What is the best GTA?

I know this is kind of an objective question, but while I have some time off, I wanted to focus on playing one of them. I've plated the one with the serb as the cab driver (I know, people who really love this games will consider this sacrilege) but never really got into it.

Now I have all the GTA available, so my question for someone who has played all of them, which GTA is the best to start ff with assuming you've only played them at a dilettaonte level?

Obviously I meant SUBJECTIVE question.

San Andreas gameplay-wise, Vice City for the atmosphere.

Aaaaand we have a winner.
/thread

San Andreas

GTAV.
It has the map that has the most detail.
The most content.
The most updates.

Story's weak but since everything else is really well done it doesn't really matter.

well put, VCS if you want more of that atmosphere as well.

It has the largest map, but is it the best? Hardly, it's mostly mountains. SA's map was a fraction of V's and it had three cities, dozens of small towns and diverse environments.
Also I dislike the driving physics and the vehicle diversity (it has so many sports cars but hardly anything that would be seen on the street daily in real life). Gunplay is also lukewarm and there aren't many side missions to do.

The map is a fucking theme park. And yes , the GTA IV physics were much more entertaining and made shootouts more fun.

San Andreas is by far the best.

I didn't say the largest map, I said the one with the most detail. Which makes it more interesting in my opinion.

You can really see the care that was put in every single area.

It's barely noticeable tbh

Also SA's map is my 2nd favorite open world map to date, the absolute favorite of mine is Stilwater from SR2, sure it might not represent anything real or have the polish of GTA but it scores a PERFECT combination of everything you'd want in an open world city.

Vice City for both.

San Andreas turned into The Sims and was peppered with more idiotic minigames than VC. San Andreas wasn't BAD, but VC was just better in nearly every way.

I would consider VC equal in gameplay terms if not for the horrible controls in comparison (both on console and PC).

Red Dead Redemption.

If you had a choice between GTA6 and remakes of the GTA3 series being released next what would you choose?

A new IP

Even then, the map of San Andreas is better. there's many actually distinct places and regions, just think of the spooky Back'o'Beyond and the desert. Everything feels more distinct and has actual atmosphere. The map of GTA V just feels like 80% padding. Just compare them.

A remake, because it's been a long time since I last was really fucking disappointed and GTA6 is not going to happen as long as Kikestar can milk the goyim in GTA online.

I just want a GTA where I don't play some random moralfagging loser and can get to be the kingpin for a change. I'm tired of being everyone's errand monkey.

Also, remake of Scarface. Fuck GTA.

It's not though, all the areas are empty as fuck, there's no attention to detail.

Oh, right, there's a few more trash cans around in GTA V. Great. Also there's cacti in the desert. Nice.
Skyrim also has more detail than Morrowind in its settlements, it's still bland as fuck.

Well that's possibly the most retarded understatement I've seen on this board.
Also the Skyrim map is anything but bland, following your logic as to why San Andreas is so good then Skyrim should be good too.

Vice City and V.

V is absolutely beautiful and has hands down the best original score and general art direction out of all games.

SA is an overrated piece of shit with unbearably small draw distance and slow rendering time.

/thread

The map is trash, the protagonists are trash, the gunplay is trash, the car handling is trash, the radio stations are trash, the heists are trash (except for the online heists but have fun grinding till you get to those), the atmosphere is non existent and the open world is complete fucking garbage.

I'm sorry I jingled your jewels

GTA 5 has art direction?

Again, excuse my retardation but what's the one where you get to steal airplanes within the course of the game and use parachutes? I was playing the game on PS 3 or 4 a few years ago and could never get past the first section with the negro gang stuff that I could not seem to navigate.

The one aspect of..I forget which one it was, but you had the radio and you could change the stations and shows/commercials would speak to you the way you know they really fell about you and would like to talk to you. At first it's funny, but then slowly a depression sets in as you realize this is the Jew taking a dump in your soul and that they do it every day on "real" TV, only not at quite as high a level.

Soundtrack is great

waht?

the one they were advertising with the semi-crazy guy, they get back together because they need shekels and the ads showed him stealing airplanes and flying and such. I realize how fucking retarded I must sound, but I've been buried in school for the past ~4 years and this is first time have been able to put my head up for air.

Thus far I have come across Witcher 3, which is fucking amazing, and want to see what else from the past ~ 4 years that I missed. Thus the reason I'm asking, what did I miss in terms of GTA….

Thats V

Overall GTA San Andreas, but as someone who plays open world games like they are the unofficial sequels to the Tony Hawk games that they are GTA V is an excellent stunting game closely followed by GTA The Ballad of Gay Tony. The one thing I do miss from San Andreas though that is missing in the modern titles is ledge grabbing as you auto ragdoll if you attempt to do a midair ledge grab due to the physics engine taking forward momentum for player damage into account.

2 and 3 are still my personal favorite. I wish you could do backflips on moterbikes in Vice City without auto-bailing though

Vice City obviously

San Andreas is the best GTA obviously.
But Liberty City Stories follows the GTA formula the best out of the non-2D GTAs.

I don't think anons truly understand the padding part. Basically everything in san andreas has a purpose, even the parts that don't seem to have one are actually there so you can have a nice piece of nature or empty to screw around in or something cool. If you look at the dirt roads they're actually racetracks and get used in the racing minigame even. In GTA 5 it's just "have this 20% be an almost completely barren mostly grid city that you can't do anything in outside of driving on the roads and then the other 80% are nature which slows down your car to a snail's pace and has nothing outside of that motorbike racing ring in the construction zone in the desert".
Even in the grid parts of san andreas you always had something, san fierro was hilly as fuck and had some huge stunt jumps and there was always a cleverly placed staircase that you could use to ramp over a building, tight walkways between buildings that you could drive a car in and whatnot. Just go to any grid part of the grid cities of san andreas and they always have a twist that makes you think "well it looks like a grid city on the map but I actually have this highly complex and fun secret road system everywhere". The only place in san andreas that is a bad grid city is san fierro which fails to do it all over the place and even then you can kind of argue that it's for variety.
GTA 4 was even worse because it was a tiny flat grid city that wouldn't let you escape from the road 99% of the time and failed to understand what made gta 3 liberty city good because the mapmakers were actually just building real manhattan and surroundings instead of a game map. I could write my own autistic wall of text about why gta 4 and 5 are objectively shit and heavily inferior to basically any gta-style game and obviously also the other GTAs outside of the map but i'll just play san andreas for now.

I said
My brain fucked up and I said san fierro was bad, but las venturas is bad. I meant

GTA V.

/thread

GTA6 or gta3 remake, it'll be a shit game. rockstar hasn't put out anything good in almost 10 years and I don't see how that would change it.

VC arguably has the best art direction due to what they chose for it thematically. Also, it's unsurprising that the only game in the series with a score also simultaneously has the best score in the series.

I was unaware small draw distances and slow rendering times automatically make a game shit, especially when mods exist to rectify these issues.

Probably Vice City.

San Andreas is too bloated.

This is the best handheld GTA

that's about it, but you also have to say that vice vity aged really bad compared to san andreas and it's really bumming to play it today, whereas san andreas is still very much enjoyable

2 and SA

I like 3

That depends on what you want. If you just want to fuck around in a sandbox without caring for premade content probably V. If you want an actually good SP (missions and side content) and won't accept Bully as an answer I'd say SA, VC, Chinatown wars or TLaD.

San Andreas all the way. V was just a no-go from the couple hours I played it. It might be okay with Director's mode, but I don't feel like redownloading it.

Vice City. Even though the map was small almost every place felt memorable because missions took place everywhere.

And that soundtrack. So good.

JUST cause 2/3

I know its taboo to say that the newest game in a franchise is the best, but i think Rockstar did an amazing job with GTA V and its simply objectively better than the previous games.

San Andreas is a close 2nd, with GTA IV landing on a 3rd place. Many mechanics in San Andreas are still unique and fun to this day, especially the turf wars against rivaling gangs.

San Andreas (muh mods)
Vice citry stories
Chinatown wars (muh dopewars ripoff minigame)

GTA V's story is a mess is missing a lot of GTA:SA's fun. The online part of it is great, though. There hasn't been a more griefable game since the '90s.

Hands down GTA 2, maybe Online as a third best because in some places is similar to GTA 2 but is in the V engine so its shit

Does anyone else feel like the Jew is taking a dump in your soul and literally laughing about how easy it is to corrupt the filthy goyim playing these games? You turn on the radio, for instance, and yes they are meant to be "parodies" but they really aren't, they are directed at making fun of what trash we are consuming and living meaningless lives in the no-weimar.

Maybe there's more of a novelty if you haven't spent your life in Jew york city and LA (where there's a care chase followed by a news helicopter each each), but the entire thing feels like a parody or a parody and after playing it, even if you "win" you still feel like shit.

Without even looking, I can already tell the credits are heavily larded with Jews since that's the type of thing they make. Whereas….take "Witcher 3," at least you are striving for some kind of ideal. GTA games are just fucking Jewish corruption.

I hope the new Reich rises in time to put these Jew criminals on trial for corrupting the youth. And the game should NOT be sold to niggers at alll , by law, since their 80-85 IQ mies it hard for them to distinguish between a game and real life and probably does result in genuine crime.

NEO-WEIMAR

Objectively, GTA V is the best GTA game. I like that and San Andreas the most. But I can't say that I love V because faggots will jump on me because it's the newer GTA. Just wait until GTA VI is released, I swear that everyone will shit on it and say how good IV and V was, again, as they do always.

I wish Rockstar put the effort they put in online on V instead. Then again, why am I surprised that yet another AAA studio favors the Jewish option instead of quality.

THE PICNIC? THE PICNIC!?

Biggest problem of V was a disregard for SP in favor of p2w MP. If shit like the heists and different races could be played without a bunch of 12 year olds and mexicans the game would automatically be miles better. Then the multiplayer could've added all the cool modes and shit from MTA and SAMP but instead rockstar banned anyone who even used ENB because it could threaten their precious shark card sales.