Why are they so hated?

Other urls found in this thread:

justforcrits.com/dota-2-eve-online-almost-exclusively-male/
onepace.net/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

because they're a steaming pile of shit

I like Smite

Back to 4cuck you go.

Because League is literally a pyramid scheme designed to fund communists.

You bring up a lot of good points user, I hadn't considered that

Because all of em have some of the most rabid and autistic playerbase. The only one i've played and didn't get get shit talked 24/7 was Smite. LoL is fucking shit and has been since season 3 they somehow managed to dumb it down more. Dota 2 is currently in the processing of doing that from what I've heard. HoN and HoS i don't give two shits about.

Bad business practice, hated developers, and an increasing focus on e-sports and competition at the cost of making the games fun pretty much means nobody here will ever like these.

Also most of the people that used to like these games have been alienated completely in the past few years so there's plenty of fresh hate.

Still really interesting to talk about though.

Do you guys ever want to fuck cartoon rabbits? I'm not a furry but goddamn they're always really hot

also this

I'm pretty sure World of Tanks beats every MOBA out there though in jewishness

/thread

Very likely, but I have yet to see anyone talk about WoT on Holla Forums

Don't you guys have a regular General on this board for a mobile game and Overwatch? Sounds like you are cucked more than you thought.

Tank autists are a force to behold, that game is being kept alive by whales alone

If you followed the games fairly closely, World of Tanks and Warthunder, are pretty straightforward P2W.

Translated to pay to have the better tank, pay to be able to afford the better ammunition. Sure you could lose, but you are improving your chances of winning by 25%+

Oversaturation of the market, lack of diversification of gameplay despite there being so damn many of them, a propensity towards obnoxious and hostile monetization methods, and a reliance on teamplay and co-dependence that doesn't mesh with solo play and angers selfish and asocial people.

Dota 2 was okay back in 6.7x but Valve became zionic. 7.06 is fun but I stopped taking it seriously since 6.82
S2 became cucked later on and HoN pretty much became the Something Awful version of LoL
The rest of them are simply not contenders and have bad companies backing them up.

I have not and will not try Smite or Strife.
Heroes of the Storm though, god I did try that shit. If I were to sum up the entirety of HotS into a single phrase it'd be "Serviceable: The Game", animations, effects, abilities and sounds just feel like they didn't move past Placeholder that much, even today they're bad.

What are the monetization problems with them? I've only ever played one.

vid related

Ayy loma

this is all I know about LoL btw

I'm honestly absolutely fine with armors and cosmetic stuff, especially if the game is free.

The problems start when some of the cosmetic stuff completely hides which character you're playing, to the point where it's completely unrecognisable and ruins the gameplay.

Then the end arrives when people have to pay for passes to get into your seasonal events, which should be those moments where even the people that don't play anymore can come back and have some fun for a few weeks.

This was my biggest problem for Dota.
Lol's can literally be boiled down to "you have to pay to unlock characters".

mobas are only fun with friends. playing alone i would rather play an rts of some sort.

A pyramid scheme does not mean what you think it means.
You are correct in that it funds communism, though.

The only skill based game is Heroes of the Storm everything else is about items

Dota tries to lure you in to its many many shiny hats by putting a $4~? price tag on particle effects, the only reason I don't even fall for it myself is simply because I'm more jewish than them. Hats are all it does.
LoL puts select heroes on free rotation, being forced to buy them with either cash (last I checked years ago it was $40 for the entire roster) or it makes you slave away at their poverty points, rune pages and summoner abilities basically punish you simply for being new.
Everybody copies LoL's format, even HoN after it stopped being a Purchase game. Even worse is that they also copy LoL's cringy ass skins format, too many awful jokes with $10 pricetags, and everyone in their cesspools drone over this shit.

One of the biggest problems with MOBA games, other than the fact that they're simply not fun to play, is that they have very, very strictly enforced metas, because the developers just can't let shit develop on it's own.

People still play these games?

They're only getting more popular

mobas are only not fun if you don't know anyone to play with tbh

It's a lot, lot more than 40$ now. The game has 120+ characters, which is also way too fucking many characters to keep balanced.

Trust me, I have over 1000 hours in fucking LoL because of some friends, and at least 700 of those were pure shit, hoping it would get better, like a heroin addict. I've lost friends because of it, too, and I physically can't get the few that still play to stop.

I bought all the champions in league with IP.. Sticking it to the man..

LoL's meta used to be AD character mid and supports goes with the mage. Pro players are the ones who decided to move to supporting an auto-attack character with less mobility.

eSports was a mistake. I keep seeing it on cop shows, so that's a good indication that it's reached saturation point.

All of them just give up on balancing anything that isn't recent or gamebreaking.
I used to play LoL a lot, and my favourite character, Nocturne, got maybe 1 balance a year, to the point where he was unplayable for an entire year compared to everyone else.

LoL doesn't have any other way to get characters?

iktf I played Viktor

I got into dota near the end of last year when they released 7.00

I came from a perspective of assuming it was bad because you had to give RTS-style move and attack orders, instead of a simpler twin-stick fighting system. Turns out it's basically like other competitive games like Tribes in that the input system has resulted in some really interesting emergent mechanics that justify the input scheme in my opinion. I calibrated as a scrub and will probably stay a scrub, but I have a lot of fun playing solo with randoms of my skill level. Playing with my friends puts me in a much higher skill bracket so it's more difficult.

Yea these strict rules on meta don't even make sense. At least in league, meta doesn't even matter in lower ranks, but people get bent out of shape if you play Anivia bot.

In Dota 2 you've got just a metric fuckload of hats/robes/weapons/cosmetics which is probably the least offensive since it doesn't affect gameplay but so much of it makes characters look fucking retarded and obnoxious and can make it difficult to tell one apart from another.

In LoL and HotS and I think also Smite on top of the cosmetic issue you also have to buy heroes so people who've been playing longer or are willing to drop more money has more options available to them when it comes to making team compositions and since some characters counter others you can end up in situations where your only available options are all straight fucked against your opponents team because you haven't unlocked the right characters yet. Characters can be gotten for free, usually very slowly, and there's huge debates about how slowly is too slowly but that changes in severity on a by-game basis and pretty much all them feel like arduous grinds.

On top of the previous two issues, LoL adds runes which are just flat stat bonuses you have to grind out for your account so if you've not paid for boosters to speed up your grind, or you've spent your grindbucks on characters, or you just haven't played as long as other people your characters you've already had to grind out are going into matches strictly weaker than other players.

I don't remember what HoN's monetization was like, but I think its a moot point anyway since that one's basically dead now.

With a lot of grind, yeah

i actually did btw not a joke despite the picture

Interest died after the realization its pure pay to win accompanied with a lie that non-payers have a chance. There is no real goal except get better tanks, which means an investment of time or money, or an investment of significant time. To make matters worse, its an esport, and everyone treats it like such. I will stay uninterested, even after falling for the Russian Jew tricks, clanning up, and having tier 10s and premiums. It was a great waste I could have spent on improving myself, or playing worthwhile games. I was scheduling myself for clan fights, and then I understood I was letting it take over my own life.

Sage for blog poasting

Your posts make me think you're a redditor.
Shoo shoo.

Because it's a cancerous genre that has been turned into nothing but whale bait after LoL's rise in popularity.

theres some deal on at the moment, where you get 20 free heroes if you create or sign in to your old account?

Part of the whole marketing campaign they have going for it atm. I turned off my adblocker, and the banners and site backgrounds and ads were everywhere.

Weird thing is, I can't find the ad on youtube.

i don't think i've used reddit since 2009 *tips*

For HoN? I know HotS just did that, I guess it isn't surprising that desperate minds would think alike.

I remember complaining about people like you back in '07. A pity you're still around.

I think the main problem is people reading forums and watching "top players" and because they choose certain team compositions, they think they have to do it too, despite them being in the bottom 90% of players, where it doesn't even matter that much

They trick you thinking it has a high skill ceiling when its nothing but metafagging and having a decent team and they're nothing but a shitty background image so you can talk with your retarded "friends" who don't even play outside of it.

I have more respect for casuals that play and pirate/buy trash like FIFA and Cowadoody/Battlefield/Destiny/Fallout/TES than the retards who buy this trash or CRAPCUNTS.
Then again, many times they overlap

never said the duration visited for. probably went there three times ever. mostly from links in skype conversations. i'm 30 years old so yea 2007 wasn't even long ago

Please go back to reddit with that forced meme.

And CRAPCUNTS/ASSFAGGOTS/MMO/Mobage players overlap immensely considering their the same shitty garbage with some slight design differences.

Thats why you'll usually threads about them at around the same time.

I said go back to reddit, faggot.

Pick one and only one. People were too lax on bullying outsiders.

Overcuck pls go

meh it gives the attention whores something to do instead of sucking dick, which is good i suppose.

are you a wizard grandpa?

Low entry level gameplay derivative of better genres with most of the appeal stripped away in favour of easy to digest competitive gameplay that is easy to play but takes a large amount of time to learn what every character, ability and item does and how they interact, giving a false sense of progressing as a player. Progression in these games is measured in consistency to farm, land skill shots, know positioning and working with a team, skills that are universal among characters and substantially more important than knowing the nuances of a specific character, yet people can be falsely lured into thinking they are progressing by picking up a new character that they haven't played yet.
The games are being increasingly tailored towards esports and profiteering, steadily causing an increasing amount of harm to the games as strategy is slowly killed in favour of exciting ganks and team fights (combined with repeated attempts to add come back mechanics). Cosmetics continue to be created to the overall detriment to the game. Many characters are becoming unrecognizable, too similar to others or being lost in a sea of particle effects. Many of these 'special' skins are going for ludicrous prices. I remember there was a $35 hair piece for a character that just made their hair be on fire, and people were justifying it because it could randomly drop.

Anyway, eventually the players of these games will become fatigued with these practices and not understand why.

Any duration beyond sticking your toe in and going "what the fuck is this shit" is too long.

Nah, fuck yerself
The only good games Blizzard ever developed were Diablo/Diablo 2 and the Lost Vikings.

I don't consider Twichwhoring a decent pastime.

you're not wrong there

What the fuck is wrong with that cow? People uphold her as some sort of wonderful example of femininity, when she's just a fat, ugly hag who won't keep her legs or her mouth shut for 10 seconds and keeps throwing temper tantrums whenever she doesn't get what she wants.

Not just the art design, but the game design as well.
Its the cartoony fantasy garbage that Blizzard popularized with Warcraft 3/World of and later Riot popularized with LoL thanks to the same core autists who play this garbage.

Thats also something that irks me, tabletop faggots will actually defend this garbage and Blizzard instead of actually good autistic shit like Dorf fort/Dominions/Graviteam Tactics.

How much paint did you huff before writing that?

Yes it is a forced meme because only retards use it and it doesn't make sense. Quake would be a fucking CRAPCUNTS.

They won't support Dort Fort unless they can monetize it somehow. In which case it would immediately go to shit.

This.

Every blue moon I get a mythology itch I like to scratch with Smite, I remember it's shit and vow never to play it again until next year

Including the rabbits part?

Nnnnnn.. yes.

/this. Rabbit girls are pretty great.

sorry i can't support full bunny girl. part bunny sure. Never full bunny.

Nigger I've masturbated to everything 2D from Scat and Gore to Furcaggotry and MLP, I don't see why you would be a furfag just for masturbating to it, as long as you're not part of the fanbase or don't get those certain urges IRL or for 3D I don't see anything wrong with it.

They're fucking drawings.

Should I watch onepiece for the hot deer/bunny girls? I kinda want to but at the same time it's incredibly long. Is it worth?

Ha ha, yes, this, haha..

CRAPCUNTS
CRAPCUNTS
CRAPCUNTS

No, the show is garbage and never ends
You'll like the characters for about 2 seasons/volumes before you realize they're as dimensional as a dot and the plot is the same every time.
Its your typical shonenshit for young kids and retarded adult/teen normalfags.

BRRRRRRAAAAAAAPPPPP

Only one time

What a shame. I guess I'll just secondary it up then.

Nothing but a shallow cashcow boy

I want to shove my dick so deep into her that even my unconceived children feel molested.

Thats so vulgar its almost poetic. The whole thing not just comment.

these are games for females to play so they can brag about being gamer pseudo-nerd hipsters. same with overwatch.

dota2's new forced phone number registration is rulecucked.
smh.

There are almost literally no women playing mobas though.

There are more playing MOBAs than any other game aside from mobile shit.

Yes, and?
The percentage of women playing them is lower than any other game.

The percentage is only low because masses of people play them in the first place. I am fairly confident that if you polled all women who claim to play games the list would be as follows
1. mobile shit
2. MOBAs
3. Nintendo

I have no idea how you could possibly be this wrong and still not get it.

Mobile is played by the most people, and being really casual, women usually have a majority of the percentage.

This is really easy to see because there have been a fuckload of surveys on them. If I'm not mistaken Eve Online and Dota 2 were (out of literally all games surveyed) the ones with the lowest percentage of women playing.

justforcrits.com/dota-2-eve-online-almost-exclusively-male/

you seem to no understand how percentages work. If 100 women played mobas, and 900 men played mobas, they would make up ten percent. If 50 women played mobileshit and 50 men played it, they would make up a higher percentage while still having fewer total players.

"Lowest common denominator" gameplay style that all these companies want to copy because normalfags think it's fun.

Spent a good 800+ hours playing Smite while it had a slightly fun run, I'll list a few points on it since it is literally the only bearable and somewhat enjoyable MOBA, but I could go on if people want me to shit up this god forsaken thread made by the faggot known as OP

Oh yeah, and most importantly

The worst thing is that you're right

no one hates heroes of newerth just no one fucking plays it
dota 2 isn't to retarded
lol

Where's that faggot from the last ASSFAGGOTS thread that said discussing ASSFAGGOTS wasn't a bad thing? Because now we have another idiot trying to talk about them, which is probably going to encourage even more to be made.

Fuck off I was trying to discuss why its bad

theyre frustrating and breed frustrated communities. and so they tend to fall prey to metagame such and such which people like myself find distasteful. because im not just "hurting myself" im "hurting the team" when i refuse to abide by it.

tell you what though, i never got a ban in smite, hon, or hots for going against a meta.

You think retards from the homogenized cesspits of the internet are going to see it that way? Or are they going to see multiple MOBA threads and think that it's normal to have them?

If they can fucking read then yes, they will. I'm assuming they have that ability given that they're on the internet. If not, there's something called bullying, and it makes retards fuck off.

Honestly that style is an extension of DnD's style which is in turn an extentsion of Michael John Moorcock, a pulp-fantasy writer from the sixties who inspired that hideous style of fantasy. Now I get funny looks for preferring pic related to blizzardshit

Now the WoW/Forgotten Realms style of fantasy has infected almost every vidya and tabletop. Unrealistic shit works for JRPGs but looks fucking stupid in western games

is that why doesn't hate it? (yet)

Haven't played them.

Terribly made, not particularly fun

Terribly made, wasted potential, main game mode not fun either.

Last I played it it was alright but not worth playing more than one match a day.

personally? They're like an incredibly slow rts where you cant build anything or control your units, you have to share your units and buildings with 4-5 other cunts and winning is based on if you have more friends in a fight than the enemy

I hate that every game takes over 35min for such a boring gameplay

Cause they bring out the cancer hidden deep inside us.

they just increased the creep camp spawn rates back to 1min aka the shit everyone was bitching about, if you want to bitch about anything in dota complain about the fucking cosmetics that are a visual mess and the fact that theres the io arcana gated behind 130 dollars.

Yeah how about they remove the perk shit and the wells too.

ehh the talents are a mixed bag if you like them or not, some are bs like invokers tornado talent and you can have the case to say they create power spikes but when you play something like a support and get talents like 100 damage or gold/min talents makes it is very rewarding and atleast they fucking removed the shitty fucking respawn talents

Now that you explained it, I agree that it's a forced meme. The reason why ASSFAGGOTS (Aeon of Strife Style Fortress Assault Game Going On Two Sides) caught on is because it's honestly the most descriptive acronym for the genre (as well as an amusing and all-too-legitimate jab at the playerbase), much better than MOBA (Multiplayer Online Battle Arena), which honestly misrepresents core gameplay (grinding/pushing/raxing) and sounds like it describes Quake 3 Arena, or ARTS (Action Real-Time Strategy), which is a completely wrong description for the game. Your CRAPCUNTS acronym is very forced and I have no clue what it means other than it apparently having internet connections and a character selection. That's a problem, because now you're just calling it CRAPCUNTS for the sake of using stupid words.

They're both forced memes.

Talents offer, I'll admit, sometimes fun gimmicks like Barathrum gorrilion speed charge but in the end they are just gimmicks that don't change almost anything can be considered stat buffs. Now they force you into either into leveling skills when there are no attributes. Some strats are lost like going full attack SF hoarding everything into stats when you are done with armor reduction and souls. Now you can't just put a point into stats you either have to use it on skills or leave it unused if are making some build path. Why give me 20+ damage or +15 move speed when I can just dump into stats considering both barely make a difference?

You're both playing this garbage and bumping this garbage.
Shouldn't you be complaining about "Toxic" behaviour?
You're already bitching about the meta.

There are tournaments for a mobile MOBA game, that's pretty amazing and saddening to me since it's impressive how popular mobile gaming is, but at the same time Vainglory is a relatively good game in a sea of shovelware that makes more money than it does. If I recall correctly the esports scene for this game is relatively legit as well and isn't synthetic like Overwatch for example.

We are trying to have a discussion here, the thing you always bitch isn't in these threads.

I came here expecting porn of random assfaggot sluts but instead I get rabbits

hey but now you can have up to 5 active golems with spell immunity

And this can't be done with aghs?

Dota is a shit game but I still wanna fuck WW

At least post best girl.

I'll tell you what kind of faggot plays ASSFAGGOTS: korean MMO-addict. I would know, because I am one.
Basically, you play ASSFAGGOTS if you like doing the exact same grinding shit again and again and again, until you get enough fund to get yourself gears, enough level to build your stats and skills, and with those you go to places with stronger monsters, beat them up and grind money even faster for even stronger gears, skill and stats, all of that done to get to the point where you and your mates can go to fight other people and their mates. Sounds familiar to korean grinding MMO yet?
The appeal of the ASSFAGGOTS genre is almost exactly the same as korean grinding MMO shit:
Sure, it may have a smaller scale of combat compared to MMO's GvG, but it makes up for it with "mechanics" that don't just involve pressing the same button again and again on enemy. It involves a lot of your own ability like reflex, decision making and whatnot. But it has a pros over korean grinding MMO in that you don't get fucked by RNG, and even if you get fucked by RNG or whatever else, its effect only lasts for the current 45 mins match. This brings the addiction though, because once you tasted the victory, you realize it's only for the current 45 mins match, and the only way to get more of that satisfaction is by playing another match. And another. And another. You lost a match? Better play another match and hope you get your dose of dopamine.

SJWs and feminism?

I feel the same about pic related.

because they're shit. At least half of those have a "competitive" meta that revolves around competing with your teammates for resources. Fanboys will call it resource management, but I don't recall having to argue with gatherers in some shitty RTS to make them switch to a different resource node. They're just fucking shitty games. This thread is retarded.

I love it!

rabbit girls you say?

SHITPOSTERS
Why are there so many here?

Excellent.

I'm more concerned with the amount of redditors who have admitted they are newfags not being bullied, and being engaged in conversation.
That's not what the phrase "lurk maor" means, and there's a good reason it lasted this long.

Simple. No matter how well you do all your effort will be for naught if the other players are complete retards. It's the same reason why "online only" games are bullshit. In short:
NORMALFAGS, GO HOME! REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

LoLfags are the fucking worst.

post porn of it

There is a reason why they are at the bottom of the barrel of ASSFAGGOTS.

Not that hard to beat Dota 2 in that regard.

Dota has the perfect f2p model as far as I'm concerned.
You can create an account right now and have no game play disadvantage whatsoever against somebody who has played the game for 5000 hours who spent all his money on the game.

The fucking nerve man, holy shit.

Now I can go back to watching AoE2, while waiting for SC remastered knowing that I am superior to certain people.

to be fair, they are all shit.

Low energy bait tbqh

Not even once. Most of them are bitches that love to be fucking annoying on mic and suck ass at the game but betas will orbit around them anyway.

all esports are shit famalampam

Wouldn't that be in the realm of furshit? But I'm guessing you can imagine she is an animumu under the mask like pic related.

Take your terrible bait back where you came from.

HOTHEADS GET OUT

Because LeL became way too succesful and loads of shitty unoriginal copycats came from it's wake.As a result of that people with taste got understandably frustrated when a bunch of hacks struck gold while other genres and games either copied it or got left in the dust.
That is also while it jumpstarted a whole bunch of games to be competitive first instead of fun while "introducing" mechanics and practices people would be copying to this day.
Though,from what I read,I get the impression that the usual playerbase(well,for all other games besides LeL,they're just normalfags with an addiction or sheep) is too mean("toxic") for even Holla Forums,they get burned out by playing non-stop or "lose" their friends to it and decide to blame the game instead of the person.

tl;dr:LeL's hated for the same reason that COD is hated,being an overrated trendsetter that fucked over and produced a lot of cheap knockoffs.Most of the hate just keeps seeping from it to other games of it's specific subgenre.

To be fair most of the obnoxious shit is TI only and they tend to still look the same as they did.For example Clinkz is still the short skeleton with a bow who runs and Pugna is the green short skeleton who walks,Warlack is still the red robed motherfucker carrying a lantern,Axe is the red skinned dude with a large blade,CK is still the Red-rider.The fact that most of them have distinct sound effects and a portrait at the top of the screen constantly reminding you who's in the game makes that argument sound forced.

Isn't there some sort of mod to remove most cosmetics,like TF2?

People need to know how fucking set up LeL's pro scene is,even compared to SF5:
I remember there beingmore but it's really sketchy.

Aghs is the double golem summon,refresher allows you to summon twice at the same time,talents do is summon the fifth golem on death and make them spell immune if I remember correctly.

One Piece is literally the only anime that has managed to stay fresh since it started.
Do the amount of episodes make it a bit worse?
Hell yeah, but you can fix that by watching One Pace onepace.net/

Bunch of dudes cut down the episodes and condensea week's worth into one 30 minute episode.

One Piece is a great fucking manga but holy shit don't kid yourself the anime has trash pacing. You are right that One Pace fixes all those problems though

Doesn't the manga suffer from the same pacing problems?
Is it worth a read if I already watched the anime?

The manga pacing isn't a problem. It's done well, it's the fact Oda is too sick to write every other month that there are just random weeks that chapters aren't released. So instead of having a shitty anime that doesn't know when it wants to progress the plot. You get a manga that paces well but the author is always sick. I would say bulk reading the manga is far better then the anime, there's no filler whatsoever and the art is better. But unless you want to go over the entire plot again it may be too much. There's also the fact that the manga is ahead of the anime plot.

Don't forget, DOTA was the scourge of anyone who wanted to play non-DOTA warcraft 3 custom games.

For the longest time 70% of all custom games were DOTA, and if you joined one to try it out they would kick you if you had to download the map, because that meant you were new and no way in hell were they gonna have a noob on their team.

im sorry I triggered you But its the truth.

Then it was the userbase's faulth then,putting the fault into the game instead of the people playing it is a sign of neglecting responsibility of the userbase itself.

Then again I am unsure if it is a result of for interest or lack of interest for other WC3-customs.Then again I'm not even sure if most anons even remember about WC3,especiallt the louder shitposters.

Already gave the answer. Time to check 'em!

I still play WC3 custom and ranked every now and then.
I have nothing but pure unfiltered hatred for DotA and its retarded younger siblings.

You can't really separate the userbase from the game when you have to play with one to play the other, can you?

I mean as in if the playerbase can play another game with(relatively speaking) minimal hassle,that does mean it grabbed the attention of the playerbase(or attracted more new players) more than the alternatives.
If it is to be viewed negatively it means to that most of the playerbase has shit taste,which is why something that may or may not be inferior to it's contemproraries attracted the most attention and thus,largest playerbase.It could have been a number of factors but the fact that they have "dedicated" workers due to a sense of competition and/or "teamplay" (alteast from what I've heard).

More realistically,some custom games caught on more than the others and that is an example of said inequality of interest.
Hardly reasonable to hold anything against it or it's developers considering that it hasn't done anything particularly scummy to "earn" that attention,like starting pointless drama for example.Cancerous things,like some of the former developers giving birth to LeL(with it's share of non-stop scummy practices),sure,but I have a hard time believing that malice or decite was involved in any major way during it's development.

Still,I see your point,it is understandable to hate the effect such a mod can have on a community.But again,if the moderators/admins are not involved,who else is to blame the most for player behavior than the players themselves?

They're boring, stupidly repetitive, lack any kind of skill to play and cater way to much to esport cancer.
It's one of the worst genes ever created.

Every game becomes repetitive after you play it for 2000 hours.

Read it.

They've taken 2-3 chapters before and stretched them into 24 minuted episodes. The anime also often misses a lot of small nuances of the manga because it's adapted before they pay off.

They combat the repetitiveness by putting nonsensical patches for no reason other than to mix things up. It's impossible to master because they keep changing the rules.

That's true, but the base game is fun.
Talking on a casual, non competitive, once in a while level.

Is the mango still incredibly long or does the anime just have a ton of filler?

It pleases my dick either way

The anime does have a ton of filler, but I don't think it's in the manga