Persona General: Yusuke Edition

Discuss anything Persona related.
Romhack links for SMT and Persona 2
romhacking.net/translations/2616/
romhacking.net/translations/1249/
romhacking.net/games/2547/
Also that moron Connor is still trying his best to shill that P5's Localization is bad archive.is/Z2sr3

Other urls found in this thread:

exhentai.org/g/1065574/b6a762dddf/
exhentai.org/g/1034882/96c675f93f/
web.archive.org/web/20170522084951/8ch.net/v/res/12589685.html
twitter.com/duvalmagic/status/508062104117862400?lang=en
exhentai.org/g/1060010/6467481dc5/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Let's be honest here, Yusuke is just a version of Rohan who isn't a dick.

What are your thoughts on Persona 5 outselling Persona 4?

The series will be better in the future.

the future is so bright i gotta cast Eigaon

BURCH & CO. ON SUICIDE WATCH

Anyway, the Velvet Room continues to be my 'tism safe space. Had a Hua Po to ditch so I did a public execution - got a Lv46 Fortuna which I used that to make a kickass Scathach and then used the Gallows to fortify her with Kikuri-hime (then I brought her back because Priestess Personae are really good).

Meanwhile, maxed my second Confidante - Toranosuke. I'm starting to think that figuring our identity will be a common rank 10 occurrence.

More like
GET SMOKED BURCH & CONNOR

Good, Persona 4 was bland as fuck and was rushed to completion because the PS2 was becoming too irrelevant to support any longer. If you play the original you can see the cracks in the seams from how the game was slapped together in just a year.
It doesn't deserve to be the biggest Persona with all the spinoffs and shit. Fuck that game.

i think a lot of people are buying it out of sheer hype.

im talking people who have never played a persona, let alone an SMT game before.

thats not to say the game is bad though, its much better than 4, but you can see that a big chunk of the people buying it have no idea how these games work and just play it on easy "for the story".

Would you like to see a P5A user?

Yes, because the thief outfits would make the characters more visually interesting and their Personas are way cooler.
P5 deserves all the same kinds of spinoffs that P4 had and then some. Didn't Atlus file a trademark for a possible P5 FPS?

Holy shit, this is some fantastic palace music. Why do people say this game gets awful after the pyramid?

Wait really? Also yes i would like a P5A as well.
I would pick Makoto in a heartbeat since she's already a martial artist

Good. P4 was the worst game in the series and had the worse characters.

Makes me wonder if anyone tried spamming their social media accounts with this kinda stuff.

Fairly certain it's a deliberate reference given they have the same VA.

Only if Shidou and Leviathan are playable.

Wasted opportunity

so what are your time expectations for P5Christmas?

2 years?

I just want more yaoi of the /cuteboy/in the OP

He makes me feel good

Serial Killer waifu coming through. Bodies buried in those gardens at school, anons. Run.

MILADY!

Also here's Chihaya aka "the Maiden"

Deal with the cat's obsessive control over your life, make every region of the game open from the beginning, and you'd have a lot more time than even P4G would know what to do with.
But since we have a huge game world locked away behind random special midnight phone invitations, certain story events and certain confidant ranks we don't get the full game experience until it is too late and we're already entering the last third of the game where everything is a railroaded and rushed mess.
The game has much more content than P4G, but since it's all locked away by the genius devs who also gave us the utterly self-defeating "supah twisto" and all the needless Sae interruptions and in medias res story telling (that somehow also includes events which the protagonist could not possibly have seen AND events which we, the player, see but the protagonist doesn't (i.e. Okumura's murder utterly undermining the "tension" and "surprise" of what happened)) we have LESS story cohesion and LESS game-world to enjoy.

P5 is a mess and makes me want to play P4G. Akechi is the poor man's Adachi and Shido was all but pointless, really. Yaldabaoth, though a better set-up for a "deity-like villain that is only fulfilling mankind's desires" (a concept P3 gave an utterly laughable introduction MUH NYX, MUH SUICIDAL MANKIND, MUH SUFFERING and P4 completely shoehorned for no reason since it was clear Izanami only really wanted to mess with mankind to get back at Izanagi, not help mankind via fog-destruction) did not look or behave nearly as interestingly as P4's Izanami. In fact, the whole surprise for Demiurge in this game felt like a pathetic retread of the "surprise! the real villain was this guy!" twist in P4, only in P4 it was genius because it was an NPC that didn't even get a portrait whereas here we have Not-Igor. Not remotely a surprise.

With that said, P5 gave us cakes, a more sensible final boss, pancake memes and cat-cucking. If they just fix the issues with the in medias res storytelling for the first 2/3 of the game (as in, don't make it in medias res at all), remove the scene of Okamura being murdered, open up the game's locations for exploration earlier on and without random call/S.Link requirements then it'd be Aces. I hope they do that.
Also add an Akechi dungeon where we finally get to confront Akechi for being a selfish, egotistical serial killer instead of - you know - pretending he was at all an honorable or likable monstrosity.

Desperation user.
He's trying to hard to spread this bullshit and try to get Burch a job at the localization team but just looking at Atlus's reaction to the fan feedback and now the sales of Persona 5 surpassing Persona 4, it pretty much show's that the fans BTFO out of the SJW clique and Atlus is just basically ignoring them while they'll be busy printing money from P5's success.

GET FUCKING SMOKED
Pancakes

He is extremely bitter at how much he failed.

And Burch failed to get another job

What is he even doing after leaving Gearbox?

Aside from the '>tfw you're not Anthony Burch', I can't think of a single thing he's actually contributed to the medium. And even then, in true cuck fashion, the meme exists in spite of him; not because of him.

Being Ashly's double

wow look at that massive wall of text that doesn't answer the question, dont burn yourself with those hot opinions™ fam…

but at least im playing on hard

figures you'd be a fucking CASUAL

What is this about Burch? I have not been on Holla Forums in months? Was he trying to cuck up Persona 5?

He asked how to hack the game and make his own translation.

Burch joined the localization clique so he could localize Persona 5

did persona 3 make fun of faggots at some point?

im just realizing that 4 made fun of faggots through kanji, and 5 made fun of faggots through those 2 in the red light district and the beach. faggots BTFO, im glad japan is immune to their bullshit

What does this mean for my weeb games? Did he fail?

He and Connor failed.

i said through kanji, not WITH kanji. calm down you homo

The localization for Persona 5 was so good I literally could not fathom a failure like Burch having anything to do it.

this bug catching shit in P4G is hardcore.

no matter how fast i react i always get "your timing was off". what a load of bullshit

In 3 during operation babe hunt there was that one guy that was masqurading as a girl, i think, who was found out because some hair on his chin.

There was the first 10 hours that had some questionable shit that they had to rush to fix, so i can imagine it was cucked only at the start then fixed immediatly.

i remember a single "you jelly?" reply from joker to ryuji when ryuji asks about the clothes.

Can you spin me the tale of this entire ordeal? I stayed off of Holla Forums primarily since about February so I know nothing of these events or anything related to the latest happenings in the Saga of Anthony Burch.

Actually, persona 5 is the most progressive game in japan

I only got one level in Chiya's social link on my first playthrough.

wow so strong and independent!

i think the joke is that she's a two-bit white collar worker and will fail anyway, knowing japan, they're probably mocking the lady

This guy, i think his name is connor, made this website being a nitpick and going over a ton of lines that he thought were translated unfaithfully. (Of course the guy also said that "if you didnt like fe fates translation, learn jap".) So basically he was trying to get atlus to fall under the localisation clique. Then burch chimed in that he was gonna make his own translation. there were a bunch of articles bashing the games translation, because they were tol stupid to read a question. One article saying the game put him back in the closet because the gay couple were played as comic relief characters. Then atlus thanked fans for buying the game, and now p5 has sold over 5 times as much as p4.
As for the beginning of the game, i have a theory that the clique had someone in there cucking the game before atlus fired him and rushed to fix it, and thats why a few lines are stunted and there are a couple memes that shouldnt have been there. The rest of the game past the 1st palace is jusy about flawless.

Who is best girl and why is it Futaba?

So there was a cuckmole in Atlas USA's localization team trying to turn the game into a pozzfest?

That doesn't surprise me, but it is still alarming.

Futaba is cute but nowhere close to Makoto

Kawakami is a literal whore.

Makoto is second best. I planned on romancing her this playthrough. Never got around to finishing her social link because 5 charm.

Not confirmed though.

not really

Im not surprised there was one. Theyre fucking everywhere. Its a good thing they got him before it was too late. Tbh when i was playing for the first time i had my doubts for about 3 palaces before i realised everything is fine. There was even a poll atlus did and a whopping 21 peoplr disliked the translation while i think 210 people say they loved it and 500-700 people said it was ok and good.

She never even showed anyone her blushing face. She's a virgin at heart.

Like I said I liked her, but when I first met the character she blackmailed me. Unforgivable. She gets better after her palace though.

Weird way of spelling Tae.

Tbh i think that that connor guy, the one that made the website, was the one fired for cucking the translation and thats why he has such a grudge against persona 5. but thats just a theory

I didn't manage to do much social linking with anyone outside of my party besides Hifumi and Shinya because I am a shoobie.

Yea that's the theory that the game was totally cucked then Atlus then uncucked the game and the reason why they are so mad at p5.

The fuck did you do with your time then?

He couldn't even finish playing the game, there's zero risk of him ever making a text hack.

She was forced by that fat principal. He blackmailed her by threatened her education career if she didn't find who the phantom thieves were.

Makoto is a literal goddess.

God he is such a moron.

The worst part is he was complaining about 2 lines that were stunted due to rushing. Either that or he is retarded and cant understand a story deeper than "white males are the bad guys and minorities are the good guys".

Gonna have to agree with you there.

how can you not understand the actual meaning of every line when the translation was literal.

If that's true I am buying two more copies just to piss off these faggots.

I can't remember the last time I just straight up enjoyed a video game from beginning to end without stopping so much as one day without playing unless I had to work over night. Persona 5 is a masterpiece.

I bought the take your heart edition so i think i supported them enough. its a nice bag

my one and only

Cause it would explain why it was delayed for 2 months

Maxed out as much social stats as I could while trying to clear the game on hard. I neglected my social stats for a long time until I hit roadblocks everywhere. Plus I ate a shitload of burgers.

This happened twice. Fuck instant death.

Burgers are the worst for building stats. Do literally anything else. unless you get a ton of stats for eating the final burger many times dvds are best for stats

I am a Phantom thief if she knew what I was then she could have asked me for help not tried to turn me in. She was already coming over to the protagonist's side when she did it too. Plus she totally botched our investigation multiple times by asking really dumb questions. I eventually grew to like her after Kaneshiro's palace but she grated me hard at the beginning.

It took until futaba's palace for me to really like her, and sort of regret romancing kawakami a little.

make it a meem

I watched all of the Guts building DDVs and read all of the books for it too but I still had a point missing by Christmas eve. Now that I think about it I really can't recall what I did with all of my time. I feel like I messed up something really bad on my first run. I don't even think I found the fishing pond.

Movies with the movie book read is really good for stats.

I'll make some When i get back to my computer.

I know that feel.
At first i didn't like her too was going to romance Ann at first but after the Kaneshiro Palace, she really grew to me too. Plus she's to be martial artist, has a FUCKING motorcycle license, likes Yakuza movies yes its that Yakuza we all know and isn't afraid to try new things (she got hooked up on games in her beginning of the Confidant). Also surprised that she loves collecting Motorcycle figures where she mentions about separate parts, so she knows her shit.

You can always try romancing her in NG+.

Already did. I also got max slinks and all but a few personas fused. I just need to grind money for those last 7 or 8 personas for 100% compendium. no i didnt go for a harem, im too loyal for that

I'm glad ATLUS realised that people want Christmas Cakes and decided to add in a whole bunch of them for this game

Milfs, cakes, and older women are best. The only thing better are tomboys. tomboys are too fucking rare, so are cakes.

I have to start that now, since i need more cash as well.

Good job
Pic related

Cakes needs more love too.

Especially with short hair

Shit, forgot to mention the two quotes to this user

Which girl was the most Tomboy you think? I am going to go with Futaba. Still my favorite. Just the boo booest neet ever. She shitposts and wants headpats. Futaba is purest girl.

Can tomboys be tomboys if they dont have short hair?

Makoto is probably the most tomboy-ish, i wouldnt call futaba a tomboy though.

She has a lot of male oriented hobbies. Short hair does not make you a tomboy by default.

Short hair donesnt always = tomboy as evidenced by tae, kawakami, and haru, but the best tomboys always have short hair. but short hair is always sexy on just about everyone.

Makoto seems more close to a tomboy.

Makoto does know martial arts. Does that count?

Martial arts is definitly a male hobby.

She also likes motorcycles and Yakuza movies

Alright everyone.
Post your OST music.

huuuh i dont have any OST music

B3c4u53 5h3 h45 1337 5k1llz.

I never really take the characters fighting prowess in the metaverse in these games as some actual knowledge of martial arts. Chie is a good example of this. She is a good martial artist in the TV World but can't do jack shit in the real world.

Just like the MC isn't a pro knife fighter.

I guess that makes sense, but makoto says that she knows i dont remember what some kind of martial art.

She said Aikido

im more interested in knowing how the fuck she keeps a model body while not exercising or eating anything but instant noodles and curry.

different games buddy, in p4 they don't transform. chie knows how to jump and kick, that isn't necessarily a martial art but good enough for beating black goo.

Because anime is never ugly, user.

h0w 70 h4>

unless they need you to be…

Get that shit out of here.

wasn't four's strength based off of the fact that they re-released 2-3 times? I didn't even know it was a ps2 game originally, for instance.

I started thinking lately that she might actually be a trap…

She's not a trap.
She's just a tiny girl.

He just wanted acknowledgement from his pears
I can understand him to some degree

point being, anime can make a character pretty damn ugly if it needs to be.

here's how futaba would actually look like if they had picked her body according to her actions and not market research, but hey, i wouldn't want this in my party either, i dont think Necronomicon could hold her.

But Hanako was also fat and ugly as a punchline
Not saying I don't see your point though

is it possible to max out all SL in P4G?

i was under the impression that maxing out adachi implied not telling anybody that you know hes the killer, and hence not getting the good ending

can't you take screenshots like a normal person?

are you retarded or just new?

Nah, if you get Adachi to a certain level beforehand (7 or 8 or something) you can max him out only in the true ending.

I think it was 6 or 7, and then also required having a one-on-one talk with him in TV world before you enter his dungeon, and "reading his letter" in the way to the true final dungeon

the retarded thing is to take a picture of your fucking screen.

Atlus blocked taking screenshots with the share button, this has been known for weeks now.

>my politician friend teaches me how to properly rob people kind of fitting
How'd you guys' runs go?

Exams are always more important than the Demiurge.
You MONSTER

Cakes are for love, not manipulation.

Get good faggot.

It's not a joke, it's talking about her starting her own business rather than let her Superior dictate what she does. Nothing wrong with being a business owner if you don't like the way your company is run.

I go loitering there just for the music.

Has anyone asked them to unblock it? SNK unblocked a large portion of KoF XIV so it's nor like it's some irreversible thing.

It was a cry for help, user.

Playing on hard, I have to get to the treasure in the third palace and foward in one day, felt good.
Also building my harem, already got Ann, Takemi and Kawakami maxed, maxing cake filled with alcohol right now.

I fucking called that he was the bad guy thanks to that, I was wondering why no one picked up on that, but turns out they did. i love this game.

Really? What are these memes left in the translation? I don't recall them or I might have overlooked or not recognize them.

I do recall that there was a some concerns raised with localisation when translated footage was first shown with Ryuji's lines when he awakened his Persona with "What's up Persona?" when original was somewhere like "This is my… Persona." but it wasn't as excited as translated. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

I think he means the whole, are you jelly? Whats up persona! Kek and stuff

To be fair, the kek line was actually fine. Futaba said 'warau' which is a nip meme.

Embarrassing but it is clear the rest of the translation is very literal.
Pretty much what is said in Japanese.
English equivalent to the Japanese otaku 2ch meme "dafu" or "wara" or something. We had a look into this in the earlier threads.

The translation is Aces in almost every aspect, and where it fails, rarely it does, it does so because that was likely a portion done before the rewrite. It's common knowledge that Atlus did not realize how big the game would be, so when it started selling like weapons in the mid-east the higher-ups mandated a change in translation, literally saying it was to "ensure the best localization we can give" - or something of the like.

We all thought it would get massive memes and the treehouse-teir treatment FE:IF and Xenoblade Chronicles got. Turns out they might have been ready to do that, realized that P5 was going to be a far greater splash then they expected and quickly moved to un-rape the script.

What was wrong with Xenoblade? I loved the limey dub. Do you mean X?

There's a stupid JoJo reference in one of the class quizzes but I think that's about it.
A user explained the "kek" thing (Mishima uses a obscure nip variant of "lol") and, with that in mind, the translation is solid.

I'm more miffed about Morgana. The translation made him one-dimensional, he doesn't trash on Ryuuji as badly and, I might be mistaken on this last one because it's something I personally noticed, Morgana uses the pronoun "wagahai" which denounces a sense of arrogant self-importance.
Incidentally, there's a classic Japanese novel named "Wagahai wa Neko de Aru".

We will never know what happened, but maybe the nip that sent the thank you note got something to do with it? He did say that he was scared that the story was to japanese and wouldnt sell outside japan and was happy that the opposite happened.
So maybe the nips will not let the clique of localization rape their games now, because profits

the characters in p5 are way different from p3. in p3 the characters are more serious and mature while the p5 characters are loud and always making jokes

Awwwww yeah, time for christmas cake.

I hope you made it after the trip to hawaii

Yep. I've been stretching my confidants thin, which led to me only having Ryuji at max by the time Hawaii rolled around. I'm about to hit November in-game time, and I'm slowly getting to where I should be confidant wise.

Sega bought Atlus who, in turn, has close ties to Vanillaware and all of them have experience with western gaming media witch hunts; sometimes I wonder if they don't have talks about that. I can imagine George Kamitani advising his Atlus' colleagues to never bend the knee given that telling Kotaku and co. to fuck off Streisand'd Dragon's Crown to success while Sega learned their lesson with some Yakuza localizations and realized that keeping it as authentic as possible is the best way to go.

Maybe nips are finally realizing that western game journos are a paper tiger with zero influence. Except Capcom, those dipshits are [CURRENT YEAR]'d beyond repair.

After or before? I got it to 9 just before the trip and didn't get to spend time with her there. NG+, I'm gonna do that freakin' museum asap.

You need 10 before the trip, I manage to do it just in time, it was worth it.

Yeah that's the one. My bad.

Hononorifics, pronouns and speech types are difficult to convey outside of Nip without being bland or nonsensical. They made Morgana prideful in the translation so it works, but the level of arrogance to constantly push that would be difficult to put into English without making the character utterly insufferable.

I just found out the politician is unavailable in November. Can I still rank him up afterwards or is this confidant line just lost to me for good?

We need murder-happy Haru in the Crimson release.

Does anybody know which manga she's reading?

Odds are its a detective comic.

You can max out Adachi in the true ending or accomplice ending.

Atlus doesn't really seem to be enforcing the rules anyways. In English speaking content at least. Stream and post what you want, Atlus USA don't give a fuck.

I remember someone said the title translates to something that implies a detective manga.

Melodramatic is closer than mature.

"Waah, my dad sucks, wait he's great, fuck you mom!" "You got my mom caught in the crossfire, so even though she probably would have died to the shadow if you didn't do anything I'm going to kill you" "I am Jesus and will die and jump off a bridge, all because me and my briefcase friend we're subject to eeeevil experiments"

The two best girls in the game and they're background characters who're into somebody else. This should be against the law.

Thats not the problem, the thing is I cant take video or screenshots while playing, im using my camera for that.

Maybe that's what the nips want (only other character I recall that uses "wagahai" is Mogami Yoshiaki in Sengoku Basara and that guy takes "insufferable" to new heights).

I think he's gone. Makes some sense given he ranks up every time and no need to take a compatible Persona (which, in his case, seem very rare).

Stslker-chan is the truly patrician choice.

I humored Yusuke once but I'm telling all of them to GTFO now.

Meanwhile, I'm too stupid to continue Hifumi's quest line.

Well that sucks. Guess I'm not getting max Sun this playthrough. He's still only rank 3, and I'm at 11/3. He hasnt been available the past 3 days either.

I'm ignorant why do you need her at 10 before the trip?

Otherwise you don't get to spend time with her there. Oddly enough, a R6 Hifumi or Makoto will invite you.

So you can break the law in another country

A better way of putting it.

Polite sage.

When I found out the secrets of the maid and the fortuneteller, used my time machine to go back to April 9th and rushed them to max. By the time all was said and done I was just using the gym and exercising at home, after that became useless, played videogames for the last few nights.

Kinda feel like doing a NG+, but also feel like going back and starting a NG again, just to play through it again normally, and not my "The reaper had a bad case of the sniffles" 98 thief.

Because the relationship doesn't start at 10 and because taboo teacher-student relationship, etc

I meant until 10

listen here retard, fatlus blocked taking screenshots of the game, its a well known fact

we've been talking about it since release, so dont talk shit if you don't know shit.

thats because you have the proficiency of a crippled african retard.

gotta get that proficiency up my fam. also don't waste daylight timeslots on toolmaking, make them at night when there's less confidants to socialize with.

at 4 proficiency, you can make like 6 items before its over.

(Hitler Dubs Checked)

GET FUCKING SMOKED!

I never got this

Kawakami has more resistance against High School Charm, thus requiring you to romance her before she submits to a meeting.

Hifumi and Makoto don't have nearly as much experience resisting Akira's charms.

Whats better, rush the palace or do it at the last day?

Most important is securing the path to the treasure in one sitting. The 2nd palace is imperative to do asap so you can start Kawakami's S-Link and the others, I tend to do it once I get a day with no rank up event but doing asap seems to be the best since party S-Links will be locked until you take the treasure.

I tend to try and rush the palaces and complete most of the grunt work in one day. More SP recovery intensive, but it saves on daylight that is better to be used on Confidantes.

No girl is safe against MC's charm.
Its too powerful.

Well, of course… You can try to resist, but much like staring into the sun, you will succumb eventually.

one of the worst things about rushing palaces is getting constant texts from your friends saying i hope he has a change of heart, he will have a change of heart right?

They ALWAYS text you, are we going to the palace?! Are we sending the card?!

As opposed to them texting you to go to palaces. It's worse when you need to send the Calling Card, as they stop wanting to meet for Ranking Up their Confidante Levels until you finally send it.

It says "Chance." Literally "Chya-n-su"

that sounds like ryuji. he may be a bro in person but he is the absolute worst over text and he needs to lurk more. futaba is the best, she lurks and she comes in with shitposting and bantz

exhentai.org/g/1065574/b6a762dddf/

relevant to the thread

I was at the station and Ann wanted to go to Mementos. The freakin' request log is clear!

I'm beginning to firmly believe that there are actually two Ryuujis. The party never knows but the asshole they've been putting up with is Shadow Ryuuji while real Ryuuji is in the S-Links. The story gives us a unrepentant sperg while the S-Links have a Ryuuji that's mature, somewhat cool-headed and even profound at some points; not only in his own S-Link but also others like Yusuke's.

I like this theory. Part of my reasoning for doing his Confidante was because he was likeable enough there, which sort of explained why I kept him around in battle (that and Swift Strike being so powerful so early on).

Unfortunately, fucker cannot keep his mouth shut to save his life.

thats actually the second one, recently released.

this is the first one, and its already translated, enjoy user:

exhentai.org/g/1034882/96c675f93f/

I hate how the second half of the game basically has him getting shit on. I thought he would be closer to Junpei in terms of his role in the group where he's kind of an idiot but the team knows he has a good heart. It seems like everyone just calls him a retard and don't really have any other feelings about him.

She's one of the few believable characters who's desperate to deny herself because, well, her tragic past and long years of extortion and sexual prostitution. If she were to admit it, she was really just scared of you.

You are the biggest change and more sure promise of a new life for her, one of love and a genuine future. That's scary, son.

the comic starts with Morgana (before he got his persona) meeting with a Neko Shogun (one of the "demons" in the game).
Morgana warns him about something coming, neko shogun pays no attention, and he gets stomped by a Girihmekala (the fat elephant demon) who then proceeds to use morgana like an onahole, then eventually he awakens to Zorro and AllOutAttack-kills the demons.

thats why they put the snuff tag in there. the rest is just huge penetration on morgana, which is exactly what you went in there for also neko shogun doesn't really die since he's a demon, he just returns to the sea of consciousness

I could have sworn she mentioned that the protag should get an apartment for the two of them once he graduated. I looked at the Valentine's day on Tube but didn't find it. huh

Either way, she has a place of her own and he could just move in with her. She's pretty set up already (though you'd have to tell her to stop encouraging stray cats near where she lives).

I really like this question she gives, though. It's so human. She's so awkward and nervous she feels like a real person. Too bad she's not…

Like I said in the previous bread, I found his attitude understandable and, at points, relatable when dealing with Kamoshida but then he goes on a never ending chimp out fest that makes no sense. Pops off at Yusuke for no reason, acts really shitty to Morgana once Futaba comes in and is a major liability everytime he opens his mouth in public. That said, I also mentioned how I dislike EVERYONE giving him shit.
Way I see it, I like the fact that MC can give him some shit because it's bro talk, his thing with Morgana is also perfectly fine since it goes both ways (then gets ruined when Ryuuji gets particularly nasty) and also has some banter with Ann like how he does that grope gesture when she's a bikini and she takes that in good humor (a big step from P4 where the guys get shit on for just about everything). I'd be ok with Futaba giving him shit if she gave everyone shit but honestly, it should just be her and Yusuke having autism duels. Makoto does nothing but give him shit and I'm not a big fan of her party interactions, especially with how everyone fawns over her except Yusuke.
My two cents on Ryuji.

Anyway just unlocked Chihaya's affinity voodoo and I can tell it pays off, tossed a Mandrake (a Lv3 Persona) into public execution and got a freakin' Daisoujou (Lv42) and RIP space CEO.
Palace spoilers: Somehow, I found Okumura a bit sympathetic once we got his treasure likely because it was something connected to his childhood and learned about it.

second half of the game was really lame tbh. The Great Cathedral was supper boring and I was so over powered I auto battled through most of it. The game started out so strong and was really interesting up until around Tokyo Destiny Land where my party's power started to snowball. Also having to do both paths as neutral in the Great Cathedral was boring as fuck. Great game when it was challenging but once you start to over level your party it becomes a joke.

I was actually surprised about that

They are used to schoolgirl prostitutes, mate. All the other girls are younger, but there's a reasons he offers sexual favors so readily, even just at the first introduction.

She goes further and makes up stories about a sick sister to garner sympathy from those who want younger girls. She will do ANYTHING for money (because of a severe guilt complex, extortioners, and horrific self-deprecation), and she has been stuck like this for quite some time (years, perhaps).

We've been through this already, man. Twice in the last two threads. She is a purehearted virgin at heart but a victim in the flesh and sincerely chewed-apart by rotten circumstances and wicked people. She was very nearly about to be sold off into prostitution full-time (maido job is a mix, obviously) which is the "sister company" she refers to in the hospital room. It would only have ended with a far worse end thanks to those vile foster parents.

Do not try me m8 I've been through Sadayo's S.Link four times ill wreck u m8

I guess everyone has his own personal headcanons.

If you want to think she's still a virgin then fair enough. I have no reason to think so after working in that industry and opening her first introduction (as a maid during operation maid hunt) with a sexual suggestion.
However, she never once remarks on having a previous lover or romantic partner and she even goes so far as to mention how the ferris wheel was a "dream" of hers to go on a date and states clearly that no one has ever seen her [blushing lovey-dovey face]. If no one has ever seen her blush like that, if her dream was to go on a date she easily could have gone on at any time in her life if there was someone before, and if she never once mentions a previous romantic relationship then she is very much a virginal cake.

How she could remain such in a predatory line of work like that is beyond me, though, even if the maid job is part maid-work and part hooker.

That's just because Makoto is the weakest blandest character in the game. Fantastic waifu bait as every user seems to be fawning over the growing grass personality she has

Man, fuck October. This whole month is practically set on-rails.
Just started Futaba, Rusty, Iwai and Get Smoked! both at R4, Hifumi locked until I max Knowledge and Makoto locked at freakin' R5 until I max Charm. This first run's gonna be a dud.

Also Phantom Thieves confirmed PLAYED LIKE A DAMN FIDDLE.

YES

I can tell you're cool because you're hating on that thing everybody else likes.

It is rather amazing that the game technically has as much time as P4golden but actually has about half of that considering all of the railroading, time-constriction and GO 2 SLEEP NOW t.Cat

Airing genuine, legitimate grievances and comparing it to its predecessor is not hatred, user.

I tried Merciless, but it seems like the badguys take triple damage from crits, making the fights shorter and less strategic. Seems like the only thing that makes it 'harder' is that you get half the xp as you do from hard; any fight with weaknesses is actually easier after early game.

Less XP = more grind. I guess that's difficulty, but the game is already 100 hours long.

Legitimate grievances like "Too much Sae"?

Hopefully Atlus does with P5 what they did with P4 and in the Crimson addition they add in a few memes the fanbase created, though this time it's not hiimdaisy memes but Deus Vulting Makoto and a second Akechi boss fight where he's out his mind screaming GET SMOKED

Makoto was the girl I most wanted to see naked of all the main characters, but story/personality wise, I practically forgot she existed until the casino. Hifumi and Ohya both had better personalities/arcs than her.

Should have hit the bathhouse and studied in rainy days.

Something doesn't add up.

What manga is this from?

oh its you, that one retard that keeps spouting this bullshit excuse to play lower difficulties and uses yusuke in his party.

well whatever, its your game.

I usually play games on the hardest difficulty, I just didn't think "Fights are easier but you get less XP" sounded like the kind of difficulty I was after.

Is there something I'm missing that makes Merciless actually more challenging as opposed to just taking twice as much grinding?

Wait, he does that?
KEK

keep telling yourself that buddy

It's rather grating that you lose evenings because you have to watch a 1m scene with Sae/her boss or you spend a whole day in a party meeting and when evening comes, you're somehow too tired to do anything.

I've been trying to balance things out (have all attributes at 4 right now). There should have been another Knowledge boosting Confidante to help; as is, you max Knowledge to be with a Confidante that boosts Knowledge. Bravo, Fatlus!

Your spongebob pic has persuaded me.

Meanwhile, it's still true that enemies take far more damage from their weaknesses in Merciless. If there's something harder about it other than the XP/Yen gain rate, I'd like to hear what it is.

I said
As in the repeatedly shoehorned (and obviously last minute, at that) interjections of flitting back to the interrogation room for Sae to either

It's equally as terrible as the SUI director's scenes, though those make less sense since they never happen in real-time (since they all occur during the in medias res part of the story) and they do absolutely nothing but spoil every possible upcoming twist or plan of the villains.

If they cut out the SUI director scenes it would be much less obvious that Akechi was the Guro. It would still be plain as day later on since the writing is terrible but you know what I mean. Also, they build up Shido the whole game as the Big Guy and he just ends up being a Senator Armstrong? Seriously?
I thought, considering the pre-release tweets from libby moon readers, that he was going to be a major nationalist who was sacrificing everyone for the sake of getting power and making Japan great again. I thought we would get some real consideration for nationalist Japanese politics, especially when we found out they wanted to use the metaverse for geopolitical machinations. The first thing I thought of was
But NOPE! He just wanted to be the guy in politics because…eh? I don't even remember. Because the shadow government wanted him? Why him in particular? Because he's the only bald guy in P5's world? I forget. It wasn't about nationalism, though. His view of the Japanese people as useless brain-numbed peons was utterly moronic.

I want nationalist Shido. I want a good and creative Shido boss fight exemplifying nationalist and political tendencies, not two twists of a boring lion mount and then COGNITION, SON!

Also, for anyone who missed it:
Shido's lion mount was actually a reference to the prophet Daniel's vision of the end-times beasts which proceed the final beast.
One of the beasts is a winged lion, but the lion gets its wings ripped off and its heart is replaced with a man's heart. I know you didn't catch that reference because there was no reason for it to be in the game (unless Shido was supposed to be the anti-Christ, which 1) that's not what the winged lion is, and 2) PFFFFT! ). I mean, it'd be cool to fight a shadow government headed by the Anti-Christ but then we could fellate "chaos" so hard and we'd have to drop our obsession with limp wristed interpretations of Gnosticism. Couldn't possibly have that!

Yeah, very odd design decisions. Makes it seem like they decided it was too easy to max social links and made a last minute tweak.

This happens so much in P5 and other games that it makes me wonder if "The audience figures out what's going on and then watches the characters struggle to piece it together" is some trope of Japanese story telling. Like being stumped for days about the identity of Medjed.

Actually i maxed my charm first before maxing my knowledge.

And before anyone asks: I'm pretty sure the giant pyramid was a ridiculous illuminati reference, just like that red "eye, globe and hands" insignia you see all over the ship prior to the fight. It is really frustrating since it's obvious they know nothing of actual shadow government ops and yet think they can just drop that in there without a second's concern of, you know, actually dealing with the subject.
Not to mention the very, very weak "Eyes Wide Shut" deal they had going on the whole dungeon with the elites and their masks.

Note: You see that second pic? That is real. No, seriously, that is real. That's not "conspiratard" garbage. That was an actual branch of the U.S. government not too long ago.

I'm pretty sure it's ok for a video game to use pop culture shadow government imagery without going into a dissertation on the subject. It'll be fine.

What you are referring to is called dramatic irony. An example of good use of dramatic irony is at the end of Romeo and Juliet. The audience sees Romeo kill himself, then Juliet wakes up none the wiser and asks where he is as a punch viewer's gut. In Persona 5 it's just used poorly.

*to the viewer's gut

I'm not looking for random conversations on the Rothchilds and the trilateral commission, mate. I just cannot fathom the supposed brilliance of essentially stating, "Oh yeah, and P5's Japan is run secretly by the Illuminati. Whatever. No big deal."
If you're gonna rip off take inspiration from Kubrick and real world conspiracy, you should probably actually do something with it. Not even a single one of the main party even comments on the obvious Illuminati imagery. They're just kids going, "Well gee, I wonder why everyone's wearin' masks…"
And are you seriously going to tell me there's a Japanese Illuminati but yet a single SUPAH HACKAH from a corner of Brooklyn, Tokyo can get away with somehow hijacking the signal to the biggest hub in all of Japan's capital? Look, I'm not against suspension of disbelief. I can play along with Super Hacker Hikki just fine – until you start saying there's a mini New World Order that stands as the biggest agent threat against the protagonists.

Forget Demiurge (not really, but still)! Why couldn't we go after them? Don't you think that they might have something to do with how society is so severely conditioned to be so "go along to get along" willfully ignorant and delusional? And I'll say again – not looking for soap boxes, especially not from the same team that savaged SMT mainline's corpse with SMTIV and SMTIV-2: Revenge of the Lesbian Boy. But you can't just bring up something that big and not do anything substantial with it.

As said, there are narrative twists which work well for this style, particularly when the author wants to drive a point home or amplify emotional impact. However, the idiots behind P5's script forgot (or never learned) how to do this properly (and sparingly) and just spoiled absolutely everything. In fact, most Japanese works I have seen and read do this. It's so rampant that I am amazed any Nip writers know what subtlety is, especially when writers like Nasu and that guy who did Umineko are lauded as figures to look up towards.

Oh man, that was so bad, too. Talk about terrible; that was so obvious it fell as flat as pancake
See what I did there? With the obvious joke?
NuAtlus's writers would probably hire me if I knew nip.

It's just imagery for a boss fight, dude. Calm your autism. Are you that sperg from the last thread?

I don't know about no nerds or wimps, but I will say that playing any Atlus JRPG aside from classic SMT mainline on hard in this day and age is just asking to waste your time. I saw what they think difficulty amounts to in P4G where they gave you the option to set it.
You want to know what difficulty is in Persona (yes, in P5 also)?
It's trash. Why would you even play such a game on anything but "meh" when you don't even have press turns?
Not the same and you know it. Or you don't, in which case I can see why you think this game is challenging and should be played on "Waste Your Time" mode.
Sage because why not

No it is not. They go to great lengths to repeatedly show Shido's connections and how there is actually a party backing him up from the shadows. As to actually dealing with this party or even presenting them in any meaningful fashion, well that's where it busts.

You know what I liked about Caligula Effect? There was never a time of useless nonsense and everything they introduced was tied back to the plot. Meanwhile P5's NipMasons barely get anything but a doctor, a police chief and some other guy as their figureheads and they don't actually do anything they should.

Since when did it become okay to introduce lofty concepts into a story and not do anything substantial with them? I'm not expecting Deus Ex here since there's no Area 51 alien monsters running around but come on.

We're all spergs down here.

you know at the beginning when joker transforms and joker has to give ryuji a reply? one of the 3 possible answers is "you jelly?". can someone tell me what was in that reply box originally? because that sounds like a redditor meme they forgot to write out.

go play in safe mode if it suits you, just stop lying to people about merciless being easier.

Where was this implied at all? It seemed to me that Shido was the mastermind who had built up the group of conspirators, and the people that took over after his change of heart (the doctor, police chief, etc.) were just his former underlings trying to pick up the pieces.

You're making shit up again.

Some more spergy than others.

Probably just "Are you jealous?" with some Nip accent. I'm pretty sure it's our general concensus that this was left over from the meme-savaged script they were going to give the game if there hadn't been a last minute rush to fix the new blockbuster.
That's too easy. Come on. The game already practically gives you the soft spot on every enemy's skull.
I'm not that guy.

No there's more than a few hints beyond that and I am pretty sure they said more than that.
Nope

Masterful

I'm pretty sure they didn't, and you're just making stuff up again because you're too much of a dingus to pay attention to the plot, seeing as you're capable of missing basic things like the specifics of the Akechi ruse.

That is what I said.

Friend of mine told me that Haru has all sorts of crazy lines in Mementos like what's in that pic, but I've never heard any of them despite driving around down there with her for hours. Farming the Reaper.

Anyone have a list of them?

I'm pretty sure you're making it up that it's not there. I played the game twice. I think I know what I'm talking about.

So maybe I should tell your armless French chicken picture that YOU should substantiate your claims! You do it, chicken!
What?

You're the one making a claim, burden of proof is on you.

You're the dumbass from the last thread who was posting shit about not knowing how exactly they tricked Akechi and wanting to know why Joker wasn't in his Metaverse clothes in the interrogation room, etc., and was trying to call it all bad writing because you're too stupid to understand basic stuff like that. It's obvious from your posting style and you reusing the same damn images.

If you're too dumb to get stuff like that, why should anyone take you on your word about the Illuminati being in the game?

Counter claims are still claims. Burden of poof, mate.

Looks like we got a bootleg Sherlock over here! How do you know the images aren't just copied and saved with different names? And what are you even talking about "posting style"?
BECAUSE THE ILLUMINATI ARE IN THE GAME
YOU SEE EVIDENCE OF THIS AND THE CHARACTERS MENTION IT but it goes nowhere. We've been over this.

Okay, spergo, I'm gonna need you to take 5 relax gels and cram them up your arse.
I'm not saying that it isnt inspired, but youre really grasping here. No mention of anyone beyond Shido's clique that was pulling strings. You are being distracted by the images the developers wanted you to see at face value. If you beat the game, then you should know that all of the actions were playing into yabbadabbadoo's hands. You should be shitposting about demiurge, not a fictional nipponese bogeyman. Where were the spooks eyeing MC if this was illuminati? I understand your concern, but you are being distracted by the puppet show, instead of critiquing the puppeteer.

OH
Look it's not just the symbolism but it's the discussion between the lame trifecta of the doctor, police chief and whoever. But whatever I'll let that go. I'll let that one thing go. I'll let the small possible friendly-fire go when we've got a veritable battle field of errors and terrible writing to deal with.

gave me a chuckle. nicely done

Fair enough. How about we take it to the nosey puppeteer, then?
Do you think it's because the Nip VA for Igor died that they changed the voice, or do you think they seriously thought they were being clever by making his voice as obviously sinister as possible?

also
>>>>>>spergy

You claim the game makes specific mention of a group backing up and controlling Shido. I just ask that you prove it.

You're damn right.

Too many for it to be coincidence. Also I doubt anyone other than you would use your shit filenames.

You post like someone who thinks he's real smart, but is in fact a dummy. You also post
about Kawakami in both threads.

web.archive.org/web/20170522084951/8ch.net/v/res/12589685.html

WHERE
ARE
THE
PROOFS

He died partway through development, which is why we had one of the many delays. They took the whole script and started fresh. If he lived, we would definitely see a much different persona 5, i guarantee. The deep and sinister voice was meant as a conditioning twofold: to new players, this conditions them to not trust Figaro and just keep it professional. For veterans, it is the game basically telling you from the start that the overarching story is "Igor has gone missing? Who could this mysterious imposter be? Only one way to find out, goy!"
You are giving the writing staff too much credit, they barely managed deep subjects when satomi wrote because the franchise wasnt a cash cow just yet. But you saw how the waifufags ousted satomi after P2 (Belladonna). What doctor? Takemi, or the one who administered the drug to Shido? The doctor that gave him the drug is seriously a fucking extra. The SIU director was basically a mouthpiece for Shido until he finally beta raged after it was too late. The police chief is also a extra, for most intents and purposes. Who of shido's contacts have the most screen time? SIU director (delegated to sae cutscenes to shovel exposition on Shido's stance), and the Principal (plot machine operator until makoto joins party). If there was more of a presence from the Yakuza or UN/SMT UN equivalent, then i could really humor the luminator spergout. You also have to keep in mind the market that it was written for. Japan doesnt see much or deal much with rabbi shekelstein and his cohens. Theyve got internal problems, like the Yakuza's hostile takeover of the entertainment industry during the 90's in japan, and the subsequent degeneracy of moe, waifushit, and low birthrates.
On a tangental note - remember user that every time you watch idol shit or fap to idols, you are giving the yakuza shekels and spirit energy. Look at each major media house in nipland, each is owned by a family. Even your precious SEGA has been mob owned since it's inception, same with nintendo.
Here, since you want your (you) so fucking badly you redtext it

hol up
Moe is an expression of pure virtue, and one of the means by which fascism will re-enter the world. And the low birthrates are caused more by overpopulation and awful working conditions than waifus.

This is true though, idolshit is filth. Also of note is that many yakuza, especially those involved with the 'crazy Japanese porn industry' are in fact Zainichi Koreans, aka subhumans lower than dogs.

And who shipped in those gooks? Ensured corporate culture remained its stagnant, cutthroat, salvedriving mess?
Moe may at one time been an expression of virtue, but that has long since been perverted. Just give it up, nothing sacred has come from the industry in nearly 30 years. Being a moefag is the first step on to the slide of faggotry and degeneracy, and those sneaky japs do a good job of making it hard to find pure moe. You give me a pure moe character, I will show you doujins of them being deflied in every way imaginable. That is the state of the porn industry there, just part and parcel with the current regime - as well as the long history of perversion in nipponese 'art'.
There is always the one true answer, but our wizards havent pulled the feat off just yet.

I disagree.

There's a lot of degeneracy out there, but there's a considerable amount of virtuous material as well.

This is akin to claiming that the entire Aryan race is doomed because the shekelgrabbers make porn with some of them. The fact is, an idea and the truth behind it rise above whatever certain base individuals may do.

Returning Uncle Adolf was always the plan, but the people must be made more receptive to his spirit first.
ANIME IS IMPERIAL JAPAN'S REVENGE

Black Mask was a pretty tough fight.

You mean pancake man's second form? It was only hard because i was unprepared and tried to do the whole palace in one day. I didnt expect 3 really hard fights in a row at the end. I had to use a soma too.

The challenge in merciless isn't from normal encounters. Bosses are where the extra challenge comes in.They are mostly crit immune with no weakness, and you will be facing them at a lower level than normal unless you grind like a bitch. Bosses can still usually crit on your party, and thus you get fucked over even harder on them. Sure, it may be easier in the first few fights where you aren't underleveled because no one has any exp yet, but you are going to be at a lower power level by the time you reach the first boss. Also, the increased damage isn't always helpful even when traversing palaces. The way you do diplomacy in this game is by knocking everyone down, and some things are going to die rather than be knocked down. Thus, your stock of personas is going to be rather limited in some areas.

pure gold, 10/10 webm

daily reminder that lavenza is best daughteru and futaba is best imotou. Lavenza is pure as lotus while Futaba is an incredible cutie.

Nice spergout, Holla Forums.

I mean what do you expect from a man who lost everything, gets cucked beyond the maximum and remains forever salty and with Tyrone's semen in his mouth? It's just that one example for all of us to avoid becoming.

did anyone notice that the opening of the game is very similar to sly cooper 3? a gang of thieves pulling off a heist and then the leader gets caught

Wait a mintue, what is the text behind the 1st image

Wait a minute
>A river in a dry land
>An oasis in a singed land
>Creating new life

>Yet staring across this barren wasted land
>I feel new life will be born
>Beneath the blood stained sand
>Beneath the blood stained sand

Are you implying what I think you're implying, user?

agreed, Lavanza ia 10/10 cute. Shame we got to see so little of her. maybe in the rerelease (we all know it'll happen) she'll get some more screen time.

Caroline and Justine were nothing but annoyances the whole game. One is a raging bitch and the other is an emotionless drone.

There you are. Thought the other user was you.

You say "there is no specific mention of a group backing up and controlling Shido". This is a counter-claim and requires proof.

That proves NOTHING! You don't have my DNA on those posts! I want my attorney! Plead the fifth!
Now you're just trying to hurt me…
>web.archive.org/web/20170522084951/8ch.net/v/res/12589685.html
OKAY OKAY I'LL ADMIT IT! I DID IT! I posted those posts and named these files and I would do it again! It's just fun to rag on a game as shoddy as this (in the last third) but everyone's already picked it apart where it counts and I want to seem like the smart guy I am so I went after other details, and though I was right about half of them the other half wasn't that big a deal– BUT NO! THE ILLUMINATI ARE REALly in the game I could almost swear it. Seriously, I don't remember exactly where it says it but it's there! You can't prove otherwise!

y-you find 'em! I've got them just give me some time I'll find them just a Tube video maybe or something I just beat Shdio fnso maybe Ic an see if I find them

RAAAAAAAAAA

Wait, what is that second stanza? Did Meguro rip himself off?

you play aao don't you.

You mean the second song? Its Metal Gear Revengeance. If "DON'T FUCK WITH THIS PRESIDENT" doesn't ring a bell, nothing will.

Shidou was /ourguy/ all along. :^)

Makes you wonder…

No but I watch the videos on Tube, seems fun

I not only want this as our Shido boss fight (better than muh muscles) but also as our persona, best friend and player character.

Why not? It'll be a perfect threesome

Rusty would probably run Sae off with a broom. At least until you max Charm and convince him, you're gonna reform her with a good dicking.
The threesome would probably require max Guts and Proficiency.

Rusty wouldn't do that.
He seems okay with MC dating older woman.
He just reacts to Sadayo because she IS MC's teacher.

He'd run her off because she's been a total cunt who used the threat of a custody battle to get info out of him. IIRC he even tells her to never show her face there again.

were people saying this game has a squeal bait in it? it wraps quite nicely and it could really just end there. If do more stuff with it i hope morgana gets a human form and i want kawakami in it or some way of spending time with our waifu

They do seem to make peace after Sae's palace, even Futaba accept Sae's apology

When does it end?

Don't fuck with Char Armstrong

lets just say it aint over till the credits are rolling

There's another dungeon after the ship isn't there?

You should learn to space out your text to make it more readable, but you make good points overall.
I'm still right, of course, but you make very good points, especially with Igor and the yakuza.

This is hilarious although bitterly true, as well

Still seems like a hassle rather than a challenge, but I suppose it's better than I had thought.

It is something else to go back and listen to the real Igor when he appears in P5. All of his lines of dialogue (all five of them) are so disconnected from the moment and story. They are just the usual introductions he always gave plus a single line about friendship and truth. Might as well have just recast him instead of trying to splice this together.
Still utterly self-defeating.
I like that Caligula Effect feels like Satomi ripping NuAtlus for their SoL waifu writing.

These pics are a great example of how much more interesting CE's cast is and how they deal with real grievances and traumas.
MAJOR CHARACTER SPOILERS FOR CALIGULA EFFECT
But if our major focus is in selling merch and making marketable characters - especially big appeal wife characters - we can't dare venture down any genuinely challenging road. In this way, for all its faults, Satomi really made a proper successor to the classics. I like P5, but I was refreshed with Caligula Effect.

ALLAH ACKBAR!

I liked it better when you didnt openly post about that trash. How many threads have you been chased out of - doesn't this get tiring?
Well if you didnt have lysdexia you could read what i wrote fuckman

He's nothing but a deranged idolfag.

YOU CAN PROVE NOTHING

Well that, too, maybe. Last I checked a lot of medical advances came about through using the results of vile human experimenters. Just because he's obsessive over an idol that doesn't make his games any less great.

DDS will always be amazing no matter who Satomi has locked in his closet. Oh man I hope he doesn't actually have anyone locked in the closet…

Don't know anything about this game, but from looking at these screenshots:

C U C K
U
C
K

He's been shilling the game since launch. He gets shooed out of each thread he shitposts in. Maybe a hotpocket will ban him and make him go market for fatlus usa elsewhere, like lebbit

Wait, you raise a child that isn't MC's?
Is he a cuck?
I'm glad i avoided this shit game.

Is that thing on the right her baby?

SON
Fuck that shit, if she had a daughter I wouldnt mind about it, I could take care of both and impregnate them

Pic related. Finally found a vid where it's made clear as day.

I want fiction that is not purely "idealistic" but actually challenges you while giving you a good story. I want characters that are more than tropes and animu trash, and if they are going to be dealing with personal issues then actually delve into what those issues are.
Did you know P5 has pretty much the same amount of stark reality but shies away from it at every turn?

I've gone on and on about Sadayo, but Futaba is legitimately brutal to learn about. Her mother was GotSmoked and then her whole family blamed her for her apparent suicide (thanks to suits and fake note). You got that easily, but did you know she then got tossed between family members until she was taken in by her uncle, who proceeded to abuse her and treat her like a dog? Did you know she has a light form of PTSD when she first sees him because she immediately remembers his horrible mistreatment of her?
You would know this if you went through Sakura's confidant link. Thing is, it is then NEVER BROUGHT UP AGAIN.

Futaba's fear of people doesn't come from her mom's death but from her vicious mental abuse and neglect by her family and her uncle in particular. Sakura then comes in and acts a Cool Guy but by then it's too late as all the trauma and guilt has forced her to retreat into her room and computer. Sakura even says that she would often not like to eat the curry he made - which is one of the few things he knows how to make well aside from coffee (maybe that's why she's so thin).
However, neither her nor Sakura's S.Link actually do anything with this aside from a side-mission to change her uncle's heart to stop him from claiming you hit him. It's pathetic! Why bring up something that serious and then just make her S.Link have nothing to do with the root cause? Are we supposed to believe all that history she has, which makes her quiver in fear at the sight of her uncle even after having her heart changed, is just fine and nothing to conern ourselves with? There's no struggle for her character, no arc. She just gets more used to hanging out outside and it's especially easier for her because you're there and she's magic-brain-healed from stealing her heart. Can you imagine how much more involved and satisfying it would have been to talk with Futaba and help her overcome her past trauma?
Yeah, no, it was a lot more fulfilling to have her ramble on about nothing, talk about and help a friend and then watch her just get more normal just because. That's better. Sure.

Or how about Ann's terrible lonely childhood she mentions all of ONCE?
Or Ryuji and his mom having a close relationship because his drunken father would abuse them? Also mentioned one time.
I have typed this before and I might have to type it again, but for all the flack I get for loving Caligula Effect so hard because of its characters and how they tie into the theme of the story, P5 had just as much potential in every regard but squandered it. Why can't we see Ann and Shiho become friends again? Nope, off-screen. Gotta use that time to talk about MODELING. OH JOY.
The only ones of the main cast who really went somewhere were Makoto and Yusuke. It was great to see Yusuke grow up…until they tried to paint Madarame as a secret nice guy? Seriously? They did this with Akechi, too! Why are we supposed to sympathize with these murderous mongrels just because they sort-of cared at some point about someone else? Yusuke was terrible Forget what I said.

Makoto, despite dealing more with another NPC rather than her, used the story and investigation of the NPC's circumstances to give Makoto room to air her past and concerns. It even tied into who she wanted to be, her personal goal in life and how she wanted to honor her father (as opposed to her abusive sister who just blames her father for being a good detective that got mowed down). In fact, of anyone in the main cast, Makoto is probably the most sincere and has the most genuine character development which even is seen in the game's narrative itself (not that her S.Link is necessary for that but it adds depth to it). Maybe that's why she attracts as much fervor as she does among posters here, because she's the only one who has a very grounded past trauma that is resolved an arc that flows properly to the end. Or in other words Makoto is actually well written. Despite not being the most engaging character otherwise, I mean.

P5 could have been better. It should have been, but having characters deal with reality is HARD and doesn't sell anime bucks, I guess. I wonder why they even brought anything like that up in the story if they weren't going to follow through with it, but then again, this is NuAtlus we're talking about.

HAha No, that's your companion through the game. Think Mona or Teddy, but actually likable and far less grating.
…As a character, that is. Her voice is nails-on-chalkboard terrible, though no more than is usual for chibi anime characters.

But user that's terrible. Don't impregnate lolis

If you "romance" her (you don't really romance them unless you choose certain dialogue options; it's less like P3-5 and more like P2) then presumably you would. But if you have good taste you'd choose a better girl.

If they bleed they can breed

they dont paint madareme or akechi as secret nice guys. the whole point of that was was that even though madarame was a monster even he had good side to me because humanity has a dual layer side to them and shit. yuskue explains it better in his rank 10 social link

I feel silly for not noticing sooner. The love for damaged goods and the tl;dr posts should have given it away.

Even rapists and murderers have "good sides". That doesn't mean jack. What they do is what they are, and there should never have been a touching moment of "realization" about the man who watched his mother seize-out on the floor until she died.

And don't even get me started on the desperate cries to make us sympathize and care about Akechi. That was embarrassing.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Jokes aside, it was pretty obvious, wasn't it?

Mona was superior to Teddy but the used him too much as the Sleep Warden so it got grating. He is much better than Not-Lucifer though, and cucking him was funny.

people always have to exaggerate to win the "argument" dont they?

madarame never raped yuskue or harmed him in anyway despite all the bad things he did, he just learned of all the bad things he did but he still has some found memories of hm because madarame was basically his father and only parent

If you actually paid attention to that scene, they don't insinuate that at all. If you respond that Madarame was still an asshole in the dialogue choice, you get a three music note response. That scene was trying to portray Madarame as a complex figure because there are very few example of purely evil human beings.

this

What? I never said Madarame raped him. Madarame murdered his mother, man. That's what I was referring to.

Here we go again…
How about we watch the scene again and actually take in the overall tone, ay?

hence why i said you were exaggerating you buffoon. I think you have a problem with reading comprehension or something cause you always with out fail seem to miss key and obvious things which others get

How old is Sadayo anyway? She doesn't seem that old.

Gimme that 1st image text.

Yes.

Late 20s.

While you can argue that the scene was presenting the complexity of the human heart, especially since that was the focus due to the conversation stemming from interpreting Yusuke's painting, Yusuke's little "Sensei" remark and the dialogue options
allude to an attempt to soften our view on Madarame, to humanize him to some extent.

That is ridiculous, and it is even worse with Akechi. It was obvious from the start that Madarame has some aspect of "good" to him. In the earlier rank, when visiting the house again, Yusuke asks why Madarame would take him in. I found it confusing since Madarame already told us why.

The whole thing was softening our view of Madarame not simply showing him to have complexity, but rather showing that he was once a better person who was just tainted by the art world.
Too bad that's no excuse for MURDER.
But maybe I just take it too seriously that the level of depravity in a man's heart for him to stand by and watch a woman seizure to death is beyond "complexity" of heart. He was evil. Simple.
which is stifled by their evil. I guess it depends on your worldview, then, because I can tell you flatly that there is no argument for Madarame having a form of love or affection for Yusuke. I'm sure there was, somewhere deep down, but that's no counter-balance to murder.
To hell with Madarame and to hell with trying to make us think he's a real human bean just got seduced by the dark side.

Probably late 20's to early 30's.
I don't have it. It's just maidcake getting shocked over Joker's intentions anyway.

Treasure day gets a scripted evening so no dice.

Incidentally, got a chuckle out of MC's reaction to the massage.

Worst girl

Ryuji is the worst. He's likable, but the worst.
I can't even find him and I'm trying to get home. Do I really need to say goodbye to him?

he's in the arcade you nigger

Ryuji is a typical jock.
So of course he's going to act like an asshole.
I still kek when i see Larry 2.0

Open the map and press Square over the locations. It shows the available S-Links, even points out if they're going to rank up.
One of those really nice commodities the game has.

Except for when there are multiple links in the same location and all of them are maxed and one of them is always at the school but the school is closed that day and they didn't text you. You know, except for those times.

Pretty much, both ways.

Nevermind I just left without saying goodbye.
More importantly, I finally figured out where I had been confused. Sadayo suggests you getting a place once you graduate and that she would pic related

I like how all the girls in this game at one point or another show genuine interest and focus on marriage. Probably a result of the current downslide of birthrates that's been going on for, what, a decade now? Good to see women in fiction wanting to be women.

Anyway, this is it. I have finally completed the second playthrough to the end, collected every bit of useful info, wrung Sadayo's confidant link dry and gotten both Satanael and the Omnipotent Orb (and the Pillar whatever from Death). I have so thoroughly driven this game it may as well be my mistress. Next time I'll go for an Ann playthrough for cat-cuck fun, or I might see if I can finish Haru's S.Link at all. I just couldn't be bothered.

kawakami actually did ask you to marry her there since japs dont say "will you marry me" they say things just like how kawakami says it

I know it's a stereotype but whenever I hear things like this I find it hilarious that such an otherwise almost stoic or at least very inhibited culture produces such expressive entertainment as anime.

Though that does make it all the more adorable. It was worth the replay.

Of course, Japan is showing alot of propaganda to get the NEETs to go out and start getting married.

I think the Sojiro version works better for this. Cause yes I can see Sojiro high fiving the protagonist if he bragged about banging a girl near the end there.

That works too but i chose this.
You gotta remember Sae is interrogating and it would have been priceless if Sae found out about MC dicking Makoto

"Batesona!"

shiiiieet the shitposters are coming

whats with that "twin dragons" move in P4G that chie and yukiko do? they throw it after all outs.

are there any more moves like that with other party members?

Yes. There is one with teddie + yosuke and one with kanji + naoto.

Don't blame me for having a hot sister.

Credit goes to
Just needed a sec in paint.

Anyway, where'd you get that portrait from?

I found them on the megami wiki, its the closest i can find

Those the police investigation questions affect the story in any way?

Only the big choice one. You'll know it when you see it.

Never sell out your friends, user.

Never.

if you sell your friends out you get shot

I just answered their questions with another question pissing off the two detectives.

At the beginning? Hell no.

Near the end? Unsure.

Don't forget the pancakes.

how do you unlock the Death SL in p4 again? cant find the old lady

Pretty sure you have to rank up Devil after talking to the old lady at the lake. I could be completely wrong though.

I need to finish sojiro SL now.

my nurse SL is already at level 8.

i already got the scenes with the old lady, but i can't find her no matter what, what am i doing wrong? i dont want to lose on the death arcana.

You go to the lake i think on sundays.

just found her, glad i asked because i kept advancing through the game and couldn't find her

Can anyone explain why Cybele was moved to the Priestess Arcana?
Wasn't it in the Lovers?

Probably to give lovers a new ultimate persona.

jesus fuck that nurse in 4 is such a huge cunt. made me go see her 3 times to get a single level up, and this is with a persona of the corresponding arcana

I really want to play Caligula Effect, this year there have been NieR automata and Persona 5 that has made me like vidya gaymes again.

Also my cat is black like morgana, I seriously want to punish that fucking cat, I mean Morgana puripuri prisona is not at blame but why did the Atlus team have to make the cat black?
reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Also 96hours inn and still not finished.

i played over 150 hours until i finished.

save file states 141 hours, 37 minutes, but i did a lot of save-loading to find out the correct things to say during confidante interactions, and also died a lot because i played the entire thing from start to finish in merciless, seriously its common grounds to play for 45 minutes and suddenly get OHKO'd on your way to the safe room because you encounter an enemy that hits akira's weakness on the first turn. all that combined time of "replaying" parts could easily be combined into another 10 hours.

i haven't played a game for more than 100 hours since Let It Die, which was during early january.

Hey, hey guize.

Picture 3 remind you of anyone?

Nope

not a clue my fam

when does the adachi SLink become unavailable? im on 9/11 LOL right now and barely level 6. cant seem to get any chances to socialize with him anymore.

It's odd because of all the ones I maxed (Temperance, Sun and Moon), the ultimate Persona has been the same.

And her S Link becomes a gigantic mess halfway through.

Just keep trying, and remember that sometimes in the day and sometimes at night

You know what must be done.

iirc it's an early version of the character portraits. If you look back on the original trailer, there are some differences.

Okay, so hear me out.
It's confirmed that each velvet room takes the form of its user's heart.
But the attendants change everytime.
This could mean it is their preference in women.
So is the new MC a lolicon?

Anthony Burch's twitter is @reverendanthony. This is a parody account.

what the fuck happened?

Nope, he changed the username.
twitter.com/duvalmagic/status/508062104117862400?lang=en

Which is worse?
Burch or Pitchford?

You make a good argument, but there's no loli romancing in the game so probably not.
Unless you count Futaba, who is essentially the sexable Nanako (I feel sick writing that)

That's like choosing whether you prefer to get pissed or shat on.

Your theory doesn't match up for Persona 1 or 2 though. In Persona 2 does that mean that MC has a fetish for jazz bands due to the way it's created?
Or he's bi?

There was more loli romancing in Persona 3 than 5.

Futaba isn't a loli, she's just small.

Then she is a loli, user

nanako would make a great onahole

I can't get enough of cat-cucking. I'm playing another game and yet I spent 1000hrs in paint making this.

Good to know, thanks. Holy shit, he's so pathetic I thought the genuine article was someone else making fun of him.

There's a much lower chance of contracting diseases from piss compared to shit, and it's easier to clean off.

What does a massive elevator that's moving entirely too fast mean? What does a ritzy as fuck limo that's headed no where in particular in no particular hurry mean? The prison is pretty obvious, at least.

The elevator is supposed to represent ascending Tartarus, I think. The limo? It's driving through fog and… the main character is going through a fog to uncover truth?

Still no casino shadow smut. Why haven't artfags given into TEMPTEISHAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH?

Nevermind. Got a better one.

All I know is that most every single P5 doujin is about or starring Ann, and each of them - EVERY SINGLE ONE - is non-cat NTR, rape and whoring with either Kamoshida or some random guys.

I am firmly convinced that over 90% of contemprary doujin artists are cuckolds. You cannot prove me wrong. We never had this influx of masochism when P4 was out. Well, aside from that one infamous Rise-Adachi comic. Mostly it was all romance and protag, not today's garbage. Figures, considering the current state of Nips.

exhentai.org/g/1060010/6467481dc5/
No Shadow Sae but does normal Sae count?

its because ann a is perfect character for this ntr rape stuff because of the thing with kamoshida and because she is a model. still the p5 doujin scene is pure filth

Don't care much for doujin, I'm more of a ecchi person. A few years ago, doujin used to be rife with pin-up style illustrations and I really miss that sorta stuff.
But yeah, most P5 doujins are that, very unimaginative harem stuff or gay cats.

Seen a few of her and Makoto. But I meant the actual casino shadows, the bunny girls. There's no fan art at all of them.

Guess I shouldn't complain when I look back at the prequels. I'm genuinely surprised there's so much of Sadayo, Hifumi and Tae.

I'm surprised with the P5 doujins as well.
All i see is Ann NTR and no its not MC cucking Morgana and some fujoshits. Jesus the doujins are getting worse.

Those bunny girls deserve more love.

Might as well give it up entirely.

Must just be me then.
It's really just me who thinks it looks like Kawakami?

It's not hard to find a gal with messy brown hair, mate. Need to find other features as well.

New thread

You shouldn't. She's in high demand.