Dwarf Fort

Is there a current version of DF + Therapist that's 32 bit?

?

?

?
?

Damn it this is how this thread's going to go isn't it?

?

?

Apparently

I'm not even angry only equal parts despair and amusement.
Let's try this again. The only versions of the current pyLNP for windows is 64 bit. I need a 32 bit version. I've managed to find a 0.43.03 LNP that will work but the bundeled version of Dwarf Therapist isn't up to date. I'm usually not this retarded but I'm suffering from mild heat stress and dehydration. Hepl.

I'm sorry user, I've honestly never needed the 32 bit version. It'll get updates eventually, have you tried the latest lazy newb pack. I know I use it.

Have you got a link? I keep getting a hold of the wrong one.

Are there any tilesets for this game like there are for Nethack?

Tons and tons. My favorite is Obsidian and Phoebus.

dffd.bay12games.com/file.php
This should be the latest. But damn you could have just checked the wiki, it's as autistic as the gameplay.

tilesets are for babies.

Nice meme user.

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

I'd do it myself but I'm far too lazy.

Not on my watch

Not making your own text/symbol tileset is for babies.

Oh dear. Goodbye, my FPS.

I'm beginning to remember how to ride this bike. I'm kind of disappointed that I have no feather trees.

Now is the time to learn to play DF without Dwarf Therapist. It really is nothing more than training wheels for new players to begin with. It will be worth it when you can just jump into the newest version without waiting for the mods to catch up.

Sure it's not that hard to play with the rapist, but it makes shit much more straightforward and saves a ton of time for many operations.

I never actually knew Dwarf Therapist was something that could be used to manage the labours until recently. I always used it as a reference point for skills, jobs and keeping track of shit while I used VPL to manage other stuff.

Even now, I find VPL to be even far more easier and simple to use then whatever I have to do with Dwarf Therapist.

But when the game is in front of you and playable and you want to play it but can't only because you can't find a compatible version of that mod, then it kind of sucks to be dependent on it.

Right now it's more important to teach myself how to aquifer.

daily reminder that recursive/self-referencing chains of replies are very common on reddit

Integrated stonesense, DT, and multithread when?

daily reminder that daily reminders are very common on reddit

I think I may have accidentally built a synagogue.

Oy vey goyim

Excellent work, Dwarvim

Reminder that tilesets are for fag and that old version adventure mode is the only good adventure mode.

What happened with adventure mode?

Got to be a massive chore thanks to the new conversation system, combat system, and a few other odds and ends.

Oh, I'm just starting out, I accidently hit o instead of t trading with these elves. It was just a bunch of random craftwork stuff though.

Toady broke adventure mode years ago and he still never bothered to fix it. And I find this very disappointing because av mode was DF's high point for me.

Bumpan

I tend to run out of seed/spawn early on in my fortresses, why is that? I'd like to try a barren land embark like a wasteland or a Glacier but I don't dare until I get that problem sorted. Any ideas?

Only brewing and eating raw produces seeds. Cooking produces no seeds. And to have seeds, you need to brew all the plants all the time, so you can plant them again. Also there are some small problems with bags and shit. But I dont think you can have any real problems with plants underground. As long as you dont use plants to cook, use experienced dorf for farm you are fine.

I'm certain that I'm disabling underground crops from being cooked and I'm careful to always embark with a grower with as many points as I can give him. I even have problems with running out of pigtails. I wish I knew what I was doing wrong.

No way, that's the best thing about adventure mode.

Do dwarves have to have bag bags to collect sand or will any of the equivalent containers work?

?

Pretty sure you need bags. Also having bags is really important for effective farming.

Is it normal for a child to be taken by a fey mood? I've not been playing long, but I kind of assumed dwarf kids don't really do shit but for all I know he's about to make something epic.

¿

Perfectly.

Children can have moods. A fey mood results in the dwarf instantly reaching legendary level in the associated skill, but because it's a child the dwarf has to wait until adulthood (age 12) before it can actually work the skill again.

Aww, cool, thank you. Lil nigger made a chert ring.

I got a message that a child withdrew from society, locked themself in the craftdworfs workshop and started building a mysterious construction
I just recently started playing so I had no fucking clue as to what was going on and feared she would release some mechanized monster and kill everyone
a little bit later the hikineet shat out a mudstone scepter

Kill her, before she did something bad.

As long as the dwarf doesn't enter a fell mood you'll be fine. Although personally I'd rather have a fell mood than a secretive one. I've lost a lot of dwarves that way.

Very much this. 34.11 was the last version I could tolerate it in. Butchering peasants who won't even fight back is absolutely no fun at all.

As someone who's been playing DF since before .40d I would like to say its just not worth it. Playing DF without DT is a stupid waste of time and needless micromanagement

No I misspoke. Possessed the annoying one not secretive. You don't even get the benefit of a legendary crafter out of the deal.

New combat system is great and you're fucking high. Being able to roleplay the exact sort of style of combat you want is amazing

So, the average dorf fort player?

not in current year my friend

Haha, epic ruse my friend. Let me believe.

That is not as bad as a webspitter. At least shields can protect your dwarves.

Yeah webslingers are lethal. Even if the forgotten beast is made of something weak like water or steam it can still slaughter half your fortress if it has webs.

You wanna dig yourself an underground arena or 2 and/or get some wide mine hallways like 3 or 4 tiles.

In short: as much space as possible to work with so your entire army doesn't get permasnared in a 1x1 prison. Friggin' bullshit.

There can be forgotten beast made of gasses? Fuck a crundle how is that possible?

I think FBs and Titans can be made of every natural material in the game except adamantite and divine metal.

My first fort I came within about two ticks of loosing the whole population because of a webslinging water beast. The only thing that saved me was an artifact door between the main fort and the mines.

When will giant enemies reflect their height? It triggers my autism when I read of decapitating giants when I'm supposed to be the size of their shins.

When toady focuses his own autism into it. Right now he's focused on this world activation kick. From the sounds of it we'll be able to send out squads to commit genocide/"artifact retrieval" missions soon. Plus all that weird shit with adventuring parties wanting your shinies but I'll probably magma the shit out of them.

Well, we do have trees now. But multitile monsters are far away.

It drives me crazy, sitting and waiting for Toady's autism to synchronize with my own. I want an overhaul of the agriculture and food systems. Farming is too simple and I just really want cooking to be a little more in-depth than the "Dwarven wine roast" silliness it is now. When he adds the "outpost goal" mechanic I'll probably be the guy building roadside inns and taverns. I want my dorfs to be comfy and have entire catalogues of booze and food to feast upon. I have to brew everything on the map–EVERYTHING.

I didn't understand what dwarf therapist was about at a glance when I first started dorf fort, so I skipped it and figured it out without it.

I dunno what it used to be, but I like biting people in the leg.

You know, that shit is easily moddable.

Therapist is not needed with small fort. But after 50+ dwarfs its impossible to effectively manage them without it.

By the time I got forts with 50+ dwarfs, I had started using therapist

it's only in 32 bit. is this some kinda low energy troll?

DF is 64 bit since last update.

Is there a mod that let me capture elves and headpat them?

Me too, user. Because for my autism, I want vastle expanded Dwarfish engineering and mechanisms at my disposal, so that I can make more nefarious devices.
I want all fluid-like substances to become proper liquids, so that I can obliterate goblins with pressurized milk-cannons or flood the lower plains with a permanent lake of elfish blood.
I want the miasma/cloud system to be properly expanded into a "gas" category that can then be manipulated with suction, filtering pressurization - so you can embark in a Terrifying biome, then capture, blend and pressurize various evil clouds and ship them to other fortresses or adventurers to be deployed as WMDs against necromancer sieges, forgotten beasts or forest retreats.

There's been so many new elements added since 40d, but they're all only snippets of larger ideas. It's maddening.

I'd say that's anyone's primary complaint about Dwarf Fortress, it's like a full course meal of a game but you can only have a single bite of anything.

Would you play 3D dwarf fortress?

I would but this fat Swedish fuck never got around to making it.

what do you fags think of gnomoria?

Gnomoria is a watered-down Dwarf Fortress that charges you $15 to have graphics. Also fuck gnomes.

Better to just deliver pressurized evil cloud canisters to elfish forest retreats and then get the fuck out before it activates.
Evil clouds don't fuck around. Some of them just melt things, but others transform whatever's inside them into immortal murder-machines that destroy everything within sight.

Aren't soulless husks/thralls also contagious when they're covered in cloud residue? That's a civilisation ending WMD right there if you set it off in a population centre.

I'd honestly be content with Rimworld graphics and interface. That or fully integrated Stonesense.

is Rimworld worth getting into? I know it's df-lite in the future with guns, and it doesn't have z levels.

Worth a pirate. Grossly overpriced on Steam.

Look at this comfy as shit little lake surrounded by mountains. I'm very tempted to embark somewhere on that little peninsula.

Noice.