Black Desert Online: Striker and Steam Released

Black Desert Online is a shit grind MMORPG made by gooks. It recently rereleased on Steam a few days ago along with the fuck awesome Striker class.

This game has some of the best action oriented combat of any MMORPG and the best character editor too, so you can make the fuckable waifu of your choice

7 day trial on www.blackdesertonline.com or get it on Steam

Our guild, ITC, is a bunch of autistic faggots spawned from 8ch/v/ over a year ago and has been grinding away at black desert since. Join up with us to compete in node wars where we take on other guilds for territory control or help us stream snipe tranny filth

Discord discord.gg/rvS7hb4

Other urls found in this thread:

bdo.mmo-fashion.com/dark-knight/
black-desert.com/articles/black-desert-how-we-were-expect-it-to-be-and-how-it-is-now/
blackdesertonline.com/tryforfree
twitch.tv/videos/147678752?t=2h58m9s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I made it a point to never dive into an MMO, but after watching gameplay videos I got the itch and got it. It's actually pretty fun comboing trash mobs as a sorceress.

Compare/Contrast it to Guild Wars.
If there are no GWfags playing this game, then I'll know it's not worth it.

PLAYING THIS GAME MAKES ME WANT TO DIE I ONLY DO IT BECAUSE MY TAMER IS TOO CUTE ASK ME ANYTHING

stfu aska

also I forgot to mention, the Striker Awakening is a Jojo reference

cute?

Panty shots are best!

I love ITC!

I'm too shy to play mmos….

lacari is the biggest ape of bdo, all he does is scream like chimp and everyone just seems to give him all the reparations

Is being a very good goy and getting the Explorer's Package worth it or should I just be a decent goy and only get the game?

No, the packages sell you shit you don't need. Better to get the $10 account and spend $40 on pearls.

Thank you.

I don't care if its grindy, if its pvp-based sandbox its cool by me
Its themepark shit right?

Post your most up-to-date combat webms

Not really. You get railroaded a bit as you level up to 55, but there is no instanced content and there's good reason to go back to lower level areas to grind for items, silver, or skill points. The PVP is what matters, and excluding RBF all the pvp takes place in the open world, including node wars.

i tried to make 2b

how is the endgame? can guilds build towns/fortresses/etc?

The initial quest is themeparky. After you hit 50 the emphasis is more on showing off the shiny new areas as they come out. Devs have been surprisingly enthusiastic for expanding the landmass of the game rather than the gear cap.
By 56 questing is optional and you'll be grinding for money more than levels. If you're smart you'll play a popular class that's strong no matter how shitty your gear and then just preorder enhanced gear and skip the enhancement suffering altogether.
Sandbox elements have been neutered into afk 'features' that exist solely to provide you money while you sleep with the game running.

you can build small forts during node wars and fight other guilds forts

Open world player construction of the type you're imagining has been removed since before launch. Endgame is improving your gear score and amassing enormous sums of silver.

shit pvp because only5skills
and it's all on a hotbar
good pvp
some of it is on the hotbar (optional), rest is shortcut key combos

Endgame is almost entirely pvp, you only grind pve to get silver and gear so that you can better kill other players.
For node wars, guilds place a tower down in the open world and fortify it with barricades and defense structures and then attempt to destroy every other fort that is placed on the same node as them. Last guild standing claims ownership of the node for the week along with the tax that the node collects. The top 1% of players defend/attack castles in order to take ownership of entire regions.

Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy???

gooks are the jews of asia that's why
it was probably too troublesome to "deal with or pay for" I would imagine.

I like BDO but let's not kid around, it does NOT have "the best" character creator around; you can't even adjust the size of your character's head and you can't adjust the size of facial features (nose length, cheekbone placement, jaw depth) in a meaningful way so your character's face can't really change that much from the preset you picked. there are also issues like the forced high heels on dark knights and the inconsistent placement of geometry editing zones on characters (adjust lips on maehwa, sorceress, kunoichi, then go to a tamer)

it also has the WORST clothing customization options I have seen in an MMORPG since FFXI, even FFXIV has better p2w costumes.

the explorer's package includes more than its cost in pearl items, although you may not want all of the items, for me the horse flute, 30 day value pack, and included pet made up for the extra cost

Yeah man, the PvP is totally worth it, all you gotta do is mindlessly grind the same shitty mobs for months at a time, grind your gear out and hope you're lucky enough to actually upgrade it or WELP BACK TO SQUARE ONE WITH GRINDING SOME MORE TO TRY AGAIN. Then fall flat on your face against players that grinded more than you anyways because gear and level > skill in this game every single time no matter what, even if it's a minute difference. Did I mention it desyncs like fuck because the netcode was only ever tuned for korean supernet? Or that things like skill cooldowns are all client side because gooks who tie their social security to their accounts don't have to worry about cheaters? Meanwhile plenty of people will hack and bot without consequence unless they're directly witnessed and mass reported.

If you tried to start playing this right now for the PvP, know that no matter what you do, you will essentially be cannon fodder while your "all star" (note: people who grinded from the games NA release at the start) players do all the actual fighting and fun parts. I don't think I have to mention it's got f2p p2w elements while still being a game that needs to be bought because the dutch kikes that localized the release are blatant liars who've been cheating and manipulating the playerbase from day one while gleefully lining their pockets with money given by weeaboo faggot whales that want to spend $500 on rng dye to make their waifu's cash shop costume look CUTE.

Fuck you and fuck this game.

Is the PvE content decent ? I'm not planning on doing any PvP but I'm worried that there is either little PvE content or that the grind is too strong.
I would probably only be able to clock in a few hours per week considering I also play other games.

you clearly haven't played in awhile, a lot of the systems you mentioned are no longer in the game
-Grinding is faster than before
-Servers have improved over the last month
-Skill cooldowns are no longer client side
-Youre mad that there is a disconnect in an MMO between people who play and don't play? Get of Holla Forums you fucking casual
-you don't need to rng dye anymore

the grind is strong and great

Managing your own shit and interacting with other players to form communities and player driven economies was too hardcore for gook players. Not even shitting you. They preferred grinding mobs to crafting and trading with each other for money.

But the skill cooldowns are all server side now and multiple top guilds had 80% of their players banned for exploiting and botting.
Also, since the maximum gear score softcap hasn't increased for about 8 months now the elite small guilds are starting to have this problem where they're getting overrun by swarms of mexican players with $10 accounts. The kill ratio may be 50:1 in your favor but it doesn't matter if you still lose.

the PVE content is mediocre (go here, kill 50 things, go here, kill 50 more things, etc) but the combat is good enough to make it enjoyable at least for a while. people are talking about OMG THE GRIND but I'm level 50 as of a few hours ago and I just started a week ago… and I have 4 other characters in their 30s… so, I dunno, certainly not as grindy as old games used to be but I'm old-fashioned, I don't mind paying for a game and paying $15/mo to play it. I don't know what the level cap is but the "real" game starts at level 50

This is actually what shitters believe? Once you get to full tri, which is so easy to get its a fucking joke, you're able to make up gear difference with skill. Gear only matters this much if you're just running in face-to-face and brawling with your enemy. Unless somebody has full pen gear, which nobody fucking does on NA, you'll be able to beat them by knowing when it's safe to engage, doing proper combos, and disengaging. Use whatever you have in your kit as far as blocks, super armor, frontal guards, and i-frames go to avoid taking damage. You're playing your class wrong, learn how to play and stop crying "p2w" or "gear" every time somebody shits on you.

Fuck off dutchie, nobodies buying it. People who play and don't play the game? After 55 you're basically required to sit on your fat ass for 12 hours a day if you want to stay relevant, unfortunately not all of us are neets.

yes you can
I think this is only true of the very obviously asian-designed characters like maewha and kunoichi. Otherwise, evidence of very diverse faces among rangers, valks, warriors, berzerkers, witch. anything non-asian.
yea, agreed.
Also, what do you mean worst clothing customization?

If you're talking about grinding, all you really have to do is grind an hour a day (or half that) and you'd be 58-59 in a month.

how? please tell me, I'd LOVE to know
it's not an asian/western thing (also none of the girls look anything besides korean by default), it's just that some of the classes have more presets/default faces to work from and those classes obviously have more variety in facial design versus the classes that only have three or four (dark knight, striker, tamer)

I'm fairly happy with how my characters look but there was a lot of concession I had to make to get there in terms of "okay, it has to look a certain amount this way, because I can't adjust the size of that feature" meaning that the best looking characters are all going to skew pretty close to the presets.
I mean that you have an incredibly limited number of options on how to dress your character, there are like a maximum of what 7-8 armor sets in the whole game? I've been wearing the same armor on my DK since I got to heidel albeit with enhancements

in a game like this I usually don't really care what my equipment looks like because I'm just going to cover it up with a cash shop costume but in this game the cash shop costumes are A) super limited, B) overpriced, and C) ugly as shit, some classes have as few as 4 costumes and every single one of them for every single class is unbelievably busy which means that they look kinda neat in the cash shop menu but once you get out into the game world and zoom your camera out they just look like a busy mess of nonsense, most of the girl costumes completely throw practicality of any sort out the window and while I'm not one of those feminist "muh realism" types (I like boob armor and titty windows) it's a little hard to swallow dumb shit like maid outfits and that stupid lahr arcien pirate outfit stuff

anyway basically the clothes are limited, ugly, and generally horrible, that's what I was getting at.

GW1 or GW2?

GW1 was the greatest game of all time and its a shame that anet decided to fuck their original fanbase by making GW2 the way it was.

Comparing bdo to gw2, I'd say that bdo is better in almost every way except for endgame pve content, which honestly doesn't really exist in bdo.

I'd check but I'm on a boat
If I remember correctly it was in the body section of the customization screen.

I was disagreeing specifically with what you said about not being able to adjust facial features in any meaningful way, which seems to not be true of the european faces. At least, that's what I found. I would say instead that: It's possible to change one's face to almost anything, but it takes too much time and meticulousness to get there. I'm not going to sit here and say that it has no limits, because it does, and those limits are annoying and makes you do concessions (as you point out) at some point; but I think OP's evaluation of it being "the best" is true.
There's something akin to transmog now but I haven't used it myself.
A) true B) true C) false
Some costumes look like shit, others are great, others are okay. How do we judge these? Taste and preference. I think if you ask people they'll tell you they like the costumes you might hate. Everything else you said comes down to subjectivity. Even though I agree with the practicality bit, I'd like a proper looking valk outfit that looks like a real female knight armor set.

I know this is anecdotal but, I've never bought costumes/outfits with pearls, only with silver. 2 of them. on the first try
I'm sorry

Forgot pic
This is the best one so far I think.

Just checked body customization section.
You're right , no head option.

Gameplay looks really fun but how much would I have to rely on other people to do stuff? I don't have too much time in the day and my schedule is kinda fucked up so I don't want disappoint people by not being available for raids or whatever

I don't understand. There's no such thing as GW2, user.

How does BDO compare to the 2005 game ''Guild Wars', i.e. is the PvE and/or PvP comparable?

Now you, you are definitely not talking about Guild Wars. I don't know what shitty game you are talking about, but that's not it.

It's a single player game with social features.

it's pretty different from guild wars. guild wars still used the old-school targeting method of gameplay while BDO is closer to a proper action game more like TERA or PSO2 (although it's faster than TERA and not actually hitbox-based like PSO2)

I didn't play guild wars much after it came out (I played it in beta and before the first expansion) but unless it changed drastically I think it's pretty hard to compare the two

If you guys are going to shill this at least point global chat is entirely Trump memes.
And switch to the edgy version of the logo

"global" chat is still only per-server right?

Is there an EU guild?

Jello

bdo.mmo-fashion.com/dark-knight/

seriously look at how garbage all the clothes are, and all her fucking armors look exactly the same, she has FOUR UNIQUE ARMOR APPEARANCES

No, but we have a few EUrofags playing on NA with us and the game is playable for them.

It's like I never left Holla Forums

fug, already invested a lot of time on my character in the EU server

Go at your own pace user, it's fine.
There are no raids but there is a pvp equivalent called node wars which we do here often.
All you have to do is show up at 8 when there's a war, get on the right channel, and teleport there. If you're on defense, which you will be if you're under-geared, you'll be manning a seige defense weapon where you take no damage.

You can still make a ton of progress by just playing 3hr a day.

How much time?

31 hours

Is the roleplay there any good?

… please, don't judge me.

That's nothing.

That's how i remember it. A hotbar with 5 usable skills, and you could swap to another 5.
I knew I was wrong but I like to over-exaggerate how bad gw2 was because I personally hated it (after a while).

You're fine. Lick the wound, come on over. The sun is brighter over here.

You genuinely should not waste time playing this game
Do yourself a favor and don't play this game

yes

Well… I was talkinf about regular roleplay.

But I wouldn't mind that too.

but muh latency

grinding is optional
arguably the best ways to make silver right now are all lifeskilling and afk income from workers

high level pvp also brings in bank to the point where you can just farmville it up (which is hella fun) and still preform well

the game is what you make of it

The two games are very hard to compare. As mentioned, GW1 was based on tab targeting and I'd say that the closest mmo equivalent to what bdo gameplay is like would be vindictus. There's not really any game in existence that allowed as much skill variation and customization as gw.

GW1 pretty much had normalized stats after you hit level 20 and got max armor, which took less than 2 hours with eotn if you knew what you were doing. This isn't the case with bdo, where there's technically no level cap and also the fact that literally NOBODY in the world has reached the point where their gear is the best possible even in the versions where whales can literally pay money to buy bis gear. That being said, there are multiple softcaps in terms of gear and level that make it extremely difficult to the point where going past them isn't seen as worth it by a vast majority of the playerbase. You get diminishing returns with higher risk after getting all gear to TRI and the amount of people who decide to actively level past 60 is miniscule. Level 60 and full bis TRI gear besides accessories is easily achievable with a few months of investment into the game.

Endgame PvE doesn't exist in bdo, so if you were into DoA, UW, or dungeon runs in gw there won't be anything similar in bdo for a while at least.

PvP in bdo is currently divided into two categories, open world pvp and node/territory wars, although a deathmatch arena is also out in the KR version.
Open world pvp is exactly what it sounds like: just killing others out in a sandbox.
Node/territory wars are objective much more structured. Guilds build up forts at a certain location and have 2-3 hours to destroy all other forts that were placed in the same area. The victorious guild gets some money for taking control of the node or territory, and if the leadership isn't shit the funds will be distributed to all members and officers of the guild.
Hope this answers most of your questions.

Eh, I'll list the things I'm looking for then. To summarize it:

So there was this game I played once, the name escapes me, but it really bugged me how whenever a big "raid boss" would appear everything just turned into a cluster of everyone doing things themselves. The same for dungeons.

If WoW and games like it had the "Holy Trinity", Guild Wars took that to the next level. End-game PvE content meant not setting up your build, but setting up a build to work well with the builds of everyone else on your team. Will this guy trade another damage skill so he can take a hard res, in case this guy goes down? Does one of the BP Rangers need to bring trap skills? Is one guy going to have to kite half of the mobs to the other side of the map so the rest of the team can take down the others?

PvP takes it up to the next level. GvG especially would mean every team is highly coordinated. If you ever look at the actual gameplay footage, there isn't a single moment that goes by where anyone isn't firing off their skills and releasing massive damage, and yet almost nobody ever goes down - and when someone does, it's a massive hit, because everything ties together. You have to coordinate not just on the field, but beforehand.

In contrast, that other game had huge sieges with dozens of people, but absolutely no coordination other than "AoE people throw shit here because there's lots of people" and that sort of crap. No teamwork at all - just everyone firing their best shit off at the other guys and hoping it would do something. A complete mess of effects on screen.

A lot of games love having massive level caps that take forever to reach. The game content barely changes at all - just more reskins of the same shit. Monsters use the same mechanics at Level 5 as they do Level 90.

Guild Wars caps low at Level 20, and you can power-level that high in a day with someone high-level to run you to the high-end content and go at it. Once you reach Level 20, though, the ride isn't over yet. Nearly the entire game is "end game" content - hard mode, shit like the Underworld/Fissure of Woe, etc. Monsters in the end game areas have more skills than those you met lower level, and the hard mode variants of the absolute end game content have monsters with full skill bars and secondary professions just like you do - and often, with higher levels and greater numbers!

You acquired skill points in Guild Wars by leveling up, or by passing the level up XP bar after you hit the level. The best way to get XP was to use the Signet of Capture on elite skills. To get elite skills, you had to find the monster that had it, kill it, and use your Signet to take its skill (which, if you were brave enough, could lead to hilarious situations like a guy carting around five elite skills at once by the end of an extreme farming run, because that shit wouldn't reset until you returned to an outpost).

More than that, completing quests would also net you skill points. Meaning that just by playing the PvE content, you were constantly acquiring more skills and powers, and more than enough gold to spend on that.

As for gear? You can outfit yourself in end-game armor, weapons, runes, and insignia just with the shit you set aside by selling stuff and salvaging across the game. As a result, there is only one reason to grind: vanity gear. Vanity gear looks nice. Vanity gear shows that you're playing the game. Vanity gear is mechanically identical to regular gear, and in the case of unique weapons, you're technically better off using a Gold Weapon with a (req13) performance if your attributes are high enough.

It's all cosmetics or unlockable shit, the latter of which is completely pointless if you don't know what you're doing, and is only there so players who bought the PvP only pack can get shit the PvE players unlocked for their account just by going from 1 to 20. The only thing you could really argue against was "character slots", though the only reason I every knew of a player doing that was to increase storage space. I knew a guy who literally bought a slot just to have a spare character for all of his bones.

There's no such thing as Guild Wars 2 user.
Guild Wars does have a hot bar, but you bring eight skills, one of which can be an elite skill. The skills are selected from your primary profession list and secondary profession list, and you can change secondary professions whenever you're in an outpost.

Though technically, if you have a full team of heroes, you might find yourself managing four different people with their own skill bars all at the same time. Or eight, as it is now.

oh ffs

That answers most of it I suppose. I guess the only thing it doesn't really answer is how much of a clusterfuck the node wars are.

That, and does the game have questing at all, or is it one of those "lel sandbox" games where everything is radiant quests that make Todd Howard happy? Aimless grinding is a bit dull, but having an objective of some kind (i.e. hunting a specific enemy and just mopping up trash mobs on the way) keeps it from being a chore.

it's all fairly traditional MMO questing; go to a new place (like a town, or a farm) and get tasks from 3-4 people there, then go out to where the requested mobs are and fuck them up/take their stuff/fiddle with the macguffin

its focused in a sense that each grind spot is good for specific things and bad for other things

like for example angry skeletons are the best CP in the game but are just average silver/exp

pirates are the best money in the game and also give fantastic exp but theyre far out from the mainland so it can be troublesome to do if not properly prepared

And that's sufficient to level along in the game, or just a supplement to killing small boar in the field for an hour?

Isn't that literally every game, though? Also, they way you describe it is as if these areas aren't leveled. Seeing as "Level 60" was mentioned earlier, it seems like the numbers go quite high - so what's the difference in power? Can Level 1 trash mobs still threaten an end-game character, or is it like in WoW where anything outside of a ~5 level range isn't worth touching?

more than sufficient—a new class, striker, just came out. I have literally done nothing but the main story ("black spirit quests") on him and I am still outleveling the content rather severely… admittedly I have 50% exp boosters going but even still at just 1.5x exp rate I am outleveling the content doing ONLY story content

my other characters were doing more quests, and most of them hit 30 in one evening

This is different in BDO. You can get end game gear without grinding mobs by another means. That being life skills.
ehh, yea
You won't be getting that here. I wish though.
There's no level cap, you can grind endlessly if you want but after 61 it's brutal. Short version: There's a soft cap, but no hard cap on leveling. Getting to level 58 is easy. 60 takes a while. 61 is actually hard. 62 is pure concentrated autism.
Everyone that wars and is good is around 59-60 but levels don't really matter nearly as much as gear and how well you can combo skills and stay alive.
Yep. You'll get that here.
Unless, one side steamrolls the other in which case it's just: "okay guys, move to point A and clear their fort, they're shit and can barely put up a fight"

Ask our yuuros in the discord if they get that problem.

Let's play True and false with OP's post.
True. But becomes false because PvP is governed by gear and not skill. Always.
No. You create from templates. And the base will always be a template. Tamer, Wizard, and Berzerker are awful offenders of this. Gender lock is the worst part. Quit your bullshit.
For only extra payments that cost triple the game price! Might as well jerk off to whatever porn you have.
True.
why are you trying after saying it's shit
True, warning 1.
"help us stream snipe tranny filth"
Yourselves? Warning 2. Really, don't play this.

Shit, that's actually higher than I would expect.

I'll check into it. That 40GB file size is going to be a fucking monster to deal with, though. Depending on speeds, it might take longer to download than my trial is good for.

On the matter of gear:

Is it something you receive as quest rewards, through killing things and taking their stuff, or by crafting (using thins you acquired from monsters you killed to take their stuff)? Since the game is more "action" based in combat, it would seem a crying shame if some shitter who p2w'nd himself into top-tier gear can effortlessly deal with someone of the same level who just put on whatever shit was laying around in the game world.

Cool gamergate image, I value your opinion.

8/10 bait I almost gave you more than just a (You)

the 40 GB file size is nothing compared to how dependent this game is on CPU and HDD speeds. If you have a shitty hard drive, this game will be harder to play now. It was much better on release, now it barely properly loads.

Nope! Everyone uses roleplay chat instead of general because they want to be special blue snowflakes. Why would you expect people playing this waifufag gooktrash to act any different? After all, they'd feel entitled if they got punished for using the roleplay channel inappropriately. Imagine the butthurt replies they'd get if that happened: "I spent hundreds of dollars on this game, how dare you punish me!"

You can't really buy good gear in this. It's effectively easier to just play the game versus the hit your wallet is going to take if you try to whale for gear.

You can't p2w real gear unless you decide to buy 1k$ worth of pearls and sell it for a few million silvers. Even that would only get you an armor set to duo level (+17 enhancement level).
You get your gear as drops from mobs sometimes, from bosses, having npc conversations which consume energy, and yes, crafting but that's really inefficient and not the kind of crafting you're thinking about so forget that. Energy is another big thing because you can also use it for certain life skills, or dump it into night merchants that sell good gear or stones. This game is really complex at first but worth it after a week or so imo.

I need more bait pictures

Wait, what? they don't do roleplay in the general chat? for fuck's sake, you don't need everyone to read what you are doing, faggots!

It is bad enouth there is no p2p trade nor player stores to do some roleplay.

You have been visited by the Agitated Specter of Poor Internet Speeds. Overpriced internet with abysmal performance will come to you unless you shoot up the nearest ISP.

Following the questline will only get you so far, probably to around level 55 or 56, which is where the first softcap for leveling occurs. Past that point, grinding mindlessly is absolutely required to level up. I'd say that level 58 is the minimum level required to make any real difference in group PvP, if you're grinding efficiently and know what you're doing, it shouldn't take more than 30 hours of total playtime to reach that point.

Unfortunately, getting cash shop outfits is almost required in this game unless you want to look like a hairy gorilla. I'm 100% certain that the devs made the best armor in the game look disgusting so that people would get cash shop outfits. You can snipe them off the marketplace for ingame silver, but theres always competition for them and it can be pretty frustrating. The cash shop outfits give minute bonuses to experience gained and durability loss on armor and weapons before you need to repair them.

If you're looking for the levels of coordination and organization needed for gw HA or GvGs, you won't find that here, but tactics and knowhow are definitely huge contributors to whether or not you win in node wars. As for whether or not the PvP is a clusterfuck, it can be. Its not uncommon for us to place a fort on a node just to get zerged down by massive numbers, but because multiple guilds can place forts, half the fun during these wars is convincing other guilds to fight eachother instead of targeting us.

If you think pvp is just a gear check you're literally retarded. Yeah, a person with full tets is gonna have an advantage over a person in full tri, but the person in tri can easily outskill the person in full tet.

I would argue more GPU than CPU, it runs fine for my friend with a slow-ass FX-8320 and RX 580, but my wife's PC with an i7-4790K and overclocked R9 270 it has some problems in 1080p and we have to reduce settings

I don't have a problem but I am running it from NVMe SSD on a 5775C @ 4.3 GHz and a pair of Fury X cards hehe

I think you got the wrong person hombre

OH HEY LOOK, You literally just admitted to the gear check
Sure, with a lot of effort, and good luck i could beat some idiot with a gaunlet of killing and armor of imortality with my average sword, but a semi competent person gets it or the idiot gets luckier than me then i'm in a world of hurt.
And thats exactly what happens in BDO

Stop pretending this game is anything other than a p2w shitshow,

Silly question, but does this game need to make retarded builds or perk trees?

you missed what I said. I'm saying people do not use the roleplay channel correctly because they want their messages to be colored blue, so they treat it like the general channel, except they're blue. aka they're kind of attention whores and there's a lot of them

can you elaborate on your question or give an example?

nigger do I need to reinstall this game to show you my thousand hours

Needing certain skills of builds not to be killed constantly.

That's worse. Attention whores kill any decent roleplay.

A person in full TRI will beat a person in full TET if they're even just moderately more competent at the game. Just admit the people beating your ass are better at videogames than you and maybe you'll get better.

Ah Ifound the link of what BDO was going to be, to what it turned into since gooks are casual scum
black-desert.com/articles/black-desert-how-we-were-expect-it-to-be-and-how-it-is-now/

why not both?

Is there a general consensusif any on family names?
Are there more "MyNameIsBob99" names or do people actually try?

You can grind skill points. There are skills that are going to be vital to your class, but you can always just get more skill points and spec into more shit.

Ah, good. I hope I won't need rocket science to make a decent build

Selectivity. The only reasons to block ads are:
1) obnoxiousness
2) to deny money

Simply fucking over the scripts makes it easy to deal with these two while adding additional functionality. Since I'll end up exempting certain sites anyways, it's easier to just do this.

Ogrefest wont get a server in those regions either so you're stuck playing the shittier version

I don't know about in the PvP because I really haven't done it (I JUST got my first character to 50, which is the minimum level for PvP) but in the PvE, no; you definitely will have certain skills that are "just better" than others but you have unlimited respecs until level 56 so you can fuck around and take your time to figure out what's good and what's shit

honestly though on the classes I've played (tamer, kunoichi, dark knight, sorceress, and striker) pretty much every skill is good! I do think some are definitely better than others but overall it seems like it's kinda hard to go TOO wrong on your skill choice, and like I said you get free respecs 'til endgame so whatever!

Tiger Blade is a meme skill that will never be buffed

What are you even getting at? Do you want the game to be completely equalized where gear doesn't do anything? Once you're in full TRI you should be able to win any engagement through skill alone, and if you aren't it's a problem with your play and not a "gear check" like you keep crying.

You're a fucking mong who can't into reading comprehension.
All fucking games have gear that makes you better than another. This is an mmorpg universal.
What he was arguing against was your shit claim that only gear matters (gear check).
Notice how non-stupid guilds do a gear check, AND an arena fight to test your skills.

is that a musa skill? I haven't played it

why are you retards continuing to feed the moron

Musa/Maehwa skill. It roots you in place for a good two seconds on activation and your damage + DP isn't increased enough to matter in serious fights, especially PvP. The one use I can think for it is in PvE for easier health regen, but that's about it. It's a 100% look cool but 0% usefulness skill.

People actually try for the most part.
I think it's because there's a pay wall so nobody who doesn't have money (ie - underage) can play.
Or maybe it's just that the game doesn't attract people who don't try very hard. *I say this because I've seen people get turned off by finding that they have way too much to learn and discover*

Red Battlefield, if they haven't done so already

BETTER DEAD THAN RED

Guild Wars. The only mechanical differences between every set of max-level gear is:
All of which is easily achieved without any grinding.

Ranger Obsidian Armor:

Ranger Druid Armor:

There's quest rewards that give out more than a plat, so that's nothing either way. But as a demonstration of material rarity, the market prices for Leather to Ecto was about 300:1. In practice, it takes almost 500 times as long to get a set of Obsidian armor as it does to get basic max level gear, and they both provide the exact same stats. Same shit for gear - a black dye might cost a few orders of magnitude more than a blue dye, but all it does is let everyone know how much you plate.

Well I haven't played guild wars but, there must some kind of cap, it's just a lot easier to reach right?
Can you get end game gear after a day or something?

I tried the private serber but it's unplayable (i.e. 8+ second desync on all enemies so if I grab someone they literally vanish until after they've gotten back up, I take random damage from an enemy attacking me when they're 40 feet away scratching their nuts on my screen, etc.)

If I drop the 6 bones on the official version, can I actually play any amount of dressup while doing the comfy grind on PvE without having to buy into the cash shop shit?

I just want the equivalent of a comfy grinder like Maplestory/Ragnarok but with actual good content and dressup

Did I say content? I meant combat. Sage for doublepost

With a new account and no help? No. That will take you a solid 15-20 hours, depending on how quickly you cruise along.

Now, back when I was playing, if a friend had said "Hey man I need to level up this new Monk real quick, can you help?" then yes, you could easily power-level a character to Level 20, load him up with skills and materials (or have him just take it out of storage, which is shared on an account, if he already has his own Level 20), and have an "end game" character in under a day.

But that only means you have the character. It doesn't mean you know how to do shit. Give a man with no training a Level 20 Mesmer and he'll be useless. Meanwhile, someone who's really fucking good at play Mesmer is a nightmare in human form that can completely fuck the other team in PvP.

You can't even do that cause the game limits the number of pearl items you can sell per month.

Costumes aren't that difficult to snipe off of the marketplace although you'll need to be patient to get the one you want. I've been able to dress up 7 of my 8 characters with costumes sniped off of the marketplace and I afk most of the time. I suggest putting all your money in one major city and parking a marketplace alt there. Helps you snipe pearl items. As for good content, imo lifeskilling is comfy as fuck but the pve content is pretty damned boring until later levels when. There are a two challenging dungeons that can be accessed late game as they're designed for parties. If you want you can just life skill your way to duo/trio and then attempt them with parties.

What private servers have you played? This is highly important.

the mandatory cash shop shit is pets, you need them even if you buy the other packs. Sadly to play dress up you need irl money to buy the costumes(because once you get the gear considered best for your class you won't change it, thats why buying costumes come into play) or if you feel lucky you can try buying costumes from the in game market but so far I've only managed to buy 3(best time to get it are in the morning and Saturday after the weekly reset).
If you want to change the color of your costumes and gear you need a Merv's Palette(gives unlimited access to all colors and you can apply them at will), problem is that you need a Value Pack(you can get from the ingame market place for silver but it's hard to get one).

I tried Mapleboar but dropped it because it was buggy shit. MP recovery passives didn't even work and several of the maps crashed the game when entered.
I'm not a fan of Maplestory, I was just using it as an example

Are there any decent outfits that don't require pearls? Being able to get them off the market is fine but I'm talking outfits I can work towards while leveling. The three things I care about from this game are comfy grinding with enjoyable combat, dressup, and exploration.

Well you can do dress up (having multiple costumes) if you have unlimited goy bucks, or if you can make a good amount of silver and win bids on costumes for ingame currency.

read my other posts in the thread

this is one of the worst games that exists for dressup

I miss malv
When's he coming back?

shid
Well is there at least comfy to be had in exploring the world and sailing in a boat?

Malvarose#7775
That's his new Discord tag since he wants to larp as an android boy toy. Send him thigg and bully his puny penis.

When will imageboard groups learn to stop putting trannies and traps in leader positions?

there definitely is in exploration, there are a lot of areas that are not even used in the main quest and so it's kinda fun to go poking around various places, although unfortunately there's not much reward for it beyond the fun of exploration itself.

however, the trade system is tied into exploration somewhat and it can be a good way to make some serious dosh if you spend some time with it.

He only got leadership because he was the first one to organize/make the threads. Now we have an actual High T leader that hates women.

You forget that exploration nets you a huge benefit. Energy from knowledge.
You can get 250 energy from exploration alone I think.

I mean back to bdo

You have to acknowledge that he's a real girl

BDO is a decent mmo imo, it has it's ups and downs.

Things I like:
- Combat is pretty fun
- Life skills are interesting and useful (except for hunting ;__;)
- Game looks great
- Open world pvp is something that should be in more mmo's
- Redditors get mad at you when you kill afk fishers

Things I don't like:
- Cash shop is jewish as fuck
- Certain cash shop items being near mandatory for any post 50 grinding (pets, max weight increases)
- Game runs like shit. If you have a ssd, make sure to install it there
- Item upgrading can be infuriating at times
- New players can play in a double xp new/returning player server for their first 30 days. While you can level up pretty quickly there, you will likely end up leveling your character faster than you can upgrade your gear, causing you to be way undergeared for your level
- Limited social activities. Outside of pvp, bdo is mostly an online single player game.
- Large scale fights are laggy as fuck, game desyncs all over the place.
- The game can feel almost like a job at points, it's definitely not for casual players. (Or people like me who want to juggle multiple mmo's)

BDO is a game that I find myself getting really into every now and then. Playing it all day and night for a month or two before burning out and going to play something else for a bit.

ITC is under new management.

well youre only going to get the grinding part if you play BDO

So its there, you all keep saying how someone with less can beat someone with more, but that they have to outplay. but at equal "skill", that p2w fag is still going to beat you

if you want to claim pvp is good in this game then yes, I'd want to my fights to be fun because the person is an interesting fight and not have dull fights because the person i'm fighting is essentially an hp sponge that will rape me for 1 wrong move.
Shit game is shit.

Hunting is the only steady way to get the best elixirs though.

Just bought it for $7, any tips and tricks for someone who has no idea what they are doing?
Also is there a character limit like Tera?

There is but you get plenty of slots.
Yes, finish the tutorial(ish) area, then get on our discord. Or get on the discord first.
Have you already picked a class?

ESC-Config-Game-Turn OFF notifications(thank me later)

There is a limit on how many characters you can create, try getting the free character slot they are giving out for the new class on the Loyalty shop(F3).
Follow the Black Spirit quests, it will usually send you to new areas and he will give you inventory expansions for that. Press O, you can follow the mainquestline from there
In BDO there are Energy and Contribution Points(CP), you get energy by exploring new areas and learning about the world(press H, you get some knowledge from quests and from talking to NPCs via a minigame) and CP from quests(you don't get level xp from quests, just Contribution XP)
Energy is used in life skills like gathering, it isn't a bad idea to spend some time to increase it.
Contribution Points is used in renting various items from NPCs(weapons, remote access containers for your residence, farming fences, etc) and to invest in towns to unlock more bank space, more workers lodging and residences that you can use.
Right now there is a Black Stone(Weapon/Armor) event going on, save them, you will need them later to upgrade gear.
Gear in this game can be used on any character(except class specific weapons) so a lvl 5 can equips a lvl 60 gear. To level up gear you need Black Stones and Concentraded Stones if you are leveling them up from +15 and above(+16 is PRI, +17 is DUO, +18 is TRI, etc)
Join a guild if you can, you get some buffs(or don't)
You can respec skills freely up until lvl 56, after that you need either money or 20 days of Loyalty(daily log-in currency)

There is a character limit, though you can buy more slots from the cash shop

As for tips:
-Take your time leveling
-Follow your black spirit quests as you get them, he will keep you at level appropriate areas and give you some okay starter gear (You will need to complete a black spirit quest to hit level 50 anyway)
-Talk to every npc in a town when you first get there (will increase your max energy)
-There are a fuckton of side quests, don't try to do them all
-Start learning about how the worker/CP system works (vid related)
-Weapon enhances cannot fail up to +7, armor cannot fail up to +5
-Make alts even if you don't plan on playing them. Max energy count is account bound, so alts can build up free energy even when you're playing a different character
- Once at 50, the Black Spirit will give you daily boss scroll quests. Do the scrolls in a group if possible as everyone gets drops from the boss. (5 people with 5 scrolls each gives 25 drops per person)

is there any difference between buying the steam version or directly from them.
how gimped will i be if i get the $6 deal
only really wanted to punch some shit and make a functional village/home or something.
might be able to get 2 friends to play casually with me.

If you think you won't be too invested then the steam deal is good since it's a low initial investment.
Apparently, the steam version doesn't use the standard launcher, so someone in EU couldn't get on NA servers. They got around it though.

one you reach lvl 49 you need to complete a small quest to unlock lvl 50, just talk to your Black Spirit and he will give you the quest.
At lvl 50 you will be able to attack and get attacked by other players, if someone attacks you you are free to attack them but if you want to attack someone first then you need to activate the PvP Flag(ALT + C)
Killing players reduce you Karma, when you reach negative karma you can lose gear level if you die.
You regain your karma by killing mobs or negative Karma players.
There is no benefit from going Red(negative karma)
You can socket Gems/Crystals in your armor, they will be destroyed if you die to mobs(they don't break if you die to players, unless you attack them first)
You can disable some chat channels by hovering the chat and clicking on the Cog on the tab(disable RP and Channel, the cancer on both these chats can be transmitted virtually.)
Something about gear leveling(enhancement), if you fail you get 1 Failstack(more if you use concentrated stones), each Failstack(or fs) will increase the chances of success on the next try, each level have a cap on how many failstacks can be beneficial(example, for a +15 attempt you have a 2.5% of success and each fs adds 0.5% chance that caps at 25fs = 15% success chance).

You need to buy pets no matter the version you get. You can also try the game for 7 days and people ingame can buy a copy for you so they can get a exclusive pet or 1k pearls only available for those that gift the game, you need to be lvl 30 so they can get the pet, just ask in channel chat(orange chat) or server chat(need megaphone, 100 Loyalty. Green chat).

you just gave money to greedy gooks who literally do not care about you

looked up some pet details, auto-pick up sounds very useful. I cant buy them with in-game currency? Also people would risk losing $10 for those rewards? Doesn't seem bad to me considering i get the game for free through this method.

you can buy pets/costumes/value packs and some other stuff with silver BUT they are extremely hard to get because everyone in the server will bid for them(items in high demand enter a "bid" phase where everyone in the market at that moment can click the bid button and enter a raffle to see which one gets the privilege of buying it).
The only reason people buy pets is for the auto-loot, without them you need to manually get loot(you need to stop, press R and R again to collect, takes 1-2 seconds. Annoying AF). You can mash two pets together and get a higher tier pet that loots slightly faster and gives a slightly better bonus but this is not worth because it takes upwards of 60 dollars(yeah sixty dollars) to get a Tier4(I personally have 3 T1's and 1 T3 that I got for free from some events, works for me).

Yea if you want to get the the traveler package for the pet it's worth it.
You could get the next 3 pets with silver but it's hard to win bids on pets.

Dink is shit at the game

NIGGERS

I just bought an expensive T4 horse and can't even drift it because my skill is too low. How do I fix this?

Let it die goy, let it die and then spend more sheckels on a new horse.

You need to train it(constantly use it and completing the minigame), after some time you will max it and you wont need to do the minigame again.

The minigame is the "Tap W and S to not fall off like a dickhead" right?

yes, and once the percentage of the skill gets higher the minigame will slowly stop appearing.

Pro tip: If you want your horse to master charge you can get your horse stuck between training dummies in Heidel and spam it there to learn it without failure.

waifu posting time?

So I downloaded this at work, because fuck the internet here. Having since gotten back, rolled a Dark Knight, and started my 7-day trial, my experience:

Things started off inanely easy with the tutorials and shit. The most recent quest I got was to find some guy in a cave, who has been evading me for some time. The game is incredibly easy, and the first thing I ran into that didn't die in three hits was some sheep with red names on a mountain. The other side was a bit more interesting, since the first batch of giant goblins with purple names standing there actually took zero damage. So I ran off, holocausted the red goblins on the other side of the road, then came back and holocausted the once-purple-now-red ones.

Am I mistaken in assuming that "red" means level appropriate?
Also, should I be keeping these horns and shit, or just selling them?

Grinders complained that the mobs were too difficult so you won't see any difficult ones until valencia. Gooks ruin everything tbh. They should have just released BDO in the west and not in KR.
You should be turning in drops that say xxx for xxxxx silver. You really don't need to save anything aside from black stones.

So they turned the trash mobs into OHKs because a bunch of gooks are shit at video games?

Fucking hell, I think my grandpa aimed his gun the wrong direction.

yeah gooks mostly play mobile shit now days, i dont know why people use japan or korea as examples of high end modern gaming when the only actual games they are any good at are starcraft or assfaggots

Gooks are super autistic about their grinding so they dislike any challenges that might slow them down. It's why grindy games like lineage to do well.

Oh also you used to be able to kill people and loot their trade items but the gooks complained about that too and removed trade item drop on death. So now there's no point in being an outlaw aside from a slight exp buff.

Thanks to all you anons for the solid advice, only another four hours until the download is done.

Oh no my $7 what will I ever do :^(

Ayo where my Project Gorgon niggers at? I want to shitpost with you goys again ;-;

Did they even add anything interesting to that game lately?

despite my short time playing that game, it had such a weird charm to it that made me enjoy it then most MMOs out there.

I stopped playing when everyone in the clan dropped off the face of the earth or not long after desert dungeon.

There's a reason people stopped playing that, and it's because the dev was retarded enough to expect people to jump from the crypt with its level 20-25ish gear straight into the ice tower, which is for level 50+. Since Gorgon is balanced so that levels mean only a few extra points of HP and MP and gear is everything, you could grind to max level and still get slaughtered trying to do anything harder than that fucking crypt for the 9 trillionth time.

That's a fucking trombone.

Can I transfer my pets to a new character?

What's the best nude mod?

You don't need to transfer pets, they can be used by any character on your account

As long as they are in the same server, i.e. NA, EU, etc

Alright. I made an account on their god-awful site in the hopes of utilizing that 7-day trial. There's literally nowhere I can find a download around here.

so you went here? blackdesertonline.com/tryforfree

yeah, and I can't find a download anywhere.

There should be a link on your account page. Just log in and click "account" on the top right. The download link should be next to where it says "free trial" or whatever it's called.

the first one you find on google

wtf in what game red means level appropriate? lol. white name is on lvl, green is below, grey is far below, red is above, purple is "you probably can't fuck with this"

best moves on DK are ravage rake and repeated annihilation btw

they removed the gift pack since jan. 2017

that is untill you get awakening, also repeated annihilation is kind of trash until you get atleast 4 attack speed

ravage rake is fantastic in nearly every encounter

Are there any interesting PvE areas that would warrant coop ?

The new expansion area getting added to our version this week is pretty endgame pve focused, comes with a bunch of weekly miniature raid quests and a neat guild boss.

Until then there isn't to much that you really need a party for, whale and sea monster hunting is something you do in a group plus grinding mobs is generally more efficient with a party.

How's 8ch guild/team whatever? Does it have any redditors/furries/halfchanners/other scum?

You need a party to grind Aakman and Hysteria dungeons also.

Came back to it after a year

Things I noticed:
You no longer have to reroll a ton to get the right awakening skills, you can just go up to a weapon merchant and select which skills you want to awaken, and which effects to give from a set list. It then costs some memory stone thingy if you want to swap out your level 50, lvl 52 skill or whatever.

Blackstone weapons and armor seem to drop a lot more, I just got a ton when I logged back in to reacquaint myself with controls and did catfish/manshas/ mark of shadow cultists

Also, you have to restart your game after going to settings- game - turn of system notifications to stop all the popup market listing spam.

I have shit gear and am level 52. I don't know what 440+ gear score is, but I probably don't have it.

Combats great.

I feel like I'm playing a single player game, overall that's been pretty rubbish. The Quest content is an absolute shit fest. I would love to be able to just jump right into PvP but the game won't let you do that till level 50. Straight up this game isn't a sandbox, its blatantly a themepark, and a pretty lousy one at that.

Its still better than Arch Age though. Arch Age's combat was just disgusting. But I've almost hit Level 40 and I'm wondering if there's even a point to playing this anymore.

Also locking the customization behind a paywall is just the most retarded thing I've seen a developer do. The game would be better if all basic dyes were unlocked and that the rarer ones were RNG/Paywalled. Similarly I would like to be able to at the very least change hairstyles.

The game reminds me a LOT of vindictus, only without the instancing. This game also might as well not have been an MMO given how little player interaction there is.

Kryo, but he's cool. He sounds like he's constantly drunk or sleepy.
no, never. okay, maybe like 5 that we took in that were cool, they browse both

Gear score, or GS, is a summation of your AP+DP.
For anyone 56 and above, it's awakening AP+DP

Gear Score is your awakened AP + your DP. We don't care about your gear if you're from this thread though. You'll be able to get your gear up to that level pretty easily just by leeching guild payouts if you're not a retard.

We merged with YC the cuckchan guild a while ago, but really only ended up with 2 or 3 people from that. We've taken in another 3 or 4 from outside 8ch, but our core is still players from the original 8ch group.

Ok, I'll pm someone in discord, but screenshot is what I've got.

How about instead you just don't make me set a fucking family name, or you don't make it so it has to be unique for fuck sake?

Do you know how many people in the real world share the same fucking family name without any relation? They don't have a _3_ in their god damn names to denote that they're not related.

bad game

Which fucking server are you pansies on?

North American. There aren't separate servers like Edan/Uno/Orwen anymore.

Guild Wars let you use spaces. I'm pretty sure numbers weren't allowed, but I might be wrong. That was nice.

Thankfully I didn't have to think hard, since my IRL family has its own unique in-game family name.

Am I doing something wrong or all melee classes play the same?
I got level 50 musa from like a year ago, and decided to try ninja, berserker and warrior.
They look different, but they play exactly fucking same. Or am I missing something crucial?

Musa has crazy self-heals, close ranged aoes and a good dash, zerker can grab chain and warrior tanks

The differences are more apparent in PvP, but for PvE the difference matters the most for Musas since you won't be grabbing or tanking that much in PvE.

I mean I loved to play as musa, it's just these other guys feel like less/more mobile version of him.
Maybe I just need to pick him up instead of starting new one.

Musa isn't that great in PvP compared to zerker or warrior but imo he's still pretty good when played right. He's a flanker and aoe disrupter but he's squishy since he lacks a good block and his self-heals aren't as fast as zerker's. If all you do is PvE then he's pretty amazing because of his aoes and his dash.

All the pve is popcorn one-shot enemies until Valencia 'dungeons'. So while grinding all the classes pretty much do the same thing.
Musa used to get the piss about their performance in pvp but they're actually very useful, just not in giant group brawls. No other class except maybe Dark Knight can catch him but you'll always get 2-3 retards that try. Distracting enemies is almost as good as killing them.

I don't play PvP in mmos.

The classes are vastly different, but since pve is so easy early on you'll have to at least get to Valencia content before you start noticing. Also once you hit 56, you get your awakening and that changes everything.

FUCKING GOOKS, WE NUKED THE WRONG ASIANS

You forgot:

Guild Wars 2 of all things got this right. Wtf.

fuck off nigger

i got banned for 365 days for vanposting, fuck my life

Hello

yeah thats why i recomend you play ogrefest and play it like skyrim, that way your not paying money every time you want to change your character

Your pserver runs like ass though

I have only one question. Can I make a Kawaii Bishi teen/shota boy? Or are male characters limited to 3 protein shakes a day build?

All male presets aside from zerker are already bishi. You can adjust their bodies to make them look like teens.

depends on where you live, runs pretty fine on my end

Had I known that the game had gender-locked classes, I might have reconsidered my purchase. This is 2017, nigga, why does this shit exist? This ain't fucking Lineage II. Even EverQuest didn't have locked genders.

there is a free trial you know

lol nice barricade swastika on lacari stream

How Kawaii can I go? I need maximum Kawaii..

I've seen people making convincing trap warriors. Musas and Ninjas already have feminine gook faces so you shouldn't have trouble with them

So Striker is essentially Asura's Wrath with actually gameplay. Cool shit.

On the small chance I decide to buy this game, it'll be on the absolute last day of the sale.

If you could skip the tutorial bullshit when trying out a new character that would really push me in that direction. This shit's fucking obnoxious.

his awakening is a stand

Last time I checked out the discord you guys were an autistic mess. Did it get any better? Honestly that chased me away more than anything else.

I think I found my new main. I'll be on after and hop on discord with you guys.
Anybody wanna' go sailing?

Half the reason I got the game was to go sailing nigga, sign me the fuck up

I'm interested, but I went to see what cash shop items are really needed, and found some posts saying that the 'suggested' collection of cash shop items come up to 451 pounds. Thinking this was ridiculous, I found a list of 'required' items…which still came to 55 fucking pounds. For what the post was claiming was 'bare minimum'.

Apparently, you stupidly increase your grinding ability with the temporary weight increases or something, which makes them incredibly valuable. I'm a bit put off now. Why the hell do you need to blow so much cash?

Because it's a KMMO and they need to recoup the dev costs of ripping all the fun out of the game.

I'll holler for you in discord if I can get this fucking patch downloaded before I need to go to bed.

I'm here, I think I went by "Biggai" in Gorgon and DarkScape if any of those guys are around. I was also with the BDO launch crowd as "Loopsy" but I was a quiet autist basically just there to pad the numbers in both games so I don't think anyone remembers me. Both were very fun times and I've come back to BDO recently since I learned it somehow didn't die. Been working my ass off to get a proper node network going, it's definitely paying off and I enjoy the game a lot more now that energy isn't used for fucking everything.

We're all pretty weird, just come in.

If you're lucky you can find them in the Auction House.

yarteb stop talking about ogrefest, its trash shit

Tamers.

We have a new discord that's better organized, new leadership, and the guild itself is more structured. We win actual wars and not just T1 fights against CoSA. We're still an autistic wreck with people bitching and hissing at each other in voice chat, though. That's part of the charm.

The only cash shop thing that you need is pets.
No autoloot fucking sucks. You can pick those up on the marketplace if you get lucky with the bids and the game also gives them out for free every now and again.

Early on carry weight is real limited, but once you get one or two of the free ones from the loyalty shop and start bringing a mount around to carry all your shit it stops being the thing that gates your grinding time.

Pretty much what said.
Pets are the only thing that feel necessary, since you're going to be killing dozens of mobs per pack not having autoloot will really fuck you up.
Pets, costumes, and value packs can all be bid on via the marketplace with in-game silver though, and weight/inventory expansions can be purchased with Loyalty you get from logging on the game. I'm level 60 and I've never felt it necessary to get more weight than what the loyalty expansions gave me, and I waited a very long time before even getting those.

I bought this on release but never got into it, seeing this new class though is making me want to give it a shot

Also didnt want to invest in it because I heard tons of stories about how the game gets completely fucked up from future patches.

Russian removed open world pvp or something?

Speaking of which, how is the open world pvp.

why is this game running like shit on my gf
I have a 1080 meme in her

No big fuckups like pvp getting removed in patches, the general situation is something comes out in the KR version and we get it a month later.

Right now there's two kinds of owpvp.
If you are in a guild, you can freely attack anybody in a who is in a guild that is currently at war with yours.
If you are not in a guild, or want to attack somebody who your guild is not at war with, either you or them will have to flag for pvp and attack them, whoever does this will turn red for all passerby and upon attacking suffer a karma penalty, with a further penalty if you actually kill them.

You get karma back from killing mobs, the max you can have at any time is 300K, which is enough to kill one person 3 times before the next kill puts you in negative karma.
While you have negative karma you are permaflagged for pvp untill you go positive again.

those mechanics change slighty while you are out in the desert, killing somebody will give you an outlaw debuff for 30 minutes, which will permaflag you for the duration, if you die during that time you are transported to a prison area which you can pretty much just walk right out of.

Then there is the margoria ocean, in which there is no pentaly for murder whatsoever.

If you join ITC we always have a few wars going on at any time so there's plenty of owpvp if you are looking for it.

It could be that your CPU is the bottleneck.

Sounds bodacious, will hop on in about 10 hours

Are the dyes still retardly expensive and hard to find?

Why am I failing this horse tooteral?
I have already tamed a wild horse but this wooden one is eating all of my ropes

Is this an actual thing? I'm pretty sure the tutorial quest wants you to tame an actual horse.

CPU bottleneck.
Game is also the kind that will occasionally stall waiting for the server to tell you where all the useless NPCs are located.

Oh man I miss that old in-game ambient sound and music. I should really mix it up and grind with the sound on.
Also yea, try it on a real horse. I don't remember ever doing a that on a fake horse.

yes its basically filled with them

Thanks Goering, you too.

yes, they/we merged with a halfchan guild a few months after launch, and haven't had any real recruiting standards since then.
as for furries, expect the porn channel to be spammed with furshit and occasionally gay furshit.

What happened, did your grab desync 31 times?

We haven't done recruiting since then.

i'm glad my porn spamming made you upset too

I forgot how good the character creator is

Why are you browsing the degeneracy channel user?
Are you a degenerate?

Haven't played this in like a year. Have they finally made it to where you can pay dress up without having to pay for dumb rng dyes and added more free outfits?

yes, upset is exactly how i'd describe it

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

That's optional now. You get merv's palette and it can use all the dyes you want. Merv's palette is included in value packs which you probably already have if you bought the game. (check your account page)
You can pay silver for your costumes now. I win them frequently. It's around 25m per outfit package.

You can buy outfits off the marketplace now, since idiots will shell out 30 bucks for 20mil silver. As for dyes most everyone just tends to run value packs that let you use whatever dyes for as long as the value pack lasts.

shit i have enough to get it on sale.
how sandboxy is it?
is there trading? can i be a happy merchant?
can i make a cute trap?

25mill for outfit package that is worth almost 30 bucks wew
still debating on whether to get back my old account, mainly cause ffxiv stormblood happens in like 20 days. its probably stacked to all hells as well.

Not runescape-tier. It's some kind of weird hybrid.
No and yes. You can't player-to-player trade, trading is a lifeskill where you can attach a wagon to your horse (or horses) and buy stuff from 1 town, then sell it at another.
>can i make a cute trap?
Not really, but you can make reverse traps.

dont play unless you are comfortable with dedicating a significant amount of time to the game. it's a good game if you don't mind a lot of grinding and cancerous cash shop stuff.

Setting up a big old trading network is more or less the best way to make money, a little later this year they will be implementing a system where you can get workers to run caravans for you and shit.

also the character creator is pretty good, its a possibility.

oh yeah, apparently I have 3 of them for some reason.
Thank fuck for that. One of my biggest gripes about the game was how limited the character customization was. sure the character creator was nice, but it was awful when 90% of the players looked alike because of locked pay wall cosmetics.

Maybe I will try playing it again sometime. How's ITC doing? Left right around the halfchan joining. No idea if they crashed the guild with no survivors or not.

It was only 2 people from YC who joined and ITC is still going strong.
We are a bit more organised and proactive about purging cancer now as well.

Because you went for the 100$ pack. Lucky you, those are basically free.
No they integrated easy. The ones that came over weren't faggots, they chose us over the other cuckchan guild for a reason.

meant for

Are you okay?

Currently downloading it for the trial and good god this launcher is absolute fucking garbage. It doesn't show the actual download speed and disconnects all the time.

I just quit ff14 because I don't think it's fun doing the same Simon says fights all the time with absolute retards. I'm going into this game with a chill mentality, don't give a fuck about min maxing.

Well the fights are better. You can take it easy if you like but there will be times when you're gonna feel like you need to be dedicated.

there are no pve encounters like ffxiv, just punching bag world bosses with occasional 1 shots and dynasty warriors grinding
dont go into the game expecting instanced group pve

Level 30 now. Still haven't seen a black desert, and I question the accuracy of the games name. Seeing if I can power my way to Level 50 before the 7-day trial is over. First, a redaction from earlier:

Does purple-named mean that an enemy is level appropriate?

And a few more thoughts:

Are you supposed to use the Black Weapon/Armor Stones and pick-me-up items like Value Packs now, or should I be hoarding all of that shit until I get into the 50s? Just the gear I'm getting from the Black Spirit and whatever small animals I kill is enough to shred things.

Should I just be ignoring all of the "go kill 50 of X" quests from the NPCs and follow the Black Spirit line? I'm overleveled as shit, and it feels like the only time I'm leveling up is when I'm killing things with red/purple names, so I'd rather just keep plowing through. But if there's some reason to be a completionist with this Todd Howard-tier Radiant Quest bullshit, then I don't want to miss it.

Desert is a level 56 or so area. Purple means high level compare to you. Use black stone to upgrade your gear to +15, ask around in the discord for what gear to use based on your class. Most of the quests are worthless, Black Spirit line is the most important.

That feed was perfect.
saved

im a girl btw

Malv is a trap.

Can you use a controler to play the game? at least the melee part.

You can and from what I'm told it handles fairly well.

Better pucker up that ahnoos

Ah good. I just don't want to break another mouse by smashing buttons.

Also, I've heard you can breed horses and pets, right? Is it a very expensive hobby?

Can you also breed servants or character create them?

You can catch horses in the wild and breed them, horses come in t1 to t8, you can catch up to t5 in the wild too, where up until not to long ago it was t1's only.

The gist of it is you get a male and a female horse, level them up by riding them around, then stick them in the oven for an hour and see what new horse pops out.
Males can breed twice, while females can only breed once.
After that you can exchange them, which is effectively another breed but you loose the parents doing it.

What tier the foal is gets decided by the tier/level of the parents, as you go higher the rng gets worse.

If you are just taming wild horses or buying low tier ones it doesn't jack shit, but its not particularly profitable.

You can breed pets, which kind of works the same way horses do, pets go from t1 to t4 and level up from being fed, and much like horses, the tier of pet you get from breeding relies on the level/tier of the parents.
However, you always loose the parents from pet breeding so you are loosing 2 pets to potentially get a better one, there's also the fact that pets are from the goy store, although they are purchasable with in game silver off the marketplace when they get listed.

You cant breed or create servants currently, PA have talked about expanding the worker system though, so it might be something that's possible in the future but don't bank on it.

So everything is an RNG madness. Is it painful to breed many t8 horses? to at least have some to ride and others to offer their services to other breeders.

t8 horses are a special kind of rng hell, they are rare as fuck.
That being said, if you breed a t8 its possible to get whales to send you pearl items to list them on the horse market, which is completely open and this not in any way guaranteed to them.
A clever fellow might even be inclined to make deals with multiple whales and get a bunch of free cash shop shit.

t7's aren't all that rare, t6's are fairly easy to get and still bretty gud if they learn some decent skills.

I see. Interesting.

Also, couldn't you get pearls by going whale hunting? I mean actual whales and not just people with lots of income.

The actual whales give you meat, tendons, oil to graft perfectly balanced food, potion elixir consumables and molars to make accessories.

Pearls you can find by gathering on the seabed.

So I guess the sea floor is full of players harvesting in-game currency.

Well not peals the cash shop currency, pearls as in regular pearls.

Although you might find people willing to gift you cash shop pearls for whale materials getting listed.
There are people that dumb out there

Oh…. I thought you could actually get cash shop pearls by doing some particular quests. I guess the publishers are actually über jews.

BDO is pay to win garbage that pretends to be sand but is really theme and doesn't let you affect shit and makes you spend way too much time on minimal output, especially if you dont shell out.

y-you too…

Depending on how many Value Packs you have, Id probably wait till you get a stronger handle on the game so you can take full advantage of the reduced market place tax and exp boost.
Enchants are guaranteed up until +5 on armor and +7 on weapons, and you can extract that many stones from your gear at the cost of destroying the piece. So you can either get the trash gear you're using right now to +5/+7 and just extract the stones later when you're done with the gear, or you can invest into a better set and start gunning for +15. I'd suggest getting the Magical Armor chest piece from your black spirit quest line then getting 3 piece of heve for the helmet, gloves, and shoes. You could also use 2 pieces of Grunil for the AP bonus, but that set bonus will be broken as soon as you get your boss gloves.
If you're able to do the "kill X" quests quickly, they give CP exp and you could start investing into worker nodes, but there are better ways to get CP. Hit O to view your quest list and go to the "suggested" tab, there's an entire section that shows you quests that give you inventory expansions. I would ignore everything that isn't either one of those or a black spirit quest line.
Grey is way under your level, white is a bit under your level, green is appropriate to your level, red is over your level, and purple is way over your level. Grey names will have reduced drop rate and give next to no experience, and you'll probably miss a lot of hits on purple names unless your gear is way better than your level. The most effective thing to do is focus on green and red names while you level.

Most of the purple things seem fine. Though I tried my hand at the Level 50 Bandits that spawn on the road. I couldn't tell how much damage, if any, they were taking, so eventually I just left. Honestly unless the DR mechanics are making them take 0 damage from every hit, it'd probably still be doable, since they can't really land a solid melee hit. The only real troublemaker is that damn archer. Oh well.

It's not DR mechanics, its accuracy mechanics.
The higher level an enemy is compared to you, the lower the chance you have to hit them is, which can only be raised with more accuracy. It's going to become more apparent to you when you get a little higher level if you try to go to chimeras or catfish before you're the proper level. It'll be taking you 5-10 hits to kill purple names, then as soon as you level up and they become red, suddenly you'll be killing them in 2-3 hits.
If you have enough accuracy to reliably do damage to purple names though, by all means keep grinding them. What you should be looking for is the highest level monster that you're able to kill entire packs of in 1 damage rotation for the most optimized grind.

So whats the tier list when it comes to all the classes in small and large scale pvp? I was going to roll a Striker but hear that they arent too great in a lot of situations.

Also what class has the most ways to just fuck with people? Berserker can chuck people into the ocean so thats pretty nice.

Witch/Wiz are the best large scale classes, they have single nukes that can one-shot people, buffs that make them and their guild unkillable, and heals. They get fucked in 1v1s if they aren't able to get a knock down and one-shot, though.
Dark Knights are top tier in large scale, and the best in small scale. Every fucking move they have is either an i-frame or a frontal block so they're impossible to deal actual damage to without being able to grab them, and they're the only class in the game that can drop large damage while running away / chasing you.

Those 3 are the current meta, no other class really compares right now. Everything else is pretty viable except for Ninja and Valk which are just shit classes with better alternatives.

Warrior has the best all-around utility, sorc has the best ultimate skill, musa/plum has the best harassment, ranger has some of the best damage. Everything is pretty viable if you learn how to play it, so just roll whatever looks fun. Striker's problem is he's an unawakened class, and KR hasn't had his awakening long enough for us to really know how awakening changes him. As he stands right now, he has pretty much no damage but has access to a ton of CCs which allow him to keep his enemy stun-locked in a 1v1. Pretty useless outside of the 1v1 setting right now, but I'm sure his awakening weapon fixes that.

And how are the giants?

Do I need to fish somewhere specific to get wash-up laundry? Or can I find it anywhere in the world? I'm trying to get the components for the Thermian Casual outfit.

I'd argue they're the best 1v1 class and have the strongest group CC. They're strictly utility in wars though, you're going to be running in to a group of enemies and stunning them for your damage dealers to come in and kill, or you're going to be grabbing a high value target out of the enemy lines and running him back into your group so that they can kill him. Unless you're able to stack a ton of AP, you wont be getting kills by yourself in group fights.
They have a large HP pool, self heal, chain grabs, and group CC but they lack a block or i-frames for proper defense. They're in an interesting situation where everybody who plays giant thinks they're the worst class in the game, and everybody who doesn't thinks they're the best. What everybody agrees on though is that they're the absolute best class for kidnapping AFK fishers.

You need to fish in fresh water, can't fish it up in the sea.

Well fuck me, there's two hours of my life gone.

Interesting. I might have to look some guides if I decide to buy the game.

Also I've heard that this game rewards having multiple characters and alt hoping. I'm mostly interested in playing one character, so I don't know if that would be a disadvantage for me.I'm somewhat only interested in playing big guys.

Anyway, is any big woman character planned? seeing most classes have a counter gender class.

It rewards having alts just because you can take advantage of their energy pools, you don't actually have to play them. Until Striker came out, I had strictly played warrior since launch, so you'll be fine.
They seem to have dropped the counter gender concept a while ago, we never even got the male archer that they showed pictures of before the game was out in Korea. Now they seem to be focused on making every class completely unique from the rest. Pic related is the next planned class, seems to be a female assassin with one of those blade-on-a-rope chink weapons.

I see… is a shame there are not more big classes. Or even an orc class to be hones.

I have like 70 mails with shit in them because I haven't played since release, jesus fuck

Is 82 million silver a lot

(checked)
Please tell me that is only a joke and it was Dev/pub incompetence, even if all their MMOS are built around being drones, I'd like to at least pretend a big open sandbox to break the monotony wasn't shouted down by FUCKING GOOKS wanting more of the same

If you just started? yes
In general? No

Some of it is available for transfering between characters, some of it is not. example: bound(character) & bound(family)
So be careful and take your time collecting it. Read descriptions. Ask if you're stumped.

It actually performed poorly in KR to the point where they had trouble finding a publisher and when they did the publisher, Daum, stepped in an made a lot of changes to the game. You see a lot of mobile-esque mechanics in the game since Daum is a primarily a publisher for mobile games.

And that was before the beta started too? Jesus, I guess the gooks really did only want a grindfest

Any character can receive your mail. Most items mailed to you can be transferred anyways though.

actual whale hunting is fucking shit for actual money, the only real reason to do it is for the materials to make your own consumables, and even then it's a hassle just to make a few.

pretty sure most of the changes people complain about were just the devs making grandiose claims and realizing partway into the development cycle that a lot of those claims wouldn't be feasible to implement in a reasonable amount of time.
this story of the devs casualizing the game due to complaints from the KR playerbase is probably totally bullshit

Is it better to grind in a party or by yourself?

no reason to grind with others until you get to mediah.
If you're just starting, everything will be easy to kill. It's once you hit level 52 and go for mediah that things get more complicated. Your gear will most likely not be enough to clear chunks of mobs like before so partying with others often helps speed that along despite the exp splits.

If you're somehow a god and have gear to match some of our level 60s though, then you should always solo.

Is that you, KIDF?

I'm sorry, do you not get bonus exp for being in a party?

no, you get 60% for a 2 person party, and 50% for 3-5. partying for exp is ONLY worth it if you're clearing twice as fast as you would solo (or if you're being carried), and that's pretty rare considering most grinding rotations can be solo farmed as fast as the mobs spawn. there are some exceptions like aakman and the upcoming kamasylvia content which are meant to be party grinding locations, but in most cases so far it's worse to grind in a party.

You some bonuses i think, but each individual monster killed gives 80% of it's total, then 60, then 50. Or something along those lines.
I don't have the chart unfortunately. Try searching the forums.

This doesn't sound like an MMO.

if you got more exp from partying, then it would be completely shit to ever solo grind. im fine with not being forced into a group when I want to do anything

Sounds like an MMO 👌

The exp is split like this:
1 person: 100% each
2 people: 60% each
3-5 people: 50% each

Mobs also give a bit of bonus exp if you're in a party, though I don't know the exact number off the top of my head. It's always worth it to 2-man unless you kill monsters at twice the speed of your partner. Also if you have a 3-person party, you only profit by inviting more people and making a full party unless you're grinding for money.

Giants are in a really weird spot, the 100% in their unawakened tree easily the best cc skill in the game, using it properly a single giant can effectively win a 30v30 fight on their own.

The problem is that skill has a 1:45 cooldown and outside of that one skill you are the lowest damage class by a significant margin, from 1/3rd to 1/10th, even with a massive gear advantage and the highest hp pool, every single class can just trade hits with you and kill you comfortably.
That's before you factor in super armor and forward guard skills, which giant not only has the least of out of any class, but are the only one to lack it on a real damage skill, meaning in group fights they aren't capable of fighting on the frontline, or really contributing to damage outside of the 100%

Grab chaining, when it works can lock down a single target for an absurd amount of time, but outside of a 1v1, this will typically get you killed in wars as other enemies peel for you, meaning something the newly released striker does better since they can loop their grab into itself permanently while also being covered by super armor while locking somebody down.

This sort of leaves giant as being the only strictly support class in the game where classes like Wizard/Witch and Dark Knight exist. As a result, anybody who plays giant will tell you its the worst class in the game, anybody who doesn't will tell you its one of the best.

It is one of, if not the least played class in every region outside or RU, being completely dead in KR and subject to mass rerolling in NA/EU.

All that said, it has been the subject of pretty massive sweeping buffs recently to bring it into line with other classes and round it out so if you are willing to stick it out as a support while they fix is problems you will get a class that is genuinely a blast to play with a really high skill ceiling and a great credit to your guild in wars, just don't go in expecting to do any killing by yourself.

Also giant is probably the easiest class to get boss weapons for since their gear just sits on the marketplace at minimum price.

Post good armours.
spoilered for lewd second pic

The best.

I don't know why that had a reply on it.
More Armour

I see… I might need to look at classes and builds not to fuck up.

You can reset infinitely before level 56 and after that they useful skills will be readily apparent. it's hard to mess up unless you max out auto attack or something. The real character building comes of gear and add-ons.

I see, and the awakened giant is at least decent? I like the idea of a canon puncher.

For PVE you can kill things much faster with the cannon. In PvP you'll be using your grabs and beast skills often but you'll be able to deal decent damage with cannon skills in your rotation.

Giant is great in pve once you hit 56 and have the buster, you'll never need to use pots while grinding mobs.
While their skills have pretty absurd pvp damage reductions their pve damage is quite high.
The only real issue is that they chew through weapon durability a bit faster than other classes, but that's not a big deal.

So giants are great for PvE but not so much for PvP.

Never been a PvPer myself but I don't want to be at a disadvantage.

In pvp they are great at supporting a group with mass cc, but very reliant on others to do the direct engagements.

In smaller scale stuff like 1v1's up to maybe 5v5 they do really well on their own, but their lack of SA, iframes and block makes them fall off really hard in big fights.

Giants play very differently in PvE than in PvP more than any other class. You wouldn't want to use your grabs in PvP since they'll slow down your DPS but for PvP you'll want to grab and disable key opponents as often as possible and use your aoe CCs. His grabs are also very accuracy reliant so you may have to use separate gear for PvP,, though that's slowly becoming true for every class nowadays with the rise of evasion builds.

Grabs all have 100% accuracy, in fact giants are one of the least accuracy reliant classes in general.

The issue with them is that the grabs are slow and prone to getting resisted or missing outright because a mix of slow startups and quality netcode.

Did they change that? Well you'll be wanting to use Saiyer knot for PvP anyway for the evasion.

user, I don't know why these two are trying to sell berserker so hard, but it's really not a good class to start with. Its pve grinding ability is the worst by far and it needs a good amount of gear to be useful in pvp, as you need to survive long enough to grab a nigger and slam dunk him back into your own group, like a tall, muscled mother bird delivering food to her chicks.
Giant just isn't in a good spot right now. Maybe in the future it'll get better but all the tamers, valkyries, and maehwas are still waiting for their buffs too.

Is just that I like playing as fucking huge people. I wouldn't mind any other class if I could choose races or something.

Well, if you're willing to tough it out a full DP berserker is a pretty glorious thing in pvp.

It was always like that, also pvp you wanna choose between Kutum or saiyer.
Saiyer for a bit of extra overall defence, and Kutum for the resist ignore and second crystal slot. Kutum is probably the better all around offhand, but Saiyer is isnt a boss weapon.

They are fine in pve, great grind speeds if you know what you are doing. They just aren't in the retard tier like witch/wizard, but really who is?

Are they still crying about their shield? I thought that was fixed already. They're regularly recruited for node wars and clear speeds are good if you cycle through buffs correctly.

Must have been thinking of warriors my bad.

maehwa, ninja, valk are arguably worse
just like every other class in the game aside from witch and wizard

I see many terms and abreviatures I don't understand. I didn't buy the game yet.

Anyway, how is the striker? Can you make it big? I wouldn't mind playing as a giant martial artist.

valks are pretty dull in comparison to the other waifu classes

striker is a muscle man who awakens into a JJBA character, complete with stand

Dink is cutie

wowlewd

Post better Valks.

Alright, lets say I want to rip and tear in world pvp all the time and not worry about the karma penalty. Essentially just be red forever. What class should I pick?

Musa seems like a good pick for easy getaways.

You would be right.
Something that top-level koreans did was have 2 level 60s of the same class just to be perma-red on one of them.

Warrior, wiz/witch, and zerk would be good picks too I imagine. They're also hard to kill.

Musa is a good pick for memeing on randoms in the open world. Dark Knight more so though.

Dont really want to play the fotm class so I guess ill give Musa a shot. They seem pretty fun

Dark Knight isn't so much fotm as it is the most OP shit ever.
It's a melee class with the most iframes and immunity frames while also having more range and aoe than all the ranged classes somehow while also being able to chase down Musas.

Surely that just means a nerf is incoming though, right

Witch and wizard have been all of that minus the mobility for the better part of a year now. To my knowledge Ranger and Tamer have been the only classes to get the hard nerfhammer.

I read somewhere that the devs dont want to touch wizard/witch and warrior, they just plan on buffing everything else to the same level

Nah, probably just going to buff the class more.

twitch.tv/videos/147678752?t=2h58m9s

I'm pretty sure you were there from the beginning too, Windalgo. Why the fuck does every 8/v/ guild in every game end up infested with crossposters?

it's a class that rivals sorc with the amount of iframes it has, which cost mana instead of stamina (read: free), has a Q block in awakening, has aoes that rival the size and damage of the best aoe classes, and can spit them out while remaining insanely mobile.
they can combo pretty well in 1v1, making them more or less the most cancerous class in the game.

That was an obvious crash attempt by Windalgo. We all went to watch just to see Wind fuck with them. It turned out to be really boring except for the times he got a chance to speak. It was all shitposting.
It should be obvious past this point