Visual Novel Thread

ITT: We talk about VNs we're playing/just finished/interested in.
I re-downloaded Katawa Shoujo for old time's sake recently, just finished Lilly's run. It feels like my heart has been run through a blender, but there's an overwhelming feeling of happiness and satisfaction now that it's finally over. Reminded me of the good old days back when it first came out and everyone was experiencing it for the first time although I see now that Lilly is best girl.
What VNs have you been playing, lads?

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/557860/Azurea_Juncture/
vndb.org/v1143
vn-meido.com/k1/index.php?topic=491.0
vndb.org/v1303
vndb.org/v7738
hentai.cafe/manga/read/metamorphosis/en/0/1/
steamcommunity.com/groups/KSPreAlpha#announcements/detail/126479522901119256
steamcommunity.com/groups/KSPreAlpha/discussions/0/135512931353371081/
tlwiki.org/index.php?title=YU-NO_-_The_Girl_that_Chants_Love_at_the_Edge_of_the_World
mega.nz/#!oB8GjAxS!wG8lWJPunLB3HlkesrZacerINFnsGDPW9jjmbQ_7J4c
anime-sharing.com/forum/hentai-games-38/japanese-[130628[-nitroplus]-kimi-kanojo-kanojo-no-koi-|-君と彼女と彼女の恋。-314473/
mega.nz/#F!lsZUGIYL!NpPQpqjhJ6ykO3G3tE8P1Q
pastebin.com/EaKaJe8V
volafile.org/r/c25qfg5c
igg-games.com/ever-17-the-out-of-infinity-free-download.html
mega.nz/#F!kg9AmYpb!UM6Esl6rJaQPZoh_lOWkvg
mediafire.com/file/44p5yy5x50ng5za/Majikoi English Patch.exe
igg-games.com/maji-de-watashi-ni-koi-shinasai-pc-free-download.html
mofumoe.org/content/maji-de-watashi-ni-koishinasai
majitranslations.wordpress.com/progress/maji-koi-a-3/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

lol that bitch trying to look at the flowers lmao

I can't…unsee that.

I was chugging along nicely with Niizuma Lovely Cation, but then real life problems arose. I'm waiting for shit to die down a bit so I can get comfortable and in the right state of mind before diving back in.

Nono a cute.

I spent the entirety of last year going through VNs that stacked up. Glad I went through Majikoi and Grisaia though, had good times with both.
Got both Shadows Of Pygmalion and World End Economica I think I'll wait on abit longer. Finish the last chapter of Grisaia when that comes out then Nekopara comes out tomorrow so I'll see what that's like. Otherwise I'm trying to finish a few games, getting swamped again.

Also Elfanon as people have dubbed him is doing a running playthrough of this vanilla impregnation elf VN. It's pretty good and is selling well according to the makers site. >>>/hgg/73081

>this vanilla impregnation elf VN. It's pretty good and is selling well according to the makers site. >>>/hgg/73081

Yeah, that shit looks pretty okay. I downloaded it alongside Niizuma and it was a bit of a heavy decision between the two since my nip is complete ass and thus each VN takes me a million years to finish, but my dick eventually demanded the other.

Seems I made the right decision, since now that I'm looking at that thread, the tits are way too big for me. I might just play the loli elf's route only.

I've been surprisngly hooked on the Taimanin games at the moment.

What are you gay. What's your backlog at? I'm almost halfway done with ワガハイ after half a year. It's mediocre.

Thank this fucker for salvaging your template thread, faggot.

B E S T

I only read a single VN at a time. I could blaze through tons of them in English, but what the fuck is the point of that?

I know this feel, painfully well. Took me about a year to finish Tsuushinbo, and that was pretty easy reading. Didn't help I lost interest in it a bit more than halfway through.

Yes user, I'm very grateful someone posted about VNs in a VN thread. Thanks for reminding me that they posted VNs in a VN thread and that I should be thankful they posted VNs in a VN thread.

Yeah, you're totally not a baiting piece of shit. No sir.

I finished fate/stay night a few days ago. yes i am slowpoke i know. is it worth playing the Rin and Sakura routes

Rin ehhh, Sakura yes. Because you get to seem more of Rider in Sakura's route.

*see

UBW is the best part of the VN. HF is pretty shit, but you should do it anyway.

You are dumb in so many ways.

Continue on, faggot. UBW and Heaven's Feel are both infinitely better than Saber's shit route. Heaven's Feel, in particular, is quite a wild ride.

pic related

What are some VNs whose villains have Complex Motives?

fuck off with your autistic garbage

This is the best VN ever made

999 series and Danganronpa both have villains that use overly-complex methods to get results.

Just remember kids, never buy from Sekai Project. Ever. They're the reason the fan translation scene is dead

For once OP isn't a faggot

been going through my old stuff on my PC, and I noticed I still had Shuffle (I finished Nerine's route way back when) and I also something called "Cho Dengeki Stryker" (I know there's a crappy all ages version and a 18+ version which I got)
How shit is the latter?

said it best, if nothing else HF/Sakura's route is required if you ever plan to start Hollow Atraxia

How can one man be so gay

nigger I just posted the first result from google images

Hope you played the Realta nua version with updated translation and uncensored HCG

If I remember correctly, the purple haired one there, Saki dopes your food, nails you to a chair and kills you with a chainsaw. Yuumi the christmas cake teacher stabs and kills you then eats the body. And Maika the wallflower being bullied is such a hardcore masochist, she goes from having public sex to slicing her guts out onto you then opening your stomach as well.
It's a snuff VN to be honest. I'd rather play Yume Miru again.

Have noticed a lack of fan translations lately. Majikoi A series is going strong though.

Sekai sent cease and desists all over the joint, but then all their "official" translations are slow as fuck. I'm pretty sure they're in the red, but the damage is done. They're the worst people.
Also Yume Miru Kusuri will forever be my favorite VN because it hits hard

(check 'em)
Took the words right out of my mouth,
I prefer my waifu to not be crippled sassy children as opposed to mommy gf onee-san types thank you very much.
but I respect your shit taste

(checked)
Out of all the routes Aeka's is the one that really stuck to me years later to this day. (growing up in high school certainly helped connect more)
>that one scene where she bites into your shoulder

Right on, brother. There is no such thing like any body part being disturbingly out of proportion.

Look I get that compulsion a man may have for Lilly. She's easily my 3rd favorite. I've always been torn between Emi and Hanako, but I understand your Lily compulsion. I can at least respect that you didn't say Rin or Shizune.

Mizuki's did the same for me. It's what made me start to turn my life around and one of the biggest reasons I was always striving and stoked to be a Dad.

Suit yourself vanillafag
Also

Completely agree, brother. Tits can be large, but once it starts to get out of proportion I nope the fuck out of there.

Most of the fan translation scene deserves death. The only unfortunate thing is that some of them end up getting paid to be hacks instead of doing it for free.

I'VE BEEN WARNING YOU FUCKERS SINCE TWO THOUSAND FUCKING THIRTEEN NOT TO FUCKING GIVE JEWKAI PROJECT YOUR SHEKELS BUT YOU FAGS DIDN'T LISTEN
You deserve this

funny cause their translation are the ones which the official releases end up using
This was the case for almost every fucking VN, to name a few

I have been doing the same bud, would never buy anything of theirs.
I was there when they announced their shit, and I opposed them ever since.

Plenty of good souls in there. But by and large they're cancerous faggots looking for shekels or e-cred.

Whats the story here? Some jounralist exposing corruption, or these guys just fucking around because they have guns?

I mean the paid scene are cancerous faggots. The fan scene, while sometimes poor quality, is usually really friendly and nice folks.

I couldn't force myself to be sympathetic to her, me being raised as a poorfag. What was more to her situation than first world problems of filthy rich kids? She was an emotional high junkie on the hunt for any thrill, satisfied as long as the next one was stronger than the previous. I don't think that maternity is the cure for crazy either. She would return to her wayward behavior sooner or later.

The high school president route was basically dicking the degenracy out of a spoil brat, something Holla Forums would totally cream themselves over
Nekoko and Aeka's routes are infinitely better

Yeah, that's what I said.

I don't think anyone at Fuwanovel has ever put out a translation that hasn't been total shit. Assuming they get past the "recruiting translators" stage of the project in the first place.

I dunno man it resonated with me. Hers wasn't "I'm rich and I can do anything I want first world problems", I didn't take it like that at all. It's that kind of feeling where you don't know why you keep getting up the every morning because you have no purpose. Like you don't have a reason to go on living because if you're just going to do the same shit every day why bother.
Nah mate that wasn't it, she wasn't looking for bigger and bigger highs, but looking for a reason to go on for tomorrow. That's why her ending has the pregnancy and the relationship with MC, because it means for the first time in ages she has a reason to wake up tomorrow.

Look buddy I can understand the compulsion to like being the guy who fixes the broken soul that is Aeka, it's fine if you wanna do that shit. But Nekoko is a poor man's Mizuki.

I mean, has Sekai? They hired Ixrec, who has no understanding of prose at all.

>Not learning to remember those you've met and to cherish such memories, even if they're painful like Lucy/Reverie/Nagisa/any other heroine that dies.

2/10, lousy bait,

Mizuki's route came a close 2nd to me, was the first route I tried before Aeka and both endings fucked my shit up a little (especially that "normal" end)
her smoking inside the school was bit retarded (the whole erotic asphyxiation thing also made me raise an eyebrow but eh I guess rich girls are gonna do some weird shit?) i'd be lying if I said I didn't fap to her.

If played out to the normal ending you could say she got karma'd albeit tragically. As for why she did half the shit she did, I think it's more like Requiem for a Dream; much like the cat loli she too wanted to escape to some other world beyond her own except unlike the cat loli her reasons are more selfish as opposed to finding some fantasy fairy shit.

for whatever reason that doesn't surprise me

You're a good man.

I'm amazed so many people managed to miss the point of her route

Is monobeno good? apart from the smugs

No, but I could argue Sekai has hardly done any translations of their own in the first place. They've bought out so many fan translators at this point. I'm just saying it's not breaking my heart to see Sekai screwing over Fuwanovel. If only there was someone to screw over Sekai.

He doesn't even know Japanese.

I mean I don't give half a fuck about Fuwanovel, but the point about them extends to the fan translation community as a whole.
Sekai bought out the team behind LB!EX which was 98% done, and they've sat on it for over 2 years.

Who besides a retard would seek a purpose for living in snorting cocaine? I'd rather read classical philosophy, learn meditation, maybe see some of the world firsthand, without a paid guide to dictate your route?

I'm an entry level weeb. I've played and enjoyed Katawa Shoujo, Euphoria, Saya no Uta, Unteralterbach, Duo Rondo, and whatever that Holla Forums game was where you ended up in a magic house on an island with a talking plant girl that yelled "AND THE NUCLEAR FAGGOT EXPLODED AND EVERYONE DIED!". I've tried playing The Devil's G-String and some game where you were some delinquent chick who was part of powerful gang and just came back to town, and while both of those were entertaining at first, I quit midway through in each. I have something on my computer I forgot about called The Greatest Inventions of the Sexy Era. Any recommendations, preferably things that don't have art that is a blasphemy to the human anatomy?

If they're not shitty flowers than she can at least smell what direction they're in, right?

Why not just screencap the game?

Ya still don't get it ya idiot

Teenagers.

Do you know japanese? It's not gonna be translated any time soon

Ok only chance to find such thing is here.
I watched it and it was shit, but not absolute shit. I liked how protag was supposed to use info before he died after he turned time.
Is there any VN that has some similar mechanics, where you play as such person? I mean something like proper RPG quest that have multiple outcomes so you retry it until you get best ending.
Damn I miss times where RPGs made me replay quests to see all outcomes.
Preferably with it being much closer to puzzle instead of story progression. So in second playthrough you might not die at all.

Who besides a retard would seek a purpose for living in snorting cocaine?

Should've looked that up before asking

Forgot the >
Probably time for bed.

I answered you the last time you asked, dammit. It's great if you like rural Japanese settings and youkai. It's very long so get something to drink.

And Subashitty's translation got bought by the Japanese publisher so it could get postponed into oblivion. If you want me to concede that Sekai is worse than your average fan translator then I will, but not by virtue of the fan translators being worth anything.

I might as well get an adventure book and not strain my eyes as much.

You. I like you.

If this is about her stressing about being the student president I got that but did it have to get to a point where she start snorting coke and asking to be choked out? it's not like an actual poltical job she's just president of the fucking high school.

I'm not saying I don't see her point, i just don't think it's a good one imo. Granted cat loli's isn't any better but at least her reason was to just not be so insecure thus her identity crisis.
mizuki's felt selfish at worst, were it not for the MC's sister & her getting pregnant I don't think she'd have even learned anything.

Tell me why. "Enlighten" me I legit want to hear this

You know the name? I'm interested

You fags should check out OMGWTFOTL and Yandere: I Love You So I Want to Kill You

holy shit this post reeks of reddit/tumblr so much
hang yourself autist

If I could recall the name I'd skip the description and just list it. It's free, but you can also give them shekels on steam.

Thanks user. Might not exactly be what I wanted but I am intrigued enough to check it out anyways.

Azurea Juncture. I remember reading about it on 8/a/ when the dev posted on there.

Is it this?
store.steampowered.com/app/557860/Azurea_Juncture/

Okay

Not touching that with a 10 foot pole because the end of that pole will become smeared in shit.

Not a bad one if you don't mind the horror vibes.

Favourite among certain people for some reason.

Animated yuri! With dicks…

I swear I'll get around to it. Probably next year at this rate.

Top of my list, Majikoi. Simple as that.
Slice of life, good characters and seiyuus, really funny in certain places. Like Wanko here they trained her using a dog instruction manual and she comes when you blow a dog whistle.
"I don't wanna take the test. I'm outta here!" Runs away but Yamato blows the whistle and Wanko returns rejected.
Even got a link for you.
vndb.org/v1143
vn-meido.com/k1/index.php?topic=491.0

holy shit this post reeks so much of a gorefag
hang yourself autist
See? I can do it too.

You can turn it off if it's a problem. I went in expecting shock value like that, and I got it as well as good story.
I think the horror vibes and jarring soundtrack make a good contrast for the soothing scenes, making them more effective. Having to deal with hard makes the soft softer. Same with Euphoria, though reaching the soft takes much longer.

No idea my man, I'd like to know as well.

That isn't it bud. It's an uncertainty about life. Geobbels felt the same thing. It's nothing to do with stress or regret or anything. It's the feeling that you've got nothing going on in life and you've got no purpose to live for.
Probably because she would have killed herself. That's why she was willing to act so dangerous, because she genuinely didn't see a reason to live anyway.

It didn't have to be cocaine. It could have been anything thrilling or giving one a sense of actually living life, it just happened to be "gambling and cocaine" because she had the means to do so. She felt like a tourist in other peoples lives, always visiting never actually finding home. So she fucked around because even if she died, her life had no purpose to begin with.
Haven't you ever felt like that in your life? Haven't you ever wondered why you get up in the morning, why you keep living another day? In the end it was family and people who cared for her and she cared about that broke that way of thinking, but it's a dark place man.

My googlefu lead me to some leddit thread, the comments said the guys are all in the military and are fucking with a decommissioned vehicle.

Sounds like you just described Steins Gate. Jumping around times lines and doing stuff to fix/move onto the next one. Ever17 is kinda like that, is that the accident is shrouded in mystery and through the various paths the characters will understand what happened. Same with Remember11.

Uh, GalGun Double Peace? You basically have to go over again if you want the best endings. There's also Recettear where you'll probably fail a few times before you sell stuff at way inflated prices.

Does Higurashi count? Hmm.

I'm saying that though the quality is equally shitty, at least fan translation doesn't try to present itself as a legitimate business and savior of the scene.

What are some of the more obscure translated horror VNs?
I've gone through Saya No Uta and need another dose.

That Yandere one is translated if you want fucked up.
vndb.org/v1303
I'm not much into horror but Kara no Shoujo and Swan Song have been mentioned to me before. Higurashi is also bloody at points as well.

Well shit. yeah it really can be a dark place.

Eh, I still think she could've emoted that a little more better and clearly but at least now I understand it more.
Damn good fucking answer overall, I'm not even mad I'm actually impressed user

It's fucking entry level user. Go read Euphoria next.

that's good and all but prez did have the best h-scenes out of all the other heroines
so there you go

Are you dyslexic or something? I was clearly mocking that fag
And also, did that fourth wall breaking VN with that yandere ever get translated?
I forgot the name to that one

Replied to the wrong user, and so did you when trying to reply to him.
meant for

It didnt.

Kimi to Kanojo to Kanojo no Koi?
Unfortunately not.
vndb.org/v7738

found it
vndb.org/v7738
I remember somebody did subtitle the fourth wall breaking scene on youtube

Kimi to Kanojo to Kanojo no Koi.

Jesus christ, how terrifying.

She crashes out your games as well I think. If you wait 10 years before starting it up again she'll say this.

There's a reason you don't dick crazy, despite how freak;y good they are at it.

I think a lot of them would like to if they could get away with it. That's why there are so many of them agreeing to partner with Sekai. Then there's people like that fag trying to get Patreon bux translating PC98 games with his elementary Japanese ability. If you've ever tried criticizing someone like Ixrec to his face you'd see just how highly they tend to think of themselves too.

This has NTR in it, just FYI.

Holy shit
Such a shame this still hasn't been translated

Where do you think we are?
Like that's gonna bother me

Jesus christ, how terrifying.

Hold up, I know nothing about this game. What's this about smashing legs?

Basically it plays out like a standard VN. Miyuki is happy that you choose her and there's no problems. But once you go with Aoi, she starts sabotaging that path and in the end she goes yandere and murders her, because YOU the player promised her eternal love but then cheated on her.

I think YMK is kinda like that, it's a great VN but the routes only get really good if you've been where the heroines have been. People dealing with bullying really enjoy Aeka's route, people dealing with feelings of isolation go with Nekoko's and people like I explained enjoy Mizukis.

Damn skippy

I view it as similar to the paid mods situation. Plenty of them would, but they should be shamed

Wait so let me get this straight, is Aoi a route that occurs after you get with Miyuki? Or are they seperate and this occurs after a route with Miyuki.

Basically, you play as a guy called Shinichi, who has a female childhood friend called Miyuki (dark haired heroine) who obviously kinda-sorta has a crush on him. Shinichi then suddenly meets Aoi, the pink-haired heroine and the three become friends. Aoi has this weird habit of talking of real life as if it was an eroge, dropping ominous lines like "you can just reload if you mess up" and so on. She also has a cellphone and claims she can talk to "God" through it. I believe she also looks strangely like a heroine from an eroge that's famous around school, or something along those lines.
Anyway, eventually Shinichi and Miyuki become a couple and start dating. You also engage in a few H scenes and you get the usual happily ever after ending with her. Then you start a new game. The thing is, you can't quite seem to be able to get onto the Aoi route, and every time you try, you just end back up with Miyuki. The second and third and nth time you sleep with Miyuki via the same H scene, she starts saying creepy things like "just like last time, right?" and "love lasts forever" and such.
So after looping with Miyuki a few times I managed to eventually get onto Aoi's route. I don't remember how, it's been a while. So then Shinichi and Aoi also hook up, have sex, etc. Later on you catch Aoi cheating on you with another guy (there's a bit more to this but IIRC it's not that important from the whole plot's perspective). So it turns out Aoi is a H-scene collector entity created by God, and since that's her reason for living, she has to sleep with as many characters as possible in order to keep on living. This is how the game justifies the NTR. Basically you, Aoi and the other guy have a threesome, but it's only so Aoi won't disappear. Something like that. This part of the game is a bit hazy for me.
And this is where things get weird. Turns out the entire time you were having sex with Aoi, Miyuki was under the bed, being all creepy and yandere. So she basically grabs her baseball bat, murders Aoi's cat, then kills her as well. She, of course, kills Shinichi as well. As Shinichi's vision goes all red on the brink of death, you still hear her talking on the cellphone to "God". Note that this is the Aoi route we're on right now, after starting a new game. So Miyuki's route technically didn't happen in the game world, right?

Well… not quite. And this is where things get even weirder. This is where the most memorable scene in the game happens, the one that's subbed on Youtube. Miyuki seemingly accuses Shinichi of cheating on her even though he had already pledged eternal love to her before. But like I said, this is the Aoi route after a new game is started, so none of that Miyuki stuff happened in this playthrough. As such, Shinichi is confused as all hell. Then Miyuki pretty much just looks straight at the camera (staring right into your - the player's - eyes) and says. "I'm talking to YOU." Aka you, the player.
So the twist is that Miyuki became self-aware as a VN heroine and pretty much snapped because you, as a player, decided to unlock the Aoi route after clearing hers, which in her mind counts as cheating. So here she decides to rewrite the entire eroge. The game at this point crashes to desktop and restarts, but now with a different interface written by Miyuki. The moment you try going in the options menu to change anything, she just laughs and says it's no use. When you look into your save folder it's all empty, because she deleted all of your saves (for real, so make backups if necessary).
So basically you're trapped in an eternal loop with yandere Miyuki who's pissed as hell at you, the player, for betraying her. A lot more happens here but the gist of it is that Miyuki fell in love not with Shinichi but you, the player. She also shows you potential futures with herself being either dead or unhappy with her life without Shinichi: the point the game's making here is that it's cruel and selfish for the eroge genre to say that heroines can only find true happiness if the MC chooses them on their individual route. This is basically a deconstruction/commentary on the dating sim/VN genre in general, and the "what happens to the other heroines if you don't pursue their routes" question. The entire thing is pretty meta and forces the player to really reconsider what he's doing when he's unlocking routes left and right.
In any case, you eventually do escape. Since the entire world is now rewritten by Miyuki, your only chance to escape is to use something that is OUTSIDE the game world. Aka the real world. So here you use the special serial code that came with the game's packaging to do some calculations and figure out God's phone number. The end result is that you need to choose between Miyuki and Aoi for good. The other heroine will be destroyed. The one you choose, you get a happy end with. Credits roll. So basically you either forgive Miyuki despite all that she did and try to understand her feelings, or just go for Aoi. Once again, the point is that choices have heavy consequences and you should be man enough to be able to live with them. It's also implied that even if you start a new game, you won't get the exact same heroine as last time since it's a new install.

Uhh, yeah. Bit of a synopsis

What happens if you tell Miyuki you love her in the scene of the video, after she breaks "your" limbs?

Ho—ly shit. That's quite the plot. I don't suppose there's a subbed version of the good endings?

Probably just ends the route there I think because that's what she wanted all along.

Oh yeah, and what did you mean by

Unfortunately not. Seems only that one scene was subbed.

Katawa shoujo is the worst weebshit i've ever seen.
The writing is so tryhard you can see it sweat.
The saddest part is that for some reason autistic manchildren like it and just keep posting about it.

Whatever you say, false flagger. Have a free (You).

Noticed this late. Well shit.
Time to stop breathing, that will show them!

I think you know where your post belongs friend

You're now breathing manually
You brought this on yourself.

Why is Hanako so adorable

Why does the guy on the bottom left look like r63 Haruhi? Is his handicap being unaware that he is god?

I want to cuddle with her.
And lick her scars when we make love.

He has a mental disability: constant deja-vus

I dunno. He probably thinks he's pretty.

God I hated Rin.
I mean I get what they were going for with her, but she felt so annoying. And she wasn't mad cute like Hanako or Emi.

What? Lelouche of the Rebellion? He's a canon character who was pivotal to the plot.

It's too fucking bad what happened to the creator. I'd personally love to see another game like this, perhaps even better if he can get people working with him on it.

There seriously isn't enough western loli VN's for my tastes.

Is it true that he only got away with it because the game contained so much political commentary that Germany was desperate to ignore?

Katawa Shoujo is the only game I've ever played that almost made me cry. The fucking airport scene with Lilly

That really was great. Hisao wants to tell Lilly that he wants her to stay, but in his desperation to try and find her, he suffers a heart attack. He wakes up thinking she's gone then you hear the music box and eventually see her. He stupidly asks why are you crying and she responds that he's an idiot and she actually heard Hisao collapse when he shouted for her and got worried because he was in danger but she didn't know where he was.

That shit was great

What happened to him? Was he party vanned?

The game is actually a 3-man project (if memory serves me right), but only one guy was "responsible" for the game.

I read somewhere that he got into some trouble over it, but it didn't go anywhere and he got off scott free. After that he's laying low and won't make any more games like UAB again.

I preferred the moment where Emi tries to break up with Hisao on the rooftop but he says he loves her and she breaks down because she was scared of losing another significant man in her life

I liked the part where you cheat on your deaf girlfriend with her best friend.

Speaking of Katawa Shoujo, what's this I'm hearing about an alpha version with a not shit Shizune route?

There's an early version of the game that got leaked that is mostly complete, but is missing a lot of animations and I think crashes without a patch. It'd be nothing were it not for the fact that Hanako and Shizune's routes were completely rewritten for the final. Hanako's route was based much more on Higurashi, and I forgot what the story is for Shizune's route (different writer?). The general consensus is that Hanako's route was a neeeded improvement, but Shizune's could've definitely been salvaged rather than scrapped. Either way, Four Leaf Studios doesn't like talking about it (disgruntled writer?).

>Hanako was bipolar and got Hisao killed in two of three outcomes, and the good outcome required aborting another route halfway through.
>Shizune (or was it Misha?) was secretly suicidal and her route's had actual choices if I recall correctly, the characters were better written, but she got hospitalized at the end and it was up to chance on whether who pulled through or not.

I asked for an obscure one because everyone knows about SnU, genius.

DID YOU FUCKERS FORGET ABOUT KS ALPHA REPAIR?

What happened to her dress? I remember it being more entirely yellow instead of having those purple parts.

It's a very conflicting shade of purple

I remember when this came out and I still haven't played it.
I'm honestly bored of everything that I have right now, so I'll definitely get it.

The only VN that I played before was Galaxy Angel and I guess it wasn't that bad, so surely this one will not disappoint.

Rider best girl.

Try Symphonic Rain and ef - fairy tale of the two
Try Kara no Shoujo and Swan Song
Stay away from Sharin no Kuri as it is done by the same company, in the same style and in the same structure.

Aside from those, there's the entry level VNs like Yume Miru Kusuri and Planetarian. There's also Clannad, but that one has the eyes; the fucking eyes, man. Clannad also starts slow but the second half more than makes up for the slow start.

Check out Cross Channel.

Yeah, thinking about it now, I can understand WHY things changed. Not only were the original game mechanics (route-switching and random chance) obtuse for what they were going for, but they really wanted to make sure the girls only had physical disabilities rather than mental ones.

Also, in Shizune's route, instead of the option of taking advantage of a depressed Misha, you could've taken advantage of a drunken Yuuko. Doesn't seem this part was finished, though.

Just like real life.

I've got that in my backlog and it looks interesting but I've never been motivated enough to start it. Is it good?

Fun romance and great music. Characters are good and fairly well fleshed out. Story's pretty good. I'd say it isn't amazing, but it's good and unlike most VNs out there, Symphonic Rain doesn't really have any flaws; AKA solid in every aspect.

Name a better girl.

You fucking can't.

Are there any VNs that are just visual novels and not blatant pornography?
While I came to KS for the porn, I stayed for the feels.

Fantastic.

Not even a challenge.

Katawa Shoujo wouldn't really be porn. From what I remember you could even turn off adult content.
You would need to find someone who played more VNs for more. After all this is genre where not having sexual content is tagged.

Well, since it was just mentioned, Symphonic Rain doesn't have any sexual content at all.

Don't do this.

You are lucky you only cried, i wasnt able to masturbate for 3 weeks

video games

though not a VN, but pic related had a similar effect on me

fuck off impotent cuck

Name? Reverse search brings up nothing.

spotted the redditfag

since I'm feeling generous today, I'll spoonfeed your faggot ass
hentai.cafe/manga/read/metamorphosis/en/0/1/

Illiterate bastard.

delusional impotent weeaboo

Welp, someone is killing himself tonight.

Thanks m8.

Katawa Shoujo was surprisingly good.

Sengoku Rance is probably the best VN I've played to date, although to be fair it also has 2D tiddies and turn based RPG gameplay.

Hoshizora no Memoria English
Try it, fags.

I never fucking mentioned shakespeare, you analphabetical mongoloid.
Nobody in their right mind would assume that an entertainment product created by a team of professional workers as a means to make a profit would be on the same level of poetic or artistic beauty as the works of the greatest minds of mankind. But that doesn't mean that I can entertain my mind with simple pleasures from time ti time.
I pitty those who are unable to see the beauty of a simple chair, just because they know the name of a man who sits on a throne.
To quote Goethe:
I’ve no more hospitality to show,
The door’s open, you can go.
Or in the original supperior German version:
which would more directly be translated as:
If you have trouble understanding: Git out.

but I'm not wrong
Should've used autist instead of weeb
I like VNs as much as the next japanophile but broadly proclaiming the writing and storytelling in VNs to be the best of literacy works is kinda stretching
and also, only SJWs find fault with eroges and general sex scenes in VNs
at least it keeps the normalfags away from the VN scene

You're not even trying

I've played this one
The incest with imouto route is the best

But you're the one who's not okay with sex scenes in VNs
Not me

A) Nobody claimed that VNs are the best of literature.
B) Nobody claimed that porn in VNs is bad.
C)You are a fag.

explain this

I mean it explains itself you illiterate faggot

Isn't she retarded?

help it's not working wat do

Looked it up, and it disclaims itself as an "unfinished, unpolished and unstable work." Is it really worth it?

what a waste of dubs

though I can see how the yelling can put others off

Don't the steam versions come with no nudity?
Or are these the adult versions

I think I'm about to vomit.

Sekai are cancer

stop posting faggot

It's been completed, you dolt
steamcommunity.com/groups/KSPreAlpha#announcements/detail/126479522901119256

you first, impotent cunt

Changelog sucks, and the guy doing it seems like he barely knows English.

That doesn't mean the thing you think it means faggot. I get that you're trying your best to keep up appearances now that your shitposting has been called out, but its an anonymous imageboard. Nobody is going to judge you for leaving. You just werent cut out for it, I'd say try reddit. Seems more your speed

Oh wow. This is intense autism. Like, almost facebook or KC/int/ tier.

we can see clearly who's discussing VNs and who's busy shitposting

Like I give a fuck you're probably the other mouth breather's bottom bitch

he claims the whole thing has been QCd, though
steamcommunity.com/groups/KSPreAlpha/discussions/0/135512931353371081/
the only thing that's truly missing is are CGs during H-Scenes and possibly major events during the routes.
Guess I'll have to play it myself to see how it is

source? I've made an attempt and gotten nowhere

Yes, but they can be fairly easily patched if you want to. I wonder how many steam users do so.

I won't deny that, but MG really set off the whole Steam shitshow. Go Go Nippon is still their best selling Steam title, and I can't imagine sales for anything directly from their site have ever come close to it.

Eh, honestly though, most of the changes were for the best. They mainly should have just revised what they had with Shizune rather than basically start from scratch. This dude (is it you?) only "restored" what's obviously an unpolished rough draft, not really improving upon it, it seems.

What's bad about it?

I haven't looked yet.

I see.
Dare I ask for a synopsis?

also some tags are missing from there
there's also incest

I thought all he made was the Agrias one and the cultural anthropology one. What else is there?

I think I kinda know what happens in Metamorphosis if that's the one I think it is.

Do yourself a favor by not spoiler yourself and get into it beforehand if your wanna fully feel a roller coaster of emotions

Never heard of it.
Oh god. Cuckolding has reached Nippon?!

Damn, man. Netorare is old as shit. There are eroge from the early 90's that have it.

what's more funny is that they've also discovered the method of uncucking yourself

Pic related. Just started it and am liking it so far.

This is why AI is a really fucking bad idea.

Great game. I especially love how you overcome Nyarlathotep's deceptions by becoming a lolicon.

I've never "played" a visual novel in my life. Is Tsukihime any good? Would anyone happen to have a download for it with a proper translation?

Nigs, the point is to never give crazy a reason to kill you. She's literally perfect, so why try to break her heart? Honestly, you deserve to die. I know if my bf left me for some cheap whore, he'd wake up disembowled. YOU'RE NOT SUPPPSE TO BETRAY LOVE, HOW IS THIS DIFFICULT TO UNDERSTAND?

Tsukihime is your best start user. You will initially hate Ciel the first time round till you do her stuff properly

So on other VNs that aren't Katawa, I've been playing through Yu-No. Apparently it's been censored with every re-release in some way, but the PC version's fan-translation restores all the content back to the original PC-98 release. Recommend playing it with the music restoration patch as well, and the patch that adds in the Saturn voices also adds character to the game even though you can tell when lines were removed. There was a recent remake that sold well for PlayStation 4/Vita, but I have no idea if it's any good (probably not, since the creator and composer are both dead). An official English localization most likely isn't in the cards.
tlwiki.org/index.php?title=YU-NO_-_The_Girl_that_Chants_Love_at_the_Edge_of_the_World

Can you do Aoi's route first or does the game railroad you to Miyuki on the first playthrough?

whoa, a VN thread!
I'm almost done with Higurashi and it's been fucking great. Every chapter is a rollercoaster, and with voices and 1080p res from the github patches, I couldn't ask for anything else.

Link to 1-5 with voices, btw mega.nz/#!oB8GjAxS!wG8lWJPunLB3HlkesrZacerINFnsGDPW9jjmbQ_7J4c

After I finish chapter 5, I'm planning on playing through Steins;Gate, and then maybe Rewrite.

If anyone has any suggestions for some good mystery VNs, please tell.

Oh, I forgot to mention, Yu-No's a mystery that also involves parallel universes. It's supposed to be one of the Japanese classics. Just started it.

I'd suggest Saya no Uta. It's probably the best visual novel that I've played, though there aren't too many choices.

Sounds interesting, but it looks somewhat dated. I might check it out at one point.

With Chaos;Child announced for a localization, I'm looking to play through the fan-translation for Chaos;Head Noah. Now, since it's a visual novel I don't see any real reason to be opposed to just reading it on my phone… does anyone have a cracked .apk of it, or know the best place to find one? I'm not big into mobile gaming (for obvious reasons) so I don't know the best place to look.

Ever17.

They'll be able to stalk you. You have one installed on your computer and you finish the route of a certain girl but the AI will take on her personality and keep you contained to her path.
That sounds like a decent idea for a VN actually.

Assuming Miyuki because of how it all works out.

See first suggestion. Remember11 goes off the rails in kind of how ridiculous it is but Ever17 introduces weird stuff and still keeps it relevant to the story.

Does anyone have a link? I can't find anything on the public trackers I know/google.

depositfile links are the only ones working on this page. If you get jdownloader, you can download them all at once.
anime-sharing.com/forum/hentai-games-38/japanese-[130628[-nitroplus]-kimi-kanojo-kanojo-no-koi-|-君と彼女と彼女の恋。-314473/

I found a mega link on pastebin, but the rars are passworded

I want to play this game, but not enough to go through the trouble of individually downloading rars from sketchy websites. If anyone decides to upload it out of the kindness of their heart, I will be forever grateful.

Anyway, I'll see where I get bruteforcing these rars if all else fails

mega.nz/#F!lsZUGIYL!NpPQpqjhJ6ykO3G3tE8P1Q
Pass is Byjulian6464
I think.

not videogames

go fuck yourself

I'm glad furries got to run your fun a couple months ago.

Wow, thanks! The only downside is that now I have to download more shit, but whatever. It's better than waiting for my shitty laptop CPU to bruteforce.

Was this the pastebin?
pastebin.com/EaKaJe8V

yeah

I do, but it's several years and few hard disk changes old. No guarantees it will work.
volafile.org/r/c25qfg5c

If you haven't noticed user, Rin is an autist.

Chris's path isn't too bad. Half the fun is in teasing her. But the original three girls of the group are the best. Each have a history with Yamato and all have very good stories.

And that's why Rin is second worst girl

Holy fuck i didnt pick up on that when i read it. Good shit

It was when she was crying in his arms I think. Hisao's all like "Why are you upset?" and she calls him stupid for that reason. But Lilly was in earshot when he fell over.

also, i am the only who nitces that every girl's abdomen is disproportionately stretched?

hisao died, his ending was a dream or something

if you think about it, lilly is not that great, she only didn't wanted to be alone at the moment, living in her difficult situation (she practically only had her sister, her family was distant), she never wanted to speak about the harsh things of her relation whit Hisao and didn't cared much about Hisao's health, also she took Hisao from Hanako.

Don't you do that sir
Don't you be such a man

it's cannon

I wish to forget
I know that happened, and I think for narrative purposes it makes sense that it did, but it taints Lilly's route for me. Especially since Hanako such a cute.

Kinda hard to make out anything due to the steam and the water. Still solid girls.

delet

Reading The Greatest Inventions of the Sexy Era, it appears you are an autistic phys ed teacher who is secretly a genius inventor that tricks a retarded girl in helping him take sexual revenge on anyone who triggers his autism. I have six arms and three penises. It's goofy dumb shit with garbage writing and okay art.

==FUCKING SJWS IN MY LEWD VNS=
THIS IS THE JEWS FAULT
:^)

That's one way to get the ball rolling for a string of bad puns.

i think you just lit a powder keg

I'm mildly upset. At least you get to romance the starship though, that's really nice.

No need to blow up about this. It was only inevitable that that post would have lead to this.

Cmon guys, I just wanted to shoot the shit.

Well, the guy driving looks like he's in the same camouflage.

The plus disk epilogue route has you work with Kuu to try to get the starship pregnant.
Hilarious VN, would recommend.

Got a link to Ever 17?

It's up on IGG.
igg-games.com/ever-17-the-out-of-infinity-free-download.html
Should be the english version, if not you should be able to find the translation for it.

Remember11 really doesn't go off the rails until the end(s). Everything until then makes for a relatively interesting story, and in terms of characters and pacing, Remember11 excels where Ever17 lags. In my opinion, Remember11's story made sense if you read int o it, but I doubt most readers understood the story without taking 2-3 hours researching what happened.
I also liked Remember11 a lot more.

ayylmao.

I seriously expected the therapist to rape her in the end.

Is IGG trustworthy? i usally use skidrowreloaded.

I haven't had a problem with them but getting it straight from the releaser is probably safer.

I have a version with a happier ending too.

I'm pretty new to VNs, I've read Fate/Stay Night and am working on Clannad now. I've gathered plenty of recommendations, but I'd like to know what you all think about flowcharts. I used a flowchart to 100% fate/stay night, but for Clannad I'm just going in blind and seeing what happens. What is the best strategy for getting through a VN?

I don't like using flowcharts, they ruin my engagement with the plot.

Autistically save every time you have to make a decision. That's the true way.

Unless you've reached a point in some irregularly structured choice tree where you can't figure out how find the endings or optional sidepaths you're missing, then is how you want to play. Flow charts ruin the game mang.

Go for a blind run, and keep doing blind runs until you get your desired outcome, then use flowcharts.

If Steins;Gate and Flowers are anything to go by, flowcharts/walkthroughs are an absolute necessity.

I heard you could romance Kuu and Remi in the fan disc too. Is it recommended I finish all routes before playing the fan disc or is it fine having played just one?

fukken casul i bet you cant even 100% yu-no without a flowchart git gud

I can't imagine how anyone could or would 100% games like this without a guide (meaning the original guides must be based on reverse engineering).

That chart looks way more complicated than it is because it's bloated with unnecessary bubbles on non-divergent points.

When I went back and re-read the 1st steins gate, I realized that every time Kurisu talks about how cell phones work or digital signal compression she gets everything hilariously wrong. But I think that makes me like her more though. Since she's a neuroscientist she just spouts off about things outside her field and makes herself look like an idiot.

I like my charts.

Yeah, they're safe.

Are you sure you've read S;G? They actually do compress the data using a black hole. She is not wrong in-universe, where this stuff works.

It's just a little quirk of the writing I guess. I just find it funny. It's the pain of actually having experience in this field. The stuff supposed to be technobabble just sounds hilarious.

Clannad is an exceptionally long VN. Having to restart routes because you didn't get the good ending could lead to frustration. Keep in mind you need to finish every route to get to complete the story.

CONGRATULATIONS ON READING THE MOST OVER-HYPED POORLY WRITTEN GARBAGE

OH GOOD FOLLOW UP

Read actually well written VNs, ay? Like Steins;Gate or The House in Fata Morgana or Maggot Baits*

*NOTE: Do not actually read Maggot Baits.

Eh, I'll pass. Thanks for going to the effort though

mega.nz/#F!kg9AmYpb!UM6Esl6rJaQPZoh_lOWkvg
mediafire.com/file/44p5yy5x50ng5za/Majikoi English Patch.exe

C'mon man. It's worth going through.

I know that, I've been looking for another link for it. And failing, so thank you for feeding the babbie.

There's nothing wrong with Fate's writing, as long as you read it in Japanese. I don't imagine most people here are going to try reading Maggot Baits, since the English version isn't out yet. What's your beef with it though? The gore?

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

ISOs are up on IGG as well.
igg-games.com/maji-de-watashi-ni-koi-shinasai-pc-free-download.html

Also a torrent that has seeds.
mofumoe.org/content/maji-de-watashi-ni-koishinasai

Maybe there's nothing wrong with the writing as far as sentence structure/grammar/vocabulary goes (at least in japanese, I don't read moon so I'll take your word for it), but there's everything wrong with it when it comes to the story, story telling and characters.

She is wrong in every other conceivable universe where *information* does not magically encode more information just because it's been passed near a black hole. At least come up with something halfway plausible like

Who knows? Fifty years from now people will laugh at the physicists of today.

I'm old enough to remember what it was like before a pc, let alone a mobile phone or the internet. Things have changed so quickly in the past few decades

Same here. We have witnessed the fastest advance of technology in human history and it's all thanks to the invention of the microchip.

Have an unfinished School Days Chart.

Does School days actually have the continuity errors that ive been hearing about? Shit like referencing things that didn't happen in the route you're playing?

Probably. I don't think I've played all the routes. If you're trying to find inconsistencies, you'll spend a lot of time rewatching and trying to find them as the whole game is basically an interactive video.

Starting day with different foot can fucking change everything in this game. Not to mention that you need to timetravel/savescum constantly.

God damn it, Hanako a best, but why is this song so fucking good?

Sweetest Monster was the first VN I actually enjoyed in a long while. It's worth reading just for super fucked up ending.

I don''t plan on buying it, but what the hell happens at the end, it's all most reviews of it speak about.

What's the lewd situation? Is pic 3 about as far as it goes?

Also, if you answer that other dude, spoil it properly.

I found this in the Steam screenshots.

How fucked up are talking here, cause I'm not really into bad ends.

My my my. I might have to pirate this.

So that's where this came from.

How new are you that you haven't heard of NTR?

funny, small, round-shaped legs.
I believe it was the ancient Romans that said "he who buggers a fire burns his penis."

Correct.

If you do, tell us of the ending.

Ending as follows Catgirl is a spirit that you saved & she fell in love with you. She possessed your depressed NEET daughter who you've not really spoke to in nearly a year after her attempt to kill herself. You realise this fact just after taking her virginity and cumming inside her. Your daughter effectively dies by letting the spirit have her body from the horror of having her father fuck her, no longer wanting to face the world.
In the epilogue your daughter appears to come out of her shell, no longer being a depressed NEET, it's clear that the spirit is now pretending to live as your daughter with you and your wife.

Is it a bad thing that I don't actually see this as all that horrifying?

I feel similar, I don't see it as horrifying at all, perhaps because I can separate reality from fiction, who knows? Maybe I just want to fuck my own daughter? If I had one.
I suppose that's the idea it wants to present to the reader, but after playing stuff like Saya no Uta, Euphoria and the bad endings in Grisaia, I feel nothing by comparison.

I've never heard of House in Fata Morgana, might check it out.

The most horrifying is that you want to play a lowlife that had cut all contact with his suicidal daughter for over a year and doesn't see anything wrong with that.

A-3 when fellow stalker?

Now that you mention it, that is far worse.
At least with the "fucking the body of your own daughter", it isn't a conscious thing.

Good point, didn't even consider that.

majitranslations.wordpress.com/progress/maji-koi-a-3/
Translation says 0, but since they've been hounded by comments asking to do a partial patch, they're ignoring them. They're probably still working on it so sometime soon I imagine.

Reading the comments it does seem like they stopped updating but are still working normally.
Release window might be between middle of summer and early winter according to different previsions based on their earlier translations.
Let's see how well they deal with the infinite puns in Lee's route.

Well this was a miserable way to start the day.
Guess now I have a reason to play My Girlfriend is the President or Drakoi.

Think of the worst thing you might do while your drunk in the local park at night and multiply it by 10.

So that's where this pol/leftypol meme came from…

what universe is this?

HP is censored on Steam. Most games are.

Give the guy a swastika armband for extra keks.

He already has one user. That's an edited pic.

I left the thread open in the browser when it was still under the bump limit and never bothered to check if it's gone over it. Sue me for laziness, you nitpick.
Then why crop the bottom of it?

Follow the reply chain user. The original image is cropped to there.

Looks like he already has one.