Crossbowman

Is there any games where you can be a Crossbowman?

Morrowind

Take your shitty template thread there.
>>>/cuckchan/

Mount and Blade, might be up your alley.

I saw your character started mounted, can you just play unmounted?

Dominions 4 has some fun crossbow nations.

You can get a bunch of hobits to fire crossbows and fuck shit up.

Yes, but it slows you down on the map making you easy picking for anyone. M&B is a bitch like that, if you roll a female you get a minus to strength etc.

You can always just ride and dismount for battle.

Also: dark souls 1/2/3 if you want a challenge.

Chivalry, but from what I recall they're pretty much just strictly worse than longbowmen since it's like three arrows to kill knights to two crossbow bolts but the longbow shoots way more than twice as fast and they both I think oneshot with headshots anyway. You could also do javelins and buckler but they were kind of extra shitty I think since they were basically just trading the main advantage of the ranged classes, long range, for slightly better reach and defense in close combat that wouldn't be significant enough to let you fare favorably against any of the melee classes with your still shitty healthpool.

dungeon siege 2

you can use a crossbow in payday 2 i guess
if you buy the dlc

Chilvary.
Also cheesy as fuck because you can 1hko people with it although shields are an issue.

From what I've heard you, can't start off as a crossbowman in DS, you have to grind to get arrows/bolts before you can focus on that?

Ds1
You get crossbow + bolts in first … 5-15 minutes past tutorial. You have to buy bolts, but in the starting areas ranged weapons feel almost like cheating - you should have no problem grinding souls for them.
You can start as a hunter - you`ll get a shortbow as your starting gear.
Can`t remember where you get them in 2 and 3 off the top of my head.

Checked - ds2 has it 15 min into first area, Ds3 a little later, unless you get a lucky drop.

You can play as a Thief class in Lords of Magic, and a few of them can use crossbows.. Also there's a ranged unit in that game, the predictably named Crossbowman, which is one of the best units in the game and does a crap ton of damage if used correctly.

Dungeons & Dragons games allow you to specialize in ranged weapons like crossbows, even for some non-warrior classes.

Mount & Blade Warband as mentioned has a faction that specializes in crossbowman as their ranged footsoldier.

I think some stealth games out there allow you to use crossbows, they slip my mind atm though cus I'm tired.

I miss this game. Unfortunately there's a big bug where if you move or cancel current action after attacking, it resets your attack cooldown, allowing you to machine-gun crossbows. It's pretty hard not abusing this, considering it's so easy to do.

cheetahmen II

Did DS1 have crossbows too?

Those Goblin guns were damn satisfying in it atleast though too bad as midgame weapons they became shit pretty damn quickly after exiting the goblin caves.

Vagrant Story

rust

I beat the whole game with 8 guys and gobbo guns. I tactical'd the final boss. I never touched the game again after that.

That said, it probably could have been an easier fight.