Confession Box: DLC Edition

Have you ever bought DLC?
If so, what was it?

I pirated all the DLC for DOA5 and Sleeping Dogs.

I regularly buy DLC. Just because MOST of the DLC out there is bad, that doesn't mean ALL of it is.

I have bought a lot of DLC for Paradox games because I wanted to support them. I eventually stopped because the games kept getting worse and worse. Now I just pirate their shit.

It was amazing. Best 2.39 I spent that year. No seriously, that dill, lettuce and cheddar sandwich hit the spot something fierce.

Expansion packs were protoDLC. Anyone who disagrees is an underage b% and is a countershill

Witcher 3 DLC is completely worth it. If you haven't the two DLC for Witcher, it's a must-buy. BY far best DLC have ever spent money on.

NieR:Automataâ„¢ - 3C3C1D119440927, of course! Why wouldn't I want to play against my favorite companies' CEOs?

Expansion packs would have been called DLC if we always had easy ways to download stuff

And everyone here generally concedes expansion packs were good value. So you're calling DLC a good thing. Heck off

I savescum and cheat on the roulette game on xtreme volleyball 3 just to collect the cute swimsuits for the girls on the owner shop.

I bought a few pinball machines in pinball arcade. does it count as dlc if the base game is free?

I bought payday 2's 2014 GOTY and ETS2 Gold edition

I'm not wrong. The only difference between calling something an "expansion pack" and "dlc" is the source.

And if a company sold an expansion pack that just unlocked shit already on the disk or a bunch of skins I'd still call that bullshit.

I buy expansion packs, thanks to great marketing by lowlife scum they are also called "DLC" these days.

Agreed, I think the only reason for the name change was people expect a lot of content in an "expansion pack" so they made up "DLC" so they could sell a have dozen models without getting outrage.

Let's see them screenshots.
No tanlines pls

I bought the horse armour actually. I'm not terribly poor and I enjoyed Oblivion so whatever.

To this day I don't know how much it was. Remember Microsoft points Holla Forums?

Well back then nobody could actually download several gigabyte of data.

i bought both season passes for rainbow six siege. only season pass i can think of that i got other than that was The Old Hunters for bloodborn

Bought the Busticated DLC for Senran Kagura 2 so i can put huge tits on the little girl.

Sure but that's not my point. The only reason we don't call Expansion Packs "dlc" is because they launched before downloading more than 6kb took less than four hours

I haven't bought DLC individually but I have played GOTY editions and the ilk.

Expansion packs had a shitton more contents for your money than almost all modern day DLC has. $5 a character or for 3 skins is pure Jewry.

Only Lisa the Joyful and some Miitomo clothes
Never again.

Bought the witcher 3 dlc
That shit was actually great
Bought the dragon age origins dlc years ago but it was just okay like the main game

I bought lots of dlcs for DOA5
I bought lots of dlcs for koei warriors games including warriors orochi 3 ultimate, dw8xl, dw8 empires and sw4
I bought dlcs for toukiden kiwami
I bought dlcs for Warframe
I bought all dlcs for Oneechanbara Z2
I bought all dlcs for Dragon age Inquisition

Pretty sure i am a good goyim. Yes, i own ps4.

Fucking this.
I remember buying the expansions to X-Wing back in the day, and each one doubled the amount of missions in the game. Literally an entire game worth of content for about $20. These days, a $20 DLC pack is either 2-4 hours worth of content or 3 maps from a previous game and one new weapon.

Worth every penny.

Only dlc I have ever bought.

After completing bloodborne i sold it. It bored me.

In any case, my argument has nothing to do with content. Its purely that expansion packs would be called dlc if we could easily download stuff from the start.

you fucking know it, buddy

You got the sauce boss?

I purchased all the DLC for Saints Row 2 & Scott Pilgrim vs the world on PS3

I bought Horse Armor.

I bought the first two DLC's for DaS2, ended up pirating SotFS later so I never bought the third DLC.
Other DLC I've gotten has mostly been a result of bundle deals or GoTY editions.

>Samurai Dark Souls Nioh
>Dragons Dogma Souls Dark Arisen
it seems there is a pattern

oh yeah forgot that one

Sure.

I'd never buy that horse armor, but I do like the look of it. The curves in the rear accentuate the horse's ass.

SR2 has a PC port. No dlc missions but gentlemen of the row is working to fix that

no

Worse. I bough Starbound and Elite Deangerous

I bought:
>Bought a Wii U, only real purchase I enjoyed was MK8 but now that's dead thanks to the deluxe edition fuck you Nintendo why would you do this to me.
>Metal Slug 3 the Dotemu PC port
Why am I so fucking stupid when it comes to money, and how do I fix it?

No, because I'm not retarded.

Back when I was a teenager with a decently paying job, I played a shit ton of Rock Band 2.
And then having access to disposable income and decent Internet, I bought RB2 DLC.

I spent over $220 on songs.
Two-hundred twenty fucking dollars that I'll never get back.

A couple months later I got bored with Rock Band and sold the instruments.
I don't even have access to the PSN account I bought all the songs on anymore, so I'll never be able to redownload them even if I did want to replay Rock Band.

Stop buying Nintendo and Ubisoft games. That would pretty much fix the problem.

I bought the horse armor, and I'm sorry.

Waste of a get, fuck you.

Wanna know how I can tell you're new?

Roller coaster tycoon loopy landscapes. Could never play that game again without the "do not enter" signs

The only game I shelled out shekels to get all the DLC and didn't feel ripped off.

how

To be fair ,was my first musou.

The only one worth anything and nothing else.

How can you tell he's new?

I bought Dodonpachi Daifukkatsu Black Label. I feel dirty about it, and kind of regret it.
I've become more and more strict about my rule since that time though, and I outright refuse to pay for games that utilize DLC.

so you pretty much haven't bought any game since 2007

I have bought plenty. You being unable to think outside of the AAA box does not affect me.

okay there big brain boy i was only making a joke

I rarely ever do. Stuff like Muramasa Rebirth's "Genroku Legends" was very much worth it though, especially getting it at a mark down (regular cost was $5 per character, $15 for a bundle of all four; was marked down to $7.50 for all four once).

Never have and never will. I pirated every CK2 DLC since day one

Expansions added new content/mechanics/playstyles to the game, a good expansion is a game that doesn't warrant a sequel but still good quality and attached to the game it's being made for. DLC is an inaccurate term for the content extension we get for games these days, they should be called add-ons.

bought honest hearts for F:NV

I bought Metal Sonic DLC for Sonic and All Stars Racing Transformed.
If I recall it was $1.50 at the time, and it came with a new character + track. Wasn't exactly the best bang for my buck, but Sumo Digital made a really good kart racer there so I didn't mind too much. Didn't buy any of the others though, especially the Yogscast shit.

The only DLC I've bought was for story expansions for Sleeping Dogs, The Evil Within, and Homefront The Revolution.

I tend to buy all the DLC for a particular game if I'm buying it at all for some very discounted price during a sale years after it released.

I have SR2 on PC as well, mostly because I wanted to see what GOTR was about. I was hoping getting co-op up and running would be easier on PC but you have to have the same mods installed & it kinda takes the fun out of jumping into random games.
Doesn't help that the PS3 version also used Gamespy for online support

That was a damn fine expansion pack. I refuse to call something that has that much new content DLC.

Red Dead Undead dlc
BF4 all dlc except those weapon pack things
Total War Shogun 2 dlc because I liked the game
Fell for the DBX 2 season pass
I recall buying some DLC for fable 2 for the xbox but that was a long fucking time ago, can't remember well
MGSV Female Boss suit and Quiet because muh dick, seriously the fucking thing gets out of control at times
Elite Dangerous cosmetics occasionally since I still enjoy the game
Cities Skylines dlc because I also enjoy the game

And I think that's pretty much it, the rest I'll just wait till a GoTY version comes out with all DLC

I bought all the DLC for Fallout New Vegas and I don't regret a thing.

I bought the Fallout 4 Season Pass early though, and the same can't be said.

who the fuck is that cat bitch supposed to be? looks vaguely familiar

Red Undead Redemption was a good expansion, EFLC too, it's a shame that R* won't ever make god post-launch content again.

loli boobs best boobs

I brought The Witcher 3 Season Pass.

Bully away.

You got your money's worth though, cause TW3's are expansions in the classic sense, and they're good too. So I'll forgive it.

Even IWD Heart of Winter was very visibly NOT dlc. This is clear because it had downloadable content for itself - Trials of the Luremaster. You know they weren't playing the DLC game when they didn't make you pay for TotL.