Vanquish PC Thread

Looks like this port has some pretty severe issues at the moment. It would be best to wait for a patch before playing. Other problems include, but may not be necessarily limited to, scripted sequence failures, camera pans that end too quickly, unbalanced gameplay/cutscene audio and more.

Other urls found in this thread:

amd.com/en-us/innovations/software-technologies/technologies-gaming/freesync?utm_campaign=www.amd.com_freesync&utm_medium=redirect&utm_source=301
tftcentral.co.uk/articles/variable_refresh.htm#vs
amazon.com/s/ref=sr_st_price-asc-rank?keywords=freesync monitor&rh=i:aps,k:freesync monitor&qid=1495905671&sort=price-asc-rank
steamdb.info/app/460810/depots/
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLixUgqix_ieSHu-tO25qPY9T0ooEonGs_
community.pcgamingwiki.com/files/file/894-vanquish-damage-fix/
steamcommunity.com/app/460810/discussions/0/1290691308573046864/
please
isthereanydeal.com/search/?q=vanquish#/page:game/info?plain=vanquish
youtube.com/watch?v=0XvTIp1oZjo
youtube.com/watch?v=Je1J4TxldPY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I'm OK with this

Why do the japs tie everything to framerate all the time?

Efficiency

Works fine on machine. But really hope they fix it for other anons who are having a rough time. It's a good game.

Glad they ported the game. Tried playing it years ago but the 20 fps and going fast made me fesl sick and I stopped playing pretty fast. Now that I can play it on 60 I don't feel sick and I'm enjoying the hell out of it.

I'm just playing locked to 30fps for the benefit of using M+KB, I got myself all hyped up for a week of Vanquish and I'm not giving up now.

What kind of PC you have shouldn't get around this problem at all

That bit of advice was for anyone who was on the fence about this game. If you already bought it, you may as well play with the boosted difficulty while it lasts. Hell, it might make you a better player.

More like laziness. Nice dubs tho

True. They probably didn't know they would have to port it to PC in the future. Tch tch

Might, but Vanquish really isn't designed with no-damage play in mind and neither are a lot of the advanced techniques. You can't melee-dodge your way through an open area if AR-mode activates before it's supposed to.

Step it up, nigger

Maybe it is easier to code and for it to run on lower console hardware at 30FPS. When they upped the framerate on PC, it seems that they do not realize that the framerate unlocked effectively hurt the gameplay experience OR they cannot change it at all (cause they would have to redo the game again, mechanic and stuff).

That much?

It's still fun even if you die to a stiff breeze to be quite honest kindred.

I'm having fun with the game, regardless of the framerate-damage shit; but I do hope Platinum/Sega fix this. This is reminding me about that weapon durability bug from Dark Souls 2 when it drains twice as fast when the framerate is 60 and was only fixed when it was a console problem too.

What about the framerate?

Framerate's fully unlocked, but so is the damage that scales with it.

Shit… I can't believe they can't get this shit right, I want to play Bayonetta and Vanquish with no problems.

It's only damage taken. Are you that type of person that plays on easy mode and still get killed?

no wonder. Shinji Mikami has a 30fps boner "the evil within" was proof of it

The game gives enough ways to avoid damage for it to not be game-breaking. It still needs to be fixed, or at least for a framerate limiter option to be put in, but I think of it as a crash course in git gud.

No, I usually go in normal mode, but I am reading there are other issues, with Bayonetta I had the horrible framerate drops thanks to the horribly implemented steamworks dll.

This game is fucking rad.

Has anyone had problems running it in KB+M without having a controller plugged in? Whenever I try it, it always pans up instead of allowing for mouse camera.

Blame Hollywood/movie. I don't buy the '30fps helps in immersion gobelydook' theory. Or is that true for slower than average crowds? It really turned me off when the Nier's game shifted from 60fps to 30fps when hitting a cutscene. I think Nioh had the same thing.

Hey, it's me again.
That faggot who was in nearly every Vanquish thread for the last year; telling you guys about how the NPCs would fuck up randomly and either accidently kill you OR glitch out and not lower the bridge you need to pass.

Ahem.

Told you so.

More like nips aren't used to developing for a platform that has variable fps.

You're right in a way but Nioh had an option on the PS4 to choose 60fps or 30fps from alpha and even on release. It's like there are people out there that actually enjoy playing on 30fps. Can't remember if it's 60fps gameplay for MGSV but I do remember the sub 30fps cutscenes. Why?

I keep looking at this guy and keep thinking of a thinner, slanted eye Johnny. Help.

Unless you played it on PS3 or 360, I have to ask: you sure you're remembering it right? When I played it on PS4 it was more or less 60fps the entire time.

God, I want to bury my face in snake's musky ass

Kojima, is that you?

You're right. My memory was addled when I remembered neofags complained about the 60fps in cutscenes and how it makes them sick and not immersive.

Well technically neofags' obsession with silky smooth 30fps led to the discovery of the damage taken tied to it. I'm fairly sure if it was left to Holla Forums only, the increased difficulty would just be considered a fun feature.
Which it is

Yeah, that'll probably do it.

So was it PS3/360? You never answered my question there.

Close.

PS4, but I can't remember.

Yoji Shinkawa?

Most probably Kohey Nishi
Don't search the name and ask how I found out about it.

Should I play with KB+M or with a gamepad?

If I remember on ps3, the joystick on controller lets you walk slower (and be precise with strafe movement in a way), so there's that benefit. But mouse always provides superior aiming, your choice. wasd I assume works just as well as joystick, it just becomes 100% left or right.

Oh so damage really is fucked. I thought that was just how hard mode was.

WASD is inferior to a joystick due to only having 8-directional vs 360, but you can offset 8directions by just turning the camera with the mouse.

I thought I was dying way too fast even for God Hard.

You can limit framerate through Nvidia Control Panel or Nvidia Inspector. Don't know if AMD cards have a similar program.

They do, but it doesn't work on my machine. It's a known problem but one that went unfixed so far.

It's really obvious that the damage is fucked once you get to 5-2, those soldiers fucking drop you dead in an instant.

You don't know what pretty severe issues are OP.

Japs often tie gameplay elements to frame rate because it can be both easier and more efficient for them to do so when they know the performance metrics of the hardware they are working on and know they have the ability to cap frame rate.

Let's walk through a little thought experiment. Your game character has a sword and swings at an enemy. The game needs to spend CPU cycles analyzing the game over time to look for collision of sword hitbox with enemy hitbox. How often should you do this check for collision? If you don't check the game state often enough, it can lead to a lack of collision detection, and your sword might go right through the enemy and deal no damage. If you check the game state too often, you are wasting CPU cycles - there's no need to do a collision check 120 times per second if your game is capped at 30fps. So, the game is programmed to do one collision check per frame, knowing that it will never go beyond checking 30 times per second.

But wait a second. You might be asking yourself, why specifically tie the collision check to the frame rate? Why not just make the game check for collision every 33.33ms no matter what your frame rate is? Well again, there is performance to consider. If the game has dropped below your 30fps target, you could probably use all the spare CPU power you can get until you get back up to speed. A locked 33.33ms check will be a constant burden, but when tied to the frame rate it can do fewer checks while you are rendering fewer frames.

So aside from efficiency and ease of programming, I think there is one more thing that gives pairing game logic to frame rate an advantage. On a psychological level, it feels really good seeing game logic tied directly to the things you can actually see with your own eyes. The timing of everything just feels right. At any given moment, there will be a one-frame minimum amount of time between action and reaction. When your sword hits an enemy, there should never be a scenario where it travels multiple frames through the target without a reaction. When you hit a wall, your weapon bounces off it in the manner you would expect, rather than phasing through it for several frames before deciding to bounce back.

user please.

You should make better decisions, onii-chan.

Vanquish is not a game where you can avoid all damage. You WILL take damage, no matter what.

You cannot get a sane argument out of those retards. Most of the time they claim that you need to gitgud there's RNG involved, often to the point where you literally cannot win if RNG shits on you too much.

Haven't played Vanquish yet but I'd dare to guess that just like pretty much any other modern game where you're supposed to go fast to dodge enemy fire, going fast doesn't make you impossible to hit but rather lowers the enemy's chance of hitting you. Which, of course, means that it's still up to luck how often you do get hit even when going fast.

neo-Holla Forums in a nutshell

you have time slowing juice which makes you invulnerable to most of the damage in the game and just about all of the damage which is affected by the bug. it recharges fairly quickly. it's really not very difficult outside of god hard mode.

wew lad

user give it up Vanquish is never coming out for PC

It is out, the normal difficulty just isn't available.

Is there a crack for the game yet? I'd like to buy it, and while I like all of the Platinum games I've played so far I'd still like to test it before I buy it and 2 hours isn't enough especially since I have an AMD card and there is no telling if the game will stop working after a level or two.

Amazing

It doesn't have denuvo, it was cracked the minute it came out.

no

The problem I have is that the audio isn't synced during cutscenes.

Next you're going to say Bayonetta is already out

Nope, I don't use NeoFAG. I'm just explaining the reasoning why japs dev that way.

People will defend this just because it's made by gooks

I looked that it's on IGG at least.

sheeeeit you're right

but that is not wrong. As long as a game is not choppy or experiencing screen tearing and the input is responsive most people wouldn't know the difference between 30 fps and 60 fps. PC fags often cry about low frame rate because shit monitor with a 59 hertz refresh rate and no way to properly sync games with a lower framerate than 60 with makes the visuals look like its stuttering.

Say anons, I think I'm noticing mouse accel. Is anyone else picking up some mouse accel? I don't like it when my games have mouse accel.

get good.
it's an insult don't you see?
if you want to experience the game properly you have to be good.
otherwise you can stay in the dirt with your shit skills

I was planning on getting this and playing it with a friend, but apparently buying this isn't a good idea as of now?

Does sega know about the bugs? Are they going to eventually get fixed or do they just not give a shit?

Bayonetta is fine.

The only setting that appears to have issues is vsync, with vsync on my FPS tanks to 40. When it is off the game runs flawlessly at a constant 60.

I'll be waiting for a fix to play this.

This is your brain on NeoFag

What are your specs?
Vsync is pretty taxing

I played through all of it on Hard with 60+ frames constant, I don't know how much it fucks you with 120 but it doesn't seem to be a big difference comparing it from 30 to 60.
It's harder and some strats don't work but it forces you to learn the game to it's fullest in order to beat it, so I enjoyed it, besides the boss in 5-2 which because of this glitch he fucking hits like a truck.
I'm playing through it on normal now, and it feels just right for me, you die quickly if you fuck up but it still allows you to pull stylish shit.

1070 and a i7 2600k OC'd at 4.0
i should have more than enough power for it

Fuuuuuuckin gay.

AR-mode does not make you invulnerable to damage. A stray bullet can still hit you in AR-mode, and it will stun you and kick you out of AR-mode. The increased damage doesn't force you to get better, it forces you into cover. It's not impossible to deal with, it's just not the most fun way to play the game.

CPU is pretty dated lad, its bottlenecking your 1070.
RX480 and a i5 3570k here
No issues

Im playing with V-sync off for that aswell, but those sync issues annoy me, would a freesync remove them without affecting performance?

I dont think it has to do with the I7 itself.
Perhaps, I could bump up the clock. I know they are able to push 4.0+ easily. But I really dont want to have to upgrade my CPU if I dont have to. I'm also unsure if I will cut the CPU's life even further if I decide to bump up the clock this late in its life.
I am running Windows 7 and will NEVER install Shitblows 10 under any circumstance and with the shenanigans Windows is trying to pull by blocking newer CPU's from receiving updates from any OS less than 10, it really makes me even less motivated to upgrade.
I suppose if I went with a CPU that was a few years older it would mitigate that problem, but then the question arrives, would it last as long as the I7 has and would the performance upgrade even be worth. I would of course look for a MOBO/CPU combo that has good OC potential, still the question of whether or not it would be worth it lingers.

i too have a 2600k (with no overclocking, still haven't experienced situationen in which it was necessary) and an old 670ti. getting pretty stable 60fps with vsync on. framerate only drops during the fps-sequences in vanquish for a few seconds, but i think those are masked loading.

maybe drop the aa a bit. engine uses deferred rendering so aa won't do much anyway.

So, sega released dark souls of third person shooters?

The sad thing is that I can totally see some dumb journo saying that.

Nigger you cant tell the difference visually if its a steady framerate. The only way you notice that shit is because of the control response time. So with Cuhrayzee games or FPS its more noticeable but otherwise you wouldn't give a shit. Yes 60 fps is better for game play and mechanics but its not really an aesthetic issue if its not choppy or lagging.

Literally third-person Dark Souls

An overclocked i7-2600k isn't that much of a bottleneck. A newer CPU would only net maybe 10% more FPS with a 1070.

He could push the OC further though, I have mine at 4.2Ghz on air cooling.

Wrong. /r/ing that gif comparing 60 to 30 as it slides by or the webm of the tits bouncing in 30 and 60 fps

that's actually a seperate issue DOA had where physics is tied to framerate so modders just cut the animation speed in half for the increased fps

This is fun, i like it.

Nigger I could identify the 30 v 60 of anything if you put it in front of me. Can't even stand looking at fucking videos of gameplay in 30fps let alone playing it.

i guess you must be a gook or underage

If you're gonna sling ad hom around use some insults that make sense.

gookclickers, gotta have high fps to receive those 200 clicks per minute

Well.
Racing games require 60 fps to look and play right. Driveclub on ps4 was shit exactly because of 30 fps limit.
RTS increase input on 60 fps. It would be weird to even see 30 fps RTS.
Same with rpgs were combat is crucial.

Literally the only playable games on 30 fps are turn based shit. Go be a nigger somewhere else. This game with all its projectiles flying around with the speed of sound needs to have 60 fps for you to keep track of them. Fast flying and moving objects are more noticable on 60 fps, if you play quake on 30 fps you can notice delay of rockets flying into your face.

Kill yourself.

i'm sorry you haven't played any rts in the past 2 decades

Great derail bait.

gotta be a gook if you need 60fps to play OR UNDERAGE

I guess you must be a consolefag or retarded.

They know naught of even the meaning.

I pity the fool who hasn't enjoyed DMC4 at 120+fps.

user, its either you are retarded or not genuine. Here's your (you).

On 120hz monitor*

Yep thats why theres a whole lot of buzz around it

I don't think its the frequency lad
I believe its the fact that 2600K has less single core performance than the 3570K

There's actually tangible benefits of playing at a higher FPS than your monitor supports. You're even less likely to see or feel any delay at all. If you're v-syncing to 60 then you're introducing a huge amount of delay. If you're frame-capping then that's less of a problem but there's still a chance that some other parts of the game attempting to render may drop the fps by a couple of frames, even for a second. If it's capped @60 then those frames will potentially be seen/felt . If it's running at 120+fps and you're on 60Hz and it drops to 110fps, you won't see a feel jack shit.

But I do have a 120hz monitor

Wrong. Any kind of syncing causes worse performance and introduces frame issues. Even the new fancy syncing solutions. Just stop trying to sync shit and let it run ffs. You don't even see tearing on high Hz displays anyway.

Stop postimg anytime you proxyfagging Sonygger.

Kill yourself, Battle for Middle Earth and its sequel felt like shit due to that exact same reason and so do all 30FPS locked console games.
Seriously, take a knife from your kitchen drawer and stick it deep inside your neck while streaming it to NeoGaf, goddamn.

Apparently that 10% is enough of a boost considering I have a i5 3570k with a mere Turbo boost from 3.4Ghz to 3.6 and I'm getting a solid 60 with Vsync on.

Gsync and Freesync are all on the monitor nigger, theres no performance cost.
amd.com/en-us/innovations/software-technologies/technologies-gaming/freesync?utm_campaign=www.amd.com_freesync&utm_medium=redirect&utm_source=301

tftcentral.co.uk/articles/variable_refresh.htm#vs

Still some lag although very very low. Point is you're paying premium for something that does nothing. It's a solution to a problem that doesn't exist.

Are you this tech illiterate to not know what Vsync does?

you dumb nigger that has to do with the physics engine being tied to frame rate.

So I guess you have never played SM64, Metal Slug, Tomb Raider, Crash Bandicoot ect ect ect.

just do it kiddo

>First female president of the USA looks like Hillary and supported the Russian coup so she had a casus belli
Is Platinum the most redpilled game studio?

But there is an input delay if you have screen tearing.

Looks more like Jill Stein too be honest.

I can see the difference in your embed, you have only proven everyone else correct.

You clearly have no idea what freesync and gsync actually do. It lets the GPU control the refresh rate of the monitor to match the frame rate, even while wildly fluctuating. This means it eliminates tearing that would occur if FPS was higher than refresh rate, and it also eliminates judder that would occur if FPS is lower than the refresh rate (and also not a multiple of it).

Yeah a bit of extra latency is kind of lame but all LCD monitors have latency anyway, a few more milliseconds won't hurt unless it's already laggy as fuck.

There's also an extra hidden power of free/gsync monitors. If you are using MAME to emulate arcade games, many of them used bizarre proprietary refresh rates that cause awful stuttering and graphical glitches on a normal static refresh rate monitor. Free/gsync is able to automatically apply the correct refresh rate for MAME, thus fixing these issues.

No not really, you are getting the most up-to-date information drawn to the screen it just won't be complete information. There's a reason pro CS players run at 999 fps with vsync disabled - maximum response despite the monitor's inability to keep up in the refresh rate.

what premium? freesync isnt premium only jevidya g-sync one is

We're talking about nu-syncs which require modern hardware that's certified for them which usually makes them cost more.

I don't know what the etc etc etc are but I haven't played those named titles since their original releases. I'm fine with low FPS if the game was originally made like that, especially for very old games which just seem to be a lot slower anyway. I think Zelda OOT is 20fps or something and it's not even bad. Try to play some nuGame at 20fps and it makes me sick. Things are faster now.

But I don't get that on my monitor. I dunno maybe I'm lucky. I see tearing all the fucking time if I switch to HDMI (on DVI) or if the game runs like total ass (Hitman 2016) but if it's running like ass then tearing ain't going to be what delays your inputs.

Potentially.

They do fucking nothing.

Ok that's cool

Not all monitors support nu-syncs. To get a monitor that has all the new standards come at premium prices almost garuanteed. In otherwords you can't get those dank high Hz, high-res Korean monitors for cheap and use these nu-sync technologies. Gotta get ones that advertise it all over their boxes and add huge markup for it. Freesync is less jewy for sure, though. Nvidia's jew-sync can die in a fire.

Nigger please stop posting

End your life, please

Legit question
Are you half blind?

You are so fucking retarded it hurts. Do five seconds of research before you post your drivel.

god damn you are so stupid or just baiting
amazon.com/s/ref=sr_st_price-asc-rank?keywords=freesync monitor&rh=i:aps,k:freesync monitor&qid=1495905671&sort=price-asc-rank

Gsync monitors have special hardware and licensing fees involved, which drives up their cost, but freesync needs no extra hardware and has no licensing fee, thus the name "freesync."

So, when it comes to cost, he's only half right.

Mega Man had noticeable framedrops too nigger but fags love to cry about muh mythological Nintenjoo NTSC 60hz. If metal slug had decent framepacing you wouldn't give a fuck.

Street Fighter III, King of Fighters are some more examples of classic 30fps games.

you are full of shit

I too can see the difference, it's obvious as fuck. Watch background objects when he turns the camera, in the 30fps footage they chop by where as in the 60fps footage they glide by.

They make no distinguishable difference to the visual output of a proper high Hz screen. I get no tearing and don't need any sync to perform some jew magic on my eyes so give up trying to convince me buy this garbage.That said I wouldn't [i]not[/i] buy a display if it was good/properly priced and just happened to be certified for one of the technologies

And you think they haven't added markup for supporting nu-sync memes?

Sure it is.

Ok?

fucked up the italic formatting. I need to take a break from steam ffs

wew, it is most definitely noticeable, and probably would be more if I was playing the game instead of watching footage.

Yes, if you have a 144hz monitor and are getting 144fps or more at all times, then free/gsync won't help you, this is 100% true. The purpose of the technology is to smooth out issue when you have a framerate that is fluctuating lower than this. If you get a shiny new game that is much harder to render and you average 50-80fps, free/gsync smooths out the motion of this fluctuation so it's not as annoying, thus saving you the immediate urge to go and drop $600 on a new Jewvidia Founders Kikedition graphics card.

Nigga are you retarded
Oh man Castlevania 1 is such a classic game and ran at 6FPS guys

Ok fair enough. I'm not interested though because I'd just framelimit the game until I was sure it would never or very rarely drop frames if it's a game where framedrops are even felt/matter in ~100 range.

(checked)]
but my dubs are superior to your dubs user.

frame pacing, I'm not kidding. I was one hundred percent on the 60fps bandwagon until I realized all N64 and Playstation one games where 30 fps. The only thing fps effects is input vs responsiveness with controllers. You can FEEL when a game is not running at 60fps and its still preferable when making an action game but otherwise its with good frame pacing its indistinguishable. The autism about FPS is a meme just like the meme about field of view. The only people who take that shit seriously are cancerous Redditors and Jewtube e-celebrities.

Although the damage received is much higher with the PC port, doesn't anyone feel like the health regeneration is also higher compared to the console version as well? I suppose it balances eachother out.

user, I like good frame pacing too, but I can absolutely see the difference between 60 and 30 fps. Bouncing tits over here >>12649981 alone is a great example. The point of the video was to show lost animation frames, but even before it gets to that I can see the exact moment it switches to 60 from 30, the movement becomes far more fluid.

You need to stop being blind.

That's odd, it should have linked shouldn't it?

Now that you mention it, you do recover from bloody screen rather quickly.

Oh fuck nevermind, it got deleted by mods.

Fuck you Mark, we're having a discussion here.

Must be hard being a blind man with crippling autism.
I guess your computer is so bad it can't even render the video at 60FPS considering Youtube codec limits that framerate to HD resolutions only.

Does the loli want a headpat?

Sure feels like summer alright

aaaaand uninstalled, Platinum confirmed shitty meme developer that has only ever made two good games

but user the bouncing tits is not a good example because the example is showing off how a physics engine tied to framerate operates.

are you just pretending to be retarded

user the only people with autism are the fools who think they can visually "see" 60fps.

I think it disabled object motion blur but not camera motion blur. It is pretty dumb for sure.

Which is exactly why I stated that subtracting that and simply noticing the point at which it switches from 30 to 60 is blatantly obvious and vastly more smooth. And once again, the very video you embedded has a clear difference between 60 and 30. Look at objects tracking in the distance, 30 is a lot more juddery than 60.

Second part meant for

You also deal more damage to enemies, as much more as they deal to you.

The motion blur setting doesn't do anything at the moment. You still get the full blur on everything whether it's on or off.

Perhaps we'll need to hex edit the .exe like DMC4

Autism speaks

Weird.

Now we know for sure you're from reddit. There is no way you can be a regular user poster and not know how people here feel about this. God damn it's almost like you console kikes like riding Sony and MS dick.

I just want to go fast again

Reminded me of this Kamiya edit

Took me 10 minutes to download the whole thing.

Seed it then you fag.

Try harder goon faggot. It's not our fault you are blind as a bat.

I did, for a whole day from Thursday to Friday

>>>/NeoFag/

Keep posting bitch boy, you're just digging yourself further into the retard hole.

Saving this thread, good job lad

Just tested the game on my mid-range pc, it runs at smooth 60 fps, guess I'll have to actually buy it, this game looks fun has fuck

I didn't know you could leave grenades on the floor like that, cool

shit thread tbh fam

You can drop grenades at your position when you hit the throw grenade button during the animation when you recover from your slide. I also discovered that when a Romanov decides to fire its massive missiles from its back by turning its backcannon towards you, that you can shoot its rocket while it is still in the tube and make it explode to deal massive damage.

And keep in mind that frags will drop while EMPs will activate on the spot

Heads up, steamdb hints at an upcoming patch involving "vfr" which I can only assume means "variable frame rate" or in other words a fix for the damage bug.

steamdb.info/app/460810/depots/

Wew

cool, now I can wait for the game to be fixed before pirating it! I'll buy it later if it's as good as it seems

I just beat the game, had a blast.
I'll probably hold off on playing God Hard mode until they fix the framerate issue. Overall hard mode was fine but at times I'd get one-shot when I felt like I shouldn't have been. Also, the anti-armor pistol is fucking broken. Best weapon in the game.

That scene made me laugh so hard.

Vanquish 2 with Trump as president when?

My man. I loved rolling and activating bullet time and just popping everything with it. Felt like a goddamn cowboy.

you can get through the game at 60 anything higher than that

Same here. I really think the gun is too good with mouse aim though, it's better than the sniper rifle in every way. I think if I replay the game I'll try not using it.

I'd have to guess 30fps cutscenes are probably ease of creation since they can put less effort into it along with there being less feel issues with it since there isn't the issue of the player getting frustrated from the game not being smooth control wise

Finally tried it with my 2013 SLI laptop I mentioned in earlier thread, I turned all possible graphics options to lowest and played in 1080p, it ran at a solid 40 fps with dips up to 60 in peaceful corridors and then in the Argus Core fight when the multiple missiles fly in it dropped below 30. CPU/GPUs stayed at 70 degrees celsius. It's very playable.

There's a technique I haven't seen talked about in any of the videos. Weapons with a long recovery time (shotguns, rocket launchers, anti-armor pistol) typically can't be reload-canceled, I'd assume because being able to spam the shotgun that quickly would be game breaking. But dodge-rolling resets that recovery anyway, so you can fire the weapon a lot more quickly by coupling your reload cancels with a dodge roll.

Why not turn it down to 900p or 720p if you're that close to stable performance?

How's life on facebook?

Could you record a clip of gameplay showing that?

If I understand correctly, the process of reload canceling the long recovery weapons would be reload>switch to another weapon>switch back>roll?

I would, if I had any recording software

For the shotgun. For the rocket launcher, you want to roll in the third step so you can start firing another weapon and then switch to quick-launch a missile instead of having to lock on to something.

Some additional tips:

OBS Studio would get the job done for you pretty easily.

vsync is not taxing at all it's just the way it works that is finnicky, at least when we're talking about double framebuffer vsync (which is what people and programs mean when they simply say "vsync"). Your PC renders a frame and hangs until the next monitor refresh, then it swaps the backbuffer with the frontbuffer during the blanking interval. The way that fixes screen tearing is by having the gpu swap the frames in the area the monitor reads them while the monitor is not drawing anything.

Wrong. I recommend you learn about those technologies before posting about them. The buzz around freesync/gsync is getting frame timings right when not hitting the monitor's refresh rate by refreshing whenever a frame is ready instead of at a fixed refresh rate.

Stop talking about subjects you know nothing about, you're just spreading your retardation.
Generally what people mean by no vsync is "single buffering" (the other possibility being no buffering, but that has not been viable in decades). Single buffering is when your gpu repeatedly draws frames to the same area in memory, the area that a monitor reads to get a frame. Tearing occurs because your gpu draws a frame at a different speed than your monitor reads it which means while the monitor is reading a frame the gpu draws a new one on top and suddenly the monitor is getting a different frame in the same refresh, causing a visible visual discrepancy. Sometimes games or the gpu driver sneakily enable triple buffering vsync when you disable vsync because the only performance cost is a tiny amount of gpu bandwidth and it completely eliminates tearing so you might not even have vsync disabled when you think you do.

They both add hardware complexity so they by definition have a premium, although nvidia charges royalties for including gsync on a monitor.

Enemies surely look like i am shooting geths from a distance.

I went and played through the whole game on normal in one sitting. This was my first time playing this game. Overall it was an enjoyable game and on normal at least the damage bug isn't that big of a deal. Just don't stay still for more than a second if you're exposed to enemies.

I'll bring up some points that I don't like or have mixed feelings on.

The upgrade system feels pretty inelegant. I'm not sure it contributes much to the game at all in its current form. At times I felt like sticking with one weapon just so I could upgrade the others if I came across any, which feels unfun. I also felt compelled to scour the area for guns after a fight so I didn't miss any upgrade opportunities. This is one area of the game that either needs to be reworked or just scrapped.

I'm not sure why the rolls needed to be restricted to 4 directions only. Is there any reasoning behind this? Also, I'm not a huge fan of all the field of view shifting linked to various actions. For example, boosting will widen the field of view while it's active. Constant boosting and rolling across the battlefield can be a bit tiring on the eyes with all the constant zooming of the camera. I would like an option for a more stable camera with an unchanging field of view, except when aiming. Are there I-frames on the rolls? Is there a video that demonstrates its length?

Bugs aside, the port is pretty good. I'm pretty sure the game never dropped below 120fps except for the first person walking sections. Loading times are almost non-existent. Mouse aim could be better, but it's workable as is. I did run into two script sequence failures. The first happened in the dark tunnel, where the enemies didn't show up and the result screen didn't either, leading to a forced checkpoint reload. The other happened during the approach to the Kreon, where you were supposed to blow up some tanks with the gatling guns mounted on a bridge. The tanks didn't show up, so I had to reload from checkpoint again. Hopefully, the bugs will be sorted out before long.

I was wondering why I was dying almost instantly as I got out of cover. Felt like Gears of War.

the game is broken your cover usage should be around 1% to 5 % on normal

It's probably one of my least favorite upgrading systems in any videogame I've played. Since it doesn't carry over to new runs you can't even just ignore it and naturally upgrade from playing enough, you need to be focused on it and relying on random weapon containers. Some of the ranks are pretty good, too. I just don't get why it wasn't just point-buy or from secret collecting.

I hated it, Platinum games often have these enforced and dumb upgrade systems, I mean think about that Platinum Transformers game

The upgrade system feels like such an afterthought, especially since you can upgrade a partially spent weapon by shuffling the weapons around, but merely picking up the fresh version only refills ammo. I had the scripting break in the exact same spots as well.

To be honest the only game that I actually CRAVE 60fps in is Monster Hunter. I don't play fightan games, but I imagine it'd be the same there too. Anything that requires twitch reaction gameplay. This is why I still think MH3U was the best MH game to date, and it's a damn shame that the Nips are going to port MHXX to the Switch without upping the framerate at all.

Stuff like RPGs (MMOs included) and RTS I don't really give a fuck about what the fps is. I don't feel like "oh my god this would be so much better in 60fps" or "oh my god this 30fps is hurting my eyeeeeess" like a lot of people do.

It's a weird reverse upgrade system where unlike most games the more you use a weapon the stronger it gets, here it's about the less you use a weapon the stronger it gets. In a way you will be using other weapons because of it, but in a very backwards manner. The ensuing result is that you'll be sticking to one general purpose weapon like the AR or HMG until it runs out of ammo so you can upgrade the other two weapons once you manage to find weapons for them, or using one-off weapon like the Lock-On Laser or Sniper Rifle without ever upgrading those. The only-upgrade-on-full-ammo rule is such a silly one because it's easily circumvented. If I want to upgrade a weapon not on max ammo capacity, I only need to replace that weapon with another in that slot, pick up the weapon I want to upgrade with full ammo, and then upgrade it with the weapon with partially-spent ammo. If your weapon would advance a rank regardless of the status of your ammo, then the whole system wouldn't have to feel so restrictive on your playstyle. Either that, or just largely sticking to upgrade drops as a means of upgrading weapons instead of picking up duplicate weapons. Regardless, it's a largely pointless system on harder difficulties like God Hard because of the penalty which decreases the rank of your weapon each time you die, instead of Normal where your weapons can only downgraded once per checkpoint if you die, but on higher difficulties you'll be dying so often that the upgrade system becomes largely redundant anyways unless you manage to never die at all throughout the entire campaign.

Another fact about the HMG backflip; if you melee from a sweetspot at the tip of attack you won't overheat.

MH4U is 60 fps on new 3DS.

This is absolutely factually false. I have MH4U on the N3DS and it isn't even CLOSE to 60fps. It's not even close to the 40-50fps range.

Just ignore the upgrades entirely. God Hard difficulty even turns off that mechanic, so in the grand scheme of things it's pretty pointless.

By the way, video related is a youtuber doing a walkthrough on God Hard. I've watched his streams and he was playing at 120-140fps AND a controller on the highest difficulty. There's just no excuse to not git gud at this game, Holla Forums.
If you're looking for cuhrayzeee, watch this playlist: youtube.com/playlist?list=PLixUgqix_ieSHu-tO25qPY9T0ooEonGs_
This was all on console, so again, no excuse to not git gud now.

Have you watched earlier console streams of God Hard playthroughs of that mission? He recovers from the bloody screen twice as quickly as you're supposed to, it's another framerate bug. He is using that method I talked about here at 1:45 to shorten his recovery time, though

Why is the Assault Rifle so shit?
Is there a varisnt much like the Boost Machine Gun?
Fucking thing is a peashooter

You should mainly use it to headshot red gorgies and destroying small turrets and conserve the bigger guns for bigger things.

There's always that one guy who doesn't know what he's talking about, while posting lewds.

>main character works for DARPA
>trying to stop Russian who just blew up San Francisco
So I'm the villain in this game, right?

As of 6 hours ago, Steamdb shows "Public Patch Testing" for Vanquish, I'd expect the frame rate bug could be fixed in the next day or two? Memorial Day might slow it down a bit.

community.pcgamingwiki.com/files/file/894-vanquish-damage-fix/

So it turns out that both damage and health regeneration are boosted at higher framerates. It also seems that it isn't the damage itself that's boosted, but the i-frames after taking a hit not adjusting for higher framerates.

Did you finish it? it turns out The russians were puppets for not hillary clinton and basically turn on her so that she couldn't screw them over first, sam is just a guy doing his job it's accidentally kind of red pilled.

That would be a straight forward way of fixing the existing system. I wonder how difficult it would be to mod it.

Oh yeah, I forgot about not-Hillary.
With Russians working for Hillary it's like a dystopian alternate timeline in which she won the election.

Honestly, Vanquish without the Sci-fi is what would've happened if Hillary won. Bitch wanted to make Russia her Iraq.

Welcome to yesterday's thread.

Well, I guess a user-made fix is new, so thanks for the link, but yeah the general knowledge has been known here.

Interesting results with the user made fix.

It could be like Metal Wolf Chaos, he would have his own power armor.
Metal Wolf Chaos for PC when?

You should have synchronized the clips based on the first frame of impact from weapons. These are all out of sync and it makes the results look even more unusual.

Still, it does seem to show that with the user made "fix" that playing at 120 makes it take longer than the others?

Beta patch is out.

When you think you've heard the last of this bullshit I swear to god

I'd rather have that than framerate tied to gamespeed.

So it looks like 30 and 60 are the same now, but 120 is now slower?

you don't know Shinji

Still looks pretty fucked, in the 120fps clip Sam is getting staggered way more often than the others, even though it takes longer to activate Auto-AR.

More or less, count the number of times he gets hit.

Yeah I count 6 hits at 30fps and 7 hits at 60fps, which seems reasonable but I don't know what the fuck is happening at 120fps. Like you said, way more staggering so I don't know if that counts as a hit or an i-frame. My understanding is that you get i-frames after taking damage so they game can visually be showering you with bullets but it keeps you from getting torn to shreds immediately. The stagger must be the indication of an i-frame and since he staggers a lot he's invincible a lot and thus doesn't trigger AR mode for a while longer.

144hz monitor master race.

Reporting in, but I wish I had freesync. My card doesn't even support the feature though so no harm no foul.

I swear, the sound when the face box closes is the same noise when switching weapons in jet force gemini.

Testing this is actually pretty difficult. There can be large differences in the time taken to go into critical health even at the same framerate. I still suspect that it isn't working quite right, but at this point I feel like giving up.

So I've been experimenting with rolling to see if there's anything fucked up with the i-frames. I feel like I'm having trouble i-framing through attacks on high framerates. Can anyone with experience on the console version comment? I have a feeling there's something wrong here.

Here's a more focused video.

The whole concept of I-frames is based on frame rate. Retarded developers tend to actually tie that stuff to frame rate when the practice shold've ended in the ps2 era when performance consistency became guaranteed to not exist. It's doubly stupid because modern hardware (console included) has hardware timers that only deviate by microseconds.

The Frame Rate damage has a Beta Patch now

steamcommunity.com/app/460810/discussions/0/1290691308573046864/

Oh I didn't notice it was already posted, I only just noticed when i got an update.

MODEL RIP / PORN WHEN

Is her model in the game? I think she's only in the pre-rendered cutscenes.

I see a thread on the Steam discussion page that some people are falling through the floor with the beta patch at a certain point in the game.

This is turning into quite the mess.

yeah, just like sunny, she will forever out of our reach.

There's no longer any doubt that something's wrong with rolling invincibility here.

is this taken on the beta patch?

The beta patch came out of beta today. This was recorded on the latest version of the game.

Jesus christ that's awful, I don't envy anyone trying to play this at 60+. Sunk 20 hours into the PC version so far but I think I'll lay off until they sort out the mess.

I see. I'm still having problems with damage even on normal, sometimes i get hit two or three times by red romanovs and go directly into emergency AR mode.

Do you cancer race nigggers even play games, jesus fuck.

And as always consoles win again.

Consoles win as soon as they get uncensored Monobeno.
Until then they're shitboxes

You told me this game was fun and fast Holla Forums. You told me it's a good Platinum game. Hell it even seems decently optimized for a console port of a previous gen but I wasn't looking forward to playing another cover shooter because all of the fun shit leads to exceedingly frustrating deaths.

I fucking love this game. About halfway through on a zero death god hard mode run on ps3. PC is how this game should be played, the analogue stick can't possible outshine a mouse in this.

Git gud faggot. Platinum just made a new difficulty so casual scrubs like you can cry about it lmao. Its fine when my weeb favourites do it.

You haven't played god hard then

Learn to play. Your first time will always be slow, but as you learn all the techniques you'll be able to pull off crazy shit.

Hey now all of you can see for yourself what bullshit came out of jim sterling in his review of this game.

please use archive.is/review-vanquish-186214.phtml

destruction com/review-vanquish-186214.phtml

My knowledge of this game was basically zero when I first started playing it apart from Holla Forums appearing to like it. Are you seriously telling me that I need to watch youtube videos to learn what tricks work and what don't because figuring this stuff out in game takes too long or something?

Archive it, asshole.

HAS ANYONE UNLOCKED GOD HARD YET?

You fags are gonna be pissed

No

No, I'm telling you to play through it once to get the hang of it. Trust me, it takes effort but the payoff is amazing.

Sure smells like summer in here

user, those are 2 different IDs.

Alright user, but this would be pretty mediocre without Platinum's set piece button mash to see cool shit moments.

I know, I just didn't have the patience to roast them independently.

Sounds like shit game design user. I enjoy games like DMC3/4 and MGR in part because you can get better at them and get greater enjoyment out of them because of it, but if the game isn't enjoyable until you know exactly what you're doing by trudging through it at least once or watching youtube tutorials, it's not great.
Maybe I'm a casual but I play games to have fun, not autistically mastering every single game's mechanics.

I'll give it the benefit of the doubt because it's Platinum and I've forced myself through EYE on Holla Forums's recommendation and ended up enjoying it but you shouldn't consider this sort of thing ok.

Have you? God Hard isn't Heaven or Hell, you can still take damage.

The game is still enjoyable without doing that, but THAT is how allot of good action games are. The first playthough is always to get your bearings on the game and learn it so you can do better next time.
You can't tell me the way you play DMC now is anything like how you played DMC when you first started.

You mean someone actually has to PRACTICE for hours and days in order to be able to play Through the Fire and Flames by DragonForce on the guitar!?

You mean someone actually has to go to school for years and EDUCATE themselves first before they can become a doctor!?

So this game available off of Steam or am I going to have no choice but to pirate it?

You could buy it and pirate it, Steam is nothing but a placebo nowadays.

Man that train section in Mission 2 was amazing, one of the few things in gaming in recent years that made me say something amazed out loud and just have a massive grin on my face.

Except I give money to Valve in the process. So yea just pirate if they don't have another site to buy it.

isthereanydeal.com/search/?q=vanquish#/page:game/info?plain=vanquish

Bookmarked the site and will buy if I think it's above mediocre after pirate and framerate fixes. Many thanks user.

You're misguided. The reason people often criticize "it takes X amount of time for this game to get better", it's when the design is inherently restrictive.
A good Vanquish player will always have the opportunity and freedom to do what they please, whether they're playing the last mission or starting a new playthrough. A skill-based game such as this is only limited by the player's competence and skill.
By contrast, a game like FFXIII limits all players with no exception, and you have to sink several hours before the experience really opens up.

Read the thread. There is a damage bug at high frame rates.

It still uses Steam

You have to be a fucking casual to not be able to breeze through the game with all the things you have on your advantage.

Health regeneration is also faster with higher framerates, so you could consider it balances eachother out. But there's already a beta patch on Steam that apparently addresses most of those issues.

Yea just looked into it. Fuck it then.

I don't remember the game too well but that number sounds familiar. If that stage is what I think it is then I'm not looking forward to repeatedly dying again.

Again, read the thread. The beta is over and now it's an official patch, except it doesn't fix it fully and rolling i-frames are broken.

Tried to play it when it came out a few days ago, but the mouse was barely responding at all, and I couldn't turn the camera without holding the right mouse button, and even then it was sluggish as balls, like it was trying to ignore the mouse in favor of a gamepad or something. Do I need to uninstall any drivers for controllers I've ever plugged in or something? I don't see anything in the patch notes about it.

That's strange. You should double check to make sure you've unplugged everything that could be considered a gamepad.

I'm thinking there will still be more frame rate bug patching to come in the near future, it's not over yet.

I hope so. There are still many problems when playing this game at high framerates.

Did anyone else just see a new patch coming?
I don't know whether I just suck or the i-frames on boost dodging are still fucked, because I can't for the life of me manage to dodge the melee attacks of a BIA through rolling.

Yeah, they just put out a new patch. I'm quite satisfied with the game at the moment, but tech wizards might want to check it out.

You could just quit being an autist, experiment with different weapons and learn to play the fucking game like a normal person. You're not having fun because you have to learn it and it doesn't spoonfeed you every available move.

You're right, live as of 23 minutes ago.

You're just fucking bad at video games.

I loved DMC3 and Bayonetta both from the word go, but I kept coming back to them because getting better at the game was rewarding and fun in and of itself. Vanquish was a similar experience for me. And I got to and through God Hard without ever watching a jewtube vid. Don't ever forget that reviewers tend to be bad at games, especially somewhat niche ones.

I'm just gonna wait until the steam sale to buy this.

As long as you idiots keep buying these shitty nip PC ports like hotcakes, they'll keep making them shitty

Or they won't make them at all.

god hard is so fucking hard

What is tick based simulation.

Is this game set during the Finno-Korean Hyperwar?

I'm thinking the same. At least to encourage more SEGA games to get ported to PC. Although, having pirated it and finding it leagues better than on consoles, it's still fantastically mediocre. Outside of the slide mechanic, it's generic third person shooter central with loads of the same enemies, ad nauseum.

Either you don't know what "mediocre" means, or you actually need to learn how to play this game properly and discover its skill ceiling.

I guess it's the latter, then. You don't seem to be very knowledgeable of this game's mechanics if you think the slide is the only interesting thing about Vanquish, which by itself completely changes how a third person shooter would normally play out, so I don't know how you can casually brush that aside. That's like saying football without a ball would just be men running around aimlessly. Dumb.

If you're curious, this is a small example of the difference between low level play: youtube.com/watch?v=0XvTIp1oZjo
…and high level play: youtube.com/watch?v=Je1J4TxldPY

As opposed to what? Max Payne? Enemy variety in Vanquish would be the last thing I'd imagine someone criticizing. Out of all the enemy classes, some variants have completely different threats and weaknesses. The Remanovs are a prime example of this; with the Flamethrower variant, if you aim at their fuel tank you kill them faster, and the one who shoots missiles at you can be killed instantly if you shoot at the big missile when it's coming out of its body. The Disk Launcher is also a good weapon against these enemies, because if you aim it at their heads it decapitates them, they become confused and will attack in a random direction.
It's little details like these that make this game an absolute blast to play.

I need to give this and Bayonetta few more playthroughs each.

middling or so-so. guess you just like you make strawman arguments you can make easily on the internet to feel like a champ, eh?
I've been playing it since it came out and it's always been so-so, high mobility but you have a questionable cover mechanic.
I'm glad there are turbo autists out there that play this game non-stop because they are retarded and have nothing better to do. I'm sure if I cared enough, it could happen but won't As for enemy variety, I've been seeing waves and waves of the red robots. Every now and again, yes, they will throw in a couple of Remanovs of the same type at once. loads of the same enemies. hmmm - it's almost like, yet again, you've set up your arguments so that they are easy to win…. Stay mad that you get off to solid 7/10 games, user

Have you considered they are easy to win because he is correct?

If you've been playing since release and still play like this, no, you will probably never be good at the game.

imagine that

well, he isn't correct, so no? I finally got bored after the Burns boss fight and uninstalled. I'd rather start Hollow Knight. sage for no longer giving a shit

Yeah, that game is definitely more your speed.

Nothing strawman about it. The reason why I said you don't know what being mediocre is, it's because you won't just casually walk into a game store, pick a game out of thousands at random and it just so happens that it's of the same quality as Vanquish. That wouldn't happen unless you were incredibly lucky, that's what it means when something is not just average.

Well, I don't know what makes the cover mechanic "questionable" in your view, but the good thing is Vanquish is primarily about mobility and not cover. It means the game has done its job as intended, and even if you don't believe in artistic intention, it at least sets it apart from, you know, other average shooters.

Are you trolling or just plainly dumb? How can you possibly think this is a legit argument against high skill ceiling? "Chess masters? Pfft, those fags are just wasting their time".
Funny thing is, you even said you've been playing it since it came out. But ok, maybe you're not interested in memorizing every enemy spawn and know every single nuance. That's fine. You could still do well enough so that the game still has an unique experience to offer; managing the AR meter, knowing what to do with melee attacks and what tools fit the situation best, should at least become second nature to anyone who's played this game aggressively for a few hours.

That's an odd way to phrase that. Are you sure you haven't just started playing this game very, very recently? It sounds like it, and you should have at least memorized their names by now (you know, when it shows up on the scoreboard right after you kill something?).
But anyway, Gorgies in groups are easily dispatched with a manually detonated grenade, or 2/3 headshots from the assault rifle. There are plenty of other threats, just because those show up in bigger numbers doesn't mean they represent the entirety of the experience. You're mostly going to be stuck at other mid-sized enemies, bosses or in the Challenge missions (where there are plenty of variety), not cannon fodder. Not to mention that enemy placement also changes things up. It's certainly not as mindless as you're making it seem.

You're not winning shit, though. You're just making exaggerated claims to try to make a point.

Top pleb.

They are still at it boys.

So have the issues been dealt with ?

Not yet.

Still at it.

I do not get the significance of this.

Steamdb page for Vanquish providing information on upcoming patches for the frame rate issue. They have fixed a lot off issues so far but there are still more to hammer out.

Oh. Well that's good then. What's left to fix ? I'm pretty happy with the game right now to be honest. Though I'm not looking forward to me trying a deathless run and fucking up horribly.

Damage and i-frame issues at frame rates higher than 60 still exist I believe.

Can cap the frame rate with vsync or force it through Nvidia/AMD control panels ?

Yep you can do that, but they were advertising themselves with uncapped frame rate as a feature so fixing the problem is kind of important.