NO MORE HEROES

Did anyone here play this? Which game did you prefer? What did you love about the games?

And what the fuck do you think the next "Travis" game will be? I hope it won't be some shitty wrestling game.

Other urls found in this thread:

sourcegaming.info/2017/05/26/straight-from-the-source-goichi-suda-no-more-heroes/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I have no clue at this point if I just imagined it, and that notion bothers me every time a No More Heroes thread crops up.

It's literally art.

Also, best song reporting in:

I played them both because I loved Killer 7.
I preferred the first one because it had a better final boss.
I loved the sort of dark comedy tone it has with cellshading but without being the kind of faggoty bullshit a western dev would make i.e. The Borderlands series.

I imagine the next Travis game will be for all intents and purposes No More Heroes 3 where you can jackoff a joycon to power up the beam katana.
I imagine at this point in time though he may try to make it more Killer Is Dead but with jokes.
By that I mean Travis globe trotting and just dumping you out in levels as opposed to say the open world of NMH1.

I emulated them both years ago.
First one was pretty good. I loved running around the city and digging up collectibles.
Story missions and bosses were good, some of them legit hard without bullshit.
I absolutely hated all minigames though.

Second one was much better. Bosses had a lot more personality to them, more of them being both legit hard and interesting, and core combat was greatly improved, so whacking mobs was great as well.
Story made a lot more sense than the first one which is good point in my book, but many pretentious sudafags will say otherwise.
I absolutely hated all minigames though.

That's wird. The consensus is that NMH1 bosses have more personality and NMH2 mini games are awesome.

However, most people also hate the open world of NMH1 while I agree with you; it was very atmospheric.

That's the first time I see those with the original text and not the ugly scanlations. I could never find the original anywhere.

Thank you.

I loved the first one with the over world and better training along with the themes of the fights. The second had its good moments but rushing up the boss ladder felt along with your allies killing the assassins moving you up even faster felt weak.

Well I remember most of NMH2 bosses, but only returning ones from NMH1.
It's true that last boss and true last boss from NMH1 were god tier, while 2 one was a fucking joke, probably intentionally.

Oh shit i remember this. both games are janky as fuck but i still loved the shit out of them.

They don't really look like fleshed out bosses.

Also Dolphin has free camera option so you can clip through walls during Shinobu's save screen shower scene.

WHAT'S THE MATTER?
FUCKIN WITH ME?
CHICKEN SHIT
GETTIN YER JOLLIES?

Checkmate athetists.

U wot m8?

You gonna post pics or not?

NMH1 was amazing. Not perfect, but the game oozed personality.

NMH2 was good, but didn't live up to the original. The biggest flaw was it lacked the characterization for the other assassins that the first game had. While a few stood out (Looking at you Margaret), the majority were rather bland and lacked any development. Even Letz Shake, the guy you didn't even get to fight in NMH1 had more personality than the majority of the enemies in NMH2.

Shitty remix. Reposting superior original version.

No.
They are on one of my old hard drives and I can't be assed to connect them.
We clearly have emulatorfag ITT, so hopefully he'll go through the trouble.

How long was that coma?

I fucking love that mech design. It's written getter all over it but without that old-school bulkiness.
I wish it had its own ova or something.

Yes you. Go into options and find it.
Post nude shinbu.

Posting best track.

I did. You usually can't see her front. And the model has no nipples or vagina so her limbs covering both is the best I could do.

Stop liking girls not your race.

Wouldn't that also include cute anime girls? I mean, they are supposed to be Japs after all

I honestly prefer Sylvia, but I hate being teased without getting to see the goods. Sylvia at least showed it off in the character model. Shinobu hid behind the curtain.

i'd fuck that skelter helter no problem.

IT'S GETTING A SEQUEL?

Yeah. For switch.

fuck jasper batt jr.

I missed all those use your wiimote as a phone calls because I turned off that feature to save battery, but NMH had an extra setting for it which I didn't notice the first time.
I enjoyed jacking off the wii mote though.
Will NMH3 do meta about SJW localization shitting up vidya?

good to see nintendo is funding exclusives. exclusives are the best the industry has to offer.

Ha ha

your $400 "console killer" was a bad investment, sorry user.

The PS3 port also had some lewd DLC gallery mode.

Into the trash, at least for some years.

This is the most retarded thing

How is this game without motion controls? As in, is it shit if I play it on Dolphin instead of OG hardware?

No difference.
Though jerking a wiimote to charge up saber can be an immersion factor.

Finishers with motion controls are definitely way, way more satisfying. At least the first few hours (and the game isn't much longer than that).

I liked 1 more. The open world was dope, the bosses were pretty legit, the themes were kickass and more memorable than 2 (Reaper is the only one I can actually remember)
Shinobu controls like ass in 2, only like.. one segment as based Henry.
Personally I think the original is vastly better than the sequel, the final boss was more fun, too.
also the bullethells were fun.

as much as i love both no more heroes i gotta say the original is better, but the sequel isn't worth passing on either.

No More Heroes thread?
No More Heroes thread!
Name your Favorite
Assassin?
Katana?
Mini game?
Power up?
Thoughts about Three?

New Travis game will be an indie tier 2D wrestling game if you let this thread die.

This is why we can't have nice things

I don't want to buy a console for two games, one of which doesn't really mean much if I don't play so it would be one game.

Fuck yeah, I loved No More Heroes.
I liked No More Heroes 1 more than 2 for a lot of reasons. I enjoyed the open world of 1 a lot, I really missed it in 2. Driving around on Travis' bike, kicking dumpsters for shirts and sticking my sword in the ground for treasure was fun.

I liked No More Heroes 2's bossfights, but some of the areas before those fights were really fucking bad. One that sticks out in my memory is this grocery store level or something where I had to spend spend like 20 minutes in front of it killing guys who kept showing up in vans before I was finally allowed inside.

I also remember the training gym being a lot harder in NMH2. I was never able to beat some of the last strength training minigames so I beat the game twice without max strength. Made the fights a lot longer than they had to be.

It was really great to get a sequel to NMH even though its sales weren't spectacular, but they took a lot more steps back than forward with NMH2.

Fun fact: The revolver Skelter Helter uses is based on an actual gun that never went into full production.

Fun fact: Everyone knows

I didn't.

It doesn't even look like you can aim it with one hand- shit must be reasonably weighty.

The first game is a must-have for the Wii. Literally one of the finest metaphors for gaming ever created and one of the few truly punk games.
Lollipop Chainsaw was their attempt at making another NMH and it failed miserably. They tried it again with Killer is Dead and it was even worse but at least they learnt to make some pretty fucking great lighting effects. Also there IS another NMH game, it's for mobile and it's got character customization and I never fucking got it to work with my shitphone. So yeah.
Possibly I'd like the game to take a hint or two from the soulsborne or whatever the fuck the new genre of hack and slash is called like and add better tracking and dodging mechanics, but then again it wouldn't be a punk game if it didn't have explicitly clunky and "game-y" mechanics. I wouldn't want more of the same either, NMH2 showed me I just want some novelty to the formula every once in a while.

The most interesting thing about the game though that I barely see anyone talk about is how it still fits canonically within the Killer7 / Silver Case lore and apparently California just seceded after the post-war Japanese retaliation on America. There's so many weird things that get glossed over about the world these people live in.

I wonder why that might be.

Because men are too weak.

Gonna sound like a hipster but I miss the political overtones of Killer7.

Gaming culture references aren't as fun, they are a bit shallow and predictable.

Quads confirm, humans too weak for cool weapons

What do I play the first game on? Did the PS3 and 360 version fix/add enough stuff for it not being worth my time to get this working on Dolphin VR?

That's a nice coalburner you got there Shlomo

Shinobu's part wasn't that interesting (fuck the platforming) but Henry's fight with Mimmy was golden.
The icing on the cake is the fact that Henry didn't just kill Mimmy, but also other bosses and he chides you for complaining that it happened offscreen. That motherfucker.

sourcegaming.info/2017/05/26/straight-from-the-source-goichi-suda-no-more-heroes/

New interview.

Really seems to be No More Heroes 3 except for the name.

Let's hope we see something this E3. NMH1 was announced at E3, right?

came here just to post this crappy oekaki i saved from an oekaki thread

It's really going to be weird playing a No More Heroes game again after all these years.

As a black man it just turns me on more

Bullshit.
There are no niggers or girls on the internet

Much appreciated user

I crie everytime

I don't get it.

lol

ah I misread this and thought it was a No Heroes Allowed thread

But niggers love nintendo

That's the joke

What was wrong with Killer Is Dead? Aside from the story, and even though I caught on to the themes, I'll admit it got out of control in terms of 2deep.

No such thing.
Wait, what?

Nobody cares, also post your Twitter maymays if you're such a REAL NIGGGA

Despite the tedious parts of it I liked the first game better. The 2nd game tried to cut out all of the bad parts of the series and only leave in the good shit but the best parts of 2 are still slightly inferior to the few really fun parts from 1.

Then we can just import him into Fire Pro Wrestling for the PC later this year?

I don't think anyone is worried about aiming when they want a revolver with that many possible shots.

The NMH series is good (still not sure why Takeshi Miike was in it for a second) but all I really want from Suda is a Shinobu game.

with good jumping mechanics

The only thing I found was Garcian Smith was going to attack Travis at the end of NMH. Yet being killed by Henry.

I never understood why people like her so much. Her design isn't awful but not very good either and her personality is literally a trope.

Fast ninja with katana also isn't very unique.

8/v/ does not hate Nintendo, in fact it gets the least Shit of all the consoles here.

Not all of Holla Forums is Holla Forums even after the 2nd exodus, also most of Holla Forums isn't nearly as Nazi as they seem online. In my experience most really don't mind hanging out with blacks or Mexicans and most of them aren't even white.

She's moe.

REAPER REAPER THATS WHAT PEOPLE CALL ME
WHY? 'CAUSE THEY ALL DIE
WHEN I SING I END THEIR LIVES
YOU ACT AS THOUGH PAYBACK MAKES YOU A NOBLE MAN
IS THAT A FACT? WELL YOU'RE A GOD DAMN PHILLISTINE

PLEASE RESPOND

The double dubs of truth. Niggers and bitches btfo.

cuckchain-tier

Why is Suda such a fucking troll?

Will it come out this year or what?

I still can't believe people are sharing my shitty scans from years ago, I'd figure someone would have done a better job by now