Peripheral thread

My keyboard has gone kaput, what's a good keyboard that doesn't have any Christmas lights and edgy tribal tattoo designs.

Other urls found in this thread:

amzn.eu/33XU9Pb
krksys.com/krk-headphones/kns-6400.html
amzn.eu/6mdk07U
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Wheres the keyboard infographic

dont buy razer, buckling springs are pretty fucking good, torpe is taste but leaning to meme. don't trust logitech.

This is definitely a question for Holla Forums. As a general rule, go for something quality, it'll pay for itself many times over. Do not go for any "gamer" shit.

IBM Model M and the Unicomp clones are fantastic but I'd primarily recommend those for typing more than gaming due to the noise, and the keyswitch design might not work so well for games.

typing is pressing keys
videogames is pressing keys
it's the exact same keystroke and exact same action. I do not understand what people say "this key switch is better for typing" or "this key is better for gaming" because you are doing the exact same stroke of movement for both activities.

What the fuck is with those arrow keys

Buckling springs are very clear about what a "press" is but the "release" will be fuzzier. The noise is still an issue too, some good keyswitch designs are quieter, see

QUALITY.

One is louder, more defined, has a stronger resistance and spring when released.
The other is softer, quieter, easier to hold down, doesn't spring as much.
It's all in the tension of the switch, really, and if you're pressing and holding one key down, or takka-takking away on essays or something, you're going to start feeling the difference.
It's like when you get super in to some niche fucking thing and then you aren't satisfied unless it's 100% to the tastes that evolved over thousands of hours.
Most faggots will type on spongy chiclet keys like some Apple fag and be happy, and that's fine too.

just blast more eurobeat

your wrists will explode faster than your fingers

I'll never understand the appeal of mechanical keyboards. They're louder and more cumbersome to use than flatter keyboards that use scissor switches or something.

I love the clattering but I can understand why people might not like it, particularly if they have to type around other people.

Aesthetics over functionality like most Apple shit and the legion of morons copying them, sadly including Lenovo. Keys need the indentations and good feedback to be nice for typing.

Any keyboard beats touchscreen keyboards though, a thousand curses on the one who pushed that onto the world.

I prefer flat keyboards over mechanical ones any day, for all purposes whether it's videogames or programming.

Ok we get it, you have shit taste. Flat, cheap keyboards are objectively bad to use in the long term, you just don't want to change. That's fine. Some people play shooters with gamepads because they don't want to change, too.

You're a nutter. End of story.

Am I on NeoGAF?

dude just kill yourself right now

Are you autistic or why do you read things so literally?

In the Summertime when the weather is hot~~~

l-lewd

I'm with you user. Before chiclet was really a thing I used low profile keyboards like the Razer Lycosa but now I've moved onto a Microsoft Designer KB + mouse combo. Hands down the best keyboard I've ever owned, even if the layout isn't quite standard. The mouse isn't really ideal for things like fast paced gaming due to it's size, but for general usage it's fine. Using a tiling WM and a keyboard friendly browser config means that I usually don't even bother with the mouse though.

My laptop also has a chiclet keyboard, which feels surprisingly good to me although it was bashed quite a bit in the reviews of this laptop. No give or any other obvious signs of cheapness and the consistency when moving between the desktop and the laptop is just the best.

Got a chuckle out of me, otherwise pretty good details. Usually they don't draw the keys at all.

It's still QUALITY, also there are actually keyboards with more than 12 F-keys they're just old ones.

Consistently bad.

post pics of it. In fact everyone should post their KB. I'll do so later when I can take a pic

Any gateway keyboard before 2000.

At the office so can't take pic, but it's pic related.

I'm not gonna say you have shit taste yet, but why? I never had a mechanical keyboard, only rubber dome and I am currently on pic related, a Logitech K120, but chiclet style keyboards just suck to type on in the long term, and personally, I usually have a ton of issues with touch typing properly on them. On my desktop K120 I have no issues whatsoever with touch typing, but on my laptop it's usually really uncomfortable and I can't clearly tell the difference between different keys.
Also, the Logitech K120 rules, it's dirt cheap (only 10 bucks) and tough as fuck. It has yet to fail me after 1 year of heavy use with gaming and typing every day, I doubt I will be needing a new KB for another 365 days as well.

I love them all like they're my children.

I've got an Asus VS239H-P for my monitor.
Using some old desk speakers and they're not the best but they get the job done.
For headphones I have a Shure SRH840 but I never use it because I just don't like wearing headphones. I do have some Visang r02 earbuds that I use on occasion.

I mentioned this in the keyboard thread we had a while back but I don't mind retyping it:

+ Best possible value you can get in a mechanical keyboard.
+ RK-9000V2 and the Quickfire models have media keys (via Fn key).
(Rapid is Tenkeyless, XT is full sized, TK is bizarre and you should look at some pictures before buying it)

+ Great build quality.
+ Some nice frills: USB pass-through, backlighting, dedicated media keys, macro keys.
+ Goes on sale for very cheap, and fairly often. Very popular keyboard so you don't have to go searching for it. (There are also a ton of refurbished G710+'s that go for half the price of other mechanical keyboards.)
- USB cables aren't detachable, it's kinda chunky, and it does have a bit of a gamer aesthetic.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say this is outside of your price range but if you're looking for a keyboard that'll outlast you and care for you at your bedside while you're old and grey, this is the one you should be looking at.

Forgot to give OP the (You) so he knows this was directed at him.

What you fags need is a stock, clean m+k.
You're not mad gamrrrs (at least I hope so), this won't affect your k/d, stop being dum.

I've actually been thinking about picking up a new hard drive lately, I'm running out of room to pirate shit. Are there any I should be on the lookout for?

Here's mine. Yes it's razer because it was one of the cheapest mechanical KB I could find at the time. Not the best for gaming but does the job. Like suggests it's awkward for double-taps in vidya.

I also have a DS4. My sister gifted it to me. I'm to try Tekken 7 with a keyboard, though. DS4 hurts my thumb after about half an hour of intensive D-PAD usage. Was thinking of investing in a PS1 pad but can't find em' cheap anywhere.
My mouse is amzn.eu/33XU9Pb a chinese-rebranded thing. It's not bad but it locks up movement if I move really fast. Thinking of replacing it. Any recommendations? I'm on a tight budget. Other than being good for vidya all I really need is comfort + at least 1 thumb-sided button for 'back' or at least programmable as 'back'.

I actually had a gaming-brand mousemat deisgned at KD faggots. But it was cheap and high quality which is all I wanted. Ended up trading it with my sister's one in the end because hers was fucking huge and she wanted a smaller one to use on top of a book (she uses it in bed) and I wanted larger area to have lower sensitivity.

krksys.com/krk-headphones/kns-6400.html are my headphones but they're in pieces now. Need to cushions and something needs fixing internally because it goes deaf on right side if I don't adjust the band just right.
[/blogpost]

Daily reminder that torpe switches are glorified rubber dome switches. If you use those instead of straight up cheap rubber dome switch keyboards then you're a hipster faggot with absolutely no sense of quality.

Western Digital Caviar Blue is the easiest to find and generally can't be beaten for the price/performance/storage.
HGST DeskStar is a step up and you can sometimes find it for even cheaper than the Blue Caviars, but you might have to do some searching around for it.
Mushkin recently came out with mass-storage SSDs that are pretty inexpensive, but that's probably not what you're looking for.

If you want an external HDD then you can get a Rosewill 2.5" enclosure + an HGST TravelStar.

Steelseries Rival 100 or 300 seems like something right up your alley. Fits your criteria but it isn't exactly a 'cheap' mouse. It's a value mouse, and you pay a good price for great quality, but it's a bit of an investment.
Someone's gonna >razer me but you can look for refurbished Razer Deathadders. Those tend to go for really cheap, and they're pretty easy to find because obviously >razer shit is quick to fall apart.
If you don't mind the cheap Chinese stuff, you could check AliExpress for the Estone X7, which shouldn't cost you more than $5. It feels like a cheap piece of plastic that'll give you hand cancer but it functions nearly flawlessly.

amzn.eu/6mdk07U

This?

That's the model, yup. Not the colour I'd go for but if it's the cheapest option available and you really don't wanna wait for the others to go on sale then it's all you.
You might wanna check other computer stores and their online catalogs, too. PCPartPicker should have mice listed under peripherals, and that's a good way to quickly check the prices between various distributors.

Enjoy your static hand positioning

I'm staying /comfy/ as fuck

Step the fuck back, bitches.

Cripplekike pls, normal human beings don't have their hands horribly deformed like yours. That's not to mention that its specs are utter crap. The only value that mouse has is meme value.

I don't know what kind of baby hands you have to fit a mouse that is shaped like a literal fucking potato, but the rest of the human race have hands that variate a little, therefore not all mice are one-size-fits-all, whereas the RAT seeks to solve that problem.
What do other mice offer that the RAT doesn't?

Little lag. Good precision. High reliability. Long lifetime. Not having sharp edges digging into your skin.

My favorite mouse is the grey one.

I mained him in the SNES game.

Debatable but compared to other mice I've tried like the G400 it is virtually the same.
It does have good precision. Every RAT mouse I've used has good precision. I play R6: Siege and I have a pretty fucking good headshot count with an SMG using my RAT the whole time, to give you some perspective on it.
Gotta be more specific there bud
My RAT 3 lasted 5 years and my new RAT is counting on 2
You pulled that one out of your ass, literally no edges of the thing are sharp. Maybe, MAYBE I can see where you're getting at with the two side buttons that your thumb goes next to, but thats only if you hold it on top of those buttons rather than the side of the mouse where it belongs. Even then, everything else on the mouse isn't sharp. It's literally all rubber.

Not to mention that the model I'm using has thumb and pinky platforms so you can rest them while still utilizing all buttons, its pretty fucking awesome and comfy as fuck

Pics related are the only things I have that isn't hella basic,

Good goy, spent all your money on this shitty device that does exactly the same thing of whatever cheap shit you could buy instead.

polite sage for offtopic

This is why there's a filter thank god.