So this just came out yesterday

So this just came out yesterday.
Anyone tried it? If so, is it anything like Wargame?

OP this board is full of casuals. Why would anyone here play actually good games requiring thought like SD or MoW or Aurora?

You have to consider your audience when making posts.

It already came out?

Gonna see if there is a torrent already

It's shit. Morale system is retarded and Paradox will probably use it as a DLC platform.

Oh, joy. Another two years for the real campaign, then?

Gameplay looks pretty basic like other WW2 RTS games, like RUSE or Wargame but
Eugen Systems, their last few games have been kinda sub-par and shit and Paradox means we're gonna get milked.

Stop complaining and make a RTS thread then you faggot.

Wargame is batter.

I am infuriated by the fact that Wargame had fucking awesome transports and now infantry just fucking transform into trucks. This may seem like a small thing but if they can't even be fucked to bother with something like that I don't even want to imagine how many corners got cut on the rest of the game. I don't understand why in the ever loving name of fuck you would take such a deliberate step backwards. How fucking stupid do they think their target audience is if they don't think we can handle hiding some fucking trucks in some fucking trees while we aren't using them? Eugene is dead to me

Wargame : Middle East when?

I just want to play as Saddam smash the kuwait jews and their USA lackeys
Is it too much to ask?

They put the Israelis into wargame red dragon and like all the other paid for dlc gave them ridiculious super units. You also can't get anyone to play era games either.

what's wrong with era games, faggot? don't you like knocking up foreign leaders to get an alliance with them? what are you, a cuck?

>>>/hgg/
Not that era you degenerate.

It's a lot like Wargame, but there are also some really noticeable differences. You still build a deck. You still deploy your forces in the same way, give them orders the same way, and reinforce and resupply them the same way.

The objective of the game is different. Instead of controlling individual sectors, the entire battlefield is split in half by a "front line." As you move your forces toward the line, it pushes in the direction of your enemy. If you own more of the battlefield at one time, you gain points at a higher rate than your opponent. Controlling more of the map for a majority of the battle means you win.

Units have a morale system meaning they will break and retreat when coming under excessive fire. Sometimes this works well, and sometimes your guys forget what the world "excessive" means and they'll throw their Panther in full reverse because three mortars exploded fifty feet away and they went peepee in their lederhosen. Complete destruction of units is possible but not as common as in Wargame. Units in SD will also surrender if they become surrounded.

AI feels more difficult to me than it did in Wargame. It doesn't just spam lots of units. Even on Medium difficulty it feels as though the computer understands the game mechanics and acts accordingly.

Bump

Feel like pr0harkorz
I like that new codex install music

I liked this one better since it was new to me.

What really bugs me, besides the problems with transports, the map, and the morale system is the limited scope of the game. Instead of making Wargame: WWII, they made Wargame-lite: D-Day. There's no comfy back-and-forth in Northern Africa with shitty early-war tanks, no slugfest at Kursk, no banzai charges on Iwo Jima, no experimental units to play around with. They could have even made naval combat that isn't just missile spam like in Red Dragon. It's such a fucking shame.

They already have Israel in Red Dragon they might just add Syria/Egypt/Iraq in it, the only war that really needs a game is fucking Korea.

Did someone say:
DLC ?

Also forcing steam plus eugene server authentification for multiplayer might be great against the pirate faction, but sucks when the eugene servers regulary suck balls.

All in all I rate it: Arcade game with WW2 paint and return to Close Combat and Combat Mission.

Dont worry its a paradox release, they will milk it with DLC as much as they can