Platform fighters

So, i'm enjoying pic related. too bad my connection is shit. what is Holla Forums opinion about this furry masterpiece?
I always thought of me as a turtler but once i got that option stripped away from me turned out that i got way more fun even if i suck bad. don't know how i could come back to overly defensive games such smash and PSASBR.

Also i'm starting to dig the characters and how they really feel different between each others

Other urls found in this thread:

smashcast.tv/morebalcony
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Also platform fighting general.
Me and my friends usually play PSASBR but i kind of hate having to do special moves to off opponents as seen that it feels like it limits a lot the moveset of the characters.
Used to play a lot of SSF2, probably will redownload it and give it another go.
Is brawlhalla worth a pirate?

It's free, fam.

Not bad, but i prefer smash

well, then i guess i will give it a try

Double cancer

Besides Forsburn being fucking retarded and clones being changed every update, it's pretty good and up there with PM for good mechanics and high skill ceiling. Rivals might be better in the long run since there's still gonna be balance updates and new characters.

Brawlhalla is fun too but it's so different it's hard to compare. Fun to play casually though since it being free lets my cheap normalfag cousin play with me.

i made a Brawlhalla match with the Golem and while i won i didn't felt like i deserved it as seen as how random the weapons were. also my internet is shit so i think i won't really enjoy it

You act as if regular Smash isn't furfaggy

needs to be more popular tbh

I bought a ps2 adapter as seen that i'm not really into the analog stick for this kind of games.
i'm gonna use r2 to run
r1 to counter
right analog for strong and Triangle for shorthop.

What is your setup?

rivals of aether is kind of fun, but I feel like they went to far in trying to make a melee clone
pls no
I also dont like that every single attack can be countered, the whole point of a platform fighter is the movement so maybe you should dodge some things? no, counter them.
I do like that every character has some way to change the stage, thats cool as shit.

This is true but you still can't counter jabs or while in the air so while there are still a lot of thing that you can counter you won't do that while near off stage which is a lot of time in competitive play

forgot that also the timing is pretty stiff so, if you read a counter you can always delay your attack with the risk of reading wrong and getting hit in the face.

What do you think about the upcoming 6 characters?
How does it make you feel that 2 of them will be guests from other indie games?
I'm pretty sad about it, would prefer for RoA to mantain its integrity. hope on hell and heaven that they won't be shits like yooka-laylee or fucking Fez Ori, Lilac, Shovel Knight, Dust or anyone else aren't welcome either but i will eventually get over it if its them

It won't catch on: the people who like Smash will stick with Smash and the furfags will mostly stay with Smash too because all their friends use Smash.

I think tourneyfags and tryhard will jump on it while everyone else will stay where they are more comfortable with.

Honestly i'm not really liking brawlhalla even if it is free so except for the most hyped game of all time it doesn't have that much of a concurrence.

Also teaser for new character. looks like some kind of tipper

Gameplay is a mixed bag but aesthetic-wise, Brawlhalla is absolute shit. Ugly characters, ugly tween animations, bad music, bad stage designs, just bad aesthetics all around. Rivals is very colorful and has great music and artwork, and a much more varied cast of designs. I'd personally go for Rivals over Brawlhalla.

Literally.
A.
God.

Dan's twitter is great. It also helps that he is qt.

Hopefully this new character is full-on furbait. All the characters are furry, they're pretty conservative in their designs. A Lucario-tier character would bring tons of Autism to fuel the game.

I'm not a fan of Rivals really. Big hits never felt big enough, and the low resolution of the sprites made it difficult to see which attacks are being performed. I also dislike the removal of the ledge. Yes, it's really strong in Melee and yes, it's way too strong in Brawl/Sm4sh, but that doesn't mean removing it outright is the answer. The ledge sucks in Smash 64 because your character has limited options off of it. They could easily have kept the ledge but removed i-frames/shortened them so that things like Haxdashing/Shinostalling were impossible. Also, every fighter feels gimmicky to the point where it's not a fun game to get into, which will limit the already small audience.

i wanna fug the whale orca thing

i think the single wall jumping with reset of upB as the perfect evolution of the ledge grab. it makes sense, works at any altitude, incurages an offensive playstyle in making the oppo guessing when and where he is gonna grab the wall

is power stone a platform fighter and i hope squid kids are in smash bros 5

I could never get into the isometric view of the game, but i'm willing to give it a try, what is the best version to play with friends?

2 is up to 4 player, and has a 2 player story mode. some people like the item crafting as a method to unlock stuff although i thought it was kinda stupid. maybe i just didnt get it. its overall wackier, if thats what youre in to.
as for if its any better mechanically i couldnt say.

too bad is only for the deadcast

Would you be able to play Rivals online if you were using a pirated version?

nope, tried it

its insane to me that the main method for defending cannot be done while in the air, thats like not being able to shoot and run at the same time in an FPS.

I know that's an opinion but there is still a contradiction in your sentence.
You paragonated a defensive manouver to an offensive one. i know the feeling might be the same for someone who is enduring it but from a technical viewpoint they are night and day. this game is self provlamed to be attack oriented instead than defense oriented, this means that character should feel more compelled to keep attacking rather than manouvering out of an attack. this make it a read game for both partecipants who just aren't allowed to camp in a side of the stage. the same can be said on air, if you get hit you have to DI (direction the way you are flying): to the stage, off the stage or in between the two, if your opponent doesn't read you or if you fly too far for a follow up you can make a comeback trying to stall your opponent and make it come (Kragg's pillar), making it commit to a side of the stage (Orcale's pond), make your oppo choose a target (Forsburn's clone and smoke' teleporting), having no freefall(Etalus), Be right back at you (Maypul), Falcon kick (Zetterburn), a lot of jumps (Wrastor) or a nice set of options for absa (cloud jump, thunder, self time bomb to scare opponent into not engaging, and her quick attack)

smashcast.tv/morebalcony
Maxi tournament, maybe new character in the end

I was too lazy to watch it. Anything happen?

you know what? you actually make a decent point
not the first one by saying shooting is offensive and blocking is defensive, the other one
the read game is basically what everything is balanced around and everyone has a different way to fuck with it that really makes the characters stand out from each other and its fun, its super autistic but its fun.

semi off topic, fuck not being able to move and do things at the same time, how am I supposed to go fast if I have to stop all the time?!

Digimon rumble arena 3 was pretty fun

I meant 2.

theres also a "powerstone collection" on psp and dreamcas. maybe you can emulate it

I'm kind of surprised other people play it. I entered that big tournament the other week and made it to round 3 before I got knocked to losers by fucking Ralph. Pretty hyped for the first of the third-party character reveals "soon".

Fucking Ralph is a beast, i'm calling Orcane's Dair-Dair-Uair "Ralph" in his honor. it's a miracle how he even ended up in the losers bracket to still win at ceo.

Not much autism, some good matches and i freaking love Turtlebox-Dbrick Kragg-Orcane combo in dubs.
Also Project M was pretty cool but i don't know enough (one day i will own a wii with a gamecube controller)

Is there a way to emulate four players linked? that would be radical

I could never get into it even if i played it some times. maybe will give it a go again with pals. figuring out moves wasn't that enjoyable as to say smash or psasbr but maybe it's just from a stiffer learning curve.
OT: I fucking made my friends swear to god to not play Dragon's Crown together again. we spent more time on the menus looking for stats than actually playing and every time we did something it was enough to press the buttons to tear everythin (i played the paladin and every time i sacrificed or made enemy target me and still kept all 3 lives all the time)

Shit, i was hoping for new character announcement, maybe today?

I saw a thread on _reddit___ where one was asking to make the analog stick work as a dpad making deadzones to fast movement equal to 0 and letting it have a run button. this would absoulutely solve any of my complaints on the game where i fastfall constantly instead of dspecial/dstong/daerial

wait, we played 3

does this lapsus meant that 3 sucks?

Played a bunch with my roommate. It's a lot of fun. It's a really good balance between a real fighting game and smash.

I'm not convinced he's even human. It was like a baby fighting Mike Tyson, playing against him.

And yet Dolphinbrick 3-0ed him at balcony

Yeah, I wouldn't want to fight Dbrick either.

the big thing was yesterday. it was definitely awesome with DBrick vs FullStream reset. too bad nobody saved it and even worse fucking doubles were offscreen FS won again

Also somebody please stop that grindfest that is abyss endless. you have to grind for hours just to get Final Destination