Kart Racers

Been playing CTR recently and I really liked it and want more singleplayer kart racers. Except I don't have a console so I don't know what to play besides Sonic & All Stars. Is it good? Is the singleplayer good in that?
Also talk about kart racers and why CTR is so fucking good

Diddy Kong Racing is really good. Play the N64 version.

The other Crash kart games are okay.

Bomberman Kart DX if you like Bomberman.

Yeah I've played Nitro Racing and it wasn't as good.
I'll give Diddy Kong a shot.
What about the sanic game?

Immediately deleted, what are good arcade/kart racers on PC preferably with a populated multiplayer.

I have both vanilla Sanik All Stars Racing and the sequel Transformed, both on PC. Both are fun, but the sequel is a huge improvement, and is arguably one of the most fun racing games I've ever played. If you are a Sega fan, you need this. It's a great racer, and there is plenty fun to be had in single player. Lots of characters.

There's Garfield Kart on Steam. It's a port of an iOS game and it has no multiplayer, but it exists.

Also uhh Super Indie Karts? I dunno if I can really recommend it, I've heard bad things.

But yes, Sonic Racing Transformed is the way to go. It competes with CTR for best kart racer of all time.

If only Modnation Racers was on PC.

There was a PS1 Looney Tunes one that had missions as well. I recall it being pretty fun.

Other than that, if you're not playing Lego Racers 1, you're missing out.

lol?

Because it copies Mario Kart 64 rather closely, which is the only truly good kart racer. Go play Wipeout 3.

CTR is fantastic because it's literally Mario Kart. Well, it's got a lot of Diddy Kong Racing in there, but mostly Mario Kart. Don't get me wrong, it's technically extremely sound, but that's what they were going for.

At least we'll never have to deal with people waifufagging Elora online. I would probably be waifufagging Elora online.

Sonic racing transformed is a 10/10 game.

Sanic racing is great so far but A class is kicking my ass. Thanks for the recommendation anons

Whatever you do, don't unlock Danica Patrick.

Who?

Is there a gameplay reason for not unlocking her?

>yfw S Class

They put an IRL NASCAR racer in the game, Danica Patrick. She has some really fucking annoying voicelines

If you don't unlock her she doesn't appear as a CPU in races. If you want to try her than by all means, go ahead and unlock her. You'll regret it.

I see.
I'm curious about something, is the game easier with a controller? For some reason my controller wasn't working so I decided to do it with keyboards but I just keep fucking up at the end of every race.

I've never played it with Sonic Racing with a keyboard before, but I would say that kart games are generally best played with a controller.

Do you play RPG's with your flightstick?

They put her in because she was sponsored by Sega at the time. I'm not sure if she still is.

It improved on both of those games immensely though. The boosting mechanics, with so many opportunities for boosts, and lots of shotcuts in every level, are certainly improvements over both of those games.

You don't need an account to play STK. Use your braaaaaaaaain.

No no, it was because one of her sponsors, I believe Hot Wheels, offered to help fund the game if she was inserted into it.

How viable would netplay be for CTR? Anyone ever done it?
I wanna play with you niggers.

It's a spinoff of a spinoff…not even the Bomberman fans like the Bomberman Land series. They'd sooner go Jetters.

There's also Bomberman Fantasy Race, which was surprisingly decent.

Pac-Man World Rally surprisingly ended up being one of my favorite kart racers. Highly recommend it.

Yes.
Actually I used to play nearly all of my psx games with a driving wheel.

Diddy kong racing is probably the best single player kart game I've played. It has a good overworld filled with secrets and no rubber banding ai, it also emulates really well and runs on a toaster no problem.

You could also check out Mickeys speed way USA, made by Rare as well but not as good but worth a play through.

There's also this

When I tried to emulate DKR recently it consistently froze when I tried to enter the 100% boss track.

Regardless, it was the first time I played it in at least 15 years, wanted to get back into it again, I still say CTR is much better. The racing in DKR doesn't feel like it as as many opportunities for showing off your skill. A lot of times when you're essentially just driving and not doing special shit. Plus, not as many shortcuts. A racing game without lots of tricky shortcuts is pretty much shit.

I'll put DKR well above Mario Kart 64 though, which I'd say isn't even particularly good as far as the Mario Kart series goes.

I hate the shortcuts. That's for fags that can't rely on their driving-skills but knows the maps way more than their friends who don't have the game to play at home.

I remember playing this when I was younger and enjoying it.

That's why it's key that the shortcuts are tricky. It should take a significant amount of skill to pull off the shortcut every time. Even better, having so many shortcuts that you have to choose between them, perhaps one is a little easier to pull off consistently but is a little longer, or something like that.

Plus, it makes it fun to explore the game more and find more stuff. Discovering a well hidden shortcut is great.

Are there any that let me customize my kart and/or racer?

Modnation Racers
LittleBigPlanet Karting
Jak X: Combat Racing

Nobody ever talks about Jak X, but it's gotta be one of the best in the genre. And the customization was really cool. Like I'm pretty sure you could actually affect your car's balance and stuff. Details most games, even the few with customization, wouldn't do. Plus it's one of the only kart racers that tried to have a real story, and it was pretty good.

Aye, Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed is a damned fine kart racer. I'd also recommend Diddy Kong Racing.

Lego Racers

that one was so fun. it shocked me to learn there were a bunch of hidden characters too.
i should find an iso and give it another spin