Castlevania animated series

archive.is/RE0DC
It's kinda sad this is the best thing to come out of this series in the last few years.
Either way, what do you think, Holla Forums? Will it be good? Or will it be shit?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castlevania#Television_show
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I honestly can't say I have enjoyed any Castelvania released past SOTN so I really could not care less.
Also I stopped paying netflix because they're a bad company so I doubt I'll ever drunkenly stumble upon this and binge watch it.

Castlevania? Yeah I remember playing that on my Nintendo, i'm such a nerd, I bought a NES Mini, y'know? Although I couldn't get past the second stage on this game, I really enjoyed listening to some remixes of the soundtrack on Youtube, very cool.

Is there == EROTIC VIOLENCE ==?

oh fugg i messed up

Give The Adventure Rebirth a try sometime.

There will be lots of ==REGULAR VIOLENCE==.

fug

What? Aren't you excited over the upcoming Netflix's Death Note(tm) featuring an american cast and black L?

Everything Netflix does is Forced Diversity: The Series. so it'll probably be shit.

also, I wish we'd quit labeling CGI as "animation".

The GBA ones were good.

And you just know they're going to make Nigger L a smooth mudah fucka instead of the autist he was.

It was just the same game again man

Near will be a sandnigger, mark my words.

I don't think the series is gonna happen tbh

And that's a problem how? I don't get upset when I play chess multiple times and it's the same game, so I'm not going to get upset some games in the same series (which I got for free) are similar either.

They already made 2 live action movies with nips. No need to get butthurted over this.
CJ just needs to follow Kira.

That might be because chess games don't last 15 hours and the only thing differentiating them is an anime-tier story that is constantly pushed into your face and pretty boring gameplay.

Metroidvanias are fun once for the novelty, repeat without innovation and they just get annoying.

why does Light look like fucking MattPat

This was a rumour on Holla Forums a couple months back. I'm confused as to how they managed to develop a whole season within 4-5 months without much information getting out.
It's either rushed or Netflix has somehow not spilt every single detail about the show early for once.

There was a 3rd last year with a miniseries to bridge the gap.

Yeah, because when I think supergenius, I think niggers

What about Mark Twain?

Not a genius or a nigger, just a very skilled writer.

?????

I would paid to watch this. Near as sandnigger writing on the deathnote his next victims with "allahu akbar" written in arab next to it.

So its going to be based off of Castlevania 3?

God, I hate summerfags so much.

Ayo, hol' up.
Is what you be try'na say is,
WE
WUZ
WRITERZ?

Honestly, gotta give those faggots that think people with dozens of portraits were hiding their race/having it covered up a pat on the back. It must require a fair amount of mental processing to reach such conclusions.

A better option would be base it off all of the games they can, and make it a tale of the Belmonts throughout the ages.

Watching and webm'ing the trailer now.

MEGATIZE ME

Imagine every single death note scene except L talks like a ghetto nigger
It's gonna happen, I might ironically watch the thing.

But the guy in the photo can only play a suave black man, not ghetto.

Seems to be that rumored CV3 OVA. we've seen Grant Sypha, and Alucard here, and I assume the Belmont is Trevor.

Now, whether or not we get a decent Modern Redition of Dracula going fullblown Pazuzu in his third form, and how they do the barfing Bram Stoker's Dracula Gary Oldman movie Cover Gargoyle Cluster second form remains to be seen.

That, and notably, Alucard is fucking Blonde like his queer-ass DOS sprite, and is not in that decrepit crypt shown in the Prelude manga and even CV3.

Suave black man might be watchable, light skinned niggers are still funny.

Funny thing, because the SJWs were complaining that the new American death note would take away jobs from Asians, even though they already made their own live action adaptations. It's almost like they complain without knowing about the source material.

huh, neat, lovely life-span killing wish grantign matches.

Webm'd.

It takes lots of shortcuts to save money, which is fine as every anime/anime-styled show does this.
But the one thing that annoyed me was

Meanwhile GITS which is heavily based on Japan is made entirely with American and ((white)) actors and is apparently "empowering".

The animation and art looks surprisingly good.

Looks like the Supernatural anime which I liked.

That's because they want the original Ghost in the Shells erased as quickly as possible as they're too useful for orienting yourself in today's fucked up shit.

Just pointing out that the useful idiots only whine about things useful to their jew masters.

Warren Ellis is writing it. The Transmetrpolitan guy.

If you've never read or heard of Transmetrpolitan before, all I can say is… it's gonna be great.

Warren Ellis is also a massive cuck who used the last vestiges of his self-awareness to write Transmetropolitan.

Except that Ellis went off to the Dark Side left halfway through writing that (around issue 30 if memory serves) and started bashing the right instead of impartiality like before, and was just recently going about shilling reprints and TPBs of Transmetropolitan while pointing out how the later half (in which he shits over the right) is the perfect analogy for Trump.

You mean the left right? Or does it continue after he goes back into the woods after his "irreversible brain damage"?

Awww, fuck, that's a damn shame to hear. I really thought for sure he wouldn't swallow leftist kool-aid.

It's really fucking bizarre, because anything associated with the left and SJW shit usually has really poor quality, and yet Transmet is fucking amazing. Guess he lost a few brain cells over the years, huh?

They need to let the Venture Bros team do Transmetropolitian like they pitched a couple years back.

No, that's the end.
Halfway through he starts going off the deep end and Callahan gets incredibly more brutal and "ebil nazi", which was Ellis deciding he didn't like being moderately impartial and decided to bash the right.

He wrote a series about aliens coming to Earth and spun it to not really do much with the aliens and just talk about feminism and transgender people.

Here's a recent-ish photo. He is Reddit-incarnate.

3 is both odd and not odd as a choice for an animated series. It's the fist to introduce characters that would later become staples in castlevania storylines, ie a belnades and Alucard, but I call your attention to the following:
There are a lot of ways they can fuck this up.
I'm really not sure how many episodes they can even squeeze out of a game like 3 without having to make up for it with a ton of contrived bullshit

You're aware that the book ends with the Smiler being elected, going full Hillary "I am going to be the president because I hate you all and want to fuck with you" and Spider realizing that the right wing is always going to be technically better because at least they believe in something? It bashes both sides, but definitely paints the political left as far worse.

Either way Ellis is a full cuck so who fucking cares.

Haven't paid attention to anything Castlevania since Rondo/Symphony on PSP. Rebooting didn't interest me, have no idea if Lords of Shadow was any good. This sounds and looks like that Dracula's Curse animated adaptation that's been in the works forever, since I'm pretty sure I saw Syfa.

Shit, it doesn't actually look bad

Lords of Shadow was awful, closest it got to feeling like Castlevania was the DS one and even then it was mediocre at best.

Ohh boy.

So what, he's going to be using it as a vehicle to talk about his shitty politics? I can picture it now.

DID THEY JUST ASSUME HER GENDER?

Which series is this? This sounds funny.

I need to see more animation and the writing before I can fully judge, but at least the voice acting seems alright.

The Lord of Shadows series was trash, Just play adventure rebirth and order of ecclesia if you haven't. Those are the last good castlevania games. Harmony of despair was an alright spin off too but the online is dead

Color me surprised. Mind you since this is the long rumored Castlevania 3 adaptation this shit's been in the works long before Konami went full retard.

First Lords of Shadow was ok-ish God of War clone, with an absolutely shit tier story and honestly would've done better had not had the Castlevania name attached to it. Rest of the series is varying degrees of shit.

I played that game and this is wrong. Lords of Shadow isn't even trash because trash can have some use. Lords of the Shadow 1 is a buggy piece of shit with the worst hitboxes I have ever seen in a videogame. It is absolutely not bottom of the barrel. It is so bad it is lying under the barrel because nobody wants to even look at it. The only good thing about Lords of the Shadow 1 was a few moments the protagonist had where he just didn't give a shit.

Considering it's been 7 years since I played it once and never touched it again, it's entirely possible my memories of the game are inaccurate so I'll concede this one to you.

They should have cast the black guy as Yagami instead. I would have at least found that humorous if Light was played by a Darkie.

Just in time for my birthday, I guess.

What? I've played through it and what was originally dlc and never encountered any bugs or iffy hitboxes. And I know iffy hitboxes. The worst thing about LoS was just how overall boring it was. I would have enjoyed some bugs just to break up the monotony.

It actually looked good.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castlevania#Television_show
Not sure how I feel about this. Creating new characters liberates them from fucking up and allows them to try new stuff, but at the same time I want to see in animated form the classic story with the same old characters.

Also, what do you think Sypha Belmades real name should be?
Cypher Velmades?
Cifra Fernández?
Because we're talking about an age were retards translated Metroid's barrier suit as "Varia" suit.

What's your favorite Castlevania boss?
Legion always stuck with me the most

I always thought the name Varia came from variable, as in variable temperature

I have reasons to think the series will be good but I also have reasons to think it will be cucked. Now cucked and good aren't mutually exclusive, however if it gets too cucked it's doomed for sure.

This is based on a decades old script/treatment by some comic book guy whose name I'm blanking on at the moment. I remember commenting on the articles as he updated progress, and at one point gave him some lore info he didn't know (the bit about the candles in Dracula's castle being the souls of his victims who drop items to help would-be vampire slayers).
I had completely forgotten about it.
Fuck, can't say I'm not interested but I don't want to get my hopes up.

I don't get it, why would you want to remake Vampire Hunter D?

So they shat on a turd?
Wow, so progressive.
sage for double post

does that mean james jean is still involved?

STOP

I enjoy body horror, and Legion feels like its apotheosis; a near perfect sphere formed of tainted, imperfect horror.

Hopefully the failure of Ghost in the Shell: Faggywood Edition will start a trend toward leaving anime and vidya the fuck alone.

ITS NIGGA TIME

so nips aren't involved in this in no way whatsoever?

They're doing the animation.

Frederator studios is animating it and a man named Adi Shakar is directing it.
There is 0 jap involvment

I loved Lords of Shadows 1 over any other 3D Castlevania, but the way they handled Dracula's transformation in the DLC was incredibly shitty. It should have been the whole story of the 2nd game.

Netlifx's live action is usually shit, but Bojack is cool, so maybe the animated series won't be terrible

I'm insulted, and I don't even like Death Note.

I believe there was a crab in Ecclesia that was pretty cool as concept in boss-fighting.
Carmilla from Circle of the Moon was a cool character. I believe she doesn't look that cool when you fight her.
As general gameplay, I have a serious nostalgic bias towards the last four bosses that you fight sequentially at the end of CastleVania IV. What a way to end the game.

I also thought that project had failed.
I remember it was mostly put forward by a single very-motivated guy and at some point he give up on the live-action and decided to concentrate on animating it.

Reminds me of the guy that made Oban Star Racers. He developed the concept in 1997 and started production in 2000 to finally make a trailer in 2001, but the final product was only released in 2009 because nobody wanted to fund a racing anime with a girl as main character. I'm glad he got what he wanted in the end, but I'm sure he doesn't want to do it twice.

Vampire Hunter D was excellent but it's not CastleVania.
Remember that CastleVania before Symphony of the Night was just a collection of monster in Hammer-film style. Frankestein, the Mummy. Hugh Jackman's "Van Helsing" was more similar to CastleVania than D.

I just remembered the 1989 movie "Warlock", for some reason it always gave me strong CastleVania vibes with its warlock-hunter protagonist. I believe he even uses a whip as a weapon. Props for making Christianity look like something not only cool but necesary and practical.