Dinosaur Games

When will we ever get another good dinosaur game? The only game that I can think of off the top of my head is Ark and that's a buggy un-optimized pile of early access garbage.
Pic mostly related

Other urls found in this thread:

saurian.maxmediacorp.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

We won't be getting any until people actually settle on how those things should look like.

Would that really hinder anything? I feel like anybody bitching about that would be drowned out by the chorus of people clamoring for a dinosaur game that doesn't suck

There was that arcade game where you played as dinosaurs and fought. It was a fighting game.
It was fun.

>When will we ever get another good dinosaur game?
Have we actually had one truly good dinosaur game? Not just one with dinosaurs as a skin mind but a game that actually takes advantage of the idea.

I can't think of any that took advantage of the idea, no. It'd be neat to be walking through a jungle or some abandoned facility while being stalked by a pack of x, y or z dinosaur though

you should play pic related

fucking Rage on the N64, you get to destroy cities and jump on planes and blow shit up as a dino or some monkey lizard nigga. Its definitely more fun co-op.

It's not a good game.

instead of venting out without reason may I ask why?

I've played it through 4 times, I want ANOTHER good dinosaur game

Original turok?

heard it's good here but never played it

I mean I want more to be released, although that's a much wider problem and I'm much more likely to get a brick wall to move by yelling at it

It's shitty but Dino D-Day is somewhat okay for a few kicks

Mom got it for me as a kid.
It's a weird one, mate.

It'd be nice to see new titles with dinosaurs since Im fond of them. The problem is that it isnt "hip" / popular. Horror games of these times prefer to have supernatural elements or zombies.

Well, I played it when it was in the one week one game thread.
Plays like Resident Evil without anything that made it good. It just felt like the devs didn't give a shit in every aspect, it's very bland. Fight/run dynamics don't feel right like in better survival horror games. Camera angles are poorly thought out. The nigger navigator was annoying. It's one of those games that weren't really directed or planned at all, nobody bothered asking why is something the way it is.

Angry birds is a good game about dinosaurs.

I agree the controls / angles are ass but I think that was because they were ps1 games (hence experimenting with 3d)?.

Kek. If I were in a situation were I was stranded in an island with bloodthirsty dinos I would've killed him and used him for bait.

That is legitimately terrifying

Yeah, but this is a full 3D game that gets the controls and camera worse than the first Resident Evil. Something just ain't right here. They tried to do the same thing but the enemies are a whole lot different and it doesn't really work.

Primal Rage I think

The Lost World arcade by Sega
Some of the Turok games are okay
Jurassic Park Warpath
Dino Crisis series
Primal Rage
Primeval Hunt arcade game by Sega

Feathered

I never really found it terrifying, even after staring into it's eyes for a few minutes before. Maybe I have autism.
which would explain why I want more dinosaur games

There was a flash game where you played as a dino and had to run away from the dino apocalypse. It was fun but I can't remember the name.

dino run

yeah that's it.
a shame that I can't play flash game on this computer, though. if you press a movement key it gets stuck unless you hold ctrl while pressing it
searched the whole internet but no one had the exact same error or if they had it was because of something else that didn't apply to me

Also I forgot, the sound design in Dino Crisis is abysmal. That's the real showstopper, if you're gonna make a survival horror with spooky cameras that can't see shit then you're absolutely not allowed to fuck up sound.

Operation Genesis you fucking retards.

Exellent point. But does it have mods that bring back cut content into the game?

The newer Turok wasn't to bad. It had a super hard co-op mode that was pretty satisfying as well and had you really watching out for dinosaurs.

Its not fair.

That doesn't matter on the slightest.

You're conflating Rampage and Primal Rage. Primal Rage is the fighter, Rampage is the one where you destroy towers and stuff.

Saurian, as this wise user said it's a scientifically approved dinosaur game where you play and survive as a dinosaur in a dinosaur ecosystem. pretty cool. it's gonna come out in 6 days saurian. saurian.maxmediacorp.com/

Dino Stalker and that king kong game, both on the ps2, are pretty cool.

I want more complex and more difficult Operation Genesis game. Webm related because of dinosaurs.

Why should we insist that dinos were feathered ? If evolution is true then we can safely assume that earlier dinos were less feathered and over time dinos got smaller and more feathered.
Don't tell me you think the T-rex was feathered, because it makes no sense for something that big.

All birds, even massive magefauna like Terror Birds, evolve from small tree-hoping theropods, much like today you have flying squirrels and the ancestors of bats.

Fair enough though it's more of a dinosaur themed Zoo vidya (you could probably have most of the same gameplay with large creatures).

Rest easy, because so far there has been no evidence to suggest feathers on Rex.

Jurassic Park Operation Genesis was the last good dinosaur game I played

As much as I like Operation Genesis, you can't really call it "good". It just plays itself for the most part unless you're on a self-imposed challenge run. Not that it's bad, it's pretty comfy in its shallowness and the only game I call a sleeping aid where that's a compliment.

Say it with me guys!

NEVER EVER

I have a real soft spot for this game

I prefer the version where he wakes up from his wet dream.

That deep diving existential terror no child should ever be made to feel.

King of Fighters XIV

I got this on my desk now in the wrapper. Why do you like it? I might open it and try it out.

It probably varied quite a bit, so many larger ones may have been bald if they lived in a hot climate. In cold climates even large dinosaurs like yutyrannus had feathers.

Also veined feathers are a more recent traits, so some may have had quills or hair-like down (ie it would have looked like fur)

Because evolutionary lines don't just go bigger and smaller. Feathers are something that seems to have occured in theropods. Whether t-rex descends from these or not I don't know. I wouldn't expect a brachiosaurus or eucephalus to have feathers.
Also, ostriches.

Wasn't 'Murrica hot and dry during the Cretaceous?

North America is a big place.
And it was even bigger back then.

I would think that adults would be for the most part featherless, but definitely the young would have some downy fluff while developing, mostly around the neck.

Oy wanker, are you for real cunt?

A Rex would be sporting about as much feathers as an elephant or giraffe or polar bear.. depending on where it lives.

No it was half under water.

A game featuring terror birds would be fucking horrifying.

I WANT IT

If you have ever spent some time at a farm you would know chickens fucking savage to no end. Cocks will always fucking attack you on sight, no exception.

Great work all, let's call it a day.

King Kong.

No, really.

ARK

>realize I'm not having fun
yeah, I'm done with game where dinosaurs are the opponents, I wanna play AS the dinosaurs.

Primal carnage is kinda fun, as is Dino D-Day, but I want some fucking singleplayer games where I'm a dino and maybe fighting humans.

Seriously, where is the M rated jurassic park/world game where you gotta play a combination of stealth and action as diferent dinos of the park to escape or whatever?

if you fucking tell me to play the lego jurassic world game I already own that

Holy shit, chickens are metal as fuck

I assume you've seen the one of the turtle tearing the rat in half? Or this monstrosity?

Ban that filth. Also I expect snappers to be nasty because of what they are. What I don't expect is my tendies savaging a mouse.

My gramps was a pokemon master, he used to breed and train chickens and advised me to separate females from males because the moment they hatched they'd kill each other. He rubbed alcohol below their wings and make them jump on a sandbox to strengthen their legs. He taught me to tell the strength by the power and duration of their crow, or their fighting styles.

That reminds me that there is a species of Junglefowl (wild chickens) that you have to keep small rodents with them or otherwise they go stir crazy and the males attack the females. It's either green junglefowl or grey junglefow, I can't remember which.

Light feathers, with some nice, egg-laying hips.

Dino Crisis, obviously.

I remember how this song disturbed me every time. Good times.

Git gud faggot

Really?
Well, for one you get to punch raptors in the face.
That plus the charmingly bad graphics, the b-movie plot, the actually tough boss fights against t-rex and spino
If that's not enough for you to unwrap it right now i dunno what to say

monster hunter is as good as it gets
Dino Crisis remake when, get your shit toghether Capcom

your comment reminded me of this

My cousin and I used to be huge dinosaur fans, and this game fueled both that obsession and my sadistic tendencies.

Hear me out on this idea

Also is anyone else a fan of old time art of Dinosaurs?

I could dig the ol tripod rex and such.

Ark:evolved ruined dinos for me
How can someone make dinosaurs so BORING?

Sega Genesis had a Jurassic Park game where you play as the dinosaur.

Yeah, and it was awesome. The PS1 Lost World game is okay but far too hard. I kinda want something 3rd person much like primal carnage but, like, singleplayer with goals and stuff.

This will never be unfunny.

fantastic

just like make your own

you clearly have no fucking idea what you're talking about
dinosaurs seem to be ancestrally feathered when you look at species like kulindadromeus and psittacosaurus, not to mention the pycnofibres of pterosaurs
and if thats still too iffy for you ceolurosaurs were UNDOUBTEDLY feathered all around
Dilong, velociraptor, and even huge chaps like Yutyrannus, a 30 foot apex predator have all been found with proof of a feathered coat

here's some food for thought
why WOULDN'T tyrannosaurus have feathers? because I can assure you that it wouldn't be because of gigantothermy
feathers don't work like mammalian fur does
fur warms, feathers insulate, so analogues like elephants or giraffes simply do not work
that bald tail you see on the Saurian model actually would have been more than enough to vent any sort of excess heat aswell, its the same thing rats do

we have found feathered theropods, we have found feathered ceolurosaurs, and we have found feathered tyrannosauroids, this would be like making the assumption that a saber toothed cat was completely bald despite every feline having fur, it makes no sense
the default look for a T. rex at this point IS feathered unless any proof arises to say the contrary

fuck man do you know how much work it is to autistically hunt down dinosaur threads on Holla Forums just to set fucking records straight?
a fucking thankless job it is

If that wasn't a car commercial, I would watch the fuck out of a show about a T-rex having an identity crisis.

What?

Since this is a dinosaur thread I might as well ask.

Trying to remember a game, it had Dinosaurs in it, it was first person and you were in some kind of city, there was a triceratops in a cage or someshit that broke out, and then you go up a ladder and some guy gets eaten by a raptor, might be on the N64 or PS1.

That's all I remember, it was about 18ish years ago, granted it's not much to go on but might as well give it ago.

fur simply keeps you warm, in very hot climates it can be a detriment
feathers have the capability to hold in warmer air when its cold, or hold in cooler air when its hot, its not like A/C or anything, but it keeps the environmental pressures from ever completely getting rid of them
vultures have bald heads for thermoregulative reasons, but its also why you never see any completely naked birds, even the flightless ones
theres never really a reason to get rid of them completely, even when you're a 5-7 ton apex predator

Man I'm glad these fuckers are extinct, they look dumb as shit.

You're just upset that you don't have one to cuddle. Look at how happy ole stomper looks.

I'd prefer to have these still alive. They look actually interesting. We have enough birds.

There's Carnivores, a series of games where you can hunt dinosaurs. There's a few total conversions out there that can be played standalone.

-d3d10 in steam launcher config and turn off ambient occlusion, instant 120fps. Game still has more content than any early access garbage out there.

It's certainly probable that T-Rex had less feather coverage (due to the amount of heat that its body produces and the amount the feathers kept in) but it still had feathers regardless, and they'd have been beneficial during the winters at least.

I used to play that. I never did find out how to enable the cheats that were mentioned in the keyboard shortcut book. The entire internet has nothing; just a couple of posts on Abandonia asking if anyone knows.

It's honestly a hell of a lot better than one would expect and the car is such a small part of the commercial, but you honestly feel sorry for the guy trough the whole thing of him trying to make ends meet in a world where arms are the tool of the trade.

the commercial has all this backstory too, like how his terrorizing of people in the subway bans dinosaurs from public transit, he's friends with Sasquatch, and the guy who recorded/uploaded his bed making video is a raptor, and he's friends with the /fit/ dude. I honestly think it was the result of a guy wanting to make a story about a sapient Rex that is just above human sized trying to make it in modern times, was give a buttload of dosh and was told "do whatever you want, but advertise our car".

that sound a lot like the Lost World lightgun game.

Never made it to home systems.

feathers are for faget

Chickens will straight up murder any other chickens that are bloody or hurt just because
they will actually get into murder sprees if one dead chicken is left in the coop and the others get a taste for flesh from it

This shit right here was the business
there are even mods to change skins and add dinos, it's good
It's super easy to change the max number of things allowed and also allow you to unlock all dig sites instead of being stuck with only most
Too bad the game's old as fuck and never gotta get a real sequel

When I had a toaster I used to play the fuck out of this. Hours would pass by instantly. The first time I booted it up it was 10 pm and ended up stopping around 5 am. Good times.