Worth Buying?

I'll ask a question but this thread could in general be about asking if a game is worth buying.

Is Berserk Band of the Hawk worth buying? It looks fun and has nice visuals but is it just a copy and paste Dynasty type game? And if so, is it still worth getting?

I look like a Manlet guts

It's not even worth pirating. Spend your time/traffic somewhere else.
I'm huge berserk and musou fag, and that game is still terrible.

Just play a fan-translation of the PS2 game.

I haven't played it, but I remember someone saying the character selection was incredibly small and they cut a lot of fights from it. I used to like Berserk, but I wouldn't waste my time on it.

Censored on both sides of the Pacific and the character selection is damn small. Pirate or buy it on sale.

Thanks everyone. The consensus seems unanimous.

Sorry, never seen anyone utter those words. Not gonna ask you why, but ty for the feedback.

I usually gobble up anything Dynasty Warriors related, and even I think that game's pretty shit. I'd pass on it unless you're a huge Berserk fan.

Looking for a good Berserk game as well, just begun the series, but I'm surpised to see there's so little games about it since it's so popular

If Berserk has a Jerky brand, would it be called Berserky?

And I actually just noticed . Even if you're a huge fan you may realize it's shit still.

No.

It went full DBZ, so maybe that's why some people grew cold to it.

If Guts could twerk, would the show be called "Bertwerk"?

Berserker Twerker

start lifting then 90% sure that he and 90% of the characters suffer from malnutrition. growing up and currently with the remaining 10% being big guys.

Yes and no, everything but the boss fights are copy + pasted, but the boss fights are incredible.
Lots of attention to detail, even moreso than the ps2 game.

You don't get to any of the good shit until you beat Golden Age though, and the game goes full-insane after the Grunbeld fight, It's definitely worth a pirate.

Honestly, mainline dynasty/samurai warriors is better than most of the spinoffs and licensed games. Many more movesets and features.

Gundam Musou 2 and 4 are like the best musous you can ever get, even better than the main series.

Tell you what, first you find a rusty nail and then you shove it up your jugular. Make sure to twist and repeat.

agree, 4th one (Reborn) was only Musou I enjoyed

Awful musou.

You referring to the berserker armor? Guts has been a one man army since the start, man - the berserker armor just turned it up a bit so that he can feasibly face the stronger apostles ahead of him. I can understand why you'd think that it went full DBZ if you thought the golden age arc was the best one, but the manga was always about Guts ripping everyone's shit.

Buy it on sale, because the replay value is limited. I was pleasantly surprised with the amount of FMV included, of course stolen from the 3 golden age movies.

It makes for a fun ride, but once you get to the ending, you won't go back. Or at least until they release an updated version with coop, in some years.

Don't, but keep an eye out for some kind of "Berserk Musou Ultimate Shin 2", where they add in all the content they couldn't be assed to. Happens all the time, never buy the first of a Musou game if you want a satisfying amount of content. LoZ is probably one of the few exceptions.

I love the mango and this game disappoints.

This. Also, the most ridiculously OP character in the series has been around since the golden age.

Woah woah woah people are upset about Gut's berserker armor and not the fact that Kintaro shoved lolicon [email protected]/* */ shit into it? Not that I personally have anything wrong with Schierke or the monkey. The length of the boat trip still triggers me though.

is it normal for that game to have awful optimization?

You can safely stop DBZ after the Freeza arc.
You can safely stop Naruto after the Chuunin exam.
You can safely stop Hellsing after the Valentine bros.
You can safely stop Berserk after the Golden Age.

Berserk just caught the manga-itis like every other great property. No reason to be ashamed. It's inevitable.

Because it became shit?

Did you actually use naruto and dbz as examples of something great

There were Dragonball Z games on the NES.
Think about that.

All shonen are the same shit.

And there were over 60 doraemon games but that doesn't mean shit

yes

Is there a specific reason for that anyways?
I was watching Gungrave recently and the first half was so good, but then the second half fucked everything up.

Whenever a DW/SW spinoff is made they always make it barebones as possible to see if people like the idea of [FRANCHISE] musou. My suggestion is to wait for a sequel or two.

It has to do with the pressures on the story and artistic process that come when a mangaka scores a mega hit. They are pressured to rapidly generate a lot of content over a long period of time that they didn't plan for.

So a bunch of shitty things happen for the integrity of the story. It gets stretched too long, far beyond its natural lifespan. It gets in a race with the anime. The anime overruns the manga with no new content and has to make up bullshit. It's like building a bridge for you to walk over and then being told there's going to be semi-trucks running over it for the next 20 years but you've already "designed" and built the bridge.

The mangaka starts to hate the work and take it for granted and it suffers (Garfield syndrome)

Occasionally this yields fun results, though, like with Excel Saga anime, which overran the manga and just did its own thing and succeeded.

The reason is usually this:

Some clever (read: greedy) writers think ahead and make their series about searching for something or getting a title that's just out of reach so they can stretch this as much as possible.

no

no.

no, it's a bad berserk game and a bad dynasty warriors game too.
play the ps2 game instead, there's a fan translation online and it runs just fine on pcsx2.

To add in the link between the beast within Guts and the Berserker Armour, and the hints that the Sir Skeleton once wore the armour before becoming the knight of Deus ex Machina.

Yeah no. Going full DBZ would require Guts beating his enemies without help. But in nearly every battle with an Apostle he has help, usually in the form of the waifu witch helping him keep centered and able the harness the abilities of the armour. Also his sword's ability to slay apostles is something he gained by his own hands.

Ugly and clunky as fuck. It was considered shovelware good for no one but the most starved fans.

I've heard the Dreamcast game is decent.

its actually much worse than a dynasty warriors game. dynasty warriors games have enemy varieties, and strategies that you have to switch up. theres also a ton of characters and kill counts into the 1000s. difficulty can quickly stack on some levels that youre "supposed" to lose. they let you come back more powerful and against all odds win the level, which takes you down a different route of conquest.

dynasty warriors games are awesome.

i like berzerk, dragon quest, and zelda. but all of those dynasty warriors spinoffs are trash compared to the real deal.

on an emulator it can actually be really fun. dynasty warriors 2 was one of my favorites even though its fairly simple because the difficulty was correct. the enemy archers were OP and you started much weaker and leveled slower. while the game is missing alot of substance they added in later titles, it was the only game that really forced you to stick with your army. you couldnt run head first into a fort of enemies and come out alive, you had to travel with your army and invade a fort.
this really gave you the feeling that you were fighting with an army of 1000s against an army of 1000s rather than you be the hero while everyone else is cannon fodder.

Same with Gintama. The fillers' better than the entire manga. I don't think anyone can watch that show seriously since it's basically Japanese mehmeh.

Only if there's a ten minute scene of Casca getting raped.

And people still argue it hasn't gone to shit.
And no OP, its pretty mediocre
Better than some casual shit out there, but still pretty mediocre.

She does get raped in the trailer for a min. So in game for an hour?

The dreamcast game has a story in written by Miura himself. It's semi-canon and is in-between vols 24-25–?

You can find the movie of it on youtube. It has decent voice acting and music and good pacing. Recommended.

Where's this from and why it isn't a webm.

so how is Attack on Titan mushou? and what about that new Samurai Warriors one?

No, it's not worth playing in the least.
Even if you're a huge berserk fan, the game itself is so shallow, empty, and boring compared to every other musou out there it hurts. They could've done so much better with this game didn't. I'm pretty damned glad I pirated this game first, because it really fucking sucks. If you want a Berserk game that's good, go play the PS2 one or hell even the Dreamcast one.

As Berserk fans, we're made to suffer.

The only thing in the berserk world that matters is Griffith. All Guts is good for is being a fuccboi.

Play the vidya. It's superior because it knows what it is meant to be, rather than trying to See You Cowboy a very straight forward revenge story.

Absolutely nothing "Berserk" is worth buying.
Not the games
Not the anime (original anime was great and set the tone in music for the rest of the iterations, too)
Not the CG CLANG anime
Not the movies
Not the manga

It is a never ending story written by a lazy hack who can't keep a consistent art style like any of his contemporaries and has yet to accomplish the first of the major narrative goals - unretarding Casca - in over
20 YEARS
TWENTY YEARS
Give or take about an additional decade, that is.

The only people who still like [email protected]/* */ Witch & Co. Berserk are fans with Stockholm Syndrome.
I am not being hyperbolic. Seriously, they are the worst and most masochistic, defeated anime fanbase you will ever see in your life. It is pathetic and I was one of them, until I finally let go…

Not all shonen are bad tho

It's pretty fun but repetitive, worth 10€ or so.

you're retarded beyond down syndrome, back to your containment board

>>>/a/

JJBA is also a never ending story that has its ups and downs and that is part of what makes it an iconic piece of manga culture. If anything the parts with just Guts and Puck were annoying because Puck was literally just there for comic relief and Guts was a incredibly static character. At least with the addition of his party did his character begin to grow again like it did in the Golden Age Arc.

Remember when it turned out that near the end of Oh My Goddess it was revealed that K1 wasn't actually just a beta faggot MC and instead he actually had his sex drive magically castrated so that he wouldn't bang any Goddesses and spawn a new universe from the sheer power of orgasms?

And then you go back and re-read the beginnings and see constant subtle references to this magical castration the entire time. Almost like it had been planned all along.

/a/ was pretty fun that day.

any archive linkfor that?

its in form of scene from cgnime and I dont know if its cut/censored but you barely see anything just hear hear moans

the old anime one scene of it was so creepy why is it the whole demons and shit in this are so creepy, nothing else comes close to it

This. I had my hopes up after the boat ended. I thought the reason the boat ride was so fucking long was so that he had time to plan out and write a fucking ending to the story. Oh how gravely wrong i was. Berserk is never going to be finished, because Miura is a fucking loser afraid of his own success, and would rather stay locked in his hikikomori playing idolmaster than leave behind an untainted legacy of inspiring thousands of writers, artists, and game developers. I'm not going through another 8 years of waiting just so that lazy fuck can crush my hopes and dreams all over again. Fuck Berserk and fuck Miura. Two bombs weren't enough.

I pirated it and i enjoyed it. I would absolutely not pay for the game tho. I got about 25 hours out of it which was mostly spent in the story mode with maybe 2-3 hours put into endless eclipse mode and another 2-3 redoing levels to earn behelits. I could easily see myself putting in a lot more time in the game as i only played as guts and did not get all the behelits from story mode. I suspect a berserk musou 2 would be worth buying for 30$ at most.

Also has anyone been able to get the DLC to work? I've been trying to get it to work for the past two weeks or so and still have had no luck.

fuck that shit, all you get is homo picture!

btw what is reward for endless eclipse?

When you get to level 100 you unlock endless berserk armor. I forgot what's in-between, perhaps some costumes.

It's hard to enjoy the Dynasty Warriors Gundams when the Gundam strategy games and Gundam Vs have much wider scopes of casts available.

"monkey paw, i wish for a modern Berserk game!"

Last I checked, JJBA has a far different narrative structure with almost insular arcs/ages than Berserk. Berserk, which I know much more about, is a linear story that should have run its course like Fist of the North Star already, or at least that the story should have developed WAY beyond the point it is still struggling to reach.

Exactly, mate. I feel for the anons who are still going "Just wait! It'll get to the good part and then everything will go crazy and we'll start zooming right along to the point!" but that's the echo of shattered dreams and ruined memories. It's the mantra that was repeated for years upon years.

Wait, seriously? I thought that series was just more garbage but that sounds pretty clever.

It was okay, but on reflection not worth buying. Dynasty Warriors game with a thin veneer of Berserk on the top. Limited cast (Guts, Griffith, Casca, Rickert, Schierke, Serpico, Zodd, Wyald, and I think that's it), though with diferent playstyles, even though it all boils down to hacking and slashing as quuck as you can. Story spans from the beginning of Egg of the Supreme Ruler to the beginning of Endless Boat Ride. Almost entirely played as Guts, and can get repetitive quick. There are clips from the movies interspersed throughout (though purged of all violence, gore and nudity), and the rest post-Golden Age is lame in-game renderings.

Not totally unexpected, but there could have been way more effort put into it. Leaving out all of the apostles bar two, no Skull Knight and no other Golden Age members as playable characters was just a straight and lazy neutering. You'd be tempted to forget it was a DW game at all too, considering how lax it was on the fighting-over-territories business.

You have terminal shit taste.
Black swordsman and lost children are the best parts of berserk, and im not implying that the rest are bad at all.

The issue I think is that Kintaro had written a static character that started to progress and evolve during the golden arc and then regressed back to a static character during the black swordsman arc and is only now starting to progress character wise again after he got his party together. Either way the boat trip was drawn out for far too long, but at the same time its also because Kintaro is a lazy ass shit who plays [email protected]/* */ for like half the year instead of actually coming up with more story. Hell the Overlord series which is much newer is coming out with newer and better content than anything Kintaro has written in like the last several years, but I mean it is a bit unfair to compare a primarily LN to a manga.

look at this fucking bolognaphile

It should have been single character game like MGR, Bayo and such., would fit the whole story much much better
Seems they went with musou because its cheap no effort genre

other games went that route and still did decent enough

Shounen is not a genre, it's a target demographic of manga magazines. Nisekoi and One Piece are both shounen yet nothing alike.

no mozgus no buy

that looks awful

Don't forget that JJBA was in Shonen Jump until like 13 years ago. Yet you wouldn't compare it at all to shit like Naruto or Fairy Tale or shit like that. Like you said.