Games set during/immediately after non-zombie disasters

Are there any others? I think it's pretty neat for a setting.

Other urls found in this thread:

game-time-kouryaku.blogspot.ca/2011/03/faq-3.html#more
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What happened? The TWINKpocalypse, lmao, emo faggggggsss!!!

Obviously SMT I.

Multiple fucking times in the same game, too.

Dying of Hunger , Exposure and Creepy Lesbians : The Game.

The ICBMs cause a time skip and it (plus the flood) is more of an apocalypse than a disaster. The very start, where demons start appearing and killing people, might count I guess.

That's the (renamed and americanized) version of 絶体絶命都市2. The third game is in the OP.

World is enveloped in a crazy fog that makes you lose your memory. Surviving humans formed underground societies and carry out missions topside for brief periods before the memory loss sets in.

My friend. It was Absolutely Americanized.
Who needs those ugly brownhaired gooks?
We're all blonde, blue eyed aryan gods now.

OH SAY CAN YOU SEE THIS IS AMERICA NOW
WE EAT CHEESE BURGERS, NOT RICEBALLS

I played Disaster: Day of Crisis and loved it, it was Metal Gear-esque as fuck. Too bad that we got freaking Wii Music over it because Reggie didn't thought that DDoC was good enough for an american release but Wii Music somehow was.

SMT Nocturne comes to mind.

That one ubisoft game that was presented at e3 that everybody creamed their pants about, then forgot, then it came out 3 years later and it was a fucking mess and nobody ever mentions it

Anybody know the name?
It's set in a big city

can't believe nobody mentioned but:
it's pretty cool, indie, been in development forever and can be massive mp

also what's up with people in this board and really old console games?

The Division?

>>>/summer/

Fuck your mother.

Note how the summerfag, in his anger, resorts to insults, knowing he's been found out.

The Division.

I didn't even bother to rent it.

That was a zombie disaster though, more or less.

Infamous

Most SMT games have non-zombie disasters as the setting, some exceptions include Strange Journey and Purse Owner.

They fall into "apocalypse" more than "disaster" though.

Also, God Hand and any Fist of the North Star game.

Mass Effect: Andromeda
the whole thing was a disaster

Does Metal Gear Solid 2 count?

It's not during or immediately after. Indeed there's no indication I remember the game doesn't just flat out take place on a badlands planet.

Good point

so, which one of these games is actually good, modern, and PC?

It wasn't the division you underaged faggots, this was much older

Found it

What's the second picture?

絶体絶命都市3

Thank you.

well howdy there samurai

here is a guide if you want to play it and don't know japanese;
game-time-kouryaku.blogspot.ca/2011/03/faq-3.html#more

Politically correct?

pick one

total warhammer crack never ever

Fark, that takes me back.

iirc there's a mod for new vegas that adds some similar mechanics like the pointing guns with no ammo to make people surrender and that.

Post apo fantasy and plague ridden city

SOS for the SNES or Septentrion as it's called in Japan.
It's pretty much the poseidon adventure the video game.

I haven't played strange journey but, wouldn't the Schwarzwelt count as a disaster?

Didn't Arino play this game ?

It's more like pre-apocalypse.

It was more a "incurable disease leads to mass human extinction" disaster. It doesn't follow the same trappings of a zombie event; the shades are all sapient and working towards a clear if not necessarily possible goal, and killing the Shadowlord was really the main catalyst that allowed the Scrawl to run unchecked and kill off the rest of the replicants.
now why the hell has this not been mentioned yet

Creeper world is surprisingly fun. I thought it was shit at first but gave it a go and was pleasantly surprised.

I find it funny that DeSu2 has the better gameplay but there is something that makes it less engaging than DeSu.

I assume it's bad plot and No memorable team members and goddamned F.A.T.E. system. Retarded answers to raise levels didn't helped it either.

I keep forgetting just how immediately after the apocalypse Days of Ruin is.

Pervert!

It's that the main group is stuck working for a group that has plentiful supplies and secure shelter most of the second game. You spend most of DeSu1 desperate while everyone tries to kill eachother and DeSu2 on the offense

SMT4 was better than this tripe to be quite honest kindred.

The FATE is just the social links, the problem is that DeSu2 takes the worst of Persona and somehow makes it shittier. I think the worst part of it is it how it doesn't affect the story. The Main Story plays as if none of the FATE events occurred.
Also, in DeSu the characters are not busy sucking the MCs dick, DeSu 2 everyone is gay for you. I don't really mind that the group is sheltered by the JPs but we should have being recruits from day one. Like, there should be a bigger focus on the human conflict created by Polaris. The game's biggest flaw is being centered around interaction between the characters and leaving the Story as a side thing. Most of what you do is irrelevant to the story.

Calling Makoto a pervert was worth it.

I would argue against that, DeSu2 are good on the gameplay department but have shit story. IV&APO fail in every department

No, see, this is why the muh gameplay is everything argument only gets you so far. Everything about SMTIV was heh, but at least it knew what franchise it was a part of, execution just left a lot to be desired. DeSu2 feels like it was an add-on campaign done by a bunch of middle school kids. It's an insult. You might take some points off SMTIV because it had mainline status to live up to, but disappointing and mediocre beats insulting and in direct, proud opposition to what it should be about.

Fallout 3 and I believe 4.

Fumi a best

If you have to ask then please leave

I don't suppose STALKER is worth noting as a game with a pre-apocalypse setting where you're at the epicenter of the disaster that's about to claim the world.

Man that game is fucking insane

It's a game based on saving people but you probably only save like 5 people out of a city of millions

That mechanic was in MGS though

Total Warhammer is also a pre-apocalypse game

no, stalker isn't worth mentioning in any sense.

Thea is pretty good, but hardly apocalyptic
if anything is fantasy

What do?

Mould her into the perfect waifu. Is it still grooming if you wait till she's legal?

I want this post to be ironic but I know better than this.

Tenderly raise and threesome with Christmas Cake

I don't remember this. Was this added in overclocked?

apocalypse isn't a disaster, it's something else.

Only the first pic is from the Triangulum arc. I never bothered to get past the first day in the original version of DeSu2 because Record Breaker got announced the day I started, but the other pictures are found in that original half. You just gotta go peep with Daichi and Joe when you are being examined and you'll see this.

I did. Still don't remember any of this.

Reverse image search only finds 3DS sized shots and a Nipponese post that also doesn't remember it being in the DS version.

Well I guess that answers that question. What happens in the DS version then?

The dialong is the same but in the Origialn DS version you get a blackscreen. The fanservise portraits are a RB thing only

What did he mean by this?

Gotcha. However, your filename is wrong, after all, he didn't throw Ronaldo out of a helicopter in any path nor did he make pic related the center of a breeding program

Smh.

Oh that hits the spot. Once again, thanks Hitler. Have one of the only good tracks from it's sequel

The first Danganronpa was good, but they changed the protagonist in 2 so I never tried it. Also it doesn't really "feel" like it's set in a post apocalypse.