Is Dead Cells any good?

Is Dead Cells any good?

I liked what I was seeing and then I saw
ROGUEVANIA
and had to leave

Dead Cell?

Maybe, but I don't play EA games, so I wouldn't know.

Dead Cell?
It's in early access, what the fuck are you asking

Gotta keep em new genre monikers coming. It's not stopping anytime soon.

Early Access don't mean anything anymore. Games never leave it anyway.
I only played MGR and MGS5 so I don't know what that dead cell is

it looks like fucking shit

Well, I can tell from that trailer that the graphics follow the typical indieshit mentality of cluttering the screen with shit to make it visually unclear in action, and covering it all in the stupid bloom or whatever that looks awful in a 2D game.

It's unfortunate that the graphics are bad to the point of getting in the way.

Looks pretty good, despite what the contrarians are saying. When it's out of EA it'll probably be worth a pirate.

It's also "souls-lite" and procedurally generated :^)

Just because it's pixelart doesn't mean the dev wanted to make it look "retro".

Pixel "art" today is pretty fucking shitty though. Fucking hipster.

Dream game right there fellas.

General idea is that color lighting doesn't go well with sprite graphics.

Nah nigger, get better taste

what the fuck is souls-lite or roguevania or metroidvania??????????????????????????

Goddamn, pirate the fucking thing and see if its good or not.
You all fellate Souls and that shit is as Reddit as you can get.

Didn't rogue legacy already do that anyway and market itself in pretty much the same exact terms

No it means that the Dev's have zero talent and are to poor to hire a proper graphical artist.

SOULSLIKE ROGUELITEVANIA

But is it an a soulslike rogurlitelike-IGAvania or a soulslike roguelitelamplightboipussytightvania?

this is now a LOL thread boys

I told you faggots that if you didn't rein in the contrarians you'd be flooded with underage redditors who emulate that attitude to try and fit in, and shit everything up in the process. Perfect example right here:

Holy fuck it's described the same way as something from E3

Good god kill yourself

How can you seriously defend this roguesoulslikeindiepixelretroredditgoldgarbage?

D R O P P E D

>>>/9gag/

Pirate the fucking thing or stop complaining about the devs wanting the retards to buy their game.

You remind me of the retards saying Binary Domain is a Gears clone, Timeshift a Crysis ripoff or S.T.A.L.K.E.R a Fallout copycat.

I think that he's a shill

Have any of you faggots actaully played the game?

Yeah, and your next message will be that it looks fun

No, that won't stop them from complaining about it even if its good.
I could understand Early Access complaints, that shit is a scam, but complaining about easy advertising descriptions for normalfags is just autistic nitpicking.

Do you think we care about normalfags around here?

What the fuck does that have to do with looking like shit?

its breddy fun so far but that might be just me
Imma dump some webbums so judge for yourself

IM TOTALLY NOT WITH THE DEV TEAM GUYS

nobody is complaining about the shitty advertising, it's just funny as shit
yeah nah you're a shill

It's definitely written up like a corporate powerpoint presentation, but you need to look at this from the developer's perspective. Is it a sound fiscal decision to avoid avoid using phrases that will upset ~2000 NEETs who probably weren't going to buy it anyway on an obscure mongolian cave painting forum? Or do you use those descriptors which will strongly resonate with your target demographic for more sales?

See
That is your brain on contrarianism, and without fail it sperg-spirals into:

You seem awfully upset and emotionally invested in telling everyone how much you hate a game you've never played with a variety of non-arguments. Pic very related.

Jesus you fucking faggots just leave to the shithole you came from, right at the first post you say you imply that you like the game then just because of a word you will not play it, then spend the rest of your replies encouraging people to not play it or claiming shills when the last guy you replied to even bothered to post some webms

wait a minute are you telling me I am a fucking frenchman
all these years

You talk like a fag and your shits all retarded.
Way to totally not be suspicious by getting pissy about random people not wanting to play the game you're shilling.

I understand them wording it like this, since I normally only read the first lines or two of a steam description on the sides. but they deserve all the shit they're getting for putting every buzzword description in the book to describe their game.

Also defending this naming shit instead is also going to generate a 300 post thread shitflinging like what is happening now.

hopefully by the time i finish Hollow Knight, Dead Cells will be closer to finish. Would get lost trying to play two metroids at once.

Try more greentexting too

tell me again how summer is an ebin maymay

There's just one thing I want to know, and that's how the game is "souls-lite"?
Is it because it has a dodgeroll? Or isn't piss easy?

It's a great game that needs more content. Very surprising for a procedurally generated rogue-lite metroidvania action platformer, you know, everything that suddenly wants to make you vomit.

That's a clear fucking reference to SOTN rapier.
Wtf want to play it now.

I agree. Still overused to hell and back and should be shit on like when Halo 4 was advertised with "an evil awakens".

It looks mechanically competent in video and judging by the amount of people talking about it, It looks like it's garnered some attention and will be somewhat popular down the line once they actually release it (unless they blow their load right now during the EA)

just dont rush paying for it fam, Ive read their steam forums and while I can see the devs having a clear vision, I seriously fear theyre gonna give in and go the dankest dungeon route of shitting the game up down the line

and thats the first level
you can sanic it pretty much without getting hit because theres no environmental hazards

What changes when you die?

Eheheh.

No more so than "RPG" or "FPS" or "MMORPG". Those phrases are used because you know exactly what they mean, and to their credit they actually define those phrases on the page to explain what they mean in the context of the game. If a game is good, why nitpick the industry standard marketing? Don't you want the absolute maximum amount of people playing it? If it isn't good, shit on it and move on.
Functionally it plays like a combination of Salt and Sanctuary and Rogue Legacy (more tilted towards the latter). Do note that the mouse and keyboard controls are shit, so if you don't have a gamepad lying around, don't even bother.

you drop all your cells, item blueprints, and most of your gold
also your dignity because as of now you usually die from a cheapshot as getting hit once usually means getting stunlocked and wallraped

Yeah, but what changes regarding the levels/enemies?
If their advertising this shit as having Rouge tier design than levels/items/enemies are randomized, or at least one of those.

What the fuck happened here?

It's alright, I just wish the combat was slower and didn't rely so much on the roll.

Devs have cancer advertising
Cuckchan tier posters want to complain about it and their hatred for indieshits instead of actual vidya discussion.
Cakeboy deletes the shitfling derailing

Its diablo 2 style cell generation, individual rooms are handcrafted and mixed around every session, so theres no bullshit like unreachable ledges for now at least.

How you about (((you))) wait for it to get released before making a thread about this crap

I'm judging it immediately for looking like shit

its $15 for ~10 hours of enjoyment. Get a job.

Oh man, you sure showed him with that great argument. Get your head out of your ass. You shouldn't pay for games if they aren't finished.

Reminds me of the Sunset developers begging people to buy their crappy walking sim and saying it was the same price as some super expensive hipster latte.

I'm not getting a job just so I can afford to beta test some indie roguelite metroidvania pixelshit in early access. How about you present a real argument instead?

Now this is a shill

Yuri is superior

Graphicsfags >>>/out/

I'll wait until it comes out, then I'll see if it plays well. Looks fun enough.

I also have a game you could Beta test for the ridiculous sum of 50 Deutsche Marks.
It's 11 hours long, 11 hours long of bugs. I ship a C++ manual with it so you can finish it for me, thanks. The manual is 30£

Not enough content and the game gets really, really easy after a few hours. Only two bosses and not enough different enemy types. Weapons are satisfying to use though, although like everything else it needs more. If this game got mod support it would be godly. Definitely do not buy right now

So can anyone explain me why this game is "soul-like"? Don't tell me "because HAAAAAAARD".

It has upgradable "not-estus" and rolling
thats literally it

pirated it
it's fun
what do the statues do?

It's called pixelshit. Get it right next time.

Alright, this game has some awful and I mean AWFUL stuttering and it's really fucking my shit up
Is there a fix or something

Did you pirate it?

Yeah
Did I get memed on

Launch game and then disable your Internet connection.

kek

OP use your brain. Has there ever been a game that was actually good that is also the above? Risk of Rain is the only one that comes close to being like that and "good" though I never even fucking liked that.

It also has the Bloodborne "attack to regain red health" system.

ok

But muh hipstershit
Hotline Miami was bad, remember?

Risk of Rain? Oh wait you already named it.
Rogue Legacy?
Abyss odyssey?
That one about bird people, I can't remember the name, but it was pretty good too? (Not fucking owlboy)
Yeah it can be done right.

aaay well at least i got to actually test the game thanks user

How are the meme's like? Unepic tier or?

Theres a couple of le self aware item descriptions but nothing to egregious that I found so far.

I like what I'm seeing but all the buzz-words EA especially make me think I'd rather track down unepic again. Thanks for putting this shit on my radar, anyway.

Unepic has shit combat though.

I can also think of Vagante and Catacomb Kids, especially where early access pixelshit is concerned.
Path to the Sky? I could probably find it, but I'd need some more info.

Holla Forums is always shit.

The summer meme bases itself on the reasoning that the end of the school period brings underageb& to imageboards. If you call summer while school is still in session, you prove it's a meme. That is all there needs to be said.

That's stupid meme anyway as kids nowadays have access to the internet 24/7, school or not.
Smartphones was a mistake.

That is all you need to not touch it for a while.

The sprites and backgrounds look nice and they remind me a little of Ghost Trick. I haven't played it, but it looks like fun.
Early access though which means no buy, unless of course you are retarded.

The initial "ded" pose is identical too.

Most countries on this planet, that includes russia and roachistan, end school in the end of may.
It is the end of may.

Also if you havent noticed that most new threads on Holla Forums right now are made by reddit and facebook tier posters that reek of normalfaggotry, you must be fucking blind.

You're wrong though. College students are getting done this week and the previous ones, and high school seniors finish up their major stuff in early may. The meme is accurate as long as we're focusing on the US, which if I recall correctly a plurality of the users are.