Fairytales

Games based on fairytales.
Hard mode: not an edgy re-imagining.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/ViQg4
tolkienprofessor.com/lectures/courses/faerie-and-fantasy/
ormeli.deviantart.com/gallery/
irrationalgames.com/insider/we-love-our-bioshock-cosplayers-so-much-we-hired-one/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Alice in Wonderland isn't a fairy tale.

this kills the waifufag

There's plenty of religion based games aren't there

The majority of fairy tales aren't religious, either. Fae lore actually tends to be very ambiguous about their relationship to Christianity, given that they are a holdover from Northern European conceptions of Ancestral spirits.

I want to headpat Alice.

what the fuck? since when?

Since forever? Fairy tales are moralistic folk stories, the majority of them thousands of years old. Through the Looking Glass is a children's novel about mathematics and logic.

Which Alice?

not that game but I remember playing Shrek 2 on XBOX and we had like 4 player co-op and that was so much fun. My dad even set up like a projector outside so we could play it on the front porch.

good times, shame the xbox burned up.

well I dun fucked up already. I thought a fairytale was just a saga for children.

American's Alice.

It's cool. Alice in Wonderland consciously follows the forms of a traditional fairy story (note that fairy stories don't have to be fairy tales, which are instructive fables for children, a great deal of them are heroic stories of knights as epic poems), as Alice is occulted to a supernatural land and must navigate the inhuman seeming whims of royalty, but intentionally subverts this by having the mechanics of the otherworld be based on mathematics rather than moral logic.

I want to squeeze her arms and hug her.

Shrek 2 was actually an okay licensed brawler with friends.

This.

There is this game on PS3, I wish I could play it but I don't have a PS3 and I think is quite hard to find anyway.

All the King's Quest games, besides the last one have multiple fairy tales in each game.

I tip my Fedora to you, good sir

Not worth it, if I remember correctly.

I guess you can blame disney for that.

archive.is/ViQg4

I have played it and I remember really being interested by the demo of the game and when I finally got the full gameit was pretty meh all around.

I still love the concept though, if a sequel was made with better combat id buy it but that isn't going to happen.

For anyone interested in this sort of thing, the various autists associated with Signum are a really fun source. tolkienprofessor.com/lectures/courses/faerie-and-fantasy/

Why do video games like to edgify fairy ales in the first place?

This game, supposedly is inspired by Russian Fairy Tales, I haven't played it tbh, but looks like a standard point and click game, but with some good music(I like classical) and supposedly the dialog is in rymes, but I am not sure if this is in the English version or Russian.

Checkmate. Do games about movies about fairy tales count?

One, because it makes for better gameplay and storytelling. Two, because it's closer to source. These two things go hand in hand, because the source is almost always better before it gets pussified.

Yeah, you have no idea what the fuck you're talking about.

The English word "fairy tale" is retarded because there's rarely any fairies in fairy tales. Literary scholars prefer the German term "Märchen"

but most fairy tales were edgy originally, with more modern re-imaginings of them being watered down and sugercoated.

you mean (((Disney))) (((adaptations)))

Partly, yes.

Folklore isn't hard to acquire at all. Some stores though charge ridiculous amounts or it for some fucking reason. I've seen it range from a good $12 all the way to $40.

I know Lithuanian mythos is esoteric as fuck, but come on.

Oh look, a redditor pretending to have read a book.

Honestly not surprised.

Once upon a time there was a guy who didnt kill himself. But later a giant cometh from the sea and killeth everyone in his village. And than guy killed himself. The name of the giant was Communism.

10/10 tale would tell to my kids.

Oh look, someone trying to use an insult in place of an argument.

Goddammit I've always wanted to give the first one and this one a try and I never did it. And now it's too late…

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:41037529425dd82d18e5f9c946a425b7a0c2c050&dn=American+McGees+Alice+%282011%29&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.leechers-paradise.org%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fzer0day.ch%3A1337&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fopen.demonii.com%3A1337&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.coppersurfer.tk%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fexodus.desync.com%3A6969

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:92e63e9d047d1766ae4cd5447a29a854867851e1&dn=Alice+Madness+Returns-SKIDROW&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.leechers-paradise.org%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fzer0day.ch%3A1337&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fopen.demonii.com%3A1337&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.coppersurfer.tk%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fexodus.desync.com%3A6969

Shit thread made even worse by waifufags. What a surprise

Thanks friendo

Ahem.

The only King's Quest I got to play was VIII.
It was horrible.

This.

We could have had Alice 3, but it will only exist as animated shorts.
Same goes for new CastleVanias

2nd pic looks shooped as fuck
also you forgot this :^)

clearly we should make more tales with fairies in them!

and the moral of that is - "Be what you would seem to be"

Nah, russian cosplayers are actually that thin.
ormeli.deviantart.com/gallery/
I guess it's easy to starve in there.

Anna Moleva had the distinct honor of cosplaying so good that she got hired by a gaming company to change their protagonist's face (already shown in development trailers) to look like her.
irrationalgames.com/insider/we-love-our-bioshock-cosplayers-so-much-we-hired-one/

bump