Splatoon Thread General: Deepest Lore Edition

Join our Mumble server for Squid Squad voicechat (usually Friday / Saturday):
wiki.mumble.info/wiki/Main_Page

swamp.li - Port: 64738 - "Vidya" -> "Splatoon"

Got any dank squid memes? Post them the thread whenever you can.

Don't let your memes be dreams!

Will the bellhat return?…

We're dropping the past thread layout because fuck you, that's whyif you don't know how to take a screenshot by now then what is wrong with you.

More news about Callie and Marie's post emotions are being revealed on the official Splatoon tumblr.

Octolings are inferior
CakeTrap will never play multiplayer
Splatoon 2 releases on July 21st
No Marie No Buy
No Free Online No Buy

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.fo/NyxwX
nintendo.com/switch/online-service/
twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/872151406530134017
youtube.com/watch?v=WM45NsEzlro
archive.is/gXwSW
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Cuntboys

This game is for fucking kids.

YOU ARE GOD DAMN RIGHT!

RIP Kero
Murdered by a Chinese man at an anime convention
????-current year+2

Marie makes me moist

OCTOLINGS
ARE
SUPERIOR

Superior
at being inferior

And sexy squids.

Autism.

No u.

Why didn't you anons say there was a new thread in the old thread?

I'm not the only one getting pre-2000 rareware vibes from Splatoon 2, right?

Look before you leap.

Your day is coming, you slimy little hipsters.

New Splatoon 2 details from Famitsu and GamesTM archive.fo/NyxwX
>Octarian’s world is more feminine than the past one in Splatoon

what did they mean by this?

Pretty sure that means you're going to fight Octolings much more often than you did in the first game.

They were the most fun to fight, if a short encounter, so I hope so.

This is also acceptable.

Don't mind if I do!

thanks doc

well the music from the singleplayer is girly pop remixes of 8 legged advance and cephaloparade with some city of color thrown in there. and at least from the stages weve seen theres stars lights and decorations everywhere. they want us to see a concert atmosphere, that the octarian domes have been "freshened up" if you will.

Probably the influence of Octolings and Callie.

I love the beginning of the song at 1:12 in the single player trailer. It sounds like an Octoling war march.

Squids are for hug. Kids are for fug.

Im ★Luigi

Wow Nice a new member

SPLAT THE JAPS TURF WAR NOW

haha

Is this the squid lewd thread?

Would you put a male inkling on a crowded train or bus while hes wearing spats, even if it made uncomfortable?

I'm asking for a friend hhaha

of course not wwww

I mean you wouldnt have a bunch of strangers grope and fondle him through his clothes thats just way too lewd

imagine a womans breasts are near his face and he accidentally starts getting hard and she sees and blushes haha

He could be gay though

imagine a sweaty muscular man sits near him and the squidboy squirms under the other males hungry and amused gaze, aware of how much his spats show off

Its not the same without Kero dammit

FUUUUUUCKKKKK

it was great knowing kero, i hope someone will stream her funeral

WOOMY SWAG

Posting a quality reminder for all lewd anons in this thread.

I hope you all get fucked by oncoming traffic

hey me too

Squids are for hugs, not for fugs.

Have fun getting a civil union under Trump slowpoke

Holla Forums is the new mlp

i need your clothes, your boots and your motorcycle

You forgot to say please.

Please find a squid boy to bend over

What

You faggots lied to me

Well at least they die quick.

In Alaska they harvest salmon by just beating their brains out against a rock. A knife to the brain stem is more merciful.

Wait, did 873 get deleted or shoahed?

You mean humane

I deleted my post, because I didn't want to derail the thread. Looks like I was too late.

I just happened to stumble on a >this kills the crab sort of post and thought itd be amusing to share here

That's some shonky business right there

This was a dark brotherhood quest in oblivion.

MAKE
MEMES

I meant the picture.

I'd watch that movie

They take human form to mate.

So I have a question that I'd like resolved before I look into getting the game, because it does look very fun, but my question is, are they kids, or are they squids? I mean no matter where I look on Reddit, I can't tell if people are giving me an honest answer/analysis, or if they're just fucking with me. From what I understand the idea is that they are semi-human, and based off of these mythological sea beings from Early East Asian mythology. But considering the fact that their wearing sketchers, and have different genders it doesn't match those historical writings, and I've told my professor at uni, and said it would take time for him to give me a further analysis of the biology of these creatures, but considering the fact he called them "creatures" in the email, it's obvious they don't spear entirely human on first glance, even to the laymens eyes. My uncle is a marine biologist, and had even wrote a thesis on the Teuthida order of cephalopods, and the physical ability to change form as a defense mechanism along side the use of ink as a respond to stress, as a complex fight or flight response, and I've developed a hypothetical theorem that they've been capable of shifting the nuclei of thier DNA sequence in order to hastily navigate thier environment via a biological electromagnetic graviton scaler device inside the cerebral cortex frontal lobe keeping motion of the electron network created by biopigment induced influx of mater that they navigate through when engaged in a conplex mating ritual that we the player instead see a combat. In 1968 it was found that Teuthida are capable of reproducing via liquid RNA poly indusive cloud bursting of biological mater, but considering these Beings appear mammalian I hypothize that it is an advanced form of hypo synthesis induction similar to that of various conplex multicellular microscopic life.

They're kids, asshole, they wear skechers.

They're transhumans who must be purged from the galaxy.

AUGUST

would it be better of The Rock The Dwayne The Rock The Jhonson was president and zucker were vice?

I misread that when I first saw it.

Isn't that just because they're stuck in the dark? I'm guessing that's also why they have the new glasses. Nightvision.

A cry for help! He looks to ranked matches and fresh gear when he should look to the Bellhat. Swag suede bellhats have all the answers.

Agent 3? Agent 3, are you there?

what was the testfire like? did it feel weird playing with the joycons, or did you go for the pro controller? that things way too expensive!
wheres the mini map and how do you super jump or target global specials?

i guess agent 3 is busy kart racing while all this is going down?

I can't unsee this

lah lee emphasizes whimsy and the carefree. there is a candy named after it thats given to children. low lee is depressing and negative. it makes you fat when you say it. rah ree/roh ree is what you say when you burnt your lips eating noodles.

Look out everyone
The mumble killer is here
cause who needs push to talk right?

reminder

also paid online is 1/3 the competition

this is the most shitti music i ever hear

How about Naw sunny D

In case you squids missed it, Nintendo officially gave the price for the service of shoving their dick up your ass.

nintendo.com/switch/online-service/

I fail to see a downside to this.

Premium online service.

It's fucking less than $2 a month you fucking manchild. Get a fucking job.

Holy shit.

I'm sorry you are an idiot.

And here we go fam.

I have a job
I will likely pay to use this service at some point
I still think it's shit

Wow I'm sure glad I need to buy a $20 peripheral ATTACHED TO MY PHONE USING MY PHONES DATA to communicate with online!

wtf i love consoles now

QUICKLY Holla Forums TELL ME SOME FUNNY SQUID JOKES

For the record, I will see the Online Service as a premium feature worse, if it is mandatory for all online play, and not on an opt in for using the matchmaking server.

If it was $60 like Xbox or playstation, I'd complain. However, for $20 I can take the multiplayer without voice chat.
I give zero shits about any community experience whatsoever. I rather just fucking play.

And aside from my roommates, I don't really play with anyone I actually know.

Yeah paid online is shit, but what are people supposed to do about it? xbox and playstation users have already set the trend of paying two monthly fees to play games online.
Nintendo is just copying their competitors jewery, albeit on a lesser scale.

>Well the competitors are doing it, so that makes it okay! WHEN NINTENDO DOES IT

You could always take a break and play other games/systems that don't resort to such blatant jewish tricks?

Why do you guys use mumble over discord?

Discord is hot fucking garbage, and it data mines.

Said the person not using a TOR client, on a Windows machine, posting to 8ch

Only choice of platform for that where modern games are concerned is PC, user.

Most any VOIP service you can find that isn't Teamspeak or Mumble datamines nowadays, pray for the lost souls still using Skype. I'm more concerned about the obnoxious faggots spamming their Discord groups errywhere than I am that Discord might be plucking my shitposts for potential Google ads.

To my knowledge there's only PC games left, until valve decides to get their cut of the pie.
I'm not saying it's okay when nintendo does it, it's not okay at all, I'm saying I'd rather have my anal virginity taken with a regular dildo rather than a bad dragon dildo.
If only people cared as much about paid online as they do about paid mods but there's no uproar even though there really should be

I hate normalfags so much

What the?
Imagine saying something and then being told you said the direct opposite of what you stated.
I hate retards with a basic lack of reading comprehension so much.

people are too busy butting heads over ultimately meaningless politics to care about the things they take for granted crumbling away. the real dragon dildo does not approach from the front

I feel horrible accepting this but it's a lot less jewish then I expected.
20$ a year is nothing compared to sony and microshill's online so if I do get a switch I'll pay up

is there actually a switch vr headset or is this just taping the switch to your face

The only reason to watch this is the new gameplay snippets of Tower Control, Rainmaker, Splat Zones, and some kind of Spectator mode.
Minor change for Splat Zones: The UI now shows when control of a zone is being shifted.
Major change for Tower Control: Checkpoints - When the tower reaches one, you need to keep uninterrupted control of it for a few seconds before it can move on.
Major change for Rainmaker: It now works like a charge-up rocket launcher, having a wider blast radius upon impact the longer you charge.

About god damn time I was tired of the rail run away with most games

The rainmaker change is Questionable, cause I wont get the big swirly hitbox no more it'll be like a blaster shots. It also seems lighter to carry as well

what i want to know is, does the ice cream truck music return?

Why are you calling me a retard? I wasn't paraphrasing what you said, I was reinforcing your point with what normalfags would say/think

can you blame him for taking it the way he did?
thats the thing with english and probably other language, pretty much everything can be taken at least 2 different ways.
and even worse were treading into > territory, which has several meanings of its own.

It's really not that difficult unless you're illiterate.

Huh, usually when people use greentext like that they are indeed paraphrasing. Ah well, water under the bridge.

You don't. Voice chat works through the app. The headset Hori, a third party company, designed is meant simply to allow for both the game audio and the chat audio to come through one single audio device via analog cables running through a board. You don't need the headset itself to use voice chat since all the chat audio just comes straight through the phone. If you already have a Bluetooth headset, you should be able to use that, assuming that the app is going to support linking up a standard bluetooth headset, which based on previous statements by Nintendo on this matter, seems to have been the intention.

Also, your whole ">Switch gaming:" list is pretty disingenuous. Why is it that with the list for PC gaming, all you put is the internet fee? Why not the electric bill, the housing payment, the cost for the PC build itself, the cost for a decent monitor, the cost for the games themselves and their DLC as well, etc. and pretty much everything else that allows you to continue your PC gaming habit. You seemed willing to include everything but the water bill in the Switch list? Because that doesn't satisfy your argument? And why do you act as if someone who is going to be paying for playing the Switch online is somehow starting off with absolutely nothing, not even a phone? The whole principle here is that consumers generally already have all the peripherals needed that they needn't go out and buy more. It's the same principle behind every console allowing you to use them with any standard television that supports their respective cable hookups rather than having to go out and buy a new Sony, Microsoft or Nintendo licensed television to use each of their respective hardware. There's a reason you didn't include the cost for a TV in your Switch list is because you at least have enough intelligence to know it's a given that the average person who would buy a Switch already owns a fucking TV that to include the cost of one in your list is absurd. You might have an argument if the average consumer didn't already own a smart phone for many numbers of reasons besides playing a Switch online and most likely long before they even bought a Switch OR if Nintendo demanded you buy some new proprietary phone of theirs which is the only one compatible with their new app a la the Vita & its memory cards. The only people your argument would be relevant to are those who are literally starting from scratch with a limited amount of funds.

Honestly, you're probably being a little too generous to Sony & Microsoft. The The X-Box Gold account with the Game Pass costs about 180 shekels a year. Sony's full package deal can cost you about 150. Admittedly, Sony & Microsoft offer a lot more content and goodies for what you pay them, but the switch service is definitely the bargain service with a budget price.

I'm not sure if this will really change much of anything. You usually could tell when the Splat Zone was likely going to be yours within the next couple splats after a certain amount of time playing zones on each map and know just how much ink where was enough to shift the control.
This might make it easier for teammates falling behind the pace of the tower to hurry to your position, but I can see it also leading to a lot of camp spamming where players just hold the Tower at a single check point rather than trying to take it all the way. If that's the case, why not just turn it into a multi-dimensional form of splatzone?
I think this is a positive change for the rainmaker if it means that the rainmaker will be able to fire at a faster rate that allows the person with the rainmaker to better defend themselves in those events where they can't rely on their teammates

Why is there a thread for the MLP of videogames on here?

heres some oc from mario kart. glad i had a micro sd lying around.

Fuck off newfag.

Kakashino might be /ourguy/

bump

Ayyyy we getting those new pro controllers

twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/872151406530134017

only 100$aud

wow a shit reskin costs 20 bux more

If it costs more then the normal pro controllers then it'll be 120-140aud

ok I actually looked it's 109.95

ok not even my FREE WELFARE can cover this bullshit

At the moment in Aus you can get an xbone or basic ps4 for cheaper then the switch.
PRICE DROP WHEN

hopefully around ARMS

First for Smek

I'm going to buy it anyway.

Should I give up on USA getting the pink and green switch? I know Europe isn't getting it, but they're getting the joycons separately later. Supposedly NoA doesn't believe in bundles anymore because they want people to be able to "buy the games they want."

I've been content to wait until Splatoon's release before buying a Switch, but every time I see one in a store it's gone by the next day and then they don't get more stock for over a week. I don't want to be stuck with no switch at all when Splatoon comes out and the demand for them goes even higher.

gamestop is selling all kinds of switch bundles

Yeah this thread is here, must be summer

Justice Bump

there is no justice until i can hug squids

You don't want that.

i want that thing wrapped around my dick

Sure hope Splatoon 2 won't suck dick

Does Splatoon actually have lore? What's the story?

Well you see, 12,000 years ago the sea levels rose and humanity went extinct.

So far into Earth's future that humanity has gone long extinct and sea creatures have evolved to replace us. Also there was a war at some point between the squids and octos with the squids emerging victorious and shoving the octos deep underground out of sight and slowly dying off.

Except low-lee is how it's actually pronounced, you fucking inbred faggot.

ho ho ho

Are we going to have an octo emergence day then?

ill be okay if im a minigun

You can kiss my deceased female white ass you good for nothing cocksuckers

Its Time for more weapons show cases
They're bringing back alot of old weapons and remixing them
Ive heard rumors they buffed the Sting ray after the test fire.

what are the gas tank pickaxe and mini submarine mechs?

I want to pet the squid kid's mantle.

What do I need to know in order to get competitive with Splatoon?

I think the gas tank wep is going to be like a flame thrower, but i doubt there will be any effect similar to burning when using it. mechs prolly just walk around and blow up

S+ Player here
Position& Movement control

Spacing

Poking

Assisting teammates

Looking at map when the coast is clear

Just the few basics of getting into competitve splatoon.

The Submarine Mechs are Player seeking seekers

Basically iif you dont know where your oppoent is you can place one down and they can find them for you. Think of it as a Hound Dog Or Blood Hound for hunting

They tried in the first game by taking the zapfish which power the Squids capital city but it wasn't so much an invasion as it was a means to try and save themselves. Since apparently the water is still rising if I recall correctly, and they are doing everything they can to survive.

do they have sonar barks or laugh at you when you miss?

i hope the switch has better internets. the wiiu was definitely improved from the wii, but still kind of spotty in the usa. im sure the p2p nature and wide landmass are also factors. well, that was the one thing preventing me from fully enjoying splatoon.

without miiverse posts how will the game feel alive? i was always excited to view even the crappiest posts and art, especially during splatfests. its not relevant to gameplay but it helped to give the game a very unique flair. it made me feel like "wow, this city really is populated by squids"

I am also worried about this.

so I am trying to enjoy Miiverse while we still have it

BIG FAT OCTOLING TATS

I'll also miss all the funny miiverse posts

oh wow someone actually found and posted mine

it's the third from the right

I never thought anyone would find and post my doodles.

NERF AND BUFF. NERF AND BUFF YOUR ABILITIES!

NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

hahaha how is respawning real hahaha squigga don't get splatted hahaha like stop getting killed

Or at least kids.

got a screencap for you squids

what if her boobies or thighs have suckers on them and they get stuck to your hands or face?

i wonder if thats just going to encourage suicidal aerospray tactics, i guess it depends on if the effect is greater than the first game or not.

That's not how it works.

I won't know how I feel about that unless I experience it

but it seems to be all its good for

No, I mean the situation you describe doesn't make any sense.
or

i guess i wasnt very clear. by aerospray tactic i mean just focusing on painting 100% unless a kill jumps in to your lap, spamming ink strikes and forcing the enemy to either come deal with you or lose to sheer turf coverage.
i remember it being a trend early on in the first game. it might still be, at least in turf wars, but theres a wider variety of weapons to do something like that with now.

Maybe it could work well for a Rainmaker carrier who relies on teammates to do the killing or doing fast respawn suicide tower control runs after sneaking their way back onto it.

FUCK YES!
BEST SUB IS BACK!

FUCK

YES

Don't bring back stealth jump and we're good

It should be fine now that quick respawn got nerfed

Ayy someone found the full version of Wet Floor

They are used to get rid of Hamato Yoshi

Splatoon Updates!
separate ranks for each ranked mode
score screen shows assists and special uses, in addition to K/D ratio
new map, Inkblot Academy

also reminder the tournament is in two and a half hours

We all know either EU or Japan will take it. Since EU acutally gives a fuck about the competitive scene

NA and StrayYAH Suck ass at Splatoon. Also NA was a random team that no one heard of So RIP them

Tournament starting!

youtube.com/watch?v=WM45NsEzlro

Tourney is up

Japan just take the win lmao

The new spectator mode is great.

New voice commands confirmed?

Cool my friend finished my artwork of my inkling

A CUTE!
C
U
T
E
!

NIGGER/SPIC

I'm just kidding looks fresh

Red Ink me on what else they removed. Can I still hide in ink with the Ninja Ability?

They're trying to show off the new content. No word on which old maps will come back yet, but some will since we've already seen Moray Towers (why of all fucking maps did it have to be this one)

Yes, some abilities like Ninja Squid are not available for the tournament.

I'm watching the e3 tournament and they keep saying "there's no stealth jump in this build" so it might be coming back.

FINALS ARE BETWEEN USA AND JAPAN

LET'S GO USA! DON'T LET THEM WIN!

REMEMBER SQUID HARBOR

USA WON FIRST ROUND

first look at the private lobby menu

DON'T GET COCKY, JAPS

USA WINNING 2-1

3-1

AMERICA WON!

AMERICA WINS!

THE DIRTY JAPS GOT SLAPPED

USA USA USA!!

USA TAKES IT BABY!!!

Also Local Japs not so tough without their lag

USA WINS 4-1! THIS IS NOW AN AMERICAN THREAD

TEAM USA WEEEEWW

U
S
A

what is the legend of splat tim?

WOOMY SWAG

Not really surprising. Japs are some of the biggest casuals on earth for some reason.

A good chance to repost this with some relevancy.

D E G E N E R A T E S

oy vey it's annudah shoal

Can we pretend to be Inkopolis support?

not my OC but i had a chuckle at this

Its not degenerate until there are shota inkling cuntboys posted

why

event based

GOD FUCKING DAMN IT.

Muh OC of others OCs

Game runs [email protected]/* */, it's good to see not only visual improvements since the first but also performance improvements.

She snorts crack you know.

We talking OC?

He wants you to be hard gay doesn't he.

MY RAIFU IS COMING BACK!

i wonder what kind of satori nonsense the lan adapter puts you through.

i meant to post this as well

Now? It always has had a time limit.

It stopped when you died. I've never seen it run out on it's own.

Yeah, it's weird nobody's talking about it

What is the switch trying to do to her?

I haven't been able to play Splatoon since early December last year, so I haven't paid attention to Splatoon 2.

What features does it have to seperate it from the first game?

Dualies and Callie turned evil

I'm okay with this.

Salmon Run, new campaign, new maps + equipment

Your'e straight, stop pretending you're something you're not It's no way to live

Bump

What about squid cuntboys

This has to stop.

Where does this come from?

No more Bubbles, Krakens, or any new invincibility specials. So no more panic krakens, and no more "spam invincibility specials while riding the tower to win."
No more Damage Up or Defense Up. This kills the charger.
No more Stealth Jump, and Quick Respawn is basically useless now (only applies if you die without getting any kills IIRC, so you can't just allahu ackbar constantly). In other words, other abilities are useful again.
The maps are wider open, with less choke points and narrow corridors.
Spyke The Kyke has been replaced by Murch, the living gear editor. The new system lets you attach whatever abilities you want onto gear, for a price.
Since the Switch is shaping up to be significantly more popular than the Wii U was, we can also expect that there will be significantly more players of Splatoon 2 than the original. This should allow for shorter matchmaking times, more players in your region, a more competitive western scene, and so on.

There are different hairstyles and pants now.
There's a spectator mode for ESPORTS. Local wifi multiplayer and true wired LAN as well.
1080p, 60FPS confirmed.
There's a horde mode called Salmon Run. Looks cool, and you can unlock exclusive gear through it. It sucks because the online version is event only and is most likely replacing Splatfest.
Speaking of Splatfest, Miiverse is dying so no more graffiti or Splatfest art either. The most fun and OC/shitposting-producing elements of Splatoon have been replaced with CoD zombies.
Callie either got brainwashed or went evil. Inkquiring squids want to know.

So basically, a shitload of balance changes that for the most part should make the core multiplayer more fun and interesting, as well as some gimmicks and quality of life improvements, but in return you have to give up Miiverse and pay 20 shekels a year for online, $300 or more for a Switch, $60 for Splatoon 2, and $65 for a Switch Pro Controller that I've heard has an inferior gyro to the Wii U gamepad.

People that are seriously into the multiplayer have no choice but to pony up if they want to follow the rest of the community, but they will appreciate the balance changes. More casual players that really love Splatoon's setting and characters might pick it up just to see what happens to the sisters and feel like a squid again. And for people that were interested in Splatoon before but didn't want to buy a Wii U, it's a no brainer. But maybe those who don't feel like any of the above should sleep on it for a while, because for the most part it's looking like a more polished and balanced version of the same game.

Why must Nintendo do shit like this?

I'm more mad that the Miiverse is no longer a thing. I was really hoping they would have a replacement to show off for E3, at least so Spla2n could keep all the grafitti that you'd find. Although I just read an article saying that they are going to have a similar feature, so with any bit of luck the shitposting can continue unabated.

Nintendo wanted to push local multiplayer as a marketing strategy for the Switch. They knew nobody would be able to get 8 players together for casual play, so they created a co-op horde mode.

Nintendo knew Splatfest was a good marketing strategy for Splatoon. It generated lots of OC and buzz on social media, and got people to come back every so often and see the new content.

But the Switch's capacitive touch screen isn't suited for drawing like the Wii U gamepad, and Nintendo is trying to distance itself from Miiverse. And on top of that, Splatfest doesn't really make sense given the story of Splatoon 2. Even if they reunite in the end of the story mode, the sisters have clearly gone their separate ways and moved beyond being TV show co-hosts.

But knew they needed something similar for Splatoon 2. Something to keep casuals coming back. So some genius thought, we've got one team working on Salmon Run for local multiplayer, why don't we just make that available online as an event? OK, easy, we can scratch "Splatfest Replacement" off the list and get this fucker out the door.

you will never see a real Splatfest again

Maybe they will surprise us, but I really doubt it. Miiverse is a product of the old Nintendo, essentially a friendly (NIGGERS AS I LIKE TO CALL THEM.jpg aside) social network for kids. The new Nintendo is all about marketing to young adult normalfags, who would rather be posting to their existing big boy social media accounts.
If they ever release a capacitive stylus accessory for the Switch alongside new Mario Maker and Art Academy titles, we might see some kind of return of these features, but until then I wouldn't hold my breath.

What pains me more is being out of town during the final splatfest and unable to prevent Marie from winning.

I missed it too.

Other important things I forgot:
Rotation time is 2 hours instead of 4, so you should get to play a wider variety of modes and maps, and not have to choose between quitting or playing a shit map for 4 hours.
There are separate ranks for each ranked game mode, which encourages people to git gud at all the modes and not just coast by on their favorite.

Daily reminder Japan aint shit without their lag

Neat

my fucking sides

LUL

WEW

IT JUST GETS EVEN DEEPER…

why do you think it's called the DARK brotherhood?

because they're all black and in the hood?

Splatfest are going to be in Splatoon 2.

archive.is/gXwSW
On Splatfests…
Nogami: First of all, we are definitely planning to continue Splatfest in Splatoon 2. As I mentioned with the players posting messages and artwork in the plaza, Splatfest is a way that we feel that by creating that festival atmosphere, we’re able to create a sense of unity or an indirect way of communicating that they are participating and sharing the same type of event. You can rest assured that while we’ll give you more detailed information later on what that may look like, we will be decorating the Inkopolis Square in a party and festive way.

WHy do I get the feeling twitter is going to be the new miiverse if they're gunna do the sharing feature that was in mario kart 8 Deluxe. but only way to know is under a hashtag

Every day it sucks a little more that I can't find a switch for cheap.

It would be weird for there to be a social media for only splatoon. If a community actually formed from that would surprise me.

Just noticed you can see the shadows of becons through somewalls

Does the beakon clip through it at all? Maybe the lighting engine isn't checking to not draw a shadow if it is passing through the solid.

I hadn't seen that article, thanks.
These comments and the confirmation of Splatfests returning are good signs. I wonder how exactly they will implement them without Miiverse or a resistive touch screen. At best, I think they might eventually offer a capacitive stylus accessory to (in addition to uses in other games and programs) help players draw graffiti, and allow players to simultaneously upload this graffiti to a Splatoon-specific service as well as other social media. At worst, they'll have people tweet shit at @SplatoonGraffiti or something from their phones and PCs and have moderators hand-curate the most acceptable pictures.

It would be funny if the Splatoon 2-only social media was successful enough that it encouraged Nintendo to essentially recreate Miiverse.

That wall above it doesn't cast a shadow on the box but the miiverse sign does.
So, maybe that shadow on the ground is baked in. The box isn't in all game modes so I guess the lighting bug was never found.

Never forget, this is the kind of person who plays Splatoon

You have to keep in mind we're awash in an industry of normalfags with no standards

For me, Nintendo is easily the least shitty of the big 3 and their consoles doing well will produce more of the type of console experiences I enjoy. Normalfags are already paying for Sony and Microsoft's online with smiles on their faces. 99% of people who own a Switch will do the same. If I take a stand it won't change anything, and since I can't break my autistic vidya habit I don't really have a choice.

I've basically surrendered to it at this point

I bet this was taken after the unconditional surrender of Team Callie to Empress Marie colorized

All that effort he would have to put into to dress up like that just to get some takeaway. But why? What does he have to prove?

He looks upset, almost like he is breaking under the scrutiny from the watchful eyes of the public, but the does the faggot not realize he would not be isolated and discriminated from society if he did not do this to himself.

Greatest day since we nuked the Japs

I thought this was just a random scenefag but no he's wearing a fucking splatoon shirt goddamn

We call it D-Day

The D stands for Deflowering Callie and the Still totally fair Dog Victory

Gee who do you think was better

why isn't there porn of this?

oh would you look who it is

I'll make the next thread

Make sure to link it here when your done user, I didn't even realize that the thread was autosaging

Do you want me to make the thread instead user?

New Thread

Sorry other user you were taking to long and this thread is about to fall off the board