Holla Forums, what are your thoughts on killer7?

Holla Forums, what are your thoughts on killer7?

I think it was a game for the Nintendo GameCube

It's my favorite game but fuck did it need to give screentime to characters beside Dan and Garcian.

Yeah, I thought so too.

pretentious garbage

Too pretentious for its own good. Filled with tons of meaningless scenes that could've been better used.

Weird, but cool. I am glad it exists.

Me too. Also the soundtrack kicks ass.

Hate surrealist stuff if you must, but at least recognize being obtuse is the point, not an oversight.

It's one of the most unique games that I've ever played but I understand why people would call it pretentious garbage. It definitely leaves enough of an impression on you regardless of whether you love it or hate it, which is not something I can say a lot of titles can do. I think the game's worst pitfall was that together with NMH it cemented the idea that Grasshopper Manufactures was just Suda51, who is absolutely terrible at doing anything but adding zany details in simple stories and forced the developers to work on bizarre titles instead of focusing on the same kind of content from NMH and previous titles.

I guess what I really love about it is the fact that it has a killer soundtrack, a lot of very weird game mechanics (I don't think I've seen another on-rail shooter where you're also steering the rails) and an absolutely stunning use of polygonal models to hide away the fact that the team couldn't get proper textures working on the console. Though interacting with the ghosts all around the game was a fucking paaaaaaaaaaaaain they add absolutely nothing to the game and they could've very well been replaced by a couple of cutscenes or some extra areas.

That doesn't make it any better
In fact it makes it worse.

It's my favorite game!

It's a mediocre/good game in gameplay aspects and pacing, but the story plays like an insane fever dream that makes up for its shortcomings.
The kun lan/harman cutscene at the end of the first mission and the russian roulette are just fucking great.

It's enjoyable, but looking at the beta footage makes me sad, as we will probably never get the full version of the game.

It was good. This probably was coming off of Suda's more depressed years of working as a undertaker. So it had more a dread kind of feel of it. I also agree with most that it was very pretentious at times. Hell, to understand the story of it, there was a companion that you had to read that described more of the history of Harman and Kua Lan, the story between Dan and Curtis Blackburn, and much more. However the experience of it was not like the other things that I played before hand. Killer 7 was the art house game that didn't forget about the game aspect. It knew it was a game rather than being like Journey or Limbo and games as such. This was also a game that inspired me to go deeper and crazier with my art as well. This game to me was and still is one of my favorite games for my PS2 collection.

You are mistaken.

I'm upset we never got a Wii port; would have been a great game to play with pointer controls, or even a gun attachment. Could have improved the gameplay considerably. It's a game of style over substance, and I happen to be on the side that likes it's style.

Also, my favorite.

It's my favorite game. I had more fun wondering what the fuck was going on than I have just about anything else ever.

Gameplay's so-so but they tried to mix it up. It's like nothing I played before or since. I just wish the full version got released. Apperantly it was supposed to be way longer and have way more shit in it, read Hand in Killer7 for more, but it's a goddamn shame. I'd buy a remaster day one and I normally would never do such a thing.

Also the soundtrack's beyond amazing. Rave On, Emigrant Song, Tecks Mecks, and especially Back to the Light are some of my all time favorite vidyagayman songs ever.

Top tier voice acting. There's a lot more going on with the story than it seems like initially, I'm just not entirely sure what and I've played it five or six times. It made me feel something. I don't feel anything anymore.

Style over substance, which is usual fair for Suda. He needs to work more with somebody that knows how to translate style into gameplay, like Shinji Mikami. pic related his the most underrated game.

I love the crazy attention to detail.

Haven't played it.
There is no lightsaber in it, so I probably never will.

Other Suda 51 news, he's remaking the sequel to The Silver Case, The 25th Ward. I haven't finished the Silver Case, its another instance of terrible gameplay with great character interaction and a decent plot. No one seems to talk about these games, which is a shame.

I remember some user in another thread having a detailed analysis of what's going on in this scene and what kind of waits each of them were supposedly on and how it still ties in the whole philosophical aspect of world affairs being based on stupid decisions and even a wrong call results in people throwing away their lives in meaningless ways, but alas I've lost it
.>>12628357
What's the abridged story on this, mate?

The only thing I never understood is how do the Smile relate to the real life anarchist assassins? Because IIRC the introductory video just explains they were bombing shit but no one ever talked about Islamic zombie ghosts.

Has it ever been specified if Shinobu was a negress or a very tanned asian?

Haven't they already released this remake?

Shouldn't we play Coyote in his underwear and a naked Mask then?

I WISH THE FUCKING CONTROLS WEREN'T FUCKING GARBAGE AND THE PUZZLES WEREN'T SHIT

I think the only one whose clothes are preserved was KAEDE because IIRC she tried to abandon the mission by hiding and is thus marked as a traitor with the blood splatter on her dress and the fact she's barefoot.

I literally can't even remember what it was about anymore. I rented and beat it on the gcn ages ago.

garbage

Holy shit i get that Jews are cancer but that image is just pure horseshit
because they don't want it genius, they knew it was pure shit and thanks to leftists we manage to have a somewhat secular government
well they did a few times and ended in a short time, either way Islam has too much grip in poo kebabistan
What??
Then what is the fucking point in bringing pakistan, indonesia and serbia to the argument? Those nations don't have anything relevant to point as the Jew's schemes, they went to shit due to their own volition. If you want a good example of a country going to shit thanks to Jews, see America

Killer7 is the type of game that generally receives the love it/hate it treatment, as demonstrated in this topic. I personally fucking love Killer7, and I think it's the best game Suda's ever made. While I enjoyed some of his other work, nothing ever quite reached the kind of absolute mind fuckery the surreal horror Killer7 embodies. Yes, it's style over substance like a lot of Suda's work, but fuck me if the style here isn't absolutely phenomenal.

It's good

Your image is dumb but your text is good. I wish we had the beta versions of a lot of games, this and Dang it Ron Paul are good examples.

It really did have some great moments that make it worthwhile. That entire segment with Dan vs the PedoHitman was great, too. It's the first and only time I've seen elite pedophile rings brought up in any vidya - let alone a vidya that discusses American and international politics.

Sadly that's where the good ends since the real premise is a Japan vs USA backdrop with CrazyNip suicide bombers. Funny seeing as how we have essentially the same thing but with the Saudis today.
You know, monsters aside.

It's the newest fap material for pretentious hipster normalfags to jerk on

(checked)
I thought they hated Suda now because he had cute girls in a game or something.