Ctar Sitizen

Whatever happened to this game? Did it ever come out? Will it? Where did all the funding go?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MPjvKdrvudM
reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/6dk9uk/300_and_global_progress_watch_update_20170526/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amazon_Lumberyard
store.steampowered.com/app/396750/EVERSPACE/
youtube.com/watch?v=H-VXWX-_CuM
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=859386513&searchtext=
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=908049248
web.archive.org/web/20130430005139/http://robertsspaceindustries.com/star-citizen-faq/
kickstarter.com/projects/cig/star-citizen
tigsource.com/page/2/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

POST YFW YOU DIDN'T FALL FOR THE SCAM YIDIZEN MEME

Just buy more JPEGs and you'll see.

Thanks!

Webm happened

I posted a comment on a normalfag video about simulation vidya that mentioned Star Citizen as being the next big fucking thing. I told them it was all flash and promise, but no substance and that the game would likely never be finished. Instantly, I was accused of being Derek Smart and the SCIDF angrily insisted that the latest videos and tech demos proved me wrong.

This shit isn't a game as much as it is a goddamned cult.

How much did you spend on JPEG Ships user?

Go talk about interesting vidya instead of whining and throwing a tantrum in this thread then. Be the change you want to see and stop being a faggot.

Shekel Yidizen is dead, the release date is on par with HL3 the only fucking thing the retards that bought it have is a retarded CoD style shooter, why in gods name does a fucking space sim need a fucking fps mode that in no way has anything innovative is beyond me. Might as well play Destiny it has more content.

indefinite hold

No

Into Derek Smart's pocket

What is there to talk about? Shekel Yidizen is a scam, it's never going to be released, every single backer is a creepy cultist who insists it will come out despite all evidence to the contrary, like the Mayan apocalypse cults that insisted the world would end in 2012. At this point any further discussion is just going in circles. Even if OP is an incompetent twat or a shill, or both, nothing new is going to come out of discussing this "game", so we might as well have some fun shitposting.

They got an FPS? Color me surprised. I thought it was just jpgs.

totally forgot about this game. holy shit its not out yet?
one of my idiot friends bought like 400 bucks in ships as and i quote "A good investment"
"But user these are my ships forever and i have insurance on them!"
"You just don't understand"
i guess not, but i do have 400 more dollars than you now.
looked around for some gameplay, most of the high viewed ones look super doctored up, not to mention cringey.
here is one i found with no voice overs. Not to interesting but maybe i don't know whats going on…. skip to 20:00 mins in and watch him struggle to get into his ship.

how much does it even cost to "Buy" this game?

>tfw I spent the minimum amount needed for the whole game no bully

It's still in development. The "star shitizen xD" meme threads from last year were pushed by a handful of cumskins from cuckchan, there hasn't been any genuine drama about the game yet.

BULLY THIS NERD
(nice dubs faggot nerd I hope you get a gf just so she can cuck you and take all your vidya)

Yes, and it's basically CoD with less features. They're trying to make like 3 games at once, I see no use for an fps mode if it's just a carbon copy of other more fleshed out shooters. I guess they need something to keep the cultist busy.

They're with God in heaven now, OP.

kek and checked

YOU JUST KNOW

or

Its clear that they will keep the game in development hell for a very long time

With Banus you lose!
youtube.com/watch?v=MPjvKdrvudM

Last I checked they officially announced that it will be delayed indefinitely

I forgot about that

I think the big problem with Star Citizen is that anybody that isn't ready to spend several hundred dollars will never even get to play the game, this means that even if it were great, most of the people just would refuse to touch it either way.

As far as I'm aware some content, or dogfighting arenas have been out for a while now and the game is getting updates regularly, despite how small or insignificant they are. But that really doesn't matter because "it's not released yet".
But even then, plenty of game don't get full releases and stay in Early Access for very long, I mean shit, Minecraft was in EA for half a decade and I know plenty of people here bought into it and liked it when it was in its prime.

Has anyone here actually played any of the content they released so far? I know there was a free weekend a few months back, I couldn't get in since my download just broke, did anyone get in?

It's pretty hilarious how the whole b-b-but muh Derek Smart is used for deflection when the constant delays, employee turnover and overreaction to bad press stand for themselves. FYI The Escapst had to delete their negative coverage because RSI wanted to drag them to court over it.

Nothing , no, no, and into the developer's fat pockets

Nice smug, have some of my elite collection.

So uh, can I just dump my smug folder?

Here's the problem: They didn't just promise space dogfights.. They promised universe. They promised The most realistic, detailed, in depth, thoroughly fleshed out, battle-damagey, authentic space physics-having, player-driven universe, with player crews only, and a vibrant imaginary economy, with events and storylines, and all kinds of other shit that fully simulates an entire far-flung sci-fi universe … AND MORE!!!

A mediocre space flight sim demo isn't worth 147 million shekels. A feature-deprived first person shooter isn't worth is. A few tech demos and branded merchandise and faked trailers doesn't warrant the hype or the 6-figure investment that many cultists backers have put into the game.

This shit is like No Man's Sky, but multiplied by a factor of 6 million. There's no fucking way that they can keep any of the promises they've made but both the devs and the fans are acting like they will, and now it's on indefinite TBA release date, and people are still trying to act like this shit will ever be a complete game, let alone something even comparable to the average EA scam.

Of course, but it's not like they completely jumped ship and left it for dead, like our other space game making friends at hello games did.

The problem here is that they planned the game out with the money they got from kickstarter, then they got even more after and all those plans went completely out the window because the scope of the game changed by a large margin.

Realistically the only thing these people need to make the game they promised is time and money. And so far this shit has been delayed so many times I doubt anyone of the people that is still giving them money cares anymore.

Wonder if this video will ever be updated :^)

tldw?

Basically sums up in a nutshell all the issues and problems with the game. and issues that are plaguing it are still there

That's what it ballooned into.

When SC was first pitched it was essentially advertised as "Wing Commander but with modern tech" and people lapped it up since there were no big space fighter games since Freespace 2. If you told many of the early backers that this would become Freelancer 2: This Time We're Jumping Off A Bigger Cliff they would've kept their wallets closed.

paid 15$

it's not that i didn't fall for it. the ship prices alone are so ridiculous that i wouldnt play it even if it was solid 11/10 game.

That was a clickbait article. They have said nothing like that AFAIK.

What employee turnover?

Yeah they definitely took things too far. Initial game was supposed to be Freelancer 2.0 but then it morphed into this monstrosity. I don't know if they'll ever finish but there is a lot of work going into it.

The people I know that paid into the kickstarter are actually all quite happy
They spent a fraction of what everybody that came after them is going to spend to get into it

Can I have their jpegs when the backers commit suicide?

Yeah, I mean, all they need to do is make a game that completely outshines and exceeds all existing games AND make it a fully persistent online world that coordinates hundreds of thousands of players concurrently.

Making an MMO isn't that hard if you're an experienced dev.
And all it needs to outshine other space sims is a fuckload of content.

It really can be done.

Reminds of this. wonder if he committed Sudoku?

ha

How many years does it take to develop something AAA? Maybe that's what they're doing or maybe that's what they want the people to think they're doing?

They have annual conventions for it woth some 100$+ tickets for it, where all you see is Roberts defending why that shit is still in alpha.
And they're sold out every fucking year.

Yet I still think that it will come out.
Either when the money runs out and they release whatever they have as final version, no matter how bad and unfinished it actually is.
Or when they get bought by some other company who then forces them to release it after seeing how fucking far it is from beingf finished.

Ctan Citizen

Daily dose of Shillziten people when someone leaked a couple of half assed levels and assets

That's pretty good salt and the first one is spiced with grade A delusion as well. Makes me want to learn more about this leak.

X3(TC/AP) is a pretty good game….

Sounds like a generic investment scam.

I could only get through the first two posts, I'm assuming the rest are the same.
Was it just some random asset files or was it more major? Something showing how little progress they have made on the campaign, maybe?

A bit fuzzy on the details since it is quite old but it was some early sketch of the first campaing level and unreleased ships
Here is a list I snapped a photo of

I wonder if Chris will sell Star Citizen "Hyperspace Ascension" Kool-Aid for people to drink once it looks like this unavoidably implodes

I can't wait for the slew of articles and videos about how those ebil gamurz caused the project to fail miserably along with the rest of the smoke screen they'll put up whenever anyone asks where those millions of dollars went.

You forgot these classics.

I wonder if there will even be games journalists in a few decades after people finally stop giving this faggot money for his bullshit scam.

The Jews journos only do that when it's a SJW propaganda dev that blows up.

There is an inordinate number of "tranny devs" that speak in the video blogs this production puts out. It's a guarantee the journos will play their usual hand when this blows up.

Far less than that.
Shekel Citizen is the new Duke Nukem Forever, pure vaporware except people didn't pay for DNF in advance…
They planned for a release in 2014!
They keep saying they will ship out this year we"re mid-year but they have literally showed nothing from it gameplay wise (except fairly awful scripted scenes and models)…

All that time and money and Wing commander 3 is still way more fun than what's implemented.

Name one good AAA game in the last 20 years that's taken less than 5 years to make and was the first production of that company.

Funny, I cleaned out my attic a few weeks ago and found some old ass gaming magazine there. It had a article on Freelancer and guess what? They teased the same shit about huge a huge universe, dynamic economies and a large multiplay back then. Except this time there's no publisher who will step in and force them to ultimately release the game.

First.

Second
Nearly all of them.

There are obviously not many but:
Half Life. 2 years.
Eve Online. 5 years.
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 6 years.
Arguably Overwatch. 3 years.

Also you're forgetting that in 2012, when the kickstarter started and they wanted only 2 millions they ALREADY HAD A FULL PROTOTYPE.
Development start date is easy to pinpoint it's when they incorporated Cloud Imperium Games specifically for the project in 2010…
So that's already 7 years assuming it would came out right now.

Which is fairly clear it won't. So yeah we're entering DNF/half Life 3 territory.

a friend of mine let me borrow his account to try out about six months ago. game was laggy as shit. the content that was there seemed okay but that was essentially just a handful of places to warp to, a bunch of ships, and some FPS stuff. There's a severe lack of content. The whole thing feels barren.

there are bugs out the wazoo. There are airlocks that are supposed to prevent players from walking out into space without a spacesuit on - if you activate the airlock in your normal clothes, you die during decompression. however, you could also just go prone and glitch your way through the doors, allowing you to run around outside without a suit and fly around as if you had a jetpack (you don't). There are multi-player ships, but they are also glitchy and there's a chance that if you'll fall through the floor and out into space.

The most fun I had in the game was waiting for people to spawn large multi-player ships on the launch pad, then sneak inside and stow away somewhere. Once the owner and his friends boarded the ship and took off, I would sneak around and kill all of them, then steal the ship. Gameplay mechanics like this could actually be a lot of fun in a full-scale game where I could be a pirate and sell the ship off or something, but there's nothing like that at all, so I have to settle for enjoying all the angry messages I get in chat.

tl;dr: biggest issues in the game are the laggy-as-fuck gameplay experience and the lack of content. I'm not sure how we're going to get from here to the game Roberts promised everyone.

Ha I forgot
Far Cry. 3/4 years.
And they made their own engine in-house that was a technical revolution.

Even if it's not an AAA for normalfags it took some serious time, effort and money to make something as deep as Eve. I put it there because it's the game shill citizens are hoping Shekel Citizen is gonna be, except with a FPS, a RPG and space sim in it.

You know, a realistic expectation.

Why would the japanese make an onahole my thumb could barely fit in?

The stretching is half the fun.

Because Japanese penises are the size of your thumb.

tfw got a pencil dick

It's really a shame, as this wasn't even entirely a scam
All evidence points to the actual devs being legitimately autistic and trying to make an everything simulator, while the marketing team blew all their money trying to justify their existence and keep their bloated jobs by keeping the donation machine rolling
The cash they got should have easily been enough to get at the very least half of the game finished, but they wasted it all on marketing and that dumb single player campaign
Never blame on malice what can be attributed to incompetence

i wonder if this will even be worth pirating when it comes out in 2035

You will also have to pay extra from the Arsenic "Extreme Flavor Enhancer"

Who said that? Probably a kike to cover up his shit. Anyone who knows a goddamn thing about the world would say the exact opposite. Fuck off, apologist.

It’s cute that you think it will come out.

pic related

Since the Jargon File was just a collection of shit by a bunch of lab employees, it's likely we'll never know what kike said that, or what shit he covered up with it.

From economic point they are succeeded.

Okay, the devs weren't autistic, they just did all that really complex yet useless shit just to sell the game even though it would have been less work to actually include more "game" parts

Are you autistic? Can you not parse emotions?

my sides

In what world is the emotion that prompted you to make a reply telling me to fuck off not anger

Thanks for confirming your autism.

Remember to report that shit whenever you see it.

Good thing I refunded now.

Holy shit fucking lurk more you newfag. Your post is utter fucking cancer go back to reddit.

You may have been stupid enough to fall for the hype, but at least you were smart enough to get out too.

With No Man's Lie and this one the industry of video is turning into a place for scamming.

Btw does anyone remember that Tim Schaefer game? Wasn't it 3.6 million?

The coming 3.0 patch will make or break this game. Assuming the devs can deliver the promise of seamless space-to-planet exploration with procedural generation, the fans might be satisfied enough for now to continue support. If not, they are screwed.

Wait, I thought the patch was out already?

That's never going to happen. The pattern with all their "big" updates so far was trimming them down significantly and walking back on most promises whenever the second (or third) release date comes around.

Nope, 3.0 is still to be released.

You mean the devs need even more funding?

And people are still giving Roberts money? Are SC fans the biggest suckers in the history of humanity?

They need the funds to shit out more overpowered ship jpegs.

Do these people even ask for a road map and milestones? Jesus fucking Christ.

I mean support in terms of not getting refunds. But yes, further delays can definitely mean more money..

There is actually a road map:

reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/6dk9uk/300_and_global_progress_watch_update_20170526/

Fuck off with this thread derailing shit!

It worries me even more that your post is the only one berating that faggot. God help this board.

Might as well print it on toilet paper since they never adhere to it.

hm.

look how civilized and coherent their arguments for and against non-publisher funding is.

Is this what reddit is usually like?

really makes you think.

star citizen threads deserve to be ridiculed and derailed
every fucking week some plebbitor cunt makes a new one and we are all sick of it

who is we?

most of Holla Forums judging by how quickly this shitty thread got derailed xddddd

It was a scam
Never Ever
N E V E R E V E R
Chris Robert's bank account.

yes but this 'mfw' when shit is just a shitty way to make the thread hit the bump limit.

And SC threads are not that common.

Makes me wonder how shekels your are in then, citizen?

Someone is a newfag that was not around for the TORtanic rape train.

No idea why people rate freelancer so highly. It was considered a steaming pile of shit when it came out

basically desperate for anything decently serviceable.

I have to fucking wonder why no once can make a decent space sim anymore. Just take the Freelancer 2 gameplay, make a good SP campaign around it and set it in a reasonably open sandbox that is more than a spreadsheet simulator.

How fucking hard can it be?

he knows

le joek ape xD

By bumping the shit thread and more ironic shitposting, riiiight. Summer is even more retarded than usual…

The best part is they've received more in funding than most AAA titles and have literally produced nothing of substance in almost 4 years and the deluded backers are still shilling it on every site.

I hope this continues for years. This catastrophe is aging like wine with every new year of empty promises and complete fan delusion

I predict Amazon will pick it up, after the jpeg cashcow finally dries out and Roberts has to admit they blew through all the cash, and push the game out the door

how much did you pay citizen?

why? why would they want this unserviceable shitfest?

Its also incredibly liable to a shitton of lawsuits.

No one is touching this shitshow

Just imagining how many furries and goons have invested their life savings into this and will commit sudoku when it all comes crashing down makes my dick hard.

They're using their engine
So yeah, very likely.

You are delusional

I don't think you know what delusional means.

LOL its a genuine SC backer!

How much, citizen?

With? Doesn't exist. On the off chance you don't mean Freespace then you are retarded. Freelancer gameplay was awful

It truly is a glorious thing.

?
I have no idea what you're talking about.

Amazon have bought Twitch and have created their own gaming engine. They clearly have an interest in the gaming industry, so it's extremely likely they would want to get a piece of this multi-million dollar game.

Yeah, I meant Freespace 2. I'm sleep deprived so fuck you.

wait, does that mean they switch engines ? meaning the years and years of tweaking cry engine and trying to make it works went up to flames ?

if so, this ought to have brought an uproar and dispair, but heard nothing …

Well, the Lumberyard engine, or whatever it's called, is a fork of the Cryengine. Or at least it's very similar.

Oh really?

When the shit goes down the lawsuits will begin and likely a visit from the regulator.

Everything after the kickstarter is considered a 'sale' and lack of delivery is fraud.

No one will touch this, you are 'delusional' to think otherwise.

pretty much this at 6:28

What a beta bitch

its not, citizen.

there was but cuckstream gaming media no longer write about SC.

Fuck you to buddy! I'll show you who's boss of the sleep deprived!

Some more for your collection.

I wonder what the human limit for lack of sleep is.

Because shit won't go down.
EA, Ubisoft, Zenimax all release unfinished, bad products, and people love them and keep buying it.

Despite what you see here on Holla Forums, people that have bought into the game are very happy with it. And the people from other communities are either excited about it or indifferent about it.

The game is worth a lot of money, and it has proved that it CAN make a lot of money and that there clearly is a market for it. Any company with a stake in this would want to get a piece in case CIG goes south.

Star Citizen literally resurrected the space sim genre with a kickstarter, that's how much pull this thing has.

You're just completely unable to see it because you're for some reason really mad at the game and have hear no other opinions but the ones you've heard here on Holla Forums.
Maybe go out and understand the situation as a whole before making sweeping statements.

You're fucking delusional user.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amazon_Lumberyard

Any more stupid shit to say?

I wonder where all the money is going. The game used to run on a modified CryEngine, haven't they switch to another engine?

Nobody knows why we actually need sleep. Some people go years without it and do fine.

this can't possibly be true

All we gout out of it was this scam and Elite. The genre was better off dead and buried.

Elite's okay tbh.
It'll take a few years for good space sims to come back but I'm hopeful.

I'm honestly just kind of happy because it means that it's economically viable for me to work on one by myself.

yea but since they were officialy tweaking cry engine constantly for years with helps from Cry engines devs …
to the point were i think we could all agree that : SC's cry engine" is a fork of cry engine on itself .
so … it seems they changed AGAIN the engine and are starting the tweaks "from scratch" no?

That's a funny way of saying "Roberts is a cretin that choose a woefully inadequate engine because he thought it was pretty and had no bribe the CryTek engine devs to come along and attempt to untangle the clusterfuck he made".

If the architecture is similar I wouldn't really say it's from scratch.
I've never used either Cry Engine or Lumberyars so I honestly have no idea how the thing works.

ask Michael Jackson

How much Citizen? You certainly aren't denying anything.

yeh based mean equals. Your are a full on Shitizen aren't you?

Released, right. SC is now on never ever release schedule. lol EA, so much for the publisher is dead amiright

Yep, SC has pretty much milked the market, there is no more money to be made, no more sales therefore no future. The PU was already dead on arrival without the fuckups.

And its about to kill it dead.

Holla Forums is a hivemind

I lol'd at this one.

You don't like the D word do you? It must trigger all those doubts you are desperately at max damage control for right now

Deny it, say you aren't a backer. Even lie, its only an user board protip you can't

constantly fucking with the engine sounds like a handy way to avoid making any meaningful content

All they've been doing is shitting out ship jpegs. The gameworld is made up of an empty planet and a bunch of empty moons 5 years into development.

They've yet to hammer out basic gameplay even.

It means they're very similar. If the language is the same and the built-in functions are similar then porting it isn't that hard.

I've seen devs porting a game from Unity to Unreal in a few months, it's not that unlikely to happen. But again, I doubt you have any experience on this and are just talking out of your ass.

Yeah, and this made more money than all of them without being released. I'm sure nobody would be interested in that goldmine. No sir.

Elite is still in development. And despite being a huge disappointment, people were actually excited about NMS. This means that these games can be made again.

Yeah people have been saying this for years, and yet it still hasn't.

Have you looked through SC threads? It is.

Dunno dude, at least I'm not absolutely buttblasted about a game I apparently don't care about. What did CIG do? Did he steal your money and that's why you feel the need to just sperg out as soon as someone doesn't make a post with 12 anime girls laughing in a SC thread?
Cmon now.

precisely, I've seen this many times in myself too.. making something meaningful is stressful, so they'll end up focusing to something not actually very important

I wonder how they can make a game when most of the subcontractors are all over the place.

Roberts made the mistake of starting with the form over the substance. He wanted nice graphics but didn't think of the MMO aspect of his game.

It still likely required a substantial amount of reworks on their part considering how much custom code they had to add to the CryEngine to make it work for a space sim.

It probably did. But to be honest it's not like they've got anything better to do
Also this user is probably onto something

Btw if you're interested in space sims this is apparently pretty good store.steampowered.com/app/396750/EVERSPACE/

There's a video in this thread showing some gameplay, it looks sooooo boring. It took the guy 5 minutes to go into his ship. I understand the idea and appeal of creating a semi-realistic space simulation but there's a point where it stops being a game and it becomes boring and slow.

>>>/cuckchan/

I got Everspace when it was just blowing up a couple months ago, but the instanced space areas really killed the open world feel of the game.

What was meant was the Market for Wing Commander clones. The other side is doing fine with Elite Dangerous that is still Lacking a lot of stuff. But are you supposed to do when a madman like David "Gas the Dinosaurs" Braben wants to make a monstrosity where you can mine Asteroids inside a asteroid ring around a Gas giant, fly to a moon, collect some dude from a pod inside a crater, then fly to a water planet, dive into it's ocean and sell the minerals and the guy from the pod in a underwater station .then finally dive up get out of the ship on an Island and shoot Nessie's fucking head off with a laser?

tl;dr
Elite Dangerous lacks content, because its the most autistic shit Frontier has ever done.

yup I figured you couldn't deny your lord and savior.

both have stated they have modified the code base well beyond the original. Good luck with that.

not when this fails, this will kill the market again

ohh good comparison. That was also a scam

and? They released something. SC will not

7 years of development, yeh thats going to be juust fine

this is a common shitizen deflection argument.

Please come back an post you inevitable suicide note.

omg another one.

How much citizen?

At least it's not another Elite, right?

Absolutely true. Not to mention, the fact that it's closed off and online means there can be no modding content to add more shit to do. Which I'm sure the community would love to work on.

Dunno man, I'm really hopeful it'll be good eventually.

You know what user, I'm just gonna leave you in your underage delusion.
Feel free to add something constructive to the thread, I'm not gonna give you any more rope to shitpost.

Sayonara Citizen

any of you know the famous yiddish joke ?

i think SC became one.
the story is the folowing:

shlomo call his friend David and tell him:
- David: "it s wonderfull i ll takes them"
then David calls, Jonathan:
Jonathan agrees,then Jonathan calls Jacob and give him the same deal for 3 shekels
and the story continues on …
Until Moshe call Chris and propose him the same deal for 49shekels.
- Chris: "wonderfull i ll takes them".
and the folowing day christian calls back Moshe and tell him:
and moshe answer:
i m no scammer, you just don't understand, they arent made to be used, they are made to be bought and sold, bought and sold …

i bet some made a good amount of shekels by selling jpegs

source youtube.com/watch?v=H-VXWX-_CuM by the scumbag jaque attali

Thanks user

fuck user your writing style hurts my head

I'd love to know how many of the goons who now suck Derek Smarts sweaty balls tried some "muh soggy knees, muh homofobes we need SRS on the RSI forums now REEEE" shit.

It's spastics turning on deluded cultists and we all get to watch.

Truly we are blessed.

It's not P2W if you label it pre-order :^)

Not to mention ones with promise like Infinite Battlescape got shunned cause "What if they become another Star Citizen? "

Sounds just like how Holla Forums accuses you of being a lefty if you disagree with them.

Or how retarded weebs throw the "goon" buzzword around to anyone who doesn't agree with them.

oh without a doubt DS is a SJW-lite who is super salty about trump.

Apparently they managed to bait CIG into that and it worked

It's okay for the first play through, but then the game basically runs out of story but still expects you start over from scratch and repeat the entire game two or three more times to get the complete ending. At least they got rid of the bullshit final stage from the beta with the teleporting boss and the access point right next to an instant death blackhole.

Also it's really fucking annoying you can't change glyphs or ship colors mid game. Access keys still hardly ever drop, and dark energy and dark matter is too damn rare yet half the crafting formulas need them.

I'm especially pissed they never added joystick support.

well for YEARS it was all they could do . so their fantard are happy with it.
their "FoV" is so small that they are even happy to see that flushing the toilette is a thing. that you can sleep in your ship … etc.. when in reality they will never do it once the game… become a real game and not just some tech demo like "DEMO CD" of the PS1 where some spend HOURS moving that retarded manta ray.

they may one day realise that in a game: doing this will become the most anoying stuff in the long run.
just like the cutscene in the shitty ME:A when you want to check out an asteroid/^planet or whatever

3 days. After around 50-60 hours of no sleep you start to hallucinate and eventually your body will shut down to rest.

here is some visual

Speaking of that: Smart's becae outright unreadable thanks to all the deluded political shit he is posting. All what it takes to finally do his credibility in is a blog article about how Donald Trump is a fucking parvenu.

No Joystick support no buy. I got a HOTAS for Elite Dangerous and other Space sims.

Oh you're kidding.

This whole post screams of projection

Why would I be kidding?

To his defense both those boards throw buzzwords around whenever someone disagrees with them.

The thing is, they could have done it. Kerbal Space Program did in the same timeframe (glitchy but working multiplayer is available through mods), and even has a fully functional physics engine in it. In fact, it is fully plausible to recreate the existing universe (well, at least our solar system) via mods too. This, more than anything else, demonstrates how much of a scam SC is because it proves such a thing is at least functionally plausible but SC doesn't have much to show.

If some faggot comes here and starts crying about animu grills its all he deserves.

Wait, isn't this a massive opportunity?
SC fans are basically hundreds of thousands rabid fanatics (probably mostly white males Sci Fi is not a diverse crowd), they will never admit that the ultimate failure that will be Shekel Citizen is because of their attitude and them backing the wrong horse.

So they will deflect like crazy and blame it… on Derek Smart and SJW friends.
Can't we pull a long con and regularly attack Chris Robert for being racist and stuff, and how anyone supporting him is too, how depicting space with corporations and stuff is totally unrealistic because socialism is the only path to progress, etc?
That way his supporters (which are already half batshit) will radicalize and join the nearest RWDS? In fursuit, but still manpower is manpower.

Why not

You have to go a bit deeper than that. Unleash your inner strawmanned english major. ahem. The space fantasy genre represents the apotheosis of white flight. Beneath those sleek chrome and gunmetal exteriors lie the same racist assumptions as a white hood.

Try Starpoint Gemini Warlords for an open world game. I talked about it in the Starpoint thread, with only like 7 replies, and that it's the closest to mount and blade in space we're going to get.

Yeah, shitting on a game that nobody plays will always be more popular here unfortunately.
I'll see what Gemini Warlords is about though, thanks for the suggestion

True. There's a reason why a lot of features like that get cut during the development of a game. It might look nice on paper but a waste of time in reality.
The galaxy map in ME:A is indeed a proof of that.

If RSI goes belly up, their plan B is clearly to try and sell themselves to Amazon in the hope that they will be stupid enough to pay a high price than regular Jew investors who would demand that Roberts abdicate. That's not to say such a scheme would work, but it's at least logically consistent considering that SC uses Amazon's proprietary game engine in the first place.

The real issue isn't if Amazon gets involved, but what they'll pay. Roberts clearly thinks they'll pay eight or nine figures but it's probably going to be a pittance under $100k considering that the game still won't be shippable when this shit goes down.

They'll get nothing. If amazon wanted a shitty space clone they could pay someone to make it from the ground up for a twentieth of the cost.

The combat is hard to get used to at first but once you get the hang of it and start base building you can roll with fleets of your own and assault other factions.

Is there some combat mods in the autism simulator so I can sperg out making realistic military space ships?

Well, that one Star Wars mod for Warband had some hacky implementation of spaceships so it's not that farfetched to imagine Bannerlord might get a proper Star Wars or Star Trek mod.

More games that do the same shit have come out and will continue to come out while this shit is still being developed. By the time it actually comes out, it will have no need to fill. There will be zero demand for another big space game, and it seems to have no niche or unique characteristics. It'll be like if EVE released this year. This is why games have deadlines and developers utilize expansions. It isn't some art piece, this was a product meant to cater to a demand. Fortunately for them they managed to cash in on the demand before actually releasing a product and made their money, but it seems pretty clear they aren't going to make any new sales if it ever comes out. It seems quite inevitable that this game will be uninspired, generic, scrapped together and by the time outdated crap.

The second installment is still in my backlog. Thanks anyway.I'll check if there is a thread about this one up later. That one is still relatively fresh.

Please lurk more. He wasn't talking about Mount and Blade.

There's actually a Star Wars mod for Starpoint Gemini Warlords too, I think.

Basically every butthurt user in SC threads. At least you're not alone Holla Forums; here you are always surrounded by faggots just like you.

"combat mods" come stock with the game, although there's nothing to shoot at except other planets

*teleports behind you*

I'm legit quietly pulling for this game to come out and be really good.

That said, however, it'll never get a single shekel from me until it's in stores and i've read a few good reviews.

$100,000 is about the yearly cost for two qualified programmers to make a game. Which is to say, Amazon can get a good deal if they pay about that for SC as a whole, then spend a year making it actually work and release it digitally (with the f2p bullshit remaining, of course). Roberts would never release this publicly though, it's just be "we're partnering with Amazon!!!!" and their fanbase would suck it up.

Drown yourself, shill.

Nothing beyond 2.5km renders or has physics applied AT ALL. The planets and star are fixed points. All asteroids are just objects without gravity. KSP is a shitshow that will never be updated or improved again.

Apples and oranges isn't an accurate enough description to explain why saying "KSP did it, so Star Citizen can do it!" is just entirely wrong. They aren't just building a game where you send a ship up into space. Realistic planetary physics aren't even on the table and Star Citizen still won't be able to accomplish half of what they've promised now.

They aren't just claiming it will be a space sim, at least not anymore.. No no.. This will be a digital sci-fi universe where you exist as a persistent singular entity who can run around on a planet, then climb into his ship, which has a full interior design, which is also customizable and built to run with a crew of numerous other players. Then, once you're in space, you can climb out of your ship and go float around in a space suit and do crazy stuff in space. Oh shit, what's that? Another space ship! Yeah! Time for super realistic space dogfights!!

I could go on, but I hope you get the point. They've promised a level of detail and "realism" that most games have struggled to reach, with a level of quality and detail that most triple A games can't achieve with double the SC budget, and even with all of these ridiculous goals, they haven't even hinted at any kind of substantial idea for how character leveling, gear, trading, crafting, ship repair, on-ground activities, atmospheric entries, crazy space shit like solar flares and meterorite storms, and shit like that will work.

so? Such a thing is not really needed

it's a shitshow that works, though. And with enough mods (namely RSS, FAR, realscale boosters, mechjeb) it becomes a fully competent spaceflight simulator.

And it's still a more finished game than Star Citizen.

Really? Did they already appoint some fat Troon as community manager?

wew laddy, that's not how it works. Not even remotely.

Yeah, modders added Super Star Destroyer and More Imperial Ships

Imperial II Super Star Destroyer:
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=859386513&searchtext=

Victory Class Star Destroyer, Kontos Star Frigate, Fulgor Pursuit Frigate, Intersector Gunship, Indictor EW Corvette and more soon

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=908049248

Does warlords have full joystick support? starpoint 2 would only work with like two or three specific sticks because apparently they needed to patch support in for each stick separately for some crazy ass reason.

It'll be the Foodfight of videogames but 10x as hilarious.

Yeah, that's the great thing about you. You'll bring up Holla Forums even when nobody disagrees with you.

No it wasn't. Not even close. It was meant to be the next Privateer and Wing Commander.
web.archive.org/web/20130430005139/http://robertsspaceindustries.com/star-citizen-faq/

Never said that.
Truth is not on Holla Forums's side or Holla Forums's side.

You're both clueless mentally ill retards.

The scam even permeates into their versioning.

The fact that so many of the game's fans are diehard cultist is freaky. People are already ruining their lives by donating an obscene amount of money on it. It's bizarre.
Can't wait to see them all kill themselves when it fails.

Star Citizen will be the best game ever. Sadly by the time it comes out we're all in Paradise on holodecks.

Did you know there's a Star Citizen con? A show for a game that's not even out.

Okay, kill yourself. You’re a delusional faggot.

Is Star Citizen now the Anthony Burch of video games? Or is that still Half Life 3?

Where they bring out a cake and sing happy birthday for star citizen

Kill yourself you retarded faggot.

You smell like shit.

Great argument, leftist.

Thanks for proving my point

Everyone is laughing at you right now.

Here is a pity (You)

wew lad, reported

"When It's Done"

Always Bet on Derek

People who rate Freelancer highly probably either had a hardon for the modding scene or the really autistic PR that was widespread online. Pretty much the only reasons someone could be nostalgic about the game.

I can tell you why, and it's the same reason Star Citizen went to shit.
It's full of RP'ers
Furry ones especially

You talk like a faggot.

How much 72cefd?

What is it with furries and RPing in space sims?

FTFY
Seriously though they are one of the most cancerous groups out there. They actively destroy communities demanding everything adheres to their degenerate standards and be a hugbox for them. Fucking disgusting honestly.

Any community that tolerates furries deserves the cancer they bring.

Agreed. Burn them at the gates. Let one through and they breed, and before you know it your knee deep in yiffing.

Now you know how we feel about weebs and how you constantly shitpost with your garbage moe blobs.

moe blobs are less fucking annoying than furfags

PURGE THE UNCLEAN!

He hasnt even switched IDs

Not an argument.

The fuck is even going on ITT?

Why not both?

jesus christ

That's like saying your less retarded for getting second in the Special Olympics.

What the fuck.

how does Dual Universe compare to Star Citizen? I saw some big boy advertising his faction on some softserve ads here and was curious as to whether it's going to be just another scam

Colin is the best thing to ever come out of Canada

Oh dear.

I am going to bite anyway

I can already download all of the ships in SC for free and modify them using MS Paint.

Chill, kid. I mean we all here for "shit on scam yidizen" bandwagon, which is fun and healthy activity for whole family. But you try too hard to fit in.
What's next? You gonna hate on all space games because they remind you of Chris Ratberg?

I mean Holla Forums jerks off to nintendo showelware just around the corner. In what world Freelancer is a bad game? Care to list 10 better space "sims" or something? I probably missed so much fun stuff.

Austic RP fag detected.
Freelancer was mediocre both compared to what they said they were developing and the speesh games that came out before and after. Yet for some reason I never see faggots circlejerking or getting defensive over Tachyon or I-War 2.

Nyet!

It's a real tragedy that I-War was made back in 97 and yet it will have better physics than Star Citizen because "muh accessibility".

That's exactly why everyone gets pissed off with Freelancer fags. Because there isn't just 10 better space games. There's 50. Ranging from the X-Wing Vs TIE Fighter Series, Privateer, X Series, Freespace, Tachyon, Independence War, Nexus the Jupiter Incident, Elite, Vega Strike, Oolite, Allegiance, frankly the list goes on.
Whenever I hear Freelancer discussed it's slated as "Duh Best Space Game Evur!" when it just clearly isn't, not even close. It's a mediocre game that doesn't excel at anything and thus excels at nothing.
And as says all you see are fags circlejerking over what is clearly baby's first space game.

So in terms of fitting in, if you think Freelancer is a truly amazing space game then you have one place to go.
>>>/reddit/

I don't know what's more pathetic.
People who believe Star Citizen will be anything but hot garbage or people dissing on the first group.
Go play some vidya you retards.

How much money? How many jpegs?

One problem though, the people dissing the cultists didn't waste any money.

The 4th one is the best for me.

If you are posting here you are a weeb, this is fact

False.

This is a board about video games, not weeb shit.

Shut the fuck up weeb

Does anyone still have the Quark death scream?

Sound of Chris Roberts when the Cultists turn against them.

Of course there will be, as long as stupid people exist. Shit like The Globe, the National Enquirer/Examiner have flaunted their clickbait bullshit for years now and people still buy their rubbish. Game journos have nothing to worry about in that regard.

What is it with old men and that "a hobby should be nothing more than a money pit" mentality? I'm amazed at the number of 50+ year olds I've seen who are complete trash at games but seem to have zero problem with the idea of paying thousands for microtransactions, as if having the best shit in game somehow makes them a better and more knowledgeable fan or something.

Every spaceship is built from 100s of sub-components, many of them moving and articulating just like they would in the “real” world. If a component gets damaged during combat be prepared to feel the effects on your ship.
kickstarter.com/projects/cig/star-citizen

You can look at the Kickstarter yourself. It's far beyond Kerbal. You can move the cargo inside your ship to balance out after a realistic battle with PC or NPC pirates. Maybe it's possible with a text-based game, but the kickstarter promises basically just real life but in space rendered on PC. It’s not possible to recreate the real universe in a real level of detail with real Newtonian physics and real navigation in an MMO in Havok in VR. This game promises just way too much and will never be capable of delivering without massive simplication of its focus.

Oh lord I've seen your autism on Holla Forums and on Holla Forums

Splattoon isn't a halfbaked catastrophe as Freelancer was. If you have lurked a little more, you would know that the Western version of Xenogears is universally disliked and Holla Forums has a mixed relationship with big N since Iwata croaked.

So you want sever 80% of all good games from that board? This is what you get, because Western Gaming has been almost pozzed to death.

Here you go!

Wasn't Freelancer yet another Roberts shitshow that needed to be salvaged by Microsoft who had to fire Roberts? You just don't have to get out the big clubs from the Spacesim genre: There already have been 2 better Wing Commander clones with Aquanox 1 and 2 that came out to fill that gap.

Have I entered a time machine, or are you 12?

I hate indie shit but it might legitimately be the only hope for Western games.

Constantly fucking with the engines and changing the teams around it is a sure way to simply make shit.

Engines are the hardest thing to do in vidya, it requires actual programmers and engineers (read evil CIS male white people/chinks that did maths, maths, more maths and extra maths as a school cursus, not poo codemonkeys or self taught artsy 3d modellers)

Pretty much yes. It when in development hell for like 5 years or something along those lines. Also he isn't really that good when it comes to development. His brother Erin funny enough is, who has a reputation for GETTING SHIT DONE. Chris has a lot of undeserved repuatation because of his brother's good work. Hell just look at the quality of Starlancer which had minimal influence from Chris it actually only really had his name on it to try and help sell it and compare it to Wing Commander, Freelancer, Brute Force, hell everything Chris has made.

Didn't they just indefinitely suspend the release date and open up the flood gate to let dumb fucks flood the game with extravagant amounts of money to help try and finish it?

Yes.
Back when they "only" had 24 million they put up a poll asking the backers if they wanted to get the game now with the money they "invested", or don't close donations and just keep being a featurecreep.
I think you know what the overwhelming majority chose.

would this be the infamous 'reverse shill'?

welcome to Holla Forums: where if you like anything you're a jew shill, and if you hate anything you're a reverse shill

I played a bit when they had the trial thing.
it's pretty bare-bones but there seems to be a skeleton to hang a decent game on. It really needs content.

Cruising through the asteroid belt on autopilot with the Cowboy Bebop soundtrack on was some of the best comfy i've ever had in a game if I'm being honest.

Guess I'm just immune to this viral case of hate-boner going here. Don't love it, but I don't really hate it either.

It's almost dead. Don't simply trust me, just take a look at TIG-source.
tigsource.com/page/2/

The only hope lies with a return of Western freeware. For that to happen, however, that postponed crash has to finally run its course so people stop demanding money for any shit RPG maker game they churn out.

You can have that in Elite Dangerous as well which is actually a complete working game.

So many generals after the battle.

While it's retarded to throw money away, it's equally retarded to never invest or risk anything. That's the pussy way.

Why did Chris Roberts' ugly mug appear at the end of a random Time Warner/Spectrum commercial?

Because he was shilling their service on the side before they have switched to Amazon. This is how desperate for money he is.