Best Vive VR Game/Other?

I expect many here to put fangs in my neck, thinking I'm some rich cunt rather than that I saved for this fucker for a very long time. Anyway, after 3 years of saving, I have a good computer with a titan GPU that can run VR, and I got the Vive set up recently. So far have only used Google earth a bit and some games where you blow up balloons.

Anyone have one already and can suggest good games (I already know, "you're a faggot, you paid too much, you should kys, etc…" so just take that as a given). In the meantime, anyone have suggestion for either a VR game or a game that requires powerful components that I could not play before? And yes, it's a fucking mess I know I just got done screwing everything in/setting up.

Other urls found in this thread:

media.8ch.net/file_store/0946da03d8e25e59cf33341d3f4b0675415dbd8a032a109a86ddc118afc2235a.png
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Starting to wonder if I bought the damn Vive way too early and wasted shekels since it seems almost no one here has it yet. Granted, I have a hard-on for history and I love things like…tracing the route Don Jon of Austria took on the way to fight battle of Lepanto on google earth. But would be cool if there were some playable games that didn't involve blowing up balloons.

Does anyone have a Vive or other VR??

Hotdogs, Hamburgers, and Hand Grenades, and Onward. VR is a gimmick that will die in a few years.

I don't think so. In it's present form and with the price, maybe it's not going to move many units. But once you really get into it, even the shitty games, it's a totally different thing. When they start making first person shooters for VR (add a gun like the Delta 6, which never took off for a bunch of reasons) and you'll have a billion dollar seller.

I don't feel like I wasted anything since I can sit back in my computer chair and travel the world, but in a few years, the possibilities of this thing for films (esp if self-driving cars become ubiquitous) will be endless. Some of the airlines are already testing them for flights for movies. Just waiting for new games.

Holy shit it's the gypsie again with his needless thread bragging about his ricer shit.

Try elite dangerous with hotas like Saitek X52 with HTC Vive, and Voice Attack. It's a bliss.

No offense OP, but from the look of your room we know you're definitely not rich.

for using touch controls? Fuck i dunno man, I don't have enough room to use the wagglesticks.
For other fancy controls: Dirt Rally.
Get a wheel and try that.

Oh yeah this too. Though if you can deal with the immersion breaking of using different controls to what you see, use a wheel with the X52 and a second joystick. Go full megas XLR

Pavlov is awesome and just got a big update, pretty cool to play old CS maps in VR and you can't go wrong for 10 shekels
Arizona sunshine is worth a pirate
Racket: NX is pretty great but could stand to be 5-10$ cheaper
Smashbox Arena is really fun but I'm not sure if people still play it
The Gallery: Call of the Starseed remains the best and best looking VR game but lacks replayability.
Tilt Brush and VRchat are endlessly entertaining enough to make the purchase worth it, if you're into those sorts of things anyway.
Fuck Raw Data.. the sound those crawling robots make when they jump at you is so goddamn annoying that that alone makes it unworthy of your money

VR isn't a fad- though it may take a few years to see widespread adoption. Funny thing actually, a while back I sent an email to the Postal 2 devs begging them to make a VR title and they said they were "working on it". I expect a new moral panic/videogame censorship crusade is inevitable-and I imagine the publicity will end up selling a lot of headsets.

right on quench's. Ever consider what it says about you that I can go months and months without posting about VR, and then one post and you are fucking glued here ready with a snark comment? What sort of life do you live? Why am I "bragging" in asking for recommendations? What are your shortcomings, your insecurities that you are literally on here 24/7? Look to yourself and your own station in life and see what is wanting. I've a feeling it's quite a lot that you are here 24/7 looking to lash out at strangers.

thanks mate, copying all these down to look into….

Which is fine. I added the disclaimer because of the eternal cunt who sits here like a fucking demon possessed with envy and as soon as I ask about VR it's "you are bragging." What the fuck sort of evil, rotten soul does that cunt have…

lolol0l0l0l0

It's more amazing every thread you need to bring up how everyone's jealous of you and how you saved up and went to law school when you could have just asked for fucking VR recommendations.

Never said a word about any jealousy. Lol, you are so fucking consumed with envy and hatred. With an ugly person you must be an ugly life you must live. Sitting, hunched over, 24/7 on a board ready to lash out at anyone to the point of knowing 4 or 5 month old posts. How bitter a life must you lead.

And at day's end, I still have my google earth and the other games I truly like. And, at days end, you're still a gnarled, bitter, piece of filth. What caused you to become as you did? Alcoholic father? Mother beat you? Why are you such a walking piece of shit? Do you think anyone will have a kind word to say of you when you drop dead? I think not. You're so fucking obsessed on a random imagine board that someone might have "more" than you, what sort of motherfucker must you be IRL? How you must be despised by even those closest to you! How were you damaged in childhood? Tell us…

fucking nerds man

He didn't though, envy and jealousy both mean completely different things.

Jealous means "apprehensive or vengeful out of fear of being replaced by someone else." It can also mean "watchful, " "anxiously suspicious, " "zealous, " or "expecting complete devotion." The last is normally applied to God

Envy means "to bear a grudge toward someone due to coveting what that person has or enjoys." In a milder sense, it means "the longing for something someone else has without any ill will intended toward that person."

Why sort of child molestation did it take to produce a piece of filth of like you? I've been on here intermittently, and each time I mention VR games for discussion, you pop up like a gargoyle from the pits of hell, immediately trying to start a conflict, and then try to assign to me some sort of nefarious movie, despite having gone out of me may to state I AM NOT RICH and I JUST WANT A DISCUSSION FOR OTHERS WHO MIGHT OWN THIS.

You then take whatever was said and turn it into "he was trying to brag about his junk."

"Cast out the moat from thine own eyes."

What is wrong with you? I have no idea who you are, I don't care who you are, I was trying to begin a discussion on the merits of VR, upside and downside. And yet, out you pop like a fuck reptile, recalling details on a discussion that held in January. So I ask again, what sort of child molestation did you undergo to imprint this so deeply in your conscious that you will stay at your post 24/7 to make sure no one "brags" about owning Vive, no matter how it is presented? Have you ever considered a psychologist/psychiatrist? What is wrong with you that you react in this way to something that has NOTHING to do with you? What sort of malaise of the soul afflicts you, and why do you not seek help for it?

No one here cares about you or set out to cause offense to you, yet out you pop like a cobra spitting venom. Why? What is wrong with you? You don't like VR, you don't like me. OK, good, I'm sorry you're offended. But what is the deeper issue? What is wrong with you at a personal level?

You're right user, my bad for using the wrong word. I'd argue they're pretty synonymous though.

Now fuck off

Try Locomotion if you haven't already. The most impressive VR tech I've tried out so far.

Browse the web in JanusVR. The RecRoom lasertag with robots is cool.

If Robo Recall works with the Vive - make it your first game. It's the most fun I've had with a game in years.

Wilson's Heart was pretty spoopy at times, but pretty short.

The Climb is pretty fun.

What age did your father begin molesting you and how does tie into a fucking format of gaming? You try to put up a cute picture and pretend you "won" an argument, but refuse to answer, why does any discussion or a form or gaming set you off ranting about all sorts of insanity?

What is wrong with you? Did mummy refuse to buy you one last christmas? AS an independent person posted, I simply showed my setup, and right away "HE'S 'bragging!'" You're actually very much like some of the characters depicted in Solzhenitsyn's "Gulag Archipelago." I doubt it's worth inquiring if you're read it.

If YOU YOURSELF don't own it, then no one else is allowed to discuss the dynamics of it and which games are best or that is "bragging." You are a very, very sick person an a product of our increasingly collectivized educational system. Unless you are from venezuela which would make more sense.

You deliberately set out to ruin any discussion about a new form of gaming simply because you don't own one. And moreover, you watch like a fucking hawk, like this is your obsession. And what has this brought you in your life?

I can (and will)go discuss these matters elsewhere. You'll forever be the lone, demented prick here who has yet again succeeded in preventing VR from being discussing on this forum. So what is your prize?

Very, very sick person in need of help before you end up in prison. And the will be your just deserts, as everything inside the jail shall be fair and suitably distributed. I'm done with your fucking ass.

I just installed "the Climb," going to try it now. Have been stuck in the UK for past !2 months of so, thus now that I've picked up a bit and DLed the new software, it's time to get going. "The Climb" is the one based around Everest with an Everest theme no?

Make way for the true FPS VR experience nerds

lol, ok: computer tower- Puget Systems - ~$6,700.(aggregate estimate) which is connected to: ASUS MONIO $2,400, 34[not in photo], Logitech logitech speakers- $140, HTC VIVE- $1,200, g. skill keyboard, cherry, 134.99, Seagate 5TB expansion 3.0, $139.00
(AND ONLY INCLUDEDmedia.8ch.net/file_store/0946da03d8e25e59cf33341d3f4b0675415dbd8a032a109a86ddc118afc2235a.png

You spent almost $7,000 on a prebuilt workstation to play Google Earth VR on?

oh, you're that faggot who loves talking about how taking a couple of tabs of xanax makes vr fun, right? try it with the whole bottle it's even better.

kek, no, use it to map and trade currency currency fluctuations over time. For example, ~ 3 months ago during Zuma's cabinet shakeup in South Africa and before that Trump and before that Brexit. "Go to the ant, thou sluggard. Consider her ways, and be wise." The computer power put toward games/VR is just a fringe.
I'd like to put I can't, you're mother likes to take a few since it eases up on the pounding she takes,
And thus ever does a simple, unpretentious conversation about a fucking form of biddy game descend into fucking shit. As the Society say went" "Neighbors goat too must die." Instead of finding a few interesting people to give advice on the latest games since I was a way for a while, I get the lowest of the low, what Dr. Pierce would call "the resentful losers of society." So thanks for the reminder.

Here it is. This is the comedy. OP is a complete fucking retard and it's hilarious.

Wild guess– you've not been on the chans long? You're thought process: "a surface analysis reveals Putin seems to be popular here (he really isn't, only popular among Russians, Eastern Euros and esp Russians consider him a neocon, which he may well be.)

Putin's only saving grace is that he was given Solzhenitsyn's stamp of approval as a "Solomon" who "had Russia on the right track" before he died.

I did get some great VR titles in this thread, which I'm writing down and researching.

You need a $7,000 workstation to map currency fluctuations?

TRANSLATION: "I'm a morbidly obsess, hairy, disgusting excuse for a human being who can't afford a Vive, thus I'm going to sit around on my Raspberry Pi nigger-rigged to a 2005 TV, first line to have hdmi. Since I'm too impoverished (with chetto dust stuck in my endless rolls of gelatinous fat) to own a Vive, they MUST be bad (as must anyone who owns one) since I can't stop buying take-away curries for one month and spend my dole-money on a VIVE rather than filling my fat, greasy, repulsive mouth with disgusting curry."

That about right????

Had no idea how far along the X-52 was. With the Vive and the X-2, this is an almost perfect flight simulator.

Get the fuck out of here, nigger.

when was the last time you saw your penis? Do you have to have nurses come by each day and put baby powder between your rolls of fat to keep you from getting bed sores? I think you have to be at least ~500lb, and your bitterness comes from the fact that you cannot even sit up to use a Vive. Am I correct? Just a simple yes or no. Are you over 600lb? Yes or no, come on, just answer that one question for everyone.

In fact, could this be you?

I probably don't "need" it, but I like having the computing power to run my 34", a 27", and then an OLED that I can switch to portrait mode when I want. I probably don't "need" but have made enough shekels I CAN have and use it for gaming when not working.

Does anyone with a Vive have advice on how to clean the inner lenses? I'v been using an anti-static cloth and a smalll amount of Bryson's screen cleaner, though not certain this is the best approach.

Excited, entire week off, shekels in my Steam, sensors set up, about to see how far I can push it…. Got some good ideas from here from a few people, thanks to them. And yes, I maintain there are few greater pleasures I have found (other than actually taking the boat) than sitting back in a chair and re-creating the path Don Jon of Austria took to Lepanto to fight the Turk..

Hotdogs, Horseshoes, and Hand Grenades is a good sim. It's available on IGG, but you can get a more current version on skidrow.

I don't have the webm of someone from polygon playing the game