Retard moments in vidya

Where you just plain didn't get it, whether it's mechancis, story, whatever. I'll start

Breath of the Wild's guardians are just Beamos on legs

That one part in USF4 where I blocked and still got hit.

That didn't actually get me stuck. In fact, I went really far into Maridia without the gravity suit, or tried to, as a kid.

What got me stuck was the Gravity Suit itself. I knew where it was, I found the spiked room with the Chozo Statue from after the fight with Phantoon, but there was no indication you had to ball in his hand. I was stuck there for months as a kid.

Explain why this exists as a game mechanic.

Another Metroid related thing I'd like to add, I had no idea how to open the red doors in my first hour of playing Super Metroid. I tried literally everything possible, including firing one missile at it, but at some point I got so mad I blasted all of my missiles into the red door after which it finally fucking opened.

To this day, I still have no idea why red doors need to be opened by five missiles instead of one.

kek'd

Most fan mods change it to one, anyways

im so glad i picked it up recently with less retard in my membrane

DUDE

It was this moment where I truly couldn't tell if he was real or a character.

Did people really have trouble with those barrel things? Even as a kid, I thought they were pretty intuitive. What got me was those endless loops in the desert level. Fuck that shit, it's annoying as hell because there's like 3 of them all in one level.

Just had one in the surge, everywhere lead to a dead end so I was confused as fuck. Turns out you had to enter "obvious area where shit goes down" for a second time to trigger a bossfight.

I hope you're playing System Shock or something

Took a while for it to click in my skull how to play Bloodborne compared to the souls games. I went from being DSP to clearing every boss within a couple tries. This seems to happen with every game in the series. I forget how to play, get pissed off for a while, then come back and beat it with no issues. I guess I'm seasonally retarded.

I tried jumping on the barrels, and it worked well enough until one where I did actually have to press up and down.
Is there any indication whatsoever, in the manual or in the game itself, that pressing up and down will operate the barrels?

Even if he's playing the original Bioshock, it's forgivable in one or two areas. I remember being confused as fuck with the guy that tosses grenades at you, because I'd forgotten that I'd even gotten telekinesis to blow open the doorway that was blocked.

I see people saying that it's pretty over the top but I couldn't for the live of me tell anything. Dropped it a while ago.

maybe you just suck

In the water temple there is an orb switch behind bars. You normally cant reach it with regular attacks, I spend 2 days teying to find a way to move the bars. All I had to do actually was just charge the spin attack and the wave would reach and trigger the orb.

Never tried to blow up a single door until someone else mentioned blowing one.

You must have autism, then.

Also

Getting stuck at firelink shrine

I think this was pretty gud. You exhaust all your resources and in the end you resort to Paula's pray out of desperation and what the fuck? it works!

My only problem with the Giygas fight was that Pray never works like that in any other battle and the only "hint" you get is when Pokey tells you to cry for help. If I didn't already know how the fight works then I probably would have been stuck for a while.
Also forgetting to give Paula some sort of flash resistance doesn't help since Giygas will constantly use PK Flash

I was actually kind of impressed with that part of the game, because it starts out super obvious, and then as the cases get more and more difficult, they got people to act better and better at lying and making it hard to tell, which required you to actually find clues. I dug it.

Not a retard moment but in one moment of Discworld Noir you have to use part of interface to take evidence with you. It happens only once and no one tells you that you can use your notebook/log not as par of interface but as item to use it on some shit.
Also I remember breaking my head over space quest. Goddamn anti thief protection.
Also I cant recall the exact game, but I am pretty sure I was playing without any upgrades until at some moment I pressed the right button to see my stats.

On the upgrades note, I remember getting to Christopher Robin in Poo's Baseball without noticing you could upgrade your stats.

The Dark Souls 3 Firelink fucked me. I kept wandering around looking for some door or something I missed. When I realised it wanted me to teleport instead of walk I had a sneaking suspicion the game would not live up to its predecessors.
I was right.

DaS2 didn't have bonfires every five feet and had better viable build variety. And poise.
Yes, DaS2 wasn't as good as 1, but it's still better than 3.

I'm glad I'm not as wrong as you are.

This mother right here.

As a kid, I absolutely could not figure out how to complete the tunnel stage and progress to the lava pit.

I tried tossing shit at the Magnetons. Tried going back to the beach to see if I'd missed something there.

Never occurred to my developmentally-stunted self to hit the Voltorb at the end of the tunnel.

This video sums it all for me, basically.

To filter out casuals like you.

You can figure out the barrels in Sonic 3 through trail and error in like 3 minutes. Only morons complain about it.

the part in that DS Zelda game where you have to transfer the marks from the top map to the bottom
I closed my DS, looked online and opened it like a moron

This is wrong, though. The Ark is a forerunner construct, not Covenant, the Covenant just want it.

Spent several moments in Half-Life 2 wandering around like an idiot because I oversaw a ladder or something similar.

In retroperspect, I feel like a Valve playtester.

I mean, it's all biblical

It took me twelve failed attempts at the cruise ship level of Splinter Cell Double Agent to figure out that the right mouse button KO'd people without slitting their throats.

My problem wasn't so much with their faces, but that you could never be quite sure what you were going to say.