Cancelled games

What were some games that you were looking forward to that got cancelled. youtube.com/watch?v=3aZGxYyE-ao, here's the trailer for FE3.

Man, I remember when 7th Gen looked great and promising.
And then 2007/8 happened

Star Citizen NO REFUNDS

thats a situation far worse than being cancelled

Have you ever realized that most, if not all, cancelled games are (were) either shit or got replaced by a better games down the line?

This is basically Vanquish for example.

And this is for all intents and purposes Metal Gear Rising. Even the cute cyborg girl is almost the same.
It took me a while to remember its name though.

Supposedly this and the other two "games" it was leaked with might have been an April Fool's joke, but still would have been an interesting spin on the world of Ace Combat.

That usually is the case but not always, publisher interference and internal struggle fucks games over too.

Never to launch the rocket to Elysium.

What was the problem with quack again?

Obligatory post

I think in MML2 they made all the wrong decisions and changed game for the worst. It's good that they didn't make MML3, as even looking at trailers I can confidently say that it would be absolute shit.

Nothing but it was just 3D Doom when it was originally intended to be a first-person RPG in a gothic/Lovecraftian world with melee combat called Melee & Magic.

I thought Legends 2 was an overall huge improvement to the first game.

The item upgrades, numerous ruins and added RPG elements like status effects, parts, and tons of other junk gave it a lot of variety. And the story answered a lot of questions about the game and the Mega Man series in general

Besides the numerous improvements to the items, Buster Parts, and weapons systems, now you can move while locked on, take tests to enter higher ranked side ruins, and explore a larger variety of areas on Terra. Plus, there's Yuna.

Too bad some of the extra dialogue and parts of the towns felt rushed. You can tell that the game was quite ambitious.

I wouldn't have really cared how MML3 would have turned out as long as it wrapped up the story. That's kinda my view on shenmue 3 too.

Harker. Looked like a pretty good vampire killing game.

I remember awaiting Earthbound 64 because I read in Nintendo Power how it was going to be like 256 bit.

Wut

You mean it was going to be on a 256 megabit cartridge.

The Alone in the Dark remake we'll never get.

Will D4 season 2 EVER going to happen?

swery left the company so it's never ever forever

Fuck.

remember when PC gaming wasn't just console ports and clicking games

MML2 was more of a fetch quest galore with disjointed missions where you was going through checklist and watching cutscenes, instead of a cohesive adventure in an actual world that was MML1. It might be better mechanically, but it felt formulaic and devoid of spirit, while the first one immersed you into the game's universe entirely.

Yeah that looks like something consoles still can't do.

Project Offset will always hurt me. Even if it wasn't gonna be great, it looked like it was going to have a real good setting and some stuff that would have been real interesting to play through. And then Intel had to be a complete jew and kill it, rather than just let the fucking company go back to being independent.
and now they make mobile trash

It gives me Divinity 2 vibes, but on obviously greater scale.

Yeah I think that's sort of the closest modern equivalent to what the world design looked like.
Which reminds me, there was a couple videos on youtube a while back of gameplay that I assume were put up for some guy's portfolio. Did anyone manage to rip those before they disappeared?

You will never find out who the fuck D is.

I liked it, i would of played the shit out of it.

It was the next Oddworld game after Stranger's Wrath where you play as a sheep dog named Fangus who's homeland gets invaded by cats. The dogs live peaceful, happy lives free of crime and degeneracy and the cats bring tons of industry and marxism to destroy them. Fangus gets captured and is forced to fight in an arena and eventually contracts an illness that he must periodically take medicine for. Fortunately this illness also gives him super fucking rage strength and the ability to mind control his herd of sheep which allows him to escape. From there it was about gathering guns, sheep and allies to help push back the cat menace. Supposedly, it was cancelled because Halo got popular at the time and the (((investors))) cut the funding because it WASN'T trying to fucking mimic Halo.

Well let's certainly fucking hope it wasn't David, because that would be pretty predictable

Is it cancelled? Regardless it looked like a melee TF2 or a MOBA and I doubt the footage has changed since 2014.

Well, the Wii U version ended up that way . . .

yeah, a few months back a dev said in an interview that bethesda cancelled it since the development had been choppy. I just dont agree with the 6v6, i think it would of been better off as a 9v9 or a 12v12

I have never even heard of this.

Oh, that's why.

The pain will never stop.

Battlefront 3.
I'm still astonished they had the gall to call the next game Battlefront II; even for EA that's something else.

HNNNNNNNNG. I NEED A BOYFRIEND LIKE THAT
I'm woman, not a faggot.

You know the drill then, faggot. Also, yes, despite him being a few screws loose of sane and disheveled to hell and back, he's pretty handsome.

You should know how this works. Trips don't exempt you, now post 'em or fuck off.