Life is Feudal: Forest Village

This just got released on Steam I guess. I haven't even heard of it, but apparently it's selling pretty well. It's essentially a better and more fleshed out Banished.
Has anyone here tried it? I don't have a torrent link, because I'm pretty sure it just got released.

I played the original Life is Feudal. It was shit and unoptimized as fuck. Dont buy this

It's an entirely different type of game using the same name.
I think.

Banished was too expensive considering how little content it had

From the visuals, it looks like it IS Banished.did they just lift half the assets or what?

Banished was a heckuva good game, tho.

They probably went "Hey, let's make Banished, but with more content." And copied it exactly.

They finished it? I thought it was still in early access.

This was fast. WTF. Is it finished?

I liked it because it reminds me of sims medieval and black & white rather than banished.

Literally the main feature is being able to look right into the very ground.

Its even more unoptimized because now its an rts.

Looks like it has potential if it's got the fanboys riled up

Pirated it seems like banished with more content.

Does it run like shit?

I pirated it a while back and the ai and pathing was even worse then Banished, but it had potential. Banished will probably still be better due to the expansiveness of the mods.

No but I only had a small village so it might run like shit when you expand.

Why do you mock me, banished was absolute shit, give me something good, give me more factions, and an aim other than build bigger and bigger please, I want to build districts with specializations, I want to be able to build multiple settlements and interlink resources, I want small settlements to be able to break away from me and become self governed entities, I want diverse landscapes, I want obstacles that open up new areas, and I want a complex resource system. I want to be able to move away from a communal system to a individualist capitalist system with storefronts and classes, I want to be able to build castles and forts with as much or even more detail as Stronghold crusader, and I want massive maps, it's not like we lack the technology either.

it's a carbon copy of banished with maybe 2 or 3 extra buildings from what I'm reading.

Never going to happen until you make it yourself >>>/agdg/

Thanks OP, I'll give this a pirate then maybe some shekels will flow if it's good.

From the title I thought it was a Life is Strange expansion btw

don't play rts games then ffs

it is actually the opposite, most rts games arent aimed at building bigger and bigger considering they all run like shit after a certain size (like anno, settlers, empire earth etc)

played the first several hours and so far it's pretty fun. I definitely like it better than banished.

The ability to look through the peasant's eyes and control him strongly reminds me of Dungeon Keeper 2 (in fact, it's exactly like it), but since the game isn't about combat, the whole thing feels like a useless gimmick.

My one complaint is the peasants being retardedly dependent on their homes. If you go and upgrade a house, and take too long (not even THAT long, just if you don't build it immediately), the former inhabitants will all starve to death if they don't find another shelter, even if the barn is bursting with food.

I came into this thread expecting an update on that yet another un-fucking-finished builder sim

but then they decided to make an RTS in the same setting when multiplayer is still in beta on the original game

wtf are these people thinking?