/eog/ - EVE Online General

A space-based sci-fi MMORPG known for its steep learning curve, massive scale, and unique depth. It's also known as "Space Spreadsheet Simulator" and "NEET Space Gods".

Yes. Eve is F2P, with some restrictions, and you can earn enough in-game money to get a subscription ("PLEX").

Get 250,000 free Skillpoints by using a referral link (chaining them with friends works best). If you have no friends you can easily create two accounts and refer yourself - you'll need an alt anyway:
secure.eveonline.com/recruit/

If you buy a subscription on the referred account, then the account used to create the referral link will receive in-game money. Therefore some people will ask you to click their referral links, with the promise of monetary returns. There is no guarantee that you will actually get your share, if you click other people's referral links.

Do the Tutorial then the Career Agent missions; they give you ISK, ships, skillbooks and teach you basics. Talk to players and consider finding a corp. Corporations are a great way to connect with people and learn the game properly. The game is only as boring as you are.

For career suggestions, see this graphic:
eve-guides.fr/images/wtd.jpg

pastebin.com/cqJUuVT9

Eve University UniWiki: wiki.eveuniversity.org/Main_Page

evemaps.dotlan.net/
ellatha.com/eve/wormholelist.asp

zkillboard.com/
evewho.com/

github.com/pyfa-org/Pyfa
wiki.eveuniversity.org/Third-party_tools

updates.eveonline.com/

eve-central.com/
eve-marketdata.com/
evepraisal.com/

No one wants to play Space Jew Online with you

I prefer Excel, it's like EVE but singleplayer

How about space games that aren't shit instead?

Can someone who plays EVE tell me if it's worth getting into? I had an account before it went F2P and I managed to get 60 million ISK through exploring in my little Magnet before my trial was over.

I want to get into it again but

makes me scared that I might be too late for EVE.

so i played eve for 7 years,

No its not worth getting into, its dying.

Unless you got in at day one or early years then you are already too late for EvE. Anything fun you could do is unable to happen since nullsec is pretty much already controlled by Mega Alliances.

Stop trying to get new players into this shit show.
CPP has had YEARS to fix the mistakes they made but have chosen not too.

I've descended into alcoholism and nihilism because of this game. It's infectious in the sense that you want to make other people hurt like you do.

They employ some good traps though

I've descended into alcoholism and nihilism because of depression. Would you recommend this game to me?

Jesus Christ….

The learning curve is too high for a reward that's too low.

All ships and resources are player made and in a player run economy.

When you lose your ship, it's gone for good. Whatever it's worth and it's cargo are also gone.

It attracts a certain type of sadistic person. There is very much a risk/reward kind of system.

the one thing EVE threads are good for is spot-the-redditor
le spreadsheets meme is doge-tier, go back to the overwatch containment thread

in the end, what kills the fun of EVE hardest is its overly-invested playerbase and the mechanics that encourage it
9/10 times no one will take a solo/small gang fight unless they directly counter you or have more friends waiting for the signal a system over
nullsec wars boil down to big fucks kicking the shit out of little fucks, and in the extremely rare case that big fucks aggress other big fucks, the attacker hit-and-runs territory objectives, setting off false alarms and forcing the defender to call all their dudes to sit in space doing nothing for a couple hours, and repeats this until the defender's active player count burns out enough to roll over
the no-fun-allowed is so strong that big alliances organize constant recreational fights in cheap ships to keep people entertained, but no meaningful change happens in the player-driven universe that isn't done in as lame a way as possible
it's a game that takes a large time commitment to learn and git gud at, full of obsessed autists who'll do anything to not lose, and it's just not fun
satisfy yourself with looking at the beautiful ships trapped in this autism hell

EVE has been dying since 2002.

Goons have gotten shitfucked major league in EVE.

Don't forget the shit ass crime and punishment system that makes a life of piracy basically impossible, and just sucks the fun out of the gameplay in general.

but can the game ever recover from cancer like that

Eve has always been dying user. You should know if you actually played it for so long.

Sometimes i get the itch to resub but Eve is really only fun with a good corps with solid bros. And all my old buddies from Triumvirate/Cry Havok/ev0ke/Pandemic Legion have quit long ago.

Oh man i remember that guy. Some ultra autist who stripmined entire belts with 6 accounts at once.
CCP banned him because they thought he was botting or used some tool because all 6 accounts moved exactly the same.
So he posted those pictures proving he had the ultimate autism setup with 8 monitors and 6 mouses all taped together to move all mining ships at once.

Holy Trinity of autism.

I never understood how to get into corp or PVP play in EVE, each time I try to play it again I got no idea what to do and I am an Alpha clone meaning solo PVP is just a waste of ISK.

The problem is that most people recommend newcomers to join Megacorp X in Megaalliance Z so you get to be faceless nigga in blob of faceless niggas that don't really know each other. Smaller corps and alliances tend to be more social and fun but then you have to forget about participating in the big headlines fights that they present in trailers in any meaningful way. Just waddle around in some cheap ship, pick fights, eventually you'll get to know people.

That's everyones problem at first. I for one lucked out and joined a small pirate corps or like 10 guys.
At that point i made all the noob mistakes. getting bored with missions and mining first, then joined the first super mega alliance that just wants warm bodies to join their mega blob.

So i told myself "i try this one last time and quit forever" So i joined these guys and they taught me everything about solo PVP, the mechanics behind traversal and tacking to be a good tackler, and we had 5 years of fun. Great time.

I'm in Horde right now, docked in Beanstar and haven't undocked or launched the game since early May or late April.
Ratting is impossible in low or null because all the Alpha ships are either shit or too expensive to lose, and I only have 90m in wallet.

Fuck off, goon.

Why is everyone that posts cuckime a shitposter? If you aren't interested in a topic, I don't visit a thread on it. What's your thought process?

Pure Blind is trash for ratting. I remember living in that area when we were attacking Mostly Harmless and by extension the Northern Alliance in Cloud Ring. There's absolutely no value in ratting in those two regions.

eve is a shit game filled with goons and spreadsheet grinding. There is nothing redeemable about its bland, empty universe of total cancer clones.

You clearly don't know what you are talking about, please cease posting in threads where you don't know what you are talking about.

Thank fuck your shit game is dying, so I don't have to deal with you unintelligible retards filling the space threads with this limitless cancer.

You heard it here folks, RIP EVE 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 2017

Don't play this game, anons. You'll lose your souls to it

But if you do, Join Horde

Take you shit and fuck off and recruit in some shithole where goons are welcome faggot.

And for the record Goons are lead by a guy called Mittani in EVE.
No one here is shilling for Goons and most players in EVE don't like them.

Its basically a fancier chatroom. No alliance is going to risk losing their position in the game. The concept of a high stake/risk game like this sounds good on paper but in reality no ones truly willing to put themselves in that risk. Making the concept pointless.

see

Shit
No
End yourself

Long live CVA!

I would be surprised that people still play this shit, but people play warframe and defend it after years and years of shitty dev choices.
Really all this proves is that it's actually impossible to lose gamers as a playerbase, because as much as they complain they will never actually stop playing

gets me every time

Is Shadoo still playing anyway?

This sounds strikingly like real geopolitics.

Yup, its a goon alright.