2 fucking days, you niggers ready?

Other urls found in this thread:

neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1380816
archive.fo/nsLri
archive.fo/px5sG
steamcommunity.com/app/294860/discussions/0/624075036381183226
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Ready as fuck.

I haven't finished my playthrough of bayonetta for I think it's 6 years now.
I haven't finished Wonderful 101, yet my sister has. It's been I think 4 years.
I brought bayonetta 2 and yet to play it. 3 years of not playing
I never played vanquish
I still have to finish my playthrough of God Hand and it's been like 4 years
I never played a single devil may cry game
I dropped madworld with intent, been like 2-3 years
It's been more than 10 years since I played ninja gaiden 1 or 2 on the xbox (i think) and I haven't finished that game

Quite fucking ready

Would you quit it with that image already? It's like the fucking lena dunham legs again.

That's nice?

Platinum games are utter shit. Bulletstorm is better.

Already bought it, just waiting for it to be preloadable so I can go fast.

Already played it years ago, a bit short and repetitive with bland enviroments but the fact that you can play it either as a fast paced sliding shooter or regular cover shooter might interest some of you who have yet to play it.

I am overtaken by the fatal need to go fast.

Go home, Randy

The original 2011 version.

See but now it's actually funny because you made clever OC with it and not just spamming it everywhere like the other retards.

Bulletstorm is pretty cool, but I wouldn't give Scammy Bitchford a dime for a "remaster" that's almost identical to the original (that pointlessly shoehorned-in Duke Nukem doesn't count).

Why must you shitpost like this?

What are the chances of mouse controls actually being good? No sale from me otherwise.

I just hope it performs better than Bayonetta, I am still waiting for that damn patch.

I look forward to having at least one thread on release that isn't irredeemably derailed. There were at least a few civil Bayonetta re-release threads, but something about Vanquish really brings out the autism.

The.
Absolute.
Madman.

I think it's because it's harder to find things to shitpost about for bayo, whereas vanquish wasn't as popular and is a TPS so everyone can just go >platinum >cover shooting etc.

Is this better?

I though only journos, casuals and shitposters complained about it being a boring GoW cover shooter.

I'd be wary of how short with poor replayability the game seems to be, but for twenty bucks I can overlook that. Not to mention encouraging sega in their current endeavor is always good.

Vanquish, this thread did it to my sides.

that is fucking great

I feel Vanquish gets too much love around here. Good game, but gets old real quick. Would be nice to play with KB+M though, that is they don't fuck up the port.

This game better be as good as you fags keep hyping it. I really want to play a TPS better than Payne.

there's a lot of tps games better than max payne

Please name some. I really like the genre except I haven't played much of what's good in it. Played R&C, DAH!, Gungrave, Binary Domain, EDF and that's about it.

start with phantom dust and crimson sea and gunvalkyrie

I want Reddit to leave

Nigger while good none of those are better than Max Payne

>>>/suicide/

Can you show me what constitutes as fast in this game?

When it comes to Holla Forums hyping PC ports, Dragon's dogma was okay but not to the level of the hype. EDF on the other hand deserved every bit of it. So here's hoping Vanquish in more on the latter's end of the spectrum.

I seen some gameplay videos and it looked like shoot and cover bullshit, does it gets better? or the players were shit?
Anyone have some of that FAST gameplay i heard about?

reddit

You can't play as a loli in Vanquish so there is less bias from Holla Forums

What about it?

True as that may be, it's also platinum which adds some bias back in.

The trailer shows it.

So what does pre order Deluxe edition even have?

This game is baby easy even if you arent a retard that uses cover, its also short and with a generic as fuck story.

Never believe when weebs hype shit. Specially here.

I feel sorry for your shit taste.

Kill yourself, this mediocre game wouldnt even be talked about if it wasnt made by japs.

so why do you buy games you don't like?

Yes yes, Japan is the reason everything is shit. It's OK, I'll let you cry about it some more in a desperate attempt to excuse your shit taste.

You weeb fuckers dont fool anyone here anymore

We need flags on Holla Forums, I bet he's a fucking leaf. They are always shitposting

I ain't even got time to check it out but it's nice to have some of those games on PC before emulation hits.
The port will probably be garbage.

Bayonetta port was good, there is no reason for them to screw up Vanquish

NO TUX NO BUX

Because you fucks keep on recommending it.
even then Dragon's Dogma is a good game, finish it within a few days or so

So you buy whatever shit is recommended without thinking?

Even on Holla Forums some people have herd instincts.

Just a bunch of music and pictures I think.

>All these cunts who don't want to see San Francisco get nuked
What a bunch of faggots

user it's never going to happen

What I wonder is where are the Jews
Why is Trump by himself

Despite the obvious faggotry, I think it's pretty cool place due to predominantly white culture. What you americans need to actually nuke is the bible belt and minority ghettoes. The redneck fundies will just drag everyone else down without contributing anything to the system.

Fucking kill yourself schlomo

Just cut your penis and join the pack user, you don't really fit in here.

That's no rat. That's a wombat. hello wombato

Do you faggots have the 'tism or something?
Its a goddamn video game, a decent one at that?
Is it that hard to make a mediocre post instead of a shit tier off topic one?

Goddamn, Vanquish really does bring the autistic shit creases, holy hell.

Not suprised

Why am I not surprised.

Thanks for the recommendation. I'll check it out.

Why are all of these new media site operators so hostile towards books? Makes you think.

Real books as in ones from before 1990.

It's not mark, its pewter

Any recommendations on how to play Vanquish?

I remember checking out the demo back in the console days and it felt like a clunkier Gears of War. I didn't realize that you are meant to go fast.

Play agressive basically

Never stop moving. Go faster and faster.

Don't shoot a bullet, slide around and fly-kick everything.

Jewter.

Throw a grenade, lob it past the wall the enemy is hiding in. Step 2, jump out + slow mo, shoot the grenade to explode it.

Stick with 2 or 3 main weapons. Each pickup of same wep gives the wep an upgrade. Keep the shotgun upgraded, one hits anything close range and reloads FAST at max upgrade. Use the rocket launcher and the machine gun, headshots do tons of damage. The sniper is great too.

At high difficulty you have to dodge and move every second to not die. And the challenge mode is fun too.
Game will be nice at 120fps and 1080. Also bosses have weakpoints.

So 10am EST?

I guess it's better than 12am, but I was still hoping for a midnight launch.

bait

Can people leaching the game off of family sharing pre-load it? Asking for a friend.
Specifically the friend I'm leeching off of who already pre-ordered it.

I think so, family share account works just like a normal account as long as only you use it.
I think only the inventory shit is limited.

According to a conversion I had on the steam forums, things are not available for family share until the launch date. Before then they're treated as if they have family sharing disabled like certain titles on steam. I guess pre-load is a payed privilege.

get on it faggot

and why are people hating on this game

I posted on this thread a few days ago, had this tab open for a while so I just saw that it was deleted for some reason (was that some subtle censorship?), here goes again.
Already played it years ago, a bit short and repetitive with bland enviroments but the fact that you can play it either as a fast paced sliding shooter or regular cover shooter, might interest some of you who have yet to play it.

WHERE IS THE GAME GABE?

Calm down, still have to wait.

GOD DAMN IT SEGA

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

VIDEO GAMES

Any word on Denuvo?

Steam page doesn't say anything about it so unless it's hidden or some gay shit we're fine. Bayonetta didn't have it either.

Fuck me, that's gonna take forever on my potato connection.

I'm sorry mate, what's your speed test out at? I know the slow internet life.

inb4 cutscenes, and pirated versions being 3-4GB

Then get a job.

I think the highest I get is like 575 kb/s. Peak during the download so far was 560.

Serves me right for being a sucker, I guess.

Nothing to do with not being able to afford it. My provider got a monopoly in my area and refuses to upgrade the lines because it's too rural.

Will mouse and keyboard controls help the game control better?

I imagine it will make it much easier.

Shit man, when did it unlock? I just woke up and it said it was ready to install

It's fucked, mate

Easier to aim definitely, but I think it will be harder to do CUHRAZEEE movements smoothly.

Damn you SEGA.

Point me to the nearest Job Tree were Jobbies grow abundant.

Are you the same user from the Bayonetta thread awhile back? if so keep up the good work

It's BayonettaBaitster! Welcome back.

You cheeky cunt you're doing it again.

You already did that for Bayonetta.

your a real fucking nigger you know that ?

Is it shooped ?

Yes.

This is some of the blackest marketing I've ever seen. I'm actually impressed.

Vanquish-CODEX (16.5 GB in 73 files)

wew

It only makes me wonder how big are the cutscenes compared to the actual game.

Probably right, they've probably been upscaled for 1080 resolution or something. Hopefully someone will do a repack with some better video compression.

the game is like 3 gigs

The prerendered jew strikes again.

VANQUISH HAS DENUVO CONFIRMED

PIRATEFAGS BFTO FOREVER

I believed you for Bayonetta

According to DigitalFoundtry's port analysis the download size is 18.5 GB and the game files are only 2.5 GB

s i x t e e n g i g a b y t e s
Excuse the shit encoding

Should I play this with English or Jap voices?

That really depends whether you want to pretend a game like this, can ever be made in the west anymore.

so now the most important question:

KBM or controller?

That should be obvious.

Gee, that's a tough decision!

Joystick directly inserted into anus it is.

This isn't funny.
I wonder when the ARG for the next port will happen.

What's left for PG-developed Sega-published games besides Anarchy Reigns? I don't think enough people care about that game for it to get a port

And no, Yakuza is not coming to PC

Same reason as Bayo2 or another one?

Yakuza will come to pc, next will be Shenmue 1 and 2 HD, SoA and then VF5.

POWER GLOVE

Where did SoA come up? I thought it was Shenmue 1&2 next then VF5 after that

Shenmue at least makes sense so they can package it with Shenmue 3 when it comes out.

Want to bet on it?

Shenmue HD is all but officially confirmed, they've been saying would happen since 2010, they've renewed the trademark and sega just scooped a fuck load of shenmue collection related websites.
Plus I believe in the sega employee user, he's been right too many times

Oh shit the main guy pushing for PC QUALITY ports on SEGA Europoor just left the company, i just hope its of no consequence.

Just tried to play the tutorial, camera immediately pans up and I can't move the camera with my mouse. Anyone else having this issue?

Do you have a controller connected?

No, closest thing I have is a shitty Wi-Fi USB stick which downloaded this game at 18 Mbps, as opposed to 3-4 Mbps on my PCI-e Wi-Fi card.

fuck you nigger I want Anarchy Reigns on PC because I want to play multiplayer with people again with non-vaseline visuals and a framerate that isn't always 20. and I'm going to fucking buy a copy for you too

This is all only going to get worse and we move toward 4K.

I never got a chance to play Anarchy Reigns, so it would be great to experience it on PC. I liked the varied cast of characters, and the soundtrack wasn't that bad to be honest though I don't normally enjoy the raps. However I think porting a multiplayer game from last gen would be a more costly endeavour considering they need servers, net code (assuming the console version cannot be used on PC), and probably more shit I haven't thought of. It'd probably only be a situation where they'd only do it if their ports continue to prove to sell very well.

I'd take that bet, yeah

I'm not saying I don't want it, I'm saying it doesn't have the port-begging army of Vanquish behind it, Sega probably isn't aware people are even interested in a port.
Y-you too

Saw the whole video on youtube, the move to PC does look very promising, I'd love to try it at 120fps, but won't be dishing out $20+ since I've already played it on PS3. It also sucks that they could have made the game be under 3 GB.

I easily put it in my top 5 and it's an easy competitor for my highest rankings for vgm soundtracks.
As for multiplayer porting concerns, don't fucking worry nigs. No one's online ever but the console servers are still up. It's probably super cheap for them. It's just logical that with this progressive release of Platinum games, the next one is Anarchy Reigns. So I'm hoping SEGA doesn't turn a blind eye to AR a SECOND time.

What about Madworld? I thought they were in the same series or something.

Madworld has a very simple control scheme like NMH and it doesn't convert well to regular controllers or KB+M

I'd like it, but they'd have to retool controls for a PC release, and even if they removed motion controls, it would still have tank controls on M+KB.

I fucking knew it when I saw the 16 gigs download. Fuck you SEGA.

I'm gonna play it with keyboard and mouse. Only switching to controller if its really bad.

T-thanks Steam

And I thought my connection was shit.

My connection is okay (1.5mb d/l) its just steam servers being absolute fucking garbage. Have it throttled to half because Im watching NASA.

change server region
Or you can't do that anymore?

So we wait for the 5gb fitgirl repack?

I just checked, you can
Spain and Portugal give me full speed

How's the port and how's the game?

But then what would I have to complain about?

I think we all are downloading at the moment.
I liked it enough to buy it twice, but judge it yourself from a video

Your lack of dubs

Jesus, at least my only issue is that I woke up late.

Can't wait.

Done with Act 1. It's a little more demanding than Bayo was but my 750 can handle it on lowered settings fine, only part that consistently had bad frame drops was that fight with the Argus in the big open area. Anybody privy to some more advanced techniques besides reload-canceling, weapon switch-canceling or mid-air grenade detonation?

Boost dodging, which is actually the most important one. Just boost, immediately dodge after, and repeat. Saves you meter, saves your life.

any crack or torrent out yet?

No, because you need to buy this game and give Sega money.

Yeah, available at the usual places.

For the anons having trouble with the speeds, you might be best to wait a day or two for steamrips to appear on cs.rin.ru or a repack from someone like FitGirl or Qoob. Some repacks can be dropped into SteamApps and just rechecked to fix up the crack, but not all

Don't feed the pirates.
Everything else is fine but we must encourage people to only buy sega games.
Don't forget where you are.

Reddit by your post.
Yar har fiddle de dee!
Sega fanboys can go die at sea
Do what you want want etc.

Figured out what was wrong. Apparently because I didn't have a controller plugged in, my mouse refuses to cooperate because it's assuming the non-existent right joystick is going up. When I do have a controller in, it works perfectly normal. What the fuck?

At least it runs really well on my rig

Yikes, sorry you have to put up with a shitty network, user.

Assmad Nintentard detected.

Why would nintendo be mad that someone is pirating a sega game on the PC?

You could probably run a stream.

I'm going to buy it because I like Platinum games, Sega is just a publisher and all of their modern first party games are trash. Other than Yakuza. Anyone who fanboys a publisher is a chump.

Sega isn't just a publisher, it's our friend.

NIGGER WHAT, that shit was great you better believe I loved it even with that waggling shit soundtrack is top notch.

My only real regret was missing out on Anarchy Reigns multiplayer. I managed to get into one match and holy shit that was fun as all hell. Probably the only time I regretted not buying a game on release
Get to fuggin playing vidya already

I'm ready to buy this game, I just want to know if there's obvious issues with the port.

I got madworld on wii because I bought into the "wii is finally hardcore" meme. It was definitely fun but got old really fast.

I'd make a WEBM if the game download wasn't taking up all my bandwidth

Wouldn't even watch a webm.

The TL;DW of the video in case someone finds TotalAssCancer insufferable.
That's it, I think.

Sometimes I have a feeling this guy has an actual, elitist r/mustardrace mentality who want PC ports to happen just so he can gloat about them (hell, he even says "we", as in, the PC gaming community, I assume).
He went on record saying Platinum is his favorite developer, but he fucking sucks at these games, and doesn't seem to be that dedicated in understanding how they play.
Leaving all that aside, his voice has always irked me a bit. He really has that holier-than-thou vibe to him, not to mention when he brings up politics. No wonder people find him insufferable.

Playing games takes away time from stuffing his fat fucking face and virtue signaling on twitter.

I have this vibe with every single youtuber who decides to drone on for upwards of 10 minutes under the guise of "analysis"

Still getting adjusted to the reload-canceling inputs on keyboard, it's a little weird to have to reach up and do it on the number keys. Might be faster to do it with the mousewheel but I keep overshooting weapon slots when I try it that way. Also holy shit fuck the stick-rotating QTEs on keyboard, had to fight that second Argus' bipedal form because I missed it by a hair.

When? Seems like a weird choice for his shtick.

MGR is his favorite game. He used to "work out" to its soundtrack.

I guess that makes sense, didn't peg him for a Metal Gear fan though

C'mon, Korra is way simpler than MGR.

You haven't played TMNT I take it?

I just can't stand how long he talks for. It's like he drones on and on and just when you think he's finally going to get where he's been meandering to for the last ten minutes he starts over.

Japanese

wanted to post that, nobody remembers turtles game and for a good reason

Most gamer Youtubers sound like complete fucking faggots.
The exception being critikal. He just sounds like he has a permanent cold.

All you have to do is mash the button a few times user.
That boss was pretty fun though.
I can see how people like this game.
It's a shame it's so fucking short and has no replay-ability/time attack.

play for score
git better

You can very easily tell the game was meant to start a franchise, especially with that borderline cliffhanger ending. Real shame it didn't do too well, then again it was released when the sea of poptart dull-color TPS was at it's highest.

Maybe it's just because I'm using headphones but I don't remember hearing that so often the last time I played

I don't know where this meme came from, you can replay Vanquish plenty of times

Steam refunds are a fucking godsend, although I have one hour left to see if this shit'll shape up. I doubt it will though, so I'm just..missing the point. There's no style. No destruction. Just..cover shooter with armored enemies. Even Bayonetta and Mad World sank into their element of fucking things up in their respective fashions, even if the player was bad like myself. Vanquish has a skill gate 80 miles high by comparison..

You should write for Polygon

Easy modo exists for a reason

I mean, is there even a point to play Vanquish if you have to default to Casual Auto? Might as well watch a youtube video or some stream and pretend like I'm playing. It's clear I'm not good. Won't ever get it.

Man, M+KB is OP as fuck on that sniper monorail section in Act 3

Nigger please take a little time to learn what you're doing before swearing off it

When a game's tutorial isn't exactly useful, I'm -expecting- to get a grip on it within an hour. Maybe I'm being too hasty.

Perhaps I should just treat it as a slow, 20 hour cover shooter since there's no time limits. Or are there? Trying to 'style' or do anything seemingly effective is just getting me railed. At least on Normal.

user you have to approach it like a Platinum game, not a normal 3rd person shooter.

Don't know what you mean by that, since W101/Bayonetta/Revengence just gave you an overpowered toolset to slaughter foes with, only for the balance to level out by the time you got to the end.

Vanquish doesn't really give you empowerment, so I don't really know -how- to approach it. I don't think I have much a choice but to crank it down to easiest mode and see if I'm still dying a lot, since playing on Normal is proving futile. Hitting that boost button is a kick me sign

This is a little long to make a webm but it gets the idea across, starting at 0:59. If you can't do cool stylish moves at first you can just play normally until you get a better grip on what's going on, it wouldn't be a very deep game if you could master it in an hour.

Nah, just scoring and leaderboards. Good thing, too, active IL leaderboards is going to make replaying levels more enjoyable

So basically, I'll be playing it as a cover shooter until I finish the game, since as of right now, style's suicide. Got it.

Nope. Irrelevant to a scrub like me. You enjoy your points..

I don't know how you're having issues. I'm terribly mediocre at action games like this, but I'm playing on normal super-aggressively and only dying once per stage, at most.

Mediocre is still better than bad.

How did people stomach this in sub-60fps on a controller is beyond me.

He's not, because all the games are on consoles except TPP/MGR.

I remember he said it in the Korra video, and I thought it was weird seeing how MGR was the only PC release before that, and he constantly says that he doesn't play on consoles because "muh framerate". Even though he "legitimately loves Demon's Souls" as if that is something weird or special.
Only Platinum games I've heard him play are Vanquish and Bayo1, one of which he didn't finish or even like because of the fluctuating fps, but in my book that means that he would've hated Demon's Souls as well but he doesn't because he wants to be a cool kid.

I think the absolutely fucking terrible "ME: Andromeda is a 7/10" video was the last straw for me. He's just fucking obnoxious and constantly on a massive high-horse.

Hes a fuckng idiot and his death is lomg overdue, wheres that cancer Assplosion?

I mean, should he really even be playing video games or, even dumber, give ADVICE on video games? I don't really think he knows what position he is in.
Says the faggot earning WAY more that the average guy paying for chemo. I mean, the bong could just move back to Britain if his health is so fucked he can't pay for it.
Also reminder he started screaming at his wife for not wanting to vote Shillary.
I mean, I liked the guy in 2011/12 now I'm just along for the wild ride of his neverending solo circlejerk.

ANYWAYS, this thread is about Vanquish, not total assfaggot. Sorry for helping derailing a thread of a fucking SICC game.

Didn't even bother. I played about a half hour of Korra and uninstalled it. Transformers game seems pretty good, but I'm playing them in original release order now that a bunch are available for the PC.

Fitting, since his biggest complaints about MGR (which he beat on Easy) were that there was no lock-on or dodge move.

He's called TotalAss Cancer for a reason.

Shit FOV and Motion blur are gamebreaking if you have standarts.
How the fuck are Starcraft and Xcom "tacticool"?
What?

But, there is a lock on in MGR

I can only play games from my couch and bed, keyboard and mouse are for work.

That's my point. Reread my post.

I fucked up, I forget this isn't real life.
I use "tacticool" with my normalfag friends when we talk about strategy games. Because you gotta be tactical and shit.

Or if you're retarded.
I've been playing with motion blur all my life and never once thought it was game-breaking or disorienting, I turn it off when I can, because it looks better and it can be annoying, but I have no problems playing with it.
But I get it, adapting yourself to different games or playstyles can be very hard :)

I fucking wish.

I never said it WAS.
I said Total Butthurt thinks it is.

Oh. Carry on then.
Fuck Starcraft for killing RTS.

Whatever, my point is that motion blur is trash and he isn't wrong.
Hes still a shit taste cunt and wrong about too many things.

Surely you mean Starcraft 2
I never enjoyed the OG, but it didn't really kill RTS.

Now that, friend, we can fucking agree on.

Yeah, should've specified.

the frame rate is unlocked but it looks like the animations are caped at 60 you really cant do anything about that

Because at the end of the day we're all playing the same game, FPS and controllers only matters to stupid fucks like you.

What a shame that Vanquish is on PC, Vanquish threads are ruined now by cancer race tards just like everything else they spread they touch.

Delicious tears

Except that a mouse is objectively better than a controller for aiming. And your butthurt over a random post some retard made is funny as hell. Remain upset.

Sheer force of will. Also, inability to aim makes you get much more creative about positioning and AR mode use.

I don't know what's funnier, the sheer ignorance, the autistic rage, the lack of common sense, or all of them.

Anyone know if the codex crack is any good, or should I just wait for fitgirl or something to come later?

Read the thread you fag

So is it good?

Game itself is ok, for some reason hugely overrated but worth a playthrough.
The port is top-tier.

Yes, it's fucking great. But first, you need to play slowly and methodically, forget about doing anything cuhrayzee on your first playthrough, there's too much shit to learn. For example, there are some tough enemies which you can destroy in a couple of seconds after they reveal their weak points. This isn't something you'll notice if you only care about just going fast mindlessly.

Every fucking time

For someone hell bent on analyzing every single game's graphic options, this faggot sure is uninformed.

It's why I recommend DigitalFoundry, they at least do thorough tests on several setups and script the thing ahead of time instead of winging it

How high can the framerate go?

TB even directly name-drops DF and DF's video demonstrates exactly what Level of Detail is, but honestly how the hell does he not know what LOD is by now.

I bought this and bayo just because I want to encourage PC releases and get japs to target the pc market.

I'm running at 144hz and it's usually running at around 150fps. I think the engine is hard capped at 250fps.

They make far more money by ignoring PC and then releasing "HD remasters" later (which 99% of the time is the same fucking game with access to the options menu), and good goyim who bought it originally will buy the fucking game twice so they get to double-dip in sales.

im not crazy the animations are at 60 right? it doesn't "feel" like 144 when it's running at 144

Neat. I'm getting a 240hz monitor soon so I was curious.

Could you record a 120fps webm/mp4? Inspecting the footage frame-by-frame should reveal any oddities.

And there's that, all done. Don't know if I should bump up to the next difficulty or go back for some better scores, or a no-death run. I probably just need to shake the rust off, most of the times I died were because I was getting too cool with the boost-dodging. At least planning to play it again on Saturday and then Sunday.

Shouldn't it just interpolate the animations no matter what? I don't have a nice monitor.

Thanks Vanquish. Anyway.

Surprising I don't see much difference between 60hz and 144hz. Maybe it's just me, although the game doesn't cap fps to hz so I don't know.

Have you guys had any success playing aggressively or using melee on hard? It seems that you'll just die instantly out of cover if you don't have any gauge. Enemies often pop up unexpectedly so it seems like a terrible idea to use a lot of gauge, even if it would allow you to kill all the enemies you can currently see. Melee just drains the whole thing, what the fuck.

So it;s like Nier Automata with retarded massive videos. Wait for FitGirl Repack with lossy video option.

Anyone have good resources for learning some of the crazy shit you can do in this game? This is currently the only thing I can find comprehensive on advanced shit

M+KB controls change everything. you can do an U-turn instantly. faster turns mean more stylish moves to be made.

Melee is not a general purpose attack in this game, precisely because it triggers an instant overheat. It's powerful, but situational. I don't really have more advice to offer though as I haven't played it yet.

I don't see anything that looks odd with the animation. I'm stepping frame by frame on a 120fps recording and there are no missed/repeated frames.

What is strange is how there is motion blur even though I supposedly turned it off.

so why is Assault rifle not recommended?

What about Sonic Unleashed?

inb4 muh werehog

if you're a fuckin' baller replace it with the HMG, then whiff melee attacks on purpose because it puts you airborne and you can slo mo shoot from above with that

Not really sure if you're expecting pity for being so fucking appalling at a pretty reasonable game difficulty-wise. Have you considered death?

Downloaded it, completed the first battle. I'm note sure why but I did not expect something this graphically dated, probably because I only saw footage on small videos and not fullscreen. Not that I care too much, really.
Performance is good except some stutters in cutscenes for some reason. Gameplay is fluid, responsive and fun and definitely seems like something that would flow better and better as you get used to it.
First impressions are alright overall.

So can you not boost and shoot at the same time without slomo cucking your speed?

I do not feel as fast as I should

shoot without aiming while sliding

It still activates slomo when I do that, not sure what the deal is then. Is it only on some weapons or is it glitched?

The Fps is simply sexy.

Oh fug, I never really noticed that since I was using the shotgun when I wasn't aiming while sliding. Apparently the slo-mo automatically kicks on if you fire while sliding regardless of what weapon you have equipped.

Fucking really? Goddamn. Mods when?

(MKB) Game is already way too good. See enemies bunched up, throw grenade and sliiiide and shoot grenade. 2 achievements. Dropship? Throw grenade, AR over cover and shoot grenade. Dropship crashes.

Cigarettes are amazing too. Just… fuck I hate how I can only hold 4 weapons. I see an armor piercing pistol and I want to try it, but I also want to try all the other guns. Homing laser was kinda fun, but not stylish enough.

Wasn't like that in the demo before the game came out on consoles. I remember being a little upset you couldn't slide shoot without time slowing down.

this is going to be a long summer.

Only if the engine is designed to do so. Older games like Halo 1 on PC don't have such interpolation, so their animations are blatantly stuck at 30fps. Oddly though I find them visually rather charming - a product of their time as it were. Bioshock is also a similar example where the physics calculations ran at 30fps as well and I'm less of a fan of how that looks but it still gives it an oddly unique look to it. I still usually use the physics mod to set it to 120fps though.

I haven't been able to test this game myself yet, but based on that WebM my guess would be that you were able to disable object motion blur (character movments) but camera blur was still enabled. I'd rather have it the other way around, object blur can be rather sexy but camera blur is awful most of the time.

What video/audio codec and container are the cutscenes using? Chances are they could be transcoded to a lower bitrate so they playback better and don't hog so much space.

I'm playing through this on hard for my first playthrough and I'm not making this very stylish.
The thing is, it would be too easy on normal and I'd feel like it isn't a challenge.

Oh, how I yearn to be stylish.

This is a platinum game, you learn the ropes on normal the first playthrough and you actually start playing for real on your second.

Only if you don't get hit by anything because even one shot of specific weapons sends you into forced AR mode.

Anyone playing on toaster tier rigs/laptops? I'm wondering how well optimized the game is. I could run Witcher 3 on lowest settings but it heated up my GPUs up to 80-90 degrees celsius so I couldn't play for long bouts. If this isn't graphically that demanding maybe It could be playable?

There is a thread on NeoFAG claiming that the increased frame rate is also causing increased damage.

Can anyone confirm?

neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1380816

Gifs related (needs two posts).

I'll try locking the framerate but at unlocked the thing does seem to activate alarmingly fast.

DF's video tested a newer i5 paired with a 750 Ti, so if your 755M is comparable then you'd probably be fine. Turn off anti-aliasing and ambient occlusion first if you are struggling, those things are always performance hogs.

Wait, is that two 755Ms in SLI? that sounds even better, assuming the port has any kind of SLI support.

It wouldn't surprise me if that were a thing
samething happened with VC
I want summer to go

Why did you need two posts for that?

Wait Im retarded I didnt notice they were 8mb each holy fuck.

Yeah same devs did the port
Guess again faggot. I was just posting it as fast as possible so didn't bother to archive, but I pasted the relevant info so you don't have to click anyway.

If only Codemonkey gave us the 16MB he promised.

Wait, I couldn't find any option to lock framerate. How did the neofaggot test this ? Am I being rused ?

Probably set 30fps limit in the graphics card control panel.

Also this would be worth comparing to the console releases if anyone can do so.

Isn't there an option that says "refresh rate"?

I would buy that as an alternative excuse to just being rusty at the game, I'm sure I only replayed it just last year and I don't remember going into auto-AR mode this often

Should probably have known. Too bad my GPU fps limiter settings don't work, so I can't test this. Or benefit from reduced damage

It's only about hz. There isn't an actual fps limiter option as far as I can tell, and since the port sold itself on unlimited framerate I can't say I blame them.

It's rather usual for a PC game to have an option for 30hz refresh rate. A typical option would instead be to default to your monitor's refresh rate but then have a 30fps lock option. Dragon's Dogma comes to mind.

Quick, someone put themselves on minimum settings for maximum fps and see if you die instantly.

Honestly, playing on normal, a single fuckup in positioning means AR mode or death. I wasn't complaining because there were my fuck-ups, but I don't see how worse could it be on harder difficulties now that I think about it.

No kidding, I keep trying to reproduce the maneuver at 7:20 here and AR automatically activates, it's like boost-dodging doesn't give as many i-frames as it should.

I guess another way to test would just be to replay the console version for comparison, but that's still pretty subjective

Speaking of console versions, was the 360 version better than the PS3 version in any way? I know PS3 Bayonetta was horrible, and generally speaking most multiplats for that gen seemed to have 360 versions being a bit better due to focusing on it first.

Finally I can watch these dance moves at an unlocked frame rate.

So we got God Hard unlocked from the start?

Seems so. And I'm still liking this game even with the glitch

I recall the performance of the PS3 port being reportedly quite rough in comparison.

Hard is very much playable and not too difficult because gauge gives you so much invulnerability, but you can't do much of anything when you're out.

From what I can gather online, the PS3 seems to have slightly longer shadow render distance but also slightly more controller lag.

I'm playing it on hard right now and although I had a ton of deaths when I started everything is going pretty smooth now, I may die once per chapter but that's fair, it is on hard.
I had about 25 deaths at the end of act 1, I'm at act 4 now and I only died about 8 more times.

It does feel pretty bullshit when you get put straight into AR mode after what appears to be 2 shots from a normal grunt.

That's honestly very good if you're continuing from checkpoints. I'm restarting instead to keep upgrades, but also so I don't continue from right where I died.

What about Sonic 06?

Actually, come to think of it, they COULD pull it off as a huge ironic campaign.

Nigger not only did you pay for it now you're bitching it's too hard?

I prescribe torrents and shutting the fuck up.

Read the thread. His difficulty problems might be from a damage increase bug due to higher frame rate.

I also think anons were led to expect to go cuhrayzee from the very start even though this kind of game clearly asks to take it slow and steadily progress on the learning curve. The damage glitch would only dash their hopes further.
Whereas if you take it easy and don't put into your head you're going to go full crazy from the outset, the game is still a damn fun variation on third person shooters even if you've got the fortitude of toilet paper.

Alright, I'm convinced, increased framerate causes increased damage. I'll wait for a more technical confirmation but even after just a little bit with the old console version it's WAY fucking easier to avoid damage. Seriously, go pop in the old console version and try boost-dodging back and forth out in the open, see how long you can avoid going into auto-AR.

I mean I guess it's not the end of the world because it just bumps all the difficulty modes up one rank or two, but I do hope they patch it.

Wait, what framerate are yoy guys playing at? Wasn't the console version 60fps?

I'll try it out, thanks. Looked at the Digital Foundry video.

And just so you know, even it it doesn't have SLI support you can brute force it on a lot of games through Nvidia Inspector.

Bumplocked

They're using the .sfd file format, as far as I know - same with Bayonetta.

30fps maximum on console.

Oh, my sweet summer child…

Honestly I'm a little offended you call your laptop a toaster, as I sit here typing on a Thinkpad T61 with a Core 2 Duo and NVS 140M. It can barely play 720p YouTube videos.

Not one I am familiar with, is it proprietary?

I wish I could live in your imaginary timeline user.

Shut up Bayonetta ran at 60fps on xbox360, are you telling me Vanquish is different?

High levels of denial spotted.

more like 45-50 with occasional bumps to 60

Fug, didn't mean to hit New Reply just yet

From what I've looked up, it's a common video format on the Dreamcast, of all things, though it has its uses in other consoles (including Sonic Adventure 2 Battle for GC, SoulCalibur 2 on GC, F-Zero GX, Star Fox Assault, and apparently the Crysis demo on PC)

archive.fo/nsLri
archive.fo/px5sG

Bayonetta was also not as demanding when compared to Vanquish, and was primarily a beat-em-up instead of a shooter. It also still had framedrops here and there.**

Yeah with so many dips it could barely keep up 60 most of the times. That's some quality right there.

Aw man fuck this, how can I enjoy the game now that I know the damage is glitching out on me? I don't want to play at silky smooth cinematic 30fps. Fucking hell man I kept hearing the port was excellent.

WHY? Why are my hopes always crushed?

You just have to git gud

After a little digging it looks like their previous port of VC had the same framerate issue steamcommunity.com/app/294860/discussions/0/624075036381183226

Maybe everyone was too embarrassed to admit they found it a little harder than they remember. Even playing with no cover usage at all I got out of my first PC playthrough with 19 deaths total, it's not impossible to deal with

You can also just git gud

Or just get the PC version for 60fps, it's not that big of a deal.

I was planning to play at 60fps, I don't even have a monitor above 60hz, but now anons tell me the console version ran at 30, so that means I'll be taking double damage at 60. Fucking hell.

Definitely a case where you need to git gud

Fuck that, what about the higher difficulties? With glitched damage this will be unplayable at higher difficulties. How can I face my family again if I end up having to play on normal or easy? I might as well put on a dress and get spitroasted if I'm going to be that much of a faggot.

Manually locking it at 30fps does fix the issue

Joking aside it is a problem, a lot of recommended techniques just plain do not work with that higher damage. If you try to rush down a group of enemies with a slide, AR mode will activate much sooner than it's supposed to. Why do you think you don't see anyone using those stylish techniques on God Hard?

Shit's fucked.

Jesus Christ. I knew it would be hard but it's actually annoying. I've tried capping the fps to 60 and it didn't make any difference difficultly wise.

Probably worth noting this guy is playing with a controller.