The Dark souls of X

What is with everyone and their grandma using this meme now? Have none of them played action games of the past before?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/fQoku
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Dark Souls is popular, and because it's a popular title that received a nearly universal acclaim, it's only natural that people want to compete against it and steal away some of that thunder for themselves. There are many ways to do this; one way to try and market your game to the Dark Souls audience, without actually taking the time to understand what makes Dark Souls so well received in the first place, is to declare your game as "The Dark Souls of its genre." I guess some people think that it's possible to just leech off the game's namesake alone.

Code Vein is meant to be a stand-in for Dark Souls since Namco doesn't want to give up their cash cow so the comparison works here at least

Most retarded shit I've seen.

Why do you think everyone use ____gate as a name for every scandal nowadays? It's a meme that has entered the collective unconsciousness of a group as an archetype that will probably continue to exist until the internet dies. Also because most video game writers are shit and can only describe video games to their equally retarded audience through references/allusions to other games.

Think that's bad, any open world adventure these days is either "The Witcher 3 of" or "The Skyrim of"

Dark souls has become the gold standard of a good video game, so everyone is trying to compare every game to it.

to be fair Far Cry 3 is pretty much Skyrim with guns.

Babby's first """((([[[hard]]])))""" game.

Sad!

Remember me?
archive.is/fQoku
>Dark Souls isn't the Darks Soul of action RPGs or fantasy RPGs

Well it's not an rpg at all.

AAAAAAaaaaaand the thread is ogre.
Underrated post

Those masks look familiar.

She's the Dark Souls of big guys.

this game looks like shit tbh

I love the entire series and played the shit out of all of them but I wish that meme and a good 90% of the fanbase of the games would fucking die

Duh, it's a soulslike!

someone post the webm of Vaati saying 'souls' 6million times while shilling that video game

Looks average

What is watergate?

While calling something darksouls of X is fucking stupid, seeing autists spering out about it left and right on Holla Forums is halrious.
I hope it doesn't go away.

Here's a better video. The short of it is that President Nixon sent some former CIA guys into the Watergate Hotel to steal some sensitive information from the DNC that could help him with his reelection campaign. His people got caught and Nixon got outed as a prime suspect. Basically, when he realized he was going to get convicted, he stepped down as president.

I dropped that shit because it was so easy and boring. I played about 5 hours and didn't die a single time, and my safe house container was filled to the brim with recovery items and ammo.

is evangelion the dark souls of anime?

Cowboy beebop is.

Re:Zero is, seeing as how the whole meme about Souls is that you die a lot.

Dark Souls truly is the Dark Souls of soulslikes

Except Far Cry 3 has more RPG elements than Skyrim

Skyrim is just fallout without guns anyway.

It rustles my jimmies when underages play some retro vidya and say "wow this is dark souls but in 2D". ANY game. It's like they grew up playing exclusively shooters and sports games and dark souls became their first game where you don't shoot guns.

No, Evangelion is the Dark Souls of videogames.

Umm, actually, Vaati told me that the top down Souls game is Dark Maus. I think he knows more about what defines a souls game than this hack journo. He's played every souls like, even Destiny.

If a game is even mildly difficult, it's a soulslike. If a game has a dark or gloomy setting, it's a soulslike.
If a game's third person, it's a soulslike. If it's an action game, especially if it has any RPG elements, it's a soulslike. What games haven't seriously been compared to dark souls at some point by now?