PC Hardware thread

Post good games that justify good hardware. I've never really played new and power hungry games, but now im thinking that's just because i can't with my shit rig.

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/HCLMQV
pcpartpicker.com/product/4QNypg/team-vulcan-8gb-2-x-4gb-ddr4-2400-memory-tlgd416g2400hc14dc01
pcpartpicker.com/product/hMBv6h/corsair-memory-cmd8gx3m2b2800c12
pcpartpicker.com/products/memory/#sort=price&s=402800&Z=8192002
archive.is/9oxp2
archive.is/SURIN
blurbusters.com/
pcpartpicker.com/list/ztfKQV
pcpartpicker.com/list/hJttYr
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LithTech#LithTech_Jupiter_EX
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Dark Souls 3
Total War Warhammer
Prey

Nier Automata
Really, top hardaware is only needed if you to future proof or to forcefuck a game with mods.

Metro 2033 is one of the few games that I've encountered that shits itself without parallel threads

4phys core Xeon + K4000 plays like a dream
2phys core i3 + 960GT is still a shaky bitch

OP said good games.

OP said JUSTify

Those games justify top hardware so you can play them in 4K 60FPS

Dark Souls 3 is a good game
Why are you pretending like it isn't?

Is the new Prey any good?

Haven't personally played any games that justify having good hardware.

Just a bunch of shit games , a bunch of medicore-yet extremely non optimized games AND 2D games that make my card literally cry in pain when I try to run them.

You fucking what?

Sure that game exists? Google gives nothing. Either it's horribly optimized or the CPU is the issue

Sorry.
Okhlos : Omega

The game has a serious memory leak issue, coupled with the "it looks like it's 2D but it's really 3D!" rendering nonsense causes it to shit itself after 30 minutes of playing.

GTA IV with mods

>NO! I MUST BUILD A 500 WATT LIKE THE CONSUMER WHORE I AM

Host an arma 3 server for your buddies and make missions whit a shit ton of enemies and objectives with mods that improve AI, you can get some really funny situations with this setup.

Unless you're a basement dweller without any friends.

Some of us actually want more than 30 fps with everything maxed out. Why dont do us a favor and you quit paying for internet you consumer whore.

My fucking acer can't run yooka laylee in lowest settings. Fuck this shitty game being horrible unity show.

You've probably already checked but are you sure it isn't just overheating? In my experience that's the largest cause of performance issues on just about anything: laptop, desktop or console the opening a console to clean it out probably violets some form of jewish warranty.

Sure if all you wanna play is indie trash; then yeh, laptops can run everything.

That should be 'though opening' and 'violates', of course.

Modern electronics are designed to burn out from dust and gunk build up.
From computers to house fans. They all now come with little stickers that say "No user yadda yadda parts, opening will void warrenty"

Every time I go over to my parents I'm cleaning their shit and keeping it functioning, while my Sister wants to just throw out a perfectly good, but dirty fan.

You're a good goy, aren't you?

Kill self.

Did you just call the entire pre-2007 PC game library "indie trash"?

it's not, but it's not really worth wasting much time with. only a handful of good "classic" PC games.

Nu-DOOM
That's about all I've got in terms of games that aren't at least 5 years old.

Kill yourself

NuDoom is trash

Oh yeah, Arma 3 OP

hmmm

nah not worth my time

>A 500 WATT

Honestly that would not surprise me, the 360 was notoriously prone to overheating.

You're a retard, even if you stick to only the well-known PC shit from pre-2007 you'd be hard pressed not to find enough to fill up a good few years of your time. Throw in mods and go hunting for more obscure stuff (maybe even emulation of older console titles) and you'll never be out of shit to play.

they aren't designed for it, but it does just happen inherently. A lot of older electronics were passively cooled, but as the need for more power in consumer technology increased, the need for cooling did too, and as you can imagine, the cheaper cooling solutions aren't exactly built to last.

I certainly wouldn't have gotten a better card for it but Crysis 3 sure makes for a nice show with a decent fps tacked on to it.
The Metro games and Dude Sex are also games that look pretty slick though right now usermade mods are probably the things that will demand the resources for actual enhancements like more objects, object interaction, increased npc presence and the likes.
Game that gives the 4K meme the finger and actually uses the modern power to outdo FEAR in terms of object interaction when?

My GPU sometimes stops working. I'll be playing a game and then suddenly the screen will go black, but I can hear the game's music through my headphones, and I can sometimes continue to interact with the game by pressing buttons. Card is relatively new, only had it for a few months now. This only seems to happen during graphically intensive games. What the hell? Do I need to set a better fan profile? My card tends to get hot, somewhere in the 85-90 degree range. If not that, then am I just fucked?

yeah, there's a lot of shit, emphasis on shit. Everyone would rather be playing good games, not dozens of texty, half-assed tabletop adaptation "crpg."

mods are novel, but rarely have any polish that gives any game an extra edge in how enjoyable it is. obscure stuff? yeah go play some action forms shooters lol you'll love your time with them. or maybe chrome lmao

yeah, was gonna suggest the same! Console games are actually worth playing, but being a nigger is always embarrassing to admit to.

Laptop user's a faggot but there's no cure for retardation this severe.

tbh you probably could get by with just a laptop these days considering the only high end games are console ports

My 8320e and 380 4GB plays everything I wanted to play very well on 1080p. I see no point upgrading for a long time. Besides, the last all time classic game ever made for me was Demons Souls, and that was on a PS3.

Still running a 290x since they came out. Is there anything out there that I would need to upgrade to play? Almost everything in the last 2 years has been shit, so pretty much playing older games to clear out my backlog.

290 here, nah.

You got a lemon, RMA it.

Still running a dieing fx8350 and a r9 285.

wii/gamecube/ps2 emulators at 4k

Playing semantics now I see.
There are plenty of games besides crpgs and you can't write off the entire sub-genre just because you don't like reading.
You're retarded, there are plenty of great mods, some with at least as much polish as the game they're based on. Third Age: Total War, for example.

E3 always brings faggots like you out of the woodwork. Fuck off back to halfchan or wherever it is you came from.

I'm not buying into the 4k meme until we can do better than 60fps. who the fuck wants to look at 60fps all day?

This is the first time I've ever seen this type of argument. You've convinced me user, I'm selling off my PC today for an Xbone and all those exclusives it has.

What is your monitors refresh rate and res?
A great GPU isn't really worth it for 1080p @ 60 fps but 1440p at 144 fps is sexy as fuck and is going to take some power.
As for CPU if you are playing CPU limited games you will know it, I have been looking at replacing my 3930k recently but I'm not a fan of baby steps and nothing doubles it's single core performance making an upgrade pointless IMO.

On a related note I would love to see shit like webm related take off but I can't see it happening in the multi-plat environment.

Anyone has any idea when amd will release their next GPU's? I bought a 1440p 144hz FreeSync screen and I have still no hardware to use it with. Thee fucking faggots better hurry the fuck up.

Winter and it looks really disappointing

It's pretty intensive

Rate my new pc please.
pcpartpicker.com/list/HCLMQV

Now imagine the combat

Muh dick, I'd kill to see improved dust,water and fire effects like this

Looks alright aside from the WD Blue, if you go with a HDD you want a Black or something similar since Blues are great for mass storage iirc not as a main drive.
Personally I'd also ditch the driver and get a Soundcard but your mileage may vary depending on your needs.

Polite sage for double post

college student living with mother here. She's stubborn and doesn't want to move the wifi box out of her room despite only using wireless as well. Still I get 3MB download speed so i can't complain.

Fuck me, I've been using WD blue as a main drive for 3 years

Disregard if actually planning to do multithreading heavy shit

Polite sage for being a nitpicking bastard.

In addition to (at least user didn't get a Segate).

I'm running a 8320 and R9 290 (about a year or so upgrade from a 280X). Fuck PSP.

I don't know much about motherboards. I thought this was good. What do you recommend. What frequency ram should I go for? I didn't want to spend too much on RAM and didn't know that meant much over. How's this ram?
pcpartpicker.com/product/4QNypg/team-vulcan-8gb-2-x-4gb-ddr4-2400-memory-tlgd416g2400hc14dc01

Speaking of PSP, how does your 8320 hold up these days? That was back when AMD was still shit and "moar cores" didn't actually cut it. I can't imagine it's very good now with how poorly optimized games are. Can you even play Dwarf Fortress without catching fire?

I apologize in advance for my English

Honestly, I'd change the Card, the Hard drive, and the Power supply. You don't need 600+ watts outside of an SLI or Crossfire config, the hard drive is rather pitiful in terms of storage capacity, and unless you're planning on doing 4k gaming, that GTX 1080 is just unnecessary.

If you're willing to overclock, I'd say that the FX processors are still relevant. Otherwise, not really. I just hope that recent talk of AMD being more open with the PSP's code is more than just hot air.

t. FX-6300 user.

It's not that, it's the power consumption that kills me. 125W, 220W, shit's insane. Meanwhile Intel was sitting at 65W at the time. Ryzen is the first time AMD's managed to get a modern 65W chip.

Might just be me being paranoid after frying an AM3+ mobo with a 8350 but I'd go with the cheapest x370 that isn't MSI/Gigabyte

That's where it gets complicated, Ryzen has bad support for anything above 3000Mhz, but it does still benefit from going that high, so I'd say 2800Mhz is a good number to aim for but that ain't cheap.
pcpartpicker.com/product/hMBv6h/corsair-memory-cmd8gx3m2b2800c12
Also sucks that crucial somehow has no good offering on a good bit of the high frequency range because they usually are the cheapest good gbrand.

How about advice.
I post in the Vanquish thread.

Would a 1070 be bottlenecked by a i7-2600k ?
If it is would upping the clock speed to 4.2 solve it, or would an upgrade make more sense ?

I would prefer to never have to fuck with Windows 10 ever an honestly I probably never will, I refuse to use it just due to Microshafts arrogance.

2600k will be a bottleneck. Wait and see if intels new cpus are shit or not, otherwise get ryzen and you wont be bottlenecked.

>pcpartpicker.com/product/hMBv6h/corsair-memory-cmd8gx3m2b2800c12
The fuck Am I doing that's not the right thing
pcpartpicker.com/products/memory/#sort=price&s=402800&Z=8192002

What about 1440p at 120 fps? I wanted a bit of futureproofing and i figured that in a a year of two the gtx 1080 wouldn't be able to run every game at 4k at 120 fps. I might go for a Toshiba HDD since a few anons here are recommending it. Maybe 3 TB

Doesn't look too bad. I figured it would be alot more expensive.

it's worth looking into linux then, i think a lot of people will start accepting the w10 cock when support is dropped for w7.
with newer cpus running 7/10 in a vm is a very realistic option if you just want to have it for a few games, then do everything else on linux.

i wish pcie 4 would release already so i can start planning a full upgrade.

a poorly optimized game by the nips as usual because they just can't into PC, doesn't justify a good rig not that the PS4 version had any stable performance and framerate either

because it's hip and cool to pretend that every popular game that came out after the 2000s/2005 is trash

so no one ever made any games within the last decade? maybe they were better before, and there may be shitty ones right now, but that doesn't justify ignoring a whole decade

i7 6700k, GTX 1070, 16 GB of Ram here.

How many years in your opinion before I will probably need to upgrade? I'm throwing money away for that day.

Monitoring the thread, I'm a noob when it comes to PCs but I need to build one in order to have a 3DSMax machine by September

Man I wanna go home and play league.

I had this extremely funny game (eventho we lost, because carries weren't able to follow the team) in which I made everyone Shitpost. It started rather bad for my lane because the enemy had a strong early game champ while my laning partner was a strong late game champ (he had real troubles farming). So they thought they could tilt us by telling us things like "You suck xDDD"; and I am quoting.
But we managed it to outplay them soon enough and everytime we won a fight against them I simply wrote "You suck xxxxxxxddddddd".
At some point my whole team was spamming this everytime something happened.
Midlaner didn't last-hit a minion -> "I suck XDddd"
Top-Laner didn't get any ganks -> "Jungle sucks XDddd"
Enemy gets killed -> "You suck XDddd"
We were spamming the shit out of our enemies and my lane opponents were rather angry because of this. But at some point their team started Shitposting as well.
But like I said, we lost. We sucked xDDDDdfdd

Currently the only reason to have top of the line hardware is for VR meme and doing 4K unless you are emulating.

Its literally one autist, but yeah summer is up and 4cucks now forces you to buy a pass to post.

Fuck I miss the late 90s/Early 00s

Emulation is the best reason to build a powerful PC. Who the fuck want's to buy a Wii U? Also, playing games at 1440p at 100hz is nice.

How much did it cost you as a whole? I mean, with the case, the motherboard, cooling etc?

I keep trying to buy these parts but It's always way more expensive that it should be

Now if they did it right in the first place no one would of had to upgrade to play it, but i'm enjoying Arkham Knight.
If you go into it knowing it's mostly about the Batmobile the races are pretty fun.

This Webm is not that great since I was still getting used to the drift. You can beat the whole game without ever drifting once, but it's a necessity if your doing the challenge races.

Why not itx?
Rate this.
I'm still waiting on an itx mobo that isn't bioshit, but this is more or less what the final build would be. Also, are these specs ok for 3D workstation build (unreal, blender, photoshop, possibly zbrush). Takes about 336w and it says that the H7 doesn't fit inside the corev1, but that's bullshit.

Good goy.

enjoy your 8gb tops of hbm2
apparently it's not really gonna do anything to make nvidia nervous
unless every dev suddenly comes out with vulkan support

Rate?

I'm not going to pretend I like it, but unfortunately if I want to gamedev with all the powers I have to upgrade.
What's wrong with seagate?

Probably not going to buy it, I have to find a way to get Education or Enterprise somehow.

why would you buy a 1700X? why not OC a 1700?

Since you work for your money, that's even more reason not to blow your money like an idiot.

I haven't had to upgrade my pc for 5 years, git fucking gud, nerds.

Pretty reasonable, look into AMD stuff, they are surpassing intel nowadays.

I haven't been following the new CPUs that much but wouldn't the Ryzen 5 1500X be better?

They are not. Not until games start utilizing more than 4 cores anyway.
If you're into rendering, video, photoshop or whatever then AMD is great bang for your buck at the moment. Just not for gaming or emulation.

I'm more into this than gaming, and gaming would ruin my productivity I think

I never had a real home mounted PC so I'm kind of lost here, but the $1040 seems a good choice for now

Oh wise enlightened anons of money saving, please pass on your knowledge on to this unworthy fool!
What can I save on then and how?

Is there really no advantage whatsoever besides the stock clock being higher?

They're the same chips, just binned differently. Maybe not even binned differently, but just marketed differently.

Sad thing is the i5 will probably still do better in most current games.

That's an average price for cases.

Hey, it's not a bad price. Also PSU placed in the bottom, the objectively best spot for it..

i played assassin's shit black flag on a core 2 duo, 2 gigs of RAM ddr2,and a 4gb DDR3 GPU (gt 630 i believe)
all on low settings with 0-20 fps
upgraded 2 years ago, and now i get triggered when my framerate drops to 45
git gud faggot, mine wasn't even a gaming PC

I have no clue what I should buy to upgrade my 6 year old graphics card. The two that are in my price range are; EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 and ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1060
With the 1060 I can use the cash I save to get more ram, but if I get the 1070 I'm just stuck with the 8gb of ram I already have.

isn't 8 gigs enough?
what's your CPU?

What the literal fuck, I got mine for 25

Don't overspend on new tech bro. a $200 card is more than enough to get you by with enough money saved to upgrade it in another 3-4 years compared to buying the lates shit at 2x the price and will be outdated in 6mo anyways.

i5 might, but in two or three years it won't. FX 8350 was getting its ass kicked in modern games when it came out, and 4 years later it was actually somewhat decent, at least considering the price.

I think some of you miss the point, Intel has people on an endless upgrade cycle of

They've strung people along like this for a while. First it was
A year later it was
Today it's

The more cores you get, the less you have to spend on CPU upgrades. And that means you have more money to spend on a graphics card.

If you get a 6 core Ryzen, you're set for the next 5 years easily. Which means instead of spending $500 on a new motherboard and CPU because you need more cores, you can take that money and buy a much better graphics card.

Best thing to do right now is a Ryzen 1600. You won't have a reason to upgrade that CPU in the next 5 years, let alone find yourself struggling to play games.

Not to mention tech media is completely pozzed. Tom's Hardware is owned by Purch, which is an advertising agency with Intel as a client. I would be a little more skeptical of what you guys read about what CPU to buy on big sites.

archive.is/9oxp2

Oh, look at this, anandtech and Tom's hardware are all clients for Purch
archive.is/SURIN

Intel Core i7-2600K

Mein Neger

Least reliable HDDs ever made and it seems to only get worse everytime the release newer models.

Take a 1060 but save the money for a mobo+CPU upgrade instead of buying DDR3 that's completely overpriced and won't have any use very soon..

Tear me a new one.

DDR4 will be outdated soon, DDR3 is almost same performance as DDR4 at half the cost.

Did you not read the post? They both have 4 cores. I doubt Hyperthreading will make a huge difference. Ryzen doesn't really overclock very well. Doesn't break 4ghz easily, and the powerdraw gets a little silly.

I actually bought a quad-core over 8 years ago when people were saying they were useless. Thing lasted me fucking ages.
Right now it's just less clear where things are gonna go. You can't just magically multithread a game further and further, and devs are gonna have to take into account that people are still stuck with mostly quad-cores, seeing as how Intel kept ramming them down our throats, pretending the added IGP wasn't a waste of silicon budget.

This meme needs to die.

all jokes aside that's still a fine rig

I did read the post. My point is it's a lot better to spend the extra money on a Ryzen 6 core, I don't think the Ryzen quad cores are a very good buy.

People have been saying that it's not clear where things are going to go, those extra cores are a waste since the first dual core CPUs came out. Eventually they get used, the first game engine that uses all those cores is going to win a lot of developers over.

Alright thanks for the advice

maybe try looking into a 1060 and save some money your CPU shouldn't have much trouble tho,
and as said
don't spend too much on some high-end GPU except if you're gonna play on multi screen and all that shit
i play on a 970 and it fares pretty well, never overclocked it since buying it, so a 1060 should be plenty

pretty similar user

user you're getting me salty

No problem here, maybe get an SSD if you have the bucks. It does make for a nice speed boost.

i5-2500k@ 3.30 GHZ (4 CPUs)
8 GB Ram
GTX 580

I built this pc like half a decade ago and I can still play every game that I want. However, it is showing its age now.

I'm thinking about upgrading the video card to a 1070, but I think I'll wait until the next card after 1080 shows up. That way the price can hopefully drop a bit. I was looking at the latest intel cpus and there wasn't a big enough gap in performance to justify upgrading. The ram is fine. I have 2 more slots for 16 GB, but my computer won't recognize the extra 8GB for some reason. I thought the ram sticks were defective, but I've since used them to swap out the sticks that were being recognized.

was going to buy an SSD with my PC, but took a 2 Tb external drive instead
is an SSD really worth it? i don't have any experience with them, but i've been considering saving some money for one

They are.

I'm getting a GTX 1050Ti next month

I have a i5-4600, 8GB of RAM, but an old 500GB HDD of 7200RPM.
My monitor is quite old, it has 1440x900 max.

How decently could I run Nier: Automata?

As long as you're not the kind of person who literally can't control their HDD space usage yeah it's worth it especially with how the price came down over the years.

nvme or bust

is this a joke user?

Yeah absolutely, you can get a Samsung SSD 120G for a hundred bucks and throw your OS and any other services you always run on there.
If your board supports omitting shitty splashscreens you can get to the point where suspending it or shutting it down are equal in the time it gets to start the PC from there.

Might as well post my specs as well Don't drink and shop guys

I got a 4TB HDD/SSD combo laying around and a blu-ray drive with some cancerous proprietary software I don't want to deal with. When I first got the parts to my PC my folks decided to visit me and my dad butted in trying to "help" me (he's senile) even though I made some decent progress but fucked it all up so I had to take it to some cunt to rectify what he did because I was exhausted at that point, fuck my family, /blogpost.

heh

thanks for the bump

u r whats wrong wid dis world…

Wait, so you got that stuff but haven't installed it?

I installed the blu-ray drive and fucking hate it for the CyberLink shit it needs to run in its media player but not the SSD because I don't know where my SATA cable is in this fucking mess and I'm looking up tutorials right now.

Why would anyone ever install a blueray player on their PC?

People watch bluerays on a tv, a monitor is too small to be watching blueray movies from.

Also, regarding the SSD, its literally 2 fucking cords you just plug in, the sata power, and the sata data cable, the only real pain is finding a place to mount the drives.

Also

Nigger, 1070 + 8GB of RAM is exactly what I have and I never needed more RAM for anything I ever ran on this PC.

Just get it over with, it won't take long and the effect will be immediate

Not necessarily targeted at you, but if you are building a PC with 8GB of ram this year, consider getting high speed stuff which you can double to 16gb because 8gb has been standard for years and will likely be moved on from in the coming years.

I have a free slot so I can double if I need to. I was just saying that 8GB is enough for now unless you do some intensive multitasking. I know I'll have to upgrade to 16GB in a few years.

8gb won't be enough in two years, sort of like how a 2500k would be a really bad purchase right now.

Even simple things like color used to mean something back then.

Maybe I'm lucky. After so many years this one still runs on one. What other brand is good? Should I go for Western Digital?

Yeah, dude, built quality and features add up to the price. Pcpartpicker gives me 9 results for cases under $25 compared to 29 pages of the rest.

>>>/leftyweebpol/

I've had 0 issues of Seagate in 20 years of use.

Never been disappointed with Hitachi, Toshiba or WD outside of WD green and a few rebadged WD blue that actually are WD green

Consider yourself a lucky man.

I had about 5 seagate hdds fail me and only 1 WD but the WD died suddenly on boot, while the seagates gave me warnings a week in advance, i personally prefer the samsung brand.

Holding out that my mobo/cpu won't die any time soon. It runs most things well.

Look at this motherfucker. Have barely had time to really screw with it yet. And the fucking 34 inch monitor was $1.4k shekels. Plus the Vive VR.

Problem is, when you have to work like a nigger, you BUY what was in your NEED daydreams but you don't actually have time to use it.

NEET daydreams of course…

I'd say your solid on everything but for the AMD. I know, if your mind is set no one is going to change it, but make sure you buy yourself a good $50shekel toolkit along with it because you will be needing it. And that' assuming you know enough to repair it, which few do. Even if you need to wait a few month, WAIT, and get a better quality processor. The motherboard is fine, they're interchangeable. The dives fine, you might want to go up to a 500 SSD bc you'll be shocked a sshit how quickly the memory goes.
The Zotac 1070..again, not going to talk you out of it but…it's like me, 2 christmas ago I badly wanted an OLED screen. It as 1.5k, 55 inches. I said to mysel f"oh, fuck it, if anything they'll LOWER IT after christmas!" I woke up day after christmas, and I shit you not, the motherfuckers had RAISED IT $1000 (!!!). The must have just gotten their order for OLED glass from apple that very fucking day, so up by $1000.

Another one you might wan tot consider waiting on to get a titan and see how prices move.

IMO, you're only real issue that could genuine bit you in the ass is the AMD, but sure you think you know what you are doing, maybe you are, but I have never trusted them.

Honestly, seeing as Intel is about reached their limits with both performance and node size improvements, and seeing as AMD is still struggling just to match their current processors, I'd say we're FINALLY getting to the point of the PC industry that the automotive industry reached in the mid 1980s where its going to be a very long time between significant efficiency improvements from here on out. A good MPG Japanese shitbox from the 80s is still a solid daily driver today 30 years later. I'd say a top of the line PC built today could maybe last you 15 years or even more. And I am judging this based on the fact a lot of people still game on a Core 2 Quad from 2007, which was a decade ago. A modern i7 will last you a really, really long time

I'm going to add here, for anyone thinking of buying a new, big, 4k screen, don't. Apple's OLED for phone (and if they bring it out for IPAD) is going to completely change game.

I despise apple as much as anyone since I can't open the fucker up and see how the Jews are ripping me off. But I use an iPad (was free with my job). I compare my apple iPad to my $1.5 shekel , 34" 4k screen user comparison, even without the old appleipad just blows it away. Same with apple iPad (and it's over 2 yrs old) and apple MacBook (about 3 yrs old).

It's going to be like the 4k TV revolution, all of a sudden, as OLED comes out, you're going to see monitor prices go to shit. Which will be good for people who want to set up…6 4k monitors or whatever. It won't be able to hold up against OLED simple because even to average joe sixpack waiting to watch his favorite back of niggers on asunder, the difference is just unmistakeable.

OLEDs still have terrible burn in. And that one 8K display Dell released recently has the entire Adobe RGB Color space so contrast really isn't an issue with IPS panels anymore either. Apples OLEDs wont change jack shit. We've had high resolution OLED panels for the past several years now. And the displays themselves aren't even manufactured by Apple, they're manufactured by Samsung

I couldn't even heat one room of my house with that piddly shit.

wtf man, i don't want to give in and give shekels to nvidia for a 1060 6gb
**sage for kinda offtopic*

this. this the reason I waited for so long and then pulled the trigger and bought what seemed like an outrageous amount of shit at the time, but I knew it was going to last me a long fucking time.

The monitor? I'll need to change and I completely forget to get a decent sound card. Other than that, I think I'm pretty well set for 8-10 years, unless VR takes some giant leap no one can forsee.

In my shitty opinion, for what it's worth, don't mess about with AMD, just get a decent, known quantity you know is going to last you.

We'll see user. I trust the apple buying department since they have the most vicious, scheming, goldman-sachs jews working for them. For the price of OLED glass to be driven up so much in ONE FUCKING NIGHT to have added an extra $1k to an already built OLED product already for sale on amazon, something is going on. Especially for it to happen on Boxing Day. What the fuck goes up in price–let alone by that much–on boxing day??

When the official specs come out, we'll see, but I think apple has stumbled into something revolutionary as far as how OLED can be used and are sitting on it. I wouldn't have even known had I hot been planning on buying the 55" LG OLED and watch it shoot up by 1 k overnight.

Question- does anyone have a Titan or one of the Newer NVIDIA graphics cars, updated and suddenly notice the thing went to shit? IT was a bit fucked up to big with, but I got it at 98FPS (meant to do 140 fps in overdrive, but rarely need that fucking speed).

Now I'm stuck at…60fps. Yes, 60. Can call the company or try the line, they are wastes of life. perhaps reinstall entire fucking thing, all i really have on there are my games saved via steam.

Every–without fail–every, every time these cocksuckers run an update, they blow it. Is anyone else having this? I was on a border iwht some other people with titans (some are graphics engineers,, etc..) ad all are very fucking pissed that these scumbums can't get their act together when it comes to update. And the fuckign update isn't even "voluntary." if you walk away from the computer to take a piss, next thing you know, it has initiated the update.

So know I', stick at 60 fps..

Game looks like shit, it only requires good hardware because gooks can't into PC.

should have bought amd :^)

Since we're talking about PC hardware, what temps do you guys keep your computers at during idle and full load?
When do you say it's time to upgrade pieces of your hardware, when graphical artifacts appear?

above 80c under load is not good, above 90c is bad

idle doesn't really matter but it can indicate problems

if you're getting artifacting something's already busted

There's literally a checkbox to turn this off and it doesn't even install without your permission.

I'd say rollback and STFU but you bought a Titan so there's no chance of you getting a fucking clue.

AMD? Kek, I looked into it throughly, the reports… fuck I had access that most people don't get re: graphic processors and other components. AMD, at least now, is NOT something you want touch. Now in TVS, even though it tends not to come out with a "high rating," LG was seen to score amazingly well.

how did I get access to such things? I was working for…something which was a franchise to be turned into a game, and I was asked (for a decent see) to touch up the dialogue. So, ben a fan of such things, I asked to see everything related to performance on consoles, PCs, with various graphics cards, etc..

Now, should emphasize this was only single game, etc, etc.. and if the jew lawyers behind this knew who I was..I can't speak for all AMD products, can't even speak for AMD processors other than those tested with the game in development.

Believe me or not, I'd actually kind of rather you didn't believe me. In fact, I'm a ranting, raving lunatic, take all I said as made up, complete trash from the fantasies of a lunatic. For those who have worked in the vdya industry and have stories similar to mine..well, pure coincidence goyim.

as badly as they suck, for now, my advice, stick with intel. And now here comes, I know the script already: "jew, shill for intel, etc, ect.." As the saying went in to the GULAGs, "I sell it to you for what I paid for it…

are you having a stroke or are you just larping

thx man

yes, you got me. It's pure fucking laziness, not my 14-16 hour work days 6 days a week, my sundays 10-5, etc.. It's all my laziness. You resentful NEET motherfuckers, I'd like to see you spend a single week keeping my fucking schedule and see how fast you run.

Furthermore, if you had followed the story, the system locked up, lost all my fucking settings, and thus NOTHING was preserved. But let's say it had, would that have mattered? Highly doubtful, as the new Titan NVIDA updates have completely rearranged the shit from where it had previously been.

It's fucking amazing. I read people like you, then I read (or in my case listen at gym to Solzhenitsyn's "Gulag Archipelago." You are the VERY SAME resentful losers at the bottom of the social ladder, the drunkards, the thieves, the parasites, the swine, who the jews would have chosen as the "rabble to be roused"and tear down the homes of the "kulaks."

"See, they have MORe than you do, they are a class enemy, they only got it because of their "class (insert WHITE) privilege, that's really your's, go get it! The very same rabble, scum of the earth being urged on by THE VERT GSAME JEWS!!!

Mine usually idles at around 25-30 and it hits around 60c on full load. That being said, I have a stock cooler and I haven't replaced my thermal paste in almost 2 years. I'll replace my stuff when I can't run modern games on high at at least 60 FPS.

really hoping you're just trolling
if not, seek psychiatric help man, that's Phil Fish's level lunacy right there

oh you're just a narcissist

nothing you're writing is interesting to anyone else here, just so you know

don't take your meaning. Is the text showing up all disjointed? If iso, it's due to me reinstalling my OS to try to fix my NVIDA to get back up to 100fps, thus I'm using an od raspberry pi nigger-rigged to a 2006 TV (first year to have hdmi) with a rolled out keyboard.

OK, let's take that as a given. I let you diagnose me without ever meeting me, which is one the first rules for a poor clinician.

Now, your turn. Give me..hoe about 3, just 3 things that are wrong with you that you think you could change.I'm the narcissist, as you said, so obviously YOU must have things at the ready you are actively working on for yourself.

So, what are they?

your writing is disjointed, you're including a lot of worthless information, and you're talking about yourself like you're the only thing you know

i thought you might have some sort of brain damage that ruined your ability to interface with the world, but i guess malignant narcissism is close enough

You as well. You've sat here telling me all tat is wrong with me. What about you? What's wrong with you? I'm going to assume you hope to improve the same of the world?

Start with yourself. You already gave my faults. What are your faults?

Did you guys miss 898220 making like a dozen threads talking about his purchases? This guy spent $7,000 on a prebuilt workstation and when people laugh at his goodest goy behaviour goes on autistic rants with Romanian sayings peppered in.

I'm honestly surprised /cow/ hasn't jumped in at this point.

LMAO, we're talking about YOU. This is how you know you're talking to an ideologue and not a real person. It's that that he won't, he is simply INCAPABLE of talking about himself.

We're not talking me me. YOU. YOU. YOU. give me 3 things wring with YOU….

i could be asleep instead of talking to an idiot

i'm gonna do that, actually

you should read fewer self-help books

Because you are incapable of seeing yourself as the real laughingstock that you are. You have such a fragile self-image,it shatters into a million pieces with just one word of truth, as Solzhenitsyn said. Amazingly, you always behave true to form.

STILL cannot do it. I let you rip into e over and over, didn't swear at you. Give me THREE THINGS wrong with you. You are incapable. You are caught up in your "ideologue mode."

Now you are searching for a way to get a reread without mortifying yourself too much.

Solzhenitsyn

We have a real genius here

For real man, seek psychiatric help
I'm out, i don't want to continue to feed the delusions of a crazy man
Or a troll, same thing

And how you will beat you inglorious retreat.

Would you like to see how to burn away the deadwood, which makes up about 95% of the external you have built up around yourself?

Here's how you start. Solzhenitsyn, "Live not by Lies." If you were living as an honest person you would not shrivel up like a retile when asked for 2 elements of self-criticism, HONEST self-criticism. You cannot do it. You're n ideologue with an entire life built around false ideology. I know it's false, and so do you, which is why you refuse to answer.

LIVE NOT BY LIES

The same retort. In med school, we are taught that when a person repeats such a thing over and over, when it actually means id that they are questioning their own sanity.

Where do you live? I'm in med-school in Boston, we're holding clinical trials for depression, schizophrenia, and several other things. Consider stopping by. The notices are in all the university papers, just check the papers. Best wishes,

Ok bro.

Lastly– you must have written..I dob't know, can't be bothered counting….7-10 times suggesting that another person "seek psychological help. On an ANONYMOUS message board which is, for all intentions purposes, a messed to yourself since no one here knows you or even what nation you're in.

Consider it user– you have, essentially–from your unconscious–sent a message to your unconscious to SEEK PSYCHOLOGICAL HELP." You don't care about some random person on the net. You are afraid of YOURSELF and telling YOURSELF in the only safe way you know how to seek help for yourself.

If you read this again (I promise you will), look at your own reaction. When someone agreed to his own faults, acknowledged them, what was your only reaction? You keep insisting that he had MORE. When he acknowledged those, as well, and then asked you to acknowledged THREE of YOUR OWN faults, you FLAT OUT REFUSED.

This is a mark of Stalin. This a mark of true psychopathy. You are incredibly milling to point numerous shortcomings in others, but yourself? NEVER. You're a dangerous person user, and I son't mean that lightly. No, I haven't mean toy one-on-one and no chance to apply clocks intuition to you, you are definitely a dangerous human being. You refuse to acknowledge any faults (making you a narcissistic, which is curious as that is what you tried to call me) and you have no capability engage people in a person-to-person discussion, your eyes glaze over and you turn into ideologue.

I encourage anyone her to read him over, read this interaction. Her is ver happy at first, as he called me meaningless epithets, put then as soon I did something like ask it for 3 of its own faults, it froze, behaved EXACTLY according to post-modern dictum which is "never engage is dialogue."

THEN, when they realize that have lost and have no way out, then accuse YOU of needing psych help (II have 2 diff medical degrees but that's irrelevant because these types DO NOT BELIEVE IN SCIENCE).

Fucking scariest part is that this inane shit is fucking seeping into GAMING boards. Recall perform Holla Forums harbor and sakissian hand brianna "Literraky who?" Wu? I imagine once I mage a decent amount of shekels I could bury myself in vidya…I was wrong…it's infect even here…

When you are a mod–or when you grow your first page, whichever happens first–then you get to make that determination. Got it???

YOUR FIRST PUBE. Although it works just as well, given that I'm willing to bet you've never set up a site in your life.

All this fours shit bc I want to be able to diss vied is peace,and you caners are migrating from cuck to here…LURK 2 YEARS. Rule was put in for a good reason. Or else you spread cancer here.

Oh look an autistic newfag above me.

Thanks, I've been on the fence about AMD/Intel/Nvidia for a few weeks now and you've convinced me to swallow my pride and get Intel/Nvidia.

The 1070 is fine but if you're looking at the 1060 then consider getting the RX 580 instead.

The general rule is to stay below 80C. My i7-5820K is OC'd just enough to max out at 78-79C even in high ambient temps, which means 4.3 GHz in my case. I could probably push 4.4 in the winter time but a) I really don't need to and b) the fan would be quieter at 4.3.

I researched the shit out of this, which is how I cane to believe the extra money for the Titan was worth it but not an SLI with two. If you look carefully on e-bay over even PC part picker, sometimes you'll find a dude who is getting divorced or whatever and NEEDS to sell his shit ASAP.
For example, 2 1070s with an SLI (again, you're going have to scour the net to get something both in decent shape and that sits in your budget.
To this dat, I have people tell me I'd have done better to say from the Titan and go with 2 1070s SLI. Before you buy anything, read every goddam study you can get your hand on most important thing you can do

AS far as calling, what I have now. You may say, as is so fashionable these days, you are "privileged." But try getting through a summer in Malta in the early 00s (where they "don't believe in air-conditioning) even when it hits 120 F).

In extreme cases like that, assuming you having a working refrigerator, get a good icepack (you NEED to spring for the blue icepacks , not just ice cubes in bag since if it breaks you will be in a world of hurt).

Granted, I've worked my way up to shekels to enough shekels that for not a big deal . But you should ALWAYS have a fan (was taking law school finals, couldn't afford a backup of course, a was fucking stupid enough to fall asleep with the fucking laptop on the knees..HD overheated.

I had something of a review left, handwritten, for the 3 papers will do and I knew the shit well enough that I could get to library for when it opened, get a computer and work straight through next two days.

I'm sort of drifting OT, but bottom line here is, if you use a lap top, ALWAYS, ALWAYS use a "cool master" (or something like it) with a fan, or you will fuck yourself in the brown. Guess it's easier now with fucking–for apple–"iCloud" everywhere and the rest of it, but don't risk your future on the temper many of a fucking computer.

Imagine a Bioshock game with even less interesting enemies to kill and a gimmick-gun that wears out it's welcome within 2 hours. I regret pirating it. I don't know what else I was expecting

Anyone got any good recommendations for a cost-effective gayman mouse and keyboard? preferably under 70-80 combined

That's a retarded metric. I go above 80 under load all the time on the CPU (the GPU doesn't pass 75 though). A good indication of what a good temp is and what a bad temp is would be to check the max operating temps directly from the manufacturers themselves. Modern Intel chips will begin to thermal throttle at over 100C and will shut the PC down as a safety measure at 105C. As long as you're not throttling you should be in the safe zone. Yes, 90 degrees is pretty fucking close to throttling, but its still within safe theoretical limits.

I would suggest getting the trial of AIDA64 Extreme in a zip, then run a stress test on both the CPU and GPU, and then measure if it picks up any thermal throttle. If it doesn't, then you're fine.

You lasted 2 hours? I'm impressed by your masochism.

The only games that really require a powerful rig to run well are AAA games, and those are usually of pretty dubious quality. I have a pretty decent computer myself, and the main benefit is that I can run older, less resource-intensive games at much higher resolution and framerate. Take a games like Witcher 2. I could run it on my laptop at 20-30fps at 1366x768 and get a decent experience, but it is much better at 4k60fps. It isn't necessary to have an ultra-beefy rig, but if you can afford one without sacrificing anything else in your life, it will add to your enjoyment og whatever games you like.

So with a Ryzen 7 1700 and gtx 1080, I'm thinking about either a 4k monitor or a 1440p monitor. What should I go for? Also I know nothing about either resolution because i never thought I would need to know right now.

What is wrong with that?

Wait until there are more options for HDR monitors. I've seen both 4K and HDR demoed in person, and HDR is way more impressive than extra pixels.

It triggers intel shills

there have been a lot of improvements since launch. Ryzen is an all around better CPU if you don't mind mandatory updates for older Windows OS's; or you just run everything in VM Linux of some kind. Last I saw, Ryzen was like 5% lower FPS than Intel in many games and will do better the more cores get utilized in Vulkan and DX12.

I've decided to get a 1440p monitor at 120 hz but everything is expensive as fuck. Why are these monitors 600 fucking dollars. That's half of my PC price.

WD Blues do fine as a main drive, just don't expect instant load times.
I have two WD Blues that are almost 10 years old.

Its fucked up. Back in 2014, i purchased a 300$(330$ with tax) labtop that ran Borderlands 2 perfectly fine, and could run SupCom Fa singleplayer.

Graphics arent hard anymore. Its raw processing power and eliminating spyware.

1440 is a compromise resolution that nobody really uses so you get to pay the gaymer tax.

Looks like I'm using a 1080 and ryzen for 1080p 60fps vidya.

At least you don't have to worry about drops.

Wait do you think it'll be worth getting a 1080p monitor that runs at 144 hz?

I have one, it's pretty nice. You can always buy one and resell it once good 4k monitors become more reasonable.

Only if you left it running like a Mongoloid with no air flow. Otherwise, I only played 8 hours straight at most then took a break.

just dont buy a quadcore

The human eye can't see past 30 FPS so who cares, looser.

Go for it, I've got a 120Hz and stable FPS greater than 60 is an experience to be had.

not buying into the gaming peripheral meme will save you a lot of bucks

Thanks lads. will do. But is there anything I need to know before getting anything with Gsync? Or is pic related just a retard?

Gsync is gonna run you at least $100 extra and if you're keeping games pegged at 144hz like your computer should be able to do you won't notice much. I don't know much about ports and shit specifically because I have an AMD card

sad thing is nvidia will probably jump ship to freesync within a couple of years, but right now they're gonna keep doing their little dance

Same here, it's a great CPU and it's single core performance still hasn't been doubled. I'll be holding onto mine until I can get double the performance from a $400 CPU which looks like it'll be a few years yet.

I have Gsync and it's great but as said it's only a matter of time until nVidia give up on their propriety shit and go with freesync.

Thanks boys, I'll skip gsync for now and just get a normal 144 hz monitor.

So, can someone help me with an upgrade? I think what is bottlenecking my PC right now is the cpu. I would appreciate suggestions towards a new motherboard and cpu.

just a heads up
blurbusters.com/

cpu is a major bottleneck. either wait for intel's answer to ryzen, or jump to ryzen.

get a r5 1600

oh shit what just happened you're set for the next 10 years

stupid stagnant decade

Thank you

even if you want a upgrade to a faster CPU for some reason later AM4 is going to be around for a while so if you just end up getting the best AM4 chip ever released some day fuck knows how long you could stretch the life of your system

Guess would be nice to get a comment or two on my build.

pathological thoroughness. masochism would imply that I enjoy it -__-

Cpu is kind of on the weak side for that GPU. I think it might be bottlenecked a bit.

I hope you built it in 2012 or something.

It kind of appeals to me but it's full of diversity-hire fuckups like the crosshair being off-center and the guns not keeping fucking perspective so that it looks like the gun in your hand is pointing to the top left of corner of the screen. Quality control is all over the place

What would you recommend?

It's my first build and I built it right in the start of 2016.

you picked a really old CPU for it. It's going to cost you a lot of money in the long run.

A lot of money? Don't I just have to buy another to replace it?

It's a dead socket you will have to build a whole new computer if you want something much faster

If you had an fx 8350 it would be fine to stay like this for a bit but I can't think of anything worth spending more money on. The next time you make a PC always make sure to buy a good motherboard and CPU because switching those out will be a big pain in the ass compared to just pulling out the GPU for an upgrade. If you want a new CPU you'd have to buy a new motherboard too.

and new ddr4 ram which is a shekel snatch if there ever was one

you'll need a new motherboard, CPU, and RAM. $450+.

Maybe get an SSD because windows 7 benefits heavily from it

I see that but I don't see why I need to buy a new one when my mobo is a am3+ socket and the fx-9590 is for the am3+. I just don't really see the point of changing completely.

Already have one in my case I just need another data cable.

Because it's a really slow CPU with really bad IPC and you're not going to get much mileage out of it at all.

Just keep using it until you absolutely must have a faster computer for something or you manage to evade statistical reality and improve your socioeconomic status and can afford shit you don't need

Because your GPU is too pure for the shitty fx series.

Guess I'll just buy fx-9590 then wait a year or two to save up for another pc then. Thanks for the input.

I'm sorry for whoever recommended that PC to you. I don't know much about anything above 1080 60fps so i ask questions. No matter how many times you build a PC, always ask for input before building. I'm afraid of getting horrible screen tearing after i buy a monitor without g-sync.

Well it was mainly me that put it all together. Guess I should've since I barely learned about pc parts and such. So guess I'll ask for a bit more input at the risk of some bulling. How's this for replacing the mobo and cpu?

That's a very optimised selection but will most likely not need the cooler

Not risk, Guaranteed bullying but you always get people helping you too. This thread is the friendliest PC hardware thread I've seen in awhile.
Drop the cooler, I hear that Ryzen stock coolers are bretty gud but you might want to look into that a bit more. If you must get a cooler get the Hyper 212 Evo. It's around 25$ and it's more then enough unless you get a higher end CPU and plan to overclock.

That was obviously a joke.

I plan on going for a build that'll be viable for a good while, and I already got a good enough case/monitor. I'm really excited to play games at decent resolutions.

What type of CPU should I gun for, ya cuties?

What's your budget?

woops, forgot to add that
im dumb

$1000-1200

That's strange, I've always had the subconscious feeling that everything since 2005 is unreal or illusory. Like some sick twisted interpretation of what the future was supposed to be.

Already have that cooler and was planning to transfer that from my current pc to the other one.

go here

I think I did bretty gud, check the replies to that for adjustments that other anons recommended.

2005 and 2006 was like an intermission, a metaphysical wave hitting the shore and taking all that was of the human spirit into the black.

Core i7 7700k: pcpartpicker.com/list/ztfKQV
Ryzen 7 1800X: pcpartpicker.com/list/hJttYr (add $100 because Noctua hasn't released the AM4 cooler yet)

I still feel like AMD isn't quite "there" yet.

Ah, thank you.

Now, for what reason should I choose the ryzen over an intel chip? I am new to advanced PC shit and all i want to do is play videogames, emulate gamecube, and jack it to a mosaic of 1440p downsampled anime girls.

please don't pretend motherboards get any sort of decent support after a year or so

To be honest Intel is superior to Ryzen for all of those. The only thing Ryzen is better at is doing things like video games + streaming at the same time, and even then it's only just barely.

Intel will be better at the moment for most games, but Ryzen will be more than good enough, yet last a person a bit longer when it comes to games getting released in the future. Any half-decent processor can do Dolphin extremely well nowadays and there is such a thing as overkill, and I don't think any Intel quadcore, except maybe the 6700k/7700k is going to outlast even a Ryzen 1600x in the coming years.
Intel still pushing their quadcores for the past years has been some sort of sick joke. Guess that's what happens when the competition is non-existant.

fuck me
forgot to reply to

If you are rich you get intel. The Ryzen is popular right now because it's almost as good the intel counterparts but it's half the price. If you want to have the very best then you'll pay double for the small performance boosts. Everything you just said can be done better by intel, especially emulating.

I just can't believe that statement. Games have given no indication that they will EVER figure out multi-core multi-threadded optimization.

It's already happening in some games currently. It's not a linear progression in performance when it comes to adding more physical cores though, so from what I've seen the Ryzen 1600x 6core/12thread and 1700x 8core/16thread don't have any sort of substantial gap between them in a lot of games that are optimized to use more than 4cores/8threads.

I'll grant you that we can't really predict how things are gonna go though, but I really wouldn't recommend anyone to still buy a quadcore that isn't a 7700k.

Thanks

So, say, if I wanted to record some vidya with friends on occasion and a voice server up, how much exactly will the intel suffer compared to the ryzen.

I'm just trying to get a "great-yet-not-stupid with-my-limited-money" build. I don't give a fuck about oneupping everything.

The only other thing to mention is that i like audio and already have my amp/ext sound card yadda yadda. I don't make music, but I listen a good fuckin deal, but that has nothing to do with cpu/GPU shit.

It's getting better, especially since Vulkan is designed to scale with multiple cores. A lot of vidya problems with multithreading come from the devs' love of OOP and moving towards a data-oriented approach or something like Erlang or actor model should help a lot.

If you want to record video while playing games it's probably best to have more than 4 physical cores, so that's where Ryzen might make your life a bit easier.

Eh, ryzen it is.

I'll overclock it to like 3.8/3.9 ghz and have some fun fuckin with it.

I don't have many nice things to say about Ryzen, but one nice thing is that you don't need to delid the fuckers to prevent housefires like the 7700K (and infact you cannot delid them at all).

People have done it though. There's always people who want to try and mount their cooling solution directly to the die.

You can try siliconlottery . c0m
Don't think they're offering the 1700x and 1800x at the moment, but at least you can make sure you get a processor that is able to reach the clockspeeds you want.

I have this dilemma. I have an old prebuilt PC that has a IntelPentium Dual-Core E5500 of 2.80GHz, have 3Gb of RAM, and I added a long time ago a AMD HD 6670 1Gb graphic card. And now im interesed in, besides adding more RAm, to buy a graphic card.

The PC is old and not strong enought, and until now just thought to wait to it to die to then build a new PC. But after some thinking, I ask if I could just buy a graphic card now to upgrade the PC I have now, and also to have it avaliable to a new PC build, without having to spend on GPU. Now the thing is that if it would bottleneck my actual PC a lot, because is I buy a GPU for the future too, then it would be a powerfull one, and not a shitty one. Im thinking about either getting a 570/580( or a 470/480 instead) Radeon Card. Would it be good to have it in my actual PC? Any thougs or advice to this?

where is this image from, it look strange and interesting.

There is no point, AM3+ is a current gen socket that'll run new releases at a fine framerate as long as it's paired up with an expensive GPU. You're responding to advertisements for intel products, or thinly veiled boasting about having more expensive components.

It could be better, but I don't have any money and I'm also too lazy.

You know you can use a TV in addition to or instead of a monitor, right?

Please join us in 2017.

We have the same graphics card.

You stole my trips.

Looks like some kind of CG maybe a student project

Give me $300

you're likely going to need a bigger power supply, too, especially if you go with a 580. you might as well just overhaul

i5 7600k @ 4.8GHz on air
16GB G.Skill DDR4 @ 3333MHz
EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW3, GPU @ 2GHZ, RAM @ 6GHZ
Samsung 850 PRO 256GB
WD Blue 1TB
Cooler Master G750m PSU (I think)
ASUS ROG 27" 1440p @ 144Hz
HTC Vive

And I usually play Cookie Clicker or a bit of GTA V. But hey at least I get plenty of fps.

yeah this

And those people are crazy since Ryzen is soldered to the IHS.

I know. Just saying it's not literally impossible to delid. No sane person should want to.

jewish game cards are a meme,. make your own in house

What should I throw my money at upgrading next?

I'm debating against replacing the 8GB mem with 16GB or get a half-TB SSD dedicated solely to vidya; the HDD houses my games.

probably RAM?
solid machine

I never owned intel but I can do that too. Hurr ur amd shil

PC gaming is a joke anyways. Just get a laptop to watch anime on and play handhelds, those are the only place decent video games ever get made anymore and your laptop will be able to handle everything else from the past that's worth playing.

I say this on every thread but there really aren't any. However, we still have issues with running the last few good games at a perfectly stable frame rate with supersampling out of the ass so better hardware still has it's uses.

Don't get the FX-9590
It's a thermonuclear reactor that performs worse than cheaper intel/ryzen CPUs while killing itself in 2~ years because of the excessive strain the factory overclock puts on it.

test

Just buy a used i5 3570k or i7 3770k.

There isn't much difference in performance between i5 models because they're all the same cpu with cost cutting, but in your case you got one of the lowest tier i5s which cost cut too much and the performance is genuinely hampered. Anyway if you do change cpus just getting a higher end ivy bridge will present a performance boost but it would still not be worth the upgrade. You should get a new motherboard & cpu combo.
I don't really recommend ryzen because it has half the single core performance and double the cores of comparable intel CPUs and although yours is slightly outdated that means you would still actually lose frame rate in poorly threaded games.
Don't do what says though, your current motherboard can't overclock.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LithTech#LithTech_Jupiter_EX
When these companies choose to get off their asses and use the fucking engine correctly.