Did you know that Crash can build speed for 12 seconds and travel to different parts of the game?

Did you know that Crash can build speed for 12 seconds and travel to different parts of the game?

Other urls found in this thread:

tasvideos.org/5384S.html
forums.the-elite.net/index.php?topic=18653.300
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Am I in a parallel universe?

Tell that mario autist, so he can spend 24 hours to get hidden gems or some shit.

Dude who doesn't know about the jiggle. Everyone knows how to jiggle to go faster. This'd be like being surprised that Spinning at the same time as crouch jumping makes you go higher, and you can get the yellow gem in crash 3 earlier, or the red gem in crash 2 earlier.

Into the trash it goes.

More like cheating.

it is impossible for a human to do this glitch. it can only be done in tas

Do you even know what TAS does?

It assists speedruns with tools that hack the game.

No you

The tools don't hack the game, but the inputs TAS does that are the same as the inputs from a normal controller a player could do. TAS mostly helps you choose which button is pressed and when(with frame perfect accuracy). It's meant to represent the optimal input, what a man can do if he had pressed the right buttons at the right time.

in other words: cheating

Is this bait?

HOTPOCKETS

Sorry user, I shadow banned you. No one can see your posts now.

Yes, user, pressing buttons on the controller: cheating.

how about you faggots stop replying to bait?

I wish, then I would really have no reason to come back to this shithole. We're seriously reaching halfchan just before the exodus levels of hotpocket-faggotry. Mods are deleting comments that hurt their delicate feelings or say something they don't like; it's fucking pathetic and will cause people to leave here in droves soon.

Oh no, maybe they'll be forced to do something productive with their time.

Pressing buttons isn't cheating.
Slowing the game down to make sure you hit every one on the correct frame is.
Rewinding or using savestates to get perfect setups and randomness is.
Measuring hidden internal values as you play is.

a tool assisted speedrun would be 'cheating' if the rules are set as 'no tool assistance allowed'. it's not cheating if the rules are set as 'tools are allowed'
if i give an open book test, is it cheating to look up an answer in the textbook? how about if it's a closed book test? if you can solve this complex riddle you might not have autism.

Which they are. The SNES console provides no means of doing these things, the game must be played without them.
When you use different hardware and software to achieve this result, you are no longer playing in the framework of the original rules, and have made your own set.
Which is fine, of course. "Cheating allowed" is a perfectly serviceable category of play.

I have some bad news for you, user.

You are not some martyr being censored, you are a shitposting getting his retardation deleted.

shitposter*

Yeah, cheating.

Reminds me of the old Pokemon Red/Blue glitch.
Its pretty much the same thing.

Not exciting tbh.

It feels like we are being raided.

user you do realize that even without emulator saves exist right?

Any discussions related to speedruns have historically been shitty here. Either a lot of anons just don't understand them or there are some dedicated shitposters out there.

I think this is literally the worst thread I've ever seen ever. I've seen reddit, I've seen facebook, I've seen things I'd rather forget, but this pure nuclear autism has topped it all.

I used to have hope for this fucking site, but you collective shitposters have obliterated whatever shred of that hope I was still hanging onto.
I hope you're happy.

What the fuck happened to this board?

This brain age TAS always makes me smile.

Looks like it says zog on the top.

This. You should see the state of Holla Forums. Is it just me, or did it all start happen at once?

Kill yourself

Have you even been to halfchan recently? You get banned for saying racial slurs among other stupid shit.

Someone wanna give me a quick rundown on the whole TAS bullshit? What does it do, and why do you or do not think it is considered cheating?

That was amazing

Be honest. How long have you been here?

It allows you to program inputs that are technically legal to make but too precise for a human to execute, resulting in some silly or cool behaviors. It's the difference between aiming a gun and computerized rocketry. It's more of an engineering challenge than a motor skill one, but people like to claim one is shit because it's like the other but not.

Enjoy them separately and for different reasons.

Holla Forums? A few months. Holla Forums? Pre-exodus, probably around January 2015. Mainly a Holla Forumsack and /fit/izen so not too familiar with every aspect of Holla Forumsidya autism.

So why do people consider it cheating if its not in some kind of competition? Is it like purism or some shit? People still use slingshots for fun, and we also use guns for fun.
What is considered cheating is when one is used against the other.

How retarded can one get?

It's really as dumb as you just highlighted. It's like they think people are entering TAS against flesh and blood speedrunners. Just ignore their autism and enjoy some of this kind of autism instead.

That's how you know they're just shitposters; anyone that pays attention to speedrunning for longer than 30 seconds knows that there is different categories for different run types.

Now lets just post some TAS

Even TASvideos differentiates boring fast TASes from ones with cleverness. The former get tossed in the "vault" category.

This video is fake as hell.

Fair enough. i was here in lateish 2014 do i get to be an oldfag now Like the other guys said, being "fair" isn't the point. You're just making cool shit happen that you couldn't do with just a human and a controller.

That's where you're wrong, kiddo. tasvideos.org/5384S.html

TAS is cheating, even if cheaters want to qualify it as acceptable because they are too shit to play optimally with their own skill.

Were you here when gamergayt was /burgersandfries/ and the hambeast was taking notes from their IRC?

TAS doesn't have anything to do with a normal speedrun, it's another thing entirely. The point is to do things no human could, not pretend you can.

I think I remember the first part, but I didn't really pay attention to gg.

I stand corrected. That's some impressive autism.

I just don't find those interesting. I like my tas runs glitch-free.
People who say tas is cheating miss the entire point of a tas run. And you don't get to be an oldfag unless you were from 4chan before it got popular, get used to it you little shit.

It isn't. The point of a TAS is inherently different from a normal speedrun. A TAS is for fun showcasing crazy shit you can do with knowledge of the game's inner workings.

nope, still not getting it

What in the fuck are you talking about?

you aint kiddin

Doesn't matter what special snowflake category cheaters want to invent as cover, cheating is still cheating.

Go bait somewhere else.

Next you will be telling me gameshark wasn't cheating. It was just "seeing what could be done with the game." That makes you not only a cheater, but a supreme faggot as well.

keep posting

Enjoying summer vacation?

I'm wondering why stuff like this tends to happen in the programming of certain games.

For instance, when you press and hold a direction, the character moves along either 1 or 2 axis of movement–a third if they're jumping(I think)–by a set amount.

How does the character go faster if you only go at a predetermined increment/decrement? Unless there's more variables to it, like momentum or the game is trying to update something but isn't being allowed to while movement is still being done?

I still have no idea what your talking about

in english, nerds

Same.

There's a difference between eating so much shit that you have to make yourself immortal and watching a robot play video games perfectly for entertainment. The fact that you can't wrap your head around this concept is baffling.

This isn't about whether or not it was programmed well. I want to know WHY it does it in the programming itself.

Well, there's velocity, facing, and collision. And tied to that is also acceleration, and event handlers to keep track of player input and execute code.

In both instances a program is being used to circumvent the usual rules of the game. Inputing faster than you can physically do so is cheating. Using turbo buttons is cheating. Using a program that hacks the game for infinite lives or any other cheat is cheating.

Gameshark and TAS both use the "it's for fun" excuse. They are both still cheating and neither are worthy of anything other than mild once off interest. The only faggots that think otherwise are those who rely on said cheating because they are otherwise too shit at the game to do it properly themselves.

Speedrunners are talented. TAS speedrunners are wannabes.

It's probably a little different for every game. But usually it's because there isn't an upper bound on speed in a situation developers overlooked. In the case of that crash video, it isn't even normally humanly possible since the inputs need to be done 60 times a second. To be honest, I don't really how it works in the crash video.

In Mario 64 on the other hand, there's a trick called "hyper speed walking". Basically, slopes that are too steep to stand on can actually be stood on if you're standing on a portion that's submerged underwater. If you try to run uphill on a submerged slope that's normally too steep to stand on, you'll run backwards at an increasing speed with no upper bound. Pannenkoek exlpains this in the famous "Watch for Rolling Rocks" video.

If you have no hard limit on velocity, things can go wrong real fast depending on the game.

Oh, that reminds me! It isn't very common for games where it's usually impossible to reverse, to have a limit on reverse velocity, that could tie into this

Go through this thread again but with this in the background

So how exactly does this work? Is the game just checking that you colored into some spots of the touch screen to understand whether or not you wrote a 1 or a 2 etc. and the TAS guy is just making fun of the fact that drawing on the touch screen is instantaneous?

I don't know the exact way that Brain Age checks what you've inputed, but yeah it's something along those lines. There's no hacking or modification of the game, it's all done with theoretically possible inputs.

Another favorite of mine.

It's to see how far the game can go
It's separate to speed running as it's what is the theoretical best time someone could do compared to speedrunning which is the fastest time someone can actually go

That's what the description of the video says.

Really are you 8 years old or what?
The only things allowed on TAS are slowdowns, pauses, rewinds and using a computer program to input a secuence of buttons.

OK this is just stupid, it's not cheating because the one playing the game is the computer.
Most TASes are created by someone using tools to make inputs and record them, then the computer plays the game according to the instructions the creator gave, so everytime you see a TAS it's usually a computer reproducing the INPUTS someone made.
I think you should reevaluate your life if this is simply a (you's) farming and if you want so much the attention maybe go to facebook and do stupid shit on a camera.

next youre going to say cheats arent cheats because they required an input to enable

For fuck's sake, they're not just casually playing some game with cheats enabled. These people usually input this shit frame-by-frame, and that can take weeks or even months of work depending on the length and complexity of the run, and then a computer plays it back in real time and that's what you're seeing in a TAS.

In a sense he's right. You are basically jailbreaking the game to run your own code, even if no human could possibly execute that TAS. However, arbitrary code execution isn't outside the realm of human players, an example being the coin case glitch in Pokémon Gold/Silver. That literally lets you construct CPU opcodes by arranging items in the PC item storage, or changing Pokémon storage box names, I've used it for such things as generating arbitrary Pokémon and items. Too bad it doesn't work in Crystal it would've been really cool to try triggering the Celebi event with.

(Jesus Codemonkey, why are embeds persistent?)

You're hurting the integrity of playing toys very fast by using tools, please cease harming our sacred hobby.

i guess the banker cabal arent cheaters because they worked so hard to put a rigged system in place

It's a thing that was invented by talentless hacks. Nobody wants to watch another TAS segment at AGDQ where we watch a computer play a video game. Programming isn't impressive.

Stop making an ass of yourself.

People crying about TAS are the same children that are too young to remember when emulation was the hot shit or was mad jelly that their single parent didn't get them a gameshark. They are the type of person to tell teacher that user brought his gameboy to school.

It's just some fag trying to become the new Henry.

You just went FULL retard.

Just like, use float. :^)

Normalfags were a mistake.

Wow

I want summer to end.

I always liked this Mega Man X3 TAS, it's pretty fun to watch. The commentary was really nice too.

TAS is only good when its entertaining. Most fall into glitch to the end and those are really no fun to watch.

They have plenty of uses outside of entertainment is why. A lot of them tell players just where the ceiling for an optimized run is or let them know if a glitch is possible to reproduce more easily.

The only ones that are autistic about TASers are non speedrunners because they both work together.

It started happening when Jim gave hotwheels free hosting. Once the cripple left, it became extremely blatant.

People just hate fun input programming when it involves their precious vidya is all. Really retarded and unusual all in all. It's like hating an automatic piano play some batshit impossible music because it's not a real person playing it.

Reminder that mods used to ban your comment if you called them faggots for the first few months of posting here. Not even just criticizing them, if you said something negative about them at all it was a ban. The only reason it was ignored was because it was actually fun to post here at the time.

Glitches in speedruns are cheating, and if you disagree you're a giant faggot.

Go back to your therapy group, computer time is over for the day

Glitches are part of a game, and if you disagree you're a giant faggot.

Yes, that thing that the creators never intended to happen is totally part of the game. I guess you think downs syndrome is totally normal and not a mistake at all.

Autism is also cheating.

Then, you could say, you've been cheating your whole life.

Look, I'm sorry you like to watch cheaters play video games. Glitches are no better than TAS. I'd even say all of speedrunning is cheating, frankly.

Stop responding you turbo autists

You know what video games are also cheating
I mean can you expect me to believe some fat fuck like Mario could jump so high without a controller?

Exactly. In fact, living is cheating. How the fuck are we all staying together and not turning into a pool of Tang?

Agreed. Video games are themselves just cheating apparati. Look at any arcade racing game. If you cant smash into othet drivers with consequence - like in real life - then its cheating. Dont get me started on shooters, total cheatfest. Only faggot cheaters play video games!

Why do people post this? Goose himself knows this isn't true. This was during the time he got cucked on his attempt for WR after over 200 hours of trying and 2 other runners nabbed it after less than 12 hours.

It's a good representation of what you're feeling when you're nearing your breaking point during any sort of grind though.

Yea but people tend to post it to shit on speedrunning when they have no clue what they're talking about. And you can feel the same way about anything. I guess I'm saying that the webm is mostly pointless. It's a good look at somebody on their last nerves though.

I think I like the other video where he's talking about really degenerate acts speedrunners did. It shows how normal speedrunners can be, as well as how shitty they can also be.

Stop speedrunning, clean your room, and sort your shit out.

Sauce?

Here.

Speedrunning is fine you turbonig. And "based" in truth is not the same thing as the truth. He's probably saying his comments are true if taken to an extreme. Which they wern't. Many people in the Elite community have high paying jobs and are perfectly fine people save Mark Rutsou and a few others. Also here's the sauce.

Stop speedrunning and do something actually useful with your life. Learn to code or play an instrument, do literally anything that's more productive than shaving off milliseconds in some game no-one gives a shit about. Find a woman and be a family man.

Hey user stop playing video games and do something productive with your life. :^)

The hell?

If you don't look directly at his avatar it looks like Sonic the Hedgehog's head and eyes facing the camera.

That "Do you know what the secret is" needs to be copy pasta'd, holy hell that is some serious autism.

Time stamp? I've watched the video twice but don't remember what you're alluding to.

27:37
I swore he started out some line talking about "knowing the secret", but this one is golden too.
I might have gotten this thread: forums.the-elite.net/index.php?topic=18653.300 which is linked in the desrciption mixed up.

Either way the bit at 27:37 is comedy gold.

Foxworth?

Oh that. Yea kek I had to skip him reading that and just read it myself. Some insane shit.

The hell?

LMFAOOOOOOO :D

It is true. I am the ultimate degenerate, but the ultimate virtuous at the same time. Such is God. The ultimate paradox. I knew you were going to track me. I am testing you, because i know that you are spiritually strong, Luke, and you are getting more ripe. I know that for a fact. I am testing if you are going to react with your mind, or respond with awareness. In other words, God is testing himself. It is all part of the eternal dance of evolution. Such prankster is God. He is the paradox. He is the one. The totality of all that which is. He is the all knowing. One consciousness experiencing itself through an infinite amount of physical life forms to express itself and learn more about itself. God is in all things, yet he remains one. God is the ultimate paradox. The unknown. The eternal present moment. Nothing and everything at the same time. The universe becoming conscious of itself. Look deep into your eyes in the mirror and pay attention, then you will see it for yourself. The pupils represents nothing. The outer color represents everything. That is your true self. Nothing and everything. You have to be nothing to be everything. If you are something, there is no room for everything. Life is like a cinema. You couldn't see the light on the screen if the room weren't dark. It is the spiritual perspective. You are the darkness that gives light a place to shine. You are looking from nothing out to everything without mental intrusions. Such is the enlightened nature. The Buddha consciousness. The mind of Christ. Whatever you want to call it. The one. Love. Pure energy. The totality of that which is. The ultimate paradox. Everything is interconnected. It is beyond words, the words are only a pointer to experience. You have to actually experience it for yourself. You become more conscious of yourself and will experience life better and better for an eternity. It never ends. You will never know it all. You can know how life works but never what it is. It is an eternal mysteriousness, an eternal dance. It is the pathless path. The goalless goal. Such is a paradox of God. The goal is NOW. The eternal present moment. You already have everything you want. You just don't know it yet. Remember when you were a child? Far more fulfilling. Just playing around without a fucking care in the world :D You didn't have goals. When you made a sandcastle, you didn't do it to "get somewhere". You did it to build the fucking sandcastle. It is the eternal godhead Jesus talked about. The eternal present moment. Jesus said, "a child will show the way to heaven". God is the alpha and omega, omnipresent. When your mind is completely open, you see God. The present moment, everything you can sense with your 5 life senses, and your senses will be infinitely more powerful. You cannot be anywhere else. It is all of your life. She is saying hiiii to me now :D (not in the way you think) Life is loving me 24/7 and i'm loving it 24/7, yet we are one and the same (paradox). I am fucking the cosmic vagina 24/7, and will forever.