Ask an expert

Here's a simple question for you Holla Forums

What game are you the best at to the point where you think you could easily belong in the top 100 players in the world of that game?

Something you are extremely knowledgeable on, have memorized, played thousands of hours, can be any game SP or MP, no matter how obscure or popular, whether you speedrun it or play it competitively.

A game you could answer any question about.

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/crawl/crawl/pull/512
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The Witcher 1. It's the only RPG where I've gone through every possible story path and combed through every bit of content it has to offer multiple times.

I am korean. I am ubermensch and best at everything. There's no video game i can't be pro of.
Soon we will take north korea and beat you all at real life too.

I was top 200 in Nosgoth (rest in peace), and I probably could've gone into the top 100 if I gave enough of a shit to play ranked for anything more than the skins you would get.

Assault Android Cactus, I'm currently in the top 10. not that it's that much of a thing when the top 5 is borderline inhumanely good compared to anyone else

Dyad and anyone can play that.
I think I was number one in the world at one point. Shit game, though.

I don't have the thought to be the best at anything. Once I get good enough all I want to do is turn my brain off and roll over worse players.

I spend unhealthy amount of time on dungeon crawlers like rescue team red and stone soup. I dont even try to min max or anything, I go with stuff I already now it's retarded and try to make it work over, and over

Not really best, just the most autistic about In Memoriam (released as "Missing: Since January" in burgerland). It was a game that essentially simulated an ARG, making you look through a number of websites put online for the purposes of the game. I was a teenager at the time and went pretty autistic about this game, spurring a fan website to be made. The devs went to said website occasionally. They eventually made sort of a follow-up riddle based on a dozen or so usernames. My username was at the top. Another follow up riddle later involved the ISBN of a book I had made quite a big deal of finding and purchasing, making me the only one realistically able to solve it.

I've finished the first S.T.A.L.K.E.R about 25 times vanilla and perhaps 20 with various mods. The fastest i finished it was probably 40-30 mins.

Jedi Academy multiplayer

Secret of Mana.

probably top 1,000-10,000 in typing of the dead.

Not really hard games anyway but probably Batman Arkham games, the first two. Me and my friend even had a bet that I couldn't finish Arkham Asylum without taking damage once on hard and I won, also trying to get high scores in challenges and shit. I 100%ed it without skipping cutscenes or any content in 10-12 hours something. I don't remember is this time good or is this even the correct time because that was when the game was still recent

I also replayed some RPGs to the point where I memorized everything in them so I guess I can count them too. But still in actual competitive games I played, like Quake 3,UT, Starcraft, SF, Tekken, etc etc I wouldn't even say I'm good, there are just shitload of people better than me

I was the best in arm wrestling when I was at high school, at least I have that going for me I guess

What would you suggest to someone wanting to get into STALKER for the first time?

I remember there were big infographs and essential mods, but it seems like a clusterfuck.

I once got to the 54th place worldwide in Deadstorm Pirates solo mode in PS3. Then again, you just need to hold the trigger and jerk it like it was your dick.
Rail shooters are my childhood.

Not that guy, but, the order in which you play them is by release, get Zone Reclamation Project or the equivalent for your first playthrough, and set the difficulty to master. Optionally, get a mod that makes the guns shoot straight.

Terraria. I'm not proud of that.

Do you know of a mod that makes the enemies actual humans instead of superheroes? I'm tired of soldiers that can survive a whole AP 5.56 magdump or Freedomers going into anomalies without any damage whatsoever.

Well, I've been playing Clear Sky with the better ballistics mod that comes with SRP, and I've been killing shit in one headshot, or a few makarov rounds to the chest.

Does it work with CoC? I've never had that kind of problem BUT in this mod especially.
Thanks for the info by the way.

I've never been good at any vidya. I have 600 hours in mount & blade on steam and I still get beaten by people who just started.

I'm not sure, but I think there's plenty of similar mods.

Don't worry, I'll figure it out. thanks.

Dynasty Warriors. I finished 7 Empire with only the two regeneration items equipped, lowering defense by around 40% for this, and no ultimate weapon either, using a Speedster growth, with Influence as the type of Experience to focus on. Even the most basic peon could two-shot me, enemy officers took ages to die, and a missed cue for an incoming Aerial Musou meant instant death. Last battle with no allies too, so I had to basically kill everyone myself.

Praise be catapult bases!

That they don't flinch going through them doesn't mean they are not taking any damage. I saw enough of them dead for trying to cross a field of electro anomalies.

One of the most resilient vidya communities I've ever seen, people just don't stop playing it. What are your thoughts on saberstaff and dual saber users?

Competitive pokemon. Was first on smogon in gen four and five.

He went into a fire anomaly, ignited himself two times, stayed into the fire for 3 seconds, cucked me out of an artifact, and got out like he went for a stroll. He even survived a headshot (but not two) after this.
I play on Master.

Okay

Doesnt matter.

Its competitive. Play to win. Use the best strategies and moves to win. Anything that gets banned creates a false meta and becomes a reddit hug box circlejerk

World of Warcraft, up until I quit during the MoP beta. A slew of world first kills, more US first kills than I cared about, an army of unwanted fanboys and stalkers, direct line of communication with various Blizzard dev teams; all backed by a tremendous amount of skill and knowledge gained from no-lifing the fuck out of the game.

How do you trigger the special fist weapon combo moves?

Oh, don't get me wrong, I agree completely. Smogon sucks, but it was (and still is) the most popular, so I had to play there. I didn't care about beating lesser competition.

Nothing at all. I just like to play vidya man

Tfw WC3 TFT 1v1 ladder is full of map hackers who I can beat anyways because they are fucking trash. It really hurts to not be able to have a good, fun competitive match.

Mega Man Battle Network series. There's only a handful of impressive players out there. Of all the speedruns and gameplay videos I've seen, Bong, Nip, and BR, I estimate that there are about 10-20 people better than me.

The closest I can think of it Mario Kart DS. At my peak, I was probably somewhere in the top 10,000 players, at the very least. Probably higher. 3-starred everything, and unlocked every staff ghost except for Yoshi Falls. Managed to knock off someone with a 600-0 record or something like that on wifi at one point.

APB: Reloaded

Helps that less than 3k players play it now, though.

Engine update soon fellow goy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :^)

Wanna tussle you frontin' ass bitch nigga? I'll mop yo ass down

FEAR, I've played that game so much.
I was ridiculously good at Tribes:Ascend rip ;_;.
I was also in the top 1000 players on Bad Company 2.

I was once No. 1 player in Toribash "Aikido" mode after many nights of grinding, being generally good and having figured out that one really powerful move.

Sorry for answering late but generally I accept both as parts of the game. I know too many autists who think that they're lame etc but whatever. I'm not too fond of dual sabers but I've used the staff a lot with great success. I miss this game, might as well try and see if the people are still on.

Aikido is for shitters, wushu is for real men.

Is it worth going back to or is it going to end up being a waste of my time ?
I only played for a month or so a few years ago.

If you enjoy customization and gameplay that requires you to git gud or eat shit, sure. And if you can stomach some cheese weapons.

If you only played for a month, you won't be good. Most players are veterans who have been playing since at least 2011-2012, and would shit all over you. Still, it's very good fun if you can find friends. If you take it seriously and rage, you'll have a terrible time, though. The customization still holds up better than anything else in existence in the current year.

Oh, and if you want to help your team while being brand new, get a car with mobile spawner, and buy an N-HVR, because even an one armed cripple could use a hitscan, two shot kill sniper rifle with literally pixel perfect accuracy.

Thanks laddos but

That's what I was fearing to be honest, I was already getting buttfucked a lot by veterans then, the only good times I had was when I was against people who were equally as terrible.

Hawken before open beta.
And then it was shit.

BF2.
Back in the clanbase days I was one of the best players of a well known clan.
Then I got bored and switched to PR.

Were you playing CoP? CoP makes NPCs invincible to anomalies for some reason in vanilla. SoC does not.

ZRP and optionally a graphics mod for the first game.

Its not a big deal, but Dead Rising, at least 72 Hour Mode and Overtime. I can go from level 1 to 50 in one playthrough, save every survivor, fight every psycho, get best ending.

Far Cry 2 and Resident Evil 4. I'm almost there for Silent Hill 2.

Those are also the only games I've ever played more than once. And I've beaten all three well over ten times. My life is hell. Kill me.

None. I am doomed to be consistently average at all games I play.

I can pretty much remember how to complete Final Fantasy 8 without looking at any guide

Pokémon Gold/Silver/Crystal and Perfect Dark.

this is gonna sound autistic but dark souls pvp

Nin2 Jump.
I am still top 5 or so, have held #1, and should really take it back.

It's awfully(U+200B was here) hard to accurately judge your skill to place yourself in a top 100 without some proper statistics or competitive results to back it up (beware of the dunning-kruger effect), but if I were to hazard a guess I think I could have been an absolute god at competitive play for the PC version of Call of Duty 4 back in its prime if I had found my way into it.

I absolutely curb stomped friends at LAN parties and people in online play. Lots of banging on tables, whining about weapons and unlocks, and ragequiting from my friends whenever I was around. I knew every single spawn location by heart and could perfectly predict people's next spawn location, and the exact timing they would turn a corner and I could pop them in the face. It was like I had wallhacks.

That fucking Unicode bug strikes again. Codemonkey fix your shit.

Constant ~9999 rating in Mario Kart Wii online playing splitscreen with my dad. Probably top 1000 at least. Fun times.

FUCKING TRY IT, PUSSY.

probably nothing, i'm not even terrible at games it's just i play so many that i'm not an expert at any of them. even games i dedicate a lot of time to like certain fighters or shooters will end up seeing extended periods of shelf time because more stuff i want to play will show up. its okay though cuz even in these dark times there's still lots of video games i want to play and lots of games i'll probably love

Easy, i ve been on top position consistently on Killer Instinct, the reboot of course

I will also use this pedestal to claim fighting games are shit, all of them.
I suppose any vidya will become shit for you when you play it to such autistic levels of performance that you don't even enjoy it anymore.

Probably just pic related at this point. I used to have encyclopedia knowledge of SimCity 3000 and Civilization II, but I haven't played either of those in a decade at least, so have likely forgotten everything.

Being good at a dungeon crawler may not amount to much, but god damn it is satisfying to abuse the battle system in this game.

top 50 in League of Assfaggots back when it mattered (S2 EU-West SoloQ Hero) so top 50 world.

Top 50 in western servers is like bottom top 100k in worst Korea.

Was in top 10 duelers in Reflex at my peak.

International Track&Fields i was like 47th or something like that at best, even had a world-record in Polevault, which was the maximum height but was the first one to get it.

Other than that i don't know, i think i'm good at Hockey-games, but whenever i play online all the controls and AI goes to shit.

UnReal World. It's a piece of shit, it's too easy.

Dungeon Crawl: Stone Soup (recently stopped playing though because it got pozzed, moved on to Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead and expect to be expert at that soon instead)

Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers.

Etrian Odyssey II.

The Last Blade 2.

Now for some embarrassing ones: Red Dead Redemption, Max Payne 3, and the worst of them all, Animal Crossing: New Leaf. I absolutely hate animal crossing, I wish I could eradicate it from existence, but I had Skype friends at the time who were really into it and I liked shitposting in the /vg/ generals so an accumulation of knowledge was inevitable.

It was pozzed from the instant it got taken over by the open source faggots, but cataclysm DDA is exactly the same, one of the lead devs is a self absorved tranny.

are there any politics in C:DDA though? i haven't noticed any so far in my two weeks of playing. DC:SS literally has a transgender ghost and they've been race swapping and gender swapping existing characters. also an entire branch was removed for being culturally appropriated or something, look into the enchanted forest branch.

i don't care if there's a tranny on the team so long as it doesn't turn my @ into a symbol for wimmins or something.

Yes there's a lot of SJW politics in the DDA repository, removing cisnormative sexual items and stuff.
We had a Holla Forums made mod to return all the shitlording to the game because of that and people were looking to start a Holla Forums branch of the game free from all the SJW takeover but it seems like it died.

Yeah SJWs are rampart on every open source thing to push their politics.
For example, this gem:
>github.com/crawl/crawl/pull/512
Gotta love how all those faggots never do anything but cut more and more content.

you seem to know more about the game than me, you should make a thread for DDA because i would be all over it now. i've only been playing for two weeks.
the only place to discuss it is the /rlg/ thread on 4chan, and there's no way i'm posting among those retards. i shitposted about DC:SS getting cucked and they pounced on me and dismissed it as a non-issue. they love jew dick. fuck those retards

We used to have a Cataclysm general thread back when GG was starting, I'm sure we have a lot of faggots who still play it around if you want to start up those threads again.

Unless we have a world ranked player here I seriously doubt anyone but the grossly arrogant would think they are in the top 100 globally of any game.

I'm in the top 5 of public sever R02 players in Australia that still play today, I'm not foolish enough to believe that there are less than 100 people anywhere on earth, still playing or not, that can't kick my ass.

I'm a little disappointed so many people here seem to think they are so fucking great that less than 100 people on earth could beat them.

-The first four Hitman games
-Megaman X1-X5, Zero series and ZX
I actually thought about attempting speedrunning
but never got around to it

Into the trash it goes

Ask me anything about Super Mario Strikers and Charged

You're probably one of those speed mode Moriya faggots
1v1 me on fightcade faggot,I'll wreck you with Lee

meant for

nay, i play amano power.
he's so good it feels cheap.
unfortunately i have a shit computer i bought a decade ago for a hundred bucks and even my rogue-likes have stuttering issues and crash.

also i forgot to mention ninja gaiden shadow, probably because it's really not that big of an achievement to be so good at it. i hate platformers and they kick my ass and yet i mastered it in two days because it's so easy.

It's not a surprise to be in the top 100 when only 500 or so people on the planet cared enough to git really gud.

I agree that thee will be games no one cares about and being in the top 100 wouldn't be that hard, but if you look at the games people are claiming to be great at it's safe to say if you have heard of the game they aren't top tier players.

That's true. Aside from the human tendency to overestimate oneself, there are other variables that would make it difficult to come to a proper conclusion without controlling for them, such as
For something like this, the only useful metric would be documented players currently playing at peak skill and categorized into competitive/non-competitive groups. Anything else would be too vague and not really meaningful. If you don't do it that way, the pool becomes much bigger, but also impossible to account for. There could easily be thousands more autistic than you, but if they never demonstrate their autism to the world, how can you know, and would it really even matter?