Nintendo's FUCKING PISSED: Banning 3DS'es En Masse - Part 2, Electric Boogaloo

archive.is/kqVhj
Just when we thought they dropped this and moved on, they come back for revenge like the moneygrubbing motherfuckers they are.

archive.is/inmI1

So if you have hacked CIA's like Yumme Nikki or any RPGMaker games. ROMHacks like Alpha Sapphire/Nova Moon, Injected GBA games, etc or if you are detected cheating, basically caught using anything that is, well, unauthorized. You risk being banned by the angry gooks.
It appears that e-Shop access isn't restricted, of course.

HOW TO UNBAN
archive.is/MAMz2
Try this, and let me know if it works with your unbanning. Let's hope they didn't patch this method too. New methods welcome.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/tmhj9
3ds.guide
archive.is/e7HWj
github.com/github/dmca/blob/e4ed44931e5cf8693701461488b597f38e4620d7/2016-12-27-Nintendo.md
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

How long until the switch is cracked anyway

Give it 2 years for real results. Remember when you needed to buy a flashcart to play 3DS games? Something like that. They found an exploit, but it hasn't been cracked open yet.

pays to be a late adopter, shame vita still has fucking noting and what is there can only be done on one given OFW

It'll be fixed in a month, absolute worst case scenario.

Yeah the Vita scene needs to pick up its fucking slack. There are like two games I want to play and I'm not buying a new one just for those.

I love my vita, but the eastern games don't attract my attention save for Eiyu Senki, Danganronpa and Neptunia.
Hacks for it are awesome! That metroid game is super fun!

Quite some time, probably, 3DS hackers went in expecting an easy ride after hearing "updated 3DS kernel" and were sent home packing, and the people expecting there to instantly be an emulator for this thing are flat-out delusional and don't know anything about the system. Same goes as for ea3d6e's answer, probably two years or more.

Shit, I'm gonna lose like 2/3rds of my swapdoodle friends.
And even worse I won't be banned

I'm too afraid to turn it on, honestly.
Reminder that option 2 for unbanning will disable your ability to use an NNID, which fucks up some games like Pokemon Shuffle. Option 1 is the best. Try to get a second hand 2DS and insist they send a timestamped photo of it accessing something online to make sure it's not banned.

People are leaving out the fact that Nintendo can only ban you from playing online, not from continuing to get games either from direct CIA installs, or the Freeshop. I didn't get the system to play Pokemon; just a few Nintendo-exclusive games that aren't shit, like Blaster Master Zero. Everything else is two scoops of vanilla ice cream to go with that cake.

I don't get why everyone is busting Rusty's ball's for being a cynic. It's like you don't even watch the show.

It's in the OP though, no one is leaving anything out.

Also. Do you guys remember the rumors where Nintendo allegedly threatened to brick 3DS'es? Guess they never fulfilled those promises.

Pretty sure their asses would get sued into oblivion for that.

That would be fun as fuck to watch, along with the fanboys defending their every move, even if their own 3DS gets bricked. Shame they never did it. It would have woken a lot of people to their tricks.

Didn't they actually brick several Wiis last gen?

Tricks that by your own discretion never happened and are only inferrence on your part?

By accident. Wrong IOS's and such. Big incompatibility issues.

I meant shitty things like DMCA's and such. Bricking 3DS's on purpose would be on nail in the coffin.

They've illegitimately used DMCA?

I thought a DMCA was just a notice of possible legal action, I'm not sure how it can be illegitimate. Intimidatory, definitely.

Game Genie
Freeshop
Non-Profit Fan Games (Fair Use) [Devs didn't have enough money to hire a lawyer and make an appeal so they had to forfeit]
So, yes!
Keep defending though, bud! Lick those fucking scraps like the dirty rat you are.

A DMCA claim is a legal claimant to content produced. It's also the protections for protected content. If they're using it illegitimately that's some serious shit that can get the company to be unable to operate in the US

Nigger do you not even know what DMCA forms are for?

holy exposition batman joker ha

A DMCA is a legal notice that says "fix this or I will take you to court, here's proof I'd win"

FreeShop and the fanremakes were legitimate DMCAs, retard. Just because you don't like them doesn't mean they're not a legitimate use of the law.

Part of copyright law is actively using the copyrighted item and maintaining it as your own. They DMCA'd a Metroid, Pokemon and Mario game in the past 2 years. They've also released a game for those 3 franchises in the same period.

The FreeShop had a similar name and similar logo to copyrighted software they had. Again, entirely legitimate and they would of won that case had it gone to court. It was easily rectified, though.

Regarding GameGenie, that wasn't a DMCA (you're clearly a retard who doesn't even know what the M in DMCA stands for if you think it was) and Nintendo had every right under US law to take them to court. They lost, but you have the right to take anyone to court you wish. Again, nothing wrong.

If they didn't DMCA them, they'd risk forfeiting the copyright at some point.

This is false. This applies to trademarks, not copyrights.

Anyone that's legitimately mad at Nintendo for banning their hacked 3DS is either a kid, an honest-to-god retard, or both. This is coming from someone who's had a hacked 3DS since before downgrades were a thing.

Some courts treat them in similar manners, however.

Cite case law that supports this. I've never heard of it.

Whose brainfart was this and when are they getting fired?

Except the people that are banned aren't barred from buying games, just from playing online.

The fact you typed this without any sense of irony is hilarious.

I see, carry on.

I only heard that from a burgeranon, I don't live in a country there I can get meme'd on by a email form. Literally just repeating shit like a parrot.
Copyright applies specifically to "derivative works", so a game called "Pokemon Uranium" with trademarked names using trademarked battle systems is still copyright infringement. Name for ASMR, as that's derivative of SM, which is still under copyright law. That No Man's Sky/Mario game gets away with it, however, as the game was incredibly simplistic and had things like travelling to planets with a space ship, so isn't anything like the Mario games it was copying.

Back to reddit, nigger.

I'd sooner be angry at the Discord/IRC cliques for this hacking scene that keep assuring me it's 100% foolproof Nintendo doesn't know you're completely in the clear, myself.

I'm not sure I'd even notice if I got banned. Oh no, now I can't play Triforce Heroes where some retard is just going to ruin the game by throwing me off the ledge until gameover. Oh no, now I can't endlessly grind for gear in MH. Oh no, now I can't Pokemon battle some autistic jap. Who cares

Why do you have to grind for gear when online in MH?

It is, but you'll notice that it's rare for fanfiction to get DMCA'd. You're not required to enforce your copyright in all circumstances in which you could in order to keep it.

This still isn't how it works, no matter how many times you repeat it.

Yup. On the bright side, I haven't heard about someone's JP 3DS being banned yet - not even during the S/M bans - so I guess I might just be in the clear. All I use online for is MonHun anyway.

It's abuse of a DMCA from a moral standpoint, if anything. Unfortunately, it's in still in their right.

Well, he did learn from another user. If someone uses your copyright, it's pretty fucking obvious you're not gonna lose it that said person using it without permission. I'm too tired to argue, so I didn't give that poster a refutation.

*lose it to that person

Maybe if Nintendo actually sold games there'd be less piracy, it feels like every ninty game is a Limited Edition run. I either have to buy an £80 physical copy on ebay or if by some miracle it's on the eshop spend £50 on a decade old DS game.

So ban waves are still happening? Guess i'm not going back to Pokemon.

I addressed that. The 3 games they've DMCA'd had games from that franchise coming out within 12 months:

It's better for a company to remove a game with similar names, characters, stories etc right around the release of a game with those things, else shareholders might get pissy.
I don't like them for DMCA'ing the projects, but if I was in charge of the company and I was releasing Pokemon Sun/Moon, I would of removed a hyped up Uranuim game that people on Facebook are saying is better than Sun/Moon.

No, you don't give them the copyright, you show that you don't want it to be exclusively in your possession, and it will probably be put into the public domain so neither party wins.

user multinationals do not lose copyright because some nobody made a fan product. Otherwise Mickey Mouse would be public domain because some chinks print him out on cheap t-shirts and poor ladies in the ghetto paint him on day cares.

You think Disney wouldn't completely shit over the bootleggers in China if they could?
China doesn't give a shit about such things, and actively tells Westerners to fuck off when copyright problems arise.
Have you seen their video games? They just clone constantly.

Regarding the day care scenario, what does a multinational have a greater ability to do:
Roam around the streets looking for street art they don't like, then find the artist, then find their address, then send them a scary letter or use search engines and automated bots to find things they don't like and send a quick email to the address on a domain look up?

This is very different from being legally required to enforce your copyright or lose it. I agree that shareholders are pricks who will often push companies to act against their fans' interests.
I've already addressed this. There is no requirement to enforce your copyrights. Harry Potter does not become public domain just because JK Rowling and her publishers choose not to shut down fanfiction.

Koreans monitoring Nintendo services?
Hell on Earth

I haven't used the Nintendo netberg in years, and don't intend to for the foreseeable future.

How fucked am I?

user, you're getting sidetracked. He was referring to how even if someone else uses their likeness (authorized or not) they won't lose their copyright unless they explicitly state it and sell it.

Are you the fag from the BoTW thread that kept posting pictures of medli, and religiously defended nintendo's bullshit?

Not at all.

I think he's just being realistic. Although, the lack of Nintendo bashing DOES give me that suspicion.

Freeshop was only DMCA'd becasue it used the nintendo bootlogo, which was copywritten. They removed it and put in their own and now it is immune from DMCA.

What a shame.

I'd be pretty happy with a flashcart for Switch games if it worked independent of system version like that one original one for the 3DS did. I might even consider picking up a Switch used if one came about.

I agree with everything you said.

Well then they can't complain when people pirate.

Read the thread, they aren't banning people from the eShop, just online multiplayer.

archive.is/tmhj9
post #2358
Possible cause being pokemon related? In all honesty, I won't be fucking surprise.

So apparently Bootstrap made it easier to ban people.

I hope that's the case, in which I won't have to worry.

>>12635800
I haven't even touched my 3DS in months. If I get banned I could give the least amounts of shits ever.

Like the Nintendo DS Bootstrap?

I'm so glad I was too lazy to unban my N3DS after I got banned before, I've still got my old 3DS lying around so I can just do whatever with that at some point then.

No the new method of hacking the 3DS, in the GBAtemp thread, people who upgraded to it got banned without even using software that would usually trigger it (pokemon, monhun)

Man, that was close

I just wanted some lesbians, specially because Chrom is unlikeable as fuck

Are you having Chad envy again? Chrom is fine.

Are you kidding? He's the blandest, most boring character I've ever seen, also the fact that only him can talk to potential-allies in the battlefield it's stupid.
Also

is there any scientific evidence that SM64 causes autism? at least a correlation?

Is building up speed for 12 hours not enough evidence?

Soon we'll be able to complete SM64 in 0.5 A press.

You bakas are faggots

I wouldn't go as far as to say it causes autism but it certainly has this quality of attracting it, see pannencoek and others

b.b.but I am playing it for the first time and raging over the damage lava dose and dying after collecting 99 coins. The frustration feels like what I assume autism feels like because I realize I am getting pissed at a children's toy. I never liked SM64 as a kid.

No, and I stated I didn't like the DMCAs.
Stop trying to make me out to be a shill so you can keep pretending they're breaking the law by what they're doing.

Still legitimate.

Jap 3DSes were reported as banned.
I'm hedging my bets on something like people with Pokemon Sun/Moon saves they copies across from one to the other, or people with the bad CIA dump of Pokemon Moon.

I bet they've gathered this up all at once to get as many people as they can so everyone shits themselves and thinks they have more power than they do over finding out who has CFW.

nothing causes autism, it's inside of all of us, waiting for an opportunity to surface
normalfags are casuals because if they weren't. their autism would activate and they wouldn't be normalfags anymore

No one is saying it's not, but it is not what you were saying, which was incredibly general and nonsensical. Given that Freeshop's only purpose is to display title key files and their information, and the title key files aren't being resold, they can't do shit.

It looks like it's either hacked Pokeymanz or out-of-region MHXX related. Fucking retards need to learn to stop going online with that shit.

If it's out of region MHXX, that explains why I wasn't banned, then. WEW.

phew, looks like I'm safe then.

Hacked Pokemon how? Pokemon failing legality checks?

I made it a point not to play anything out-of-region/hacked online the moment banwaves started to roll out during the first Sun/Moon fiasco. Never felt more glad to be a lazy sunvabitch.

A FAIR WARNING
Just because you didn't get banned now, doesn't mean it won't happen later. Also the ban is entirely serverside, so the true cause for this is pure guesswork, so I would recommend straight up not turning on the Wi-fi(don't forget to turn off SpotPass since it's how Ninty distributes bans) of your 3DS for a month or so. Just in case.

The game's CIA failing a checksum, for example. That and a Pokemon has a shitton of hidden identifiers that can be used to track your cheating ass down.

This honestly wouldn't surprise me.

What slack? Vita has piracy, homebrew and overclocking.

If they hacked the console then they aren't buying any games.

Gotta git dat 3.63 son. I want some free SRW:V

Actually if they banned their acct/machine from accessing the eshop that would stop the most easy method of piracy. People would have to manually upload and extract CIAs rather than downloading them directly from Nintendo's servers.

No way, Nintendo can't be THAT incompetent.

That's almost adorable.

You can still use freeshop just fine if you're banned. This ban only stops you from giving Nintendo money and playing multiplayer games over the internet.

Would be a return to the old days of manually dumping and distributing CIAs in that regard.

You are incorrect. I have never had either Pokemon or MHXX.

Did you upgrade to bootstrap or download out of region shit off freeshop or CIAngel?

Wait, did you get banned!?

Funnily enough manually installing CIAs via FBI may actually be a possible cause for the latest banwave.

Ah, but they are. Mind you SpotPass is not the only vector of handing out bans, but it is the one you have no direct control over. Other than that any action that will require you to log onto Ninty's servers on a flagged system will trigger the ban, but all of those require you to manually initiate it while SpotPass is automatic while the system is in Sleep mode.

If it's fucking Boot9strap causing this, then being a lazy asshole saved me from not one, but two banwaves.

I just checked because curiosity was killing me. I am on 11.4 AL9H. The only thing "out of region" I have downloaded was months ago, which was the lego movie. I deleted it after five minutes because I didn't want to change my region. Goddamn I wanted to watch 3D lego on my 3DS so badly, anons.

GTAbemp seems to think it is at least one of the causes.

You dug your own grave user.

I didn't read this before I replied and I take it back, this is adorable. I hope you're like 35 too. But shouldn't you not have to change your region for that? I don't have to change region for games.

Actually, I did want to buy an obscure out of region DLC no one dumped. Too bad.

Ah, so it was missing context.

Does this mean using wifi at all? Or specific things like eshop/NNID?

Welp. I did want to go fuck with some people in Battle Royale in Moon.

I really wish these retards could figure out what exactly is causing the banwave again, rather than chimping out.
Hell. Didn't Fire Emblem Echos just drop and didn't people pirate the fuck out of it AND go online before the street date?

Videos need to be the correct region, while games can use hans or whatever.

Moral of the story, don't ever go online unless you know for a fact your shit's legit or can trick Ninty into thinking it's legit. Also, my 3ds was hacked back when the hack was first discovered and was eventually altered to a modified SYSNAND so I don't have the new bootstrap hack.

What does bootstrap even do? How BAD did they fuck up?

The latter. Using the browser seems to be safe. I'll repeat my self just in case. The best course of action is to straight up go dark. Turn off wifi. Clear the memorized connections. Turn off SpotPass. FUCKING WAIT.

The Vita is currently in the same predicament as the PS3 right now, minus the ability to downgrade firmware. The Homebrew scene is thriving thanks to henkaku/taiHEN, but it's only a matter of time before things slow down again.

No, it's not. You can't even play games beyond 3.60.

What is even worth playing beyond 3.60?
Ys Origin will be when it comes out, SRW:V, Caligula Effect could be interesting I guess.

Boot9Strap is basically the successor of A9LH, but it goes even deeper than it since it accesses the fucking BootROM of the system and allows you to basically execute whatever firmware you want with whatever signature you want. Atleast that's what I've been able to gather at a glance.

However it can brick your shit easily.

The Sony hacking scene is a real cluster fuck, the organization of different hacks and information is so scatter brained it's a chore just to get an idea of where everything is at, PS3 included.
Say what you want about Nintoddlers, they take it much more seriously than Sonyggers.

This is my hope. They didn't do shit about the SuMo bans and basically just joined in on calling everyone caught retarded while the GBAtemp community banded together and came up with some shakey fixes in the end. Now just about everyone is caught, including the people who laughed last time, so if they don't fix it their whole scene is dead in the water.

It looks like you're completely wrong and it has nothing to do with any games in particular. Thank you again, Captain Hindsight.

Ohhhhh!!!!

Ohh….

Boot9strap modifies A9LH to run from the system's own bootrom rather than from whatever black magic it was working before. Doesn't confer any actual benefit at this point in time but Plailect and all the rest of the cliques pushed it like a motherfucker (up to and including Aurora dropping support for non-B9S versions of Luma3DS).

without custom OSes or a fix to the 300 title issue there's no real reason for the end user to upgrade, it has no real extra features.

Nah, as long as freeshop still works 3DS piracy will always be regarded as the most hilarious and inept moment in the history of copy protection.

I know, which is 75% of the reason I didn't bother until they made it safe. That and it basically does nothing for the end user right now or the forseeable future for that matter.

After skimming through the hundred or so pages on GBAtemp, it appears that whatever these bans are significantly more complex than merely going online with certain shit, so I guess you're right. I can still go online with legit or pirated shit, but I'm shelving my 3DS effective now, until this shit is figured out.

I'm rather confused now. I'm banned from online multiplayer? That's it? I've never even used online multiplayer, not even locally. How is that supposed to punish me? I would have never even known I was banned.

If this ban is permanent, how long will it take the devs to make a private server software?

I'm pretty sure every 3ds game is peer to peer.

Yes, the ban is just online multiplayer/social features. And some games' internal DLC stores.

All you need to know about PS3 is you have to start from 3.55 or get a console that was ever on that FW or under and downgrade it. Everything else but safety measures to go online are self explanatory.

Also, the 3DS scene was a huge fucking mess until these Reddit guides came along shortly before A9LH happened. So that's, what, 4 years?

You still have to use Nintendo's servers to set up games or find and connect to them, if you're banned it just shows you an error and kicks you out.

Well, now I WANT to play online.

If we have B9S, which is the greatest thing since sliced bread, why are we using nintendo's servers anymore? Wasn't the whole point of getting CFW to stop nintendo from telling us what we could or could not do with our systems?

Wasn't that banwave just for the idiot who went online before release? This seems like the first time Nintendo has gone on the offensive.

50 of which are retards fear mongering.

You're implying that the concept of CFW was ever anything than piracy.

It was, actually; the banwave was for anybody who'd been playing online before street-date. This included people who'd gotten their cartridges legitimately.

Well, if these bans are, as they say, permanent, I'm sure there will be a server created for online multiplayer. Just because piracy was the main reason for CFW in the past, doesn't mean that protecting the systems from nintendos tyranny won't be the main reason now.

You can already get rid of a ban though.

I think you might need to slow down there skippy.

That's why I believe this is linked to Echos.

It's been exactly 30 days since Echos was dropped early. More than enough time to make people believe that they're safe and then bam.

Why get rid of a ban, when you can make a server where 3DS and citra can play together?

Go eat your wife's son's dick, you fat neck bearded faggot.

I wouldn't be the one crying cuck here if I were you Mr. "Companies should surrender service to me".
That's literal postmodern leftist bullshit.

I'll admit that I really wish they could find a way to get it working with later OFW as a base, rather than requiring 3.60 for the Vita. There's been a number of games released since then that even tweaking the firmware requirements (replacing the NA/PAL requirements with JP ones works at times if the JP one was 360 or less to my knowledge) that are effectively locked from Vitas with firmware before that point.

On that note, with the PS3, is it possible to spoof OFW updates to play games that require updates beyond 3.55?

Because getting rid of the ban is easier?

Do you still need a second 3DS to bypass a ban or is there a one-3DS method?

There's a one 3DS one but I haven't done it yet because I only used the online for wonder trade spam.

How do I hack my 3ds XL?

Read the stick you double nigger

How can they detect that you have GBA injected games?
Does the 3DS send automatic data about what you have installed to Nintendo servers?

Typically when you put what your favorite game is in your friends list, It's unknown as of now, be cautious.

Let me rephrase that, I want to pirate 3ds games but I am a dumb shit.

yes actually.
Friends list>favorites shows every game you have installed and run, based on the activity log program.

Read the post I fucking linked to you or just download citra and emulate.

Congratulations, you're a retard. Go to 3ds.guide and read.
It's so simple that redditors manage to complete it in 30 minutes.
It's also written by a 16 y/old, so you can be sure it's painfully easy for your dumb ass.

A9LH and Plailect were a mistake. EmuNAND is still good and was complicated so you actually learnt what you were doing, instead of randomly following a guide then wondering what all those acronyms mean, and didn't have to ask stupid questions in the thread constantly.

God, I remember when this all first started and it took me nine hours to fucking hack mine.

is the 16 y/o cute?

They actually rewrote it quite recently, completely fucked up the guide for anyone that isn't starting fresh

Dunno if it's fixed now

It got fixed.

Back when the homebrew threads were actually fun and everyone was talking about things other than "How do update?? Can play [game released last week]?"

Wasted trips. He's a faggot who cries because people don't acknowledge him enough for writing down instructions the actual devs give him.
Then he wrote up other people's work into a git and asked for people to like/fork it so he could scam a uni application.

He just needs a good dicking and a daddy to whip him into shape it seems

user you and I know you're a bottom. Post boihole.

Alriiiiight, but it's very hairy!

Man I can't keep up with all this newfangled horseshit. I only recently upgraded to A9LH as it is.

this is why I kept my simple original ninjhax way after all the new fancy shit was released
It's so confusing if you don't follow the development

It's cancer, don't do it.

Wasn't planning on it, at least for as long as I can get away with sticking with A9LH. I see Luma3DS has dropped support for anything pre-Boot9strap though, what a giant cunt. Don't see any reason why the next oldest version wouldn't work just fine though.

I'm only not doing for risk of being banned

I'd wait another month or two, strictly because the risk of bricking and this shit has barely been tested.

Why? Isn't this what sighax was building up to, and you can actually forge a "valid" boot0/boot1 ROM?

There's SigHax and B9S, which are the same thing but B9S doesn't cause random bricks.
They let you forge the bootrom, but as I keep telling people, there's no point upgrading until there's a dev making something out of this ability. No point upgrading to the thing that will let you easily install custom firmware if there's no custom firmware.

This is the thing that can let you expand your friends list beyond 100 right?

SONY ALWAYS WINS BABY, Y'CAINT BEAT SOOONY

2ds-tan is better than 200 dollar tomoko

I kinda dropped out of the 3DS exploit loop but doesn't this bootstrap shit mean you can dump the bootrom and extract the keys from it to allow decrypting ROMs without having to use a real console?

The only good one is the alcoholic slut dog.

No, this is just using bootrom to load A9LH. No expansion of anything or removal of OFW limits just yet; nothing meaningful has actually been done with the bootrom yet.

No. It allows you to execute arbitrary code with a fake signature. Although at this rate dumping the BootROM is a matter of time.

What games are there worth playing online anyways? The only think I want to play online at this point is Ever Oasis and it's not even out yet.

Is Boot9Strap the exploit that everyone was jumping on back in January? If not, then fucking hell am I glad I'm totally inept at this sort of thing and didn't know to upgrade. Ignorance truly is bliss sometimes

if so then oh shit I fucked up real bad

Yeah, but unlike vita-chan, 2ds-chan doesn't have pubic stubble

Behead those who insult the platform of LIFE.

pedos need to fuck off

Bootstrap9 fags BTFO, maybe you shouldn't jack off about how great your new hack is when it doesn't do fucking anything right now, and is actively worse than AL9H in terms of boot speed and stability.

A9LH was what was being jumped on back in January, but really if your emunand still works for you (keep in mind you're forced to update to Luma3DS for your CFW loader; 11.4 breaks all CFWs but that one) then stick with it. If you ever make the switch to A9LH you can inject an emunand backup as your sysnand.

user they've gotten into your brain
It is a REMOVABLE CONTROLLER, not some marketing buzzword to make you think it isn't a flimsy fucking piece of plastic.

That's because A9LH is clearly superior to emuNAND. No random boot failures, sysNAND protection, true recovery mode, and you can still use emuNAND with it if you really want, just there's very few reasons to do so.

How can it be worse? It's literally hacking further up the chain than A9LH could.

Did I say they weren't pieces of crap? I'm calling them what they are named.

I guess I'm on A9LH then. I haven't even updated my system since then despite reading that it wouldn't affect anything, so no game has been able to connect online anyway. Unless they can see that I've been hacking play coins to gamble for specific skills in Dragonball Fusions, then I'm probably safe

And that makes you a fucking cocksucker, faggot.

I don't know how they did it, but they did it.
It's slower to boot, and it's massively unstable with a huge chance of bricking any time you mess with it, including updating it.

?

I am still on rxtools.

So what, call the 3DS "the seventh generation Nintendo handheld". That's retarded you're retarded.

If they are rewriting boot0/boot1 from scratch instead of just making a patched Nintendo one that could explain it. In any case I'm sticking to what works for now.

Yeah you need to fix your ways ASAP. rxTools really is old and busted.

user it's named after an emotion because nintendo realizes the moment people start talking about them objectively they'll realize it's shit. This is black psychology.

1) I am lazy
2) it works and has a 90% success rate with me.
3) I got all my settings the way I want them including gba game redirect and working on sysnand
4) having hacked a friends shit 4 different times in both arm9 and reinanad, I am burnt out on hacking shit for a while. I may get to it once it is abandoned by nintendo but for now no. If I must hack something, it will be my wiiu for all of about 3 game I did not get extremly cheap.

I will ask how to tell if banned without going online.

nah, you can still use funkey to download the cias from eshop without even needing a 3ds

How does one know if they're banned? I just tried online with MH4U and it worked.

I assumed "joystick controller", and I still don't care.

With A9LH+Luma3DS you don't have to bother with a lot of nonsensical hack-arounds that's all, GBA games just install, DS is unblacklisted, and also TWLoader only works on sysNAND, I would not trust rxTools on sysNAND.

The banning applies to online services. If you aren't online it's not gonna matter.

What? I am able to use ds games still on the 3ds, unless that means something else, and i ment I installed gba games on the sysnand. I usually run minipasta to go to my sysnand. I also have limited luck so my next hack being the brick would not be a surprise to me.

And I shut off wireless and deleted my connections for now anyways. The only games I want to install in the future are strange journey and the other ds game remake forgot the name

Flash cards. TWLoader though, is DS game loading without needing a flash card, still in development though.

Then meh to that, I have a dslite still for my m3i zero. My rxtools works and I have no strong rason to test my shit luck today.

the only bad news i'm seeing in this thread is that luma won't support my emunand. i'll probably need to update the system when lady layton gets localized.

you deserve to get economically raped by these companies.

Good shit.

archive.is/e7HWj
More support for being related to pokemon.

I mean, you have to deal with the fact that most of the Megas are shit to begin with. Holding back the Megastones for events is retarded.

I can't even with Pokemon these days.

Why are people so surprised and angry? Unless you're running CFW because you have some immature urge to "stick it to the man", you've got no reason to act like a whiny kid who just got his toy taken away from them.

Ohi vey.
Personally, I run CFW because fuck Nintendo, I'm not buying a 3DS for every fucking region to play games I legitmately bought while I was in the country.

Honestly if you don't run cfw on your 3ds you're probably fucking retarded

what the fuck

Given that it's so easy to set up, yeah. It has virtually no drawbacks either unlike Vita hacking. Or didn't have any until this new ban wave, I'll be leaving mine off for a while longer.

Oh are they killing emuNAND support entirely?

This is a 3DS thread numbnuts.

post yfw if you're the same

i got banned fucking regardless, what a shit meme

"Gook" is a slur for Koreans, it comes from the Korean name for South Korea, Hanguk. For Japanese, your choices are Jap, Nip, slope, squint, slant, or wog. Please update your spreadsheets accordingly.

Is that something you have to do intentionally or is it automated based on playtime? If you have to do that yourself that's on par with gloating about shit you stole on faceberg.

Automated.
Check activity log to see every app you have ever run on your current 3ds.

I see, if they manage to fix this this that sounds like something that might be a good idea to disable.

BM0 is shit though. It's disgustingly easy.

You get "banned" from what, if not the e-shop? 3DS doesn't have any other online service that's bannable, and they did away with Club Nintendo so they can't ban you from trading your soul for a shitty pillowcase, either.

Don't forget "Zipperhead", a slur for Vietnamese, which comes from both the fact that their faces look so squinty like their eyes were zipped up, and from the fact that the most common way to see a Vietnamese is in a body bag.

Wait, so pirates are getting banned? Aren't people using their hacked consoles to get paid stuff from the eshop for free? It makes sense that they would get banned then.

And the joystick is a leftist ploy to subconsciously plant homosexual fantasies into the minds of children.
Just fucking stop

Zipperhead is a reference to the zipper pattern left on their crushed head when a tank drives over it, dumbass.

Yes user, marketing is never manipulative.

Yes user, you can never over-analyze something and miss the basic answer people actually think of. Anyone who says so about one thought of yours believes marketing manipulation as a whole doesn't exist.

kill yourself

I think I have A9LH and Luma stuff.

I don't think I installed any hacked games. Downloaded them from Freeshop.

Buuut I did download Golden Sun 1 and 2, which is from European freeshop. I think.

I turned off my wireless just in case.

On one hand its pretty funny that nintendo did this
on the other hand, do I REALLY care?

I only used SaltySD, so I think I'm safe. Its really more convenient because all you really have to do is tick a box in the Luma config and it loads shit off the SDCard without having to install patched ROMs. Of course it only works for a limited number of games

A JoyCon is a removable controller, but you don't have to get your panties in such a twist over the name of something.
PS controllers are called DualShocks, and people call them those as well as controllers. Does that trigger you too?

You sound like an idiot who only just realised how marketing works. That's what they are called, so you might as well call them that.

Just turn off SpotPass in the settings menu. In the same menu, turn off sending data to Nintendo if you accidentally enabled it.
That's how some bans are distributed.

NTR should support more games than SSD, but then again, there's a grand total of maybe 20 ROM hacks.

Does anyone with standard OFW with just basic Homebrew been banned? Kind of interested to find out.

Shit, I'm banned. Welp, too bad.

I guess it'll hurt me playing future Monster Hunter 3DS titles but other than that it's not so bad if I can access freeshop and still download games.

How do you tell? Does a message pop up?

Yeah. I checked my friends list and it said that Nintendo restricted my online.

I shut my internet connections as soon as I heard and can still access my friends list, does that make me fine?

well if you have no internet connection that means you're offline so you probably won't see the message.

I'm seeing more panties twisting from the faggots desperately jumping to defend it.

I am afraid of reconnecting, but did have spotpass and the nintendo information settings off for a long time, since I hacked mine. That would help, yes?

I don't exactly know if it would. The cause of the bans seems varied/complicated.

Well then I shall live in fear for a bit. Does yours still have the error if you go offline and check your friend list?

You're playing the Nintendo DS remake.
It has terrible controls, the original had an analog stick so the movement was precise but the NDS lacks this feature.
This means you're stuck with 8 directions, which makes S64DS borderline unplayable. Everything is clunky.

Probably because you go nuts about it in every thread and start bolding text, so people figure you're an autist and tell you so.

Gotta stay Kosher. Y'know?

I didn't know there was a third etymology, thanks user.

Is there a good baka proof guide on moving from rxTools to A9LH or Luma3ds? I'm in the same boat as the other guy. I was an early adopter of rxTools and stuck with it because "it just werks" after tweaking it the way I want. The thought of losing my saves is a real turn off but I like the concept of being able to use my ds carts again while in emunand.

I too used RxTools up until it was broken, and still just kept my EmuNANDs on my consoles.
Pretty simple to swap over to Luma; go to the git and download version 7.0.5. There will be a Luma.3dsx file that goes in SD:/3ds/ and a boot.3dsx that goes in the root, replacing the one you already have.

Then, just boot Luma instead of RxTools and it will sue the same partition.

If you want to hop over to A9LH or B9S, use Decrypt9 to dump your emuNAND.bin, store it safely on your computer, then follow 3ds.guide
When you've finished that, rename the enuNAND.bin to sysNAND.bin and use Decrypt9 or HourGlass9 to inject the renamed enuNAND.bin

EmuNAND and Luma are still the best way, honestly. It teaches you more about what you're doing, rather than just "muh free gaymez!!"

Seriously. Nintendo treats it's fanbase like shit.

Thanks for the tips. I had to sell my extra 3ds to keep the lights on but I still have the purse owner edition with rxtools. Since it's the last one I have I don't want a chance of bricking the system. I wouldn't mind losing my saves but I want a safety net in case things go south.

Just swap to Luma. Literally just dropping a file into a folder then choose Luma instead of RxTools in the HBL. No chance of anything being lost, and you can then update to 11.4 for online if you want.

If you accidentally click RxTools while it's on 11.3 or higher, it will blackscreen, but you just have to force a shutdown then reboot with Luma.
That being said, keep a backup of your SD card every now and then, if it's at a manageable size. The NAND.bin files don't contain saves, those are in the /Nintendo 3DS/[random numbers and letters] folder. There will be at least 2 of those random folders, due to having a Sys and EmuNAND, so the larger one will be your EmuNAND, with all installed games and saves.

user are you implying that most of Holla Forums is faggots who can't into text?

You and I know full well that half of this site is filled with refugees and underage edgelords who cry if you show any form of knowledge or post more than 2 sentences.

What's the point in hacking the 3DS when it has no games worth playing?

The list goes on. There's lots of games worth playing, they just clearly don't appeal to you.
Similarly, I don't have a PS4 as none of the games appeal to me.

So piratefags are getting BTFO? What the fuck did you thought was gonna happen?

Not really, given that you can still download games directly from their servers for free.

So what's the fucking point of this ban?

Not really.

It's just Nintendo impotently lashing out after the final, lowest-level part of the 3DS was cracked open.

You can unban yourself in about 10 minutes with some hexediting.
Only reason it's not being done is so we can find out what the trigger is to avoid getting rebanned.

Not too much of a problem, as the only online games, really, are Smash, which everyone dislikes on the 3DS, MonHun, which people will be pissy about, and Pokemon, which was filled with Smogenfags anyways so worthless for random matches.

So how do I check if I got banned?
I know the question is retarded but please.

Open friend list or try to go online in a game.

Friend list says I'm offline. Did I get hit then?

Seriously, that's the equivalent of robbing an art gallery and then trying to donate the pieces back to the gallery the next day. Of course they are going to do something about it.

Did you turn on the wifi?

I may be retarded, but I'm not THAT retarded.

I reopened it a few times and now it's showing me as online. Guess I'm fine?
Even if i was banned it wouldn't be a big loss, the only mp game I played was MH4U and that's been done with for months

No, it will launch the friend list, then a grey error screen will come up. Error code is something like 002-1202.

Thanks buddy. I wonder what who is and isn't getting banned connected to.

With A9LH you don't need emuNAND at all. I would link 3ds.guide but according to someone further up they're using a successor to A9LH and it sucks right now. At the very least though, you can switch your rxTools payload for Luma3DS. That'll be a fair improvement, but you still have to worry about accidental sysNAND updates.

For DS and GBA backwards compatibility, and unlimited piracy of the 3DS library.

This is the 3DS Modding Community.
They're not bright. Period.

These are the retards who spent months recoding Fire Emblem, to allow your same sex couples to have children.
These are the retards that derail any thread, no matter the topic the moment you mention "Genning Pokemon"
These are the same retards who, on reddit, proudly post their friend codes and their hacked 3DS status.

*checks to see if i clicked reddit somehow*

Nope! Its summer Holla Forums!

The Game Genie didn't break any copyright law, though.

Cry summer all you want. These folks are like this all year round.

Are you able to read the topic about CFW users being banned from online multiplayer?

Aw cmon now, we both know I was shitposting why would you reply seriously

That's it! I'm banning you from this thread!
(You have been banned from thread #12635002)

Before that there was basically no problem. I do not count the S&M bans because

Nintendo obviously has a firm grasp on what their fans are like then.

Summer never ends bro.

pc-tan bullying vita-tan does weird things to my peepee

NIDF ITT, we got a legal scholar here

Nintendo is finished
They were King from 85 to 2000 (wew)
But they've done nothing other than slow decline for the last 16 years.
Only children and normalfag casuals play that shit

furthermore doesn't playing with the 3ds stick work just as well?

If you've disabled spotpass you should be safe.

No, it was also removed because it bypassed the DRM and let's users illegally download games from nintendo's servers.

The way that the relevant laws are written, they couldn't actually DMCA it for that is my understanding, hence the logo thing.

Doesn't kid icarus have shit controlls?

Execpt that's the reason the wrote in dmca reports of freeshop and all the mirrors on github.

github.com/github/dmca/blob/e4ed44931e5cf8693701461488b597f38e4620d7/2016-12-27-Nintendo.md
Except that wouldn't of held up in court. It was only taken down due to the logo change.

Not really. Takes a couple minutes to get used to, but they it's fun.

Yup, just keep ignoring that they're 50% more profitable than any other console, according to GameStop's financials.
They may be shit, but they're selling shit like hotcakes to casuals and children, and there's more of them than people like you.

Don't play online you fucking retarded faggots

I'm so confused right now, Op says banning for unauthorized stuff and then the thread is a talking about some copyright stuff what does that have to do with anything?

I know this ain't a drawthread, but, someone draw 2ds-tan as a pirate, patch and hook included.

I want to check to see if I am banned, but I don't want to know..

cute

I don't understand Nintendo's methods, but I'm not complaining.

i mean really why even bother the only remote use for 3ds online is monster hunter and pokemon fighting which in the end where most every pokemon used in online/tourments/championships are literally hacked, and now some places are even just using showdown at this point.

Switch is still in the spotlight for now but its not gonna hold up for very long considering zelda craze pretty much dropped off the face of the earth it seems as no one is even talking about it anymore

Did you retards also called Nintendo cartridges "Game Paks"?

Just a reminder to gloomy anons who got banned; You can still download free games via freeshop and whatnot. Unless you like the multiplayer games that the 3DS has to offer, you won't suffer much.

(checked)
Nope, the opposite. People seem to be getting banned at random and people not on CFW are reporting getting them.

If you're on CFW, it takes 10 minutes to unban yourself so it's a minor inconvenience once we find out what causes them.
If you're a good goy and have a fully legit 3DS, too fucking bad Nintendo's official response is go fuck yourself. So, yet again, and like always,
PIRATES
ALWAYS
WIN