New Vegas thread

Bethcucks not allowed.

Mod Organizer. If you use anything else I will slap your shit

Use wiki.step-project.com/User:EssArrBee/FalloutNewVegas for a lore friendly and stable modding experience. It's a good place to start.

Anyone other mods to recommend? Where can we make a list to keep track of this shit, that isn't a pastebin?
As for lore questions, which is the best faction and why? Hard mode: argue why your least favourite is the best.

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.step-project.com/User:EssArrBee/FalloutNewVegas#.22And_that.2C_I_think.2C_was_the_handle....22
nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/43918/?
pastebin.com/9QkTmGhm
vsrecommendedgames.wikia.com/wiki/Holla
nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/43331/?
nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/43921/?
nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/48003/?
nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/54458/?
nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/49475/?
nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/37157/?
nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/37002/?
nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/43192/?
nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/51370/?
nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/51577/?
twitter.com/AnonBabble

These are the mods I use.

But you are a bethcuck. You're playing a bethesda game with a story by obsidian.

When people live under the boot of occupation of brutal dictatorships they still try to make the best of their lives.

There's actually i argument to be made for the Nexus Mod Manager for people who like to go into the folder structure and replace assets manually in addition to just downloading mods.
The NMM just throws all files in the Datafolder while the MO uses a virtual file folder.

So for anybody who likes downloading vanilly mods and then change shit up manually besides altering the plugin through the GECK, the NMM has its advanteges.

How's the performance hit on open Freeside and strip?

Why can't you do that in MO?

I assume goons, /vg/ cucks and tumblr are welcome?

Dipshits too, I see.

Like i said, NMM drops the shit stright into the Data folder, so you can just drag and drop meshes and textures you want afterwards. MO uses a much more elaborate method in form of virtual folders, leaving the vanilla files clean.

Not an argument.

Not meant to be. Just an observation and a natural reaction to having observed such a massive dipshit in his native habitat - a cirklejerk general.

I still have not played new vegas, or even fallout 3 at all. I need to pirate that shit. To the share threads.

This would have been a perfect 10/10 game had there been slightly less scripted sequences and more "organic" and abstract approaches.

Oh well, can't get the best of both worlds, I suppose. My last time playing New Vegas was over a year ago and I don't plan on replaying it for a long ass time until I finish a few more games in my backlog.
NCR because that's the only way to keep my friend Boone happy. And Boone is best companion because Cass will cuck you no matter which side you choose.

Damn. Guess I will have to look elsewhere.

But MO has a folder with all the mods you've installed. So you can access their assets still. You can even have them on a different hard drive which is a blessing for my setup.

Be the change you wish to see in the world user.

Then use FOMM. This guy is also right. I had no idea MO worked for NV though.

Halfway through episode one of someguys series. Maybe this time i'll finally finish it.

But the only difference is you drop those new files into mod organizer folders instead of the fallout folders. It's still cleaner, and you're just changing the location of your dumping.

Why are vanilla animations so shit?

doing a Not Important playthrough.
its pretty fun just popping peoples heads w/o worrying about the consequences. also thinking about doing a run where my character functionally has 1 arm. is this viable?

I never had good performance with Open Strip and Freeside.

I've played through the game so many times I can do it in my sleep. What are some mods that change up the gameplay or add massive new areas?

Open Strip and Freeside breaks a lot of quest chains.

fun fact. you cannot add custom weapon animations. you have to overwrite them

I don't see why not, if you stick to pistols and smaller melee weapons - especially the god slayer known as the War Club.

This has a few notable things. I can't think of many mods that change gameply too much.
wiki.step-project.com/User:EssArrBee/FalloutNewVegas#.22And_that.2C_I_think.2C_was_the_handle....22

Who the fuck thought that was a good idea?

I made a mistake
They do. I really want to finish this run with every single detail sorted out the way I want to and now I dont know how to start their quests, I dotn even know if they'll show up dead on the ending slideshow . I cant just ignore them my autism prevents me from having fun knowing a part of the story is fucked
Any ideas? All the console commands to manage quests wont work

No seriously you don't need to play 3

A Bethesda or Gamebryo thing I guess

Any other good quest mods in the vein of Someguy? Tried the North Road, which is decent, and Boulder Dome, which isn't.

Reminder

there's project brazil but I never played it, or heard of anyone who tried it I only know it's a new campaign

Can't wait for The Frontier to come out.

Are you niggers hyped for new frontier?

Im kinda optimistic

can you load an old save?

This is probably due to the way reloading animations were done.

No, sadly that was near the start of the game on the quarry. I was wondering if there is a mod or something to solve this problem, maybe some other console command

I'm pretty sure there's console commands to reset quest stages

I'm having Open Freeside in my Loadorder for the last two years and it doesn't break any vanilla Quest whatsoever.

You anons reading this, probably already know this, but holy shit I feel the need to let loose and rant. The Gamebryo engine is so fucking bad that the New Vegas "cutscenes" at the end of each DLC and story are actually you in a room with changing slide textures on the wall and with various NPCs in the room who narrate their lines one by one. Also, if I remember correctly, Tumbleweeds are also NPCs. Not to mention that skeletons are also actual dead NPC bodies and not just props. Oh, I almost forgot, Ulysses' face is actually a fucking clothing item, his face isn't his normal face. Bethesda are a bunch of fucking cheapskate kikes for forcing 2010 Obsidian Entertainment to use their Chinese tier game engine.

NPC Tumbleweed:
https:// www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGeQpqE1FZ4
Skeletons are actually NPCs:
https:// www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgYi6UoMsw4
Ulysses' normal face:
https:// www.youtube.com/watch?v=1E-i7XtmuUg
The slide room:
https:// www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJnWwli3Thg

I MEAN JESUS CHRIST.
I know, I know, but good God. What a fucking joke. That's what you call extreme jury rigging. Ah, I feel much better now, rant over.

Beat you to it. Anyone have that Oblivion modders rant about how the player character doesn't actually move at all, the fucking game world moves around them.

I know that gamebryo is a shit engine. But that's literally how every game works.

Is it really the engine or is it just Betheda's implementation of it? I mean, a few other games have used Gamebryo but I've never heard these kinds of things about anything but Betheda's games.

I'm not a coder, but i'm pretty sure that making a player controlled NPC that moves around an enviroment isn't as hard or performance intensive as literally moving the entire fucking world around them.

It's literally how the universe works

REUSING UNOPTIMIZED CODE FROM 2001

I like to think of it as clever solutions, game design achievements. Most of them arent a problem really, they could've added the old projector noise that plays on the intro cutscene to the rest of the slideshows and hide game messages to stop taking sips off the canteen. But for the rest I didnt notice any of it in game. The real crime in new vegas is all the cut content they couldnt even fully delete and it's still there to infuriate people

I dont have the quest so I cant restart or change stages. I've tried all the commands

open freeside breaks my game so idk

Don't even get me started about cut content, user. Please, it hurts. Especially when you think about how lackluster the Legion is.

Remember when Gayder worked on a mod to bring back cut content? Why didn't Sawyer do something like that for FO:NV? Is Gayder>Sawyer?

If you're a good enough goy to own it and need a justification for your purchase, a remake of New Vegas is being worked on as a mod for Fallout 4.

Impressive, very nice. Maybe fallout 4 is worth a pirate after all.

Looks good, but so does a heavily modded nv. I guess it'll be worth checking if they complete it. The only thing fo4 has graphically speaking is actually good lighting, mod lighting tries but looks awful

hush, dont worry user. I'm here with you on the eternal frustration

absolutely false. Freeside Open has its issues with lag and I get crashes if I stay in Freeside too long, but every vanilla quest works still. I recommend both mods to everyone, they are a godsend

Every fucking time I load my save file the game just stops at an infinite load screen.
If I start a new game first though and then load my save it works
This has been happening for months. Is there a fucking fix anywhere?

Isn't that cut content? Are the regular tumbleweeds NPCs as well?

A-at least he made that rebalance mod.

Why would I want to play NV with worse mechanics?

That is an old bug that happens, I would try and download an unoffical patch to see if it helps.

God, these projects are so retarded. They never get anywhere near finished before the NEXT version of Beth's fork or gambryo hits and everyone starts making a 'remake' out of that. You'd think after the twin clusterfucks of MorrOblivion and Skywind people'd have learned.

What's the point? At least Skywind has the excuse of being of an older game so casual Skyrimbabbies can pretend they've played Morrowind, this is just a worse version of the last game in the series.

Jesus fucking christ. I think I'm gonna roll a melee character next time around just so I can use that fucking rapestick.

You downloaded a bunch of scryptheavy or performance heavy mods that stress the game upon loading in a cell.
Skyrim still had that issue and modders only managed to fix it by writing an SKSE-script that delays the load of scripts until the cell is fully loaded.

Fuck off.That's pretty much the first step in modding.Wake me up when they have more than just the Good springs cell.Start caring when they make all NPCs with their AI packages, managed to somehow port the NV dialogue into the F4 dialogue they wont

I haven't played fallout3, or new vegas so this is the first time I've heard this. This can't possibly be the engine, it has to be bethesda just being horrible coders. If it was the engine they would just use another one.

Let me tell you about the jew.

Fair point.

Why NV only? Everyone knows that 2 is the best game.

Wew lad

How am I baiting?

Fallout 2 is a fucking unfinished, buggy mess. Even Arroyo has bugs

Compared to New Vegas? You're fucking joking, Gamebryo is trash.

Somewhat agree
F1 and F2 combat is shit, if you look for good 2d combat look at Jagged Alliance
Somewhat agree

Casul detected. NV's combat is very similar to 3's garbage combat.

No, the problem is that you're a dumb, millennial piece of shit that stumbled on /vg/, got indoctrinated into this cirklejerk and then somehow stumbled to this place.

Go back, and take your thumbnails, your cuck endings and your cancer generals with you.

fo1 and 2 's combat is just a basic gurps clone, it's not bad but it's nothing special either. We're fucked anyway, it's either planescape tier combat or gamebryo

That's what LODs are for

Tbh I've always been a fan of planescape tier combat, so I don't mind that at all.

How is this the same man who defended rape in New Vegas?

It's pretty much just the implementation. Reminder that Obsidian had a year give or take to make and put NV out. They were nearly bled dry and primed for Zenimax/Bethesda to buy them out, but they managed to resist. Unfortunately, time catches us all and even Obsidian fell.

I expected more.

Are you serious nigger? This thing rivals the alien blaster and unlike the ayylmao gun, this one can have an unlimited potential supply of ammunition.

What is that?

If I ever need a reminder that everyone I respect is secretly a fucking moron, I can always check Twitter.

The current year hit some people harder than others, user.
Always assume that any popular person will be a leftist shit until they prove otherwise.

He has a point where having your tits out in a chest piece kind of defeats the purpose of wearing a chest plate however I am concerned for how squeezed together that woman's breasts are.

The chest piece is still covering the breasts. It's still serving the purpose it is made for. The design is just accentuating the breasts. Fitting this into the world lore is that she asked specifically for the design to be like that. Who knows?

Not really, that shape is easier to hit and it's pierced much easier than a flat chest piece
And a girl on a real full plate armor is much more sexy than a bikini armor anyway

It's only sexy if you can tell it's not a man.
Bikini plate is shit, yes, but the first design was a good balance of practical and attractive.

You can still see the curves, they're just a bit muted.

Fucking this. Realistic plate is unf.

Get Pew Pew, pile up Energy perks, in particular get the one that causes a killed enemy to damage other nearby enemies, proceed to fucking annihilate every last nigger motherfucker in the Mojave who looks at you crosseyed.

Nice get

….honestly, I want the second style as an option sometimes.

Accentuating the breasts only makes sense when half the point is accentuating femininity. Like Sisters of Battle.

Otherwise, unless the woman in question has HUGE titties, I want the second as an option.

Is there a mod that lets me break down surplus ammo for brass and lead to reload with?

Try this
nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/43918/?
It does exactly what you asked for

Does this work with CaliberX?

Don't forget your bashed Patches!
Because if you seriously do, you're the worst kind of scum.

I need to see this.

user, in 3D graphics programming the player camera is at point 0,0,0 where everything else is moved relative to it

I don't know why but this makes me want someone to mod in pre-patch Sara Ryder as a fully voiced companion in New Vegas with custom Lego loaded Rock-It Launcher as weapon, a unique peanut-butter mask (optional), and a unique armour set that has a bunch of Sesame Street Muppet dolls all over it (optional, includes Muppet Doll loaded backpack).

I get why you're suppsoed to make a bashed patch. But does anyone know what bash tags are?

/tes/ Moddign thread guy here.
They're things that are attached to certain files that rely on a wrye bash merge for said bethesda game, in terms of what records are changed in the .esp or .esm file that need to be merged or excluded from certain records if I recall.

pastebin.com/9QkTmGhm I know it's a pastebin but what the fuck else do you want?

Oh right, you can also assign your own to them, though it's been ages for me and my bethshit is uninstalled ATM.

TIme to never return to cuckchan ever again

Also what's the point of a merged patch?

Holla Forums needs some kind of repository or wiki for this kind of stuff. That's some good shit user

(checked)
Are people on cuckchan still that retarded? It's been three years and I've never looked back

I'll be honest with you.
No fucking idea, yo uuse one of the (bethgameEdit.exe) tools to make them and I've honestly never fucking used them either, you only ever want to use those tools to clean .esps really.

Merged patches are complex homebrew merges of .esps to ease up loading times for mod heavy setups in Bethgames, records, meshdata, everything in the details, they're sometimes compatibility patches or the like.

At best, the only kind of merged patches you'll make are for tiny mods you don't want to use a .esp slot up for when it's best hosted alongside another .esp

But I think I used a tool for my TES to merge esps when it came to choice cosmetics.

My sides still hurt from that debacle.

It's basically Holla Forums fighting neogaf and tumblr, with actual corporate shills making threads in the meantime.

Was NV written mainly by Feargus, Sawyer and Avellone?

Try loading a different save file, and then go load the one you're trying to load originally. This usually fixes it in my experience.

I'm pretty sure NCR ending which you support the Followers (e.g. spreading Helios One to whole region), and somehow kill Kimbell and Oliver is the best ending.
NCR has its problems, but mostly with its head. They have a good cause and can keep Vegas relatively the same.
Legion and House both suffer from succession, if either of them die their factions fall apart. Independent gives robots too much control and the courier's succession would likely be a tyrant.
NCR can always elect new officials, and with the Followers support, could elect someone who would stop the rapid expansion.

vsrecommendedgames.wikia.com/wiki/Holla Forums%27s_Recommended_Games_Wiki

it's a cross chan site, so if you want something more inclusive maybe start a /recommend/ board or something.
sage for off topic

It's a reddit fucking site.

Merged patches are somewhat similar to bashed patches, but made with TESEdit. I think they aren't equivalent, so you should stick to bashed patches unless the game doesn't support them (FO3?).

This isn't hard mode, Obsidian purposefully made each faction gave a good side, real hard mode is explaining why your faction is the worst.

It does that, but it also does a shit ton more.

Posting best OWB character

Does anyone know how to get the 4GB patch and NVSE working without having to use steam (i.e. with a cracked version)?

imagine Fallout NV with Fallout 4's graphics, gameplay and settlement system :^)

But that's not the stealth suit

Are you using the 4GB loader executable or have you used a patcher for the normal NV executable?

Literally inferior product all around, fuck off immigrant anime girl poster.

The only reason to play this is for muh grafix.

Why would you want this? That's worse than what we have.

weeb is right for once, I don't get this hateboner for fallout 4. You are allowed to admit it did some things better than your nostalgic shit

I agree with this user-chan! Fallout 4™ doesn't deserve any hate. You should all go out and buy Fallout 4™, the game that's clearly better™ than New Vegas™!

Shooting is worse than a decade ago.
Engine is the same shit, except with a new layer of paint slapped over it.
Story is 0/10 irredemable trash
Basebuilding is better in 7 days to die
Gun design is an atrocity

I'll be fair, I liked that power armor was actually power armor and I liked the idea of settlements.
But in typical bethesda fashion they dun fugged it up and required heavy modding until it was halfway decent. Not to mention, why the fuck would you not implement features from NV that everyone loved and why the fuck did they fuck up survival after if finally was patched in?

You for real, nigger?

Straight of the cuckchan refugee boat, eh?

Is anyone willing to admit that Power Armour is one of the few things that Fallout 4 succeeded in improving? Or are we all haveing too much fun shitting on things today?

Nah.

Not really, power armor is a fucking joke in fo4 since everyone and their mother has one, they automatically know how to use it and it runs in triple a batteries rather than nuclear cores or whatever. Gameplay wise it just has a new hud and makes stomp noises

PA training was added in F3, never existed in Originals.

None of that really undermines the gameplay of the armor. The rest of it is bethesda pacing and lore revision.

It actually feels like powered armor, as for using it in the original lore it was said power armor was so simple anyone could use it. The only valid criticism I'm hearing is about the Fusion cores and that's because of the retconning going on.

I should add I would have liked it if you actually had to go hunt down power armour from military installations rather than say X0-1 just sitting in the middle of nowhere. Hell they could have come up with an interesting narative of enclave reminents slowly spreading out and looking for places to hide form the brotherhood abandoning their armour as they go because they don't have the infastructure to keep them running anymore.

Think someone was making an overhaul mod where they plan on getting you to work your fucking ass off getting the best Power Armor by going in Enclave installations or dungeons, something something multiple path shit where you either go in sneaky or go guns ablazing.

That'd be an improvement. Narrative has always undermined Bethesda for as long as I've been playing their games and nowhere is the contrast as sharp as Fallout 3 and New Vegas. The design philosophies are obvious in both, one is an open world with little tibits sprinkled over it for the player to interact with, while the other is intensely driven by the narrative and character interaction.

Consider the following: Mod Organizer comes with an Override folder that gets prioritized over all of the folders for individual mods.

But Todd keeps saying it works, so it works! :^)
The entire game needs to be redesigned, especially the story where they don't even bother making a prologue chapter before you go wasteland assassin god on everyone, like how broken and stupidly explained it was for people who choose their character to be female without training or being a war veteran.

To eliminate mod conflicts by creating a plugin that includes the elements of each which would otherwise be overwritten by one another.

Isn't that what a bashed patch is for?

That's the point, either go with one thing or the other. Power armor training is the most fitting and the most recent, the originals were far from perfect but they didnt put power armor everywhere including at the start of the game, or make you replace the batteries constantly while said batteries have been in working order for 2 centuries and are built to last for even longer

Yes it does, destroying power armor's role in a fallout game by giving you one at the start is horrible design. They do the same as in the rest of the games except for jetpacks, just extra stats extra armor etc. They are the same as in other games only adding a few pretty details, which isnt bad, but power consumption and location are retarded
Of course the goal of power armor is being an end game milestone that turns you into a pre war god, this stuff was mostly military only and its most civilian use was serving police/anti riot duty at the end of the war when the army was needed in the united states to keep peace. Not even the ncr has working power armor, they find a handful of them while apparently in boston every kid got a t 45 for christmas

Not to mention retarded shit like finding advanced power armor developed in 2198 or something in a pre war attraction from the dlc. And the jet, the ghoul in the fridge, the laser guns changing stats by installing a different handgrip (laser pistols and rifles are completely different devices, aep7 and aer9), all the elements in fo4 dwarf whatever (debatable) pros it might have

Blank slate starts are probably the best having anything pre-defined in an RPG is a big no no for me because it provents you from constructing the character you want. For example in Fallout 4 he can't be whatever you want him to be because he's already been defined by a family and a tour of duty.

Again the way they give you is more of a pacing and scripting issue and the rest are lore issues. The way I'd have liked them to introduce it is most power armour is jury rigged medical exo-suits used by disabled people before the war (which would account for the ramshack raider armour) and the rest you'd have to go hunting for. Still I maintain the way power armour feels is the closest we've gotten to the proper feeling of said armour. I still think the only thing they fucked up was lore and armour introduction and scaling. The way obtain armour could be improved but like I said I think they nailed the feel of the armour. My only regret is we don't new vegas style DT because fucking taking any damage from a .38 pipepistol when in power armour.

Yeah, that was a problem in FO4; I had about a dozen completed frames before level 45.

That was a serious problem. It was just proof that the game had almost zero structure when it gives you two followers, a complete suit of power armor, a minigun, and makes you the head of a major faction before level 4.

That could have been justified if they reduced the time it takes to drain the battery, make you get out to replace it, and stop with shoehorning fantasy nuclear power into literally everything.

OP, are you okay? You do you are supporting the "bethcucks", right?

Don't forget that you also kill a deathclaw at like level one, also just near the building you get the first power armor there is another building that contains fat man and some mini nukes

How do you do?

And what of the rpg mechanics like weapon degradation, skills, traits, different ammo types, etc. It might be based in New Vegas, but like skyblivion it will never have the complexity.

Depends. I have to make safe save files a lot, where i'm in a small cell to load first before loading wherever I saved and left off, because the game can't handle the scripts loading.

I'm just pointing out the fact that nu vegas fans love to talk about how they are above the "bethcucks" yet they still give money to the company that keeps the bethcucks happy. Part of the reason I never understood the hype behind NV. It was just Fallout 3 with a shit ton of mods. If that's the criteria for a good game then why don't we see more Skyrim and Fallout 4 threads. I'm sure a mod overhaul will fix them since it worked for FO3!

If he wanted to achieve realism, he would not put female NPCs on ANY combat role. At all.

I actually never found that. This game manages to keep disappointing me.
How can you fuck things like this up so bad? Nukes and power armor should both be so rare and difficult to obtain, you should have more plays that go from start-to-finish without seeing either than you do.

Here's your (you). How about next time you play the game so you can make higher quality bait?

You forget this is Bethesda you're talking about

I have a few:
You can assemble your own robot comapnions, repair broken robots, and even make lobotomites.
nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/43331/?

You can now select a Mad Science perk, which provides you with recipes for few new mad scientist-esque weapons and devices. Recipes unlock when player with perk encounters certain quests, dialogues, locations, and enemies. It also adds a hidden mad scientist lair.
nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/43921/?

Power armor is now heavier, boosts strength when worn, allows to breat under water for a time, and each set has some minor bonuses added.
nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/48003/?

Adds a vertibird which can travel to several world locations (if you discovered them) and can also function as a mobile shelter and storage. Good as a replacement for fast travel.
nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/54458/?

Mod adds about dozen gas mask types to the game
nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/49475/?

You can now trade with members of the crimson caravan
nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/37157/?

Adds weapons from old fallout games to NV
nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/37002/?

Adds few new non-powered armors to the game and slightly tweaks appearance of few existing ones. It helps to make riders and some faction members look less repetitive.
nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/43192/?

Turns ritas cafe into a cafe where you can buy and sell foods and drinks. It also helps to make free side less empty.
nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/51370/?

Allows to tweak many different visual settings, like weather, DoF/focus speed, add many visual effects like film grain or sepia and more.
nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/51577/?

This is just ridiculous. How can people even enjoy the game while being babied so much? What else, super mutants are minor enemies that you mow down without breaking a sweat?

New Vegas just gave people what they enjoyed old fallout games (and older obsidian games in general) for: decent writing. There was also far less lore rape, dialogue was more than just padding, quests were more varied, world was more thought through, and factions didn't just boil down to "bad guys" and "good guys." Things like gameplay improvements helped too.

Whew, and here I thought the oblivion with guns meme was wrong! What happened to standards, you could read a really well written fanfiction and still gotten the same results. The gameplay improvements were just mods that the FO3 team learned from.

This is flat out wrong. Obsidian had hard time implementing tons of shit because of Gamebryo and nothing were as simply as "just mods that the FO3 team learned from". Even implementing something as simple as a shotgun reloading animation costed them tons of time and still came out slightly bugged at the end

The rest of your post is so retarded not even worth answering them

Nobody here is going to defend gamebyro being a shit engine. Go back to cuckchan, I'm sure they'll bite

I played it a little when it first came out, and there was not one thing I would say it did genuinely better than NV.
I'm not going to waste my time talking about writing, dialogue system, plot, lore, characters, skills/stats/builds, or anything like that because they're too abysmally shit to be worth it.

Graphics were bad. 3/NV may be bad too, but that doesn't mean 4 was good. Everything was muddy, ugly, and far more demanding on the hardware than was justified by the results. There were some things that looked good, mostly gear, which just introduced a contrast that made everything else look that much worse.

Combat felt a little better in some ways but worse in most. I liked that deathclaws actually felt like murderous deathmachines, except that they were trivially easy to cheese to the point it usually happened accidentally, and then they just because bullet sponges, which there were a lot of anyway. It was never possible with any amount of rebalancing mods to keep raiders more potent than ants beneath my feet while also saving me from dumping multiple mags into every super mutant.

Power armour felt great, but I never used it. I get that the fusion cores exist because they wanted a way to balance its power, but they were a huge annoyance I couldn't be bothered to deal with. And then there's the problem of its ease of access (which is part of the reason they needed fusion cores to balance it anyway…) and the strict level scaling for finding the suits.

Basebuilding existed purely to be a selling point. It was completely barren, soulless, and inconsequential. It was tied to a main quest faction as an added fuck you, and showered you with literally the most boring timewaster quests conceivable. The "settlers" were faceless automatons and filling their needs was simply ticking a box with no attention to making the settlement functional. Raids were magic bullshit that spawned inside your defenses and made walls useless. There was a huge amount of junk that you couldn't clear away and mods that tried to let you do so were hackjob workarounds that came with significant problems of their own.
Weapon and armour modding were good (and were a welcome reversal of the simplification trend we've seen in every Beth game after Morrowind), but it came at the sacrifice of actual diversity.
In both cases the resource gathering was an atrocious grind. You need to run around picking up every bit of junk you see in order to make shit, while the companions all moan about you picking up junk. Also, the fact that you could grow all the ingredients for adhesive, which you needed a lot of, and still have it all count as food production too meant that every settlement had the exact same farm; just one more way to drive out every last bit of soul and uniqueness from the mechanic.

Survival mode came out long after I had uninstalled the game, but I only need to look at the list of features to know I'd never touch it. Quick/autosaves and the console were mandatory based on my experience.

Features were cut from NV to 4, such as ammo types, that had no reason to be cut other than laziness and simplification.
I see nothing that would compel me to pick 4 over NV in any way.

I've been playing New Vegas with the alternate start mod. I chose the BoS paladin back story and I'm wondering if there is a mod for a BoS ending.

The best ending for you is probably with Yes Man

House can live another 300 years, thats enough time to resolve the succession problem

Doesn't House name you as his successor during his ending? I remember that he tells you he can also make you live that long and handle things after him or something. I also just noticed I "finished" NV only once or twice, I ended most of playthroughs before the ending slides

No, you became his lieutenant, his "Mouth of Sauron" guy. Either out of pride by choosing ou and gratitude, or just fear of you, he treats you well and doesn't try to cross you, the ending slides imply.

Reminder that all NCR problems can be solved by wandering tribals and postmen.

is that good or bad though

It means the NCR is retarded and can't fix what a bunch of ooga boogas and a mailman can fix

Also remember that the NCR almost never existed if it wasn't for some sheltered faggot who saved Shady Sands from a few radscorpions.

What do you expect. NCR is overextended and paralyzed by all the corruption, infighting, and bureaucracy. Nepotism and incompetence that it brings certainly doesn't help either. Courier is one of the ways to bypass some of that.
When Legion or House need something, they just do it, with no risks of veto and no red tape. They are also not plagued by other issues to the degree that NCR is. As Truman said, "When you have an efficient government, you have a dictatorship." Only problem is what happens after the competent dictator is replaced by someone inferior.

It doesn't matter where you start, but where you end. Many greats had humble beginnings.

Remind me again why some idiot thought it was a good idea to put the reload and inventory key on the same button?

Go the fuck back to leddit

Hitler also might not have become what he did if he wasn't rejected from art school.

This is a stupid argument for anything.

Same thing that happened last time, the successors get weaker and weaker until it become a corrupt bureacratic hellhole.

Which DLC is the best and why is it Dead Money?

But it took away mah stimpacks and muh machine gun that I modded in to make the game easier.

game already is easy as shit

Has anyone tried New Reno Redux? It's been pretty fun so far, and well done voice acting. I've been impressed with it so far, and its got a lot of skill checks too.

Add abundance of skill books to that list and you're done. I hate the abundance of everything and how easy it is to get op in NV

What is this?

Revamped mod that just came out. Very fun quest mod so far. If you check New Reno Redux on the nexus it should pop up. It's centered around new crime families and fighting factions in freeside. You can work for them, or fight them. One possible option I saw was you can be enslaved for getting caught and going against one of the crime families, and they force you to work in a whore house.

Is there actual sex? Slavery mods are some of my go to mods whenever I find out a game has a large porn mod scene.

you can always pump your game with +20gb of sexout and use it with that mod

I can barely run Oblivion on my toaster so I'll probably have to wait. My current oblivion folder is over 40GB and that's just the stuff that's currently installed

Is this predicated on your stats?

In mods I've played when you were enslaved a higher Willpower stat would dictate how long you would last before you were broken and basically went game over. I'de assume a higher Personality stat would get you further in this section than a higher stat in say Strength but I can't feel like something missing without actual sex in a whore house. Otherwise I'de just make it a stripper bar.

What do you guys reckon is the D&D alignment of each faction in Vegas?

here is one for FO3

Lawful Good - Followers of the Apocalypse, Primm Slim
Neutral Good - Kings
Chaotic Good - Caesar
Lawful Neutral - House
True Neutral - Yes Man
Chaotic Neutral - Ulysses
Lawful Evil - NCR
Neutral Evil - Powder Gangers
Chaotic Evil - Think Tank/Fiends

I'm probably very wrong on these, and I know I didn't get anywhere near all the factions, but these are the impressions I got from it.

That's not how you say Old World Blues.

The NCR is not Lawful Evil nor is the Legion Chaotic Good however, they are not just the inverse of each other ether. Caesar's Legion and NCR are just two of many solutions to the same problem which is "How do we keep ourselves safe." The only difference between the two is the fact that they trade corruption for authoritarianism. The Legion are not good people however the subjects of the empire do enjoy safety & stability but they do this they same way Vlad the Impaler did, by being brutal and unforgiving. The NCR are corrupt imperialist that want to expand however, with those that can play in the system can gain out of it, they are the inheritors of the old world after all. The strength or the NCR comes with its size being one if not the largest faction but just like any society surround by tribals they are going to be attacked all the time always stretching their resources thin.

To that I would say both are Lawful Neutral. They both have a law that they follow that benefits them and try to do good by their people even if it to the detriment of people outside there factions.

Wow it's literally nothing.

They really don't care about their subjects or the consequences of their experiments, but they aren't heartless bastards either.

Is the RTS (real time settler) mod any good? I beat the game and just wanna chill now and build settlements for my independent Vegas.

Boomers are CE for sure

Is there a mod for Fallout 3/New Vegas that adds the Fallout 4 power armor mechanics? While it's lore breaking as fuck, the behavior felt a lot better than the previous titles and felt like power armor rather than fancy full plate armor.

I think Powered Power Armor extends power armour functions. I haven't used it myself

Yes, you are. People need to realize that DnD alignment doesn't work with moral relativity.

Daily reminder that everyone needs to get jsawyer.esp

I always thought good-evil was supposed to be equivalent to selflessness-selfishness.

Vanilla it is…

But they literally are.

Boy i sure like getting OD'd on Med-X

Goddamn it's been a year and a half and stupid fucking people who likes Fallout 4 is still wondering why do people hate that piece of shit?

trully living off the land is the best way for a man to gain strength

Don't be such a thilly goose. You can pick and choose what you want from the list. I don't think anyone has directly copied the guide

If you're gonna do vanilla, get the JSwayer mod.

Giant faggot that I am, I actually installed the "practical female armor" mod in Skyrim. The name fits it quite well, it isn't realistic but it looks as useful as the male version. Bikini armors? Sure. Animu costumes? Why not. But plate corsets with boobshape just don't look hot or cool to me.
However, this is just my personal choice. I hate it when fucks like the pic in see themselves as the great savior of m'ladykind, just because their personal taste happens to be SJW-approved and "smh I don't even" at everyone who disagrees.

Yeah. A Bashed patch is a form of merged patch, really, although the term 'Bashed patch' probably predates 'merged patch'.

Nope

Needs Ben Garrison sig.

Too much of it laying around and power cores were so retarded I just cheated them in in batches.

Liked the jump jet but that was about it.

Again (yes I'm still here) that was more peripheral, how the suit felt and worked barring the fusion cores was good. As for the other stuff it's been discussed, but Beth is like that blowing their collective loads in the first 5 min. Also as I said earlier I still miss DT as a mechanic.

Why can't I just kill him and sleep in his "don't die for 600 years" bed?

You know how awkward and jury rigged the settlement building system in Fo4 is?
Multiply that by ten.

One thing I don't get about House is why he didn't go full nuclear around the time the Courier killed him. He mentions the Lucky 38 uses a reactor, and he could have totally used that as a threat.

That too but why can't I use his bed?

Anyone have the loli mod list?

because he looks installed into that thing
and anyone who could help hook you up is either long dead or most recently head

I did with few exceptions, like powered power armor and with few additions. Setting up whole thing took about 90 minutes to 2 hours. It will definietely take a bit longer to people who need to learn how to use LOOT, plugins merge, and wrye bash.

The Settlement system was a shameless rip off of a New Vegas mod anyway.

Nice.

What's the difference between DT and DR?

anything like anti stutter or crash mods can be added user. It doesn't take much work since all they need is NVSE. And the benefits greatly outweigh the time taken.

It's true that they don't literally have hearts, but they have soft sides.
sage for necropost

No such thing as a necrobump on Holla Forums son

I went to Bitter Springs and I just noticed. All soldiers but one are women.

Looks like somebody got the harem ending

DT is a flat reduction of damage subtracted from the value. DR subtracts a percentage of damage. As an example, hitting 5 DT, a shotgun doing 10x7 damage would lose half its damage per pellet, leaving just 35; a rifle doing 70 damage would only lose 5, leaving 65. By contrast, 20 DR would take 20% off each total.

Almost everything in Vegas is based on DT, which makes using shotgun slugs vs buckshot and hollow points vs AP ammo an actual tactical choice.

Came here to post that.

The immersion was so broken for me I had to stop playing right then and there. I'll come back to it later when I'm not so rustled. Glad I pirated it.

Are there any other rpg fps that actually give you a way to make a shotgun properly OP?

lol, had pretty same experience just with the motherfucker on picrelated
I got bored and reloaded. It's not like free tommyguns are not welcome, it's just tedious because the only reason I come to diamond shittty market is to drop deadweight for some caps.