Quake Champions is irredeemable shit

Anyway, Quake Champions. This game has been lingering in my mind,the past few days especially and it's really pissing me off to dangerous degrees. Not only the game itself, but the fact people have been defending it despite obvious chicanery afoot. The example I wish to cite that got me all riled up in the first place is Total "I'm dying from cancer so you have to be nice to me and adopt everything I say as fact while I continue to eat reuban sandwiches which further deteriorates my health which I display as a sacred cow" Biscuit's awful video on the game. You know, the guy who cringe-worthily commentated on a few Quake Live videos and pretends he knows everything about Quake? The guy that thinks that Quake 3 Arena is the only past representation of the franchise that matters? Yes, that guy. Anyway this post isn't meant to be an attack on the guy, I have more important things to do (which I will proceed to outline right now)

Quake Champions is a disgrace to the name it bears. Quake is an arena shooter that stands the test of time. With an incredibly high skill ceiling and barrels upon barrels of mods, it's no wonder that there are many people (myself included) that still care about it today. Quake Champions is very obviously inspired by Quake 3 Arena (which is uncontestedly the most popular game in the series.) It would be fine if they were going to just make Quake Live all over again with more features. However, that's not what they are doing. No, it's much more sinister.

They're turning it into a stupid Overwatch ripoff (which is what everything is doing now-a-days) It's also kind of ironic to see Quake spawn Team Fortress, have Overwatch rip off Team Fortress, and have Quake rip off Overwatch. However, things going full circle like this isn't necessarily an evolution. On the contrary, it's a regression. Team Fortress started as a mod that was trying to very much be it's own thing. So much so that it eventually spawned it's own standalone games. Regardless of dumb memes, hats, F2Ps, pastel colored horses, and constantly suffering yourself to see this little shit in every other chat message: ( ° ʖ ° ) Team Fortress 2 is a very good game and has decades of thought put into it (and was once upon a time actually balanced well, before phrases like "Demoman takes skill" and "random crits are fair and balanced" came into common usage.) Due to it's popularity eventually there would have to be clones of it, and that's where Overwatch comes in.

Other urls found in this thread:

us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20752590998
us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20753287056
8ch.net/v/res/12587701.html
archive.is/c6554
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Blizzard noticed that WoW was finally declining. They needed a new cash cow, and being Blizzard it's not very hard to make one. They copied Team Fortress 2 and acquired a large player-base. Other companies seeing this completely scrapped the idea of copying TF2 and tried to copy Overwatch (because TF2 is a 10 year old game.) This makes every Overwatch clone even MORE uninspired than Overwatch itself is. Overwatch copied a great game and did so very poorly by taking a few great things and throwing it into a blender filled with a bunch of left-field ideas with very little purpose from a game design perspective. Then they mass market it with dumbed down gameplay (the game literally aims for you) and slap on soulless, uninspired characters (half of which only exist to fill a diversity quota) that are appealing to your average horny 12 year old that is just entering puberty.

There is one thing that people copying Overwatch doesn't realize, and is the key reason of why these games always fail: Blizzard fans love eating shit. They are loyalists who will eat anything that Blizzard shits onto a plate. That's why they've been able to maintain a sizable player-base on WoW for the past 13 years. It's why they've managed to get an entire country so addicted to Starcraft 2 that they die in internet cafes and have to play the game with a different meta since all o South Korea's internet is practically a LAN connection. It's why they've been able to use Diablo 3 to run a legal gambling ring/independent economy (which might I add Valve is also guilty of doing, and hilariously despite the ludicrous amount of money laundering both companies do to get away with these things, both examples are more legitimate than the entire US economy given the way the Federal Reserve works but that's it's own irrepairable shitheap.) When you're another company and you try to capitalize on a Blizzard formula alone, it will fail every time because the formula is shit, and most consumers don't want to eat shit. Blizzard has monopolized the ENTIRE market of shit-eaters.

It doesn't matter how big Zenimax is. The stupid first-person MOBA bullshit formula is god-awful and does not belong in Quake whatsoever. You're literally mixing the highest skill ceiling in all of gaming with the most bottom-of-the-barrel trash you can possibly achieve in a digital format. They are perverting everythign we know and love with mass-marketed flavor-of-the-month bullshit that everyone's going to drop like a baby in an abortion clinic.

The next argument that will be presented is the same shit I always hear from people every time something I love is given a obviously shallow reboot for a new audience (the same shit TotalBuiscit said): "Nah man you just want it to be exactly like Quake 3 Arena because that's the only thing you people play all day! Everyone else wants something fresh and exciting!"
That's how the marketers use ordinary people to make questioning a shitty product taboo in the original community. They want you to buy into their bullshit too so they can make even MORE money by you accepting it as well. This is commonly achieved by hiring marketers to shill on other websites posing as ordinary users hoping that they can sway public opinion.

Well you know what, I'm not doing it. Screw Quake Champions. On top of all the shallow MOBA bullshit there are plenty of other reasons to hate Quake Champions and is going to cause it to quickly fade into obscurity outside of a small group of Quake fans who will hold onto it with dear life:

No custom maps
No mod support
Not Open Source (when every other game in the series is)
No dedicated servers
No LAN
No love put into the game whatsoever. Pure corporate trash.

The lack of these things is going to significantly hurt the game. TF2 was used as an example earlier and look at it. Despite the irrefutably cancerous community it has and all the silly things that have happened to it over the years, it is STILL relevant 10 years later and is constantly getting new content from the fans. You have derivative work like TF2C, insanely popular custom maps that have mad their way into the official game, and all sorts of popular custom game modes like Saxton Hale and the like.
Quake Champions will get none of this. QC will not have interesting mods like Quake 1 did. It will spawn nothing of value.

As Quake fans we should be PISSED. The very game we love and adore with all our hearts is being turned into another corporate whore. All the people I've seen defending this game are not even Quake fans. They have either never played Quake before or they played Quake Live for 5 minutes after they ruined the entire game with loadouts and shit.

I have been playing Quake for years.
I have been modding Quake for years.
I have participated in active discussion in various Quake communities/IRCs/boards.

I am an actual Quake player. All I have to say is: Fuck this game.

Hahaha holy shit, yet another 10+ year old game being re-released with fewer features than the decade old game had built in. This is simcity all over again. How can they keep getting away with this?

Isn't that Team Fortress 2 vs Overwatch's features set anyways? (except the open source part)

I never really played TF2, I couldn't tell you. What I can tell you is that popular old games are being remade with fewer features than the originals had, which is sad and hilarious at the same time.

As far as I know, TF2 has

Overwatch doesn't seem to- saying this because I didn't play Overwatch.
No LAN?
us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20752590998
No map creator?
us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20753287056

Because shills will come in here and rape us up the ass with COME ON MAAAAAAN ITS NOT THAT BAAAAD WHY DONT YOU TRYYYY IIIIT
And people will eat it up. I've seen some of the most god-awful shit in the other QC threads with these god-damned faggots who've never played Quake.

Team Fortress 2 is open source but not free software. You can still make mods. See: TF2C

Bump for the effort.

I tried it out of morbid curiosity. One thing that stuck out to me is how much harder the levels are to read compared to Q3A's level design.

Nice posts but really it's better if we just dont talk about it. Screencap for posterity

Only because of a leak. TF2C's development team had to seek special permission from Valve which is unlikely to be extended to other mods in future given Team Fortress 2's on-disk-DLC-based "monetization" model.

I agree and I'm sick of that "hero shooter with a unique special ability" shit.

On a video titled "Why It's Hard To Be An Honest Youtuber" TotalBiscuit left this comment. Note that he was not mentioned at all in the video. Why is he allowed to make comments on other people's videos and yet comments are disabled on his own? Really makes you think.

It's very common now to see "reviewers" of anything shit defend it by talking about and attacking other reviews and the audience rather than the actual thing they are supposed to be reviewing. TotalBiscuit did the same with "Quake" Champons. He claims "id software" has to make it the way it is (press q to win) because people have shown they aren't interested in Q3A style games. To prove that he lists a series of terrible "arena shooters" that failed.

I watched some footage of "Quake" Champons. The character was Slash. She (?) kept saying stupid phrases and sticking her finger up at nothing. That and the voice was extremely obnoxious. Terrible voice actor with no charm. The characters alone ruin the game for me. I don't want to have to listen to all that shit. The next thing that annoyed me was all the UI shit covering the screen. None of it is needed. If I want to see the score I press tab. I also don't give a fuck about how much XP I am earning (more normalfag bullshit) or see my character's portrait. Thirdly the other players have fucking arrows floating over their heads, friendly or enemy. That should be in instant 0/10 for any legitimate player.

So no chance to remove all the shit from the UI and get rid of the repulsive Overwatch/Battleborn elements. Disgusting.

It looks like it.

Expand on this please.

I saw someone play it and it looked fine.

I'm not a huge fan of multiplayer arena shooters in general, I usually go for the single player, but there's really nothing wrong with this one. What's the big complaint about it you have op? Just that they're doing the whole class thing?

Why isn't this cuck dead yet?

Nu-Quake will never have this

I read all of that comment and all I got out of it was

…which is exactly true. What am I supposed to be enraged by here?

Let me know when anyone else is allowed to respond to TB on his videos. The point is he is a liar, a hypocrite, a cuck and a shill who defends terrible industry practices. What sort of cunt would do that apart from you?

If you and I sign a contract, you're legally obliged to not break that contract, regardless of its nature or what industry it's part of. Shitting on TB doesn't change this, nor does it make what he said any less true.

You know, I thought people here could use their brain at least to some extent.

I'm a 20something. I never played Quake back when because I was too young. However, I've been an active member of various arena shooter communities for over 8 years. I've been playing on a consistent basis all sorts of these arena shooters (QW being my favorite.) I've built friendships over Quake. One of my best friends I met because we were part of the same Quake community and lived in the same city. I've had the best times of my life going to LANs on a regular basis with a bunch of other rad fellas. I've been making maps and modding these games for years. Quake is my fucking life, and this nigger has the balls to say it's all nostalgia? I've met 40somethign year olds who played back in the day who are eating this goddamn garbage up like a hot fudge sundae on happy hour (QC.) But instead of chocolate it's watery, sloppy liquid shit.

The argument that Quake wouldn't appeal to people today is fucking retarded. I've introduced tons of people to Quake and other similar games over the years. These are people that have CONSISTENTLY been playing Quake for many years. Not just once a month or some dumb shit like some faggot hipster would, I mean on a very regular basis. Scouring IRCs for matches/organizing things and whatnot. The insane lengths you can go to for combustibility these days are so much more than they were back then. With modern sourceports these games will continue to live on. People are still making very high quality mods to these games F O R F R E E. Bethesda just wants to appeal to investors because they're a public company and investors are retarded 60 year old Jewish men from NYC who don't know their heads from their asses. They don't play video games. They'll be told about how their customers "will be seamlessly integrated into a cutting edge matchmaking system, and assigned global ranking statistics for maximum customer satisfaction and personal investment in the game's community marketplace." Words like this please them. They are nothing more than monkeys in suits. You can't sell them on "We made a really good game that people will like a lot and probably tell their friends about!" That drives them away like flies. You know how you go drive in a city and a swarm of cars comes jetting out of a lane and you sit there in awe thinking about the sheer magnitude of gas powered metal machines that are passing by? It's a similar effect. Your company is deserted. Daily reminder that Venture Capitalism is not Capitalism, and it's an abomination of everything this great nation stands for.

This entire argument is fucking bullshit. I haven't "played" Quake. I PLAY Quake. In the present tense. Total Ass Cancer doesn't know shit about Quake spare some autistic Quake Live commentaries he did years ago where all he did is screech like a fucking idiot. I also mod Quake. Hell, I was working on a map earlier today for a larger project that's been off and on the back burner for a while.

You might be wondering why I'm bitching so hard out of nowhere, but before you kick and scream about blogposting, have have some context here: I'm being told by this baboon a bunch of bullshit that is so blatantly false that it makes HRC look like Honest Abe, and ever the worse a bunch of normalfags are eating it up and accepting it as fact. Basically invalidating everything I hold dear to me to the public masses and putting me on a cross to die while I watch my favorite game get turned into a fucking ASSFAGGOTS game. I'm not accepting this shit. Fuck Quake Champions. I'm gonna keep playing QuakeWorld until the day I fucking die and nobody's going to stop me. Not TotalBuiscit, not Behtesda, and certainly not any of these wideass drycunt shills.

we are talking about the same faggot whom does not understand why people don't like DMC, he thinks its because of the hair. Not because the combat is retard easy that a normalfag can make a move that gets an s-rank. And when a old school dmcfag played the game they where pissed because it had no challenge even on the hardest difficulty.
Sure the levels looked cool n shit but when you have bare-bones combat its pointless.

The closest to a dmc game in recent years are platnium games.

Don't remind me.
It was more primitive but god-damn I thought it was cool as shit in it's own right.

they're specifically trying to cram anti-consumer practices into established series so that when they're ready to try and make these things illegal, the founder of Zenimax is a major DNC funder, they'll have a more believable case.

It's the age of entitlement.

You know, that insult they use when you bitch about a series begin taken out back, raped, butchered, then brought back around in make-up like it's a fresh whore. That insult they use when you complain that something is one half finished, and half the content in on disc but locked behind a pay wall, or the fact that simple patches take years to come out. That word entitlement that they love to throw around so much. Well that's what they are, and that's the way they think. They think everyone is entitled to have fun, everyone is entitled to win, and no one should have to work to obtain the skills needed to do it. That's all modern games are; the illusion of winning something in return for $65 plus whatever else they manage to squeeze out of you through DLC.

They're going to take everything you love and ruin it for normalfags. Anything with a hint of a reputation for begin hard/obscure/cool with the weebs will be exploited for profit. The worse part is after they ruin everything they are going to move on to something else we all love and the normalfags that allowed it will lap that up too.

Wouldn't it make more sense for them to be funding the Right? Given how they've been doing nothing but eroding consumer rights in favor of big business since day one.

Rule number one of politics and kikes: They play both sides. If they are playing one and not the other it's only because it suits them at that place and time.

Every other game in the series was made open source years after release. I doubt new id Soft will be continuing the tradition with the extremely protectionist policies and business strategies of Zenimax, I can bet Carmack will be disgruntled about it.

The game is poorly designed in general, you know how the number 1 issue with Quake is that it's extremely snowbally? Well, guess what, they decided that if you kill someone it will drop a bunch of 5 HP items. The game doesn't have a very clear vision of what made the real Quake games so good. Once the game releases I'll probably play it but right now I have Reflex Arena and I'm plenty happy with it, if you like AFPS, I suggest you buy it, I don't know about the American community but the European community is plenty active after 19:00 2+ UTC and I can find a game fast, but you will be playing against the same people. The game also has legendary netcode, an amazing custom made game engine by a highly skilled developer that runs smooth as butter on any machine, amazing particle and lighting effects, good but simple artstyle that won't stay in the way that sort of reminds me of id Tech games with Picmip. It's a great game and I suggest you try it.

TB is a faggot.
Quake Champions is shit.
Keep trying.

The simplest explanation is that he's received money or gifts to defend the game. I don't know if that's true but it might as well be at this point. Anyway, they are using exactly the same argument to justify Dawn of War 3 as an ASSFAGGOTS. That failed for the same reasons.

Not only has he cancer in his ass but also in his brain

That's the charm of dmc1 Dante was just a cool dude, and the game was an experimental game in early ps2 days.

Not all games, there are still some that normalfags can't touch and gangrape. But again its kinda a question of time before someone fucks it gangrape the shit out of it.

Daily reminder to play Unreal Tournament 4 and find games via the hubs, not the quick play or the server browser

Incoming autistic shitflinging in 3… 2… 1…

It's pretty clear from your post that you either watched a youtube video or read a "gaming news" article rather than sitting down and playing the game. Additionally:

2/10 i replied

This is extremely low quality bait.

Still think it's hilarious that it was originally RE4.

And yet you give me (You). Next, you'll tell me how not mad you are and post some smug anime girls, right?

Did this fucker play UT2k4? What fucking classes? And this nigger keeps saying that Arena Shooters are dead because games with no marketing or are streamer bait aren't popular? Fuck this guy.

(You)

This + the old quake live. I've given up on most modern shooters anyway.

This is equivalent to hating fun. Mods can only add to a game and to specifically go after them for a developer is shooting yourself in the foot.

I don't know much about Quake, but this frag video is mesmerizing to watch.

It's free and actually good

i bet thats from one of his streams, where his true nature of a total prick comes out every fuckin time

I don't even know where to begin. Did the cancer get to his brain already?

Gee I fucking wonder why f2p toxicc sucks.

Why do you keep spreading these lies. Toxxik has its own flaws but you can play with all guns and items on 4 maps or so with the free version

That's a lie, you can play on more than 2 maps and you can use all guns on that map.

I had that garbage installed 1 month ago. Maybe you should go and try that *free* version.

If there really were more maps then whatever rotation there was never allowed me on them. There was 1 map with a mech and snipers and 1 jungle themed map with snipers again. And there never were more than 4 people online.

Yessssss

Mod developers are the same kids who dress up on fursuits and post on deviantart. Why would I want content from those people?

Yep. I don't think I made a webm of it but there was another moment during the same stream where he was praising the micro-transaction system (it's the same as Overcucks and nuDooM multiplayer).

Isn't Toxikk the one that has no server browser for the free version?

Then you were just unlucky, if I only get Dust 2 in counter strike that doesn't mean the game doesn't allow any other map.

I can't really select on which maps I can play you know ? If I was stuck there for 2 hours on 2 maps, you wouldn't really expect of me to wait another 2 hours just to get that one fun map. This is the sort of F2P that really makes you feel like you are absolutely wasting your time.

Yes.

The hatred towards the newest installment in the Quake series is nothing new, Q2fags hated Q3A as much as QWfags hated Q2.

You guys are a bunch of idiots.

I'm low on cash how do I sign up?

Here's a Quad for (You)>>12626362

Nice projecting/parroting some faggot on Jewtube. Just goes to show that you didn't even read the OP post and proved it right.

All 4 games are great in their own right (yes even 4.)
Quakefags hated Quake 2 because Quake 2 literally wasn't Quake at all. It's a really shitty singleplayer game with a kickass multiplayer that hosts the tightest fucking duels you will ever find in an arena shooter. It makes no sense to say Q2fags hated Quake 3 because Q3 was literally an evolution of Quake 2.

No faggot. You are the problem. Switching the core mechanics, but putting the old label on is always looking for brand-loyal morons.
And you are one of those.
But it's not the same team making those games. This is another example of blind brand loyalty. These are the blizzcucks who buy everything blizzard does, the biodrones etc.
There is no cure for you people.

This reminds me of how many people have just mailed John Carmack 20 dollar bills because they either pirated Doom/Quake in their youth and felt bad about it, or didn't want to give money to ZeniMax so they pirated Quake in the contemporary day.

Can't dupe the supe.

I need to remeber to do that for the doom iwads.

I think these are more offensive than the addition of classes to Quake. It kills any potential community that could ever exist. There aren't enough Quake fans remaining for the decision to be made to retain the pure arena shooter gameplay for the sole reason that it would not be profitable since it does not emulate the most successful multiplayer titles on the market. I can understand, but not agree with why they added classes. But to remove all those features is pure lunacy.
Having played Champions, it plays mediocre, nothing special. But when you look at the customization options, I have never seen a system that begs for actual cash more than this one and I have played CS:GO, Overwatch, Hearthstone, New TF2. Not only does everything have an incredibly high price, but only one of THREE loot crates can be bought with the in-game currency that is earned at a pathetic rate. It's the worst a F2P game can offer. As well as giving you only one class from the start with the option of RENTING others for a single twenty four hours unless you pay real money. It's disgusting and I wish them the worst.
I don't think arena shooters could ever come back unless they were under the Quake name. Here's the Quake name, but there is no arena shooter in sight.

And the companies take another. QuakeWorld's the go-to multiplayer game among me and some dudes, lots of shit's been shot over a quake match throughout the years. I still remember when I was introduced to the game all those years ago and didn't know you could +mlook.
Now it's fucking hero based horseshit of all things. This is going to be the common face of Quake from now on. I suppose the silver lining is that they didn't have the audacity to call it QUAKE or something like that.
Though it has a heart of C, I'll be applying the philosophy of OOP to this one. The Quake I know is what I'll take to my grave, damn the jews and their hands.

Truly poetic.

I didn't play the beta but even if it's purely cosmetic, the RNG loot system is still a scam if they allow duplicates to drop. Sure, you can convert them into in-game currency (usually into a really, really, really small sum) but it's a scam because you will never get the thing you want.

So, you hate it because it's not a classical arena shooter? Because basically it's a game of a slightly different genre that you don't like? I don't get you tbqh.

It's absolutely not the same game at all. Quake is Quake, not ASSFAGGOTS. Every single "Hero" based shooter is pure dogshit. Also, not to mention all the other casual bullshit being implemented. However, the greatest sin of all is the fact that there is going to be no mod support.
Also let's not forget the fact that this was the ONE chance arena FPS had to revive itself, and they fucking blew it.

If you can't understand this then you don't play Quake, and therefore don't understand the magnitude of this travesty.

All modern consumers of gaming know is trash. They'll keep buying it while perpetuating ever-lowering standards.

You cannot get rid of them. They are programmed to think & react to certain stimuli in a certain pattern. You cannot change their mind even if you expose them to authentic information. Even if you prove white is white & black is black. You still cannot change the basic perception & illogical behavior. In other words, for these people, the process of demoralization is complete & irreversible. To rid society of these people you need another 20 or 15 years to educate a new generation, - Yuri Bezmenov

B-b-but it's a beta! Seriously though, it's a bit too early to condemn the game for features it doesn't have (yet), however there's plenty an argument to be made of how the current core design of QC is a cancerous turd which would persist even if you fixed most technical problems.

The thing is that he isn't wrong, but doesn't realize that Quake Champions is simply not the answer to reviving arena shooters, but he's probably stuck up on his PURISTS LOL argument to even consider that.

The reasons for that being is that most 'innovations' and changes to the Quake formula Quake Champions brings are either inferior or strictly surface-level. For example, you'd think each character having his own unique ability changes how the game is played entirely, right? The thing is that it doesn't at all. Standard Quake gameplay applies most of the time, rather the abilities don't really add anything to the game at all. The cooldowns on their usage prevents the game from being focused on them, yet the effects of the abilities are either one-sided advantages to whoever is using them, strictly situational, or additional damage dealing abilities. Most of them do not even change the way you approach Quake in general, let alone in a good way or a way which allows for some interesting counterplay to happen in front of the eyes of viewers that doesn't feel cheap. When they're used it will usually just annoy you because most of the abilities force you in the defensive since there's no real viable methods of counterattacking other than running away, countering with another ability which is just some gay 'I picked the better champion so I win' shit, or keep shooting as usual. You fucking tell me how you can play around rechargeable medkits and wallhacks. At most they're annoying, but there's nothing that warrants their existence in the game outside of forcing new things for the sake of new things or focusing on team modes instead, even though you're still stuck using team-oriented characters for a 1v1 mode.

The funny thing is that the statistical differences between champions are more likely to play a larger role in the flow of combat than abilities ever will. In a rail duel you can tell a light champion to fuck off with one rail if he doesn't want to die after you rail him a second time, or how heavier champions are nowhere as able to control maps to the same extent lighter and faster champions can, considering speed is essential. Then there's blatant shit like the Super Nailgun being completely inferior to the Plasma Gun in every way conceivable, the Lightning Gun being placed around too frequently for such a potentially powerful weapon, and the fucked ruleset of Duel which encourages careful turtling and railgun poking even further while making comebacks impossible in a game where snowballing is a common occurrence.

In short, OP is being a raging faggot for the wrong reasons.

fucking hell that art is trash

TF2 (wasnt) shit, dirty bomb isnt shit, I'm sure it's not the class shooter formula but rather how it's implemented

nuquake fails because their classes are really bland and boring, but worst of all they try to play them on a quake enviorment where they dont fit at all. The game's a mixture and an abomination as a result, from what I've played it's just not fun to have different classes and abilities and being stuck on a deathmatch arena. They didnt add mod support because someone would make a better game (either a "classic mode or game modes more fit for the classes like koth or something)

I dont know why it's set to sage by default

is this real?

TF2 isn't a "hero" shooter it's a respectable class based shooter with gameplay mechanics well developed enough to deserve that title. Also considering it's development history, you can clearly see why it was such a great game. There was over 10 years of thought put into it throughout the various versions before the final official release. Haven't played Dirty Bomb so I couldn't tell you.

You have to admit it says something when LEAGUE OF FUCKING LEGENDS is more fair with it's usage of ingame currency. At least that lets you buy new characters with ingame currency entirely; this shit only lets you fucking rent them. Is it real time or ingame time? I want to know how long their noses are. I got in closed beta but I can't play longer than a single fucking match since this shit eats up my god damn memory like candy.

Allow me to make a case here:

We have like, 4-5 versions of Quake 3 now. We have Q3:A, CPMA, Open Arena, Quake Live, and Reflex. You might count Warsow or Xonotic. These are all practically the same game, with minor changes to the physics, weapon damages, map layouts, etc. Obviously Warsow and Xonotic have more differences, but even they're very close to being the same game. Every one of them is only a patch or two away from being identical to any other one.

None of them have sold very well. None of them have a very high number of concurrent players at any given time, or maximum number of concurrent players. Not even Unreal Tournament 4 is very popular right now, and that's free.

Now ostensibly, we want to see an arena shooter revival, but given sales numbers, why would a sane developer or publisher want to do this? The Reflex kickstarter failed after all and they had to self fund the development using early access.

So here's the question, if arena shooters are unprofitable, then why not let them shake up the formula a bit and see whether it works or not? If it's an abomination to all that is holy about arena shooters, the old ones still exist, you can go play those. Hell knows the Smash Bros Melee community has stuck it out for an older version of the game, as has the Starcraft Brood War community.

If you guys are really so upset with this version of the game, then you'll need to mobilize as a community to establish an alternative and draw in new players, by doing things to expand the appeal of the games you love and working to foster and teach new players. Hell knows there's a bunch of different versions of Quake 3 you can pick from.

Basically, let QC have its chance. Keep playing the games you enjoy. They won't disappear because QC is released. We really don't need another Q3 clone, because frankly, we've gotten a *ton* already and the numbers don't suggest that they perform well financially. If you want to change that, then you'll need to work for it by bolstering the community for arena shooters yourselves.

Chuck? Is that you?

Total Cancer. I still play Tribes 2, even if like 30 people remaining. Every day I join and have fun, and if new tribes games are made and are not an improvement, I WILL NOT PLAY THEM, so fuck you.

The same game I've fawned over and played the kongregate version of since freshman year is getting swallowed into the fucking trend of TF2 ripoffs and I don't know how to appropriately react

>life
wew

In that autistic rant he did bring up two good points. People bitch about every new Quake and all the arena shooters that are out have low population.

Here comes the part where you tell me who isn't.

I doubt Valve can actually open the source code of their engine even if they would want to. After all, it uses such proprietary 3rd Party things like HAVOC.

It's not a completely horrible game, sure, but you do have low standards if you still enjoy it after having played something better. Technically, the whole reason this game is being even discussed at all is because it has "QUAKE" in the title. If you look at this game separately from its franchise, it's not that terrible, just mediocre.

Make a Bethesda account, sign up for it. It's like the UT4 alpha.

Don't get so mad about him. Do you really expect YouTube game reviewers to actually dig deep down into the subject? Come on!

He and many others started doing this shit for fun, yeah, but now they do it for money – it's their job. They don't care about who's right and who's wrong. A new game comes out and you gotta review it.

Besides, what would happen if he would actually talk about how shitty Q:C is and how amazing the previous games in the series were? What would you or the some other user from this board get from it? A bunch of kids and 20+ teenage maximalists in the comments under his video agreeing with him and suppressing the opposite views?

He said that other people don't matter but he fails to see that he does not matter himself. Nobody gives a shit about TB nor about anyone else. It doesn't matter whether you shill or red-pill, your reward is awlays the same – a bunch of anonymous Internet users agreeing with you in the comment section. People always were eating shit and they will continue to eat shit. Just embrace the exclusivity of the community you're a part of.

Besides, I kinda doubt that it's really possible to make a 100% in-depth review of some game (implying that this game has so much to cover in the first place) while being a general-purpose video game reviewer. I mean, I'm a fan of Quake too, and also of Doom and mostly of Half-Life. Obviously, no matter how good the review of my favourite game will be, I won't be satisfied unless it's a multiple-part documentary about everything related to the game starting from how its engine works.

Check out Dota 2 some time. That game sells literally everything. Characters cosmetics, environmental decorations, map skins, UI skins… The list goes on. The prices can get pretty hight too.

Some of those are free user. Also the engine technology is ancient. It was flashy for graphics fags in 1998 but not today, and the masses need some bullshit that marketing can use to draw their attention.

Arena is boring repetitive shit lmao, that's why they weren't trying to revive it.

This along with that Spoony rant really reminds me the internet has no heros.

And that's exactly what they did. You act like they made this game completely about the abilities and character classes when the abilities don't really come into play that much at all and really only serve to save your ass a few times, which you would know if you actually played the game you are supposedly so autistically angry about. I'm honestly convinced that everyone complaining about Quake Champions on this board have never played any arena shooter past 20 hours and are just trying to fit in.

AFPS IS THE GENRE THAT FREED ITSELF FROM THE GAME INDUSTRY JEWS.
THE GAME INDUSTRY JEWS COMPLAINS HE CAN NOT PROFIT FROM AFPS.
THE GAME INDUSTRY JEW PROCLAIMS AFPS DEAD.

I wish they should've made a Quake 1 like SP game with this type of arena movement instead of another boring cuck 3 sequel. Serious Sam sucks despite having a lot of fanbase, if only they knew how thirsty people are for singleplayer games. Just let this archaic genre die.

Get this casual garbage out of here.

Xonotic has strafe jumping.
Auto-hop, the trick jumps are based on ramps, not double jumps.

I was talking about how to sigh up to shill. I'm low on cash, I don't actually want to play this garbage.

$10 has been deposited to your account.

Sorry, I have no patreon.

I'd rather have had a thread about TotalAsscancer than another thread reiterating what we already know about modern garbage FPS games like Overwatch

PS:

This is wrong. And god so help me if you think you can paint the entire game with a single ultimate ability that takes 60 seconds to build up and lasts for 5 seconds for one single character out of the 15 or whatever characters it has. Then you're more lying and deceptive than even the worst Blizzard/Bethesda has to offer.

I was talking about Overwatch, If you think the game doesn't aim for you, you're retarded. Have you seen those hitboxes? Shit's worse than CS:S.

That's also not "aiming for you". Fuck off, you're worse than the video game companies you claim to hate.

1 shekel has been deposited into your account.

Fuck off you piece of shit jew. You had your chance to admit your original statement was too emotionally loaded and imperfect. Now you've just outed yourself as a lying deceptive jew.

How the fuck is that a lie you nigger? You can look at all the embarrassing bullshit on any Jewtube video if you search Overwatch Hitbox. More shekels have been deposited into your account.

Its almost like you expected to be called a jew because your behaviour always gets you called a jew and now you're super triggered.

Fuck off jew.

Why don't they just take the Quake sourcecode and then make a new game written in a Quake-like manner, just private servers do with WoW? If you want to work on a private server, a lot of those teams require Blizzard-like coding.
Just make the same fucking game with better netcode and graphics. Slap an Osu!-esque
UI design and ranking system onto it and there you go.

If the hitbox is fuck-huge the game practically aims for you. How is this NOT equivalent? The hitboxes are so big that they span the same area that autoaim would, but instead of moving the cursor to a smaller hitbox, it just has a bigger Hitbox to seem more legit to the (((eSports community.))) If you can't grasp this concept you should consider visiting a psychiatric help institution. Stop arguing semantics and go back to Overwatch you little faggot. You're the one that plays it, you must know
everything about it!

QW has a serverlist run by quakeservers.net that is built into FTEQW (which is basically the standard multiplayer stack/client for the game now)
Lots of people play Quake, but they're not listed on the serverlist. They're prvatel hosted and mostgame are organized through IRC channels in quakenet (and to be fair it's kind of always been like that. The only difference is those who used public servers have vanished while everyone else stayed.)

There's a shitload of graphics mods and stuff for quake but most people don't care. If t ain't broke don;t fix it I suppose. It would be indicative of a problem if nobody played Quake, but people do so whatever.

Fuck off jew.

That game is written from the ground up, not a modification.

Correct, you already proved that you're a fucking jew and now I'm just here to trigger you since jews hate being called a jew more than anything else.

Isn't it close enough?

What kind of backwards world do you live in?

Jew #2 spotted.

Don't Bother. Overwatch is babies first FPS. They don't know what makes a good game. It's like the anons on Holla Forums saying Injustice is good because it has batman in it.

So you admit you're here to shit up the thread.
Also kikes make up less than 1% of the population. The probability of me being Jewish is ludicrosuly low, yet you still use it as a scapegoat. Even if I was a kike I still wouldn't play that piece of shit Overmeme. I'd commit blood sacrifice of myself to John Carmack. Go back to the kiddie pool.

But you do support Overwatch, Your god-awful posts are indicative of this.

As I said I'm just here to call you a jew until you leave or own up to your mistakes. And you will never own up to your mistakes because you're a filthy deceptive lying jew who thinks he can impose his version of reality instead of the one everyone else lives by.

More jewish attempts at bending reality and unmaking statements already made.

Well there is one point he makes - if you want to play Quake 3, go and play Quake 3.
I mean when I want to play UT2k4, I go and play that.

nop

You blatantly defended that piece of shit in your posts. I'm going to assume I got baited good at this point and filter your sorry ass. You win kike.

Good luck with that.

ayy lmao smh

WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I HATE CHANGE

I fucking love watching you faggots cry over your old sacred cow franchises, first Duke, then Doom, now this, I love it, the tears of you faggots are so delicious.

Best thing, Quake Champions is bound to be more successful than Quake ever was and if you search for info on Quake you'll get champions most of the time.

The Eternal (1) strikes again.

Low quality bait.

And yet you reply. Stop being part of the problem.

How could he possibly know that the first few Duke games were side scrollers?

Next you'll say that Gears of War revolutionized third-person shooters.

No, this is.

Duke was always supposed to be a caricature of the way the US sees itself, makes sense they'd make him into a liberal wanker now.

back to Holla Forums

I want to put a baby inside Laura "Identify as an Apache attack helicopter" Southern.

Why Tim Alan? I ignore all mainstream media so I often have no idea about things "everyone" is expected to know about, did he say something to get branded racist?

The quake franchise sold 10s of millions of units. I doubt Quake champions will even have a 3rd as many players daily.

He got kicked out for having a new sitcom that wasn't lefty/feminist propaganda

He has a show "Last Man Standing" where he'll often take the piss out of leftist garbage. It's not that great but at least some media isn't fucked up.

Holla Forums has gone down the shitter, literal fucking jewess on it.

Holla Forums still believes in Donald Trump. And I do mean believe because its entirely based on religious faith at this point.

There's six or seven seasons, five of which are in syndication.

Holla Forums has had shitskin mods for a while now, and you think it FINALLY has gone down the shitter?

Holla Forums's leadership invited r/the_donald in and predictably had their culture and customs washed away by unassimilated masses and became a colony. It's pretty funny.

Oh no, Garrison is a supreme cuck, pepe is le nigger frog, moon man is a KKK skinhead who are the original controlled opposition, shits been pozzed for way longer, probably the few loyal to the belief polster are actually shitposting on Holla Forums.

Holla Forums was crying "god emperor" and shit long before I ever heard anything about this reddit page. In fact I think I remember someone mentioning it being created post-religious worship.

actual Holla Forumsacks moved to /polk/ or meguca Holla Forums

Sure thing bud.

To hell you say

I wish I had one of those smileys to paste this on

I'm amused that nobody in this thread mentioned Team Arena. The expansion for Q3 that pretty much foreshadowed all of this shit.

The Quake franchise has this strange horrible curse where each game completely fucks off the people that liked the previous game, because they completely ignore whatever made the current game great when they make the next one.

Quake 1 - Amazing multiplayer when Quakeworld dropped. Quake 2 then rocked along with it's singleplayer focus.

Quake 3: Absolutely no singleplayer whatsoever

Quake 3 team arena: The expansion nobody asked for

Quake 4 - Anyone even remember this game? Shonky singleplayer with bad graphics, plus a barely functional multiplayer. Return to Q1 colour palette (or worse)

Quake live: Yeah thanks, take quake 3 and just release it with no mod support, no OSP, no custom maps, and a subscription/account model layered on top.

And yet somehow through all of this fuckery still one of the greatest game series of all time.

Holla Forums created /r/the_donald. It was established as a missionary outpost to spread the word to the faggots. It used to call out the Jews in its early days, something I'm surprised it never got called out on during the election. Moderator "shakeups" due to doxxing the original mod team, likely with the assistance of reddit administrators, made it kosher and it is now of no further value. Overall it was a massive success in raising the profile of the ongoing white genocide and Jewish involvement. We need many more wins like it.

You reminded me of the name, but I have no memories of the game itself.

paladins is closer to tf2 than overwatch is, and battleborn is super monday night combat

wait why am i in a Holla Forums damage control thread?
well, here you go

That game is gonna be fucking Trump-tier instigator of shitposting in the following months.

Sorlag trailer coming out soon?

I find it funny FC5 is a game criticizing the US made by people who don't live in the US.
Ubisoft is mostly made up of leafs and frogs, I think.

Which is why I think they don't really intend it to be as political as people here hype it out to be. They've seen just some documentaries and movies of the scary hick-counties and their Jesus-camps somewhere between the costs. They just thought that they could take that and turn it into villains that haven't really been done before. Someone was crying it to be a white christian murder simulator, but please, that's SJW-tier train of thought. Might as well call middle-east war games "brown people murder simulators" or traditional straight romances as "male sexual dominance fantasies".

Thanks, here you go

video games

Ubisoft has been Trudeaued, see Watch_Dogs2 or the bullshit that they're using for their Rabbid/Mario game.

This is as retarded as that SJW making fun of the GG general because we weren't in space by Feb 2017.

Be that as it may, there was still a surprising amount of redpilled folks gone blackpilled after webm related in the ensuing shitstorms. Obviously Holla Forums going to space is just a joke, but when it comes to the internet's predictions over presidencies, Poe's Law is the only thing you can know for certain.

ah yes, merely pretending

Because it brings satisfaction and it awares people. The problem once again stems from people not being able to critically think and needing an authority figure to decide what's good or not. These authority figures however are a bunch of cronies that don't know what objectivity is, or they do know or abstain from it due to ego, being able to change or sway public opinion or for money. The ones that are objective you'd notice that their Youtube channels aren't big and have a relatively small sized audience. Peoples brain are too wired for sensationalism and not deep intricate subjects that require depth, time and dedication.

We have a What Makes a good Review thread and one user posted how to objectively review/judge a game starting from how it technically performs to what genre it is based on, to narrative.

Also, while I can understand OP's grievances he didn't objectively explain, to a unknown player of Quake, WHY Quake Champions is bad. He didn't say anything about maps, the map space, the time, the movement, weapon and weapon balance, etc. To a new player you have to explain these things, not just say it's an "Overwatch clone don't play it" when they probably haven't played Overwatch either. An unknown would probably tell OP to fuck himself and that he was going to try the game anyways because he didn't give a solid factual statement as to why Quake Champions is objectively inferior to it's predecessors.

There's (apparently) you and then there's the wankers below you who didn't get the memo. You don't need to pity those guys.

Can you link this thread or an archived version of it, please?

PORN WHEN?

8ch.net/v/res/12587701.html

Thanks.

Also, check my CAPTCHA.

stop shilling>>12626182
It's jewish bullshit

the engine contract is of that sort, and there's hats
that's it

They fund both sides of politics. Also Donald Trumps brother is on their board, and the CEO openly endorsed Trump during the election. Whilst at the same time funding the DNC and using CBS news to go against Trump.

This is identical to what EA did during the Romney v Obama era, EA was giving money to both sides. Tldr Publishers are all Jewish.

We already talked about this in the last "Quake sucks" thread archive.is/c6554

For projectiles, hitscan is still decent sized, also keep in mind that the game doesn't feature acceleration, you go at top speed every time you move, it makes it a lot more difficult to aim than many other FPS.

I honestly found overwatch more difficult to get a grip on the aim than any other FPS i've played, and i've played a lot of them with at least quite avarage skill.

Quite above avarage skill*

Disregarding Holla Forums pagan-larping; the vikings did absolutely nothing wrong. The eternal anglo is the thorn in the backside of honest, heart-filled europe. The Scandinavians have unfinished business.

arenafags are the same as RTSfags

Completely unaware that their genres are dead

Are you fucking retarded? Ever been to any RTS thread? Everybody there knows there are no new rts games. Everyone just shitposts about which C&C is the best.

We have games, but our games are shit. Look at DoW3 and all of the upcomming console RTS games.
Halo wars, sudden strike 4, ancestors and some more.
It would be better if we were fully dead. Now it's a coma.

thanks for the (You)'s

I personally think that the best middle ground for auto hop and manual hopping is what Reflex Arena does, jump buffering, if you hold down space mid air, you will jump instantly when you touch the ground, but when you keep holding it down next time you won't jump again again so you have to hold down space again, so you have to hold, release, hold, release.

Has minor differences like jump buffering as I said previously and you start off with a new weapon called the burst gun, which is essentially a 42 damage non-hitscan shotgun that does 6 damage a pellet.

Nigger are you gay? You can still play some of them online, Kane's Wrath has a pretty active community. Also Planetary Annihilation is playable too.

youre right that rts and arenafags are the same but for a different reason. the slightest changes to a bog standard formula causes massive discomfort, but when a new game does try to remain faithful it gets ignored. "why would i pay for a new game when i could stick with what i know"

wew.
Are the shills out and about pulling supposed information about afpsfags from absolutely nowhere?

2k4 had huge changes but people still played it.

How about just adding some extras without fucking the game up? New maps are welcome, new game mods are welcome too, weapons are okay. But if you change things like movement you basically change the core gameplay and it becomes something new and different.

Here is another (you). Now explain why a genre that still has games is dead.

anytime user, anytime

user said dead genre. There are no new RTSs coming out.

According to that logic multiplayer is dead entirely. How many new and good mp games do you know? All the good games are old, the point is people still play and enjoy them.

But RTSs are still dead. The ones that are played have very small communities compared to other genres.

small communities are good, big games like cs:go and dota are full of faggots.

I think they know that their genres are dead, I believe that they're just sick of the hipster-y bullshit of "wow it's just like playing an old school FPS, you know those games with the shotgun™ and the rocket launcher™" when talking about nuDooM or Quake Champions.

I have been realizing this more and more. People ban me for D&C but really fuck the Anglo

But new RTS are still steadily being released

I want to frag the lizard

That voice is fucking worse than the female argonian from skyrim.

I bought it a few months back and it's fucking dead

Jump buffering is in Quake Live too.

Fair on the burst gun though.

Why are they making Varg a Christian?