Post Your Entire Backlog

I.e. games you've begun but intend to finish later. I'll start.

Persona 2 Innocent Sin
Etrian Odyssey IV
Legacy of the Wizard
Sweet Home
Resident Evil 2 (N64)
Mega Man Battle Network 5 DS Team Colonel,
Network Transmission,
Legends 2,
X8,
X Command Mission,
Zero 4
Zelda Breath of the Wild,
A Link to the Past,
Ocarina of Time,
Majora's Mask (Fucking Great Bay Temple),
Minish Cap,
Windwaker,
Twilight Princess
Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon
Goemon's Great Adventure
The Guardian Legend
Shadow of the Ninja
Castlevania Order of Ecclesia,
Rondo of Blood,
The Adventure Rebirth
Golden Sun
Chrono Trigger
Lufia II
Mystic Ark
Final Fantasy V,
VI,
VII (Aeris is still alive),
Legend 3,
Tactics Advance
Parasite Eve
Bravely Second
Willow
Sonic the Hedgehog CD
Bomberman 64
Saturn Bomberman
Secret of Mana
Streets of Rage 2
Illusion of Gaia
Terranigma
Mischief Makers
Okage Shadow King
Super Ghouls n' Ghosts

47 off the top of my head.
I have a serious aversion to playing video games for over an hour at a time.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.fo/JTbi5
godfbid.blogspot.com./
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Okay: Here.

then you didn't even follow through on your own fucking thread
Thread theme

Yeah, it's more rewarding to have money than to play vidya now tbh. Vidya actually helped me save money and be careful with it.

I'm still confused as to what is going on in that Holla Forums thread. All I seem to get is people who hate the moderation are going autistic and mods are being also autistic.

Ultima Underworld
System Shock
System Shock 2
Thief Gold
Thief II
Deus Ex
Arx Fatalis
VtMB
Dark Messiah

I like immersive sims.

I have absolutely no clue either, and any attempt to understand it is undercut by something else that's about 20 times more confusing.

fucking disgusting casuals, I swear

Bad Mojo Redux
Brutal Legend
Darksiders 2 Deathinitive Edition
Deadly Tower of Monsters
E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy
Elegy for a Dead World
Jet Set Radio
Jotun
The Journey Down: Chapter 1&2
Mafia 2
Mirror's Edge
Fairy Bloom Freesia
Bioshock Infinite Burial at Sea Episode 1&2
Dead Island
DNF
Half-Life 1, 2, and all the HL2 Episodes
Medal of Honor 2010
Prey (2006)
Timeshift
Shadow Warrior (2013)
Warhammer Verminitide
Alan Wake
Husk
Layers of Fear
Mad Father
Scratches
L.A. Noire
Vanishing of Ethan Carter
GoNNER
N++
Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee
RIVE
Shadow Complex
Shantae and the Pirate's Curse
Shantae:Half-Genie Hero
Slime-san
Super Meat Boy
Super Rude Bear Resurrection
They Bleed Pixels
Portal
The Talos Principle
Bully
DE:HR
Morrowind
Skyrim
Enclave
FATE: Undiscovered Realms
Gothic 2
Shadow of Mordor
Stick of Truth
SS2
Two Worlds 2
Underrail
Bayonetta
HackNet
McPixel
Saints Row 2
DEADBOLT
Hitman: Blood Money
Lucius
This is the Police
EDF 4.1
Lost Planet 2
ME2

Console Games:
DK Country Returns
TimeSplitters Future Perfect
DmC2
Demon's Souls
Fatal Frame

That's what you all consider a backlog? I thought it was just games you possess in some form but haven't yet completed, I have a shit ton of those.

Only games I've started in the past few months and mean to go back to finish are Obduction and Rain World. Also need to finally go back and finish TIS-NET I guess.

THAT'S NOT ALL FOLKS!
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Series
Nox
Mark of the Ninja
Arcanum
Beyond Good and Evil
Clive Barker's Undying
Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon
INSIDE
Messiah
NeverWinter Nights
Prince of Persia: Sands of Time
Rayman Origins
Shadow Man
Shadowruns Returns
Spelunky
STASIS

Replace with Dying Light
It's complete garbage and unfinished
incredibly repetitive and too easy kind of fun though
Nice and short. Good for one playthrough.
Oblivion

Art and sound is good but poor story and puzzles are annoying

Can't run it right now
Zero fucks, still going to play it
Can't run it yet either, so it'll be whatever.
I would, but mods are the only reason I play TES games in the first place
Thanks for the heads up

The person who made that video needs to work on his editing skills.

Glad I'm not the only one that paused on those delicious frames.

Not me. A backlog is a list of games you intend to play (and ideally finish).

>EYE Divine Cybermancy I was disappointed my first time playing, so I'll give it another chance and if I still don't like it I'll drop it
>Metal Gear Solid 1-3 I got the trilogy and then my PS3 stopped reading blu-rays for some reason. I don't know what to do now
>System Shock 2 Same with EYE. Found this extremely disappointing - especially after beating Deus Ex. Will try one more time
>The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind I've been playing this game since 2009 and the furthest I've ever gotten in the main quest is finding the Dwemer Puzzle box. Every time I start it, I end up getting distracted by something else and eventually start up a new save file
>Super Luigi U
I've got loooooots of catching up to do.

Please don't

Do I just drop it?

Beyond: Two Souls
Deus Ex
FFX2
Morrowind
Witcher 3

I've been chipping away at it for years and I'm almost done.

kill me

Damn dude, that's the same as mine.

Elaborate.

>Darksiders every time I try to play this one it makes my entire computer crash

Bannerlord

I don't bite more than I can chew.

Stronghold crusaiders
Cities:skylines
Mass effect 2 and 3
CK2
planet coaster
Subnautica
Darkest dungeon maybe
AoE 2 multiplayer
Bioshock trilogy
Dead space 1 and 2
FEAR 1 and 2
Killing floor
Payday
A fuckload of DS games like bravely second and etrian Odyssey
Nudoom
A fuckload of indie shit I've gotten from various bundles

MGS:V

Still haven't played that mission where you go after Liquid after he escapes.

Ah, the benefits of being a pirate. If I don't like it in the first few hours I can drop it and never look back.

Being a pirate is even worse, my backlog is basically every game avaiable on the internet

Do you eat shit?

It's a rough life, mate.

That's not a backlog user, a backlog is all games you intend to try at some point (or perhaps just games you've already downloaded/purchased and need to get to). For most anons that's going to be a list of hundreds of games.

"Immersive sim" is some pretentious made up reddity term that means fuckall. Any game is immersive if you're enjoying it and playing long enough. It's like having a genre of books called "engrossing novels".

The term was coined by Warren Spector in his post-mortem of Deus Ex, you ignorant mongoloid. It's a shorthand for games created with a certain design philosophy. It's not literally saying, "This game immerses me." Kill yourself.

No it was coined by faggots online
Source. Also fuck that hack kike.
They're first person rpgs, which have existed since the days of wizardry.
It might as well with how vague it is
Lynch yourself nigger faggot

archive.fo/JTbi5
There are no search hits for "immersive sim" before the Deus Ex postmortem.
System Shock 2 is an immersive sim, and it isn't an RPG. Same goes for Dark Messiah. You have no idea what you're talking about. Immersive sims are designed around co-authorship with the player, and to that end they're systems-driven games that feature a high level of reactivity to the player's actions and play style. There's more to it, but that's the basic gist.
I agree that the name itself isn't a good one. But it's useful and refers to a very real thing, so unless there's a better term, I'm going to keep using it.

Immersive sim is a bullshit term that covers everything from true RPGs (Deus Ex) to games with only a hint of RPG mechanics (Dishonored) as long as they're in a first person perspective and games journalists like them. It's too wide to be useful and we can already classify most of those games with existing genres anyway.
Warren Spector is a meme.

No they aren't, and yes I do. System Shock is a horror RPG fir example, not a faggot "immersive sim". It's a stupid made up term by a hack who gets way too much credit in games he mostly supervised.
Nigger that's nearly every fucking game ever made. What's really stupid is when it's applied to other games like Thief, which is a fucking stealth series through and through.
Then stop using it. We have more descriptive serviceable genre names. If we let every developer control what we categorize then we'd be referring to games like Shenmue as Full Reactive Eyes Entertainment games.

The original System Shock was an RPG. SS2 isn't, in my opinion. Anyway, you're missing the point. "Immersive sim" isn't an exclusive category; a game can be one while being an RPG–the first true immersive sim, Ultima Underworld, was both.
All terms are "made up." Anyway, your opinion of Spector (which I largely share) doesn't have any bearing on the use or applicability of the term. Are you incapable of separating your opinion of a person from your opinion of the things they've done?
Far from it. There aren't many shooters where you can talk your way out of fights, or fighting games where you can sneak away. Immersive sims allow for co-authorship by providing multiple play styles and by accounting for more player freedom than most games.
I don't personally think that Thief is an immersive sim, but I do think it's worth talking about when the subject comes up, since there was a lot of crossover of ideas and developers between it and other games that are immersive sims.
No. There are loads of stupid words and terms that make little sense when you're strictly looking at their etymology, rather than what they describe. But I'm not going to hamstring my vocabulary just because language has idiosyncracies. If someone comes up with a less-stupid-sounding term, then I'll use that instead.

SS2 is an FPS-RPG, being in first person is not mutually exclusive with being an RPG.
You might argue Dark Messiah is more of an Action-RPG in the sense of being action-focussed not in the sense of being a loot simulator like Diablo or RPG-lite etc but it's pretty clearly an RPG of some sort.

If you look at the games actually classified as 'immersive sim' you get a uselessly wide selection of shit. A quick search gives me this list:
Deus Ex
Deus Ex IW
Deus Ex HR
System Shock 1
System Shock 2
Dishonored
Dishonored 2
DMoMM
Thief 1
Thief 2
Bioshock 1
Bioshock 2
Bioshock Infinite
Ultima Underworld
Oblivion
VTM:B
STALKER SoC really what the fuck
STALKER CS
STALKER CoP
Alien Isolation
EYE
Fallout 3
Fallout New Vegas
Fallout 4
Far Cry 2
Arx Fatalis
Pathologic

Some of these are full RPGs, some are RPG-lite and some aren't RPGs at all: all they really share is 'first person perspective without being an FPS'. How in the fuck is that a useful genre? How does that better describe, say, Thief than 'Stealth game' or 'First Person Stealth game'? Why include the Deus Ex games in one genre when DX1 plays so differently from the later games?

Read the thread.

True but unless you want to be a relativist fuck we should limit our made up terms to those we actually need/are actually useful.
So it just means 'first person game that isn't a linear FPS'. That's uselessly wide and I don't understand why you'd want to classify by the player's perspective rather than by gameplay.

Immersive sim is just a pretentious title for non-linear first-person games that certain people like, that's all. We have sufficient genres to already classify all of these games: adding an extra one is unnecessary and unhelpful.

So no argument then.
You mean dungeon crawling RPG. Also Spector has only referred Deus Ex as an immersive sim, so no games before or after probably count.
And many are discarded for being retarded and of no use.
Considering you keep citing him as a source, I think it does
Yes, because while I respect someone with genuine talent like Yu Suzuki I've never once used the term FREE to describe what is essentially an adventure game. Spector is no where near genius when compared to the people who actually designed the games he "produced". He's an idea guy at best.
Yeah, there are. You can avoid shooting enemies in Contra for instance if you're good at keeping distance and jumping.
That defeats the purpose of FIGHTING GAMES you nigger. That's like complaining about an RPG that doesn't let you progress if you decide to stay home and let the world burn.
Please stop using vague terms to describe your vague made up genre
RPGs already do this, which is what fagmersive sims are. Stealth games also allow for open-ended gameplay.
Funny because many retards do. You faggots who use the term can't even account for what it covers.
So you're relativistic faggot, aka a moron.
RPG. A term that's worked fine.

Also I'd have thought you'd want to include Kingpin: Life of Crime and the two Riddick games. These are the only games that might need a new (sub-)genre though they could probably sit under 'first person RPG-lite' if needed.

I wouldn't say that "immersive sim" is a genre. I think it's more of a design ethos. There are plenty of first-person games that journos like that nobody claims are immersive sims, such as Half-Life.
True. I happen to think this term is useful. I like games that follow in the Looking Glass mold of providing systems and settings that allow for a wider range of outcomes and play styles, so the term is useful to me in trying to identify such games.
No. Grimrock and Ziggurat aren't immersive sims, for example. An immersive sim doesn't even, strictly speaking, have to be first-person. Take VtMB or Alpha Protocol, for example–the former being partially third-person and the latter completely.

Do you want to also talk about what does and doesn't constitute an RPG? Because you can't do it without stating your opinion.
No, I mean Ultima Underworld.
Splitting hairs.
He created the term and you asked for a source, so I provided it. That isn't me "keeping citing" him, that's you being an autist. And it has no bearing on the term's use. I'm sure plenty of other words have been created by retards; that doesn't mean I won't use them.
At least you admit to being retarded.
keeping distance and jumping != talking
Also, cheesing your way through an encounter isn't the same as a game allowing for alternate play styles.
In most games, there's one way to solve a problem, and the variation comes from the player choosing the minutiae of applying that solution. Immersive sims are about having multiple solutions, including ones that the developer couldn't foresee. Note that that doesn't make immersive sims better than other games, it's just the thing that sets them apart.
It's not a genre. When I call a game an immersive sim, I'm not implying that it's therefore not an RPG, or shooter, or stealth game, etc.
Some do. Some don't.
So Dishonored and BioShock are RPGs now. I'm learning so much from you.
Some do. Some don't. The first two Splinter Cell games are extremely linear, and fuck you up if you decide to play them as combat-oriented games.
I just understand how language works. Are you going to stop using the words "algebra" and "sugar" just because they were invented by filthy Arabs?

And, since I didn't define things properly:

RPG
Examples: Deus Ex, VTM:B, Fallout 1 + 2, New Vegas and possibly Fallout 3, Ultima Underworld, EYE, System Shock games, Arx Fatalis, Oblivion and Morrowind.

RPG-lite (note: not a negative judgement on the game)
Examples: Deus Ex games after 1, STALKER games, probably DMoMM, Skyrim, Bioshock games, Fallout 4 and possibly Fallout 3.

First Person game with some loose rpg elements
Examples: Far Cry 2, Dishonored games.

Stealth games
Thief games, Splinter Cell games until Conviction (then it becomes predator-stealth sub-genre).

Survival horror
Probably Patholigc, maybe Alien Isolation, some Resident Evil games

For distinguishing between an RPG and and RPG-lite past choices matter and so writing can make a bit of a difference in fringe cases (New Vegas gets a full RPG classification in my book since large numbers of quests and indeed the main storyline give role-playing options rather than linear ends). DMoMM is another fringe case but I think it comes under RPG-lite for the opposite reason.

That all seems pretty reasonable to me.

Still seems like it's just a limited subset of non-linear first person games. Why not just add 'non-linear' in front of the game's description instead of having to make up a whole new, extremely vague, term?
Because those are clearly FPS games, of course.
Covered by simply adding 'non-linear' to the game's actual genres.
'First person game that isn't a linear FPS and games journalists really like' if you prefer or perhaps less aggressively 'what I think is a good example of a non-linear game'.
So it literally just means 'non-linear game' or again alternatively 'good example of non-linear game'?
And both already summed up neatly as 'non-linear first person RPG' I don't think occasional bits of third person melee combat change that and 'non-linear third person RPG' respectively.

Then why bother with immersive sim? The only genre I added there was RPG-lite and it covers almost every fringe case immersive sim might help with and more besides. If you want more granularity start adding things like 'non-linear' or 'with elements of' to the genre and sub-genre.

Switching to my PC now
Nigger just fucking stop. HL is a fucking linear FPS. You might as well throw CoD and Halo into that "ethos".
You think like a moron.
It's not, but thanks for proving us right in that it's not a fucking genre. Of course your relativist retardation will probably sway you into thinking you've won the debate.
Actually you can. Your relativist brain is just incapable without it.
Yes, you mean an RPG.
And I refuted why he's a shitty source and why it's a shit name.
Considering you brought him up first as a primary example, it must mean he has some importance to it.
Oh, that's another stipulation of your made up genre– oh sorry, ethos? Ok, then why is Half-life, a game where you have no control over conversations, part of this ethos?
Yeah, it is.
So what the fuck is it then you relativist dipshit
Nearly every game ever, a-fucking-gain you faggot
Mechanics set things apart, not what the player can and can't do in a situation. Christ, you're like Jonathan Blowjob and his stupid argument about how games should be classified by what "emotional state games put players into".
Stealth and an FPS. You're so far up your own ass that you have no idea what game mechanics are
You can take out enemies by various means or sneak by them completely. Guess they're immersive sims now aren't they?
If you did you wouldn't be using vague terms that encapsulate different genres of games you stupid nigger.
Considering they've been used for thousands of years, are specific to what we attribute them with, and are the best words to describe the things they're attached to, no I'm not. "Immersive sim" doesn't fit none of those criteria.

I was giving HL as an example of a first-person game that isn't an immersive sim, you illiterate.
el oh el
I had no desire to, fam. You brought it up.
Ultima Underworld is both an RPG and an immersive sim. Do you even have a point anymore?
Not the point, retard. You said I "kept citing" him, when I only did so once and only because you asked for my source on the term's origin.
No, it's an example I gave. You then made a completely unrelated point, and I called you out for being retarded.
Cheesing your way through an encounter is not the same as a game supporting multiple play styles. Skirting your way around an enemy and taking advantage of their buggy AI isn't the same as a game supporting a stealth system, or providing an option to bribe your way through, or doing any number of other things that require intention rather than trial-and-error. Be honest with me right now. What is your IQ?
A game made with the Looking Glass design philosophy, as I've said multiple times now.

I'm done with you now. You use words whose meanings you don't understand, you form your opinion on ideas based purely on your knee-jerk emotional reaction to whatever prominent media figure is associated with those ideas, you're more interested in insults and misusing words like "relativist" than having a discussion, and the worst part is that you're inevitably going to use my decision to filter you as fuel for a self-reinforcing narrative where you cast yourself as a rugged no-nonsense truthsayer rather than facing the reality that you're an ignorant person who's trying too hard to fit in and "get back" at someone online. You're more interested in eristics than discussion. I look forward to a stream of continued replies even after the filter, because ultimately you're engaging in the discursive equivalent of public masturbation more than anything else, and the important thing to you is putting the message into words rather than actually communicating.

I think there's a real difference between a game simply being nonlinear and a game being an immersive sim. Take Meme Mass Effect: you can do the three main quests in any order, and with the conversation system, you can unlock a few minor alternate routes. Nonlinear by any reasonable definition. But not an immersive sim. You can talk and you can shoot, but ultimately you have to engage in some talking at certain points, and you have to engage in some shooting at others.
In an immersive sim, you wouldn't be forced into sections where you can only talk or only shoot. The "nonlinearity," as you call it (I'm not sure that's exactly the right word, but let's go with it) is a function of the mechanical avenues available to the player, not just the map layout and a few scripted shortcuts.

I think I've derailed this thread enough, though I do actually like the subject of the discussion I've had, even if one of the people I was talking to is an illiterate chimp. I think I'll make a thread on this sometime soon, but for now, I think it would be better if I refrained and let people actually discuss the thread's subject of backlogs. Polite sage.

I'd agree with the intuition (that there's something different about ME's and Deus Ex's non-linearity) but that can be fairly easily explained with resorting to immersive sim as a concept: ME is a non-linear arrangement of chunks of linear content. To break that down into something that isn't just toying with words ME has (sort-of) non-linear writing this is the non-linear arrangement but linear gameplay the linear chunks while Deus Ex has non-linear gamplay and that's the distinction.
Yes, but that's easily covered by distinguishing non-linear gameplay and non-linear writing. When I was adding non-linear in my previous post I meant 'non-linear gameplay' but I should probably have been explicit about that so fair point.

If you don't like autistic arguments about vidya why the fuck do you come on Holla Forums? The waifu threads?

Oh sorry, you're relativist nigger speak makes it hard to understand your bullshit.
Nice non-arguments fam
Indeed
That you're full of shit
You cited him, I pointed out it's bullshit
Yes it is fucknuts
Funny because DX isn't known for having remotely smart AI. Guess it's not an immersive sim anymore
Nigger, you can't design intention. If a game supports multiple methods of getting around obstacles, that's all it does. It's not a fucking ethos or a genre.
Higher than your double digits.
So you like Looking Glass games. Should we give Hideo Kojima games and similar games the title of Kojima Sims?
Top kek, the relativist is lecturing others on meanings of fucking words
Sweetheart, baby, your English degree isn't going to make you look smart, nor does it make you look like you have a point when you avoid other arguments I made
Thanks, feels great to win in arguments with retards. Might as well cap your shit for when you make your thread.
I look forward to shitposting and derailing your thread about this topic when everyone sees what a bitch you are.
Said the faggot who posts like he shoved a thesaurus up his ass.

He everyone, let's laugh at this nigger who backs out of debates like a bitch when proven wrong.

The faggot just bitched out. Don't bother making a point.

I'm not going to bother ctrl-v'ing all of the titles from my bookmarks, but I will tell you that there are over 250 vidya on my backlog (which grows by the day).
I've only managed to play 3 video games to and watch 2 animu series to completion in the past 2 years.God I miss my days as a NEET

Better than staring down the barrel of a backlog that's about to run out.

So after I'm finished with Bayonetta, I figure my next game could be:
What would y'all suggest?

How is this even possible? Why are you here instead of playing some of those?!
You have no excuse for A Link to the Past, any crappy computer should emulate the SNES by now.
You should probably finish Majora first, though, since you already started it.

A man of taste.
I guess the obvious choice here should be playing them in the order they were released. Deus Ex has aged well but Ultima Underworld's interface belongs to an age where using a mouse was a novelty (Wolfenstein-3D was released on at the same time and didn't use mouse).

I remember both Arx Fatalis and Morrowind were released around the same time.
I played Morrowind for two weeks and I just couldn't connect to the game (had no problems with Daggerfall and Oblivion). Instead, I was completely swallowed by Arx Fatalis.
I still believe Morrowind is a better game, but Arx is a better experience and somehow it had some of the mystic of Ultima Underworld. I'd love a proper remake of UW1 using a more modern interface.

It's quick to pick up and you'll finish it in a couple of hours.
Do this one ASAP so you can move on to the next game.

godfbid.blogspot.com./

These ones don't pass the test of time.
I'm not saying you shouldn't play them, just play anything else before them.
Good NES games that I'd gladly replay are Crystalis, Little Samson & CastleVania III.

Bayonetta

Assassin's Creed
The Witcher
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Divinity: Original Sin
Devil May Cry 4
Dragon's Dogma
Grand Theft Auto V
Metal Gear Solid V
Final Fantasy 13
LISA
Sayonara Umihara Kawase
Thief
Hitman: Blood Money
Ori and the Blind Forest
Gothic
Oblivion
Narcissu
Mass Effect
Dragon Age: Origins
Burnout Paradise Ultimate Box

Mega Man 1-6

I just saved the image because it reminded me of Blade Runner
Wow, so it actually was a japanese BladeRunner and it looks and sounds pretty cool.

I wish the new Blade Runner movie looked like this.

(the overcrowded city from the Total Recall remake looked cool but that's the only thing I liked from that movie)

Priorities:
Persona 5
Brandish
Xanadu Next
Bayonetta
Banner Saga
Expeditions: Conquistador
FE: Echoes
Dark Souls
Witcher 3 DLC

Why can't I stop laughing.
I love scantly dressed damsels in distress and bunny girls but the bullet-hell didn't mix that good in this platformer. Hit detection was strange too. I got into 25% of the game and quit because there was no joy in it for me. I'd be better replaying Metroid Fusion.

Your backlog is infinite now, lol.
You don't need money but you need time. Where's your god now.

I believe I have only added two or three games to my list in the last year because I have so many games that I'll need 50 years to beat them all.
Keep in mind that some games are extremely replayable (racing & strategy and anything with a focus on multiplayer) which really destroy your "diversity" in games.
I remember my friends calling me names because I still haven't played Dragon Age: Origins but instead I was beating for the 7th time Baldur's Gate II.
I'm starting to uninstall the games I've already beaten.
Except for Deus Ex and Arx Fatalis, those two are staying.

Sonic CD is great and worth playing for the music alone, honestly.

I like the discussion on the genres/subgenres but it's derailing the thread.

I suggest switching genres. I try to avoid playing two RPGs in a row.

I'm not making fun of the game, I'm just amazed at how old are some games on this thread and how is it possible that we're still wasting our time in memes and garbage instead of playing the stuff of legends.
Also, "Y's"… is it a reminder to play the very first entry in the saga or to complete all the entries in the franchise? Heh.

Played the six of them recently in a collection. 1 & 6 aren't good but everybody (me included) feel forced to play them.

So if I switch genres away from 3D action/adventure, that still leaves me with D4, Mark of the Ninja, Stick of Truth, Transistor and Valkyria. And that last one I'm sort of leaning away from because I get the impression it'll be the longest one to finish.

Super Metroid
Zelda TP
Baldur's Gate 2 EE
Wasteland 2
Arx Fatalis
Dark Messiah of Might & Magic
Might & Magic VI
Dishonored
Grim Fandango
The Secret of Monkey Island
Oddworld Abe's Odsysee
Age of Empires 2
FEAR
Aliens vs Predator 2
Gothic 2
GTA IV: ELC
Hitman Blood Money
LA Noire
Oxenfree
Resident Evil 4
KOTOR 2
Jedi Academy
Stronghold
Stronghold Crusader
Total War Warhammer
Finish Witcher 2 (Iorveth run)
Finish Deus Ex (took break at Paris half a year ago)
Finish Resisent Evil remaster
Finish KOTOR
A shitload of M&B Warband mods

I hate having so many good games there, I have no idea where to start and end up just playing Warband.

I've only ever finished 5 games in my life.

Anyone else? No? Am I the biggest faggot in the world?

Holy fucking shit, I didn't realize journos came to Holla Forums.

What are you doing here?

All I know is shitposting.
I figured Holla Forums is utter crap years ago, so I picked the one thing about which I know the most, vidya, despite not playing much. So, I lurked for a year or two, integrated meself in, and only really post in 4 threads out of the whole catalog.
Everything else is too alien for me, except maybe Holla Forums, despite not watching TV or movies anymore. It's still more than I know in any other hobby or interest. Also, outside sucks.

Sorry for blogpost.

How long did it take you to finish those five?

Hmm, lets see…

finished half in a day, didn't play for a month, then finished in a cumulative maybe 3 hours?

Not really one of those games where finishing it is an accomplishment, if you have no mods, but quickest run probably took 7 hours, since I hate just speeding through games without trying to have fun in it.

tbh, can't remember. Maybe 4 hours was my quickest playthrough?

Not counting time spent dicking around in sandbox mode? 2 hours.

7 hours of 12 year old me fumbling with the puzzles

Honestly, the feeling of completing a game felt really good. I don't know why I just kept to sandboxes and FPS, considering I had more fun playing the previous 5 games.

Did you even try to have fun, or did you just speed through them? This is depressing, like the Holla Forums equivalent of the blackpill.

Those were my quickest playthroughs, user. I've spent a few hundred hours on New Vegas, and another 90 some on bully, if those were the ones to which you're referring.

Oh,carry on then.

Too many good games out there.

Neptunia Idol PP
Neptunia VII
Demon Stone
Shadow The Hedgehog
Final Fantasy X HD
Final Fantasy X-2 HD
Final Fantasy XII
Final Fantasy Type-0 psp
Ragnarok Tactics
Resident Evil Code Veronica (Dcast)
Kingdom Hearts 3D HD
Kingdom Hearts 4
Nier (360)
Blue Dragon
Arkham City
Pokemon Platinum
Persona 3 The Answer
Cold Fear
Painkiller
Doom 3
Doom
Doom 2
Doom 3 Resurrection Of Evil
Samurai Warriors
Samurai Warriors 4 Empires
Darksiders Warmastered
Darksiders 2 Deathinitive
Ghostbusters (PS3)
Ghostbusters (MS)
Resonance Of Fate
Sims 2
Genma Onimusha
Onimusha 2
Onimusha 3
Perfect Dark Zero
Jet Force Gemini
Majora's Mask
Spirit Tracks
Dino Crisis 2
Mickeymania
Mickey mouse Magical Mirror
Phantasy Star 3 Generations of Doom
Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1&2
Phantasy Star Online (Dcast)
Syberia
Grabbed By The Ghoulies
Castlevania Harmony Of Dissonance
.Hack Infection
.Hack Mutation
Republic Commando
Banjo Tooie Fuck Grunty Industries
Magical Pop'n
Earthbound Uncut
Megaman And Bass
True Crime New York: The Story of Trayvon
Star Tropics
Freedom Wars
Mugen Souls
Mafia 2
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles
Resident Evil 4
Thousand Year Door
Pokemon Colosseum
White Knight Chronicles 1&2
Metroid Prime 2
Metroid Prime 3
Ninja Gaiden Sigma
Grand Theft Auto IV (All Add-ons)
Blinx
Simpsons Hit And Run
Odin Sphere Storybook
SP Stick Of Truth
LEGO HP 1&2
Ni No Kuni
Rogue Galaxy
Resident Evil Outbreak 1&2
Discworld
Super Metroid
Dragon Quest
Altered Beast
Golden Axe
Soul Reaver (Dcast)
Legend Of Zelda
Nanobreaker Has anyone actually played this?
Transformers
Silent Hill 3
Castlevania 1&3 Probably 2 since I got the worst ending
Venture
Zone Of The Enders 1&2 HD
Gex 64

I'd say there is a solid 150 in mine but it would take too long to dig through all the games and emu folders to find them all

Fuck it I'm going to rattle the easiest 50 to remember
Mario 2
Mario USA
Mario 3
Mario World
Mario 64
Mario Sunshine
Mario Galaxy
Mario Galaxy 2
Mario & Luigi SS
M&L BiS
M&L DTTB
M&L PJB
Sonic 1
Sonic 2
Sonic & Knuckles
Sonic 3 & Knuckles
Sonic 3cd & Knuckles
Sonic Adventure
Sonic Heroes
Sonic in Aladin
Sonic in Robin Hood
Zelda
Zelda 2
Zelda Awakening
Zelda Majoras Mask
Zelda Wind Waker
Zelda TPP
Zelda SS
Zelda PT
Metroid
Metroid 2
Super Metroid
Metroid Fusion
Metroid Prime
Prime 2
Prime 3
FF1
FF2
FF3
FF4
FF5
FF6
FF7
FF8
FF9
FF10
Wonderful 101
That's an easy 50

Eh I have 10 times more games I've started and not finished than played
But not quite 5 as I always knock throw poogeymans and beat 2 yakuza games

Lost Planet
Lost Planet 2
Last Remnant
Donkey Kong Country 2
Dino Crisis 3
Phantasy Star Portable
GTA San Andreas
Sudeki
Sonic Adventure (Any way to cheat Big's missions?)
Sonic Adventure Director Cut
Sonic Adventure 2 Battle
Super Mario Bros 1-3
TMNT
King Kong
Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon Shitty
Atelier Tootsie Pop Totori
Atelier Rifle Rorona Plus
Drakengard 3
Devil May Cry HD 1-3
Prince Of Persia HD 1-3
Jak And Daxter 1-3
Kiwi Kraze
Halo Wars
Viva Pinata
Project Sylpheed
Fable Anniversary
Too Human
Xenosaga 1-3
Donkey Kong (CV)
Marvel Ultimate Alliance
Jade Empire
Death By Degrees
Harvest Moon A Wonderful Life SE
N3 Fucking King of Night
Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear
Metal Gear Snake's Revenge
Journey
Flow
Duck Hunt
Last Train Molester 3
Monster Island
SK Estival Versus
Farcry 4
Yakuza 0
Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles
Resident Evil Darkside Chronicles
MKvs DC
Resident Evil 6
Final Fantasy
Neverwinter Nights
Myst
Sonic
Sonic 2
Sonic 2 Starring Knuckles The Echidna
Sonic 3
Sonic 3 Starring Knuckles The Echidna
Sonic & Knuckles
Wonderboy
Choplifter
Thunderblade
Tales Of Symphonia Chronicles
Full Metal Alchemist 2
Donkey Kong Land
Metroid
Donkey Kong Junior
Donkey Kong Country Returns
Sonic and The Secret Rings
Sonic Colours
House Of The Dead Overkill
Innocent Life
Kung Fu Panda
Star Ocean 4
Star Ocean 5
Final Fantasy 2
Super Star Wars
Super Empire Strikes Back
Indiana Jones Greatest Adventures
Dark Cloud Didn't win fairly last time
Project Diva F
Jade Empire
Lion King
Sonic Spinball
Tazmania
Blue Stinger
Digimon World 2
Digimon Cybersluts
Pilot Wings
Ys 3

And done for now
Best part?
This is just games I haven't finished the main story of, this isn't getting into 100%

Are we supposed to include digital?

Can't. Character limit.
If we count just the stuff I bought cheap/won on steam for free, then it's:
Dark Souls: Brother has Cancer edition
DiRT Showdown
Hell Yeah!
Jet Set Radio
Marlow Briggs
Renegade Ops
Strider
Viking: Battle for Asgard (>)
Orbital Gear
Strike Vector
Geometry Wars
Hammerwatch (needs to be played co-op, otherwise it's too slow and boring)
Magicka
AAAAAAAAaAaaaaAAAAAaAAa!!!
Arma: Cold War Assault
Binary Domain
Breath of Death VII
Condemned: Criminal Origins
Cthulhu Saves the World
Darwinia
Defcon
The Desolate Hope
Devil Daggers
Dungeons 2
Endless Space
FOTONICA
Fractured Space
GEARCRACK Arena
GTA III (I've never actually beaten it)
GTA San Andreas
GTA IV
Heroine's Quest: The Herald of Ragnarok
Just Cause 1 (played it for 3 hours, kinda boring, especially when compared to JC2)
LIMBO
Metro: Last Light
MirrorMoon EP
Multiwinia
Out There Somewhere
PAYDAY: The Heist
Receiver
Red Orchestra 2
RTCW (the one time I played it, I got to the third mission, I think, the one where you sneak around the countryside with suppressed weapons)
Serious Sam 3: BFE
Serious Sam Double D XXL
Serious Sam: The Random Encounter
Shadow Warrior (OG, started multiple times, never beaten)
Space Hack (shit Diablo clone, not worth playing)
Surgeon Simulator
System Shock 2 (same as Shadow Warrior)
Underrail
Viscera Cleanup Detail
Zombie Driver HD

I need to stop buying games, I have much to play through already…

I decided to go for Super Metroid. Pretty good, much better than Zero Mission. However, the quicksand levels in Maridia are a fucking pain

Get a good tone on, wear Zyzz shorts and no shirt on underneath and you can be T-Rex Mode for halloween

- Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth
- Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth 2

- Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney

- Professor Layton 6

- Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney − Dual Destinies
- Great Ace Attorney - The Adventure of Ryūnosuke Naruhodō
- Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney − Spirit of Justice
- Great Ace Attorney - The Adventure of Ryūnosuke Naruhodō 2

- Pang Adventures!

- Deus Ex: Human Revolution - The Missing Link
- Deus Ex: The Fall
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

- Slapstick / Robotrek

- Baten Kaitos
- Baten Kaitos: Origins

- Grandia
- Grandia: Digital Museum
- Grandia II
- Grandia: Parallel Trippers
- Grandia Xtreme
- Grandia III
- Grandia Online

- Dragon Quest VI
- Dragon Quest VII
- Dragon Quest VIII
- Dragon Quest IX

- Moon: Remix RPG Adventure - (1997, PlayStation)
- UFO: A Day in the Life - (1999, PlayStation)
- L.O.L.: Lack of Love - (2000, Dreamcast)

- Higurashi no naku koro ni
- Higurashi no naku koro ni Kai

- Umineko no naku koro ni
- Umineko no naku koro ni Chiru

- Higanbana no saku yoru ni

- Rose Guns Days
- Ōgon Musōkyoku

- Chaos;Head
- Steins;Gate
- Robotics;Notes
- Chaos;Child

- Astebreed

- Brütal Legend

- Croixieur Sigma

- Cry of Fear
- Deadly Premonition

- Love at First Sight

- Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee
- Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath HD

- Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+

- Shadow Man

- Shantae 3
- Shantae 4

- System Shock
- System Shock 2

- Super Mario RPG

- Paper Mario 2
- Super Paper Mario
- Paper Mario 3DS

- Mario & Luigi 4
- Mario & Luigi x Paper Mario Slam Dunk

- Paper Mario Wii U

- Tingle DS
- Tingle DS 2

- The Legend of Zelda SS

- The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past 2
- The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes

- Zelda Wii U

- Kaze no Densetsu: Xanadu
- Kaze no Densetsu: Xanadu II

- Tokyo Xanadu

- The Legend of Heroes
- The Legend of Heroes II

- The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky the 3rd

- The Legend of Heroes: Trails to Zero
- The Legend of Heroes: Trails to Azure

- The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel
- The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II
- The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel III

- Nayuta: Boundless Trails

- Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana

- Brandish
- Brandish 2: The Planetbuster
- Brandish 3: Spirit of Valcan
- Brandish VT/4
- Brandish: The Dark Revenant

- Star Trader
- Zwei!!
- Dinosaur Resurrection
- Gurumin
- Zwei II

- Virtue's Last Reward
- Zero Time Dilemma

- Final Fantasy X
- Final Fantasy X-2
- Final Fantasy XII

- Castlevania series
- Rance series
- Popolocrois series
- XaK series
- AiZA
- Contra series
- In Search of Dr. Riptide
- Lethal Weapon
- Policenauts
- Snatcher
- Otaku no Seiza
- Salada no Kuni no Tomato-hime
- Pikmin
- Ape Escape
- Live A Live
- Breath of Fire
- Suikoden
- Lufia
- Crowlanser
- Rule of Roses
- Mario Golf
- Mario Tennis
- Emergency Call Ambulance
- Alleway
- Break 'Em All
- vagrant Story
- Startropics
- Sakura Note
- Gimmick!
- Trip World
- Wario World
- Wario Master of Disguise
- Pandora's Tower
- The Last Story
- Fragile Dreams
- E.V.O.: The Theory of Evolution
- Magical Starsign
- Psycho Waluigi
- Magical Starsign
- Rollcage
- Mischief Makers
- Theme Park World
- Daikatana
- Doom
- Ship dog 'n' wolf
- Ico
- Nervous Brickdown
- Krypton Egg
- Drakengard/ Nier series
- Rhythm Thief & the Emperor's Treasure
- Chu♥lip
- Rule of Rose
- Tokyo Jungle
- Radiata Stories
- Radiant Historia
- Katamari
- Stargate
- F-Zero series
- Okami
- Tetris
- Pokémon Pinball
- Metroid Prime Pinball
- Metroid 2 AMR
- Super Monkey Ball series
- Abobo's Big Adventure
- Eastern Mind: Lost Souls of Tong-Nou
- Lagoon
- Rune Worth
- Bayonetta series
- Beyond the Beyond
- Yakuza series
- Sonic Time Twisted
- Reginleiv
- Billy Giant and the Egg
- Gitaroo Man
- Super Mario Kart series
- Stargazers

I will never play Dwarf Fortress.
Somehow this thought fills me with both sadness and comfort.

Just start with Abobo's Big Adventure and Bayonetta. They're quick and easy, you'll have Abobo done in less than a day if you're not completely retarded and Bayo in less than a week. Then try something like a Mario RPG. Don't even bother with Paper Mario 3DS or Wii U.

Start with God of War or Alice if you just wanna get something out of the way quick. Then, I dunno, go with Shadow of the Colossus.

Meanwhile, I've strawpolled my next game down to either Alice, Gurumin or Transistor.

Wait, is this is what backlog means? Because I've been using a totally different definition for like the past 7 years. In this case, mine's empty.

What was your definition.

Fuck sake, that'd be virtually impossible.

Games you have never played but want to play.

A lot of this is garbage.

la noire
lost planet
metal gear rising
mordheim
stick of truth
NUCOM
ni no kuni

All absolute garbage. I haven't played most of the weeb shit on the list, but other than like 2 they all look like shit. Also, Wargame Airland Battle and European Escalation are obsolete and there is literally no reason to play them anymore since Red Dragon exists.

In fact, most of the games on everyone's lists here are awful. Did anyone stop to think that these games are on these lists because they're shit and not worth playing?

as it turns out that board is an autism well

Stay mad Holla Forums.

its funny, youre on Holla Forums shitposting because youre mad were overtaking top board but the more you sperg out the more posts we get. what a conundrum!