I need to know of more games with character movement/control as good as that of Mario 64 besides Sunshine...

I need to know of more games with character movement/control as good as that of Mario 64 besides Sunshine. Closest I can think off is perhaps the Spyro trilogy.

You'll be hard pressed to find a game with as much effort that went into just the movement of the character, even in other platformers like Banjo Kazooie. Mario 64 really is the gold standard that other games should compare to. Not saying its the absolute best, just that this is what others should aim to be like.

Rayman Origins? Rayman Legends. 2D games count, right?

This is what sonyggers actually believe.

You may like metroid zero mission

It has insanely better level design, that's for sure. Mario 64 has god tier movement but the LD is the worst I've seen yet. It's bubsy 3D tier.

My life is a fucking lie

You realize Super Mario 64 is literally a tech demo for the n64's weird ass controller, you are going to be hard Apressed to find a game with any more deliberately tuned control.

I can't believe I laughed at your fucking spoiler.

Katamari does bizarre character movement perfectly if you're looking for that kind of game. It's a bit on the easy side for most of the game, but damn is it fun. We love Katamari also emulates extremely well if you don't feel like going out to buy a ps2.

DOES HE JUMP?

there cant be a hard pressed theres only a press

In the PS3 game he does, and I think in the Vita one too I don't know because I haven't played the Vita one in forever

Can he do a backflip?

Super Metroid has a great momentum model, and multiple maneuvers which arent explicitly explained or necessary for completion. Not to mention the wall jump from the game was most likely the inspiration for SM64's wall jump.
Jet Set Radio is another contender. The moveset doesnt have so many different possibilities, but the gameplay is all about maintaining momentum and constantly doing tricks to keep a high combo

Except no momentum, no run button, and significantly easier wall jumping. Not to mention a ledge grab which trivializes any skilled platforming. The engine was made for Wario Land 4, which deals with those physics much better in its gameplay

I think if you do a Flip and jump at the same time it's a move, but I can't remember

HEY. WAIT A SECOND. I DON'T REMEMBER THIS

Well, since you asked so politely.

Reported.

Kidding. BTW

Maybe the manual you read was from a parallel universe.

It's a 2d game, but magical pop'n. It's fun to just do basic movement tasks because of how good movement feels.

I love Spyro, but the controls are nowhere near as good as in Mario 64. Spyro controls very stiffly, especially when you need him to walk slowly or get in very specific spots.

Every time I click on that video my qpus get misaligned and I have to watch the whole fucking thing.

Ok nevermind

>Spyro controls stiffly

W-what did he mean by this ✌

Now I need to build up speed to get back to my dimension! Help me user!

He means this

Subway is definitely better than Quiznos or Mr Sub.

Even though I like that game, it's worth mentioning that wall-jumping and space jumping are major pains if you accidentally cancel out of the spinning animation, as you can't get back into it unlike Fusion, Zero Mission or AM2R. You're better off playing Project Base or its derivative Hyper Metroid, which have those issues ironed out and are honestly some of the best-handling romhacks, if not the best-handling Metroids I've ever played.

we all need help, were all lost

Well you still got Mario Odyssey to look forward to.

I'll hesitantly say Quake because of all of its unintended movement tech allowing for some super-fluid and fast movement when you understand how to do it. It doesn't have the movement diversity of Mario 64 though, and I don't know of any game that does. Galaxy isn't a bad contender but allows a bit too much control thanks to the spin attack.

The Vita one does, it also becomes wheel-shaped and sausage-shaped for optimal collection.

Beat me to it. It's smooth as butter, and the animations are adorable.

rocket jump games tend to have some pretty astounding movement you can pull off. tf2 included.

Banjo Kazooie isn't even a platformer, it's a collectathon with bright colors and shit, but you do barely any platforming in it at all.

F-Zero GX, to me, has the best movement of any racing game I've played. At first it feels like you're piloting a flying bar of soap, but when you get good you realize that the controls are tight as fuck. There's noting better in the game than to take corners at insane speeds with hairpin precision, wish more racing games felt the same way.

Hel…LO!! You taken damage! Avoid to doong it lmol