This was 50% of Atari's releases in 2016

Can you mention a single company that got JUSTed more than Atari?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TxK
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

They're also currently sitting on the source code for Blood and they once almost C&D'd the creator of Tempest 2000 out of his game's remake.

Publishers have always been a mistake haven't they?

They helped turned games into a business instead of a hobby, so I would say yes.

Kickstarter's shown that developers are more or less retarded when they have money but no publisher. You can get good games from people with no money and no publisher, but you also won't get it in a timely fashion. A lot of devs need someone holding the whip to keep things moving and prevent infinite featurecreep but if the whip-hand is retarded then it affects everything else.

Tell me more please

Not exactly a remake, but it looks and plays pretty much like the same thing, Atari cuckblocked it from getting released anywhere but the Vita.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TxK

Fuck, they really want to get all those Atari Jaguar sales huh?

This seems to happen to all game companies founded by Jews. Even SEGA, although SEGA managed to redeem themselves somewhat but that's only because they were taken over by Japs

It's always been a business. ALL hobbies are a part of a business. What the hell are you on?

At least now we have a reverse-engineered port of Blood, i hope Atari doesn't C&D the author though.

Naw, the game industry was started by computer nerds who wanted to exhibit the then-new "digital" computing technology on their mainframes at Science Fairs

That user is still wrong though, because it was a, big surprise here, Jew, Ralph Baer, who is credited with inventing game consoles and creating the commercial game industry.

nigger that's not how it works

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought Baer was only credited for being Atari's found. And, didn't the company begin burning to the ground after they kicked him out?

Not to defend the yids, but kikestarter has proven that developers are equally cancerous.

Back in the day, they were pretty cool.

Nowadays Publishers are shit and will demand developers, if they're not one and the same to cut corners.

Don't even get me started on Kickstarter.

THQ Nordic is probably the only publisher around that I actually like right now.

And to think, this used to be Atari.

The AVP one fucked me up as a kid

Modern Atari shares nothing with the 70's and 80's company.
Nobody who made the company still works there, the IPs don't belong it anymore and barely makes games.
It's literally just Atari in name only. The current Atari called Infogrames Entertainment, they changed their name to Atari in 2009.

*was called

Fucking why?

exactly. Jaguar-era Atari barely had anyone in common with 80's Atari, and then they went under. It's like EA reusing the name "Origin", gotta get some use out of those cheaply-purchased names.