EDF General

Alright Nigs time for Giant Incest hunting.
More EDF 5 footage is up
GO GO GO GO GO

Other urls found in this thread:

weapon.edf.jpn.com/4-1/?p=w
nichegamer.com/2016/09/22/first-preview-for-earth-defense-force-5-reveals-its-immigrant-invaders/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Incest hunting?

Not sure how to feel about this.

That was actually mildly funny.
At the end of the day though, we all know that Air Raider is best.

bugs are getting b l a c k e d . c o m

As a Ranger main, I couldn't be more excited; But Air Raiders still have the new airstrike system and the more powerful mechs to keep them relevant.

It might be nice for air raiders too because now you can take more support items without feeling like you're gimping the team.

This shit better get ported to PC

Yeah, not the most impressive shots they could've chosen. But 4.1 got a port so I see no reason why 5 wouldn't a year after the console release of course :^)

>a year after the console release of course :^)
Oh well

To be honest I don't mind waiting, really. As far as I know the PC port of 4.1 sold pretty well. Damn good port, too, all things considered.

I'm confident it will, but we just need to be patient. I'd assume D3 was surprised how well 4.1 sold on Steam, there's no way they would sacrifice those potential sales.

But the EDF 4.1 PC port only took a year and 3 months :^)
I'd rather wait tbh

It's almost as if the nips realized that if people play games on PC then those same people will buy good games if they are released on PC. I swear to god, japs must program games using Playstation controllers

But PC is pretty dead in Japan. Only now are we getting ports and even then they are by and large just for the west, the japs know there is no domestic market for PC. I mean dark souls only just got a Japanese version on PC.

You're right on the market being minimal but:
Region locks don't mean shit
Nier Automata only got an Asia release several months after the PC release.
What the fuck does that have to do with Western PC ports?
That user never mentioned the Japanese market.

I'm just saying why japs have only recently decided to give PC any attention.

Aye, fair enough
I missed your mention of their focus on the domestic market in your previous post.

The original Dork Souls got a Japanese PC release two months after everyone else. October 2012.

Because they realized the market is huge and they rake in a lot of money whenever they release anticipated games on PC.

This tbh
4.1 imo is the 'definitive' version of 2025. It's what Metal Slug X is to Metal Slug 2. What i have to give them credit though is how the damn good the port is, the game still manage to have decent framerate as long you're not in underground levels but nobody likes those anyways with sub-par rigs that would have chugged when it tries to run post-2010 grafix. Games like this still gave me hope to future vidya
Butterlord when you turkroaches

Good to see they're still keeping that upbeat optimism and prideful atmosphere of the game trailers. Lets see if the bike wont be shit

It, Ace Combat 7, REmake and Serious Sam 4 are literally the only things I'll keep a watch on E3. and Total Warhammer 2
Theres going to be a playable demo at the shitshow as well.
Fuck man, I hope it gets out this year.
Did you get the shit bike user?

I think Croteam said that SS4 won't be shown at E3

You can't be serious
I bet they'll reveal it right before it and/or make a shitty prank out of it

What happens next, lads?

I might be wrong, but I vaguely remember someone linking a tweet in a Serious Sam thread recently that said they were instead revealing something else at E3. Anyway sage for off-topic

Isn't 5 a new continuity?

Escape to space and fight them on their homeworld.

they transform all of the planets of the solar system into ravager ships

TALOS PRINCIPLE 2 BABEH!!!!

Yes

PLEASE CHRIST I NEED THAT SO BADLY

Also makes me wish for a Gunbuster game with that kind of scale and randomness.

Anyone knows if they've finally fixed the damn aiming for vehicles in 5 instead of the fucking red arc?

The trailer in the OP shows red arcs again, so I guess not.

Also, I'm loving the new way Air Raiders can call strikes now. The big red grid coupled with a zoom out of the battlefield is super convienent. I'm also glad the machine gun fire can be moved around like the satellite lazer. But I'm also confused, the Ranger can call vehicles now? I'm guessing his range of vehicles is alot more limited than Air Raiders for balance reasons?

Probably giving the Ranger access to basic vehicles while the Air Raider gets the really cool stuff.
I'm for it. That way you can still get plenty of vehicle support while also having AR bombardmnets.

sounds like a huge improvement's all around, I really hope that they fix vehicle controls and physics as well, trying to fly a helicopter in particular was fucking shit in 4.1

4.1 duh
Slug shotties for Rangers
Motherfucking Lazer Chainsaw for Wing Divers
150mm Cannon shot for Air Raider Limpet guns are shit
Galleon Cannons for Fencers
Hectors / Erginus
E551 Gigantus, because it's a motherfucking Abrams that can fucking skid and take out giant robots, unfortunately you will run out of shells more often that it being destroyed. Balam gets a mention but it's too specialized for taking out Erginuses and is too much of an investment to get one in the first place, either way i still had fun killing Hectors with it
dem City maps, fuck underground tunnels
torn between Ranger / Air Raider

Nice, Rangers always get the end of the short stick in mobility. But seeing how great Ranger's weapons are i wonder if the vehicles weapon will get outclassed by it? Also raise playercount to 8 or more please

What does the Ravagers want with us anyway? excuse plot aside, they seem to be here just so they can genocide us, they don't take any resources at all considering how they got all their shit here, i don't think they're here for that.

They just want to bully

Bump

It still looks like it's being worked on a ramen cup budget.

And?

That's the beauty of it.

They're all like that though, the original was a budget title that got unexpectedly popular, to see it get all polished now would be jarring.

That bike looks awesome. Finally a 1 person bike that rapid-fire shots.

Why isn't there EDF Empires?
Shooting down bugs is fun for a while but gets old really fucking quick.
It's basically a musou game with ranged weaponry being the focus.

Oh well, I'd content myself with better Air Raider strikes. Hopefully helicopters will handle better too.

I agree, they should probably add more robots and giant hovering battleships that you have to board in order to destroy it from inside, and STILL have it turn into a 500-ft tall giant robot when it's fucked up enough

Not necessarily bad, since they can pump up loads of more bugs, robots, and giants ships into the map since graphical depth is minimal

so mean

MULTI GENERATIONAL INCEST!!!

those are training suits lad, i think they'll stay the same design-wise in 5

I'm hoping Capcom announces a Lost Planet game too. I remember some leaks about it.

NO

Honestly, I was thinking of something more like boarding in Battlefront 2, except with the ability to just destroy the environment to get to the critical systems. Only other way is just have them be like Dead Space, 1 or 2,'s zero G parts.

Looking good. I feel kinda bad for never finishing 4.1

Muh
Dick

Every time I get reminded of this I have to laugh and then I get sad.

Is it me or are rangers really underpowered?

It's okay to exist in the ass end of the milkyway galaxy, since it'll be along time before we get swallowed up by the giant black hole in the center that is if the solar system itself will still exist when that time comes

>LAZER BEAMS sadly it's shit
No lad, although he is the slowest class since the other three has a means to go fast

We are on borrowed time lads.

Is it me or does it look like there are alternate costumes you can wear? Like there was a training ranger or a lewd wing diver, wtf.

My only wish was more new bugs and some character customization for each class.

There are

oval is in 2d though

What part.

Alternate costumes, there's gonna be a ton

Hopefully there is a wingdiver trap I can play as.

Don't be sad, according to some astronomers the observable universe is just a tiny slice of pie of what lies beyond there, places where even light itself haven't traveled all the way back to here which considering the age of our observable universe, really put things into perspective of our complete insignificance. i was going to post a webm of something relevant to this but i can't find it so enjoy black holes

Eugh

Same here although i got sidetracked grinding for weapons and armor, though Holla Forums said that it's a blast to play with friends but too bad i pirated it give me discount bigger than 37% goddamnit, it's like you don't want me to buy your game Sandlot

And even that's a pretty bold statement.
Giant Insects will have to do, because space is just large to a retarded degree. Sometimes I seriously wonder what the fucking point of it is.
Even this image was originally too big for Holla Forums

Also apparently I've been lied to and we ain't in the ass end of the Milky Way at all, so that's nice. At least I won't have to fear being ejected out into the void.

Yeah I didn't buy it either, but I used smart steam emu or whatever it's called to play online for a bit when it released. I might buy this once it's on PC though.

is this the starship troopers thread?

I always thought about getting EDF4.1
But I'm not willing to pay that much money for such an old game.
Can anyone give me reasons to betray my money saving?

Just pirate it and play with friends via steamemu or smth. Did so, bought the next day It changed so quickly from "that looks so stupid I want to try it" to "it's fucking awesome, EDF! EDF! EDF!"
Oh, and you can hexedit id inside the save file if you'll ever want to transfer saves to the legit version

Goddamn you fags, this is one of the best games in recent years.

What am I supposed to do? Shit out money?

No.
Yes.

It's a fun game, for sure, but I'd never pay 45 euros for it.
Also please don't do it for free.

Get a job you fucking leech, even minimal wage slaves can afford to buy games.
Even literal niggers can afford Cock of Doody and Street Fighter.

Still at school. And since schools in Germany are pretty much the whole day, I don't have any time for money making

Sure thing, why do you complain about modern games while not doing anything about it again?

Also, the pickup in EDF5 seem to have slightly bigger hitboxes instead of them being the literal model.

Nigger, I'm a college studen with low middle class parents and even I can afford it, I barely buy games as it is.

Do you see me complaining anywhere in this thread? Even then, I'll complain about whatever I damn well please. I pirate all my vidya and rarely does a game stand out that much that I decide to buy it if it's more than 20 euros.

Can you please stop shilling? This is getting pretty painful to read.

Really gives my noggin' a joggin'.

Do you even fucking read or just here to post your ebin underage memes?

Everytime
Funnily enough this was the last game I bought

Cool story bro.

You're sending mixed signals here user

Thanks, you too

I meant EDF 4.1, in August

What? Can't do it yourself?

Honest question, why should I ever pick someone other than Wing Diver? I can't go back, now that I tasted flying.

You don't, wing diver is best diver.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return.

Wing Diver? Not fast enough.
t. Fencer

These pill bugs better go full starship troopers and explode when they're near death. Or get launched in ball form only to detonate.

poopie

>>>/tumblr/

Well post it then

Because Air Raiders can fly too :^)

Faggot

Grinding equips for Air Raider is hell.

Why?
I Inferno everything easily with my Velgatas

Do it with friends who aren't playing as air raider? If they pick up a weapon it still counts as a weapon for you.

>when mission starts ready the airstrike and order it just before the horde is in spitting distance of the friendlies
If you don't fuck it up then you'll get enough credits to requisition a Balam
Now if don't get greedy just yet, you have time to collect those boxes, in the meanwhile order another Balam just in case the first one is too damaged

Vegaltas are the Jack-of-all-trades of the Air Raider's vehicles, they're just too goddamn versatile for what they are, i just wish they gave the Gigantus more ammo ;-;

I would too if a decent one would drop that isn't as slow as a fucking snail. I'm just gonna progress through the missions on normal until I get a better grinding map.
The first ones don't drop shit anymore.

These tunnel missions are terrible, but that was awesome.

Yeah this works, still not a single Vegalta has dropped grinding that mission. Maybe I just have terrible luck.

It should also be noted that certain drops drop only on certain missions to prevent players from grinding all of the high tier weapons on the early stages.

Mandatory drop list for an EDF thread weapon.edf.jpn.com/4-1/?p=w

Daily reminder, do not trust the Immigrants and kill all Neofaggots who harbor them.
nichegamer.com/2016/09/22/first-preview-for-earth-defense-force-5-reveals-its-immigrant-invaders/

What the fuck happened to the posts? Have we traveled back in time?
JIM FIX THIS SHIT, I SWEAR TO GOD

…and now it's back sage because double posting
WTF IS GOING ON

HAHAHA HOLY SHIT
Goddamn i hope that D3 won't turn back on this, but since they're Japs i don't think they won't

Neg. Mission 81, with the deroys on the docks. The highest level railgun tank oneshots them even in multiplayer on inferno.

There's your problem
Start on hard

i don't understand moonrunes

These people are damaged.

There's a language in the top left corner user

I think the machinima has some charm. Beats the hell out of bullshots and a load of pre-rendered not video games.

Niggers are on Welfare I'm not

The lazer beams are good for quickly taking down nests in some missions

a second chance, we can save /sp/!

How about no
When's the next Infinitycup?
What do you mean about a second chance anyway?

RIP EDF
We hardly knew ye

More like 3rd or 4th. Their otherhome shit the bed so they settled en endchan. They are nomads at this point, traveling the chans for greener pastures.

It's to be expected for a game like this.

Nigger please

Even on friday nights I seldom find a good pub match.

I think Tekken 7 is the answer
I usually play EDF pubs every friday and last friday was the only one I couldn't find 4+ rooms

Ayylmao

Didnt expect that

yoo haha

10/10
That's awesome.

have a webm, fag