Tree of Savior

RIP Centurion Master
Tree of Savior is a korean f2p MMORPG with cute aesthetics and a wide variety of classes.
DL: store.steampowered.com/app/372000/Tree_of_Savior_English_Ver/

BIG REBALANCE UPDATE NOW
treeofsavior.com/page/news/view.php?n=975
Free reset items every day to test builds
treeofsavior.com/page/news/view.php?n=971
Event where newcomers get may as well be lv 300+ weapons for 30 days
treeofsavior.com/page/news/view.php?n=972
Event for returning players
treeofsavior.com/page/news/view.php?n=973
And lastly, there's a daily event to grab rewards and get some info on characters (@Klaipeda, girl west of statue)
Combat System Changes Blog
treeofsavior.com/page/news/view.php?n=984

treeofsavior.com/page/news/view.php?n=974
Current players please input your details here:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1CRTDc2evOPyTa4Xn5NZt-vO1g-PpFL9eBWGE4S0xwqw/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=1865303421

8ch guild Infinity is on the [NA] Klaipeda server, currently led by Imix.
To join you'll probably want to go to a city and post team name, location and channel (you can change channels above your minimap) @ Discord: discord.gg/EsZMJsV

Skill Simulator:
tos.neet.tv/skill-planner

Addon Manager - jToS (Ask for a list of what addons to get):
github.com/JTosAddon

General Database (Items, EXP tables, some builds):
tosbase.com/
tos/neet/tv
>How do stats work now? See second pic.

Important Beginner Tips
A good example is the repeatable A Soldier's Favor in Miners' Village for Klaipeda
Orsha has more exp cards, Klaipeda more stats and items

Special quests
docs.google.com/document/d/1POy4XkZVoBwi6i8RW4P3fuMUNWvsgboY88s9bbXx4nQ/edit?pref=2&pli=1
forum.treeofsavior.com/t/bulb-hidden-quest-and-useful-information-might-have-spoil-bulb/65899
forum.treeofsavior.com/t/list-of-gimmick-rewards/256584

NEW map guide for collections hunting
toscamp.com/map_en/map3.8.php

NEW earth tower full guide for all the people grinding endgame
docs.google.com/document/d/1HWygKXsVXtJPNTKAvwD6_dvuAXPScAcycwD80jF-ycA/preview?pref=2&pli=1

Discord: discord.gg/EsZMJsV
old thread in limbo >>12562414 (ded)
OP Template pastebin: pastebin.com/5rXNLvgS

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.treeofsavior.com/t/ktest-ktos-class-rework-thread-important-info-in-1st-post/354628
poal.me/mpoigp
forum.treeofsavior.com/t/drop-system-reworked-fully-implemented/351175
discord.gg/z7FBE4N
tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/tu5bxcgtam/
discord.gg/4HKyE
github.com/JTosAddon/Tree-of-Savior-Addon-Manager
docs.google.com/document/d/1y-SDK8r9pLfJgmWPmwMFqQbRjbZkquyuIGWFukH-61c/edit
tos.neet.tv/items/503101
discord.gg/8ZQRXm
treeofsavior.com/page/class/
discord.gg/S5BnZA
tos.neet.tv/items?q=unidentified
forum.treeofsavior.com/t/announcement-for-dpk-issue-maintenance/362411
forum.treeofsavior.com/t/the-bug-still-here-please-imc-check-this/362750/13
forum.treeofsavior.com/t/dpk-bug-lets-consolidate-the-events-that-have-occurred-so-far/362799
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The hell did they do to the Centurion master?

Removed from the game since the class hasn't been available since Beta. They might be reintroducing the class later as a hidden one but that is just a rumor at the moment.

Last time I considered playing the game there was some spear throwing class that killed entire groups of enemies with one throw. Is that still possible?

So has this game actually improved noticeably since launch?

I've been doing exactly that but I kind of have an overpowered lv50 spear that hits like a lv300+ one (Lasts 30 days, but it has no sockets and you can't really upgrade it). The class is Hoplite and spear throw takes Hop rank 3. The skill features a slow ability and deals three hits per attack, the AoE is fairly large. You may already be aware of this but afterwards you have to be near the spear's landing area in order to reuse spear throw and deal full damage with everything else.

Sounds neat. How fast can someone get to hoplite 3?

Played 6 runs 230 dungeon and leveled super fast better than x8 token. Tried my sapper- cannoneer full str pvp and I sucked hard but that's expected because of weak equipment, pve build and me sucking. This fucking class uses too much mana for skills and cooldown is long but I like it so whatever. I don't know why sapper 3* skill is shitty and uses lots of resources at least you get broom trap criti at sapper*. Opened gift box steam dlc and got white archer costume.

In this update? Pretty fast, I've been playing a total of 51 hours and I've got a lv 199 swordman and a lv 32 wizard and I didn't really grind that well (I went for quests instead of grinding mobs and going through instance dungeons) nor did I use even half of the dozen x8 exp tomes you get for free from the "novice event".

Cool, thanks man.

I noticed there's a necromancer class, Is it any good? I kinda want to be a qt necromancer girl.

Make all classes playable from level one and I might consider downloading it.

only if you want games to play themselves while you shitpost

perfect

I don't see the problem.

I've never played an MMO before. Is this worth the time, is the P2W unfair, is it toaster-friendly (as much as an MMO can be)?

Only if your time worth jackshit
It's a PvE game, so it can't possibly be unfair. But it's there.
It's surprisingly not despite emulating 2D styile. Something like Balde & Soul, god forgive me for mentioning it, has lesser requirements for running at 60 fps maxed than TOS.

I know I shouldn't be expecting much of Holla Forums anymore, but come on

probably never gonna play, but what kinda map does this music play?

Let's be honest user, every RPG class is one of those 3. Because they're the most basic of basic classes from which everything is derived. You either take damage, deal damage, or fix damage. That's the barebones of RPG classes.

It is.

So long as it's playable without spending cash. I know a lot of MMOs will eventually put your balls in a vicegrip until you shell out some bucks, that's my main concern.

Fuck. I guess I'd have to try it; I can live with a low but stable FPS. I've never had a powerful rig in my life so I'm used to it by now.

if there's one positive thing I can say for sure about this game, it would be that it has nice music

You're part of the problem with this board, get out

You don't need to spend a cent to play it. The premium-ifying item can be bought on the market with in-game money.

Nah.
Maybe try reddit next time.

It was nerfed a lot.
It used to be the strongest hoplite skill damage-wise(for some reason it dealt double the damage it showed), and it also had no cooldown. Have that alongside it's fairly high AoE area and ratio and you have maybe the best skill in the game.
Now it deals ok damage and has a low cooldown. but it's still a great skill

Any skill is OP with those event gears, cherish them while you can.

I was a bit confused at seeing her in game, but also seeing that Centurion was in the ? rank on Tosbase. Now it makes sense. A real shame too since that was one of the most unique ideas for a class in an MMO.

What about the other classes in that category like Piper, Shepard, and Mimic? Same deal?

Those other classes are more theoretical, although Pied Piper, and Centurion are briefly visible in this trailer from last year. Centurion as mentioned before was available in one of the earlier betas but was removed for being buggy and just very strange. Not sure if they'll reintroduce them for Rank 9.

Pied Piper is shown at 1:55 and Centurion is shown immediately afterwards putting their party into formation.

but Holla Forums doesn't play games

you fags just sit here all day complaining about games

Music for one of the big bad bosses if I remember correctly. And like>>12618866 said, one thing you can't take away from this game is the music.

Has the head spaz glitch been fixed yet?

What glitch? :^)

Spring Art Contest winners were announced, here's your new loading screens for the foreseeable future.

I'll take that as a no. Fuck this game

What's a good build for a Monk?

thats what image boards are for you stupid fag, if you wanted a circlejerk about your homo anime game you could always try reddit or neogaf

For what purpose?

melee classes feel the comfiest in controller

It's funny, because according to your definition, imageboards ARE still circlejerks with the only diference being anons mindlessly shitting on games instead of mindlessly praising them ala neofag.

i recognize that rabbit boy

picrelated

One more link to mechanic changes
forum.treeofsavior.com/t/ktest-ktos-class-rework-thread-important-info-in-1st-post/354628
I'm not sure it was mentioned anywhere or it was implemented before that patch but there are no more bonus stats from hurr durr dumping all points in one stat.

Took a while to farm the fucking mats but I finally managed to craft a red-gold whatever weapon.

Could've just made a 5hammer with lvl4 red gems instead. Low level weapons really aren't worth spending money on considering how quick leveling is. Just buy a really cheap one, upgrade it two or three times and then just keep it for alts or resell it.

Perfect.

I'm planning on Cleric3/ dunnolol/ Monk3/ Inquisitor. That filler slot could be Priest for Resurrection, Krivis for some utility, Pally for another attack and some utility, or Dievdirbys for utility. Haven't decided yet.
As far as stats go they are less important now with gear being the deciding factor. Just make sure you can hit things and don't OOM.

I voted for the first and fourth ones. Very glad the first made the cut. Not surprised by the other three.

(checked)
I really wanted to like 3, but I didn't like the South Park art for the character. 4 is kinda cringey, and there was a better one like it that should have won.

I liked one for its delicious thighs, but it felt too sweet. The other two I voted for and are breddy gud.

On the whole I was hoping the ones with more titties made it in. Oh well.

Holy shit
Hot damn I'd expect the official forums to be full of brown-nosing, cock-sucking, fan boys, but seeing it in action is rustling my jimmies.

Meme hammer is shit now. With 5 lvl 4 gems, it'll give about 500 atk at most. Valia at +5 is more than that, and gives holy property attack. The only benefit of meme hammer is the aoe ratio now.

poal.me/mpoigp

I don't have a lot of time to grind on another game, how feasible is it to play this let's say, clearing 1-2 maps worth of quests per day?
I noticed event rewards seem to mostly be disposable time-limited trash like boosters and buff items, and tokens are also limited, but are there too many other timed items that'd make it unfeasible to not play a lot?

It'll generally take you 15 mins to an hour to finish a map's worth of quests depending on your build and the map.
You can totally play for a couple hours at a time and make some progress on your character.

You have the overkill event weapons that last a month and a dozen 8x exp tomes that last 14 days that work the best on dungeons.

Quests are somewhat shit exp wise when you compare them to dungeons that you can run twice per day, take 15 minutes and give you boosted exp when using the exp tomes while exp cards aren't boosted by those.

You deserve this

Thanks kinda wrong. Tank is not really needed at all. Just AoE and healer and you're golden

Corsair confirmed being able to stand on its own

Nice trips

Taking name suggestions

Goatohell

I got red beret hat from steam dlc box.

Corsair is like the closest thing you can get to playing an RO assassin in this game, it's great.

Any europoors play on Klaipeda? What's the ping like seeing as we don't have an 8/v/ eu guild.

Guild's leprechaun mascot here, I get a ping of about 30-60

Ebin.

Farmed for hours and nothing dropped. Can someone explain how drop system works? If it's dpk does my kills still count after I logoff or leave map? Let's say I killed 500 monsters and some other player come can he take drop I worked for?

Here's a link that kind of explains the current system. The game uses progressive percentage or "scaling" DPK for some things, and straight RNG for most other stuff.

forum.treeofsavior.com/t/drop-system-reworked-fully-implemented/351175

All kills count and the counter only resets when the item drops (not sure if maintenance or server crashes reset the DPK counter). Yes someone else can come and get the drop you put effort into working towards. But the newer system also allows for the item to drop before the counter has reached the maximum value. So even if you only put 500 kills towards a 10,000 DPK item, those 500 kills might increase the probability enough for it to drop on one of your 500 kills if you're lucky. So it's less about being the lucky bastard to be on the map and get the EXACT 10,000th kill, and more about being lucky whilst the counter is getting closer to 10,000.

I miss the old Ragnarok class system, it felt more fleshed out and less random.

That discord link is dead, how can I get in the guild?

discord.gg/z7FBE4N

blame glassarmour for being a faggot and using a dead discord link.

niggah whut?
a sw3>cat3>goon2 plays hella different from a sw>pel>hop>cat3>goon2. they're effectively different classes. and thats even on top of weapon choices where you can go 2h spear, stick and shield, or stick and dagger albeit stick and dagger is dumb because 2h is better almost in every way.

I picked this up recently and I've been struggling to find a decent swordsman build that looks interesting. Are there any good Shinobi builds out there? I'd take a corsair build too if Shinobi is complete shit

Shinobi is meh right now . Its only able to combo with certain class Skills depending on what u want ur shinobi for . If u want shinobi to use ur other skills and utilize clones the most that can be used would be Pelt , Rodel , and Murmilo which would be a good combo to each other . Otherwise Swordsman > HL > Corsair > Shinobi . If you shinobi for the sake of looking cool or just love it and have lots of patience then this is ok . If u want it cus its there then i rather suggest you take something else as other builds are more well paring without shinobi .

What the fuck is this shit?

Just play MapleStory.

Then ur in the wrong thread mate go back to cash shop online and dont turtle here .

That sounds interesting. How many circles of swords/hl/corsair?

I was personally shooting for Sword1/ High1/ Barb2/ Corsair3/ Shinobi, but I assume his to be Sword1/ High3/ Corsair3/ Shinobi
His is probably the better choice.

My reason for not taking Barb is cus barb skills dont combo with Clones except for 1 skill (i dont remember which) but its not good enough of a valid reason to take . With HL atlease u know u will be able to utilize clones . Or worst come to worst SW3 > Rodel > Corsair3 > Shinobi . But yea SW > HL3 > Cos3 > Shinobi .

I didn't know what skills didn't combo with clones. Good to know thanks.

Nice, thanks a bunch. Which skills in SW, HL, and COS should I be shooting for to combo with? I've got Tosbase's skill builder up

Is this fun now?

But nothing, that sounds unforgivably retarded. I guess it isn't fun.

Why would I want to do that to someone? How would I do that on purpose?

It's actually near impossible to intentionally steal DKP drops with the newer system, since even if you've somehow been counting every kill from everyone on the entire map, you still won't know exactly when the item will drop since it's only the percentage that goes up with each kill rather than it being a strict countdown. It's entirely possible for a 20,000 DKP item to drop like 1000 kills after the previous drop if you're lucky. So it's less like a communist food line for gear where someone can cut in front of you, and more just like a regular loot system now.

Shinobi is fucking weird. There's only a few skills that the clones can copy and they're mostly multi-hit stuff from the lower skill trees. Other than for farming, I don't know why anyone's suggesting Corsair3, since it means you need to take Shinobi at Rank 8 which is basically unjustifiable given the scaling on Murmillo and Lancer skills compared to Shinobi.

The most popular Shinobi build that I've seen is SW1 -> Pelt2 -> Rod3 -> Shinobi -> Murmillo. This gives you a lot of cloneable skills for very high burst which is something that Shinobis are really good at, really good survivability and high block rate, and the amazing Murmillo skills which still give you good damage even when clones are on CD.

Why would someone do that to you? How would someone do that on purpose?

wew lad

You know you can just talk to the guy that cucked you out of your item

I dont have a solid build for that as im running Pelt2 > Rodel3 > Shinobi > Murmilo build . Each build has its ups and downs . My build gives me burst dmg while clone is up and leaves me a walking redundant semi tank with low dmg as im still on my way to murmilo which should stabilize once im there . But ill try to make something for ya .

i did list that option but he does not want that . and although u get shinobi at R8 u get to become a shinobi shooting bullet pirate hell that fires lots of dmg . Is it good? its OK . Would i do that? im Pelt Rodel soooo lol . Also pelt Rod skills have been nerfed after revamp so u wont hit as hard as before nor will you be tanky and i assume this is the reason he does not want that .

This build is FAR from perfect as only serves as a GUIDE LINE . If you decide something better then its better to follow suit . This build makes it PVP ish . tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/tu5bxcgtam/ . If any 1 else has a better suggestion just post it here thx .
Honestly im more confident in the rodel pelt build but this should work and should not make you too dependent on the clones .

I'll take both of these into consideration. Thanks, anons. I'm kinda new at this

Alright anons, I decided to take somewhat of a plunge into this for now. I need some build help: What to get after this point?

Here's what I am most likely going for in the future if I get that far:
Cleric 2 for more heals and divine might
Miko for damage/kagura
Krivis 1 for Daino (how important is it really? worth a rank?)
Possibly ending with a R8 class

Chaplain is an hidden class for R5 if you have already priest 3 and is pretty good. You get two massive buffs, one for the team and one for you alone, that substancially increase damage on your attacks and stacks with Sacrament. Magnum Exorcismus is kinda lame imo, I'd recommend maxing the buff table skill. Basically you build a table and applies and refresh your priest buffs to everyone in range.

At R6 I'd recommend krivis for daino alone. Even tho its possible to buy scrolls, one rank is Krivis yield cheaper, more reliable and more usefull buffs. Daino at lvl 7allows you to stack 7 more buffs iirc, so you allow your team to use their self buffs ontop of your priest buffs without knocking buffs off the bar and generally causing a mess in people's rotations.

At R7 forth, go wild. Some go miko for the damage buff, other go jewmancers for the hp buff and number fuckery. Its entirely possible to go cleric 2 at R7 and miko at R8 and while you get nothing too fancy, you turn into an absolute buff machine that makes any shitter into a avatar of divine punishement.

You should go C2 and after or before that Chaplain as it's pretty much just P4.

daino at lvl 5 allows you to stack 7 more buffs*

I was thinking of specifically not getting Chaplain since it doesn't seem to offer much support-wise other than re-applying what I already have (Also I don't want to dump 15 points on aspersion), is Last Rites extremely good?

Jewmancer can get a little crazy with certain combinations even outside of the double max HP thing. Revenged Sevenfold can apply to a bunch of different stuff other than you, including Bokor zombies, Converted monsters, and Inquisitor mines. Anything hits them and boom, 7x 50% matk for each unit hit.

Another option at R7 is Plague Doc, you get a single target buff that turns whoever gets it into Wolverine and makes you regen faster than pretty much anything can kill you. Plus, you get a flamethrower. Earlier I watched a wizard fail to kill a Plague Doc since he was just healing faster than the wizard could throw him around with telekinesis.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing about Chap. It's good for soloing since the buffs allow you to just basic attack everything to death with ease. Very mindless but very reliable. If you want to become an unstoppable jew, you could go Pardoner instead and sell buffs. The downside of the Chaplain table thing is that the buff it gives overwrites the basic versions of Blessing etc, and it lasts way shorter than those. You can kind of cheat the duration by stepping out of the AoE of the table and back in to refresh the buffs at the last second, but it's super awkward to do that in combat.

Maybe just go Diev for that rank so you can warp around and reduce the cooldowns and SP costs of your friendos.

Did they change the map completion system? I made a new character and now it has all the maps my main has explored.

Yep, map exploration is shared between chars now, that includes 100% map cards

Well that's fucking stupid, now I can't get those exp cards.

No, you can get them just go talk to the wings of __:^)_ woman.

Did they toned down the p2w? What about WoE? How`s the late game grind?Do they have some massive group leveling like lhz_03 from ragnarok? Is the bot situation under control?

I have cute chinese 2D girls as a bargain chip

For them being so "good" I never see them around. Shit I only see like 2 since this whole event started.

These are also my questions

There's still an ongoing thing about the p2w; they just added a new 10TP cube that has a chance, albeit apparently an extremely low chance, of dropping Practonium, a Diamond Anvil, and level 9 & 10 Gem Abrasives (each one is enough gem xp to take a gem from 1 star to 7 / 8 star instantly) amongst some other stuff. Players were justifiably mad when the cube was announced, but it's been out for a few days and mostly people are just getting junk from them, so the chance of getting anything good seems to be very low. Other than that cube it's mostly just vanity shit like costumes and stat/skill resets, or team name changes. The most P2W aspect is probably Tokens since having a token gives you such a wide variety of benefits, but those can be sold on the market for silver so iunno.

Not sure about the GvG or how it compares to WoE, I've never seen it, but if it's anything like regular PvP in this game, it should be pretty crazy and chaotically imbalanced. Late game grind is a mix of Hunting Grounds and Earth Tower. Hunting Grounds are specialized open-world maps that have enemies that give multiplied exp and loot, people form groups to go and grind there for gear and faster levelling since questing isn't as good later on and there are only so many instanced dungeons you can do per day. Earth Tower is a high level 40-floor instanced dungeon that is notorious for its difficulty. Each floor has objectives that need to be completed on a timer, however you are also challenged with monsters that deal a lot of damage, the inability to use Soul Crystals to revive yourself (so Priests and Chronomancers are the only way to revive friends), and very high mob density. Earth Tower is run for the extremely good gear it provides. You also need to grind to get money and do missions for a Convent to get Gems that are used to transcend your end-game weapons and shit.

The bot situation is a lot more under control now, I've seen like two since I started playing again. RMT shouters are also mostly gone.

Apparently they're just sleeper op then. A lot of people decided to go Corsair 3 or Doppel or Shinobi for rank 8 instead, so not many people seem to be aware of what they can do, but I've seen a few dueling in town and with their burst and gapclosing and the helm that makes them almost immune to magic effects they can be very difficult to take down and can end fights almost instantly.

That doesn't alleviate the P2W of that very much.
Good to see bots are under control though.

Not much, but it does at least mean that a lot of idiots are pissing away a lot of their money for nothing when they could just be buying tokens and selling them on the market or something more reliable.

i want to join the guild, i'm Amducias in Klapeidia and in channel 2 apparently

As he said you can redeem them all, but the total amount rewarded has been reduced to compensate for that. Still enough to skyrocket a character to 40 or 50.

The cubes are basically whale items, from a statistical standpoint you're going to have to drop major cash, and at best all you're doing is avoiding a grind for the same end good that everyone else can make. Paying to not play, basically.

For the average player, the 10TP cubes are a complete waste. Only the fattest of whales will go after these.

Did you join the Discord server/get invited yet? I can hop in during the next few minutes to grab you if you need it.

That link was expired for me. I'd like an invite too

discord.gg/4HKyE

Tree of Savior Addons

Step 1: Download JTOS Addon Manager (previously excrulion addon manager)
github.com/JTosAddon/Tree-of-Savior-Addon-Manager

Step 2: Open up manager, point to your TOS folder, the manager has both old english TOS addons and
newer JTOS addons

Installation guide
docs.google.com/document/d/1y-SDK8r9pLfJgmWPmwMFqQbRjbZkquyuIGWFukH-61c/edit

Starter List of Good addons:

ITOS

BetterQuest - displays all possible quests within your level range that you can do
CoolDown Tracker - addon that lets you script cd tracker + custom messages for skills
Exp Card Calculator - Shows how high you can level up based on the exp cards you have
Exp Viewer - shows exp per hour, ETA until level up
Map Fog Viewer - shows fog on map as red tiles so it's easier to 100% a map
Monster Frames - displays monster info including HP, armor type, element, weakness etc
Stat Viewer - shows key stats in moveable pop up window
Tooltip Helper - displays additional tooltips for items

JTOS
Barrack Item List English - let's you see your alt's inventory, equip, storage, etc
CamCon - newer, better version of Zoomy for changing camera angle, zoom etc
Map Mate - displays extra info next to minimap such as monsters in map, npcs, etc
mzMusic - let's you change game songs
Treasure Map - shows treasure chests you can collect on map

I'm thinking about trying this, I usually play healers, who is the best healing class and are they wanted in group content? Baring that is there a good pet class for solo play?

pet classes - hunter (dogs) falconer (bird)

there's mount classes too, catapract, lancer/dragoon, swarz reiter, hackapelle

Clerics were previously the single most powerful class branch, thanks to having massive amounts of utility and some classes being able to dish out incredible damage.

Since the rebalance, several of the major cleric builds have been destroyed, so it's much harder to make a cleric that does significant damage.

The basic cleric right at the start has the ability to place healing tiles, so it's really a matter of what you want to do beyond healing people. Basically, no healsluts

Thank fucking god.

Cleric; but then you've got a bunch of subclasses for cleric that have different buffs and way to help their party.

Of course, everyone is a fucking jew that doesn't want to use pots.

Cleric 2 / Priest 3 is healsut to the max and throw in Krivis 2 and you're a healslut and buff machine.

Thanks for info, it's dling now.

Just started downloading as well. What's the actual gameplay differences between classes? Should I do my reading and minmax or just jump in and pick what looks cool?

alot of really weak but really unique

for instance bokors can spawn up to 20 zombies and run around in a map in a congo line killing low hp monsters, or they can go magic route, but they are not something to base your entire build around

swordfags are pretty much swordfags, but they have alot of differences too, peltastas are mainly for aggroing monster, rodelero are for tanking, shinobi are the kurito, catas are the run fast sword class

wizards aren't that strong except for some builds, but they specialize in alot of CC skills (kino, cryo, chrono) and party buffs

The 4 classes are the pillar of your toon.
Swordman is the easiest, it's auto attack has AoE, starts as a weak tank/dps and you can improve your tanking even further or go for DPS/crowd control. You can sprint into shit to die faster and later on you may ride special pets and attack while using them and while you can use magic staffs you just beat shit with them.

Wizards' auto attack is ranged and single target; you get a couple of nukes and debuffs. Afterwards you can get even more nukes, crowd control or buffs. Expect to whiff a lot because you were facing the wrong direction or you waste a nuke on one of those fucking tree crystals because of auto targeting.

Clerics start off as healsluts and Archers do damage.

At higher ranks you get the ability to increase the amount of shekels/drops you earn by a lot using class specific skills and turning characters into shop keepers.

Some builds let you min max while looking cute but some look cool and are complete garbage because the fucker that wrote them did so before the patch and can't do basic math, giving you a wasted character slot if it wasn't for the daily resets.

Thinking about getting back into this. I played it for a few hundred hours total, though I only got my two characters level 140ish each.

The reworks have me intrigued, but does it actually change any of the tedium? I eventually stopped once I realized that my playtime amounted to mission/dungeon grind, and forcing myself along with the shitty main quests (which at that point had become horrendously boring). Last played almost a full year ago, to give you a scope of where I'm coming from.

yeah thats what i don't get about this game. The builds seem to be designed around the idea you are supposed to fuck up your character with shitty builds so you buy tokens.

I wanted to like this, but I suppose I'm just burnt out from MMOs and I see the end game being what I'm doing now with bigger numbers.

Don't use Advanced Skill Tooltips, it no longer works and skills have empty tooltips, Enhanced Collection also seems to be broken as it showed an empty window for me.

wait did they fix necro?
last i heard zombie ai is broke

With the combat changes, should I even put points into dexterity for a melee dps or just pour all into strength?

The amount of Dex you should invest in depends on your ping.

I was reading a monk guide that suggested 110 total dex so Monstrance could bring it up to 150 which is supposedly the soft cap before diminishing returns, but I haven't tested this.

kek

I could probably walk into Dina Bee Farm and see 3 necros afk soaking up drops right now.

Shame there are no PvP servers, would be much simpler to fix that problem.

Or just make you stop getting stuff or turning the summons off after 5 minutes of inactivity. Or even simpler, just have a duration on those summons so they need to be constantly recast like most buffs in the game.
Then again, it's so easy to mess with the game that an addon that tricks the game into thinking you're active could be easily made. Auto re-casts would be considered botting tough.

Due to circumstances I have to play on a SEA server. Any SEA monkeys visiting, please drop Liset a tell and I'll help you out as much as I can.

Where you banned?

Grinded to lvl 100 through zones with my 3 archer. Now I have no idea wtf i am doing. i know there are zones and questsand thats about it. I hear people talking about dungeon groups. I thought the internal areas were the dungeons?

I don't even know where lvl 100 equipment comes from. I'm still in my starter gear. (except for the super weapon they give you)

In fatc you can't be sure what you are doing is any good since the weapons you have are so OP anything works.

Now I'm having second thoughts about my planned Musketeer using crouch fire and pavise shield.

There are open world dungeons like the hunting grounds and stuff, but there are instanced dungeons too. You can type "/indun" in game to bring up the instanced dungeon ui to see a list of all of them, where they are, and their level requirements, but to queue up for them you need to go to the entrance for that dungeon.

Gear levels come in waves, at 100 the highest gear you can use is level 75 equipment, until you get to 120 when you can start using level 120 gear, then 170, 220, 270, 315, and 330 for the top-tier Legendary stuff. Generally gear is either crafted from recipes that drop in dungeons or in the field, or obtained directly from loot-cubes from dungeons/missions/DKP drops. Gear that you get directly from quests is usually sub-par but it's better than nothing. TL;DR if you want good gear either rice it up or look on the market.

Similarly to RO, gear stats are all over the place and some low-level equipment eclipses high-level equipment to the point where you can use the same stuff for a long time without needing to upgrade. For example these gloves tos.neet.tv/items/503101 are available at level 15, but are so good you can use them until end-game and the only thing you'd lose out on is a little defence and maybe some accuracy or crit rate depending on what other gloves can give.

The super weapon they give you as a new player from the current event is truly ridiculous, but with how broken Pardoner Blessing is right now, you can go around one-shotting everything with vendor trash weapons anyway, so everyone's in sort of the same boat in that regard. If you want to link your build maybe we could give you some pointers or just let you know if that build is trash or not.

So I just made my cleric and I'm starting out. What is the best input set up? I'm used to normal wasd + mouse from other mmos. I fucked around with controller and movement seemed better but not sure on ability targeting later on.

What input set up do you all use?

There is no best just whatever you feel best with, I play an archer with a controller and have no problems.

mouse+kmb for archer and wizard, while controller is rather comfy for swordie and cleric

Bokors use zombies, necros use skellies.

Controller is better since you don't have to press two buttons at the same time to move diagonally. This means that if you have to attack diagonally using a keyboard and it's one of those shit USB ones that can't press say up,left,shift+w at the same time you'll end up shooting your 40s cd skill to the left or right; not really an issue after you get used to it when you really want to use a keyboard.

Can you effectively shoot in the opposite way you're moving with controller? Didn't seem possible with just keyboard, at least. It is possible with M+K.

How good would Archer 1/Ranger 3/Appraiser 1/Fletcher 3 be for a build? I'm a little worried about not having Archer 2 for the Swift Step crit rate attribute.

Barely played during CBT, returned with rebalance patch as it actually looks way more fun than the dumb prepatch mechanics.
How is current Fencer? I saw crit stuff got rebalanced hard and with p.atk now affecting armor penetration I'm not sure if dex is worth it, but I still do want to try it. Also is sw3 pel1 cor1 dat hat fen3 good enough with enough skills to spam without downtime? Read that sw3 is more or less mandatory for most builds due to attack buff(s) and superarmor, is it so?

Yeah, with controller you face the direction you want to shoot in and start shooting, once you start shooting, as long as there are targets in that direction your character will keep facing that way and will auto-target them for shots whilst you're free to move in whatever direction you want with the left stick. When there's nothing left in that direction your character will start shooting in the direction you're moving. You can click the right stick for target lock to focus on one particular target for auto-attacks in a group instead of switching to whatever target is closest which is what the auto-target system generally focuses on first.

That build is ok. You're right about losing out on the crit rate from the attribute being a downside, crit rate is difficult to come by now especially since Dex doesn't provide it any more, it just provides crit attack which is worth far less. But it isn't that huge of a deal, since you have Crit Shot and Blindside to compensate somewhat. Fletcher is pretty good. You might want to consider dropping Appraiser though, Blindside and Overestimate look nice, but that's all the class really offers, and if you thought the appraisal thing might be good for money-making, well, none of the "shop" classes are actually good for making money. If you drop Appraiser you can finish Fletcher one rank earlier, opening up Rank 8 for the insane scaling of Mergen. The only thing that build lacks is serious AoE, which Mergen helps make up for a little but you still won't hold a candle to something like Sapper3Falc3.

That build is also ok. You should have more than enough skills to spam. Plus you get to be a pirate. SW3 is preferred for the reasons you stated but isn't mandatory.

What you're talking about with controller isn't any different than how keyboard works and I don't think it's good at all for Archer. M+K probably works the same under the hood but it'll let you basically instantly turn to where your mouse is.

Are there any good private servers for this yet? I'm not going to shell out dosh to reinvest my skill and stat points, especially when patches might change balance and what's good. Especially with shit like in the OP happening.

They gave us for two weeks free reset of everything.

What about before and after that two week period?

Will play on ktos since it seems it will have better future than this dead itos. Quit my cannoneer yesterday.

You can reset skills, rank and points until 30 of this month I think to try to figure a good build after rebalance patch. I'm sure there will be more resets in future after some patches if this game stays alive.

Before now they apparently gave out a free rank reset to everyone about 4 months ago when another patch happened, I think that might've been the rank 8 patch? But I wasn't playing then so iunno. Now with this event where everyone has basically had two weeks of daily resets for everything in tandem with the new player event, it seems that they might be becoming more forthcoming with free resets since the lack of that freedom of experimentation is one of the most criticized aspects of TOS. They'll probably hand out more resets when Rank 9 or another big balance patch comes out.

There are no actual private servers, but someone made an open-source server emulator called Melia at the end of the OBT, which last I heard was capable of at least loading characters into the game-world, but quests, items, and monster-ai, stuff like that wasn't working. I don't think the project has been updated much since. Unless the same thing that happened to Gravity happens to IMC, the likelihood of TOS ever getting functional private servers is basically zero.

Or maybe they'll be that much more stingy because they just gave away so many resets for free.

Thinking of making a spear sword, should I go 1h
Hoplite or 2h Cataphract?

go cata. i need a trot bro to charge in and go vlad on our enemies.

They gave the first rank reset at the start of January, as a "hey we made a thing".

They hadn't refined it, so it actually could't preserve class exp. I made the mistake or resetting an R6 in the verge of being R7, and she ended up stuck as a "brand new R6" at level 220. Eventually deleted her and made a replacement archer a few months later.

Hey, can I get an invite to the discord?
Link is expired.

discord.gg/8ZQRXm

Is there a guide anywhere on all the extra stat points from quests/statues? I've gotten plenty or random +1 stat point/items from blue quests now, but I'm starting to go insane from going back to complete all these lower level quests.

No I moved to HK for a job. Is there really no one here playing on SEA Varena?

You have my sympathies.

HK is the good China. They even have songs about how much they hate mainlanders.

Yea HK benefits from a hundred years of british rule so they're actual civilized compared to the mainlanders. At least until china curbstomps them for having too many independent thoughts.

Can you guys give me any hints for Sorcerer build? Stuff like cards,stats

templeshooter best card

after that the demon lord boss cards (rexipher/helgasircle etc)

most of the other cards suck, tomb lord has some cool spells but not worth it, elleganos is the only summon with monster KB I think

Alright,and what about the stats? I read that SPR makes a big difference for summons but if I add points into that I'll be weak until I actually get Sorc

i tried full spr and it was shit so i went back to full int

but i heard something about if you're riding your summon it does something with the magic attack

alright nerd, explain the synergy here, because i don't have a fucking clue what these classes do

kino you do icewall + psychi pressure

wizard1 is no biggie

i dunno anything about warlocks

rune caster makes people big and has some magic nukes and a skill that increases ice dmg

it's not my build, I just saw it in a group today.

So I'm about to hit lvl 15 on Cryo3, I originally planned on going Sorcerer3 next but I'm open to suggetsion on what could be a fun build

Cider's Petting Zoo now open for business

What a shitty build holy shit.

This guy must party exclusively since I don't see him soloing anything effectively.

Kino 3 gives you attributes that acts like Surespell for both psychic pressure and gravity pole, so you dont need wiz2.
Outside of that, the basic combo here is icewall + PP so you send ice shards flying from the walls into enemies, usually killing bosses in seconds, RC buff that effect.
Warlock probably because FF doesnt quite fit.

Coming back after the rebalance, game looks and runs way better now, want to start a new character to solo run the quest and explore the maps(pve all in all), so wich class would be the best for this?

bruh, this ain't a tryhard game unless you're willing to try some really shady shit if you go afk necro be ready to have the full force of infinity crash down on you.

to get you started pick a general combat style you like:
swordsman
wizard
archer
cleric

then check pic related treeofsavior.com/page/class/

for the classes under that combat style, any of them, you then ask around in our discord discord.gg/S5BnZA for build advice.

they remade the first 100 levels to be an absolute cakewalk. you have to want to do all the quests if you want to 100% the early maps because its so easy to get started now. if you need advice, just ask. orsha ch1 is pretty much infinity territory. you can often find fags chilling there if you are too immersed to look for someone using discord.

yes its way easier now, building a cryokino just today and already went to 110, no quest or grind just dungeons and maps cards that I have explored with my main, but as I said I want this new character to get all the quests plus the grind mobs archivement(kill x them talk to vibora) wich is why I'm asking for a good build for solo run pve since later on 230+ I keep hearing that pve gets way more brutal.

if you want easy vibora cards, you'd want mobility and a quick way to dispatch mobs. cryokino is neither of those things. your best bet would probs be something from the archer tree as they can kite shit while walking forward or any class that 1-hands and has a circle of peltasta swagpoints if you go cata for the trot

I already got a a meme cata sw3cata3 going dragoon but ye my problem would be if he still can do solo well after 200 or as you said should I go archer and kite with shit like SR3? I heard it became way better now

git on the discord. also cata with no pelt circle is just a faster but weaker barbarian. its a pvp build and is meh tier pve.

i reset my s>p>h>c3>g2 into a s>p>h3>c3 waiting for r9. i can safely say you can clear a good amount of content with goon2 pre-rebalance but i parked my character until r9 comes out so i can't say much about it now.

I see I'll take a look on the SR3 using the appraiser instead of rogue, seens to be the best one as long as you dont get hit. I'm just too sleepy now, got to wake up early anyway, ill try to check here tomorrow if I find some time.

Whoops I'm dumb. Can you believe that even though I tried Kino3 during the event I didn't really mess around with the its attributes and just assumed IMC was incompetent enough to not include something like them?

I know RoF buffs the combo, but it still kinda feels like a waste to not take full advantage of it with Cryo3.
He's probably going Warlock because that's what the, now defunct, original RC Burst guide recommended.

While I was wrong I still think such a build would be very annoying to level, but in all likelyhood he rank reseted into it instead.

Fuck. I missed the reset.

Might look into playing this game again.
Is there a solid solution for how god damn stuttery the game is yet?

Runs way better now, but ye in boss fighters in the open world there still a huge drop on fps when theres like gorillion people there on the fight

Chances whoever drew this wouldn't also question why we let trannies play pretend?

What class goes the fastest attack speed wise? I want to go fast.

The absolute madmen

I grinded for a while in some HG's overall and never got thoses damn weapon cubes, how rare are they?

the games ain't gonna bitch about themselves

tos.neet.tv/items?q=unidentified
I got 2.

Uncommon, until some fuck decides to use a megaphone to say where you get them every 10 monsters.

what the fuck, this is a single player game; when do i get to group up with other people??

Welcome to the MMO experience, post-WOW era.

Sorry for doublepost, but how to play this on Linux? I was thinking about casually playing while watching dogshit anime that I don't care about paying full attention to, but I have been thwarted right at the gates.

I would very much so prefer not to dual-boot into windows just to play this.

I've been playing from level 1 with a friend and it's been quite fun. Admittedly it's a bother if you have to find strangers to play with though. But yeah, the game is not like Ragnarok. You move through the game clearing all the quests on each map.

How else do I make money without having to get a non-combat class? How the fuck does having this limitation even make any sense?

Also the game is easy as fuck, is there any boss you can't two shot with electrocute?

All that people asking for a rollback in the official forums, it's pretty hilarious

Quest bosses are pushovers if you use buffs/event weapons until you get to the end game, then they become fucking walls that can fucking kill you.

Besides end game quest bosses being really fucking strong even if you're using event gear, there's also the dungeon and field bosses.

Get a necro, one of those gay archer classes that can shoot while mounted, run dungeons or nuke creeps on high density maps for one hour.

It doesn't. I assume it's to stop all the fucking chaplain bots from unloading their shit on the market.

I really wish they had more of these. What really grinds my gears right now is the Roxona rebuiling area East. There are virtually no monsters there, but they drop the crafting shit I need at a semi-low rate. I wouldn't really have a problem farming for it if I spent more time killing than walking trying to find something to kill.
There is a couple side areas you can unlock where a SHIT TON of dudes spawn that have double HP and EXP, but they don't drop anything. For no reason I can fathom.

Oh, and as far as I can tell the only other place to farm what I need is a lvl 240 HG

Bye friends

Kek, most likely I'm also fucked GG

forum.treeofsavior.com/t/announcement-for-dpk-issue-maintenance/362411

Shit I should have removed all that spacing.

So AFK necros inflating the economy is okay, but this isn't? People, probably paying customers, getting banned for taking advantage of an exploit is also okay? That's like a supermarket 86'ing you for trying to exploit coupons before that practice became popular.

Wait no I get it now. Necros are okay because they inflate the economy, and therefore the value of tokens goes up, incentivizing more people to buy them. I feel really dumb for not getting this. Uninstalling now.

New Announcement Fags

Greetings Saviors,

As previously announced, we are opening the [NA] Klaipeda and [SA] Silute servers for accounts which don't require items to be retrieved or other processing related to the recent DPK errors.

Also, please note that some accounts will be temporarily suspended due item retrieval procedures and will be unblocked as soon as they are processed by us.

We will be setting separate guidelines for items with high and low DPK ratios and be retrieving the items based on those guidelines.

Accounts shown to have traded large quantities of items or otherwise committed offenses will have all of the items seized and also have suspension periods levied based on the severity of their actions.

We will not be receiving tickets regarding this matter, so we would like to kindly ask for your understanding. There will be a separate announcement once the results have been finalized.

Compensation will be provided to those accounts that had merely been in possession of more than the usual number of items depending on the total duration of the restriction period through another announcement.

Finally, we wish to provide the following items via GM message to your Barracks as an apology for causing so much inconvenience with this issue.

Please retrieve the message no later than until EDT 6th of June 23:59.

The following compensation will be sent to each account.

Our most sincere apologies for the inconvenience and confusion.

Sincerely,
The Faggots at IMC Games

Thank god nobody here farmed battle bracelets!

Go to forum see this
They seriously think about giving a 4-7 day ban to like 50% of their playerbase?
The forums are basically a dumpster fire right now, it's amazing

The forums are always a dumpster fire. Anything remotely critical of IMC is met with scorn.
Now they are unironically praising IMC for doing such a good job handling this. Most of them anyways.

Raplesyrup here holy shit Holla Forums still plays this? I stopped around when they introduced the gacha shit. Is this game worth playing now? Is my full spirit FS PD still viable or is it fucked?

I hated ToS, but if I ever come back, whats the best way to just play a full Guts build? I take it berserker is part of it.

forum.treeofsavior.com/t/the-bug-still-here-please-imc-check-this/362750/13

Next ban wave incoming :^)

I haven't played this game in at least 7 months. I don't remember the 3 purchasable buffs being anywhere near as powerful as they are now. Did IMC lose their marbles and buff them, despite them already being good enough?

Welp, was thinking about getting back in to see how it is now, but guess I'll wait for the next event

you'd be waiting till never then

Maybe that's for the best then

Another reason to laugh at IMC

It gets better.

forum.treeofsavior.com/t/dpk-bug-lets-consolidate-the-events-that-have-occurred-so-far/362799

they managed to bring back players enough to have some hope for the future and not even a week in, this shit happens.

controller play was the only good part of this terribly broken game

Indredasting

Nevar 4get

whoops, here was the better version of the third pic

So guessing after the free 2 week re-specs and this going on just killed the game?

Guess you missed the 2 week free re-spec event? From what I saw the game was the same, and really no reason to come back

The gatcha cube was fucking nothing, just meant you had to convert TP into a different currency (exchange medals) before you could buy costumes. We didn't actually lose access to anything.

You missed out on the reset event man, we had a thread up the entire time about it.
Now, the Leticia Cubes…

How do they keep fucking up? How incompetent can one company be?

How's the actual player numbers looking? Is it still skeleton server like post-release, or has it hit a resurgence in pop? This goes especially for midlevel players (class 4 to class 7).

The game needs a savior but there's nothing to save.
Ragnarok is rolling in its grraaaaaaaaaaavvvvee.
Take it, user.

Is the game extremely laggy for anyone else?

It wasn't for the first 10 minutes I was playing, but then yes. Getting hit by lag so hard I'm having 30 second delay, before eventually getting DC'd.

S A S U G A I M C
A
S
U
G
A

I
M
C

Something needs to be done about the rising homeless population in Orsha!

Did half the thread just vanish for anyone else?

Is there any way of automating spell usage, add-on or no?

I'm getting pretty tired of hitting the Trot button.