Petscop

Why the fuck don't we have a thread on this yet? Sit down and grab chips because this is going to be interesting.

Some guy made a homebrew PSX game and is passing it as a "found game". What's new?

It's a webseries about a nonexistant spoopy haunted video game.
I've seen it, and it's pretty interesting, but technically this isn't vidya.

I think its a breath of fresh air to have a series that hasn't relied so heavily on glitches and jump scares, instead focusing on spooky mystery. It's pretty good, but its as much vidya as Ben Drowned.

The intelligence and paranoia of you drumpftards astounds me. Indeed, it just goes to show how utterly incompetent you have outed yourselves to be. Quite humorous, I might add! Go pray to your Jew on a Stick.

shill it up

yawn

Learn what bait is and stop taking it

Shame it's nonexistent, I'd have played it. Solving weird puzzles to capture creatures sounds interesting.

You never know. If he releases the Petscop ROM for us to play then it's still absolutely vidya. Maybe this is a marketing stunt to get more people interested.

There is no rom you dumb shit.

There clearly is, you idiot. You think these videos are just elaborate animations? It's obviously a homebrew rom being controlled by a player. You can tell just by looking at it.

He threw a mockup together in unity 5 dude. It's not a PSX rom.

oh for sure man, that makes sense

Really? Where did you hear this?

The point is, there is obviously a piece of software, PSX rom or otherwise, that is clearly being played. So he might release it later down the line. Therefore it's vidya.

WHAT DOES IT ALL MEAN?

it means you're a bitch with fat tits

He kind of jumped the gun with some of the references, so everyone already figured out the main gist. It's about that super fucked up child psychology technique about "rebirthing" that wound up smothering a child to death in a blanket in her own shit and vomit, tied into a general cult theme.

He'll probably get around to explaining how the game itself exists, but we already know the outline of the story.

go back to cuckchan with that stale fucking shit

I'll be honest, as a project I like the way it's set up. Even if it does blow its load story-wise, at least it's still rooted in the somewhat realistic idea of just being a spooky video game. It's like early NES Godzilla, just before "muh childhood friend" and all that shit.

I would love to see a real game try and pull off this kind of simple creepypasta aesthetic, but I dunno if it can be done in that medium. Kinda loses some of its impact when you can find the game on a dozen different facecam channels, all with titles like "DEAD CHILDREN!? PETSCOP GAMEPLAY PART 23" and shit like that.

How much do you bet it's going to hit that in ~4 videos.

I wanna stay confident that someone out there still knows how to tell a proper scary story. Let me dream.

Is there any way to design a game to account for that?

You could put it on the Vita or something else obtuse.

This is decently scary. The question is how long will it take until the King Kong?

Don't know, but you'll hear it before you see it.

Trump is a zionist puppet and so are you.

really know the system

Jesus Christ, that didn't take long. Really makes me wish videos like these stayed obscure. All it takes is for 4 cocksuckers to go full-on [interesting thing here] EXPLAINED! for all of the fun to get sucked out and replaced with cancer. Feels like making a good old fashioned mystery is impossible now that autistic overanalyzers are not only extremely common, but their word is now gospel to the autistic masses.

inb4 petscop ends up jumping the shark NES Godzilla style or ends up needing to mercy kill the series like kingkong.wav

Because it's a fucking Unity game that some fuck made and is passing it off as some sort of creepypasta game to shill it. The way vectors on polygons are rendered are too precise, color blending when fading to black is too smooth, and there's no affine texture mapping

Potato quality but here's a mp4.

how the fuck did you even find this cancer? How did it grow so fast? Did some jewtuber already spam his subs with analysis videos?

What are you guys talking about? What's kingkong.wav?

spoonfeeding.doc
The final Ben Drowned video was an April Fools video where the dude basically trolled the game ghost by just fucking around with Goron Link and blasting King Kong ft. Chamillionaire. After that video, the series just ended.

You know, after a bit of thinking I can sort of see the problem with telling these scary stories: it's rather difficult to come up with a satisfying ending. It's why Ben Drowned just ended out of the blue, and why NES Godzilla jumped all sorts of sharks. Ideally the experience of playing a weird haunted video game ought to be like being a kid going off to explore an abandoned house, or being one of those chodes who watches shows about ghost hunting, but that type of experience runs counter to the traditional idea of a larger story. Stories generally have a build-up, something leading to some sort of climax, a grand finale of sorts, but ideally what this story should be is a constant slow grind. But you can't just slow grind forever.

So I guess the odds are fairly high of this ending in a disappointing way, or just not ending at all. Maybe we'll be pleasantly surprised, but Iunno.

well it's no wonder there's already cancer surrounding it, why do theory and explained videos always immeadently make discussion shit

Because people don't understand the idea of "theory" anymore and lack the mental capacity to form their own, so these videos split the community into two groups, one that takes these videos as gospel truth and one that ridicules the other.
have we been bumplocked

yes

How does every new mod manage to be worse than the last?
How the fuck does this thread deserve a bumplock?
Why don't they actually say something before doing it?

No one really knows how to mod anymore. Its a lost art due to communities growing ever bigger (reddit).