Sailing Vidya

Why are games that let you control sailing ships so comfy Holla Forums?
Speaking of which is Windward worth getting from HumbleBlunder?

For 1 dollar, and with two other half-decent games, I fail to see why not.

Man O'War Corsair

Any idea what MP is like?

Can you play as the Dwarves in that yet?

why you need them Steam keys, fam? $0.01

No dorfs
Only meat shields and Cornflakes

Well that sucks.

Corsaires/Seadogs

Also just wanted to add that airships with sails are especially comfy.

that was top tier old game

So for my recommendations, if you like some commerce management setting in sail age Caribbean
both 2 and 3 are very comfy and enjoyable to play while making your way through the seas
mainly focused on commerce but you can also make your way as military/pirate

but more on the adventure genre like Pirates it self, there was one game called
it was russian made and barely got any attention at all, they went english on steam not long ago,
I am yet to play it, but its very dense roleplay in it, on the part that you actually have to win your first ship and everything

Thanks for the recommendations user, I shall check it out. I suspect Sea Dogs is very Breeki?

???

You said it was Russian?

Bethesda's last minute Pirates of the Caribbean game was fun up until it starts crashing like a Bethesda game.

That was the publisher mot the developer you nigger

windward

This doesn't look half bad
what's the catch?

I did not mention whether bethesda was the developer or publisher just that it is fun until it starts crashing like a bethesda game. Take off your sperg glasses user.

I am still very much confused

That's all there is to it.

I only played Sea Dogs 2 many, many ears ago and for some reason they got a Pirates the Caribbean license so it had some elements from the first movie, like the Black Pearl and Skeletons. The game was enjoyable, and I think you could conquer all the cities on the map, though I do not know what would happen.

Windward is basically an MMO, complete with the DPS-Tank-Support trinity, leveling, flashy endgame shit, and dragons.

Really fun for a while though and it's probably dirt cheap through humblebundle. I really liked it until I unlocked the dragonfly or whatever the helicopter-thing is, that got boring fast.

Yea it's definitely thing that you have to have until you get it and then the allure fades quickly after. Does makes questing a bit easier when you're trying to level up towns though.

One my biggest issues is city building where progression is exactly the same for every town and there's really no other way to do it other than spamming quests and trading over and over. If everyone is working together it's not bad but it's still a pretty big todo.

I would say get windward for the chill factor alone. The music in that game really captures the whole sea exploration vibe.

I generally play Windward while listening to a playlist and chilling. It's rather comfy shame about bugs though.

i liked it on hard when you have to pay attention to hand gestures

silent hunter 5 + wolves of steel mod is maximum comfy

There was a video game that went by "Pirates of the Caribbean" on the OG xbox, and it had absolutely nothing to do with the "movies" or the ride. It was, to my memory, a beatem up when on ground, where you can do trade by visiting the shops and sailing to another location to sell at a higher price, and the sailing element was comfy as fuck sailing aside the occasional storm or attacking ships that you had to plunder.

The Uncharted Waters serie is a nice RPG where you sail around a lot. Play either New Horizon for a solo game, or the MMO if you don't mind grinding

Naval Action on Steam

What's that chink wind waker knock off? Is it good?

I keep hearing mixed shit about that. Is it autistic or is it fun?

Corsairs
Cutthroats

autistic

Airships

If you guys like the movie Das Boot, check out the game Barotrauma.

Wish we could start a server with Holla Forums again and have fun submarine adventures together.

salt

My problem isn't airships per say. Aesthetically I like them. I wish there were more styles of them to be honest to give a bit more variety for the end game if you wanna call it that.

My issue is the game play and how airships interact with sea locked ships. I can definitely see both existing in the same universe but combat between them definitely feels one sided. You could probably fix this a number of ways but someone smarter than me would have to work out the balancing issues.

I won't say it feels like an incomplete game but there is definitely room for more.

I think the underlying issue is unity.

Naval Action.

It's an MMO. 10.0 was released earlier this week.
The ship combat is really well simulated. The overworld is really boring, sailing from town to town can take a very long time. Sailing acros the map can take hours, in which there is nothing to do. There are 2 pvp servers and 1 pve server. You get to control tiny ships, but if you level up you can control 1st rate ship of the line a la hms victory

Sailaway would be great if not for its 100% reliance on servers.

In J-Stars Victory Vs, you could navigate the map to go from world to world. It was as shitty as the game itself.

Face it, any naval game with anons would turn into the keksmarine fast.