Other urls found in this thread:

avpunknown.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1455892050
archive.is/fsKSm
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romanticism
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What else is there to say?

you forgot 2 sidescrollers and an RTS you mongoloid

I included Extinction.

So how's the faggot life treating you, OP?

Then maybe someone might notice this criminally overlooked great fucking game this time, and OP might not be a faggot and might include it in his shitty list of shit.
WayForward is one of the least shit things about gaming, fucking at least acknowledge their work.

Holy fuck is that mouth at the bottom of the glass shopped? It looks terrifying for some reason

Then add these too.

Predator 2 is a far better movie than the first, while not necessarily a better Predator franchise product. Better acted and written ("better", not "very well") and without all the cheesiness from Schwartzy.

It sold poorly because of lack of a big Hollywood star, which makes it stink of b-movie. Which is exactly what the first was, a glamour update of the old monster movies. But it establishes far more advanced memes than the original's, like the gore and metal fetish.

Predators from 1 are gimmicks that can only be transplanted in the same setting: another hunt in the jungle, with another bombastic hero saving the day. Those from 2 are the exportable products which eventually colonized scifi culture.

Kill yourself m8. The peak of the alien hunt shouldn't be some spics and a junkie voodoo nigger.

I spent a lot of time in MS Paint making that list, you're welcome to make your own.

The Capcom AvP brawler is one of the best beat 'em ups of all time

correct. and?

This is the sad reality that you people will have to live with now. The xeno is simply weaker.

FUCK♂YOU♂

the new alien design looks so shit

Technically we won't see much of him anymore. But Ridley definitely made this version stronger.

Wrong pic.

I prefer this bizarre beluga alien thingy

David is just did a shitty thief.
True makers passing through. No need to be jelly. Perfect in mind and body. Never skip leg day. Half the day in the gym, half the day in the study room, free time - meditation.
Perfect being right here. Humanlets, synthetics, xenos and malformed things like

need not apply.

Outclassed in every way.

It was a walking simulator. Fucking neo/v/.

I still don't understand if the Engineers had an empire considering they had an entire planet dedicated to weapons development. But then David just shows up and wipes all of them out in one go and there's no other Space Empire Engineers.

Like every character in modern day ridley scott movies, the engineers had a special case of retarded.
Though one older theory claims that engineers had severe reproduction issues and the black goo was mostly for experiments to improve said reproduction issues, while copying those of another, extremely virile species - the real space alium.
All of that said: ridley is throwing everything worthwhile out the window in favor of david and *muh creation*.

I don't mind making the story about a psychotic Android that wants to wipe out humanity and ascend to Godhood. But it's done sloppy and forcing itself into the alien franchise.

this

Ridley wanted to stop making xeno movies altogether. He even has interviews in 2014 where he claims no more xeno movies. But people were buttmad about Prometheus. He(seeing the shitstorm online) then made alien:covenant and even had david put facehugger eggs in the colony embyo chambers ensuring an alien movie after alien:covenant.
Ridley is spineless. He wanted to walk on top of his alien fame, without making aliens, realized fans wanted aliens and bowed down like a little bitch. He is completely compromised as a director. Every new character he makes is retarded outside of the main female lead and the synthetic. Yes female lead, alien movies have had only female leads so far, 6 movies and counting.
Whatever good ideas he has he will drown in stupidity and poor decisions.

Did the old one get bumplocked?

Apples to oranges. I must say that I do like the Neomorph stuff. Ridley actually made the gene-stealing aspect of the monster kinda cool and more plausible with the goo.

I just do hope that they will eventually do something actually good with the Engineers and their conflict against their own creators, which should be entirely inhuman. Imagine an transcended god-like intelligence living in virtual space / pocket dimensions, creating physical structures and life as they please through advanced nano/goo-technology.

It's been kinda okay so far but I share the fear for the future since Scott doesn't seem to be able to handle things with finesse anymore. It's either confusingly ambiguous are slammed onto nose with a sledgehammer.

How can you have multiple threads about this shit and still leave this off the list?
You are't young are you?

Yes, Ridley Scott has gone the George Lucas way. Spielberg did the same to Indiana Jones. Now you finally understand why pop culture was doomed from the start: shekels always destroy the art they created, it's a vicious circle.

Prometheus 1 and 2 destroyed all mystery of the saga, which can now be summarized as women running away from space wolves. Made by a closet furry android.

I never had that strong feelings about it. Same as with Resurrection fps.

Both are kinda cool games. Alien 3 is really neat when you start it but then you realize you'll be playing just reshuffled level layouts and the gameplay wasn't exactly smooth or tense. It feels like a rushed out beta version of a game that could've been one of the best metroidvania-games if they had just bothered to design it through and through.

I have no idea where all of that went with the movie. It was clearly mentioned by scott in interviews, but in the movie there was nothing about it. Absolutely nothing. It might end up as background noise the way things are going.

This. The movies made the alien universe seem smaller rather than bigger.

While it's common for people to sell their soul for a couple of dollars there are still some purists that would rather never make another cent than mess with their creation.
For every so many Scott's, Lucas's or Spielberg's there is a Kubrick.

I loved the atmosphere and the mechanics were solid no falling through platfroms as was common at the time but I agree it was repetitive. I would love to see it remade by someone that actually gives a shit but given what Scott is doing these days that is very unlikely.

I hope your butt is ready for the soft reboot of Blade Runner.

It's weird that he's become so involved in the franchise even though he only directed the first movie and then never touched it for years.

Guys…shouldn't we be talking about games?

>>>Holla Forums

I'm not ready, please don't release it.

There aren't any new ones coming out. Alien covenant should have sparked new alien games, but it seems it failed to do that.

Top tier needs this.

I'm worried about you, user

No amount of vaseline will make your butt ready for this.

AvP2 should have its own category. It is Cube:Zero of Alien movies.

This.

Prometheus wasn't "great" but it was an attempt at trying to connect the dots metaphorically between the clues left in the first movie.

And yeah, it's all been abandoned due to Scott freaking out over people responding badly to an admittedly poor execution. I don't think Prometheus was unsalvageable, but it would require another movie to expand upon the idea and not make the same mistakes.

Instead he just scrubbed a bunch of key elements out which not only fuck with Prometheus, which some may not care about, but also critically fuck with the first movie, which is absolute heresy.

why is avp r in mixed and bad?

It's flat-out insulting to the alien franchise all things considered.

It might have been an interesting premise for an entirely different story, but it's basic bitch tier writing for an Alien movie.

I like to shrink each one down to the same size and I had to hunt down missing box arts, is 20-40 minutes a long time to you..

i just saw the new alien movie. It is shit, boring as fuck and actually nothing new.

everything is in a dark theme, 80% of the movie is in a dark scene. The android is the main focus. The movie actually explain how the alliens came to the colony in alines(2)movie. Thats it. There is only 2 or 3 min in the movie that actually shows the happening how things went down, the rest is just about a crew getting fucked by aliens.

and the aliens are cgi as hell.

You drew these, right?
Fucking saved

Given that the next movie will unfold all of that I highly doubt this movie and alien 2 are linked.

let's not pretend blade-runner was a good movie
it was decent, but spectacularly looking

the last few minutes, when the crew continues to their original targget planet they go into deep sleep again. Turns out they got the wrong android on board who puts some alien eggs into the reproduction empyrios box.

I could imagine he could still return to it. Maybe the studios wanted him to do a movie that is a bit more like Aliens to please the big crowds.

I heard that he's been talking that the next movie would happen between Prometheus and Covenant.

Also, this just in: there's going to be a book that tells what happened with Shaw and David between the two movies. I wonder what the movie is going to be about then.

Can't take credit of the underwear picture, sadly. Good idea to draw some xeno lewds, though…

Yes, I watched the movie. There are 2 more movies about david coming up. How do you expect nothing to happen to the crew until then ?
What do you expect to happen ? David to fly off in a shuttle and do experiments elsewhere(with several stolen embryos) just so they can link A:Covenant with Aliens ? That didn't happen with the engineer sitting on the engineer ship deck, why should it happen here ?

of course he needs more exposure for his little gen experminet where he can continue to play god. I was just hoping the movies would go mor eindepth of the origin of aliens and why what kind of threat there was that these weird white folks needed the ayys at all.

on the other hand, in this movie it seems just about the connection to aliens 2, explained in a few minutes. The rest of the movie is just a generic crew in space have problems movie

Did you niggers never watch the director's cut of Aliens? They showed exactly what happened to the colony. Even the theatrical release outright states Burke sent them the co-ordinates of the derelict after Ripley's report.

Just the regular versions. But what is the link ? Clearly they need 2 more movies. Unless you tell me they are doing remakes of the older ones, they still need to fill 2 episodes of content before the events of alien 1 and 2.

The link is Ripley. After Alien things change hands and the knowledge of the signal from LV-426 is buried. When Ripley makes her report Burke starts digging, finds the original file on the signal and sends the coordinates to the colony for them to check. He jewed everyone.

I get the signal part, but to me it seems as though the above user implied these colonists were the same ones from alien 2, which I am not buying.

Oh well, it's still worthy of inspiration, and made me feel like making lewds as well.
And that small alium is really cute.

The colony was owned by fucking WeyYu. I really don't understand why they sent Ripley and the marines, or the instructions to go check it out, when they could've just sent instructions to the colony admins to keep shit stable until a company expedition can be arranged to study the ship there. Maybe Burke wasn't even that evil, just retarded.

Or maybe David does become a major player in the original trilogy as well. Maybe he uploads himself to the internet and sends the instructions for Nostromo to go probe with the ship. That would mean that the actual WeyYu executives genuinely didn't know of the special order or the Derelict, and that would allow Burke to act like the dumbass he was.

Welcome to Ridley's Wild Ride.

Thanks, bae.

Aliens happen more than 50 years after Alien, which in turn seems to happen 18 years after this last movie. The colonists were there for 20 years already when RIpley woke up so no, its not possible.

Incompetence. In a real corporation things change hands often at the top, are mishandled, things that could have been done better are done half-assedly etc. There's nothing here apart from that. Burke probably though he could profit personally from the situation somehow.

maybe timetravle.

Also remember that at that point no one was taking Ripley seriously. Burke had to decide between doing things by the book or being a sneaky faggot and he chose the latter. I don't think he knew in what kind of shit he would find himself into or he wouldn't even have gone with them to the colony.

Wait. Wasn't Wayland Utani at all times trying to get alium samples back to known space ?

not in the first 2 movies lore, I think.

Those removed scenes are Prometheus level of retarded. You don't need a back to back narration of what's happening between Ripley and the colony, it's much more effective to first see the colony in its stage of living death.

On a side note, what niggers should REALLY realize is that Alien's story was inspired by Lovecraft's At the mountain of madness:
- Sailors find an unspeakably ancient vessel of the elder gods.
- An immortal monster from before the age of man is excavated.
- The monster starts corrupting the bodies of the crew, spreading incalculable fear.
- Destruction of the self is the only way out of this madness.
- But the lasting power of evil keeps following you, until it's a battle between man and pure immortal evil stretched thin over absolute void.

These are really the themes of Alien. Not jews having women chased by wolves.

There's a lot of civilians involved and presumably they're required to involve the Colonial Marines. However they obviously don't want them wiping out all specimens, so they purposefully recruit the most novice CO they could find.

The OP is never meant to succeed. They're all expendable, including Burke. They just needed an excuse to have a ship go out there and come back, smuggling eggs/specimens. Burke is just a money hungry idiot. It's extremely doubtful WY were going to let him be the sole surviving witness and pay him whatever ridiculous sum/shares they promised.

The Special Order in Alien states they want it returned and since it seems to be specific the assumption is WY had previous knowledge of the xenomorph.

I agree user, I prefer the theatrical cut, but anons seemed to have missed that it was already explained how the colony got infected.

Yes, the android on the Nostromo asks the company and gets told to bring it back.

Another great sin of Prometheus, is that the David backstory overshadows the message against corporate greed. Turning it into another story of men who want to make themselves God. Reference to Jesus

how pleb are you people?

But parasitic breeding is better than all alternatives.
You go in to hibernation when there's no food around, and only being active and reproduce so long as there is food.

Normal reproduction would lead to overpopulation and food shortages.

Always thought they knew about the signal but nothing else. Even if they did have previous contact with the xeno, how did they know that specific signal was an ancient spaceship carrying them?

It's extremely reliant on hosts. For an inteligent lifeform that would later create civilizations it is terrible.
For a predatory lifeform it is ok.

I haven't seen Covenant so I might be talking about some meme they create in that film, but the original xenomorphs have a good system of reproduction. They're not creating civilizations.
I also only half watched Prometheus due to boredom, so I'm not well versed on Engineers. I think I'll watch it fully tomorrow.

Good joke more like.

God, how good AvP 2 was.
Remember how the marine you played as always screamed in agony once he got attacked?

That game was actually scary.

Okay, a new question. An important question.

Drones. Are they male or female, or something entirely else?

I never said this. Ash gets the order after he's asked the company what to do with the facehugger.

neither tbh, they can make peeps into eggs but they can't make the eggs them selves

Ah yes, it's the other user who assumed that.
It works better if they didn't know about them, I think.

The Alien franchise is like Star Wars in the sense that they just keep cranking out shit in order to milk every penny out of you.

It's better to just block everything after the original trilogy, Resurrection and everything after that is so full of retcons and hilarious garbage.

Alien, Aliens and even Alien 3 felt mysterious. I don't want to know who the "space jockey" is or where the xenomorphs come from, some things are just better left to the imagination. That's how good horror films are created like Jaws, Tremors or The Thing. It's all about the suspense, thriller, sense of urgency and atmosphere.

Everything beyond the trilogy shoves so much shit down your throat it feels forced, and the world feels smaller, not bigger.

Get it here
avpunknown.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1455892050

I'm not sure the Ridley Scott continuity would actually call them "drones", as in insect society. Retards think Aliens is about explosions, when its biggest contribution yet was actually to explain the aliens live in hives.

Drones in bee and ant society are sexless, they are like muscles to the colony. Having reproductive organs on an individual that is not require to gestate, is wasteful.

You know where I can download AvP 1, they made that FOSS right?

I want a PC port of this.

How would humanity survive, if we couldn't leech the life out of all organisms on this planet? Humans might not be parasites, but still dependent on other species.

We learned to breed those, but so could the ayys.

Hudson: "Hey, maybe it's like an ant hive."
Vasquez: "Bees, man. Bees have hives."
Hudson: "You know what I mean. There's, like, one female that runs the whole show."
Bishop: "Yes, the queen."
Hudson: "Yes, the mama. She's badass, man. I mean, big."
Vasquez: "These things ain't ants, estúpido."
Hudson: "I know that."

Steam, GoG, theisozone.

In a biological sense I guess you can say they're giant killer tardigrades, but they're actually closer to being eldritch horrors than anything else.
They remind me of some Lovecraft monsters tbh.

Following on, Ridley explains that David has no respect for Engineers or Humanity and actually have developed a hatred of their species collectively:

archive.is/fsKSm

It's a lot simpler than one would think.

Exactly. If anything they're less dependent on other lifeforms than us.

The first AVP actually sucked.

Yes we depend much like all life from plants to animals depends on others, but we can live off the land as well. The alium cannot. He needs hosts of specific size and with specific characteristics.

???
Parasites are by all means more reliant on other creatures than omnivores like humans or primates.

so David's a fedora wearing school shooter?

Then you're asking for "just another alien movie".

Ridley Scott made this point and he's right, that the xenomorph is no longer "scary" so another horror/suspense movie would be completely redundant. That's why he was trying to take it to the next levcl and flesh out other aspects of the lore.

I disagree with you, I always wanted to know more about the engineers and their relation to the xenomorphs, and I think a lot of people did. Prometheus stumbled a lot in legitimate parts and in others did not spoon feed idiots enough to assuage their insecurities.

But yeah, the xenomorph simply wasn't scary any more, it had been done, the only other way to take it was to elevate the level of horror/suspense, which is what Scott was trying to do. Now he's simply abandoned all of that in favor of a shitty plot shift that does damage to the integrity of the original story.

It was loads better than the second one user
AVP 2 made avp 1 look fucking fantastic in comparison
Also it wasn't so bad by itself, it just wasn't as good as alien or aliens

What does being omnivore have to do with anything? Plants are also lifeforms.

I'm one of the few people who actually played Aliens infestation, that game was sick and the art was great too.

Again about the Lovecraft influence, it was explained the creatures from Antartica were both animal and plant. In Alien this specific notion could be seen in the flower-like opening of the eggs, but more generally it's the bio-mechanical look that suggests you're looking at something that's both animal and machine.

Same with the space jockey, which was a biological creature fused to machinery. All of Giger's work revolve around this idea. Prometheus and even Covenant could have stolen the show with notions like this, but apparently forgot.

Reviewers lament that it's been a waste, to have the engineers world already extinct. But the idea could still be salvaged: the ship might have landed on something which LOOKED dead, but was really a profound abomination of beast machine hybrids, which escaped the notion of living and dead.

It was amazing, it was the closest translation of the alien/aliens movie experience into a game that has been done.

AVP 2 was just ok, too "comic book" for my liking.

AVP2 models look like action figures, colorful with lots of accessories. AVP1 might be rough, but it's still closer to the movies look.

That's a pretty great chart m8 I would say if Prometheus is a 6.5, Alien:Covenant is a 7.5 which is probably too high but fuck it.

Taking Giger's work too literally would just be too much of a departure, you're just swapping out the biological horror of the alien for the biological horror of some other Giger'esque creation, furthermore, a game had already done that, in Darkseed, and it would have just been too weird and "out there" for a sci fi series.

I liked the idea of the Engineers as basically demi-gods with a bad case of nihilism, that's basically what Scott was aiming for with Prometheus, biological horror was done to death with the xenomorph and the entirety of Prometheus served to provide exposition and implicitly show what horrors the engineers were capable of, including the implicitly specific nature of how Xenomorphs are distinct and came into existence in a unique and deliberate way.

The movie also served as a lay-up to a far more encompassing horror narrative, which was supposed to be pursued with Shaw seeking to find the engineers and find out that human beings really had no distinct purpose and quite possibly that the engineers didn't have much love but actually some contempt for them.

It could have then paved the way for perhaps more action oriented movies in the series where the engineers openly try to disseminate means to kill off humans and they fight back in kind.

Alien: Isolation could have been a great game but the Alien completely ruined it.

Covenant is a retcon of Prometheus.

Aliens can't exist on plants. They function only on organic life of adequate size.
Like in Alien:Covenant once they eat everything, they can they go back to hybernation or die. If no life shows up after that for a period of time they remain dormant and over time only the eggs or spores have a chance to survive.
They can't do shit if other lifeforms of adequate size are not around. That is extreme reliance to function.
Omnivores are better in that regard. If no lifeforms are around they can fucntion on plant life. And like monkeys they can be quite active, while the alium will be stuck in a cave hibernating until his jaws fall off.

Possibly yes. But this fits the prometheus theme even better.
David has gods - his makers. His makers have their own makers - even greater gods.
Lesser lifeform is created from his gods and their makers - alium. David experiments on the alium and perfects it, possibly gives them knowledge later on.
In such a scenario david will really be the prometheus from the myths.

They don't eat. Their acid blood is like a battery.

That's so fucking shitty, god I hate what his character has become.

It's a plot twist for people who aren't all that smart who think that's an intelligent bit of irony.

Main problem with AVP 1 was how fast it played.
It was a product of its time, an arena shooter.

AVP 2 put more emphasis on story, scripted events and slow gameplay.

Both games are great either way.

In alium-covenant the planet they land on is completely devoid of all life. The white xeno species is described as extremely aggressive.

What is your point ? That hybernating forever beats other species that are active all the time ? Batteries don't last forever.

Furthermore were you not aware that Prometheus has been completely trashbinned? Scott explicitly stated that the engineers created neither the xeno or the human race.

So he's basically just killed them off in terms of plot relevance and focused on faggot fucking David.

In terms of raw atmosphere that conforms to the original two movies, AVP 1 wins hands down.

Anyone who likes the first AVP movie better the second is crazy. Both are bad movies, but the first AVP is super safe PG-13 bland garbage. The second AVP is so stupid, over the top, and disregarding of conventions that is is very entertaining to watch.

In requiem right off the bat, we get a kid's death, followed up the murdering of a host of bums. Instead of laying eggs, the PredAlien Queen face rapes preggo women and pumps them full of embryos that devour her fetus than bust out. The part that I love most, is the main love interest doesn't die in some tense or dramatic action sequence, she dies suddenly and randomly from a weapon thrown off screen. AVP Requiem is a great bad movie. Fight me.

my point is they're not as dependant on other lifeforms as you make it seem. Or at least that we aren't really less dependant than them.

Who was talking about the movies? All I saw was a discussion about the first two games.

It would have been better if we could have seen more of the main love interests ass
AVP 1 was still a better horror movie

OP's image had ratings of the games and movies, and listed the first AVP movie over the second.

I'm referncing the myth more so than the movie. Except this time Prometheus(David) isn't the creator of humans, but the supposed creator of a species of xenos and their greatest benefactor.

I can't get behind that idea. Parasites are by definition and in all variations dependent on other species. For existing. They can't just go eat something else. They need a living thing that suits their needs.
You can't call a goat more dependent than a parasite just because it needs tons of grass or greens.

Oh, well the AVP movies in general were garbage, so whatever I guess.

AVP 1 may be a better horror movie, but requiem is a more entertaining movie. If someone came up to me and asked me if I wanted to watch AVP 1 I'd look at them weird, but if someone was doing a bad movie night and wanted to watch Requiem I would do that in a heart beat.

god that brings back good memories
Regardless i preferred AVP over aliens:resurrection and Alien 3, but only slightly

but that's what it is, though, even though I can understand why you find the idea weird. An elephant for example has an extremely high upkeep and if the times are bad and food (lifeforms that he has evolved to be able to ingest and digest) are in short supply, he and his kind will face extinction. As soon as an alien bursts out of a victim he ceases needing other lifeforms at least to mantain itself, and he can hibernate almost indefinitely until something shows up.
Every single thing consumes other lifeforms to be able to reproduce. Parasitism is just a non-mutual relationship between species, it doesn't mean that they're more or less dependant on other lifeforms by itself.
The only alternative here for their reproduction that makes them less dependant, without going into more eldritch territory, would be something like autofecundation which is what worms do. The original movie NEEDED the horror brought on by this parasitism, though, or it wouldn't have worked at all.

AVP movies and comics are mostly terrible.
But the AVP games are amazing.

Marine campaign feels like you're reenacting the Aliens movie, with some "If it bleeds we can kill it" Predator moments thrown in. It's a scary survival atmosphere.

Alien campaign gives you a fisheye lense and a unique gameplay, climbing on walls and roofs, into vents and picking off marines with pheromones and the occasional slug fest against a Pred.

Predator campaign feels like you're reenacting the movie. It's great how you can just stand on tree tops, switch vision modes and think about how you're gonna kill your victims. Oh, and moments when you fend off against alien swarms with your wrist blades.

Speaking of alien swarms, you guys should check Alien Swarm Reactive Drop on Steam. It's free.

Alien Swarm doesn't feel close to Aliens because it's isometric, if it wasn't isometric it'd cost money because a detailed first-person view would cost time to make. The aliens in that game aren't scary by design either.

Yes it does. More so than carnivores.

Go get a bunch of friends together and watch a movie called Hood from 2015. Tell me that isn't one of the fun nights you had in ages.

Alien 3 is just legitimately a good movie. It has some flaws, but I'd rate it way higher than any AVP.

I haven't watched any AvP movie or any 8-bit/16-bit Alien game so take it with a grain of salt.

Seems to me that it's just another form of interaction between species and wouldn't be a viable evolutionary strategy if it were like you say.

did you even read the descriptions on the left?
i.e bad low quality products that should only be experienced to see how bad they are
AVP isn't nearly as bad as requiem which is utter horse shit
AVP should be in the middle, its biggest weakness is that its practically pg-13 but that doesn't take away much of the quality

Also the problem with the xeno method is not the parasitism per se, but the fact that it needs more than one creature to complete the cycle. If the adult alien itself could put an embryo inside you then it would make more sense.

Alien Swarm is like a mix of Aliens and Starship Troopers.

It's pretty good fam. It has obvious nods to the Alien franchise, with parasites, eggs and spooky "they're coming out of the goddamn walls" and door welding moments. The turrets also have the same sounds as the movie.

Even the marines seem based on characters from Aliens. Wolfe looks like Drake and Wildcat like Vasquez.

Man, I miss 80's film slogans.

Prometheus deserves a rank up just for enabling this gif

Didn't James Cameron force all the cast in Aliens to read Starship Troopers while filming?

I feel dirty for wanting Killing Floor 2 to try a Marines vs Xenomorphs edition

Don't know, but he did force them to socialize and get to know each other so their acting felt natural when filming.

The cast actually became friends and dicked around off-screen, which helped during the filming because you bought that all the marines knew each other.

Apone was also a real Vietnam vet.

faggot

He's not wrong, though. They'll keep milking this shit until the alien is nothing but a joke.

The peak of the alien hunt was Danny Glover's character, a veteran police sergeant who was a 6'4" badass (even if he was a nigger)

this

Why do people actually like Prometheus (and Alien Covenant) ???

I will give Prometheus this: absolute beautiful visuals and excellent musical score. Scott still can craft a gorgeous alternate world. And Fassbender is great as David.
That's it. Nothing else about this movie is good.
The plot, the writing, the acting (minus Fassbender) all suck ass

Now you get why people call you a muh immershun faggot.

Just because it came out before you were born, that doesn't make it an "arena shooter". (Quake 3 and Unreal Tournament)

This. And the original Alien visual style, that we would probably call 70s/80s retro futurism is better anyway.

I prefer Ahnuld. The best movies he makes are the ones where he barely speaks and this is one of them.

At least with Homunculus they didn't outright brand it as an Alien movie and had the sense to somewhat let it stand as its own thing and avoid the fucking "it's good but not a good [insert better thing] thing" sort of.

Nigger I have played all the horror greats. RE, Silent Hill, Dead Space, Doom…etc
Alien Isolation is a solid game

It was originally speculated that aliens could eat stone and metal, due to the crazy digestive capabilities of acid. But I guess alien retardovenant retconned that as well.

Confirmed for never having played AVP multiplayer.

I want this meme to end. In terms of franchise goodness the Alien franchise is more akin to Terminator: only the first two are good because they compliment each other perfectly, anything else is just a cash grab.

Amnesia in space is a shit game.

Yes, but you did 20 years after they were released. When people talk about Resident Evil 1, they mean the experience of playing Resident Evil 1 in 1996 for the first time.

By comparison you walk by an exhibit of mummies and pretend to know what it's like to live in ancient egypt.

3 is way less of a cash grab. They went against the fanservice and got outrage'd by it. Meanwhile Aliens was literally pitched by Cameron writing the name of the first movie on a whiteboard and then drawing the dollar sign after it.

Back to halfchan, cuck.

tbh that's fucking great way to guarantee a room full of hollyjews will greenlight your movie.

The intention doesn't really matter if the product is good, and Alien 3 is not a good product by any stretch of the imagination.

So what is it, then? Never played it.

AVP 1, not 2 you retard.

AVP 2 is slow-paced and more scripted.

The assembly cut of Alien 3 makes it a better movie, but still not in the direction that most fan would have appreciated.

By the way, looking back I recognize we already had elitist back then, who shilled Alien 3 "because it's closer to the original, than Aliens". Most of them grew into leftists and homosexuals.

Half-chan refugees OUT

Nevermind you're right.

1's multiplayer maps are smaller and multi-storied with differently designed areas with the game going faster, 2 is team-based and slower, 1 even has the grunting from Quake.

Play a runner or a light pred. Then tell me slow it is.

Every AVP game is a product of its time.

AVP on the Atari Jaguar was a Doom clone.
AVP 1999 felt like a fast-paced arena shooter.
AVP 2 made things more "realistic" and story-driven.
AVP 2010 suffered from the same cancerous CoD bullshit that plagued the FPS genre in the 2008~2012 dark ages.

Granted all AVP games are good, including the Arcade beat 'em up. There aren't really any terrible ones. Even AVP 2010 shits all over ACM.

Will any gun in any media will ever sound as satisfying as a pulserifle or smartgun?

He's already down to feelings, because he can't admit he done fucked up. Suck it up kid, or you'll never be a man.

Unless a game was specifically designed to be an arena shooter like Quake 3 and Unreal Tournament, you don't get to call any remotely oldschool fps an arena shooter just because of the speed.

youngin I was playing RE and this shit in highschool

I dun goofed

AVP2 was different because the developer switched from Rebellion to Monolith, it came only a year after 1.

Turok 2 and Perfect Dark have a lot of satisfying weapons.

I played alien 2 shortly after alien 1. There wasnn't that huge of a difference in speed.

In the sound department?

What do you classify this as?

Go get fucked with your strawmen, degenerate. 3's good because it makes it less of a generic popcorn-adventure. Alien is supposed to be a romantic horror story with bittersweet tone.

Have you read the plots what Alien 3 could've been? They are capetier shit where communist and corporate-based human factions set aside their differences to make a big fleet to fight the xenomorphs on their home planet. It was literally saturday morning cartoon tier faggotry.

Saturday morning cartoon tier is still better than edgy, nihilistic "BEING HAPPY IS SOOOOO LAME YOU GUYS REMEMBER TO BE AS SARDONIC AND MISERABLE AS POSSIBLE TO BE COOL" tier.

They had ideas for a heavy cult theme. There was no fleet bullshit. Where do you even pull that off ?

The floating monastery came late in preproduction and was turned into a prison. I am talking about Gibson's script. It's basically same to cold war as Prometheus is to religion. And if you fags want something to really laugh at, go check out Eric Red's script. It was bad enough to make Renny Harlin to reject the director's position.

You aren't helping your case. That movie had around 10 writers writing different scripts for it. Many were bound to be garbage, but the end product wasn't all too impressive either.

kek
That doesn't make it good.

In the meanwhile go read about actual art and what it can do.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romanticism

I think it was quite good ending for the franchise. Every other script, most of the extended universe is unrefined diarrhea. What on earth could've they done to make the franchise justice as a whole?

Do you mean the Gibson script ? That ends on a note of: *we must find and eradicate the aliens* ?
It pretty much continues the theme of alien 2(aliens) but with the aliens being able to infect humans into aliens by means other than facehuggers.
It's not as bad as you make it sound and the *fleet* is mentioned merely as an idea.
+newt lives at least for a while

You're an Aliensfag aren't you? Go suck John Cameron's dick.

It's also worth noting that this is as much as Ripley's story as it is about Xenomorphs. I think half the problem with movies past Alien 3 is that they don't really capture that human element with every single person practically being cannon fodder. The only exception is David which is amusing since he's an android.

Both Alien and Aliens are good at what they do.

You can be a horror purist but it's retarded to deny the impact Aliens had on pop-culture and video games.

I never said Aliens was bad or denied it impact on pop culture, I'm simply saying the whole series doesn't have to imitate it. It's a horror series not an action series and that faggots are acting like nihilism and misery are bad things in the Alien universe is fucking retarded.

Perhaps it's meant you to feel the story from David's perspective. I sure as hell was rooting for him during Prometheus due to everybody else being a total cunt/idiot. Maybe Ridleys Scott is a hidden genius. :^)

Yeah, nobody's denying that. The problems rise when people fail to realize that Aliens was basically the eye of the storm for this franchise and want it to be about badass dudes on a bug hunt. When that kinda shit-tier sentiment starts taking over you get stuff like Blunderkamp preparing to retcon movies that he has no chance of exceeding.

The problem with that is he is ignoring all the great stories that already exist in the books just because he wants to appeal to a wider market.
It's effectively the casualization of the lore on a comparable level to Morrowind / Skyrim.

Let's not pretend you're not retarded.

I got it for free on GoG when they introduced GoG Galaxy.
If not there, then check Share Thread.

This is the fucking gayest, faggiest OP I've seen in years, goddamn.

Just get it from theisozone.

There's the original game, the Gold edition and a Russian collection pack that has AVP 1, 2 and 3.

I would not trade my ability to freely browse ru-net for learning moonrunes or spic in a million years.

Nigga it wasn't a great movie, but at least it was interesting. The weakest part was its ties to the Alien franchise, but other than that it was decent.

Daily reminder that Bill Paxton is the only one who has been killed by an Alien, Predator and Terminator.

checked, if you like bad movies watch robot monster

RIP

How's your sketching going? You did start, didn't you, user?

Seeing this thread at 199 posts triggered my OCD so let me just fix that.

Is AvP2 a scary game? I get spooped incredibly easily and have to complete spooky games in 5-10 minute bursts while listening to pop/dance music.
I picked Marine and finished the first segment, but there's a few spoops and I want to know it if it gets worse than the occasional scream and body being dragged across the screen.

I imagine the other 2 campaigns aren't scary as you're playing the guys that cause the spoops.

i would be happy not knowing this. blade runner is by far one of my favorite movies ever. there was something that you just shouldn't touch.

well, at least they didnt do the whole ghostbusters thing with it, or just remake but with niggers.

It's not a reboot. It clearly has Harrison Ford and everything. Might be shit, but it's a sequel, not a reboot.

Facefugger

Reverse Facefugger cos it's an ugly pussy that fucks you.

In what order should the AvP2 campaigns be played?

Great horror movie, great science fiction movie. 9/10
Great action-horror movie that was very influential on future films and especially video games. 9/10
Good, goofy action movie with a few well-done horror elements. 8/10
Decent, but Arnold's presence is missed and overall just isn't as memorable as the first. 7/10
A very flawed movie with a few redeeming qualities, like its atmosphere and some standout scenes, like the ending. 6/10
A big dumb blockbuster with a very inconsistent tone and bizarre plot. 5/10
A disjointed mess complete with a pussified PG-13 rating. 3/10
Retains most of the theatrical cut's flaws but manages to be more entertaining with the violence unaltered and some neat scenes put back in. 5/10
A total turd that feels totally out of place with both franchises, feels like most shitty, generic horror movies from the 2000's. 2/10
Eh… Forgettable but it's definitely a step in the right direction after Requiem at-least. 6/10
A flawed but-decent movie with a few interesting ideas, has a bit of an identity crisis with how much it wants to be associated with the Alien canon, was originally intended to be a direct prequel and it shows. 7/10
Tries to kiss autistic fanboy's asses after they complained about Prometheus, but doesn't succeed. Thus it retcons most of Prometheus's plot and themes to make a middling prequel to Alien. Still has some good ideas but overall it doesn't really work as either a sequel to Prometheus or a prequel to Alien and muddles up the continuity and lore significantly. 5/10

Alien 3 is a pathetic pile of cancer that tried to redo Alien because they had no idea how to top Aliens or where to go after its resolution. It's a product of total creative bankruptcy with no redeeming qualities. You're a retarded gay nigger for liking it. Probably fat, too.

oh boy

There's one scene in the game where the marines video games aren't scary :-).

Who the fuck let Rob Liefeld make video game sprites?

To be fair, he is a cybord, so maybe they gave him extra armor plating in the chest and neck.

Doesn't really matter. Can't remember when Predator campaign exactly started, but Alien has a good portion happening before the shit hits the fan while the marines arrive naturally after it all. However, I think that Alien campaign goes a bit further than the marine campaign as well. Primal Hunt explains some of the stuff that gets referenced in the main campaigns, which I think should be played merc -> predator -> alien. I think similar order might be good for the main campaign as well as long as you don't mind some chronological jumping. Or you could try playing the first three missions of the Alien and then switch to marines, then switch back to Alien where you left off after you beat the Predator campaign. Think that might make more sense from chronological and story perspective.

I need to reinstall

Fun fact: When making Predator, Jesse Ventura was in the wardrobe department getting measured and fitted when he asked what Arnold's bicep measurement was, and found out he had bigger arms than Mr Olympus.
The following day at the gym before shooting, he bragged and said they should measure biceps.
But Arnie had actually asked the wardrobe department to fudge his bicep measurement so it was one inch smaller than Ventura's. He was actually 3 inches larger.
The Terminator is a troll.

Young Conan sounded fun to be around.

Yep, so they got in a 7 foot tall nignog who played Harry in Harry and the Hendersons.
The original Predator costume was so bad they shot two scenes with it just so they could send the footage back to Fox who gave them the green light to spend the money on a new suit from Stan Winston. The idea of the mandibles came from James Cameron who was on the plane next to Winston when he was sketching ideas and Cameron said "I've always wanted to see something with mandibles".

You sure it wasn't Ron Perlman.

Kevin Peter Hall. He died of Aids he got from a blood transfusion or secret gay sex near an underpass in southeast Los Angeles probably.

I'm sure, I watched a making of the other night. Embed related.

It was a joke because that bigfoot motherfucker has a jutted jaw just like him.

You're a joke.

Serious question about the Alien series and Weyland employees. Are they suppose to come off an incompetent? I remember some of the games seem to support this. One scene particular I just busted out laughing. You know the one. The moment when all shit hits the fan.

I don't know the scene you're talking about. Are you talking about covenant?

Yes, in covenant the scene where The pilot causes an explosion, and everyone is screwed, or the " this happens or there would be no movie" scene. I worded that badly.

The games in the first AvP "classic" had that video intercom where the guy, who is blatantly the same actor in all the campaigns despite taking places on different planets, basically says a few lines here or there that seems to suggest incompetence or too corporate to the point of uselessness, but its been forever since I played it. Also I think they switched out actors in a newer release of the game.

Bureaucracy really fucks everything up, doesn't it.

Indeed it does. I haven't played Isolation yet, but from what I heard, you have employees making gangs and even sudo communities lord of the flies style in less then a few hours?

I take it people actually liked the engineers. They where fun and filled with promise. Covenant really dropped the ball on that one. Then again, AA, or Alien:Awakening is suppose
take place before Covenant. It might explain was there only one planet left of their great empire? Was there only one city? Didn't they have a shit ton of other ships? Why are they all wearing religious robes? Did David do the nuke because he wanted to protect humanity at the time? Did he ever care about humanity? Did all the engineers not like humans, or was it just that one was an asshole? Did anyone pick up that deacon alien at the end of the last movie? Did anyone one get that other albino alien that didn't get shot in the face? Why?!

I think it was heavily implied that they where dying out for one reason or another. At the very least, there should have been more cities and Engies on space ships.

The fuck are you on about? I never even mentioned Covenant. And we're talking about Predator to begin with.

>>>Holla Forums is that'a'way.

I'm actually playing through Isolation now, and how things got fucked so badly so quickly still confuses me. I'm only about a quarter of the way through though.

It seems like people were already smuggling and having inventory go "missing" for a while, and working in groups, so I guess forming gangs isn't so crazy when shit hit the fan since they literally have the space 2nd amendment and guns everywhere.

I just don't get the timeframe. They shut down the station with only a skeleton crew on it, then prevent anyone from leaving cause of the alien or whatever, and it all goes to hell in one week? Whole rooms full of body bags and stacked morgue corpses. I guess the fucked AI and androids and shitty marshal don't help.

Also, fuck me I forgot how bad the voice acting is. I'm actually glad every time an NPC dies.

On top of that the game loses steam after you kick the original alien into space and there's 7 more chapters to go, and Amanda looks like she has autism.

I figured when I saw one of the achievement icons. I mean, it's a pretty classic move!

Really? I thought it'd be the end, like it was chapter 18 or something. Don't tell me it turns into Colonial Marines and I gotta fight WeYu grunts.

No it's just more fuckery about pulling switches and androids to get a signal to pick you and other survivors off the ship but there's an entire hive of aliens in the ship's core.

I was calling Alien Covenant a Joke. In response to you calling someone a joke. Since the movie was a big one. I then asked if Weyland corporation employees being incompetent was an on going joke in the Alien series.
>>>Holla Forums
What? I just wanted to talk about subject of thread, and the lore that influence the games that are based on it. Since the employees go full space cowboy at a drop of a hat, and they might put an Engineer in future games possibly punching or being punched by a predator.

It sounds like the place was shitty from the get go and the alien was being used as an excuse.

You're a joke.

Why does Bill Paxton improve any movie he touches?

I like the engineers as their own thing, but they never should have made the space jockey as the engineer

D-damn.
I did, as a matter of fact. Excuse the ID change.

That whole list is retarded

kill yourself

The Eternal (1) strikes again!

Is Fire and Stone any good? What's it about?

whole thread was completely off-topic

Is that porn?

it's shit

manlet starts at 5'7
There are too many badasses in the 5'8 - 6'0 range

Prometheus and Covenant were both good. Try again.

hahahaha

Why did they never bring the second one to GOG as well? Is there a licensing thing?

Dark Star didn't share the same themes as Alien.

I saw each movie in the theater multiple times. They're also the only Alien movies to get good reviews other than the first two. Sorry, I know how this works, internet fags get their opinions from youtube ecelebs and then repeat them without ever bothering to form their own opinions. Some of the people talking shit about Covenant haven't even seen the movie.

Prometheus was decent. People can't even complain about calling it a bad aliens movie since it didn't even use the name aliens. It really was its own thing. My problem with both movies, and more Covenant then Prometheus, is that the well trained space explorers keep breaking and touching everything you would think they would know not to do. Prometheus, they did several attempts to do everything smart before shit it the fan. I could even get why someone would freak out on one of the first mission missions into space after seeing a dead alien. Despite being specifically told you are going to meet aliens so don't freak out.

Sure, saying "I won't run chicken shit scared when I see it" when you are getting hired but then actually running away in fear can make sense. He might have thought he would have the balls to see a dead alien corpse, but when it was actually in front of him, he goes full coward. The issue was the follow up when the penis alien later kills that same guy because he was sticking his face near it. Even if that wasn't an alien, would it be a good idea to stick your face near any wild animal, especially if it looked like a giant penis snake worm, and then two dumb broads run in a straight line from a rolling giant doughnut instead of turning left. One of who, is a brilliant scientist, and the other one who is the active CEO of a multi billion, if not trillion dollar company.

In Covenant, they do imply several times that the crew isn't all that discipline. Like when the captain orders the crew to not do a funeral, but they do it anyway. A lot of emotional decisions are made, especially considering everyone is a husband and wife pair, because it was a colonizing mission not a rescue mission, but then we get a trained tracker sticking his face on foreign fungus. I completely bought the other guy just randomly steping on the stuff and getting infected, he didn't know what it was, and wasn't trained for it. The tracker though, that was his one job. I guess it should have been a hint that no one even thought to wear some type of environment suit like they did in the previous movie. The less said about the pilot's complete and total freak out the better. I think they even slightly eluded to it, but that was too much bullshit at one moment. So many things went wrong in one moment that it just became comical. Sure, space is a big unknown, and these people didn't fully grasp what that meant, but they won't have, or shouldn't have gotten the B team for a mission that expensive.

Covenant and the first Alien, are pretty similar, but the difference in Alien, the crew was basically a group of space truckers. You could buy the fact they where incompetent in one way or another. They are not scientist at the top of their fields. Not counting robots.

I liked both of the new movies, more Prometheus then Covenant, and they both of have good scenes in them. Covenant though just cross that threashold of bullshit for me.

MAJOR SPOILERS. some spoilered, some not. beware reading

colonial marines and alien isolation were absolute shit games. walking simulators and money grabs. only good thing about isolation was ripley's beautiful character model and her unstoppable ass.

predator 2 was better than predator 1. made you understand the predator more than "just some retard in the jungle roaring"

predator 2 did kick more ass and made more sense.

the predator from number 2 was a newbie out on a right of passage mission. he was the greenie, the grunt. going out to prove himself in "the jungle" for their first mission. that's why SPOILERS the preds were waiting for him to come back. 80's black cop hero chases the pred back all the way to his own ship, very dishonorable for the predator which is why the preds reward the cop with the old pistol because they are basically saying he is a better hunter than the predator they sent out

are you saying the neomorph is weaker, or the xenomorph is weaker? the picture you posted indicated you have no understanding of the difference between the neomorph (white skin), the protomorph (black but more organic looking) and the neomorph (black but with biomechanical features on the outside)

keep in mind, if you watch AVP 1 you notice there were aliens in a frozen pyramid deep under the ice from thousands of years ago. prometheus shows one way that aliens could be accidentally created, and alien: covenant shows one way that they could be created on purpose.

if you think about it, the neomorphs appear to look weaker, but seem to be faster and more sudden and unpredictable. smaller teeth but apparently quicker and stronger bite force. they have the ability to imprint/rationalize more and have a rare chance to not be violent as seen with david. black xenomorphs are slower and more methodical like wolves while the neomorphs are shockingly unpredictable and quick to attack by just running up to people in the middle of the open. neomorphs are the more dangerous bioweapon since they are a faster and more overwhelming threat. also reproduction cycle from start to finish is much faster than the xenomorph. protomorph is slower than neomorph and is born a mini alien, unlike the xenomorph baby that looks like a snake/worm and then runs away and grows.

neomorph is also a better threat because it's born extremely dangerous right from the start.

major spoilers

I saw the movie and it was a pretty good design.

the engineers in promethius are completely different than the engineers seen on the planet. two different spin offs of a similar race.

prometheus and alien covenent weren't perfect by any means, but not anywhere as nearly as bad as indiana jones and the crystal skull. I actually enjoyed prometheus and alien covenant, but not my favorites.

marines are sent as an experiment. ripley is the only intelligent person there. the weyu corporation just wants to see what will happen to them. notice theres always a bunch of other crashed ships around. they aren't ever the first.

AVP1 movie was the best AVP movie.

prometheus not cannon? why should anyone trust what you say?

if true that's seriously cool.

alien isolation is a solid turd that constipates rather than just getting the fuck out.

the movie didn't in any way show that they could NOT do that.

david is both rorschach and dr.manhattan. only david gets what's going on.

major spoilers

they were all fucking retards, (most of them) selected on purpose to fuck up. rich old guy didn't care about living longer and sent himself on the mission to die on purpose. he's got clones anyway.

all androids. david probably knew.

carefully selected retard for the mission. what a coincidence that previous captain is sick for some "mysterious reason" and then dies in a fire because the sleeping pod wont open. what sleeping pod is that flammable, on the inside? it's so the next retard can become captain.

intentional, and money doesn't mean anything to the people who sent them. especially if they can print infinite amounts of it without fear of inflation. see federal globalist banking government cartel and tax/tax/tax/tax/tax/andmoretax/insurance/insurance/insurance/insurance/and moreinsurance/ permanent overwhelming "trickle up".

because? curious. wasn't my favorite.

mostly agreed but fuck off putting Prometheus in utter shit, it's better than everything in average

covenant is shit, agreed

Came to post this

Man I loved that game, couldn't finish it though, the d-pad of my ds was working like ass and it was painful to play.

I think alien covenant was at the very least somewhat better than prometheus. I don't understand why you say that.

doesn't make sense. what was arnies motives?

No no. The fun was before that. When she runs from the baby alium and bashes her head into the walls several times, trips, jumps breaks her leg and continues to cry.

Neither do some of the modern sequels. Dark Star is a direct ancestor of Alien just with comedy instead of horror actually it's strictly speaking the other way around but you get my point.

Literally pleb tier

The only genuinely scary AVP game is the AVP classic marine campaign.

I played Concrete Jungle on the Xbox HUEG and loved the shit out of it. I'd have to emulate if I want to play it again though.

Even Alien 3 is a retcon. The comics (later novels) continued the story of Ripley, Hicks, and Newt for years after the first two movies. Though The stories were somewhat bland, i would rather those than the trash we have now.

Fun fact, they even re-released the novels with the only difference being they renamed the characters. It was so blatant there were still parts with them calling each other by their original names.

Why does everything i love get killed by kikes?

I kept my xbox and this game. I remember when it came out al lot of the "reviewers" shitting on the controls when all they had to do was go in to the menu and change the controls lock to off. Most predator game i remember and I enjoyed the story and where it went out of nowhere.

Have nu-Holla Forums niggers already begun to defend Covenant itt yet?

You forgot Mortal Kombat X

Nope
But they've defended AVP2 requiem and Alien 3
How can you even think that alien 3 is anywhere close to good as Aliens: Ressurection?
Its almost like they're pretending to be retarded

And I'm pretty sure some faggot here thought alien 3 was better than AVP It isnt

Should also be at the top of the list

The arcade game was bretty gud, but it wasn't as good as AVP gold edition
One i fucking loved the LAN parties

The director is the same guy who did Arrival, which wasn't shit.
That's saying a lot in this day and age.

Valhalla welcomes him.

also, anyone know the song?

For the webm you posted? Turbo Killer by Carpenter Brut.

Thanks fam, have another webm.

he cant find a jew dick to put it on

Why's Prometheus not at the very least on Average
Where's Predators gone

Yes that.

Basically the pilot's complete freak out that led to the fucking ship blowing up and getting two peopled directly killed, and indirectly killed everyone. She should not have been on that mission for any reason. That freakout of legendary stupid, she was a fucking pilot. Even if you buy the fact that your own cargo was explosive enough to blow up the entire ship by itself, why would there have been that much there in the first place. She completely screwed up the quarantine process. Although, both of the broads tripping on the blood was funny, it only adds to the stupid. The constant amount of missing and panicking, and wasting time. Basically, without the scene, there wouldn't have been a movie sure, but mind you she had to fail all of those things in a row.

So on top of the extremely low chances anyone even would get the "distress message". you have a series of other unlikely events that had to all happen in the same time frame. It was a Rude Goldberg machine of failures. People seem to have this thing with failure being more "realistic" because its negative, but thats bullshit too. This is all before they even get to David. Which had no way of knowing how any of that would play out. I would imagine even he would have been shaking his head from binoculars even if he did plan on a ship coming for him and the rescue team stepping on one of the mushroom egg things.

In Prometheus, David was actively doing and initiating things that caused all the problems, and any random bullshit that happen was pretty minimum.

but the video games are fun..

How does it feel to be a massive loser?

Go back to Facebook.

Nice one, user.

Getting the head right on these things can be an arse sometimes…

Better.

This. And now david being the alien origin is even worse.

Anyone else here think that the story for the aliens universe is shitter than the story for the AVP universe?
Because even Prometheus didn't fuck up everything nearly as bad as covenant did
Fucking pisses me off, all covenant did was destroy the mystery of the aliens origins and their creations, destroy the idea that aliens can be threatening and completely ruin the alien franchise
Like seriously how does an android with millennia out of date technology destroy the aliens that built the technology in the first place?

Anyway i just watched the shit heap AVP requiem
Its nowhere near as spooky as AVP1 despite avp 1 not being that spooky at all
Also the predator is really inept, he has a fucking shoulder cannon and he can't hit for shit
In both AVP1 and 2 i could play a predator a hundred times better, the predator in the movie is a fucking retard and actually tried to melee a fucking predqueen, (which is still retarded) A combination of a predalien and a queen, both known for being absurdly strong melee-wise
And he also just stood there taking machine gun ammo from a person after he accidentally killed the cheerleader instead of shooting him back
alien vision still allows you to see faggot, it just doesn't highlight humans
If it was predvision on the other hand then maybe he could be excused, but he was hunting aliens
Fucking pisses me off, why the fuck did they send down a scrub to hunt an abomination?
and please don't tell me "because he was in the neighborhood" bullshit
There should be like a dozen predators on a ship if AVP1 or Predator 2 is correct, I can't see how someone so fucking shitty at there job can get their own ship

The alium universe should have ended at aliens 2 or alium 3.
Alium 4, prometheus and david:covenant are like bad fanfiction on top of the series.
After what ridley has done, predator as a setting has more potential, than alium. And yes AvP had a great premise.

it's muh t-trial of the hunt BS pred clans do

But aren't predaliens considered abominations rather than prey?
And need to be killed asap, especially if they're a queen on a populated world that they regularly hunt on?

also make really good trophies tho

A good trophy seems like a shitty reason for hunting alone, or not alerting other predators

You would at least think he would have alerted others seeing as he was already first in the chase and therefor had the highest chance of getting a trophy

you're not thinking like a predator, they're solo k/d fags with op shit

Is that reason enough for him to doom the whole world if he fails?
Then again its AVP requiem, where small arms can kill aliens with ease

Still i hate that fucking scene towards the end with the army getting ambushed
Like seriously how come no one saw them, especially when the alien got between the guy and the car and somehow no one saw him getting killed
And how come the military could last two secs yet the people in the middle of town were mowing them down with non-military weapons?

it's not his world, it's just a hunting grounds very fucking far out of the way for them and they've got lots of them

AVP 2010 was alright.

It wasn't too bad, despite the Cinematic kills the game play wasn't awful
But they made the xenomorphs slow which can be undone and there were horrible network problems
AVP2 and primal hunt were better and so was AVP gold edition

No it wasn't.

Was I suppose to webm this first?

Even Holla Forums doesn't like them anymore. You were never supposed to post em. Not even webmd.

Well shit.
Also, why was Jesus an engineer?

Ridley said that engineers did not necessarily create life on earth but they do seed planets.
And they do occasionally wipe out all life on a planet if it does not develop as they want it to.
But he is a fucking moron and shat on everything he ever did. He has no plan whatsoever and just goes along with online reactions. So whatever.

It was like he was upset at how people reacted at Prometheus and then decided to ruin the xenomorph as revenge

Exactly.

what happened? I still enjoy their drunken ramblings

They liked the force awakens and did a souless review of it.

perhaps I didn't hate them for the review because I know a guy who treated watching that drivel as a religious experience while they approached it with a cool head- Star Wars is a corporate product now. They reviewed it as such.

Their quality had been dropping for a while. The star wars review was just the final nail in the coffin. It was so bad only plebs and cultists liked it.

Not beating around the bush, they've gone way downhill, especially without jess in best of the worst, but nothing they've done since has been as bad as the star whores review

but they did hate Rogue One though, and called it out on the pointless cash grab it was. With Awaken though, they had a lot of problems with it, but just found it enjoyable to watch compared to the prequels. Which wasn't exactly are hard goal to reach. They weren't to keen on the soft reboot it was. Still though, they should have just shit on it.

Then he somehow transports even more alien eggs onto another Alien ship and magically fossilizes an oversized engineer before crashing said ship with no survivors

what if we just assume he's malf as fuck and only thinks he did but really it was something else