Persona General: Get Smoked Edition

Discuss anything Persona related.

Romhack links for SMT and Persona 2

romhacking.net/translations/2616/

romhacking.net/translations/1249/

romhacking.net/games/2547/

Also that moron Connor is still trying his best to shill that P5's Localization is bad archive.is/Z2sr3

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.li/hPorF
archive.is/uj901
otakurepublic.com/product/product_page_1790705.html
archive.is/WD8Xc
archive.is/Izmeg
archive.is/LHlgl
spriters-resource.com/playstation_3/persona5/
personacentral.com/persona-5-hifumi-togo-main-character-other-concepts/
dictionary.com/browse/memento
youtube.com/watch?v=nMfKljfR_Cs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You forgot this OP.
CONNER STILL GETTING SMOKED

Holy shit Connor must be starting a noose right now.

Did he do one of the Fire Emblem translations, on account of entire meanings being changed and characters rewritten?

He just needs to commit sudoku now from his failed attempts.

No he did defend Fates pretty hard and then tried to shill on P5 when they couldn't control it.

The euro gamer thing linked in the OP is pretty pathetic and I think he even sent fags to shill here looking back at this archive.li/hPorF

Makoto a cute

I remember that thread. He really thought his site would take off. KEK

He tried so hard to pretend it wasn't him and does anyone have the archive of the thread when Atlus thanked us for the emails? That thread was full of his asshurt.

who gives a shit about mario kart at this point? its the same fucking game and its not even a real racing game since it punishes the better player.

aa2 cards for these when
also rollan lolis

You have to turn your thinking around to play Mario Kart. Best player does not mean player in first. It's still shit though and I hope people don't play it competitively ever

FUTABA GET

Lavenza makes me happy so this is good too.

who's the Judgement SL in P4G? i think i completely missed it. im already in november and dont know where or how to start it its not Izanami is it?

Lemme roll a tasty waifu

barf

Going for delicious untouchable cake.

Judgement is an automatic one that you dont have to worry about.

Are previous persona characters appearing in P5 just cameos and game doesn't take place in the same world?
What's with metaverse mumbo jumbo when previously characters could just fucking summon their personas right there and now?

Today I read that Final Fantasy 15 sold 6 million units. Weren't we joking how it will likely be a total financial failure? This is bad news, right

They hasn't been happening for almost 3 games now.

Makoto get

What a shame, I would have loved to have her on the team. Best waifu. Honestly, the entire cast of P5 is extremely solid. And everything from the combat to the music is spot on. I can't remember the last time I had so much fun with a game.

Friendly Reminder DDS and SMT mainline are the superior franchises.

It's pretty clear that's the truth, but you gotta give credit where credit is due. I was hoping for P5 that Nyarly would show up, but Demiurge is pretty cool too in my book. Thank fuck they brought back demon negotiations, even if they're far simpler.

Ehhhhhhhhhh, I wouldn't say he's a gary stu he just has a pitiful amount of choices, literally there are five endings and in order to get three of them he just needs to say yes to a yes or no question, for other two say no to all, and for the last one he had to climb into the pits of hell. It's never implied that everything the MC does is perfect and but he does power scale out of control I will give you that.

Lol

in P4 you go to Gekkoukan high for a cultural school trip, the only brief cameo is Chihiko (the librarian girl) from P3 who talks about her speech being written by her ex-sempai (referring to Mitsuru i believe)

in P5 there is a small P4 cameo in the form of Risette posters all over the subway. so apparently she became a pop idol between 2012 and 2016XX, but its irrelevant to the plot of P5.

it really makes you think about the similarities between the metaverse and the TV world. they're both accessed through commonly used technological devices, they both take shape according to the cognition of the public, and both create "palaces" out of people with strong ideas.

the only difference is that the metaverse seems to be a universe parallel to the real world (every single part of the real world has a metaverse counterpart, as perceived by the people), while the TV world is actually a perpendicular universe, when someone has very strong emotions, a palace/dungeon is created in the image of their repressed thoughts, and once they're thrown inside it materializes over there and the space it takes pushes the Fog that was occupying that space into the real world.

…he says, while posting the mc of the shittiest sound and art design of the series, a game where you have to deal with japanese expressionist bullshit and non-music for 40 of the 60 gameplay hours.

what?
The OST for nocturne was great, aside the lyrics in some tunes. Still great nevertheless.

Personafag, at least learn to bend the knee to mainline, which is objectively better.

Also forgot

How shit must you tastes be? The demon models in Nocturne were excellent.

It's all just shitty writing tbh.

are Amp and Boost skills stackable in P4G?

>ywn restore her smile with headpats and pancakes

Yes

A RIVER IN A DRY LAND

>You will never assure her that her life has meaning by confessing your love to her
>You will never marry her and years down the line have her talk about how you saved her from the darkest days of her life
Why live?

Both are shitty Nipponese mental masturbation.
One is just trash for low brow weebs, while the other is trash for pseudo intellectual weeaboos

>You will never Teaching Feeling Shiho

Ch-Cheer up, anons! At least we h-have Ann!
I really seriously wish Shiho was an option and confidant at least. She had an amazing potential for S.Link story.

Rollin' till I get a 5,7 or 9. Still undecided on new game +

reroll

THE

BEST

This is fine.
West was never supposed to be on top.
It's just a return to the 90s.

SO WE ROLL THE DICE

This chart is fucking trash.

…and we get smoked. I have the most rotten luck on these things.
One re-roll to challenge fate.

Get your ass back in the closet, Kenneth.

MAKOTO IS 2 PURE
FUTABA IS 4 FAGGOTS
SADAYO IS LUCKY 7
ANNE IS NUMBER 1
DONT H8 ON OHYA SHES JUST CAKE CHIE
HIFUMI KNOWS WHO DID 9-11
LAVENZA HAS ZERO CHANCE
LOLI RAVIOLI IS DOUBLE THE PUSSY
and lastly
SAE IS TRIPLE THE AGE, TRIPLE THE PLEASURE

I'll rather get in yours, hahahahaha!~~

LISTEN HERE YOU LITTLE SHIT
No she's Maya

Sae is 24 you dingus. Not a cake yet, but nearly there . . .

Also I wish Crimson would allow you to romance her through her visits to Le Blanc after Futabas shenanigans. Extra points if they allow Niijima sandwich.

I would have made shiho the moon confidant, how hard can it be to run a damn website from an hospital?

That you Ken? archive.is/uj901

Come on now.

otakurepublic.com/product/product_page_1790705.html
Should I buy it?

(checked)
Step up, Phantom Thieves.

I know that feel

I would have preferred her to be that confidant rather than worst boy.

You damn right she is

Muh niggah

Agreed on all fronts (especially regarding Hifumi). Despite Hifumi not being a main playable character, they did a really good job with her confidant line. Perhaps if they do a Crimson (or whatever they call it) version, they'll find a way to make her a playable character, but who's to say. So glad I went with her

>I can't remember the last time I had so much fun with a game.
I have to admit, it's been a long while since a game kept me playing it without switching to another game in my backlog and be really fun.

This would've been so much better as a confidant line compared to what Ann's is. I feel like I forced myself to go through Ann's line because after Madarame (or even during it), she starts proving the stereotype of being a ditzy blond model that undermines the bro character (sometimes even the male characters in general) and loses what made her interesting in the beginning (by proving said stereotypes wrong at first). Maybe I'm just annoyed how much attention she gets in the cutscenes and game compared to other female characters. Still, her line and character isn't as bad as Ohya's.

Last quote was meant for

What's the newest one I can play on a PS4 or PC? Not getting a handheld just for JRPG.

Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne for the PS2

pretty sure digital devil saga came later than nocturne

I thought we were only referencing Main games, if we're going with sides, Devil Summoner would probably be better than DDS

I-It still hurts

I think I may have played some of that on an emulator years ago. I vaguely remember an early dungeon that was some kind of pipe with ankle deep water…or someting.

Also Digital Devil Saga feels much more obtuse if the person coming has played Persona, the weakness system is strange to pick up. For a good generic starter Shin Megami Tensei game something like Nocturne is better as it started everything.

Well, there was this early area where you're in pipes and everything's red. But it only lasted like 2 minutes.

Or, you know, the entire fucking labyrinth of amala.

That's probably it. I didn't make it very far. Everything else I remember is too general to be useful; walking around in a city, healing myself with a Pixie, returning to this…parking lot area or something trying to unlock a garage door. It's been a long time, but I am pretty sure I liked it.

Labyrinth is heavily grid-based and square except for the doors, and there is no point in it period where you are ankle deep in water. The only area I distinctly remember wading through water in was the very first time you wake up as a Demon and Lucife throws you in in this weird area.

The Space Marine is the best MC

Yeah that's not labyrinth of Amala you can't get in until after the Matador fight in Underpass.
That's the first dungeon of Nocturne, it's a required story event for the pixie recruitment. Don't ever remove her from your party if you plan to get to the bottom of the optional labyrinth

I may have been making up the water. The red pipes the other guy talks about sounds familiar.

Do you think that the rerelease of P5 will have an event that takes place after the end like golden did?

Yeah there is, last floor, right before the end. It's the same hallway you get warped to at the very beginning of the game.

If it does, I hope it's tied to the already existing cast.

There we go, he saw the very first area of the game not the very last one. I forgot that section was in the very bottom after those damn doors requiring specific demons.

Hopefully they don't create a character who is as bad as Marie

Most underrated cake.

Those sound familiar. Might as well drop the rest…
I'll admit I was reluctant to turn her down but I'm already glazing Kawakami.

When you learned that Igor was jewish? I mean, he's even a part of jewish cabal and shit. Fools nip goyim into believing him to do the job for him, calming down powerful demons for his own collection. Pure solomonic moshe.

But he never kvetches.

He can't be jewish if he isn't a person.

Fuck you got me

good one user

give me a qt

He's probably thinking of this part from the very beginning. All this talk of Nocturne made me restart.

I'm not an expert but I'm pretty sure that's forbidden

No, it's fine. They're forbidden necromancy, other types of divination are fine, as long as they don't try to coerce God.

Yeah that's the part I was referencing here

Also here's the links OP
Sorry for being this late.
archive.is/WD8Xc

And links to the sales
archive.is/Izmeg
archive.is/LHlgl

Did any of you buy the jewish DLC personas? And if so, are they as OP as I imagine they are?

Thanks

You're welcome.
Now have a Makoto butt.

So far I have taken 300 pictures using my shitty camera

The shiny red makes it all the more succulent. Shame she only has such in that suit and in the bikini she suddenly has a concave ass.

I wish Ann had more to her character than just "pretty ditzy/innocent/naive virgin" because there is no excuse for such a visually attractve character to be so BORING

Who is this boner donor?
IS ADULT MITSURU IN THIS GAME?

Just some NPC

oh god more

his question didn't state which "mainline" SMT or which "easier to understand" SMT, he asked dates, and IIRC digital devil saga was the last non-persona SMT game to come on PS2

NPC from the shipalace

Roille

rolling.

Well the problem already got solved as he really enjoyed Nocturne for the 10 minutes he played it so my suggestion is correct. And if we're being pedantic the question was.
In response to the last post saying
Which means our options were Nocturne or Digital Devil saga.
Also, if we are again, being pedantic the last Shin Megami Tensei game to be released on the PS2 was Devil Summoner with Raidou you fucking pleb.

A vote for Shidou Masayoshi is a vote for boats n' hoes!

More morgana getting cucked I like to self insert as him when these kinds of things are made

I've never played a persona game and barely know anything about the series. Did I roll a good girl?

how do i complete the last Fox request? i see the old fisherman in the river with the icon but he doesn't talk about it whatsoever.

There was some bullshit you had to do to get it to work but i cant remember. Maybe you have to fish on a rainy day.

Then he makes Holla Forums suck his cock, forces him to swallow with the barrel in his head and they cuddle together lovingly for the rest of the night

Kill yourself you prancing la-la homo man

Only by choking on your veiny cock.

Man stop pretending to be gay, that's disrespectful to all the good work AIDS has done.

I can't be the only one who couldn't stop thinking about the Crimson Permanent Assurance once I found out that Shido's palace was a boat sailing through a city.

I'm not. When people tell me to kms, I'd honestly agree by sexual intercouse. No other way I'm doing it.

am i supposed to find another type of bait?

because the only 4 types of bait i have are the bread crumbs and the 3 types of bugs which i religiously catch every day

There was some kind of bug that was hard to get. I think it could have been bought on the sunday tv channel, but you're past that point. It might be best to look at a guidr for this one. The fox was bullshit to complete.

well i bit the bullet and startpaged it.

its actually pretty easy and i can complete it the next rainy day

during naoto SL someone breaks into her estate and steals her shit, then sends her a card signed "The Phantom Thief"

I WONDER WHO COULD IT BE

Savage

Naoto is best Persona (in 4)

waifushit aside, seriously.

-she has a total of 4 elements to abuse weaknesses, Agi, Garu, hama, and Mudo, with corresponding boost skills for Hama and Mudo.
-she starts out with Megidola, a spell nobody else has and which is crucial when hunting gold hands, since after the Game world, having megidolaon on the protagonist just doesn't cut it against the ever stronger gold hands
-she learns Mind Charge. as if megidola wasn't strong enough, how about making it hit 2.5x times the regular damage?
-she literally has NO WEAKNESS. nothing short of a critical hit can topple her

She's shit against Bosses though.

oh i see now.

i was looking at the Fox guide for P4, not P4G which changed shit up to make it harder. you gotta ride the scooter several times to get beach access and fish there

oh, i forgot

-she learns Tetrakarn & Makarakarn

so there. she's the most OP of the whole team

You are in for an eyeful when you get it, it's near the end game and that one costume shop sells it, its particular to her only.

Still not that great. Others have the same skills

why put 3 party members in your team to have the skills naoto has when naoto has them and just takes 1 party slot?

besides no weakness. everyone else can get hit by the weakness and give the enemy 1 more turn, but not naoto.

i'll prepare my dicc

Awesome

Her attacks besides the megidola aren't that great. The MC takes her place easily for that.

Bro-team is best compostion. Yosuke + teddie + kanji. Yosuke with masukukaja, teddie with marakukaja, and kanji with matarukaja. Combine that with trumpeter with megidolaon and debilitate and you can kill pretty much every group of shadows in one turn.

im using teddie, kanji, and naoto

i like to keep auto-ma* on protag, so im pretty much set. i don't even have to waste SP on buffing because i get them all automatically for equipping the Auto-Ma* ones. as far as regular battles are concerned.

as for bosses, kanji has masukunda, and teddie or Kuma has mataru and maraku

Just get that one skill that regenerates 8% sp after battle.

already have it.

i keep a shitty persona that i don't really use in battle with the 3 auto-ma* buffs, and equip it before engaging a gold hand enemy (or a red enemy, if i need to). but then i have another persona with high MA that needs to have megidolaon and cool breeze to cover the SP cost of it.

pretty much broke the game at this point. all thats left is to grind it out. and im not even in december yet

P4g was way too easy to break. but pretty much all the smt games are easy to break.

oh my god naoto learns Heat Riser too? she's the most OP party member jesus christ

You havent even seen naoto in persona q. Give her that one card that boosts hama and mudo rates and you kill everything in 1 turn. You seriously just win the game when naoto gets mahama and mamudo.

She's good for mobs but even then, I fused a White Rider with Mamudoon, Mahamaon, Boosts and Spell Master, rendering her almost obsolete.

Seconding this. But for group kills, I just use Alice or Daisoujou; my Alice in particular has Spell Master and Null Physical which, coupled with Rise's regen abilities makes most fights take almost no resources.

What? I didn't bothered with Apo after how much IV sucked

Haha, pretty good, user.

Yeah, that's it.

Everyone should take the time to remind him of his hypocrisy.

I dont think he will even think about it.

He'll block you most likely.

Alright faggots.
Post your favorite OST music.

can you just break relationships in golden like you did in regular 4 where you fucked every girl?

You can, but then Valentine's Day comes along.

P5's OST is fucking incredible. I'm glad they didn't use Lotus Juice again. Last Surprise is constantly on repeat, but Rivers in a Desert is growing on me by the minute. It's difficult to pick out a favourite dungeon or city BGM too.

Rivers in the Desert is a great workout song too. COGNITIVE SCIENCES SON.

I'd love to see some numbers on how many people outside Japan play the game with JPN audio. That could be very interesting.

There's always talk about how much it costs to dub a game and how non English VA games don't sell and how expensive it is to use the original cast. And yet in all the years I've rarely seen a real analysis.

Rolling

Love the chill in this one.

Sure it was in the 19th century when Japanese and Western experts came together to figure it out once and for all. Took decades.

Since then translators stand on the shoulders of giants. Just follow the rules. Japanese is a human language and can thus be translated into any other human language including English.

That's actually not a bad idea, user.

This one is also chill, in a sort of sinister fashion.

fucking game didn't let me fuck naotos crossdressing ass

Connor is a retard

jesus christ another "alternate tarot" arcana, fucking hunger.

when is the happy squirrel appearing?

So let me get this straight. Maya didn't die as a kid in IS's backstory, but retroactively magically sort-of-died due to the rumors, then did die when Maia stabbed her, then un-died when the timeline split, then got thrown into the TV by Adachi, died again, somehow came back and is now investigating Madarame? How many lives does this woman have?

Where was it stated that Maya was involved with Adachi and Madarame? I never knew that, thought she just remained kind of forgotten about like the rest of the cast of Persona 1 and 2.

Maya is Mayumi Yamano AND the reporter chick from P5

>Akechi walks by and says "did I hear something about pancakes?"
>Fucker can understand Morgana, can't he?
>Fucker is that guy in the black mask mentioned in Madarame's palace, isn't he?
>Fucker is going to join my team and be the one to betray me, getting me caught by the cops like in the opening, isn't he?

I'm mad. I see it coming a mile away and I'm still going to be forced to walk into this blatant trap

You posted best palace song

HAH

Wrong.

You'll never see it coming. No, really.

P5 followed the P4 formula, but they filled it with 500% more STYLE™

Akechi stays forever in your party. he's the FF4 Kain of Persona 5.

Tales of is the poor man's tales of. It's an awful fucking series. At least Raidou has a great setting, soundtrack and great character designs. Tales is the most disposaboo of disposaboo games.

The gameplay of the tales of games is indisputably better than Raidou 1 and 2, and gameplay is core and a priority over other aspects. Not like tales doesn't have good music or setting. Their main issue is their story and enemy design.

Vesperia, Symphonia, Abyss, and Berseria shit all over Raidou 1 and 2 user. And I LOVE raidou. The games' gameplay is unpolished.

Fucking wrong. The fact that, say, tales of the abyss might have a more responsive battle system doesn't make up for the awfulness of the writing, music, dungeon and environmental design. They are nip shovelware.

Now I know you're baiting, because Tales of games by team symphonia have superb environmental design. A lot of detail inside houses, and the music is also great for symphonia and abyss. Same with music.
Random battle encounters is also a minus while tales of does not have that in Abyss.
Also stating that you're a storyfag over gameplay is a testament you either have your priorities wrong or you're pretending to be retarded.
This is the last (you) you get from me if you're gonna spout stupid shit without examples or source.

Every dungeon is a flat, interactivity free maze.
If a game has a good battle system but nothing else, and you spend only half of the game in battles, it's a shit game.

By your logic, Nocturne and DDS are shit games

Nocturne has great dungeons (from a design and internactivity standpoint), a great battle system, great aesthetics and above average music and a fucking awesome story. DDS has all of that but worse dungeons, a lamer character progression system (in the first game at least) and a story that is still good but not even comparable because of genre to nocturne.

Meanwhile, every tales game is by the numbers trash.

I understand your opinion, and I see the flaw you mention in the tales of games, that their dungeons are no so intrinsic as other games.
Nevertheless, the point still stands that Tales of games have a superior combat system/gameplay than Raidou.
Moreover your statement saying that if you have good battle system and nothing else depends on the case scenario. If the game has a 10/10 gameplay im willing to forgive a not-so-great story if the game is really enjoyable.

Vesperia, Abyss and Symphonia are worth playing, the latter slightly outdated but still worth a playthrough. I believe you're extrapolating and being too fickle about dungeon design. Symphonia has an adequate dungeon design, each with good atmosphere and a good soundtrack. Same with abyss. Substance is present in the gameplay and although outside of it is a little less, they're still passable, and that alone allows you to enjoy the gameplay with a decent side of story in your meal.

Tales of Games are better at action JRPG than Raidou, because Raidou's main protein in the meal is lacking. No matter how much dressing you throw on it, the meat is smaller. Again, I love raidou, its OST and its setting, but the main gameplay is not polished to say the least.

I don't think this is arguable, as that is the primary focus of the series as a whole, in my view. They should really use it to make sort sort of competitive/cooperative action RPG using it rather than hampering it with the standard JRPG frame which is not necessary for the mechanics.

*as in possible to argue with

lucky fuck

Yes.
Life Will Change is also pretty good when you're hitting the treadmill and need a little boost for those last 5m or so.

Best girl with best song

A small little detail people may not have known. In shibuya station there is a statue of a dog that is also in the real shibuya station. Its a Japanese breed known as the Akita. That dog named Hachi used to wait for his owner to get back from work at the station but one day the owner died but Hachi still continued to wait for him and stayed there for 10 years waiting untill he died

See the connect?

He's a politician?

Better be playable in P5A. Don't fuck this up, Atlus.

Is that the same dog the book that boosts kindness is about? Haven't noticed the statue but I'll keep my eyes peeled next time I'm in the area (quick travel has the unfortunate side effect of leaving some details unnoticed).

Yakuza. Seemed like lower mid-tier in the organization.

WEW master of the obvious

I'd say lower, because wasn't his money fake just to make look tough?

Weeb cancer.

F
to much ryuji bullying

Goyim

He does have underlings who they take his threats seriously and has a bitch to burn money on. And the police can't get him because he never gets his hands dirty.
That said, from the way he acts during the fight, it seems he can't afford one fuck up.

It's odd because I've seen a couple of way less popular games get jap audio with the same English subtitles. Valkyria Chronicles and Odin Sphere are examples of that. I mean it seems to me that it costs more time and money to hire new VA's and translators and make the game audio/substitles/text completely in English. Seems cheaper if they would just have translators just get the text/subtitles down and release the game that way but it might definitely turn off the n.ormies.

I got that feeling.
He seems to hide behind his lackeys and lets them do all the work while he sits back and acts like a greedy jew.
Also

God bless the latex fetishism.

Dogs are better than women. Every woman is pissed off if you're 5 minutes too late let alone 10 years.

God bless those digits.

P4Dancing is stupid and an auditory travesty, but it was nice to see Best Girl in HD.
Shame they shrank her bust for the game, though. She's about as fit as the other girls but in the game she was bar-none the most top-heavy.

Never played Persona 5, but can anyone explain me why are there people jumping into the cat's prolapsed anus?

Cannot unsee.

Full set is ripped.

spriters-resource.com/playstation_3/persona5/

tfw no option to save Akechi from getting smoked by his own cognitive self

HA

I still remember the days when I'd argue with other anons that Naoto was confirmed to be married in the Epilogue and it was to the protag

Man those were ridiculous days. Look back, I feel so stupid that I had to state the obvious

Glad I'm not the only one that thought that when he saw that clip.

But being able to save him cheapens the sacrifice and the promise he makes for the thieves.

I get the feeling if she was, she'd have the rin oin her finger as opposed to a necklace. But whatevs, it's your waifu, fam.

Fixed also KEK.

Except the protag had an unspoken obsession with keeping all of his romances a secret, remember? Naoto even apologizes for going semi-public during that Golden valentines scene by openly requesting you go see her. It's almost depressing seeing how embarrassed and ashamed she is for expressing even that much in the open.

Bancho-sama-sensei-senpai-coon-san probably just told her to take it off when they met again and pretend like everything's normal, but the blueberry did what young women typically do and only half-listened by taking it off yet keeping it on her necklace.

Or maybe it was Bancho-sama-sensei-senpai-oniichan's secret kink; right there in front of everyone, including Kanji, was Naoto flaunting his claim over her.
Probably not, though. Still, it doesn't explain the ring any other way. Why even have a ring on a necklace?

Because jewelry. It's not a super rare kind of necklace.

eeehhh, I kinda doubt it. girls wearing assorted jewlery isn't uncommon, and I think they would have had a stronger implication like a line of text, a cutscene or suchlike.

This damn game doesnt fuck around, should I have waited a few days before going against that shit?

Keep playing, all will make sense.

Confirmed!

i dont want to cuck kanji, that just ain't cool

Agreed. That shit's evil.
Also, don't know if P4G changed anything, but romancing her felt pretty odd; you do the little Phantom Thief challenges then at rank 10 it's like "so…you wanna make out?". Chie's was similar in that aspect. Like them or not, Rise and Yukiko's S-Links had some hints of romance about them.

i didnt get the option to romance her…

Show me an example of a woman - any woman - wearing a plain ring on a plain necklace which doesn't have significance to them. They do this with even religious symbolism but never plain things. Only time they wear plain things is when those plain jewelry things are personally significant to them, meaning they are given by someone important to them.

You can't get stronger than that one line in the end or else why even bother having romance interests?
To be fair, it felt like P4's signature love interest (like Maya for P2, Ann for P5, etc.) went down the P3 route, where it was originally Larry/Yukari but somewhere along the line the writer forgot and made the more interesting Aigis/Naoto the signature love interest. You can even find a promotional pic where Larry and Naoto stand back-to-back. Consider also how heavily the game pushes you towards Yukari in the beginning, but then how things rather lean towards Naoto in the end up until that final line before you depart. It's really out of nowhere if you did not romance her.

Ann is clearly the signature girl for P5 (although Sadayo is superior and even Nips think so). I expected Makoto to have that second-half twist but aside from one saving gesture during the Sphinx fight she never makes it. This will probably change with P5:Crimson.

Yes, obviously there is a perpetual push for her once she was added because Atlus realized too late that the real lore story of P4 - Izanagi vs Izanami - was utterly glossed over and never delved into in vanilla. And we all liked Atlus's Lightning, didn't we?

too old

Did you select the choices right?
On her 6 rank you have to choose "i'm glad you're a girl." you don't get any points but it raises a flag to romance her in rank 8. Then you choose "Protect Naoto" in rank 8 to raise another flag.

probably didn't

oh well, its better this way, again, i dont want to cuck kanji, or anyone really except kuma, fuck kuma

Kanji is the best Persona bro (outside of the great duo in P2:EP) but even so you can't expect a man of taste to deny 2nd Best Girl of the entire game. It's not fair.
Cucking Mona is fun but I try to block it out of my mind in P4. Kanji's willful ignorance hurts, too, since you know that he knows but plays dumb because you're his best friend and he doesn't want to make things awkward.

What? Naoto's S.Link was the only one which felt human despite the obvious fake case. Fun fact: every single character talks at you the entire game and only TWO characters want to know about you personally. Only two. Only two characters in all of P4 actually ask you questions about you and want to listen to you speak about yourself. Know who they are?
Nanako and Naoto. Everyone else just talks and talks. No one else actually ask you things like "I'd like to know what you were like as a child" (Naoto) or "Are you and only child?" (Nanako). I bet no one - and I mean no one at all - in the main cast (Dojima aside) would even know anything substantial about you.

Naoto's romance felt the most organic because she not only cared about you as more than a giant ear and shoulder but also has a great theme to it. Naoto voices her displeasure about receiving love letters when her admirers know nothing about her. She hates that empty infatuation. Throughout the S.Link you learn more about her as a person and what her life was like as well as who she used to be. You learn about her and she, in turn, wants to learn about you.

When you move to protect her with your life, she's beside herself, and when you confess your feelings she stalls and runs away.
Sadayo's hesitation reminded me a lot of Naoto, in fact.

Anyway, when she returns you then go over the last PT letter which essentially quizzes you on what you've learned and when she sees how you've paid attention it makes your confession much more meaningful to her than those empty love letters. That's quite a contrast in relationship, man.

Kanji's S.Link was very similar, in fact, but again despite learning more about him as a person he never actually inquires about you as a person. Only Nanako and Naoto care about you.
And Dojima. Always Dojima.
And Adachi

Makoto seems to get more scenes with MC than Ann does. Also she's one of the first to find out that MC got turned in to authorities after beating Yaldabaoth. But i don't know, thats just what i think.

I forgot to mention MC was originally suppose to live with the Niijima before scrapping it to Sojiro, even though it was scrapped, some elements stayed on the game

WHY WOULD THEY SCRAP THIS? THIS WOULD HAVE MADE SO MUCH MORE SENSE AND WOULD HAVE BEEN FAR MORE INTERESTING! HOW COULD THEY DROP THIS?

Will I get some cake?

i dont want to cuck him but that doesn't mean i think he's best bro.

Well in Persona 5 they talk about Naoto on the tv and they mentioned a silver haired helper, so your theory might have some credence to it.

I don't know user, it would have been interesting too.
Also here's the link for these claims, we all know about Hifumi but i don't know if many anons here knew about MC originally living with the Niijimas
personacentral.com/persona-5-hifumi-togo-main-character-other-concepts/

You also have to say you like her voice being a higher pitched if you want the school outfit in golden, I learned that the hard way.

>you could have had a confidant link with actually character development with Sae

Really? I never paid attention to that. Might have a look next time.

Yep, they namedrop Yukari to.

Wait, really? I going to find that on my next playthrough

It was also in Vanilla P4, just Golden added more audio dialogue.

Also give her a headpet while she's sad.
And fug in her room
S-Stop user
I-I said s-stop
I don't want this feel anymore

Also mentions Rise having more sex appeal in her latest album.

these fucking games man

Is this your first purseowner or fatlus rpg?

no. but i still find it funny.

actually im playing p4g

Christmas is ruined, fuck.

yaldabaoth was the grinch all along

rollan

Just started playing the game a few days ago. One question, was the fast warp between safe points added in a patch? Or is fast travel not accessible on harder difficulties other then normal? Because I can't understand the point of the shortcuts in the dungeon otherwise.

Also its damn cool to see so many throwbacks to Shin Megami Tensei. Just beat that game last week and I am digging the fact that this new game is starting to get back to the roots of the series.

that's not wrong but also partly bullshit because you can just as easily side with YHWH and clearly that is the objectively righteous choice. Only a jew would assume otherwise.
YHWH did nothing wrong tbh fam :^)

Gotta like Mark but man that is one astonishingly Jewish picture of him.

Also

That design and the final boss theme are disappointing as fuck.

They should have saved Rivers for it and not used it for Shido. Instrumental version for the Grail, lyrics for final form.

You gon get your ass smiten, boy.

Oh that's a different story, then.

NuAtlus is as inept with Gnosticism as it is obsessed with it. It's infuriating how stupid and willfully, woefully ignorant they are of the very thing they keep tainting new SMT titles with.

For all the slinging against P4 (and it deserves it) at least Izanami was a proper deity fight. Look at that giant abject horror!
…Until P4G's Marie, which turns one of the two Original Deities, the strongest beings in all of P4's lore, into just some aspect of the goddess. Meh.

Mate I've got Jesus. I'm not misusing anything anyhow. YHWH doesn't appear in P5. That's the Demiurge. You are using Satanael to kill the Demiurge to save Christmas.
Course this doesn't remotely make sense considering the nature of the Demiurge is more akin to the stuff you'd find in Digital Devil Saga, but we aren't really shooting the Demiurge but rather a counterfeit conjured by the willful stupidity of the masses' mass unconciousness.
It's extra ridiculous but considering these Nips know nothing about Gnosticism it's for the best.

actually, the amount of similarities between 4 and 5 almost make they look like the same base game, except that 5 is a lot more polished.

p5c is going to be a blast

can someone with Shoopadyne edit this to be Trumpeter?

You can do it, believe in yourself!

I found it funny how the entire events of deep Mementos, the Holy Grail, Fake Igor reveal, real Igor reveal, Lavenza, the final boss, and the decison to turn yourself in were all on Christmas Eve "After School" and you still had time to spend with your waifu. Just casually saved the world and you still make time for her.

yeah but the rest of the year? you can't even offer a prayer at the shrine without 6 FUCKING HOURS PASSING BY

Forgot my closing spoiler tag the first time.

oh shit I never realized that it wasn't YAHWEH but rather Yehowah in SMT. Still nobody answered my questions about the shortcuts. Why have shortcuts when you can fast travel?

and P4 was very similar to P3 but more polished *
polish is code for easier :^)

thats not what i meant. p4 is "easier" because they gave you control over the rest of your party. put everyone on automatic modes and see what happens.

I thought it was that bullet that Kanji used to wear around his neck, I was pretty pissed about it actually.

>next turn he dies, but not really
Fug

w.w.w.why have shortcuts in _5 when you can fast travel??????

I didn't mean to mean that is what you meant. I meant that it is what I mean when I say polished. Know what i mean?

I love that Chie pic.

I LOVE YOU user

Thanks, Chie.

I have a theory that in early development they were going to disable fast travel when stealing the treasure, but they added it in later. it would have been hype as fuck to have to sneak through the entire dungeon on the final day, and maybe have a miniboss too.

even if they did that, you could just make a couple of smokebombs before the night of the heist and rush the treasure. it would be nothing but a pointless annoyance to the player.

One thing I never thought was well designed in Persona games was the Pop quiz questions. Its fine that they double as the midterm questions but their is not other in game way to find the answers so its forces you to relay on google to make sure they are correct. On top of that in at least P3 and P4 sometimes the answers where oddly worded in the translation so you could end up potently getting them wrong even if you knew the subject before hand.

and how would this work if you can't use the save rooms or recover SP? remember, there is no way to recover SP in P5 other than consumable items and Invigorate 1/2/3 skill.

then it becomes a chore. if you're gonna do that might as well just leave the game as it currently is.
and there's also the SP problem, you can't heal it even with safe room access.
if the miniboss is strong you'll waste your SP and won't be able to hold against the boss.
if the miniboss is too weak then whats the point of having a miniboss? and if there is no point in having a miniboss, people will just SmokeBomb through, and if thats the case just leave the fast travel on.

and that fam is why the minibosses appear during exploration and not on heist day.

Does she really do that?

I have never laughed so hard in my life

I warned you

Got hit in the feels with futaba, hifumi and haru dialog

huh?

whats going on in this scene?

Game lets you friendzone or romace the girls, if you romance all the girls, later on in san valentines you can only pick one and impregnate her, but the other girls will find out the next day and kick your ass.

Im just joking, user

Oh, thought it would've been cool kinda. Be a moral dude on true love, or go manslut for the power.

Jesus MOTHERFUCKING christ Atlus these subs are lazy. Luckily I've watched enough anime to get the gist but in my country if a tv channel doesn't sub half the show due to "technical difficulties" they apologize.

Who the fuck worked on this TL?

back to kotaco rusemen

To be fair, P5 was shaky a bit at first. Maybe he hasn't past the first palace.

What? I'm just pissed at this poor job that I payed 59.99 for. Have you even played the game with JPN audio? If Crunchyroll or Netflix pulled this shit they'd be raped on forums. It's why fansubs exist.

It's strange there's so little outcry.

The game is still great though. Just wish Nipponese were fluent in English and were capable of doing their translations in-house. They could have written the script in two languages from day one.

filtered

huuuh… what?

They are truly princes.

Does my mom's chocolate count?

Yeah, not going to happen, sojiro made more sense

And im done, couldnt finish yuseke, gaymerboy and /k/ confidants.

kinda hard to finish all SLs when you have to SLEEP

They likely realized the situation was too similar to the one in P4 and the MC being present would kill most of the tension between the sisters.
Would also be kinda awkward to have Sae come home earlier and you're doing Makoto in the ass on top of the dinner table.

Most awakened Personae suck fat donkey dick. I don't think there's one I could say looks better than the starting one. Yusuke got Nameless King though.

Haru persona looked nice, ann and morgana wasnt that bad

god damnit those people are retarded I hope they die painfully in a fire

hownew.ru

At this rate, I probably can't max Haru or Futaba. November just started and my kindness and proficieny are both at 3. Well, I might be able to squeeze in a max Futaba. I guess I'll focus on boosting stats and doing a max SL run on new game plus. There's another 100 hours I'll have to dedicate to P5.

You say it like its a bad thing.

civ games are shit

You fucked up

I know. At least I got Ann, Makoto, Hifumi and Kawakami. I can probably do the Velvet Room lolis too since they're just fusing shit.

Haven't played one tbh

Without Spoilers, things that I did that was able to get all characters max confidants.

>and when I say through money, I mean they are MAKING IT FUCKING RAIN

why do retards keep calling it mOmentos, its MEMENTOS with two E's
dictionary.com/browse/memento

Yes because it makes more sense for parents to give their son over to some random guy who owns the cafe they frequent rather than to a co-worker they trust.

One of them is an adult and the other is older than him. Also, he's booked for battery/assault on a man, not rape.
Prosecutor. Not a detective.
He's not remotely a low life. Did you even play the game? He's charged with punching a guy who was arguing with a woman (Sojiro mentions this when you first meet him). That's also the only crime on his record.
This is the one point you make that is interesting considering Sae's view of Makoto and her grades, however it still would have been much better than living in a cuck's attic. Might as well have him living in a guest room in the back or something, considering you're not even really living with Sojiro and Futaba. If that's the case then you easily could swap out the cafe attic for their house attic or something.

Besides, everything from the character designs to the flow of the story makes it painfully obvious they wanted older characters, maybe college aged, but went back to high school for mega-bucks.

The whole game was obviously trying to be an inverted P2 while aping key notes from P4. It's embarrassing.
It didn't kill the tension of a neglectful (and sometimes upset or drunk) father and his daughter in P4. The Dojima's place was plenty tense even with the protag around. There's no reason to believe Nijima's place would be different. But I think you're right in that it would be very obvious they were going for a P4 recap in the setting so they instead went with Sojiro (dad) and Futaba (daughter) whose mother (and Sojiro's crush) was murdered by throwing herself into a CAR ACCIDENT
COME ON ATLUS

YOU LAZY HACKS

THAT'S THE BEST PART

Astarte and Hecate aren't bad but I much prefer Carmen and Milady tips to them. Morgana's is very similar to one from P3 (Junpei's IIRC).

And no one had dinner that night. 'cept Makoto who had salami.

Well Persona General its that time where predictions on Persona 5 Crimson are had.
Now to what Holla Forums will wish to be in P5 Crimson
>Romance with Lavenza
>Adachi cameo boss fight
Anything to add?

And glazed cinnamon buns.

Some time management concessions like being able to drop a DVD while gathering intel, read a book while doing the laundry and, at least, be able to do a attribute boosting activity in those "on-rail" weeks where you do nothing but have short meetings.
A option to keep the dungeon tune playing during battle; ideally have a jukebox that lets you cycle battle tunes.
A option to let a party Persona have the starting appearance after it awakens.

IMO the biggest problem with the game right now is that it makes the player a spectator for long periods of time. Not as bad as P4 that took about 5h until you could actually play the game though.

Sae knows MC parents?
Thats more than enough to get alienated by society, hell even having shitty parents makes everyone hate you /k/ confidant
delinquents need to start somewhere

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Maybe her face looks exactly the same under the mask. :^)

Harem ending dlc for $100 shekels
Also I wish the dungeons were bigger longer, I spent more time in the real world walking, than fighting monsters, but I guess the game forces you to finish the palaces as soon as possible.
Delete this!
How about adding fucking subtitles when someone talks and when the reporters talks in the movie sequences

Or spend time in the morning drinking coffee together

wow holly shit you are genuenly autistic.

But you have that Operation Maidwatch mission with Ryuji where the implication is you help show him how to get pussy.

And he pussies out.
There's a part where you go with him to Shinjuku and a guy promoting a hostess bar walks up to them. Chose "Tell me more." and Ryuji's all "I bet you like kissing girls, fag."

Don't make it any worse, user…

I-It just hurts user.
You'll never meet a qt like Makoto in the real world

Well, he is a kid after all, that is why he needs your help.

I forgot you can sell his ass to the homo predators. Sorry Ryuuji but Mona really needs a new slingshot.

One of my favorite bits in the trip is telling everyone Mishima never shuts the fuck up.

so Shido is basically Hillary, bane and senator Armstrong rolled into one

Well he IS a pretty big guy…

You're forgetting Char

do these two songs remind any of you of the OTS from the original SMT or is it just me?
youtube.com/watch?v=nMfKljfR_Cs

Featherman Suits

I'm interested in playing this, yet I don't own a sony playstation console after the PS2, and well, I don't feel good about buying a system for literally only one game. Guess I'll just stick with emulating persona 2 and see what all the fuss about persona is once and for all.
Makes me wish I could rent a console for about a week or so.

Get a cheap ps3 and all the good exclusives.

How does the PS3 version suffer in comparison to the PS4? Load time differences and so on?

As far as ive seen, the only difference is a little less draw distance. Im pretty sure p5 was developed for ps3 first.

How to beat them?

hit them until they die

why not? the ps3 was hacked long ago and the PS4, well, i can't stay its 100% worth the money yet, but its getting there. it already has about 8 worthwhile games not counting bloodborne because its boring shit, disregard what the masses say.

Just never had reason to pick up a PS3 or a PS4, and not really hard of persona Regardless persona is the first exclusive I've found remotely interesting on either of them and somehow I've never encountered it before now.

so what the hell do you play?

i mean its up to you but damn you're missing out everything

I have a PC with its catalogue of games, a 3ds and a wiiu for all the nintendo games I want to play, then I've still got my ps2 for all the sony games I want to play.

I think an issue I have is that I don't really go out of my way to discover new games, so I only really hear about new games through word of mouth, and it turns out all the people around me play exclusively nintendo games, and a vocaloid game for the PS4, which doesn't help my opinion that the PS4 is not worth my while.
This is just one of the rare cases I've gone out of my way to find out about a new series.

play a real smt game fag