What's the consensus on the LEGO games?

I'm not just referring the Traveler's Tales games, but all of them. The old PC titles, the (brief) attempts to make the games for consoles (Prior to SW), oh, and were any of the Bionicle games any good? I only have the first one for the GBA (Last embed).

Nigger, this isn’t tumblr. That’s not how anything anywhere in the world actually works. Either play the games and see if you enjoy them or legitimately commit suicide, because we don’t give a flying fuck about your bolshevik groupthink.

I spent hours with the PS2 Lego Star Wars games playing them and documenting bugs/glitches to post on the Gamespot forums.

Thanks for telling me how to think!

Hit and miss. Lego Racer is a fucking classic, if you have never played it you're missing out, even though it's not really mechanically sound (you can watch TAS and Speedruns where they manage to win maps because the devs forgot to put flags in each lap) but the customization and vibe were stellar.
Lego Island was pretty cool, though I mostly remember how much fun I had messing around in it rather than actually playing it right.
Soccer Mania is a fucking disappointment, the Chess titles were rather fun, never played the Bionicle ones but I did have loads of them, the newer ones are apparently mediocre but the good kind, like they're just made for children but they've got really funny cutscenes a coop adult can enjoy. There also was a GTA-like one that I was really hyped for but when I heard how shit the Wii U was gonna be I kind of dropped it.

You go, anonymous #2ff0c7! Don't let no one tell you that you aren't part of a collective consciousness lacking even a strand of individuality.

I have yet to play all of them, but a lot of them are pretty good. The biggest disappointment for me so far besides regular Jewry (seriously, why did they only have City Undercover for Wii-U?), was AAA-tier Jewry, i.e. The Hobbit game was a complete mess and apparently they fixed it through (((DLCs))).
My favorite ones are probably the LotR game, Clone Wars, and the later HP ones (they had some releases back around 2000, but I'm talking about 1-4 and 5-7). I really want to play Batman 2, though, and Pirates of the Caribbean seems cool.

All top tier.

Feels very good man.

IIRC, the PS1 and PC versions of the title are the same, so probably see about emulating the PS1 version then.

And I thought I turned off this flag.

I thought I remember hearing that the PS1 version was downgraded in terms of features. Was I wrong?

Lego City Undercover now has ports for all current gen consoles and pc

LEGO Star Wars and Lord of the Rings/Hobbit were all pretty good. Not sure about any of the other licensed ones, though I've heard good things about the Harry Potter ones.

The original LEGO games, like Island, Racer etc are usually good, but there are some flops.
The licensed games, especially Batman and the LotR ones are top-tier. Probably because LEGO strives for excellence while the licensers just say okay to whatever they bring.

The Bionicle games were great as far as I remember
I only played Lego Island 2 and could never beat it because I couldn't fucking understand the fishing mini-game being a spanish speaker in early 2000's. The MC was dumb as fuck too.
Soccer Mania was ok, but I personally liked the Basketball game a lot more
Racer was pretty great too, not really a great racing game, but it had all the fun of a lego game for what's worth

Lego Batman was the best of the Traveler's Tales games.

Lego City Undercover is being ported to PC.

Danke

Please elaborate.

Lego City Undercover has since been released for PC, PS4, and XBONE. Give it a pirate sometime and see if you like it

How many of you played the browser games they used to have? I remember one that was an adventure game set on a studio backlot, another adventure one that was isometric and had you running all over the place, and then there was that bionicle point-and-click adventure game. Lego did all sorts of neat shit back in the day.

It's all I've ever wanted really.

*and/or CK2

*serious as in low fantasy

I had Racers and Rock Raiders.

Racers was pretty good. Customization was pretty god tier, but the bug where you had to hit the accelerate button again after un-pausing a race was annoying, to say the least.

Also enjoyed Rock Raiders, even if I never got past Back to Basics. From what I've heard, it didn't age well, though. Fun fact: Rock raiders and Ninjabread Man were developed by the same company

My favorite Lego game is one that no one ever brings up when discussing Lego, Lego Loco. I loved it when I was a kid, it's basically a really simple city builder.

Lego Batman 3 was pretty neat, although I don't understand why it still had to be a Batman game.

The TT games, damned near all of the, are unironically good games. Not great. Not amazing.. Just good. They should be a measuring stick for rating other games. To get minimum 5/10, they need to be at least as good as a Lego Star Wars game.

I had that, never could figure out how to play it properly but I just liked building towns. I had that lego creator game too which was a lot of fun to just mess around in

Ditto on this. I could never find out how to get the one train seen in the intro, and I always treated it as some accomplishment that I, somehow, go the Super Station Master.

FUCKING WHAT? I NEED NAMES FUCKER!

Cause the Younguns know Batman by himself better then the super group he's a part of (JL).

I want Ice-Pick to make a new LEGO Island.

I miss the old mumble non-english, it was charming. Some of the voiced games are really cringe-central.

And the modern graphics, namely environments, look too realistic and detailed, like it's fucking lego

i usually felt the lego games didnt go far enough with the lego aspect.

oh the ironing

It was browser based, I think it might be gone for good. Also
>posting more than one reaction at once

It's disappointing how little came of that game.

that game was dog shit
at least 2 was playable

What good is a consensus? I liked lego racers as a lad, same for lego island although not as much.

Well, they did have Pirates of the Caribbean.

I don't have the webm, but goddamn Lego Marvel had the tightest flight mechanics…

I can play all day just flying Ironman in free roam

That was pretty good, hope they manage to make another with simply more shit to do. It felt really short to me.

As others said before, there is no consensus.

Oh yeah, my first autism simulator

I really liked Lego Racer 2 and would probably try it again, preferably online but I lost the CD for it.

You can find it online, but save yourself the trouble and just get Lego Racers 1 instead. LR2 is rather disappointing, while impressive at the same time.

It's just not the same; I want a Lego Pirates game with villains named things like Brickbeard

As for Traveler's Tales games, here's the best
I have yet to play LOTR or Hobbit.

What is the difference of Complete Saga versus the first and second ones?
Also, I recommend LotR, and maybe pirating Hobbit with the DLCs before buying.

Well user, Complete Saga is just both of those games in one pack, with additional content on top of it all such as new characters including Indiana Jones.
I wasn't a fan of his Lego games though.

I always think they are going to be complete shit and leave surprisingly satisfied.

It's called the PlayStation, I don't care what abbreviation you sloppy faggots go with, none of you can get your greasy asshole plundering digits out of yourselves long enough to play video games.

complete saga has the first two lego star wars games plus some extra levels, characters, and better graphics

Lego LOTR was sweet, but I wish they did it in pantomime like the old star wars games

Don't trust Danedevils

t. finland

Is this a new meme or something? I don't get it.