Flash Cart Dreams & Fun & Love

I have this Frash Cart for the Super Nintendo and I'm using it right now. I know it's not the best one, but the compatibility is pretty good.
Now, I wonder if there are fun/weird things you can do with it. Like, dunno, modded Gameboy ROMs that work as SNES ROMs.
Or altered ROMS that make Mario be the princess and also have her tits out. That sort of thing.

Probably not, afaik the Super Gameboy had some extra chips to help the SNES out with processing, since the systems are not binary compatible. Though it might depend on how the ROM was modified
Yes, if they were made with the original hardware in mind
If they're some shitty 'only runs on ZSNES / SNES9x' type of hacks, they won't work on actual hardware

I believe that the Super Gameboy was composed primarily of actual GB hardware components, with a special CPU inside to handle processing and the SNES handling GUI, colors and backgrounds.

The Super Game Boy was a Game Boy, just without a screen or buttons. Same internals as the real deal, in cartridge form so it could be read and rendered by the SNES.

While on the topic of SNES flash carts, anyone remember that particular make that some user used to go on about as being really good/having really good game compatibility? I'm pretty sure it wasn't an everdrive, but was something else.

Same as the current retro-bit "console un a cartridge" things, no?

No, it used identical hardware although the clock speeds of the super gameboy are inaccurate. Luckily the super gameboy 2 fixes that.

Sd2snes

Right, thanks.

SD2SNES. It will play almost everything but games using the Super FX and SA1 chips. I feel the timing of the CX4 (MMX 2&3) is a bit off but it's perfectly playable.

Looking into it, it seems pretty pricy, but I suppose when it does as much as it apparently does, they can charge that much. Does make me wonder what the durability/lifespan is like though.

I've been wanting to get one of those, mostly because I wanna play MSU-1 enhanced games, but FUCK that $200 price tag.

Any way to play GBC on the Super Nintend?
I mean, you can play classic GameBoy with the Surer GameBoy, and you can play GameBoy Advance with an adaptor.

Yeah, the prices on flash cards are nuts, you'd think the chinks could crank them out like anything else.

Correct. Iirc there were even unused solder pads inside the cart that let you add a link port.

Fuck Chinese carts. Only buy from Krikzz or StoneAgeGamer (shop in Cleveland that sells kitted-up legit Everdrives and SD2SNES carts).

It's expensive because it uses a FGPA to perform the tasks done by the different enhancement chips used in tons of SNES carts. It's not a bad price to pay considering you can run 99% of the entire SNES library as well as fan translated games.
As for the durability, as long as you get the one made by Krizz (shops like Stone Age Gamer order the Krizz boards and then offer options for the cart case and other bells and whistles) and not the chinese knockoffs, they are very well made. You get your money's worth, especially when you consider the cost of individual game carts in the shitty scalper market.

I'm with , I wouldn't trust chink quality on making them.

I see. Well, I'll consider it in the future. And you're right that pricewise you probably get your money's worth (unless you're big into emulation), considering how some individual SNES games outright surpass that $200 pricetag on their own (I think the likes of Hagane were up to like $400 or $500 last I looked, and that was cart only).

>mfw " Okay… first, is there any way to get into Super Nintendo programming without having to take a full time job and move out to California? :)"

Holy shit, you hardware cucks are pathetic.