3DS Homebrew Thread

"Banwave Edition"

General status of firmware/modability: n3ds.info/
The guide to modding a 3DS: 3ds.guide/

FreeShop (discontinued): freeshop.pw/
FreeShop fork: notabug.org/arc13/freeShop/releases
gbatemp.net/threads/release-arc13s-freeshop-fork-open-source-eshop-alternative.468436/
Titlekeys: 3ds.titlekeys.gq/

Homebrew Launcher: smealum.github.io/3ds/

Pastebin: pastebin.com/7JAD1x3U

Unban methods: archive.fo/Iwp6t

Other urls found in this thread:

3dbrew.org/wiki/Recovery_Mode
nds-card.com/ProShow.asp?ProID=149
mega.nz/#!XgMgWBgC!dVpp0LnQYPxe8_P0pvRU5oSkUtujU5xzqIvtYNON9Ds
github.com/d0k3/Decrypt9WIP/releases
3dsiso.com/showthread.php?277023-MEGA-Devil-Survivor-2-Record-Breaker-Undub-1-0-Durarara!!-(USA)-(Region-Free)
3ds.guide/finalizing-setup
3ds.guide/a9lh-to-b9s
youtu.be/ELhJ2umqyOQ
github.com/SciresM/EULASetter
git
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Almost confirmed that the cause is leaving spotpass on at any point within the past few months.
Don't use sleep mode faggots.

anyone know how to make hzmod work?

Sauce, and, how do you turn it off?

Nintendo is going to have a "Summer of Play 2017" this year. I live right next to one of the events. I want the free metal water bottle, since the my nintendo online rewards are complete shit.

Anyways, you have to sign it with your nintendo account via qr code. Considering the ban wave, should I be worried that they might v& me?

Nope

Go into your internet settings and under spot pass turn off "Send information"

Holy mother fucker, I swear to god I switched that shit off the day I opened the box. How the fuck was it on? This is MS tier jewery.

It gets automatically turned on if you agree to the ToS for online play of Nintendo games. And you're right, it is MS tier kikery.

Thanks for the information. Looks like I'm gonna stay offline for a bit since I'm not interested in incoming games outside of an eventual Etrian Odyssey V, and since my 2DS already has all the games I'm interested for.

Thinking about it, my other 2DS has the request for update popping up every day, how do I remove it without updating ?

Behind the times user, that came out last August.

??????

You're the kind of cuck that told people to " just shut up and click agree" when Valve created that shitty TOS that was essentially" Agree to anything we want, now and forever OR kiss games you purchased with your money goodbye."

So, Steam? Not to mention a retarded amount of games have no-Steam cracks or can be run completely independently of the steamapps folder/Steam itself.

Pretty much. Why EVEN BUY GAMES YOU TARDS. YOU CAN DO IT ALL 4 FREE

Pretty much. Purchasing should be the exception, rather than the rule.

Yes my guy! Wish more people could listen. Even if you get banned, you can always circumvent it. Don't play when you can just get a bigger piece of the pie. Though, as for the braindead consumers, that's another issue….
Yet. It's good, because the pirates are always the minority.

Bans only hurt those who give a fuck about playing online. I will NEVER pay for anything with the Nintendo brand on it, unless it's used, and at a local game shop. Fuck Nintendo for the shit they pulled in the eighties.

Nope.

Sony-CEO detected

That was the nineties, where Nintendo murdered former employees who dared to try to kick Nintendo off of the top of the handheld market, insisting that Phillips knew better than Sony, because Phillips developed compact disc technology.
The eighties was "make games for us, and only us, and only as many as we let you make, or you don't make games for us, period". Namco had to eat a lot of crow, crawling back to Nintendo after trying to put a bunch of shit ports on the Mega Drive, thinking that would be enough.

literally nobody cares

Mexico allegedly has a government, and look at that shithole.

Welp. I bought a n3DS and installed Homebrew. Now what? Where are my free games? How do I install them?

Are you fucking retarded? Just asking because you might not realize it yourself. That forced correlation astounds me with the sheer level of your stupidity.

Ellipsis… Are….nice

I have God's grace on my side it seems.

Same boat as this guy, except I did it all on purpose because I'm a bit of a paranoid.
Also don't set a game you don't own(specially an out of region game) as a favorite title and avoid using streetpass.

So I got banned, should I keep using the free shop or what

Yeah. Nothing is stopping you honestly. LOL.

Wait fucking serious? No threat of V&? they ain't gonna call the cyber police on me or nothin?

Nope, only online. Remember when they threatened a brick? So much for that LOL'. Also, use the new freeshop version. I forgot what it's called, but it's a different project from the pedophile.

How do I go about getting that version of freeshop
I'm not very good at the modding shit

Can anyone fill me in about freeshop's situation after that thing?

It's a fork project. 2.1.3 stopped due to the guy programming it being a horny pedo who hosted CP for his horny, slutty needs.
I think he sold some too, but I can't speak about the quality of said CP because I've never seen what was for sale.

Feels like PSP CFW again

Too bad there are hardly any games worth giving a damn about in this system.

I just dropped house for exactly this shit

You are a special kind of stupid. Lurk 2 more years before posting again.

God damn I miss the '80s.

Which one?

Wow this thread is off to a bad start. Memeing summer was a mistake.

I haven't touched mine for a while, just disabled Spotpass, updated Luma3DS (manually, latest doesn't support A9LH) and updated to 11.4. eShop is working, so mine's apparently safe.

For those wanting to be useful, I still need an answer here -

The eternal Summer problem. Even though it's been debunked as a myth (not a lot of new people during summer, normalfags want their beaches and bitches.), there's still retards playing through it to be more retards than usual. Ignore and report, as usual.

You got that partially downloaded update through spotpass, you can delete it by booting your 3ds in recovery mode and hitting no on the update prompt. Yes that's it.
3dbrew.org/wiki/Recovery_Mode

According the the usage stats traffic on imageboards did regularly increase during summer until 2010 where they stayed permanently above average. Summer hasn't ended for 7 years.

It seems to work, thanks a lot.

As for the debunked myth, it's the Eternal September all over again. A cookie for those who lived through it.

wew

lad

I'm thinking of getting a 2DS now that they're dirt cheap. I'm not to bothered about 3DS piracy but how easy is it to get NDS roms to play on it?

It's as easy as buying a flash cart.

I know it's kinda off topic but is Citra working for some games yet?
I have been out of the loop.

Anyone else want to confirm the A9LH replacement is crap?

Consider carefully. They're based on O3DS power, if you want to use them for homebrew or SNES emulation don't do it. A few 3DS games don't work on it either, and some other ones perform much better if you use CFW with the N3DS CPU enabled.

Why aren't you using freeShop, and doesn't hourglass9 do .3ds conversion these days?

The game I was looking for wasn't on freeshop, and I'd rather get a cia that just werks rather than fuck around for hours trying to convert something.

How expensive would the cart be?

Eh, I really just want something I can play the DS Castlevania's on, Mario Kart 7 which I could get pre-installed and The Alliance Alive if it turns out to not be shit. I don't want to be breaking the bank on this thing. Also I'm used to PSP CFW, and 3DS CFW seems pretty intimidating by comparison.

About 20 freedom bucks. I recommend this one nds-card.com/ProShow.asp?ProID=149

No

Well then a 2DS is fine, just as long as you're aware. 3DS CFW isn't all that awful to do it just takes a bit of time. Just please make sure you follow the guide carefully. PEBKAC will not be excused.

Also hope that eventually TWLoader will replace the need for a flash card but for now it's only good for loading the odd homebrew.

Just, die.

That game being?

I found it mega.nz/#!XgMgWBgC!dVpp0LnQYPxe8_P0pvRU5oSkUtujU5xzqIvtYNON9Ds

Gen 1 R4 carts work with Luma + a special homebrew launcher and wood r4 firmware. They shouldn't go for more than 5bux.

Is there any way to load DS games in the native 3DS resolution yet, sort of how Nintendont boots gamecube games in Wii Mode. That's all I want, honestly.

Nice.

At least the australian guy is hot.

There is a way to load DS games in their native resolution, if that's what you mean. That's not even a CFW thing, that's built in to the basic system.

Are you going to be a cock tease, or are you going to tell him how to do it, faggot?

I don't mean to shrink it, I mean without any ugly filters Make it look sharp.

Quadsman, it looks blurry because it's stretched. The DS and GBA have lower resolutions than the 3DS, so the image is scaled to fill the screen. Holding start or select while booting a DS or GBA VC game will load the game at the native, smaller resolution. So pick your poison.

So apparently even if I turn on my 3ds to check and see if I was banned they have people with 3ds's that have not been on for months and have been banned right?

so is the only way to check if your banned is going online in a game or checking your friend list?
did anyone pinpoint the exact reason its happening or how they are picking individuals?
there probably a good chance im banned since i streetpass, all i been doing on the 3ds lately.

There have been people who have it on or off and have been banned I think, there is no real pattern yet.

I just learned about shinesparking in AM2R, and I am pretty pissed. How the fuck am I supposed to know about this secret move? My enjoyment has decreased because of this bullshit.

Yeah, super fun, guys.

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you're just shitposting ironically, but it truly depresses me that there are people who honestly think like this.

So I am a double nigger but how do I get DLC with freeshop?

I bet you try to shame people who's ancestors owned slaves too

Never ever ever had Spotpass on. Both mine and my gf's 3DS were not banned. I don't even give a shit tbh. Only game we play online is MH4U and I'm getting tired of it.

So what's up with boot9strap? Is it better than A9LH? What's the difference? Should I bother updating my shit?

Don't bother yet, there's nothing that takes advantage of what it offers yet.

Go to the list of games you've downloaded, tap on the game and there's a DLC option.

I think the same no homo

Fucking hilarious. I still enjoyed the show as stupid as some of its scenarios were. Wasn't until the final season that I got sick of it and never finished it.

So how do you know if you're hit with the ban?

I mean when I turned on my system to change settings, I just got some preview of a game through spotpass. But nothing stating I got banned or anything.

I've never played super metroid, which is apparently where this secret came from. How the fuck am I supposed to know about a secret move that came out in the next game in the series, when I haven't played that one?

That is totally counter-intuitive.

Do I get a message or something telling me whether or not ive been banned? Cause I turned on my 3DS earlier and it wouldnt connect to the internet, though it could just be my internet acting up again or something.

Wake me up when you're Ninleven years old, son.

Open the friend list or try to go online with a game.
It will kick you out with an error message.

Before you do that, turn off your internet router so your console doesn't connect online, then go to setting > spotpass and disable it, then in the same menu, disable sending things to nintendo.
Bans can be distributed through SpotPass, apparently.

I haven't touched my 3ds in months. How do I know if I have the boot9 instead of a9lh?

You have A9LH, as B9S was only just released and you clearly don't recall making the switch.

how do i update my decrypt9 with this again?
github.com/d0k3/Decrypt9WIP/releases

okay i unbanned my 3ds but i now can't update my luma from lumaupdater. im in 7.0.5. system is in 11.4

how do i manually update?

are you on a9lh?
because if you are, then news for you: aurorawright killed all support for a9lh

Yeah you'll have to download the older version and copy its arm9loaderhax.bin in manually.

Just overwrite your older Luma payload if that's how you have it set up. Unless you're using that new hack in that case it's a different method.

where are the payloads located? what site should i download the a9lh updates?

also, how is a9lh dead?

Why

How thicc are samus's thighs? Holy shit

Tbh fam MH is the only game that is worth online play cause it's fun. Though after 500 hours it does get a bit tiring.

/luma/payloads and they're named _programname.bin where is what you need to hold to load it at startup. Just replace that with the new decrypt9.bin, don't fuck with A9LH at the moment. Also A9LH was superceded, in theory, by boot9strap, what sighax was leading up to. But according to someone in last thread it's not quite ready for prime time, even though 3ds.guide and Luma3DS are pushing it.

I do not believe this. If replacing that part is a ban then why would A9LH be any different?

How do I disable spotpass?
I can only turn off automatic software downloads and sending of system information.

that's pretty much it

I mean, it's still shitty and I feel sad for people, but holy shit you literally asked for it.

From what I gather it sounds like some games automatically reenable it when you agree to go online with them without telling you.

Aurorawright is such a faggot. You can't just totally overwrite and erase your old projects because you moved on to something else. Leave the fucking old github page alone and make a new one for the new project, jesus christ.

shit, seriously? I was wondering why the program kept crashing
should I just leave my device as-is, or go through the effort of installing this new exploit that apparently does nothing?

It does do something though, it gets you banned for life from Nintendo online services!

B9S isn't the problem.
Nintendo has had this banwave coming up for months. They've been collecting as many consoles as they can through SpotPass so they can hit as many people as possible.

The trigger for this was the release of SigHax/B9S. It wasn't the cause of the consoles being identified and banned, but it was the trigger that made Nintendo so furious that they banned everyone within a couple days of release.

alright, but are there any reasons to move, should I be okay with an outdated version of Luma?

No reason at all.

OP, INCLUDE THIS IN NEXT PASTA
Boot9Strapper and SigHax are optional. There is no benefit to using this form of hack until devs create custom firmware, which may take months.

I haven't touched my 3ds is a long while. I have an O3ds with a9lh installed running firmware 11.3.0-36U.
Is it still safe to update sysnand to the latest FW version?
Also, should I upgrade from a9lh to the new hacks?

The agreement is a one time thing, different games won't ask you to accept Nintendo TOS if you already accepted it in a different game since its universal.
It only happens if you haven't accepted TOS before. So for example, let's say you turn off botnet but haven't accepted TOS yet, you go into a game and it asks you to accept TOS, you accept it and it re-enables botnet.
But if you turn off botnet AFTER accepting TOS, then you're free. At least I never had anything ask me to accept TOS again after I did it once and I turned off botnet forever ago.

If you're on A9LH+Luma, you can update freely.
If you wish to, you can use ctrhttpwn to connect online without having to update to 11.4, in case you wish to keep access to 11.3 hacks available. Not much point, as you can use a variety of tools to downgrade back to 11.3 if you feel the need to.
Also, on A9LH, it's just a NAND. SysNAND was only for EmuNAND users to make a distinction.

I must have thought of the switch from rxtools to A9LH

Fair enough, was just going off hearsay since I don't really use online stuff much to begin with.

nintendo turns it back on, mongoloid

Undub/Uncensor user here.
If anyone cares, I added the Durarara!! characters unlocker to my Devil Survivor 2 Record Breaker Undub. They were originally JP-exclusive characters available during a very limited time period through SpotPass, but someone figured out how to unlock them with save editing (and they are actually fully translated inside the US/EU version files) so I had a Save Injector made to unlock them.

3dsiso.com/showthread.php?277023-MEGA-Devil-Survivor-2-Record-Breaker-Undub-1-0-Durarara!!-(USA)-(Region-Free)

It's gonna take until 2 more threads before the pasta is edited. You've just started the process.

That's really cool user, thank you for your work.

What do you mean? Is there something I have to do besides just paste that statement in the OP copypasta?

Guessing that only works for the foreign version and not the original Japanese?

WHITE PIGGU GO HOME

It probably works for JP as well, won't hurt to try at least user.

Fair enough, I'll give it a look after I get around to finishing Overclock

I think it was in Zero Mission, which comes before AM2R.

So I tried to turn on my cfw'd 3ds tonight and it "turns on" (shows blue light), but doesn't do anything else. Am I fugged?

You can download the previous Luma3DS release and use that. Have you never heard of version control?

Yeah but what exactly was the cause? People playing hacks while online? I've got game sharing turned off for friends, and didn't be so naughty as to choose a hack game as my favourite.

You need to tell us how you have it set up. The good news is that you haven't got a BSoD error. That's a true brick.

Well, I have a N3DS XL, I followed the luma3ds modding guide listed in the OP about a year ago. I use a 64 gig SD card (could an SD card corruption fuck up my 3ds's ability to boot maybe?) And I have tried turning it off, then back on yes I tried holding the power button as well.

What is it about SigHax/B9S that pisses them off so much? That people managed to get such control over the device?

Try booting into Decrypt9 or something before the proper boot and see if you can or not.

I beat Medusa in SMT4. It was pure RNG bullshit. At first she kept using electrical attacks on my air elemental and once I was down to my dinosaur with null pierce with one hit. The boss spammed pierce for five rounds. It can't have been my moderate LCK stat.

Welcome to MegaTen

Unfortunately no dice, I tried all of the buttons too. I also just tried booting it without a flashcart, again no dice. I worried mang

Try taking the SD card out. If your 3DS boots into system menu you're using themehax and emuNAND. If nothing, you're probably using the older A9LH. If you have a spare SD card on hand, try downloading Decrypt9, rename the .bin to arm9loaderhax.bin and put it in the root of the SD card, the see if it boots.

Newer A9LH can boot an arm9loaderhax.bin on ctrNAND but I don't really see the point in that.

Of course. The bootroms are the root of trust in the 3DS. It'd be pretty disheartening to see your system broken over and over again, and now it's pretty much game over.

I'll give it a try tomorrow, I'll report back if I have issues. Thanks for the help fam

The boss literally exists to sell the level-up dlc since the difficulty drops like an anvil afterwards.

How do I merge two cia files containing DLC? Installing both just fucks it up so I need to merge them somehow.

Unpack both on PC, merge.
Not possible if you don't know what you're doing and whatnot and no offense but I won't spoonfeed either since it's a case-by-case thing and too much effort.

this is the first I've heard of this. What makes it different from/better than A9LH?

For the end-user? Pretty much nothing, other than the fact that faggots in the scene are trying to push it so hard (Luma3DS dropped support for anything older than B9S for example, but you can just download the version before the switch and you're fine).

Fine for now, but what happens when the next major 3DS release comes out and requires an update (which I think would be Ever Oasis on the 23rd)? Has someone forked Luma to continue A9LH support?

I only have emunand luma. Can I install B9S through luma or what?

Why would you need to update luma for a single game?

It's more if the game itself were to require updated firmware, which would require luma, which would require boot.

As far as I know, every version of Luma is compatible with the latest firmware (could be wrong), and games only make you update if they're online or are physical carts.

Me again

I was running an old version of a9lh it seems (didn't boot without sd card either); however I tried running the new decrypt9 (on a different sd card) as you suggested and I'm still having the same problem. still fugged?

You dumb nigger. Of course it was. Do you even understand what the fuck I am angry about?

Just to verify, you copied Decrypt9WIP.bin to SD card's root as arm9loaderhax.bin? If that still doesn't work, can you access recovery mode? (power on while holding A+L+R+Up)

Yeah I did, but crazy thing; I just put my original 64 gig sd card into it again and it booted up without issues, kek. Would it benefit me to update the decrypt9 on this card?

Copy the entire contents of the SD card to a safe place, then attempt to update Luma. Hell you might as well go full bs9.

Any good games come out in 2017 for 3DS?

I'd leave it alone, just update Luma3DS to not-latest but last one that supported A9LH. Maybe your SD card contacts were just a bit iffy?

Go back to reddit.

I hope so, that was weird. Anyway thanks guys, I'll back up my shit as soon as I can.

All Google gives is laughably bad sources for lists (Kotaku).

Ever oasis is scheduled for june 23. Everything else looks like shit. 3DS is basically abandonware walking. E3 is soon, and nintendo will be pushing the switch hard, along with their VR solution. There's also a summer of play in two weeks. Nintendo will be focusing on splatoon and arms.

try ign

So far it's been Monster Hunter XX, Fire Emblem: The Other Hero King, and Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 3 Professional. The Radiant Historia and Strange Journey ports/remakes look good too. Still holding out hope that we'll get another SRW for 3DS by the end of the year or early next year

Did the whole decrypt thing and unpacked them both but didn't manage to repack them with the toolset I used for whatever reason. It said repack complete but no files actually appeared. I tried just installing one and then backing up the files, installed the other and then merged their files manually on the SD. Not sure if this worked but the game doesn't crash anymore at least.

So long as I can open the Friend List app, I didn't get hit by the banwave, correct?
Considering I had SpotPass on for a pretty long time and only bothered to check after shit happened, but had my 3DS turned off for a couple of days(exactly before the banwave) while I replaced it's busted touchscreen, then that means whatever fuckery Ninty did to check if you were /scurv/ scum happened exactly before the banwave.

Because like I said, it has to be done manually on a case by case basis. You can't use the french faguette's hacking toolkit to unpack and repack DLCs properly as it's not configured for that because each and every single DLC requires manual approach to it as they're all different unlike game 3ds roms and cias.

N3ds 11.0.0u-33 here. The fuck have i missed and am i able to use freeshop? I dont even remember that being a thing.

anyone has the link to the mega with all the official themes?

Don't use any homebrew apps online, Nintendo might be banning based on whether or not you're running non-legitimate titles while connected online, stay offline with your system to really be safe

From the look of things, it seems the ban only affects online play and streaming services. Spotpass is off so im not actively sending system info. Would things like freeshop downloads and playing dlc be affected?

There's another Pokemon RPG coming out for the 3DS, according to GF's careers page.
My money is on DPP remakes, as they don't have any other RPGs apart from Conquest (lol) and Ranger, which was put on hold.

Yes, if you can open the Friend List you're fine.

No, you just go to Spotpass in settings and turn off both options, they they have no way to track you AND no way to even send a ban.
Who thought sending a ban through an optional service as a good idea?

I download willy nilly. In fact, I d/led extra stuff because they banned me, the fucks. You should be good.

The only problem im running into now is issues with DLC verification. For FE:Echoes in particular, when i try to access DLC it says it "cannot load from a bookmark due to missing content" and prompts me to redownload the DLC.
I download the DLC from the freeshop, but peculiarly, it only downloads about half the files when it reaches 100% and then suspends the download.

Ah, learned that the DLC for Echoes wont fully install until all of it is actual availible in the west. Polite sage because slow thread.

That's going to go on Switch, they never did two remakes per handheld generation and we already got R/S remakes.
It's going to be Twilight or whatever they will call the Crystal/Platinum/Emerald equivalent for Sun/Moon.
Alternatively Sun 2/Moon 2 in vein of BW2.

The way I see it, DPP isn't going to be remade until gen8 because every remake for 'generation n' has been made for 'generation 2n' with the exception of FRLG.

Or just "Star"

Semantics but yeah.

Yep, I legit think people expecting DPP remakes are deluding themselves, I just don't see that happening on 3DS.

Themely has to be the most broken custom software available for download on the 3DS right now. I just spent the last three hours just trying to shuffle some fucking themes, and it just keeps fucking crashing. What's the fucking point of giving 10 shuffle slots (which is still too few) if I can't even use up more than fucking half of them? How in the fuck do people use this shit, let alone prefer it to better working solutions?

I've tried both the "stable" and the edgy bullshit release, same shit. I don't give a fuck that it's free, or that it's being done in some retard's spare time; When you put out software available for the public to download, you BETTER fucking make sure that it fucking works. ESPECIALLY if you think you have the balls to make a 1.0 release.

Sage because fuck I'm mad

bump

so got two 3ds. both are murican
1 sits at 11.4 with luma 7.0
the other is at 11.2
both have streetpass on
i have not turned on either of them before the banwave started
how fucked am i? and how do i unfuck myself out of this?

The ban is server side. Streetpass seems to be one of the vectors nintenodo uses to flag you for banning. The only way to see if you are banned is to check your friends list (or try to play online).

In my 100% expert opinion, since my dad (and his dad) work at nintendo, I'd say you have a 75% percent change at being banned.

user pls
also on a9lh in both machines.

Any reason for me to update from Luma 7.0.2 to 7.1 on A9LH? Luma updater fails but I know I can do it manually.

upgrade manually to 7.05. For 7.1 aurorawright decided to be a fucktard and kill ALL support for a9lh

Yeah and B⑨S for whatever reason doesn't work as well. I can't believe it.

werks on my machine

so what are some decent sources for 3ds games?
obviously outside of thepiratebay and freeshop (I want to download a whole bunch to wait on my computer, the memory card in my 2DS isn't that big)

I only ever got that arm9 or whatever hack that was making the rounds back in January. I vaguely remember people saying that you can update the system perfectly fine with that, but can you? I'm probably safe from the ban wave by virtue of not being connected to the internet at all since April, but I want to make sure

Yeah, there's nothing wrong with sticking with Arm9. The added shit in the new hack is only for devs so far, end users don't see any benefit except it being from what I hear easier to do the initial CFWing.

isnt 3DS for babies? I mean aren't you adults? kinda creepy

If you just want to do that, then I think the WiiU USB Helper thing can download 3DS games too.

I've been following the guide in the OP
step 1 of section II in the finalising says to update and I'll be fine
is this right?
3ds.guide/finalizing-setup

Why the fuck would Holla Forums post a guide that you SHOULDN'T follow? When you are building a table, and the instructions tell you to insert A into B, do you decide that you know better than, and insert C instead?

Goddamn.

well no, that's why I was asking you fucking faggot
but thanks

another question, how does one install cia when everything is said and done? I used to do it through FBI, but one of the steps was to disassociate health and safety with FBI. I realise I could just restore that ability, but am I supposed to use one of the programs in the tutorial?

3DSIso, 3DSChaos

Install FBI through itself using the Homebrew Launcher version of the tool.

You mean worse right? Strap9 has the fucking fail rate of early downgrades, and then every update you have to do it again

You're fucking welcome. Enjoy your free games. And make sure you turn off spotpass.

Oh it does? I've been on Arm9, so haven't looked into it much, was just going off what I'd been hearing. Shit, that's pretty fucking awful then.

Anybody have the most recent A9LH rendition of Plailect's guide? I'm too retarded to figure out where to parse through earlier renditions of the guide; I know they're stored somewhere but have no idea where.

>Not banned

Did anybody uncuck the dialog for Dragon Quest 7?

Pretty sure the Japanese original is up on FreeShop.

Can't really read Japanese, friend.
Especially not for a game whose script broke records for its length

You're going to have to learn sooner or later, might as well start now.

Why would you even care about being banned on the 3ds tho
is it because of pokemon or something?

Why the fuck is there no official virtual console Adventures of Lolo for the USA region uploaded anywhere? I know I can just play it on emulator, but I'm giving it to someone who's going overseas and I'd like to avoid using some random guy's janky-ass injects if possible.

Looks like luma got updated. Is it worth going to bs9 yet?

HOW THE FUCK DO YOU OPEN DECRYPT 9 ON YOUR 3DS.

use it as a payload

11.4 WHEN

try the wayback machine

So I may have forgotten how to do that

I think you hold start and power button at the same time.

So is hourglass 9 the same as decrypt9?

I think they both do something with dumping .cia's. Hourglass is safe (for newbs), whereas the others are more hardcore, and can fuck your system up. Very little reason to use it, as it is more of a dev tool.

hourglass9 is decrypt9 with features taken out so n00bs can't inadvertently brick their 3DS. Same deal with safemode9 vs. godmode9.

So can you still avoid the banwave if you do local multiplayer? I know some people who are being paranoid about that stuff.

should I update?

Yes. But seriously, update what? Learn the art of asking questions.

Whenever I launch a DS game I get a black screen, and the game doesn't start. Anyone know how to fix this?

You mean a physical cartridge or flash card? Or TWLoader? What is your setup? You need to learn to ask questions well too.

Physical cartridge (Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy Tactics A2, Rune Factory 3, 999 and Radiant Historia, as well as a DSi game (Shantae)

I have a very weird request, and maybe some of you can help out.

With the fact you can launch GB/C/A VC, you have technically access to any main Pokemon games on a 3DS, and it seems that games like Sun and Moon have tags for older version pokes who are transfered to them. In addition, there are already some tools to ease the transfer for some gens (the homebrew banks, notably), but there's still a missing gap concerning two gens, the second and the third.

That being said, here are the questions:

Thanks in (Game Boy) Advance.

2nd and 3rd gen are completely incompatible because they reworked the stats of pokemon. That's kinda why they even bothered with remakes in the first place.

ok

It was years ago, and things changed since then, the games are known and their data can at least be located. Can't something at least fetch the boxes' data and change them to a compatible format for the next gen, if only in one way ?

You don't think Gamefreak doesn't know how their own fucking games work? Besides, I think the VC rereleases have been updated to use the new stats system.

From the info I gathered

I don't really care what Gamefreak knows about their own games. I care about what homebrew makers know about the games and what they can do to fetch data and help the transfer from one generation to another, should it simulate the systems already working, forcing one-way trips or so on.

Apparently, if you updated via system update, it reset the spot pass options. Welcome to the club.

Hopefully, now that the 3DS is completely cracked, the devs will be able to make a tool that can auto change the LFCwhatever on the fly. And maybe get the code out so that anons can set up their own servers for multiplayer.

meant for

Any idea what gets people banned yet? Is it from playing CIAs that were installed manually? Like the ones that show up with "Version: 0" in FBI?

SpotPass has a feature to send info to Nintendo.
Apparently this data includes sending played titles, so they banned people who were playing titles that didn't exist to Nintendo.
It was automatically turned on when you enabled SpotPass on some games and people didn't know.

Download the update so you can do an offline update (it does this automatically in the background) then disable your router and update, go to settings then turn the option back off.

In other news, Pokemon Gen 2 coming to VC with Pokemon Bank functionality and Ultra Sun and Moon are coming in November.
Mite b gud.

werks on mine. not even one crash

Update to B9S. It's super simple.

3ds.guide/a9lh-to-b9s

I hear it's worse than A9LH at this point (slower to boot, possibly random crashes), but you're welcome to contradict that. I've been asking for confirmation a couple of times.

The boot on my o3DS is about the same. I've had a couple crashes with freeshop when adding a ton of stuff to the queue downloaded MHXX just fine, only happened when I was queuing up the entire Game Gear library. B9S was updated to 1.2 pretty quickly so you might have been hearing about peoples issues with 1.0/1.1, especially before luma 8.0 came out.

I'm not playing 3DS much these days anyway, I'm happy to give it more time. I only even dug it out to check for a ban.

I just softmodded my N3DS and it boots pretty quick.

fug

I think it's very obvious what I was talking about considering this is a 3DS thread. If you're that unsure just say something like "If you mean update the 3DS, then go ahead.". Why do you even bother responding if you just make posts like this? Do you also go around and tell people to google everything?

Can I remove the region lock without risking a ban?
Dont want to pirate just want to play imports.

Try NTR or one of the flashcard launchers designed for r4 + clones on GBAtemp.

Assumption is the mother of all screw-ups. Did you mean Luma3DS? A9LH to B9S? System Menu? Don't be lazy when asking for help.

Anyone know how much till a 11.4 hack is out? I was following the 3ds.guide for hacking my buddies 2DS, but I got to a part where it said to update. Now I've hecked it and don't know what I did wrong..

Looks like the atlus remake "leaks" were confirmed.

oh eo5 is finally getting a localization announce. i'd given up hope and was going to play the nip copy.

Do it anyway, localizations are shit

All three of those games look boring as fuck. Why should anyone care about those? The fucking "animations" are Pokemon red/blue tier. As in, press A to attack, enemy sprite shakes, and number pops up showing damage dealt.

TRULY A GOLDEN AGE OF GAMING

I want a localization of My Hero Academia

youtu.be/ELhJ2umqyOQ

Holy shit this is incredible. We now truly have complete control over our 3DS' and it literally takes seconds to install if you already have A9LH

Try TWloader to launch your flashcart.

It's slower than A9LH and will likely stay that way unless they want to remove the processes slowing it down, which are the processes preventing it from bricking 50% of the time. Exactly 50%.

If you have Luma, it patches region lock anyways. If you don't want CFW, just install Homebrew Launcher and use HANS to boot the cart.
Turn off both options under SpotPass in settings, just in case, though.

I think they were only banning for 72 hours or so. You should be safe for now, but still turn off SpotPass.

Won't be out until the 2DSXL, probably. Then again, I heard someone from 4/hbg/ got one early and it was on 11.3, so maybe the devs are just being attentionwhores again, which happens often.

All Atlus games are the same, generally speaking.
You play them for the story. If you're after gameplay, play one and you've played them all.

It's still a meme and I will hate everyone jumping ship to it until they actually do something with this access.
At the moment it's nothing more than "listen and believe this is better".

GS being ported to VC makes me wonder if they can make the SNES VC titles multiplayer with a bit of programming, even though they're most likely going to have the already small screens for small N3DS screens even smaller for splitscreen games like Mario Kart and the japanese version of F Zero, although most SNES multiplayer games rely on every player on the same screen, with the camera following the first player.

How are you supposed to download DLC from freeshop for a physical copy? Isn't working for Echos although i suspect there might be some bullshittery with the way it works in that game.

3ds.titlekeys.gq has the DLC for the game, you just need to scan the QR code for the DLC in FBI, but be careful as the 3DS does delete pirated stuff if you ever open something like the theme shop or DLC shop in the game.

much appreciated

What's this about? I'm assuming by the way, that with sighax you can actually have the FIRM0/FIRM1 duality in case of corruption, whereas with A9LH one of them has to be deliberately corrupted for payload injection.

If it's not much slower I'll get around to replacing A9LH eventually.

That's a welcome feature. Always hated breaking system menu to use those programs. Installing as a 3DS program is generally preferrable though.

Pretty sure there have been some more recent updates to it because it is not slow for me at all. its the same as it was on A9LH. And SafeBoot9strapInstaller backs up your FIRM partitions before patching them so there is almost 0 chance of a brick now. Its the same risk as it was on A9LH.

I honestly don't see how it could be slower or even less stable than A9LH. A9LH worked by patching the ARM9Loader. Sighax works by patching the FIRM. The main difference is the FIRM takes priority over the ARM9Loader and you have much more control over the system. I imagine of the Luma related processes are slowing down the system you could free up resources by unloading some unused official Nintendo processes

The access is already being put to good use though.

The 3DS' boot process is as follows;
Bootrom -> FIRM/Arm9Loader -> Boot9 -> Kernel9 -> ARM9 Processes -> ARM11 Loader.etc

ARM9Loaderhax patched the ARM9Loader. Now the boot process is as follows

Bootrom -> FIRM/ARM9Loader -> sd:/arm9loaderhax.bin

It was a simple redirect. Now instead of going from the ARM9Loader to the bootloader, we're going from ARM9Loader to an arbitrary ARM9 Binary on the SDCard (or root of CTRNand)
Because Luma puts the FIRM partitions into read-only mode at boot time. That's it. This was not a perfect solution. If you updated from Recovery Menu for example you'd return to stock because Nintendos updaters always overwrite FIRM and thus ARM9Loader

The new way is superior because it actually directly modifies FIRM instead of just the ARM9Loader. Now instead of doing a simple redirect where we load memory patches into SYSNAND we have direct control over SYSNAND. The protection now supersedes Luma

Partial brick. Your TWLNAND became fucked. Its an easy fix. You just need to find the .cia file to reinstall it (I think its on the 3ds.guide somewhere)

I just want to be able to compress shit to save SD space.

Whenever I start a DS game my 3DS shuts off. Is the fix the same?

Note: This only works if both the game and DLC's titlekeys are uploaded - there are a few games whose DLC's titlekeys are uploaded, like the SRW titles, but because the game's titlekey isn't, it won't show up in FreeShop, and you can't download the DLC for it.

Cheers mate.

I tried going online and my jap 3ds keeps telling me to check the Nintendo Network service agreement. I did but nothing happened

am I banned?

i think that's a different sort of error, i've seen people complaining about it before (well before bans) but never encountered it myself.

oh, then thank god.

DO it anyway

Ya

This is the new "bits" of the 3ds era.

What retards are saying its slower? Its fine for me. Hell, I can run NTRMode3 on Pokemon SunMo with cheats on so its not like its using up more RAM than otherwise. Seriously what the fuck?

Asking again for , especially the first question, and adding the request for the GBC VC Pokémon games since I apparently lost my folders of GB/C/A VC games.

How fucked are Old 3DSes?

I was planning on buying the shitty remake of Strange Journey regardless, but I'm totally going to rent Ultra Moon later this year and attempt to dump it.

On average it's about 30-40% slower on boot and load, because it's well a hack job and the processes that make it not brick slow it down.

How good is HorizonM, and should I use it over BootNTR?

Any source to this? I run it perfectly fine. Is there a direct comparison anywhere?
How can it be a hackjob when a lot of the code was forked from A9LH? It works in much of the same way except now ARM9Binaries are in FIRM format and not Boot9

Is this going to be another situation where retards stuck to Emunand for the longest fucking time before going to A9LH because they had autism?

Convince me to update to B9S. I see no reason right now.

Native .3dsx loader and a lower-level payload format so things like Godmode9 are faster. And sometime in the future we'll have NTR functionality built in.

So I have everything up to date including Bs9 but updating the latest lumas makes it so the system starts up and immedietly shuts down. I fix it by using the backup .firm but is there any particular reason it's not updating properly?

It's probably because i have to update bootstrap9 I'll test later

What am I missing, Holla Forums? Besides the obvious Smash, Mario, etc.

The actual Etrian Odysseys and 6th Dragon VFD.

Okay, so what was the benefit of all this? I have to copy the .CIA file onto an SD then take ages to install it, whereas on Gateway I just copy a file once & I can play it. The only benefits I have seen so far is additional space since I'm not using emuNAND on the other device (while not using emuNAND adds additional risks) & I can boot directly into Luma3DS right off the bat (there's a way of booting directly into Gateway but again, emuNAND is safest). I tried FreeShop, but the 3ds titlekey site must have been down since it just kept timing out. I'm not sure that FreeShop is a benefit either since downloading over WIFI to 3DS is gonna be slow as shit as it won't even connect to the 5GHz band from my router, only the 2.4GHz.

The Wii U was much easier to softmod tbh & the shit just werks. I had gripes about Wii U piracy initially like having to host exploits externally, but that's since all been worked out. That's why I waited so long to use the newer exploits on 3DS, but I finally get around to it & I hear people are getting mass banned. Perhaps I arrived too late in the game. A new3DS would probably offer far more opportunities since emulators run on it better. I still have a DSTwo on my DSi XL that runs some decent emulators for simple things & I find myself going back to it for the emulators.

Super Robot Wars UX and BX
Sekaiju no MeiQ 4 and 5
Monster Hunter 3G, 4G, and XX
Kunio-kun games
Dragon Quest 7 and 8 and Monsters 1 and 2 and Joker 3 Pro
Kirby Robobo Planet
7th Dragon 3: VFD
Lost Heroes 1 and 2
Rune Factory 4
Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers
Bravely Default: For The Sequel
Bravely Second: End Layer
Fire Emblems 1-4
Super Metroid
Legend of Zelda: Kamigami no Triforce

Just off the top of my head.

It's slower. Everyone who has benchmarked it said it's slower by 30% at least.
Doesn't matter that they've got access sooner as they've:
a) not done anything substantial with it just yet (those luma updates are nice, but nothing NTR couldn't do already)
b) rushed out a hack that caused a 50/50 chance of bricking on every FIRM load and the fixed version was filled with safety checks that slow it down

CIAngel doesn't care about grouping DLC and updates with the base game; you can install anything manually.

You need to accept the JP EULA for online play.
Use this 3dsx:
github.com/SciresM/EULASetter
Set all bytes to FF.

Download the ROMhack, google for a GBA VC injector and go nuts.
They take a few minutes to make and can be installed easily.

O3DS will run SJ remake fine, but SuMo might have some trouble. It drops frames at various points, though GF might make it a bit more toaster friendly. The game was shitting itself due to insane polygon counts.

HorizonM is for streaming, which is does better than NTR.
If you're not streaming, stick with NTR for plugins/screenshots.

Check GBAtemp. There were dozens of threads complaining about boot times, and the few retards who installed SigHax instead of B9S bricked hard.
EmuNANDs are perfectly viable and teach you more about the system. I will stay on my EmuNANDs until there's a true reason to update.
Updating software just because there's a newer update is the worst possible thing you can do.

Gateways caused bricks, were easy to spot by Nintendo and were slower.
That's about it. It was just a less safe way of hacking the console, but was on the market faster.

How is Gateway less safe than invasive modding of the syyNAND? You barely touch the system & only fucked with the Nintendo DS Profile. The exploit is piss-easy to remove as well where all you have to do is insert a DS cart & run it then "poof" the exploit isn't there.

It messed around with the internals and would cause bricks if you did a myriad of things, such as:
-booting games
-booting the internet browser
-booting anything
-looking at it the wrong way

Am I lucky as fuck or are you exaggerating? I only had a few occasions when it didn't boot into Gateway mode, but no harm was done & it was simply a matter powering down & trying it again.

It bricked constantly.
No one knew, however, if it was due to the actual code they were using or if it was just a lot of cheaply made, defective units from China.

Either way, it was a dodgy thing.

I can't really take bricking claims at face value given how zealous anti-piracy faggots were around the 3DS scene. I mean, you had exploits that would have rendered Gateway useless very early on but the anti-piracy zealotry was so intense I wouldn't put it past any of them to put off masses of fake bricking claims.

You saw the anti-pirate who made a tool to fix some issues with Nier Automata? The 3DS scene has an army of those guys. You really gotta take those claims with a grain of salt.

They were all over GBAtemp before EmuNAND/Ninjahax came around.
The Gateway devs are complete cunts and regularly steal over people's code, so it's not a stretch to imagine they don't know what they're doing at times and are rushing faulty products to make cash.

I have one from around a 9.2-ish timeframe when the other options were crap like rxTools, but I was also new to 3DS in general. Haven't touched it since A9LH became the serious thing. Gateway stuff is very cruddy and full of proprietary lock-in. To list a few issues.
- Their hacks only work with Gateway stuff. No other useful programs can use them, such as HBL.
- They encrypt your saves so you can't transfer them easily to new hacks.
- Messy downgrade method.
- Their attempt at A9LH was a trainwreck. Does anyone have the screencap of the things they fucked up?
- Worse battery life due to add-on hardware.

Most critically, paying to pirate is totally obsoleted by freeShop and all the softmod hacks that 3DS has. I'm not so sure on BS9 from what people are saying, but A9LH is godly.

Is there a technical explanation for this? I'm super-interested.

is B9s needed to update Luma to 8.0? I tried updating Luma from updater v1.4.2 but shows update failed error. also, should i even update from 7.0.5?

Yes. B9S is needed for the latest Luma.
A9LH and EmuNAND can only go up to 7.0.5 and that needs to be done manually, as the autoupdater doesn't work due to Aurora Wright being mentally ill and only thinking about their fame.

The short of it was that there's a byte sequence that rotates every boot, and the hack only worked on a certain sequence.
That's why the OTP-less A9LH installs would fail seemingly randomly.

SigHax somehow made it even less stable, going from a ~5% rate on OTP-less to exactly 50% for B9S.

Check out SciresM's twitter/github, he does detailed write ups on all of that stuff.

should i hold out from updating?

If you want the extra things in Luma 8, then go for it.
Completely up to you.

i don't really. I just want things updated.

welp i fucked up my sd card and corrupted it

Don't fall for that. That'd require you to run an unhackable Vita, or Windows 10 "more cock in the ass". B9S is not a clear succession unlike A9LH to emuNAND.

Thanks bro.

now that i completely fucked my sd card via corruption. can i copy the contents of the sd card of another hacked ds and copy it on mine? will it work?

Man, you really fucked up. Where's your back up?

NO

what back up? nand? its inside my sd card kek. fucking sandisk

Nintendo Summer of Play soon, faggots! Who's going? I want the metal water bottle.

someone should fork their shit already.

It's shit. It was filled with niggers and faggots and jews. And that was just the staff. To get the metal water bottle, you had to play all the games and get a passport signed at each station. I walked out after 20 seconds.

Nintendo's jewry has led me to pirate everything they ever make forever.

What does Luma 8 have that 7 doesnt

Learn to google.

git hub.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases/tag/v8.0

Sounds pretty neat. Shame Nintendo autobans consoles that have B9S.

The most promising item is the debugger.

Stop propagating this myth you prat. Or at least post some solid proof that they're checking for altered FIRMs.