Quake Champions

How does it feel to be wrong, Holla Forums? It's one of the best iterations of Quake so far.

Game's fast and skill-based as fuck, some characters are even faster than in previous iterations. It's a fantastic game and once some technical issues are fixed it'll be the best Quake game to date.

It needs to be well-timed to be any use and you're a sitting duck if you make it too obvious. Soon as you come out of the ability you'll get a rocket to the face. Though I agree that it should just make you invisible rather than also invulnerable, you'd need to be more cunning with its usage then.

I'm not giving Bethesda money to rape another
dead franchise, so it feels pretty fucking good.

Stop posting Todd.

..on a free to play model, yeah? You get the required in-game "currency" so fast that you'll never have to sweat, two games a day will get you a character indefinitely. Unless you wanna keep the whole roster unlocked at all times it's really a non-issue. Then of course you can buy the whole game and get all the characters and cosmetics unlocked forever. There's really no better way to monetize a niche game like this, it needs all the new players it can get to avoid the curbstomp effect, and free-to-play gives broke college kids and younger to get the game.

* a chance to get the game.

Is it actually good? My buddies who have played have been telling me good things. I'm willing to give it a shot but I'm keeping my expectations low.

It's free to play you fucking aspie, you don't have to give them anything anyway.

It's good. Plays like Quake, feels like Quake, with better graphics and bit of a fresh twist to it. There's sometimes problems with the servers and you have to install the terrible fucking bethesda launcher, but once you get past that hurdle it's fantastic.

Cool, I'll give it a shot when I'm home and not confined to a laptop.

How much do they pay you faggots? The beta forums think it's shit because of the horrible netcode among many other more obvious reasons.

It's definitely not Quake but rather a new standalone game that just leaches on the name of the franchise.

This is the first Quake game I have ever played. I have to say I think I have been missing out. There are some netcode issues that need to be fixed ASAP but otherwise seems very good. Bunny hopping is easy as fuck but I still feel like I have no idea what the hell is going on. Anyways, I think this iteration will bring in more new players like me. I am planning to buy the box just because the renting thing seems kind of dumb, but I may just rent until the price drops and grab the box then.

Wew boy, first the nuPrey shills now OverQuake shills.
Bethesda's marketing department sure is earning those pay checks.

Will the shills ever go away?
Fucking useless hotpockets, do something already.

It's pretty blatant. Look at this phraseology

Get off the shrooms, kids. Maybe I don't speak the chan lingo so naturally anymore since I haven't been posting all that much after the general post quality sank into mud in mid 2015, but you faggots are seeing shills everywhere. It just feels good to let all the underage shitters here know how badly wrong they are and destroy their delusions of being some experienced fucking game connoisseurs, and perhaps the few good anons left might pick up the game and help propel a finally good Quake into mainstay popularity. God knows arena shooters have been dead and irrelevant for far too long.

The netcode is not that horrible even if it stands to be improved. It's just the servers keeling over from time to time, which is to be expected at this point since they're practically testing the load on the server infrastructure.

Oh shit it's an actual shill, you know what to do boyos

Just stop.

this shilling thread is your entire post history, make a better thread without trying to antagonize anons if you want to talk about this game