SS13/Space Station 13 Thread: DOOMSTATION WHEN? edition

DOOMSTATION FUCKING WHEN?

Space Station 13 is a multiplayer-sandbox roleplaying game that places you and a bunch of other narcissistic autists on a space station filled with all sorts of exciting new ways to die!

Simply download BYOND at byond.com/ and input the IP of your selected station, or join one of the many non 8ch stations out there.

byond://72.5.102.182:16261

Currently on CuckStation, owned by some guy I don't know the name of.

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/FNgyH23a
github.com/space-wizards/space-station-14/
spacestation14.com/wiki/Main_Page
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Nice

Here's your reply you retarded faggot

requesting fngy

I guess ss13 is a thing of the past for Holla Forums. Our community and userbase has grown too small to pick out fresh, creative minds and grown inclusive to shitposting clans.
Back to hoboing.

The issue is this, we're too autistic to deal with each other.

Think of how often you call someone a faggot in a thread, but now imagine you'll know who that person is next time. But imagine that you called them a faggot and they also did something that makes you have to wait 10-30 minutes to play the game again.

People are autistic enough to remember BYOND accounts and even hunt for them. Your CKEY's exposed at roundend as a traitor and the Who verb will reveal who you are and often deductive autism is used to figure out "who you just killed" by seeing who quit and joined.

This could be fixed by making the Who tab just show how many people are online and removing mentions of a character's CKEY.

I remember somebody posted pastebin with code, that makes you anonymous, including who and OOC.
Pic is kinda irrelevant.

small world

It IS a small world. At peak Holla Forums has less than 500 active posterd

I've been called out several times because of filenames. So much for anonymity.

h-here you go, user pastebin.com/FNgyH23a

I managed to comment out vore in vorestation code. At least, it's initiation.
Any other bullshit, however, kept the same as i'm done with that shit.
Fuckin' end me, nobody gonna use dat anyway.

But wait! There's more: by shamelessly copypasting looking at Citadel's code, I made second version with vore optional (AKA you can't get vored if you have disabled devourability for character). By default, everybody set to be not devourable.
Thus, there are two versions: One have it initiation disabled (and also have lobby title ruined) and one have it Citadel Station's way.

Preyfags think their opinion matters~

SS13's community has been stagnant and dying for years. The only new blood we ever get is when someone makes a youtube video and all the hub servers get flooded with assistants running around breaking shit. Barely any codebases are being developed anymore, and none of them are being developed at a decently fast rate. 90% of the admins are gestapo wannabees that jump on the chance to hand out a ban for any little thing they see fit. A huge portion of the veterans left still playing this game just grief and act like retards constantly.

I hope Gooncode or Lifeweb gets leaked, it might help stimulate this game into not being shit again.

I mean, I just found an user from this thread posting on another board, and that's not even trying.
There's few people here, and even fewer SS13 players.
We need more users, but all we can ever attract are edgy redditors who shit up the place, and halfchan users have been brainwashed by the japjew that everyone here is a pedophile hiding from the cops.

Goon got leaked last year, so that's fresh enough, but it didn't do much.
Lifeweb is a memecode that plays like shit. Randy only runs it so he can keep getting vodka money off retarded slavaboos.

Threadly reminder to, if you can, help code with SS14.
Discord: MwDDf6t
Git: github.com/space-wizards/space-station-14/
IRC: irc://irc.rizon.net/spacebus
Wiki: spacestation14.com/wiki/Main_Page

They need coders and artists, so most of us can contribute in some form.

so as someone who hasn't played in probably a year or so due to the intense fagatronics displayed by all the notice-me-senpai wannabe namefags, is doomstation actually a thing?

there is always ION :^)

i'm fucking retarded

Somebody did that. But that isn't the issue. The issue is the administration every time we have a server.
The problem is a split of users of the site, more or less, that gets exemplified in SS13. See, a good, large-sized portion of us have a hatred for authority, a rather large hankering for freedom or otherwise limited rules, and a rather heavy-handed hatred of named individuals. These guys do not handle perceived abuse well.
The thing is, those people above, they never run servers themselves. They don't like to. They don't want to be authority, they don't want to enforce or make rules. So, it's stuck to the second largest lot here, the kind of bootlickers who love authority– but only when it's their authority. They're the kind of guys with dreams of stepping on perceived problems, who don't see the point in a strict code or clear definition of rules. They see a thing they deem to be a "problem", their reaction is to immediately stamp on it until it goes away. Easiest example of these types are from Holla Forums, but frankly, everywhere has them. They're the 2nd largest population of users, that I've seen. These are the types that come in and start a shitstorm because one guy posted something they disagreed with.
Anyway, these guys, obviously, have a very nasty habbit, not of abusing their power, but stamping too hard on a perceived 'wrong', and responding harshly to criticism on the lot.
A good example would probably be UncleBenis, of both of this.
A single round's giving of cancer pretty much killed the server, because one guy felt slighted, complained, got an aggressive reply, which resulted in a long, heated argument, which spread over to several other threads, which sparked a hell of a lot of animosity throughout the userbase of both types, who started to stop going to the station.

Basically, Holla Forums's population are incompatible with one another whenever we actually try to run things ourselves. Hell, you can see this shit repeating with Mark. The only thing is, most of us have come to accept shit administration on the imageboards to begin with, so it isn't something what drives everyone away.

Come to think of it, I guess you were spot on, in the first place. We are too autistic to deal with eachother. We end up clashing every time in extraordinary ways.

We really need to shape up so I can get admin again and press those amazing buttons.

I briefly tried being a mod when I was seeing things decline. I hated every second of it, and I never wanted to really do anything.

It's a thankless job that you will be hated for doing no matter how you do it. The trick is to push buttons and make people angry. The problem with the thread shitposting is no one ignores it. You retards get so riled up you destroy yourselves.

On the positive side of it, it's nice when you recognize one of the friendly and fun players. Even if they sometimes end up being the traitor and killing you.

Story time?

I normally don't even try to kill people even when i'm traitor. I just lead them into their doom and refuse to clone them to complete objectives. I don't even have the traitor option enabled, just Operative even if Operative rounds are so rare and always end up with one newfag ruining everything for everyone.

-t. botanist/engineer/secoff/scientist/tcommstist player.
fuck nuTG tgui, it ruined atmospherics for me and every goddamn server except Bay-based ones now refuse to use anything that isn't this shit

That's pretty hot